Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

If this is true, this takes laziness to a whole new level.  I mean, who can’t pretend to work out for about 20 minutes?  I’m not even saying ACTUALLY work out, just make it look halfway believable.  I mean that’s roughly the time to get a pizza delivered.  She could order, “work out”, and then go eat her pizza.  I don’t know if this is a real subscriber, but it wouldn’t really be that surprising she’s phoning it in.  You’d think if she actually has people paying thousands of dollars each month, she’d ride that gravy train until the wheels fell off. Hell, you’d think she’d even have Dadwee or Buddy making appearances as her fitness partner to rev up sales.  

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

IG won't let me see it without  logging in, and I don't have an account, 🙄

That usually happens to me but this time I got to see the photo...Maybe because I just updated Chrome?? OMG she is huge! 

• Love 1
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

IG won't let me see it without  logging in, and I don't have an account, 🙄

Here you go...

WWT.jpg

Edited by Teri313
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think she looks good actually. It’s the most put together I’ve seen her in a long time.

Not to be rude, but maybe because she is all covered up? And look at how much it takes to do that....

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think she looks good actually. It’s the most put together I’ve seen her in a long time.

I agree.  But why choose something that is going to make you look bigger???  I think she has a beautiful face.  Even if she shrunk only to 200 lbs, she would be stunning.  That would not help her personality, of course.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She looks very pretty in this picture.  Unfortunately,  she also looks as if she's smuggling The Great Pumpkin under the dress.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Not to be rude, but maybe because she is all covered up? And look at how much it takes to do that....

I do think part of the reason I like the dress on her is that it fits. I also think the bright color is good on her and while the floral pattern isn't something I could pull off, I think she wears it well. Her hair and makeup are done well. I think it's a good look.

But why choose something that is going to make you look bigger???

I'm not sure what would make her look smaller and she says herself that she isn't trying to look, or actually be, thinner. I think the flowy style works; it's not as tight and clingy as her clothes usually are. It actually looks fairly comfortable.

• Love 10

Wow, that's a gorgeous dress. Any clue where it's from and if they make straight sizes? I don't think I could pull it off, but WOW I would love to try. I do think she looks good in the picture, but you have to credit the dress, makeup, hair, and photographer. I'm sure as soon as it was taken, she ripped the dress off, proclaimed her sweatiness, and started eating her car-ice cream, you know, since she forgets to eat so much.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

www.baacal.com

The company shows up responding to each one of the Whitney fans asking her where she got the dress. She, of course, can't be bothered?

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I just looked up the website-that dress is a bit pricey but the company seems to cater to larger sizes and their stuff was really cute. maybe it will show Twitney she can wear things that actually fit and not look like 10 pounds of sugar poured into a 5 pound bag.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

www.baacal.com

The company shows up responding to each one of the Whitney fans asking her where she got the dress. She, of course, can't be bothered?

Sweet, thank you! The sizes aren't for me, but those styles are very pretty and I'm happy that people of size are able to buy clothes that look great. Hope they do well.

Naturally Whitney can't be fucked to respond to her followers. I hope baacal didn't comp that dress for her.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

I hope baacal didn't comp that dress for her.

I think they must  have. Why else would they feel so free to take over her instagram post - agreeing with everyone who says she looks fabulous and amazing, asking  her followers to come to their site and sign up for their newsletters, announcing plans for an upcoming giveaway . . .  If I had actually paid $396 for a dress and the designer had used my instagram to hard-sell my one million followers, I'd be pissed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I think they must  have. Why else would they feel so free to take over her instagram post - agreeing with everyone who says she looks fabulous and amazing, asking  her followers to come to their site and sign up for their newsletters, announcing plans for an upcoming giveaway . . .  If I had actually paid $396 for a dress and the designer had used my instagram to hard-sell my one million followers, I'd be pissed.

I'm sure you're right, it's just a bummer that she does no work for free stuff, and probably other swag or payment. Same as what was posted about their fitness workouts above. Do no work, get paid. Hope they get some new shoppers out of it. I presume so, since her followers have got to include a portion of the plus-size community and also because it seems like they're hustling. Hell if I were the right size I'd be getting my credit card right now.

• Love 2
On 5/4/2021 at 12:48 PM, Elizzikra said:

I do think part of the reason I like the dress on her is that it fits. I also think the bright color is good on her and while the floral pattern isn't something I could pull off, I think she wears it well. Her hair and makeup are done well. I think it's a good look.

I'm not sure what would make her look smaller and she says herself that she isn't trying to look, or actually be, thinner. I think the flowy style works; it's not as tight and clingy as her clothes usually are. It actually looks fairly comfortable.

I agree - it's like her wearing a two piece swimsuit - it's got to be more comfortable, and she's not going to look good in any bathing suit.  This dress is pretty, it would be appropriate for a party, and she looks way better than in leggings, sports bra and a tunic top, even if she doesn't look thinner; that's not happening anyway.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:12 PM, monagatuna said:

I'm sure you're right, it's just a bummer that she does no work for free stuff, and probably other swag or payment. Same as what was posted about their fitness workouts above. Do no work, get paid. Hope they get some new shoppers out of it. I presume so, since her followers have got to include a portion of the plus-size community and also because it seems like they're hustling. Hell if I were the right size I'd be getting my credit card right now.

Well if she actually bothered to answer her followers and boast about the clothes she'd probably get way more free stuff, but she's too dumb and lazy to do that so she's probably still missing out 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I like that dress on Whitney.  It works well with her coloring.  

All the discussion of whether it is slimming or not reminds me of something a friend of mine used to say.  She was about 385 pounds at her highest weight.  When trying on clothes, she would say, "Does this fat make me look fat?"  Then she would laugh.  Whit is not going to look slender, nor is she trying to.  But the dress is flattering. 

• Love 10

Here's my bizarre theory. What if she has had wls and is holding the dress in a way so that she looks maximum size. If she was losing weight it would be more obvious if she was wearing her usual sports bra ensemble.

16 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Here's my bizarre theory. What if she has had wls and is holding the dress in a way so that she looks maximum size. If she was losing weight it would be more obvious if she was wearing her usual sports bra ensemble.

Well, yesterday's post was a picture in leggings and a tee shirt. She’s lounging at home,  so completely appropriate.  The outfit is very flattering,  but it's quite clear she has not had  any wls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Colleenna, thanks for the update. There have been so many things she has posted recently where her face looks naturally thinner but not as a result of digital manipulation that I began to wonder.

I wonder what it took for her to start dressing more appropriately.

2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Colleenna, thanks for the update. There have been so many things she has posted recently where her face looks naturally thinner but not as a result of digital manipulation that I began to wonder.

I wonder what it took for her to start dressing more appropriately.

Paid endorsements and/or free clothes would be my guess lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Ugh - same Mother's Day photo of her mom that she always uses because it gets her the 'gee she looks just like you' comments. Nothing can ever be about or for someone else when Whitney is in the vicinity.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Okay everyone, new drinking game! A shot for every time they wrote out the entire name of the show in the article. 

Thanks,  but I'll pass. Don't want wind up in the hospital from  alcohol poisoning 🙃

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Thanks,  but I'll pass. Don't want wind up in the hospital from  alcohol poisoning 🙃

I understand. I tried to make one out of every time we saw a closeup of June's face in The Handmaid's Tale but within 15 minutes my bladder was about to burst.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

So the word on reddit is that Chase is now officially engaged to his baby momma. While I was wondering if Whitney will expect to be invited to the wedding, and maybe perform an interpretative dance as a feature of the ceremony, I found this LINK  Whether or not you are a fan of The Vicar of Dibley, this will make you laugh.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

So the word on reddit is that Chase is now officially engaged to his baby momma. While I was wondering if Whitney will expect to be invited to the wedding, and maybe perform an interpretative dance as a feature of the ceremony, I found this LINK  Whether or not you are a fan of The Vicar of Dibley, this will make you laugh.

Congratulations to them!! There is a photo of her to mark Mother's Day on his IG and she definitely has a ring on. I hope they are very happy together with that super cute baby.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

But did Ryan call to let Whitney know the news before everyone because I’m not sure she is ready for an engagement this week LOL

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Ketzel said:

That's  wonderful.  I wish them joy, and love, and success.  

The idiots that write for the gossip rags seem to think he's engaged to Katie  Cottle, because that's who posted the  pic on IG. Guess it never occurred to them that Katie might be a FRIEND OF THE COUPLE.  (Google  chase severino  engaged and you'll see what I mean)

So we have to go to Betty if we want to plan something on Mother's Day, Whitney if we're in labor...

Also: her "go to" is a maxi dress? If by maxi dress she means leggings and a sports bra...

whit.png.51833e0ddbb3f5137ef17de2f6a45f91.png

That's not a maxi-dress. It's a bedsheet.

The color and fabric are very bedsheet-y and I don't think they are flattering on her. I do like the cut - particularly in the top. A bright color would be much better on her.

16 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I've been on her side (all things being relative) for the last couple of Insta-outfits. This thing is fucking hideous. Full stop. 

That's been my feeling about the latest outfits as well. I've thought for the most part she's looked good and definitely better than the overstuffed leggings. But I just couldn't believe this dress. It's awful and frankly I'm surprised it's Athleta. I find their stuff to be horrendously overpriced but at least the stuff is usually nice. This is the dress on a thin, fit person and it looks awful as well. When you put it on an obese person it's just hideous.

https://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=598507012&cid=1009207&pcid=1009207&vid=1&nav=expmore%3Adresses %26 rompers%3Acategories%3Amaxi%2Fmidi&cpos=2&cexp=2378&kcid=CategoryIDs%3D1009207&cvar=18750&ctype=Listing&cpid=res2105130979650674983696#pdp-page-content

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

But look how well it sets off her tattoos! (sarcastifont off)

image.png.bd20b50f79eb97cc3aee63ea92b81e7f.png

That a terrible shape for a dress on a size woman... on her it looks like a bed sheet and she's on her way to a toga party

• Love 4
On 5/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Congratulations to them!! There is a photo of her to mark Mother's Day on his IG and she definitely has a ring on. I hope they are very happy together with that super cute baby.  

Dang, I don't see that picture. 

1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

I think you're on to something. lol Yes, that's what it looks like. So funny.

Nope. According to the pictures on the Athleta website,  the pleats are in the back. Pretty stupid design IMO.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Apparently TLC still hasn't confirmed there's going to be a season 9.  

Is it unusual for TLC to begin filming without a commitment to a new season?  

https://nextseasontv.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-season-9-release-date-tlc/

I would think so. Someone has to be paying the crew and I don't know why there would be any money for filming without a commitment. A few months ago Whitney responded on IG that she knew the status of the show but didn't actually say they were renewed. Around the same time Heather posted a 'it's a been quite a ride' type of post so that sounded like cancellation. But that was long enough ago that it seems to me like if they actually did say they were renewed (or cancelled) it would have been public by now. 

I am hoping the producer is with her trying to come up with some kind of storyline to convince TLC to give them another season and they come up dry. But I'm sure that's just a pipedream. Maybe this season's storyline is bariatric surgery and they are trying to keep it quiet. 

• Love 2
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

I'm hoping it gets cancelled at the last minute.😁 Is that your dog? @Persnickety1

I'm hoping it does, too...that's why I was checking to see if the next season had been announced yet 😂

Yes, that's Miss Lucy, my little chihuahua rescue I adopted after I lost my 15-year-old baby girl on NY Eve.  The grief was killing me, so it's more like Miss Lucy rescued me  ❤️

42 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I would think so. Someone has to be paying the crew and I don't know why there would be any money for filming without a commitment. A few months ago Whitney responded on IG that she knew the status of the show but didn't actually say they were renewed. Around the same time Heather posted a 'it's a been quite a ride' type of post so that sounded like cancellation. But that was long enough ago that it seems to me like if they actually did say they were renewed (or cancelled) it would have been public by now. 

I am hoping the producer is with her trying to come up with some kind of storyline to convince TLC to give them another season and they come up dry. But I'm sure that's just a pipedream. Maybe this season's storyline is bariatric surgery and they are trying to keep it quiet. 

Yeah, I was wondering that, too, if perhaps they aren't announcing the new season because they haven't decided if they can come up with enough fake bullshit after the Chase debacle material to warrant another season.  

Part of me would love to see the proverbial rug yanked from under her, but the other part of me would miss this train wreck and all of the delicious snark on this forum.  

#TheStruggleIsReal

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Nope. According to the pictures on the Athleta website,  the pleats are in the back. Pretty stupid design IMO.

I see "pleats" on the back of the top but the back of the skirt just looks wrinkled...

2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Apparently TLC still hasn't confirmed there's going to be a season 9.  

Is it unusual for TLC to begin filming without a commitment to a new season?  

https://nextseasontv.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-season-9-release-date-tlc/

TLC is notorious for not announcing what is renewed and what is cancelled.  They have had shows start a season without ever announcing that they are renewed and shows that haven't had new episodes for more than three years that they still list as active on various industry databases.  So I never consider their announcements meaningful.  

As to the dress, the front screams swim coverup to me.  Even looking at it on the website, it's just not a great dress regardless of who is wearing it. I think it looks best on the plus size model wearing it in black because she has more of a pear shaped figure.  Otherwise, and especially in grey, that is one pricey polyester potato sack. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm hoping it does, too...that's why I was checking to see if the next season had been announced yet 😂

Yes, that's Miss Lucy, my little chihuahua rescue I adopted after I lost my 15-year-old baby girl on NY Eve.  The grief was killing me, so it's more like Miss Lucy rescued me  ❤️

Yeah, I was wondering that, too, if perhaps they aren't announcing the new season because they haven't decided if they can come up with enough fake bullshit after the Chase debacle material to warrant another season.  

Part of me would love to see the proverbial rug yanked from under her, but the other part of me would miss this train wreck and all of the delicious snark on this forum.  

#TheStruggleIsReal

Miss Lucy is just a cutie pie like My Dixie. She's a chihuahua tan and white and spoiled. I had her since she was 8 wks old. she's a about a year old

• Love 1