Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Dot said:

This is what Twit looked like in Jan 2015. She has lost wgt, no matter how many times she claims she is not trying to.

It was obviously possible for her to carry thru with the show's initial premise: a fat woman works at losing wgt while not letting that excess wgt prevent her from enjoying life's pleasures. She could have been a real role model, not a person who espouses dangerous ideas to gullible fans.

Yes, she's  lost a good bit. If she weighs 338 now --- what she weighed at the weightlifting  competition  --- she was  EASILY 425 in this picture, despite  her claims of  never having  weighed  over 380.

• Love 8

I'm glad that she's lost weight. As much as I snark all over everything she does, her health is a lot more important than this show and she was pushing her body to the point where it wasn't going to hold up for much longer. Dropping 100 pounds for her is a good start and I hope that she's able to keep up whatever she's doing that seems to be helping her. She'll feel better and her overall health will be better as as a result.

The question is if she will keep it up long term. When your body is primed to put on weight quickly and easily, letting up will cause rapid weight regain. So she needs to keep going with this program for the rest of her life. Staying active and eating less will only benefit her. But will it help her social media sycophants who kept buying the "fat and fabulous" myth that she was peddling for so long?

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 5

She’s definitely lost weight. And you know what didn’t happen? She didn’t die from bulimia/anorexia. She didn’t spiral out of control and become Kate Moss. She’s lost probably around 100 lbs which is the same amount she claims was the worst thing in the world back whenever she decided that obesity was awesome. 

Too bad she won’t celebrate her weight loss. I get that she’s celebrating getting more mobile and strong but that is BECAUSE of the weight loss, not from throwing weights around.

• Love 8

The thing is, haven't we have seen what she looked like at the time the taping for this season ended, from the pictures and video she posted from the cruise? It sure didn't look as if she'd lost a lot of weight during taping in those pictures from November. 

image.png.9e6b3b2ca38761de5f7a6522ea370225.png

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

So the NoBSDance FB page is down to 36 members while NoBSActive is up to 402 members.  So Ryan is making Active work and Whitney couldn’t get the dance crap off the ground. I wonder if she will admit it’s over. 

No surprise there - judging by that clip, Big Whit can can't even get herself off the ground.

If one assumes all 36 are fully paid-up members, her "class" is pulling in a whopping $720 a month, and if half of it is going to Todd, she's grossing  $12/day out of this silly venture.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Twit did a live-feed last night with Chase. Ostensibly to answer Qs from fans, she spent much time smelling Chase's beard, wiggling all over him & braying. OMG - the constant, loud braying. My ears hurt from it; I don't know how he could be in the same room with her, much less with her big, wide mouth so close to his ears.

Twit sez they haven't chosen a wedding date yet, maybe summer. She for sure wants it televised -- honeymoon, too -- since TLC would pick up the tab.

I don't know what to make of this. It was actually quite believable that they are a REAL couple. But I still can't believe it. I dunno. Time will tell, of course. But I know this: Twit better get him married to her pretty soon before he tires of her antics. They had only dated 7 months before he asked her to marry him.

There was other stuff about their relationship. If you have a Q, let me know & I'll give you an answer if there is one.

BTW, Twit's forehead is HUGE. Her hairline is receding at an alarming rate.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Thanks for taking one for the team, Dot. Is she doing these livestreams on Facebook? Did Chase get to say anything? Or anything that wasn't openly adoring of his pulchritudinous fiance?  So far, the only thing he's posted on his instagram was another ad for the premiere in which he compared their "love story" to Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp and Shrek. Whitney promptly responded by criticizing him for "always being so cheesy."  So I'm guessing he's being trained to shut up when Whitney is talking, unless it's to echo what she said.

I have to add, he's lucky she just went for the beard. Who could forget the look on Lennie's face when she attempted to smell his armpits.

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Twit did a live-feed last night with Chase. Ostensibly to answer Qs from fans, she spent much time smelling Chase's beard, wiggling all over him & braying. OMG - the constant, loud braying. My ears hurt from it; I don't know how he could be in the same room with her, much less with her big, wide mouth so close to his ears.

Twit sez they haven't chosen a wedding date yet, maybe summer. She for sure wants it televised -- honeymoon, too -- since TLC would pick up the tab.

I don't know what to make of this. It was actually quite believable that they are a REAL couple. But I still can't believe it. I dunno. Time will tell, of course. But I know this: Twit better get him married to her pretty soon before he tires of her antics. They had only dated 7 months before he asked her to marry him.

There was other stuff about their relationship. If you have a Q, let me know & I'll give you an answer if there is one.

BTW, Twit's forehead is HUGE. Her hairline is receding at an alarming rate.

If they're going to get  married in the  summer of  2020, she best be hustling.  It takes  at least  6 months to get a  wedding dress  made, and you KNOW nothing  off the  rack  would  fit her. 

Of course,  TLC also has SYTTD, so I'm sure  Pnina can make  something  suitably slutty for Twit in just a few weeks.  Maybe  something that  looks like see-through  yoga  pants and a  teeny little  bra. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

@Ketzel, Chase did talk but, of course, Twit interrupted him. And she called his comments "cheesy" several times, so I guess this is a standard for her.

The live-feed was an IG story & I noticed it was still available earlier this morn. I haven't reinstalled FB yet, so I don't know what either one of them posts there.

A fan asked Twit which scent she preferred: cat breath or beard. She chose cat breath.

Chase was most animated when the two were sharing how they got together. They met at a 2018 NYE party where Twit spotted Chase & was annoyed that Ryan kept introducing nubile young women to Chase but not her. There were a few casual meetings in passing over the next couple of months -- not dates. Then Chase exercised with her & Ryan and they began seeing each other socially. This was around March 2019 IIRC.

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Dot,

Thanks for not only watching, reporting back and answering questions. I have two.

In what way were they believable as a couple?

Did anyone ask which holidays they have spent together since becoming engaged?

I'm not sure I can explain why they seemed a couple. Frankly, the way Twit was crawling all over him as she has done with Buddy, Cam, Jacob, Tal, etc., was not that different. I guess I would say it's the way he seemed to be accepting of her.

Lots about the holidays & blaming it on Chase's new job which seems to be a sore point with Twit. (BTW, Chase still works as a bookkeeper for a construction co., too.) They didn't spend any of the holidays together. But at some point since the engagement, both families have met. No details except that supposedly Chase's father is "a silver fox" & Babs and Glenn love Chase. (Of course they do -- he's  a gainfully employed male to take her off their hands.)

A part of the problem with Chase's new job is that it ties him down to Wilmington & Twit apparently thought he would be moving in with her in Charlotte. He quietly pointed out that she really has no reason to stay in Charlotte & could move to Wilmington. She gave him the stink eye on that.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Thanks Dot!

Even if they are really a couple it remains to be seen how long he can stand her obnoxious behavior.

ITA. And I can't believe it would last long if they are wed.

Chase seems as passive as Lennie was. He has never dated "a plus-size woman"  as Twit said. I wonder how long it will be before he gets to wondering what she'll weigh in 5 or 10 years.

A fan asked if they would be adopting children. Chase was totally startled; it's obviously never occurred to him that he might not be a natural father. Twit quickly stepped in, said she has recently been having her periods & changed the subject, with Chase mumbling, "TMI."

• Love 5

From a pamphlet put out by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists:

"A woman's peak reproductive years are between the late teens and late 20s. By age 30 years, fertility (the ability to get pregnant) starts to decline. This decline becomes more rapid once you reach your mid 30s. By age 45 years, fertility has declined so much that getting pregnant naturally is unlikely for most women."

And this is for women who are not dealing with morbid obesity, insulin resistance or PCOS.

So if Chase really wants to have a baby with his wife in the all-natural way, he may want to re-think this betrothal. Why am I not surprised that Whitney and he didn't have this discussion before he popped the question?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Eh, I worked with a girl in her 30s who in all honesty would make Whit look svelte. I wish I was kidding. Anyway, she got pregnant twice eu natural. It can happen. I’m sure her health wasn’t great either. 

Edited by Uuuugghh
Spelling
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Dot said:

A part of the problem with Chase's new job is that it ties him down to Wilmington & Twit apparently thought he would be moving in with her in Charlotte. He quietly pointed out that she really has no reason to stay in Charlotte & could move to Wilmington. She gave him the stink eye on that.

Baaahaaahaaaa!!!! I love it. Hearing this I actually hope they are a couple so that Whit will have someone in her life that tells her the truth. 

Edited to add: the fact that Chase has pointed out there is no reason for her to be in Charlotte actually confirms that she’s doing very little, if anything, with nobsactive anymore. It’s all Ryan. If Ryan needed her for the business (which now has over 400 subscribers) Chase would know that and know she needs to be in Charlotte for that. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Dot said:

I'm not sure I can explain why they seemed a couple. Frankly, the way Twit was crawling all over him as she has done with Buddy, Cam, Jacob, Tal, etc., was not that different. I guess I would say it's the way he seemed to be accepting of her.

Lots about the holidays & blaming it on Chase's new job which seems to be a sore point with Twit. (BTW, Chase still works as a bookkeeper for a construction co., too.) They didn't spend any of the holidays together. But at some point since the engagement, both families have met. No details except that supposedly Chase's father is "a silver fox" & Babs and Glenn love Chase. (Of course they do -- he's  a gainfully employed male to take her off their hands.)

I agree Chase except when he appears to be drinking seems passive. I do question these videos coming out after the reddit postings but I’d actually like to see if these two got married, what Wife Whitney would be like.

8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

They want to know if Chase and Whitney are your favorite love story?  I thought it was Whitney and Buddy, Whitney and twerking,or Whitney and cake.

Whitney and the Starbucks with all that cream.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Dot said:

I don't know what to make of this. It was actually quite believable that they are a REAL couple. But I still can't believe it. I dunno.

I totally agree... I watched the IG live and I kept waiting for something awkward or fake but they really seemed like a legit couple who are quite comfy with each other... Things like her leaning her head back and kissing, cuddling etc.. He was just as affectionate and didn't seem like a guy who was acting or faking it.....I'm shocked to admit that it all looked very real to me but time will tell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Dot said:

“Braying”: She’s an obnoxious ass, that’s for sure. A great big fat annoying donkey. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I totally agree... I watched the IG live and I kept waiting for something awkward or fake but they really seemed like a legit couple who are quite comfy with each other... Things like her leaning her head back and kissing, cuddling etc.. He was just as affectionate and didn't seem like a guy who was acting or faking it.....I'm shocked to admit that it all looked very real to me but time will tell.

As much as Whitney gets on my nerves with some of her behavior, I do wish her happiness in love. If nothing else Chase whether storyline or real is a step up from Buddy.  I get he was the only straight guy on the show besides Glenn, but having Whitney and Heather pine over this slob was infuriating.  

On a human level, I do hope a Whitney finds someone whether it’s Chase or somebody else because her parents are not getting any younger and I do think they enable her, which will make it even more devastating whenever she loses them.  

I do wonder what Chase’s family thinks
of Whitney.  I think she can act appropriately when she wants to and would guess she writes off a lot of behavior to the show and what do we really know about Chase, he could be on level with Whitney.  The real thing I question about them is the timing of it.   It’s just seems rushed, but looks wise I don’t think he’s that much more attractive than she is when she’s made up. Money wise I’m guessing she’s doing better than he is.  They both seem to like the Klerb.  So far he seems like a nice guy and he really didn’t post much social media wise even before Whitney.

The things that make me question the relationship is it seems very rushed:meet, fall in love, get engaged in 7-8 months?  It coincides with the start of her show. Chase seems like a social person but barring Ryan, I never see Whitney in these group outings he goes to unless she’s the one always taking the pictures.  I see him with her friends a lot but not vice versa.  Also the 8 years between them are prime life decision years although Whitney is less mature than her age so maybe it evens out.  Either way, if it’s real, good for her.  If it’s fake for the show I guess good for us, so we can snark.  The only scenario that would make me sad is if she thought it were real or more substantive than it really is, but I would guess she would know what is a storyline and what’s not on her own show.

Whitney’s bar for men is pretty low, so I don’t think Chase’s job, alleged scrapes with the law or any family shenanigans (if there were any in his) would matter because I think Whitney’s mentality is in middle school and Chase is fairly conventionally attractive man and I think that trumps everything with Whitney.

• Love 6

If this relationship is real (and that's a very big IF), I'm curious how Whitney is going to play her recent weight loss and improved activity abilities. At her heaviest, Whitney's relationships were either with the worst kind of losers or figments of her imagination. The idea that she only is able to find a fairly stable relationship (again, with the caveat if it  is real or not) is after she loses around a hundred pounds is going to really contradict with her whole message of being able to live your best life while being morbidly obese. Her brand is completely built on her weight and showing that she's making an effort to lose weight (and showing the benefits to both her health and personal life) flies in the face of that.

I admit to having some minor curiosity to see how this all plays out, but it's more akin to sitting through a bad movie and thinking "Well, I've come this far... might as well see how it ends" than any genuine interest.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, auntjess said:

Whitney and the Starbucks with all that cream.

That’s good too! 😂

I thought it was Whitney in a parking lot secretly gorging on that TUB of Ice Cream! I heard it was love at first bite! 

I know no one forgot this one but just in case....

B0087135-8A4B-46D3-AB40-0E0078ED40CD.jpeg

• Love 6

I agree with @Irate Panda that I wish Whitney happiness in love. If this with Chase is real then good for her. What worries me if this is real is the influence the show is going to have on their choices. So they are dating. It is good for the show for them to get engaged - so they do. They are engaged but not even living in the same city, which seems to be a sticking point based on Chase’s comment that she doesn’t need to live Charlotte so she could move to Wilmington if she wanted to. But it will be good for the show for them to have the wedding. So, assuming this is real, they will. The more decisions they make based on the show timeline, the worse it will be down the road even if they are in love and want to get married. These are massive and major decisions that need to have as few outside influences as possible. Allowing the show to dictate the timeline may not seem to matter to them now, but it will someday. 

Plus as someone mentioned earlier, Chase is a lot of years younger than Whitney during the time of his life where it matters. Late 20s and 35 are two VERY different times in your life. If they were both established in their life and jobs etc I wouldn’t think much of it but Chase is still doing the young, single guy thing because he is one. And Whitney has no direction at all. 

If they indeed are a real couple and go through with this marriage, I really hope it works for them. 

• Love 6

Well, I have to disagree: I don't think Twit should marry anyone until she changes her ways thru massive therapy. Marriage is a partnership. Twit, as she is now, will never be a partner in a relationship. Frankly, I feel sorry for Chase, hope he sees the error of his ways & can extricate himself from the current situation.

BTW,  a couple of times he said, "I'm 29, almost 30." Twit will be 36 in April. So the age dif is more like 6 yrs, rather than 7 or 8.

• Love 4

Addendum to the age thing:

One of Heather's fans said she thought Heather & Ryan made a cute couple. Heather quashed that idea quickly by saying, "I'm WAY too old for him."

Their differing ages are pretty much identical to Chase's & Whitney's.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Dot said:

One of Heather's fans said she thought Heather & Ryan made a cute couple. Heather quashed that idea quickly by saying, "I'm WAY too old for him."

Probably because Ryan says he dates 22-27 year olds.  

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Dot said:

True but it seems like an even larger gap because Heather has children.  A 27 year old guy (or however old Ryan is - he’s upper 20s right?) would seem very young to a woman in her mid 30s with elementary age children.

1 hour ago, Dot said:

A fan asked, "Do you smoke?"

Chase said "no." Twit looked kinda funny & said, "I smoke Juuls."

Is that vape? I wonder if she’s really quit cigarettes and if not, would Chase know? They don’t live in the same city so I could see her vaping in front of him if he’s opposed to smoking. 

If she’s actually quit smoking that’s great but vaping isn’t any better. Her lungs have to be in serious trouble between the smoking/vaping and dealing with all the extra weight. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Dot said:

Or did she? I would not be surprised if she were still smoking cigs.

I remember  commenting  Thanksgiving  of 2018, when  she posted the video of the  drunken  debauchery,  that she was holding a vape "cigarette " (I don't know what else to  call it). I recognized it and thought it was a  Juul but wasn't sure.  

15 hours ago, Dot said:

Well, I have to disagree: I don't think Twit should marry anyone until she changes her ways thru massive therapy. Marriage is a partnership. Twit, as she is now, will never be a partner in a relationship. Frankly, I feel sorry for Chase, hope he sees the error of his ways & can extricate himself from the current situation.

BTW,  a couple of times he said, "I'm 29, almost 30." Twit will be 36 in April. So the age dif is more like 6 yrs, rather than 7 or 8.

I understand what you are saying and I don’t disagree. I do think, though, that there is a difference between hoping she’s happy and thinking it’s a good idea. If she and Chase are really a couple then I hope they are happy. Everyone deserves to feel loved. I don’t think you need to be ready for marriage to have a happy, dating relationship. But do I think getting married is a good idea?  Hell no. Maybe someday. Who knows. But again, if they do decide to get married, I hope they are happy and that they make it. I hope that for everyone who gets married even if it’s clearly a stupid idea LOL. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Dot said:

It may start out okay, but once the “newness” wears off, that’s when the real work begins. The learning to communicate, the compromise, the sacrifice. It won’t last unless she learns to grow up and be less selfish. 

• Love 9