Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Oh man...darn!

We don't get to see Twit in her raggedy underwear trying on wedding dresses that barely fit.  

Wait a minute, we did see that a few sesaons ago.  

Ho hum. Still don't care sbout this phoney baloney. 

Edited by Tosia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Once again these ‘ask me anything’ sessions leave me scratching my head. She says she’s currently in quarantine with her mom and her animals. HUH?? First, we know she’s in Charlotte from her IG posts and photos. So why is here mom there with her? Where is her dad? Is she saying Babs is in Charlotte with Whitney but Glenn is at home in Greensboro alone during this time? Does that mean she thought that while she was in quarantine in her condo with multiple cats and her elderly mother who has had a stroke that it was a good idea to go out and adopt a reasonably large dog??? Does this mean Babs is currently Whitney’s ass wiper while her regular helper is staying at home because of COVID (and probably hoping for a very long shelter in place order). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

How far is Chase willing to take this? How much are they paying him🤔

She just continues to fail to think these stories through. So the current plot is that Chase is jealous of the relationship with Buddy and she’s struggling with it. So she asks Buddy to be her bridesperson? Whitney doesn’t keep track of the consistencies of the lies. If one thing is true then the other wouldn’t be. Over and over she doesn’t consider the current lies when creating the new ones. 

• Love 6

Oh - another thing I forgot to mention in my list of things that don’t makes sense (or support that this is all a lie) 

She says she’s in quarantine with her mom and animals. BUT NOT CHASE???? The nightclub where he works is shut down. She even said they are doing a bit of shooting so presumably they are both needed fo that. But she is not with her fiancé. Hmmmmm.....

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

She says she’s in quarantine with her mom and animals. BUT NOT CHASE????

the quarantine started only a few weeks ago.  Did she say this on her IG account or where?  I don't really care.  We all know the wedding ain't gonna happen, and we all know that Chase is just another loser in her line of beaus.  Marry Buddy and get it over with this fakeness once and for all.  She is one fabulously idiot person.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

the quarantine started only a few weeks ago.  Did she say this on her IG account or where?  I don't really care.  We all know the wedding ain't gonna happen, and we all know that Chase is just another loser in her line of beaus.  Marry Buddy and get it over with this fakeness once and for all.  She is one fabulously idiot person.

It’s part of her current IG story posted sometime within the last 24 hours (since it will go away after that time) She answered this question. I completely agree with this all being fake. I just find it funny that she’s so bad and maintaining the fake. She posts so much inconsistent stuff but expects us to believe everything. Of course in my really conspiratorial moments I think she’s probably already secretly married to Buddy and it’s all been for the money the whole time. 

5D878498-AE74-4B36-8869-5ED3D3CB8E43.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think she’s probably already secretly married to Buddy

I never thought about that!!  But, after seeing Buddy's latest IG photo and his comment about keeping homies close; he is pictured with Whitney laying on his belly and Buddy had Hengi on his lap.  I bet you are right.  They probably have been secretly married for a few years now!! It also looks like he's moved back into her Greensboro home too, if he ever moved out to begin with.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I just went to Todd's IG account, and he had only ONE photo of him and Whitney together, and it was a screen shot from the first season.  Other than that, he has other friends he hangs out including his family.  It's like, he's got an entirely different life going without the mere mention of Whitney.  I found that to be very telling.  I've always liked Todd, and now I like him even more.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Is it me? Or is this not s really large dog for an apartment?  Shouldn't a dog of this size be on a farm or at least have a backyard to play in?

It's not just you!  When I first saw that dog, and the size of him, I wondered how he was going to be comfortable living in a small apartment/condo/house...whatever.  And, they did not mention Chase's dog and her new dog getting together at all.  That's what a real couple would be concerned about, if the two dogs got along.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, texasbluebonnets said:

When I first saw that dog, and the size of him, I wondered how he was going to be comfortable living in a small apartment/condo/house...whatever. 

That's a standard poodle isn't it? A breed created for waterfowl hunting. They need exercise, training, and a job to do. They can live in a small home or apartment if they get daily exercise.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

That looks like the result of someone in production saying ‘shit we’d better put together a Knot website or people will know this is fake before we can have the fake wedding cancellation’.

I like that Casey is not showing his face

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

That's a standard poodle isn't it? A breed created for waterfowl hunting. They need exercise, training, and a job to do. They can live in a small home or apartment if they get daily exercise.

I had a similarly sized Labrador when I lived in a townhouse with just a small fenced yard. I walked her regularly but she was a pretty low energy dog (part of why we matched when the rescue paired us). Not all large dogs need huge spaces to run - it depends much more on their temperaments and personalities than size.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Nice to see he gussied up for the picture. Did they take it on league night at the bowling alley?

My takeaways so far: He's not using his real name on the site and they're getting married on Halloween ??

Why would he bother getting gussied up? You don’t even get to see his whole face. 

Yea I noticed the Halloween date. I suspect that since Halloween is on a Saturday this year it probably is a popular wedding date. If they do go through with a fake wedding, I’m sure it’s going to be a Halloween farce. (Not that all Halloween weddings would be that way but definitely Whitney’s would)

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Nice to see he gussied up for the picture. Did they take it on league night at the bowling alley?

My takeaways so far: He's not using his real name on the site and they're getting married on Halloween ??

I don’t have a problem with him using “Chase” on the website - it’s his nickname and a lot of people use their nicknames rather than proper names in sites like this.

I do think it’s weird that his head is cut off...

Edited by Elizzikra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Oh my god I’m obsessed with their wedding website. Every single link is ‘coming soon’ and the pic is taken from Instagram with his head cut off. I feel like they have to TRY to be this bad at this farce. Maybe it’s quarantine fever, but I’m so tickled! 

• LOL 12

12 hours ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Isn't Buddy currently sober?  😄😄 😄 

11 hours ago, texasbluebonnets said:

I never thought about that!!  But, after seeing Buddy's latest IG photo and his comment about keeping homies close; he is pictured with Whitney laying on his belly and Buddy had Hengi on his lap.  I bet you are right.  They probably have been secretly married for a few years now!! It also looks like he's moved back into her Greensboro home too, if he ever moved out to begin with.

Wasn't that the picture that she gave him as a "housewarming gift"?  IMO old Buddy is just earning his TLC check.

4 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

Here we go, the wedding is on for October 31, 2020

https://www.theknot.com/us/whitney-thore-and-chase-severino-oct-2020

If we have to watch "wedding planning" next season I will predict right now that she will be one of those tacky brides who want skulls and shit as wedding decor.

1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

Oh my god I’m obsessed with their wedding website. Every single link is ‘coming soon’ and the pic is taken from Instagram with his head cut off. I feel like they have to TRY to be this bad at this farce. Maybe it’s quarantine fever, but I’m so tickled! 

Am I the only one here who is 12 and giggling that it's in "Blowing Rock" North Carolina?  he he he

• Love 4

I always sort of thought they’d have a “wedding”, but pictured Buddy being unexpectedly pinched by producers when the minister gets to the “does anybody object” part of the ceremony.  Whitney waddles  runs over to profess her love to Buddy, while he stands there mumbling wondering who pinched him.  Chase reads some statement off the teleprompter about stepping aside to the open bar at the recption.  Ryan is off in the corner trying to get producer to commit to a spin-off, while the old barnacles circle around the newly formed codependent couple and the show fades to black as Whitney twerks and eats cake,which she still really hates.

https://www.theknotnews.com/whitney-way-thore-proposal-story-43230

More details about the romance of the century.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Well we know that ain't gonna happen.  Daily exercise?  Whitney doesn't even do that, or at least when it's all scripted.

On 3/23/2020 at 5:48 AM, 3girlsforus said:

8A439E22-9454-489A-9B78-3D497B50FB09.jpeg

ridiculous.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I always sort of thought they’d have a “wedding”, but pictured Buddy being unexpectedly pinched by producers when the minister gets to the “does anybody object” part of the ceremony.  Whitney waddles  runs over to profess her love to Buddy, while he stands there mumbling wondering who pinched him.  Chase reads some statement off the teleprompter about stepping aside to the open bar at the recption.  Ryan is off in the corner trying to get producer to commit to a spin-off, while the old barnacles circle around the newly formed codependent couple and the show fades to black as Whitney twerks and eats cake,which she still really hates.

https://www.theknotnews.com/whitney-way-thore-proposal-story-43230

More details about the romance of the century.

So funny...I can totally picture it!

Thank you,  Irate Panda.

Crazy stupid trashy TLC and Twit...a match made in a Ringling Brothers futuristic circus fantasy.

Edited by Tosia
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

To someone who understands the shooting schedule.  Will this October date be shown live on television or will it be shot and then shown later. I don’t get the timing of this since it HAS to be shown on television. 

2 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

To someone who understands the shooting schedule.  Will this October date be shown live on television or will it be shot and then shown later. I don’t get the timing of this since it HAS to be shown on television. 

I don’t really know about the shooting schedule but the NOBS cruises were usually in the beginning of November, but I think the next one isn’t until January, so maybe they will be filming whatever nonsense this is for a wedding special.  Even if this were real, I’m pretty sure they’d want it filmed so TLC would pay for it and so Whitney can be the center of attention on a grander scale.  I also find it hard to believe this is all going to happen in 6 months.  Sadly, I think they’d have to be married at least 5-10 years or have/adopt a child together before I thought any of this were real.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Or at least they both need to live in the same city.

Or when the situation means it would be easy for them to be in the same city and spend time together - they do. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I had a similarly sized Labrador when I lived in a townhouse with just a small fenced yard. I walked her regularly but she was a pretty low energy dog (part of why we matched when the rescue paired us). Not all large dogs need huge spaces to run - it depends much more on their temperaments and personalities than size.

From what I understand standard poodles are high energy dogs but even still. did you have multiple cats and a supposed fiancé who has two dogs as well? If this whole wedding thing was true, she bought a dog for a small apartment that already has multiple cats and soon will have 2 other dogs - if she plans to actually live with her supposed soon to be husband. After all she’s never mentioned moving to Wilmington so we should assume Chase is moving in with her even if that’s stupid. 

This is why even snarking on Whitney has lost it’s appeal. Everything is so beyond fake it’s not even worth snarking that she’s doing something stupid because it’s likely she isn’t really do it. Although with or without the fiance storyline it’s dumb for Mistress Couch Potato to get a dog that requires as much attention as a standard poodle does. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

From what I understand standard poodles are high energy dogs but even still. did you have multiple cats and a supposed fiancé who has two dogs as well? If this whole wedding thing was true, she bought a dog for a small apartment that already has multiple cats and soon will have 2 other dogs - if she plans to actually live with her supposed soon to be husband. After all she’s never mentioned moving to Wilmington so we should assume Chase is moving in with her even if that’s stupid. 

This is why even snarking on Whitney has lost it’s appeal. Everything is so beyond fake it’s not even worth snarking that she’s doing something stupid because it’s likely she isn’t really do it. Although with or without the fiance storyline it’s dumb for Mistress Couch Potato to get a dog that requires as much attention as a standard poodle does. 

She doesn't have the small apartment - she moved to the larger townhouse. There's more than enough space there for a dog and a couple of cats. I don't know how long her lease is - she's renting - so she may not be planning to live there with Chase and his dogs. Even if she did, I still think there's room.

But to answer your question - no. I had just the one dog in the townhouse with me. I had a second dog for a couple months as well, but then I got engaged and moved in with my fiancee (gaining two more dogs, a cat and a kid in the process). 

There are plenty of good reasons to snark on Whitney but if she was going to get a dog, I'm glad she got a dog from a shelter or rescue and not a breeder. 

• Love 2
On 3/22/2020 at 9:08 PM, 3girlsforus said:

So Whitney is saying she was supposed to shoot Say Yes to the Dress next week but can’t because of COVID. 

Seriously they wanted HER? As if she needs any more attention. Last thing we need to see is her sweating up a bunch of dresses so much they require dry cleaning (not to mention the crying and braying that would inevitably occur). 

I realize it has been postponed, but how is she even getting these gigs when she's so despised? Is it because she's despised? You'd think if they'd actually seen an episode of her show they'd be like, OMG NO. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

You'd think if they'd actually seen an episode of her show they'd be like, OMG NO. 

Believe it or not, she's got just as many "fans" as she does us "haters".  If you read any of her "fans" comments on her IG account, it's enough to make you hurl!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Seriously they wanted HER? As if she needs any more attention. Last thing we need to see is her sweating up a bunch of dresses so much they require dry cleaning (not to mention the crying and braying that would inevitably occur). 

I realize it has been postponed, but how is she even getting these gigs when she's so despised? Is it because she's despised? You'd think if they'd actually seen an episode of her show they'd be like, OMG NO. 

Whitney and Say Yes to the Dress are on the same network so it’s likely that it was arraigned by the crossover powers. Say Yes has hosted many people from other TLC shows for weddings, renewals, and other invented events requiring a quick trip to Kleinfeld and a see-through number from Pnina Tornai. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Seriously they wanted HER?

They've been promoting "The Road to the Ring" during SYTTD all season - I figured it was only a matter of time!  The silver lining is that as the bride the attention will be on her, which means she shouldn't need to drape herself across their sofas in her underwear for attention 😄 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Are you f-ing kidding me? The photo on the home page of their site has half of the groom's head cut off? Who, in real life, would ever do that?

How ironic, they are supposedly getting married on Halloween?  How appropriate for such a scary couple as they are.  I love Chase's head cut in half!!!

and they are having a registry?  what happens when the groom to be bails?  will they be returning all the gifts?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

see-through number from Pnina Tornai. 

Nothing can convince me that Pnina Tornai isn't stored in a cage in the basement of Kleinfeld when she hasn't been summoned to make a half-assed sketch of a tacky wedding dress for the show.

Edited by John M
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

The Knot:

"Exclusive Photos: My Big Fat Fabulous Life’s Whitney Way Thore Reveals Her Proposal Story"

"Thore, 35, and Severino have been dating since April 2019 after meeting on New Year’s Eve 2018. Thore candidly admits she never would have imagined that they’d be engaged within the year.

“Upon our first meeting, I never would’ve guessed we’d be engaged six months later, but hey … when you know, you know!” she says"

"The couple’s entire relationship thus far—from first crush to dating to engagement—has been documented on My Big Fat Fabulous Life, which makes her engagement that much more special to ardent fans of the series."

"who also happens to be her business partner at NoBS Active."

"Presently, Thore and Severino are opting to live apart, though they do spend long weekends and vacations together. What’s most important, Thore tells us, is always making sure that both parties within a relationship “give each other space and remember that you can do things independently even while being in the same room.”

"But when they are, they’re hoping to use The Knot app to help them plan their big day."

"I can say is that we found the venue,” she says."

"My Big Fat Fabulous Life will air its season six finale on Tuesday, March 24, at 8 p.m. EST on TLC."

I'm still somehow shocked at how there is no basement to the lack of shame she has to try and keep this grift going.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, John M said:

What’s most important, Thore tells us, is always making sure that both parties within a relationship “give each other space and remember that you can do things independently even while being in the same room.”

They won't make it to the alter.  It won't last.  It's ALL fake.  I thought they first met at her condo when Chase came over to spend time with Ryan, and now, they met at a New Years party?  that alone proves its fake.  When you lie, it always catches up with you, and she's now caught in a big fat fabulous lie...

• Love 6