Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

OMG these articles.  I swear Twit  writes  them herself. 

I think a bot writes them. They are always clunky and awkward - almost like a fill-in-the-blanks story. There's always very strange use of the subjects first and last names, like "Whitney Thore was devastated about her breakup with Chase Severino. Whitney is recovering nicely and says she only wishes Chase Severino well in his future endeavors. One thing is for sure, Whitney Thore won't give up her show and her fan base without a fight."

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think a bot writes them. They are always clunky and awkward - almost like a fill-in-the-blanks story. There's always very strange use of the subjects first and last names, like "Whitney Thore was devastated about her breakup with Chase Severino. Whitney is recovering nicely and says she only wishes Chase Severino well in his future endeavors. One thing is for sure, Whitney Thore won't give up her show and her fan base without a fight."

Maybe  they're  written by  someone whose  first  language is not  English.....like, Asian? Whatever the reason,  they suck.

• Love 1

As a non-native English speaker I think the stories are written by someone’s that doesn’t speak English as there first language that is also told to use certain keywords like Whitney Way Thore or Whitney Thore for search engine optimization.  With that said the “stories are boring”, but I guess the same can be say about the stories on the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

So yesterday, Whitney put up a picture of Tal on her instagram, and wished him her standard effusive birthday greeting.  ("You are the best and I love you endlessly. . ." ) Now, I am no expert on instagram etiquette, but I have had this question in my head before, so this time I will ask it of you guys.  Why does everyone flock to Whitney's post to wish Tal a happy birthday?  Shouldn't they go to Tal's instagram and wish him a happy birthday directly?  I guess I understand it when she posts about her parents, since they aren't active on instagram, but Tal is, and even Whitney's post includes his instagram contact.  It just seems odd to me, but months of quarantining-isolating-working-from-home and breathing through masks has, perhaps, made me a little odd. Or at least, odder than usual. 🙂

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

So yesterday, Whitney put up a picture of Tal on her instagram, and wished him her standard effusive birthday greeting.  ("You are the best and I love you endlessly. . ." ) Now, I am no expert on instagram etiquette, but I have had this question in my head before, so this time I will ask it of you guys.  Why does everyone flock to Whitney's post to wish Tal a happy birthday?  Shouldn't they go to Tal's instagram and wish him a happy birthday directly?  I guess I understand it when she posts about her parents, since they aren't active on instagram, but Tal is, and even Whitney's post includes his instagram contact.  It just seems odd to me, but months of quarantining-isolating-working-from-home and breathing through masks has, perhaps, made me a little odd. Or at least, odder than usual. 🙂

Well, they BELIEVE  her bullshit, so that means  they're not the  sharpest  crayons in the  box. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Not only that but she says she looked through 1000s of photos of the two of them before settling on one that is just him, as if that was lesser. Whit, other people’s birthdays are NOT ABOUT YOU!! If you are posting a photo of someone on their birthday, it should default to a photo of just them. If you can’t find one then you look for one with other people.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

As a non-native English speaker I think the stories are written by someone’s that doesn’t speak English as their first language that is also told to use certain keywords like Whitney Way Thore or Whitney Thore for search engine optimization.  With that said the “stories are boring”, but I guess the same can be say about the stories on the show.

On 7/15/2020 at 2:39 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Not only that but she says she looked through 1000s of photos of the two of them before settling on one that is just him, as if that was lesser. Whit, other people’s birthdays are NOT ABOUT YOU!! If you are posting a photo of someone on their birthday, it should default to a photo of just them. If you can’t find one then you look for one with other people.

About this Tal photo.  Question I have is is it just me or is it a little unusual for people in their 30’s to still hang around with childhood and high school friends, most of whom are unmarried and often slightly employed.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

About this Tal photo.  Question I have is is it just me or is it a little unusual for people in their 30’s to still hang around with childhood and high school friends, most of whom are unmarried and often slightly employed.  

Eh, I have some friends from high school that I still see once in a while. We all live in different locations but we still talk once in a while when we can.  We also all work full-time jobs and pay our bills and everything! (For the record: I don't like Whitney, but I don't think there's anything wrong with having friends that you've known for a long time.)

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

I’m in touch with a few high school friends, mostly because of FB, but we live in various places so we don’t see each other. I think with the exception of Buddy, these friends don’t either except when it’s for the show. Occasionally getting together, maybe, but the show makes it look like they hang out almost constantly. However,  if you watch their SM, it seems clear they have lives, friends, family etc and really only see Whit occasionally or when it’s required for the show. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 6

My two best friends are people I met in high school and I'm 50. BUT - we went to a small high school and all three of us went away to college but returned to the same area in adulthood. I'm in touch with them all the time and saw them pretty regularly before the pandemic. But when I tell other people this, it does seem to be an unusual situation. A lucky one though!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

I lost track of the  people I  went to  hs with  the  day after graduation.  As far as I'm concerned,  I didn't  like  them when I was in school  with them,  and neither  time nor  distance  has made the  heart grow  fonder. 

Can ya tell  I haven't been  to any reunions? 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I lost track of the  people I  went to  hs with  the  day after graduation.  As far as I'm concerned,  I didn't  like  them when I was in school  with them,  and neither  time nor  distance  has made the  heart grow  fonder. 

I feel exactly the same way!!!!!!!!

• Love 6

An open letter to  Whitney  Way Thore:

Dear Whitney, 

We know that you and your  disciples  lurk here, so I know that you  will  get this message. 

Please,  for your own sake  as well as those whom you CLAIM to  love so much --- GET. PSYCHOLOGICAL. HELP. Your slovenly  behavior,  your juvenile  antics, juvenile  vocabulary,  and emotional  reactions  suggest that somehow,  you got emotionally  "stuck " at around  age 12. A 12-year old is not emotionally  ready for marriage,  and neither  are you. Even if you  met your  perfect  mate tomorrow,  such a marriage would not  work.  

::climbs down off soapbox::

• Love 9
On 7/16/2020 at 5:29 PM, Donut Bear said:

My best friend and I met in pre-k. We’ve been friends ever since, our moms also ended up really good friends. But we are both married with kids, have gainful employment. We now live about an hour away from each other, but get together usually once a month. If we lived closer we’d see each other more often. Our kids are close in age so it’s fun for them too. 

• Love 1
On 7/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, Elizzikra said:

most of whom are unmarried

Also must ask, what is wrong with being unmarried?  I know quite a few people who are unmarried and they're happy. Unmarried doesn't always mean immature or scared of commitment. 

• Love 16
On 7/16/2020 at 5:29 PM, Donut Bear said:

most of whom are unmarried and often slightly employed.  

I'll stick up for the barnacles here - Heather is divorced with kids, Ashley has a baby and lives with the dad, I'm pretty sure they both have jobs which aren't really featured on the show.  Tal has a job and during the course of the show has had a date for everything and then moved in with someone.  When this all started I believe Todd was living in NYC trying to do something about his dance/entertainment career, until filming this train wreck became more lucrative, and he has never said anything about his dating life so we just don't know. They seem like they are in normal phases of 30-something life, except for the fact that now they are paid to be avidly interested in Whit's shenanigans.  The only ones who are actually "unmarried and slightly employed" are Whitney and Buddy - and even Buddy has had a couple of actual relationships that I don't think were fake.  So it's just Whitney Way Thore - unmarried and often slightly employed.  That will sound good on her tombstone 😄 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, princelina said:

I'll stick up for the barnacles here - Heather is divorced with kids, Ashley has a baby and lives with the dad, I'm pretty sure they both have jobs which aren't really featured on the show.  Tal has a job and during the course of the show has had a date for everything and then moved in with someone.  When this all started I believe Todd was living in NYC trying to do something about his dance/entertainment career, until filming this train wreck became more lucrative, and he has never said anything about his dating life so we just don't know. They seem like they are in normal phases of 30-something life, except for the fact that now they are paid to be avidly interested in Whit's shenanigans.  The only ones who are actually "unmarried and slightly employed" are Whitney and Buddy - and even Buddy has had a couple of actual relationships that I don't think were fake.  So it's just Whitney Way Thore - unmarried and often slightly employed.  That will sound good on her tombstone 😄 

I agree with this. It seems that all of them have lives, friends, jobs, family etc. Buddy less so than the others but he does seem to have a relationship and has gotten sober and stayed that way for 3 years as far as we can tell. The show shows little to none of this. Whitney is really the only one with nothing outside of the fake life of the show. 

• Love 3
On 7/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, Colleenna said:

Same, all of this. I was picked on and excluded in school, so if I never see any of those assholes again I'll be better for it. Some of them still roll with the same groups and pull the same BS except now, no one cares what "group" one is with (except them). Amazingly, a few are STILL bullies. I've eliminated most of them from my social media and am only friends with 3 people I went to HS with. 

College was a much more enjoyable experience for me. No time for social games, popularity contests or other BS. 

• Love 3

Same with me as well. I wasn't bullied or picked on but it was a small town and those that stayed behind seem to have very small universes. I feel sorry for the head cheerleader, captain of the football team, and the rest who considered themselves as being popular who settled down and never left.

On the other hand, I have travelled widely, live in a 250+ old house on many acres in New England and my life is full of adventure: camping, hiking, backpacking, rappelling, kayaking etc. If I had remained in the town in which I spent my first 21 years my life would have been much more staid.

• Love 3

So, I was thinking  .. do you think Chase will  post pictures on his IG when his baby is born? Or will he refrain  "out of respect for  huh-Witney?" 

I think  he'll  post a few.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

So, I was thinking  .. do you think Chase will  post pictures on his IG when his baby is born? Or will he refrain  "out of respect for  huh-Witney?" 

Hopefully he turns off the comments so the Nit-Whits can't say horrible things about the baby. Because lets admit it, some of them would do that.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Colleenna said:

How could proud papa not post pix of his new baby? But yes to the turn off comments as Twit's brigade will be cruel.

• Love 4

Maybe he has another account that is private for actual friends and family that he will post on.  Honestly I don’t get people sharing pictures of their kids with strangers anyway.  Are Whitney and Ryan still doing their workout thing?

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Colleenna said:

It's win-win for Whitney. If he doesn't post, she can ignore it. If he does, she can congratulate him, encourage her followers to be kind, and come out looking like the better person.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Are Whitney and Ryan still doing their workout thing?

I guess it depends on what you mean by that. The program is definitely still going on. The FB page for members has 1900 people. On Ryan’s SM there have been comments and posts about it. But does WHITNEY still do it? That’s questionable at best. I know from comments on SM that Ryan often has ‘guest’ partners. Then of course there was the quarantine. At one point Ryan posted something about filming the workouts via Zoom or other similar thing. But he’s also responded to questions saying he hope Whitney will return soon (which I’m sure is a lie LOL). So yes - the program still exists. No clue if Whitney is involved anymore and if so, how much, although I’m sure she’s still demanding her cut financially. 

• Useful 5
8 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by that. The program is definitely still going on. The FB page for members has 1900 people. On Ryan’s SM there have been comments and posts about it. But does WHITNEY still do it? That’s questionable at best. I know from comments on SM that Ryan often has ‘guest’ partners. Then of course there was the quarantine. At one point Ryan posted something about filming the workouts via Zoom or other similar thing. But he’s also responded to questions saying he hope Whitney will return soon (which I’m sure is a lie LOL). So yes - the program still exists. No clue if Whitney is involved anymore and if so, how much, although I’m sure she’s still demanding her cut financially. 

I watched a couple of their workout videos from last year, and I thought they were not very well done at all.  Whitney kept quitting when she got too tired, and at some points I was worried she was going to have a heart attack. I've seen workout videos done for all shapes, sizes and ages of people that were excellent quality and these... were not those videos.  I told my husband that if I had paid for a membership and that was the level of quality I got, I would be demanding my money back.  Of course, those were free YouTube videos, maybe the ones you actually have to pay for are better quality?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

Of course, those were free YouTube videos, maybe the ones you actually have to pay for are better quality?

I think they're all pretty similar.  I remember awhile back someone on Reddit posted several of the workouts and they were all like the ones you saw.  It irritates me that she started every single video with her leaning into the camera so you got this huge shot of her cleavage with every workout.

• Love 2

I noticed on his instagram that Ryan is apparently hanging out in Nashville with his usual crew of bros -- minus Chase, at least in the pictures. I wonder if this is Ryan being careful not to appear to take his side against Whitney*, or if this is Ryan actually breaking ties with one of his closest friends because Ryan is angry at Chase. On the other hand, it could just be Chase was unable to make the trip, or maybe declined to go specifically because he didn't want to put Ryan's business arrangements with Whitney in any jeopardy.

*Judging by the way the Whitney fans are salivating over the bros and asking which ones are single, or are suggesting Ryan fix one of these guys up with Whitney, I expect Ryan is being careful about anything that touches on the Big Fake-Up. I mean the Big Break-Up.) 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

It irritates me that she started every single video with her leaning into the camera so you got this huge shot of her cleavage with every workout.

Yes!  That should be something that gets edited out before they upload the videos.  She also commented on one of her videos that four minutes got left out because the camera cut out and no one noticed (I think this has probably been mentioned on here before, sorry if it has).  Once again, I would be angry if I was paying for this and not getting the full deal because the camera cut out and they couldn't be bothered to re-film it.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

According to  this rag, she's not  contributing. 

https://soapdirt.com/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-thore-leaves-ryan-andrea-in-lurch/

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

I watched a couple of their workout videos from last year, and I thought they were not very well done at all.  Whitney kept quitting when she got too tired, and at some points I was worried she was going to have a heart attack. 

If you can't do a 20 minute exercise video without getting tired and quitting in the middle, you aren't "fat and fit" or indeed healthy in any way.

4 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I don't know how to quote things, but if you read this article there is a link to click on that mentions Whitney's "strange eating habits" - so I clicked on it.  The "strange habits" referred to are the fact that her dog supposedly eats salad!  Followed by speculation that Whitney herself is eating salad and working on a "revenge bod" 😂😂😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I noticed on his instagram that Ryan is apparently hanging out in Nashville with his usual crew of bros -- minus Chase, at least in the pictures. I wonder if this is Ryan being careful not to appear to take his side against Whitney*, or if this is Ryan actually breaking ties with one of his closest friends because Ryan is angry at Chase. On the other hand, it could just be Chase was unable to make the trip, or maybe declined to go specifically because he didn't want to put Ryan's business arrangements with Whitney in any jeopardy.

*Judging by the way the Whitney fans are salivating over the bros and asking which ones are single, or are suggesting Ryan fix one of these guys up with Whitney, I expect Ryan is being careful about anything that touches on the Big Fake-Up. I mean the Big Break-Up.) 

Well remember too that Chase lives in Wilmington while Ryan is in Charlotte. Plus Chase had a pregnant girlfriend who may have said no way to Chase taking the risk of going out with a group of people then coming hone to her. 
If there is another season Ryan has probably been instructed not to have Chase on his SM just as it appears Buddy had to remove his girlfriend. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Ketzel said:

If Chase's girlfriend is truly due in August, he wouldn't want to leave because she could go anytime. Plus. Nashville is seeing a surge in cases right now. Too many people who want to come & party & ignore the mask mandate. Not a good spot to come to if you have a pregnant girlfriend.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, princelina said:

If you can't do a 20 minute exercise video without getting tired and quitting in the middle, you aren't "fat and fit" or indeed healthy in any way.

I don't know how to quote things, but if you read this article there is a link to click on that mentions Whitney's "strange eating habits" - so I clicked on it.  The "strange habits" referred to are the fact that her dog supposedly eats salad!  Followed by speculation that Whitney herself is eating salad and working on a "revenge bod" 😂😂😂

That made me laugh. My dog eats literally anything. Salad included. She was eating cherry tomatoes just this morning.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, princelina said:

Why would they indicate that dogs eating salad is strange? Lots of dogs love salad, especially the crunchy middle parts of a head of lettuce. Many like cucumbers, too. 

As far as the other stuff, even if she were able to accomplish a "revenge body", she'd be wise to start working on a revenge personality. I don't know why women do this--sometimes the ex male half is like, "Yeah well, you're still a jerk and your 'revenge body' isn't changing my mind."

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

If Chase's girlfriend is truly due in August, he wouldn't want to leave because she could go anytime. Plus. Nashville is seeing a surge in cases right now. Too many people who want to come & party & ignore the mask mandate. Not a good spot to come to if you have a pregnant girlfriend.

Well, supposedly  she's  due late September.  But yes to  your  point  about  Nashville.  I noticed  in Ryan's  pictures  exactly  ONE mask and no social distancing. Plus, all these outbreaks  in NC, SC, FL are being  tied back to  parties and  bars. And  what's  that in the hands of most of the  bros??? Duh. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Why would they indicate that dogs eating salad is strange? Lots of dogs love salad, especially the crunchy middle parts of a head of lettuce. Many like cucumbers, too. 

I call foul on that not because a dog wouldn’t eat salad but because Whitney wouldn’t have that in her house for the dog to eat in the first place. Of course if I salad ever did get into her house she’d definitely feed it to the dog over eating it herself. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

That made me laugh. My dog eats literally anything. Salad included.

One of my dogs ate the corncobs after we had eaten corn on the cob - not because we gave them to her but because she found them in the trash. Yeah, whole other problem there.

Another dog lived to a grand 19 1/2 years and LOVED carrots. When we were preparing them for ourselves, the sound of the vegetable parer had him standing at our knees, looking up, and salivating because he thought it was a treat for him. We had a grape arbor in which we would have pre-dinner wine and cheese. Crazy little dog would pick grapes off the vine and eat them one by one. (Later the veterinarian told us that grapes were not good for dogs.)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

One of my dogs ate the corncobs after we had eaten corn on the cob - not because we gave them to her but because she found them in the trash. Yeah, whole other problem there.

Another dog lived to a grand 19 1/2 years and LOVED carrots. When we were preparing them for ourselves, the sound of the vegetable parer had him standing at our knees, looking up, and salivating because he thought it was a treat for him. We had a grape arbor in which we would have pre-dinner wine and cheese. Crazy little dog would pick grapes off the vine and eat them one by one. (Later the veterinarian told us that grapes were not good for dogs.)

Grapes can be poisonous for dogs but they do seem to like them. Corn on the cob is also an ok snack for them as long as you make sure they stop at the corn and don't actually eat the cob (as you discovered).

We have three dogs - two very picky eaters and one garbage disposal... But to bring this post back on topic, at least someone in Whitney's house is eating the salad. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Of course if I salad ever did get into her house she’d definitely feed it to the dog over eating it herself. 

My thought was that the  restaurant where she ordered her giganta-pasta accidentally  included a  salad in her order. And rather than  eat the  salad herself,  she fed it to the dog. Wonder if she drowned  it in ranch first? 

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

My thought was that the  restaurant where she ordered her giganta-pasta accidentally  included a  salad in her order. And rather than  eat the  salad herself,  she fed it to the dog. Wonder if she drowned  it in ranch first? 

My dog would eat it either way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/27/2020 at 9:09 PM, Irate Panda said:

Maybe he has another account that is private for actual friends and family that he will post on.  Honestly I don’t get people sharing pictures of their kids with strangers anyway.  Are Whitney and Ryan still doing their workout thing?

I just saw an article that says he’s dumping her and has replaced her with a woman that actually looks like she works out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Kid said:

I just saw an article that says he’s dumping her and has replaced her with a woman that actually looks like she works out.

I saw that too. It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to move on. I don't believe she has actively participated in the "daily" work out videos in a while. 

• Love 5