Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

I saw that Instastory and thought it was preposterous. She is not being forced to submit to anyone. If she’s having sex at all, which I doubt, she’s pressuring him. Personally I think she posted it so she could feel all ‘with it’ using the term cishet and because she seems obsessed with any kind of talk about sex. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney has put a full screen quote in an insta story, lamenting that "most cishet men are disappointing their partner in bed,"  and that "sex is simply another form of unpaid labor that women are expected to offer their partner." 

Where is this coming from, Whitney? Who has been demanding you provide unpaid sex while being a disappointing  partner? Buddy? (really?) Chase? (who seemed more interested  in avoiding sex with you than demanding it?)

Oh I hope we are not being setup for a season of The Return of Whitney's Lesbianism!  With luck she's just trying to tell us that she's thrilled to be a single gal, unencumbered with the chore of unpaid labor that sex with her husband would have been.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney has put a full screen quote in an insta story, lamenting that "most cishet men are disappointing their partner in bed,"  and that "sex is simply another form of unpaid labor that women are expected to offer their partner." 

Where is this coming from, Whitney? Who has been demanding you provide unpaid sex while being a disappointing  partner? Buddy? (really?) Chase? (who seemed more interested  in avoiding sex with you than demanding it?) The impression you give (on the show, at least) is of a woman who is totally eager to provide sex to anyone who is willing to have you, rather than that of a woman coerced by societal expectations into providing unpaid sexual service to unsatisfactory lovers.

BTW, this particular complaint was au courant in the seventies, and there's a substantial body of feminist literature analyzing these issues, including the comparison between prostitution and marriage, underlying (no pun intended) assumptions that women don't enjoy sex, but only see it as currency, as well as  whether a woman has an obligation to educate a disappointing sexual partner. There could still be an interesting discussion on whether things have improved, and if so, how and if not, why not? But  I don't get the impression that's why Whitney posted. 

This is where I think I figured Whitney out--she acted sexually obnoxious to feign confidence. A lot of women with low self esteem will do this, thinking it makes them appear happy with themselves when it actually does the exact opposite. Maybe she's starting to figure this out herself. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This is where I think I figured Whitney out--she acted sexually obnoxious to feign confidence. A lot of women with low self esteem will do this, thinking it makes them appear happy with themselves when it actually does the exact opposite. Maybe she's starting to figure this out herself. 

Maybe.  But I doubt it 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I don't watch the show anymore, but it appears that Twit hasn't figured anything out yet.  She reminds me of a guy that my husband works with.  I've known him 4 or 5 years now, and he's been in a relationship with various women the entire time.  He goes from one to the next, and he's lived with two of them.  He's intelligent, charming, fairly good-looking (and he knows it), but he strikes me as very insecure.  He wraps his entire identity in having a girlfriend.  Now, with regards to Twit, she's not charming.  She's pretty.  She screams insecure.  I feel sorry for whoever her next victim love interest is.  They better get that TLC paycheck in cash.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

1 hour ago, princelina said:

Maybe.  But I doubt it 😄 

Yeah, one thing we haven't seen a trace of is Whitney showing any insight into her own behavior, especially where her interest in men is concerned. 🙂

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Yeah, one thing we haven't seen a trace of is Whitney showing any insight into her own behavior, especially where her interest in men is concerned. 🙂

Another  thing to consider is that Chase's baby is due pretty soon so Twit may be trying to get the attention back on herself.

• Love 9

So this is on her InstaStory. Funny that she’s whining about this. She comes as close as most people every come to this kind of life. Sure her resources aren’t infinite but they are pretty good for someone who does almost nothing. And she definitely has all the time she wants and really no responsibilities. 

3C55AEA4-CFA3-44F5-8973-885052E8D521.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

So this is on her InstaStory. Funny that she’s whining about this. She comes as close as most people every come to this kind of life. Sure her resources aren’t infinite but they are pretty good for someone who does almost nothing. And she definitely has all the time she wants and really no responsibilities. 

3C55AEA4-CFA3-44F5-8973-885052E8D521.jpeg

I can't imagine what she would do with more time, other than sleep. 

• Love 6

Today's  insta story includes an explicit erotic line drawing.  FWIW, the couple depicted are not obese.  I am backing slowly away from her postings; it's not fun to watch someone  . . . not sure how to describe it. . . behave so oddly?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Today's  insta story includes an explicit erotic line drawing.  FWIW, the couple depicted are not obese.  I am backing slowly away from her postings; it's not fun to watch someone  . . . not sure how to describe it. . . behave so oddly?

So very odd... the picture of just the torso with rolls of fat is bizarre too.  So often she seems completely unaware of how something comes across or how people perceive her behavior. She seems completely oblivious to her inappropriate touching or juvenile sex talk. She seems to have no understanding of “normal” behavior or that her behavior is well outside “normal”. I know there has been a lot of talk about her being emotionally stunted but this seems so much more than that. It’s like she doesn’t even know what “normal” should look like. I mean what kind of thought process brought her to the decision to post an explicit, erotic, line drawing like that??? Why? What is she trying to say? I can’t tell if this is just another example of her being bizarre or if her grip on reality is starting to circle the drain.

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 6

I wonder if her recent posts were because she was aware that Chase's gf had gone into labor. The baby was just born and from what people who have seen the photos he posted have said is that she doesn't appear to be premature in the least. So, closer to August than October.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I wonder if her recent posts were because she was aware that Chase's gf had gone into labor. The baby was just born and from what people who have seen the photos he posted have said is that she doesn't appear to be premature in the least. So, closer to August than October.

Congrats to Chase and his girlfriend. I hope both baby and mom are healthy and doing well.  Whitney could be lamenting that but I have no sympathy for her. I don’t believe the relationship was real. Still not sure if she knew about the girlfriend, but she knew it wasn’t real. Her lament is that her fantasy that Chase would fall in love with her anyway didn’t come true and that the baby wrecked her ability to craft the end of the relationship to make her look good. 

Edited to add: I just saw the baby photos on Chase’s IG. First, he must have made some kind of agreement with TLC or Whitney to support the ‘October’ date because he says ‘you scared me coming so early’.  That said - that is NOT a premature baby. That is a full-term and adorable baby. Plus she’s home and clearly was just born. A preemie would be in the hospital at least a few days, many more if she was actually due in October.  Not to mention the one photo that shows the weight of 6lb 12 oz - again - not a premie. I guess it’s possible that Chase doesn’t realize that babies are considered full term once the get to 37 weeks - so maybe she was 37/38 weeks and he thought that was ‘so early’ but this woman was NEVER due in October. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 11

He has several photos on his Instagram. A few of him holding his daughter, Aurora, not sure why he is bare chested. Is that a thing that father's do these days? She is a cute baby, looks healthy and doesn't appear to be in the NICU.

Whitney really needed to do something to offset the attention the recent birth will garner. I can see her proclaiming that she doesn't want or need a man to take the focus off the broken engagement.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Congrats to Chase and his girlfriend. I hope both baby and mom are healthy and doing well.  Whitney could be lamenting that but I have no sympathy for her. I don’t believe the relationship was real. Still not sure if she knew about the girlfriend, but she knew it wasn’t real. Her lament is that her fantasy that Chase would fall in love with her anyway didn’t come true and that the baby wrecked her ability to craft the end of the relationship to make her look good. 

Edited to add: I just saw the baby photos on Chase’s IG. First, he must have made some kind of agreement with TLC or Whitney to support the ‘October’ date because he says ‘you scared me coming so early’.  That said - that is NOT a premature baby. That is a full-term and adorable baby. Plus she’s home and clearly was just born. A preemie would be in the hospital at least a few days, many more if she was actually due in October.  Not to mention the one photo that shows the weight of 6lb 12 oz - again - not a premie. I guess it’s possible that Chase doesn’t realize that babies are considered full term once the get to 37 weeks - so maybe she was 37/38 weeks and he thought that was ‘so early’ but this woman was NEVER due in October. 

According to  his/baby mama baby registry,  due date was 25 September,  so 37 weeks. October  was Whitney's  words, not his. 

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

According to  his/baby mama baby registry,  due date was 25 September,  so 37 weeks. October  was Whitney's  words, not his. 

Yes but he never contradicted her or said a timeframe himself. The assumption was that he was letting her have that little lie to make it seem like the relationship was real longer. I figure his ‘I can’t believe you were so early’ is either part of the agreement to let the October lie continue or he really didn’t realize that 37 weeks is full term.

And it didn’t quote right but for the post who asked about Chase being shirtless - skin-to-skin holding of the baby is good for bonding. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

He has several photos on his Instagram. A few of him holding his daughter, Aurora, not sure why he is bare chested. Is that a thing that father's do these days? She is a cute baby, looks healthy and doesn't appear to be in the NICU.

Whitney really needed to do something to offset the attention the recent birth will garner. I can see her proclaiming that she doesn't want or need a man to take the focus off the broken engagement.

Did you see the IG "story" ---really just  an image --- she posted "Just  because  things could  have been  different  doesn't  mean  they would have been better." 

Yeah, I think she's  hurting  right now. And I am all out of fucks to give about it.

• Love 9
On 9/8/2020 at 5:19 PM, 3girlsforus said:

He really goes through them, doesn’t he?

3rd or 4th girl of the year. The funny thing about this one is that she had something in her Instagram bio about “probably taller than your boyfriend.” She obviously had to delete that bio when she made her relationship official with the shrimp that is Ryan. How embarrassing. 😂 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

Hey @Ketzel.......

91AEF105-2753-413B-84F7-4D2451F20367.jpeg

She wants the fame. Perfect match for Ryan. She follows Whitney but Whitney doesn’t follow her back. I’m sure Whitney is sick of how many women he goes through that it would be hard to keep up with them so she doesn’t bother following the “flavor of the month.” 

• Love 4

Considering they stayed in the hospital 4/5 days and how small she is, it’s highly likely she was premature. I work in labor and delivery. Anything before 37 weeks you have stay for awhile. She’s cute as a button though. Good luck to him and his GF

• Love 1
On 8/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I’m right there with you... I’ve had some seriously lazy days during quarantine. But the difference to me seems to be the degree to which Whitney has taken the lazy. Even in the days where I just sat and read a book in my room or watched TV, I got dressed, made the bed, and sat on top of the made bed (the only TV where I get to choose what to watch is in my bedroom). She seems to spend the majority of her time unclothed, prone, and under her sheets. Taking a day here and there to be a couch potato is one thing. Not even bothering to put on clothes, get out of bed, or even sit up is a whole different level of lazy. 

So as someone that has been working from home for months now, our bed is made every day, I am wearing work acceptable clothing every day, showering, shaving, etc. If anything the condition of our house has been improving. We redecorated the home office, put in a water fountain on the back patio, done some new plantings, ordered a new garage door and our standard home floral arrangements have ballooned from 2 to 5.

Like, I'm not saying we are doing fabulously at all of this, it's been soul crushing, but unless Whit is broke there are tons of things she could be doing right now to not look like she is wallowing in a deteriorating home, things are still be delivered.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, oneintroduction3 said:

She wants the fame. Perfect match for Ryan. She follows Whitney but Whitney doesn’t follow her back. I’m sure Whitney is sick of how many women he goes through that it would be hard to keep up with them so she doesn’t bother following the “flavor of the month.” 

Whitney probably wonders why if he’s so willing to go through women like that why she doesn’t get a ride on the Ryan-go-round. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

https://www.eonline.com/news/1186554/whitney-way-thores-ex-fiance-welcomes-baby-with-another-woman-3-months-after-their-breakup

So as someone that has been working from home for months now, our bed is made every day, I am wearing work acceptable clothing every day, showering, shaving, etc. If anything the condition of our house has been improving. We redecorated the home office, put in a water fountain on the back patio, done some new plantings, ordered a new garage door and our standard home floral arrangements have ballooned from 2 to 5.

John M - I've got some chores for you at my house...

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Me from ME said:

20 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Skin-on-skin contact is supposed to promote bonding.

Yep.  It also helps the baby regulate its temperature (along with some other things like heartbeat & blood pressure).  They recommend you do it for the first couple months.

• Love 3

Thanks for all the answers about the skin to skin contact. I was being snarky and referring to the picture where she is fully swaddled and he is holding the bottle.

Before we went to pick up our puppy we sent one of my husband's unwashed t-shirts for the pup to sleep with. I should have sent one of mine as well because he immediately became attached to my husband.

35 minutes ago, Robbie M said:

That is not the picture you post right after  the man who “cheated” on you posts his girlfriend and new baby. Chase is supposed to regret his decision 😂

I think when you are Whitney you do. The post did exactly what she intended it to. She got loads of ‘you are a goddess’ ‘you are a Queen’ ‘You are so beautiful’ responses.  That’s what she wanted. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think when you are Whitney you do. The post did exactly what she intended it to. She got loads of ‘you are a goddess’ ‘you are a Queen’ ‘You are so beautiful’ responses.  That’s what she wanted. 

And you don't want to get into that hot tub until it has been drained and sanitized...you know she peed in it!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4