Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Uuuugghh said:

So I’m reading through the comments on whit’s ad for tonight on Instagram which asked for fan fave moments to date. So, so many comments on how “inspirational” her fitness challenge participation was. I’m confused. What was inspirational about her participation in that so called competition? Showing up and being able to do 1/100th while Jessica did the rest?

The rest were mostly about her and Chase and how they are so clearly in love. When Whit reads and responds to these is she sad since I’m sure it’s all for the show only. Or is she thinking “damn I’m a good actor!”?

My favorite moment is

my-big-fat-fabulous-life-1.jpg

Because you know God forbid she let people have a shot at winning.  Nope, can’t be on the sidelines for even one day.  Wonder how many BGDC dancers did they hire for this?  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

My favorite moment is

my-big-fat-fabulous-life-1.jpg

Because you know God forbid she let people have a shot at winning.  Nope, can’t be on the sidelines for even one day.  Wonder how many BGDC dancers did they hire for this?  

Whitney on the scooter in front of the sign that says "building confidence one step at a time" is life.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

One of my all time favorites (to keep me on the elliptical for at least an hour) is Winnie the Pooh on the beach.

Whitney on the scooter in front of the sign that says "building confidence one step at a time" is life.

There's nothing like a grumpy leprechaun to get one in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

One of my all time favorites (to keep me on the elliptical for at least an hour) is Winnie the Pooh on the beach.

There's nothing like a grumpy leprechaun to get one in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day!

image.png.ffbbc70b64a8e3230b0b2ed047d51cea.jpg.d533304a744cc8660576f2a08cc37fd4.jpgu

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

We all realize Chase was written in to the script as Twit’s boyfriend and that he’s not actually her boyfriend.

However, if she wants to say that’s not true and he’s her “real boyfriend” I have something for Twit to think about.  If she didn’t have her own show, does she really think Chase would pursue a 350lb woman?? Whether you watch the show or not, people have probably heard of the show due to advertisement on TLC and other networks. So when he has to tell people about her, he most likely says, I’m dating that girl from MBFFL.

What would Chase say if she didn’t have her own show.  I’m dating this 350 pound girl that 35 and lives at home with her parents and has no job! Because that’s exactly what her life would be if she didn’t have her own show and any income derived from that!  

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

So when he has to tell people about her, he most likely says, I’m dating that girl from MBFFL.

You mean, he has to tell people he"s getting married to that girl from MBFFL, right? 🙂 Of course, if that website that claims her net worth is over a million dollars is correct (and let's just say I'm extremely skeptical of the accuracy of that site) he can also heavily imply that that he's marrying her for her money.  What a catch!

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

You mean, he has to tell people he"s getting married to that girl from MBFFL, right? 🙂 Of course, if that website that claims her net worth is over a million dollars is correct (and let's just say I'm extremely skeptical of the accuracy of that site) he can also heavily imply that that he's marrying her for her money.  What a catch!

I think its very possible that she has earned over a million dollars during the 7 seasons on the show plus endorsements and speaking engagements and now the exercise videos.  However I think she probably spends most, if not all, of it.   Between social media and the show we've seen her redo her garage, move to Charlotte and rent both an apartment and a townhouse, and go on multiple non TLC sponsored trips.  She has admitted to giving Avi money.  I would bet she also gives Buddy money and she may be giving Chase money now too.  That plus food, clothing, health insurance, vet visits can add up pretty quickly and its not like she earned all that money at once, so if it wasn't budgeted and saved its probably long gone.

• Love 9

Watching Ryan and Chase, the way they just kind of smirk at each other and barge around like they own the joint looked like a couple guys who just found the big fat goose who lays golden eggs.

Ryan has her wrapped around his finger now with his BFF Chase engaged to her... He paid no attention to her wishes to have an outing with her friends and just rolled in, took over and Whitney didn't do shit because she's so infatuated with her *cough* fiance.

I can't wait until they've gotten everything they can out of her and kick her to the curb.... It will be glorious!!!!  😂

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Meowy said:

I think its very possible that she has earned over a million dollars during the 7 seasons on the show plus endorsements and speaking engagements and now the exercise videos.  However I think she probably spends most, if not all, of it.   Between social media and the show we've seen her redo her garage, move to Charlotte and rent both an apartment and a townhouse, and go on multiple non TLC sponsored trips.  She has admitted to giving Avi money.  I would bet she also gives Buddy money and she may be giving Chase money now too.  That plus food, clothing, health insurance, vet visits can add up pretty quickly and its not like she earned all that money at once, so if it wasn't budgeted and saved its probably long gone.

Not to mention buying food!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I think its very possible that she has earned over a million dollars during the 7 seasons on the show plus endorsements and speaking engagements and now the exercise videos.  However I think she probably spends most, if not all, of it.  

What are we talking about though? I thought the article talked about her net worth, which is a point in time measure - what is her financial worth now. If she made $5 million and spent it all on things that haven't retained their value, her net worth is zero. If she made $5 million and socked it away in a bank account or bought property that is worth what she paid for it, her net worth is $5 million.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

What are we talking about though? I thought the article talked about her net worth, which is a point in time measure - what is her financial worth now. If she made $5 million and spent it all on things that haven't retained their value, her net worth is zero. If she made $5 million and socked it away in a bank account or bought property that is worth what she paid for it, her net worth is $5 million.

Oh, she's  probably  worth  7 figures.... it's just  that two of them are AFTER the decimal point.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Ryan has just put up an instagram story advertising NoBSactive. It's a cute little video clip with him using Darla as a barbell, and two other women doing exercises alongside him as he invites all friends, mothers, sisters to come and exercise just 24 minutes a day! What's missing? Whitney.The number of members in the group is up to 572, and I think Ryan is silently promising himself he is NOT going to let Whitney wreck this nice little business he's done so much of the work on.

image.thumb.png.7548af17e0f8e77a032bd30e6b328ef8.png

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4

Oh please, no. Of all the obnoxious story lines this show has pursued, they pick THE worst one to revisit? I really cannot take another season revolving around Whitney's dysfunctional ovaries.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Oh please, no. Of all the obnoxious story lines this show has pursued, they pick THE worst one to revisit? I really cannot take another season revolving around Whitney's dysfunctional ovaries.

There aren’t enough likes in the world to express how much I agree with this comment. Dear Lord - PLEASE do not do another ‘Whitney would be a fantastic mom if it weren’t for PCOS’ storyline. I don’t even watch this crap anymore but just knowing they were doing it would be more than I could bear. UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

There aren’t enough likes in the world to express how much I agree with this comment. Dear Lord - PLEASE do not do another ‘Whitney would be a fantastic mom if it weren’t for PCOS’ storyline. I don’t even watch this crap anymore but just knowing they were doing it would be more than I could bear. UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH. 

Hear our prayer,  oh Lord. Please spare us  from the debacle that a Whitney Thore  pregnancy  and birth  would be.  And please  spare us from ever hearing,  again, about her ovaries/PCOS. 

From these and all other disasters  protect us, Heavenly Father. Let all the people  say "AMEN!"

• Love 10
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Amen!  I am so tired of hearing this as an excuse as to why she gained so much weight too!  Own up to it!  Girlfriend likes to eat!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Is this an odd angle or was a filter only used in half the pic?  He looks bigger than she does 

I think she tinkered with it... 

We know that Whitney has a HUGE face so for his face to be that much bigger than hers he'd have to be Mr PotatoHead 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think she tinkered with it... 

We know that Whitney has a HUGE face so for his face to be that much bigger than hers he'd have to be Mr PotatoHead 

Well, she's  positioned herself  so that half of her face is hidden  behind his head, and the camera is  closer to  him, so he appears larger. Kinda like the  way  she always drapes her hair to hide her triple chins, and tilts her head a certain way to make her face  look smaller.  And if she's  photographed in a  group,  she usually  positions her  body so that  much of it is  hidden.  

• Love 5
On 1/31/2020 at 7:15 PM, Ketzel said:

Ryan has just put up an instagram story advertising NoBSactive. It's a cute little video clip with him using Darla as a barbell, and two other women doing exercises alongside him as he invites all friends, mothers, sisters to come and exercise just 24 minutes a day! What's missing? Whitney.The number of members in the group is up to 572, and I think Ryan is silently promising himself he is NOT going to let Whitney wreck this nice little business he's done so much of the work on.

image.thumb.png.7548af17e0f8e77a032bd30e6b328ef8.png

That is his mother and sister, right? Oh and Darla, I love her 😍 She seems like such a sweet dog.

• Useful 1

Well I would NOT be interested but if you’re out of shape like 400-500 and don’t want to go to the gym I could see maybe you’d be interested but I honestly think a lot of the members probably just get it to feel like they are interacting with Whitney and Ryan.

Edited by Irate Panda
Lol I wouldn’t be interested
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

Well I would be interested but if you’re out of shape like 400-500 and don’t want to go to the gym I could see maybe you’d be interested but I honestly think a lot of the members probably just get it to feel like they are interacting with Whitney and Ryan.

They're supposed to modify their exercises for the very fat. There's no way I could have gotten down on my back & thrown one leg over the other when I weighed 380+ #s. (Nor could Twit, I would bet, when she was around 400 #s.) So I don't they're actually following thru with their promise that all their exercises are possible at any weight.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Dot said:

They're supposed to modify their exercises for the very fat. There's no way I could have gotten down on my back & thrown one leg over the other when I weighed 380+ #s. (Nor could Twit, I would bet, when she was around 400 #s.) So I don't they're actually following thru with their promise that all their exercises are possible at any weight.

I meant to say I wouldn’t be interested but I think the people subscribed primarily just feel like it’s a private party with Whitney which is one a reason I think Ryan is so determined to make a splash on the show because he probably knows Whitney’s  effort was and will be minimal, so people would sign up for him too.  I mean honestly if the fans are slobbering over Buddy, Ryan is at least somewhat physically attractive. The people that are actually doing these exercises are probably doing minimal movement which I guess is better than none.  I doubt they are doing it for 24 mins straight though.

• Love 4

ITA about Twit & Ryan, @Irate Panda, and should have mentioned that. I watched a few minutes of the sample nobsactive session & was struck with how impossible at least one exercise would be for super obese ppl.  So that's what I was writing about.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Is Ryan a personal trainer or something else more medical, sports trainer?

What type of training, education does he have?

He has a degree in kinesiology and Exercise Science.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 3
17 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

He has a degree in kinesiology and Exercise Science.

That's  acceptable  as a substitute for  certification,  and actually  better than the "certificate  mill" certification.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Ketzel said:

A-a-a-nd the Facebook group for NoBSDance is down to 44. You go, girl!!

Well, in all fairness, it was 45 until Henchi saw the latest video and commented “Same moves” and hit unsubscribe. 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Wow that was all of 3 or 4 seconds of "dancing". I am so impressed sign them up for Dancing with the Stars!

OMG!  I would LOVE it if Twit got on dancing with the stars!  I would watch the HELL out of the one or two episodes she made it through.  Can you just see her being taken through those rigorous paces by one of those poor dance pros?  Can you hear the whining, braying and crying that her feet hurt?  I’m not going to even allow myself to think about what kind of feathery, mesh-paneled outfit they might put her in.  That depresses me a little, because that would be rude and unkind to laugh at but she would be strutting around out there, thinking she rocked it.  

If you could only be a fly on the wall to listen in on the conversations of the male pros to see who had to take her as a partner.  Would they draw straws?  Would they take up a collection for the loser (person who drew the short straw)?   Who is Twit’s manager?  How do we put a bug in their ear to try to get her on the show?  Should we start a petition?  Would that be too evil?  😈

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

It wouldn't surprise me if Twit's fans have tried to start a movement to get her on DWTS. So many of them have suggested that for years.

What they don't realize is that Twit would never accept an invite, if offered. Even she is not so delusional as to think she is a REAL dancer who could do REAL dance steps for a REAListic period of time.

• Love 4

True, Dot. What they also don't realize is that even if Twit had a higher celebrity status than her current Z-list standing, which puts her way behind the many D-listers who want to do the show, she would still never be considered, because her insurance costs to the show would be way out of line.

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Well, they accepted Tara Jolie as a contestant, from the reality show Little Women LA - not any more or less popular than MBFFL.  And Tara had just had a baby two weeks prior to the start of filming.  She ended up getting a double hernia but stayed on the show for quite a few weeks.  That being said though, Tara is much more athletic and in better shape than Twit.  I just remember Twit doing that ballroom dancing competition a few seasons ago and magically placing in the top whatever.  I guess it was just a hope that Twit would either put up or shut up, and the antics that would ensue if she decided to “put up” would have been hilarious!

• Love 3