Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I'll toss out an unpopular opinion and say that I think this photo is cute. Everyone's smiles seem genuine and I like the outfits on the people to the immediate right and left of Whitney. 

I thought that photo was cute, too. The second was iffy. Then I got the third.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I also don’t think it’s all that weird to be wearing waterproof sandals on the beach. We do it all the time - even into the ocean. In fact, especially into the ocean.

I hate wearing any type of footwear on the beach - I don't like sand rubbing between the shoe and my foot. But if the sand is hot or I'm worried about cutting my foot then I'll wear flip-flops or sandals or something.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Oh gad. Now she’s shilling for Under Armour

I have to wonder....

Either it never occurred to her that Under Armour is a competitor to her own line of "fatness apparel," or she's not getting any sales for her craptacular stuff and she's giving it up. 

That being said, UA picked the wrong person because that stuff looks like crap on her. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I have to wonder....

Either it never occurred to her that Under Armour is a competitor to her own line of "fatness apparel," or she's not getting any sales for her craptacular stuff and she's giving it up. 

That being said, UA picked the wrong person because that stuff looks like crap on her. 

I was admittedly shocked when I heard about UA. Have they SEEN her in action? 

Do they even know she’s a crotch grabbing, armpit sniffing, hot tub peeing, donkey-braying, obnoxious, inappropriate woman-child? And that she was voted most hated reality tv person? Just, WHY? There were no respectable overweight women to choose from so they went with this train wreck? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I was admittedly shocked when I heard about UA. Have they SEEN her in action? 

Do they even know she’s a crotch grabbing, armpit sniffing, hot tub peeing, donkey-braying, obnoxious, inappropriate woman-child? And that she was voted most hated reality tv person? Just, WHY? There were no respectable overweight women to choose from so they went with this train wreck? 

I thought your comment was so good that I stole much of it for a comment on Under Armor's FB page:

"I'm gobsmacked that you have hired a crass narcissist as your spokesmodel. Whitney Way Thore was voted Primetimer's most hated person on reality TV for her ass-wiggling, crotch-grabbing, hottub-peeing, donkeylike braying performances. She is the LAST woman you want promoting your plus-size line."

If you want to add a comment, the page name is U A Plus Size.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Dot said:

I thought your comment was so good that I stole much of it for a comment on Under Armor's FB page:

"I'm gobsmacked that you have hired a crass narcissist as your spokesmodel. Whitney Way Thore was voted Primetimer's most hated person on reality TV for her ass-wiggling, crotch-grabbing, hottub-peeing, donkeylike braying performances. She is the LAST woman you want promoting your plus-size line."

If you want to add a comment, the page name is U A Plus Size.

Nice!
I hope Under Armor knows Whitney is also a phony. She cried and whined her way through every 5k she’s ever done—they want her wearing their athletic gear? 

I don’t know if Under Armor truly knew what they were getting when she signed on. They certainly didn’t watch the show. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Auto incorrect
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'll toss out an unpopular opinion and say that I think this photo is cute. Everyone's smiles seem genuine and I like the outfits on the people to the immediate right and left of Whitney. 

Did you look at all the pics or just the first one?

The first one is fine its the ass crack one that I said was gross.

Edited by Joan of Argh
spelling
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Did you look at all the pics or just the first one?

The first one if fine its the ass crack one that I said was gross.

I don’t know about the original responded but I agreed with her based on the first photo. I could see the first photo in the post but didn’t realize there were others if you went to IG. When someone pointed out the others I completely understood the ‘gross’ comment. I do NOT understand why she insists on constantly photographing her ass. I would think it’s creepy even if her ass wasn’t the size of Jabba the Hut. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t know about the original responded but I agreed with her based on the first photo. I could see the first photo in the post but didn’t realize there were others if you went to IG. When someone pointed out the others I completely understood the ‘gross’ comment. I do NOT understand why she insists on constantly photographing her ass. I would think it’s creepy even if her ass wasn’t the size of Jabba the Hut. 

Yep. I'm seeing an Internet ad for some Calvin Klein combo fishnet stockings and thong. The model is slender, but I STILL DON'T WANT TO SEE HER ASS!!!!

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Dot said:

She even has to emphasize her ass in her IG story Under Armor promo by wiggling it & declaring the leggings twerk worthy.

And doesn’t she have them on backwards in the promo? She fixed them for the actual workout video but in the promo they are backwards. So it seems impossible she would know they will stay in place as she claimed.  The rise in the front of the pants would be a little shorter than in the back so it should have felt very weird. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

And doesn’t she have them on backwards in the promo? She fixed them for the actual workout video but in the promo they are backwards. So it seems impossible she would know they will stay in place as she claimed.  The rise in the front of the pants would be a little shorter than in the back so it should have felt very weird. 

Omg I was thinking the same thing that she had them on backwards but I assumed I was wrong. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just got this email about my U A Plus Size comment about choosing Twit as their plus size spokesperson:

"Dot James I am so sorry you feel this way. Must be challenging going through life worrying so much about things that don’t really impact you. Good luck with everything."

It's from someone named Madison Smith who seems to have something to do with the plus size rollout, so I guess she's a UA employee.

I replied: "Bless your heart, sweetie."

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Just the one with all the ladies lined up, laying in the sand...

If you click on the right or left of the first pic (there's little arrows)  it takes you back and forth through all the pics.

You don't have to go to IG it attaches them all right here.  👍

Meanwhile it looks like she deleted the ass crack pic and the other pic because they're now showing up as blank.

Edited by Joan of Argh
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

You dont have to go to IG just click on the little arrows on the side of the pic it takes you through the whole stack right here 👍

It looks like Whitney decided to delete the gross ass crack pic and the other pic of them sprawled out because now those 2 are showing up blank.

She must have gotten some nasty comments.  lol

• LOL 1
55 minutes ago, Dot said:

I just got this email about my U A Plus Size comment about choosing Twit as their plus size spokesperson:

"Dot James I am so sorry you feel this way. Must be challenging going through life worrying so much about things that don’t really impact you. Good luck with everything."

It's from someone named Madison Smith who seems to have something to do with the plus size rollout, so I guess she's a UA employee.

Well, I suppose it doesn’t affect us, but you’d think Under Armor would care about its reputation. Looks like they don’t care their spokesperson is an immature, obnoxious, offensive phony and winner of a “most hated” award. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

If you click on the right or left of the first pic (there's little arrows)  it takes you back and forth through all the pics.

You don't have to go to IG it attaches them all right here.  👍

Meanwhile it looks like she deleted the ass crack pic and the other pic because they're now showing up as blank.

All 3 photos are still visable on her IG page. They have not been deleted.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Well, I suppose it doesn’t affect us, but you’d think Under Armor would care about its reputation. Looks like they don’t care their spokesperson is an immature, obnoxious, offensive phony and winner of a “most hated” award. 

Well if that was their response then clearly their employees are immature as well. Even if the company completely disagrees with a complaint or recommendation a customer contacts them with, they typically still respond as if they took the comment seriously and really care about what their customer said. The response Dot posted sounds more like a petulant teenager. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Well if that was their response then clearly their employees are immature as well. Even if the company completely disagrees with a complaint or recommendation a customer contacts them with, they typically still respond as if they took the comment seriously and really care about what their customer said. The response Dot posted sounds more like a petulant teenager. 

I don't know for sure that Madison Smith is an employee. But she apparently had a signifant role in UA's decision to include a plus size line, given the comments on the FB page.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Colleenna said:

This probably means their stuff is about to be vanity sized to all hell and I'll have a hard time finding anything that fits. Nike started doing "plus size" and at 5'7" and 140 pounds I ended up a small in their leggings and performance fabric tops. I am three inches taller than average. In no world should I be wearing a small.

2 hours ago, Dot said:

If that's what UA employees are saying, I'm finding another brand for my running gear.

2 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

Who wears dangly earrings and full makeup to the gym

Someone who manages to put on leggins backward. Seriously, how even? The tear away tag with the wash and care instructions is in the back.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Dot said:

I don't know for sure that Madison Smith is an employee. But she apparently had a signifant role in UA's decision to include a plus size line, given the comments on the FB page.

Her profile page says she's a youth designer at UA.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Under Armour is one step away from a dumpster fire in general, so I'm not surprised they replied this way.  Their CEO is leaving, they're being investigated by the SEC, they used corporate cards to pay for trips to strip clubs.....

Honestly, Whit fits right in.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, kattybiz said:

Under Armour is one step away from a dumpster fire in general, so I'm not surprised they replied this way.  Their CEO is leaving, they're being investigated by the SEC, they used corporate cards to pay for trips to strip clubs.....

I had no idea. That’s fascinating. I can’t wear their clothes because they run very short and frankly, they cost a fortune. 

I do like their apps, MapMyWalk and MyFitnessPal. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I have to say I’m grateful for one thing... when Whitney was reviewing the sports bra she said it was definitely a “jumping jacks” bra. I was terrified she was going to do jumping jacks. Thank God for small favors. 

Whitney cannot do jumping jacks because they require moving your legs and jumping. Both are things it is clear from all of her "workout" and "dance" videos, that she cannot do.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Whitney cannot do jumping jacks because they require moving your legs and jumping. Both are things it is clear from all of her "workout" and "dance" videos, that she cannot do.

This is true but if she made an attempt it could scar observers for life. 

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, kattybiz said:

Under Armor is overpriced and, in my experience as a former wilderness ranger, not worth the price tag. There are many other products nowadays that do the same thing, are comparable in quality and are a fraction of the cost.  I haven’t used UA in probably 8 years and given the snarky response of employee Madison Smith, I won’t be tempted to give them my money. 

Not likely they’ll care anyways. It’s a common thing nowadays for companies not to care what customers think. So yeah, Whitney fits right in with Under Armor. 

ETA: How is Whitney helping them sell anything anyhow? She doesn’t DO anything but the bare minimum. Challenge Whitney in any way, anything outside her comfort zone, you’ll see the real Whitney: crying, whining, blaming everyone but herself.

Yeah. Real awesome spokesmodel. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 4

I’m wondering if Whitney isn’t a spokesperson as much as she’s one of the “influencer” type people they sent a box of free stuff to in exchange for that video post. Sure it would be better IMHO if people they chose for that actually value healthy living even if they are overweight but it may be that they just chose people who offered to do it, fit the criteria for the clothing niche (plus size with workout posts), and have a large SM following. This may be the extent of her “representation” of Under Armour. Lots of companies do this stuff with “influencers” (man that word makes me want to 🤮) but really don’t consider those people to be spokespeople. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Dot said:

It seems that you posted on Madison's personal Facebook so her reply would not be a corporate response. Still a very immature and unprofessional way to address a (potential) customer. Try leaving a message at U A Women. That is one of the corp's Facebook pages. That would be monitored and hopefully answered via their social media team. I am tempted to send them various of Twit's less tasteful pics so they can see what a jackass they have chosen to represent their brand. I mean, her saying that the leggings are 'twerk worthy" while jiggling that huge ass around is certainly the image of a company I would buy from. NOT!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m wondering if Whitney isn’t a spokesperson as much as she’s one of the “influencer” type people they sent a box of free stuff to in exchange for that video post. Sure it would be better IMHO if people they chose for that actually value healthy living even if they are overweight but it may be that they just chose people who offered to do it, fit the criteria for the clothing niche (plus size with workout posts), and have a large SM following. This may be the extent of her “representation” of Under Armour. Lots of companies do this stuff with “influencers” (man that word makes me want to 🤮) but really don’t consider those people to be spokespeople. 

Sounds about right. As an old(er) folk, I forget about this entire 'influencer' shtick that is so highly valued. I abhor that term too.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, puppylover said:

It seems that you posted on Madison's personal Facebook so her reply would not be a corporate response. Still a very immature and unprofessional way to address a (potential) customer. Try leaving a message at U A Women. That is one of the corp's Facebook pages. That would be monitored and hopefully answered via their social media team. I am tempted to send them various of Twit's less tasteful pics so they can see what a jackass they have chosen to represent their brand. I mean, her saying that the leggings are 'twerk worthy" while jiggling that huge ass around is certainly the image of a company I would buy from. NOT!

Did Madison by any chance get a free cabin on the cruise for choosing Twit for the campaign?  If Dot or someone else is going to post to U A Women, I suggest including the snarky reply from Ms. Madison, along with some of the more cringe worthy pics and vids of Twit being disgustingly Twit.  Anyone with a lick of sense and even a modicum of marketing savvy will realize pretty quickly that she is not who they want influencing their brand.  Yes, I know that she has a lot of plus size ladies coming to her page, and she is a very recognizable television figure, but it shouldn’t take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that her own clothing line failed, even with all that, or that she is basically a plus sized gal who also happens to be disgusting.  (50 Cent video anyone?). There are so many recognizable plus sized personalities out there that aren’t disgusting.  

I might also mention that making the larger leggings in fleshy and pastel colors is not doing anything to promote their brand or even confidence in the plus size gal wearing it.  It just looks like 10 lbs. of cottage cheese shoved into a 5 lb. sack (as my mother used to say).  Perhaps dark blue, purple, green, red, or even good ol black would be more flattering?

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

Is a "influencer" who wants free shit so they can turn around a give a good review? I don't get! Lol

I don’t think they are told they must give a good review. I’m sure there are some ethical “influencers” who tell the truth. But if you look at Whit’s review you can tell it’s just a giant butt kiss to Under Armour, probably hoping for more free stuff or other association. First she talks about the leggings. She says that they feel great and she really thinks they would stay in place great during a workout. Well she had them on backwards. So that means the shorter front rise was in the back. Just having them backwards would feel really weird but the rise being wrong would have felt like they were falling down. And yet she gushes. Then she talks about the bra really holding her in and definitely being a “jumping jacks” bra. Well UA doesn’t market it that way. It’s considered ‘medium support- best for A-C cup’. She mentioned the nice length of the tank top but never says anything about her being VERY short. She doesn’t discuss how it might fit on someone with different bodies - heavier top, more boobs etc. Someone trying to give an honest, informative review would have mentioned all of that. 

• Love 6

Twit doesn't seem to last long as an influencer. She hasn't opened a box of FitFabFun in quite a while, so I assume she wasn't very successful shilling for it. 

@3girlsforus pointed out a number of problems Twit had in being honest about her Under Armour freebies. I'll add another: the bra's band, which s h e claims is so comfortable, rolls up under her back fat.

• Love 5

I thought the color was horrible, she looked like a mountain of mint ice cream and cottage cheese.   😲

I also didn't like the net areas on the lower legs.... I have sensitive skin and that would really chafe my calves...... Didn't like the look of it either.

• Love 2

Regardless of how Twit is shilling for UA now, the FTC just came out with new guidelines for "influencers" to follow.  Even though this woman's channel is based around makeup, she does a great job of explaining the new rules and what it means going forward.  This needed to be done from the start, but at the very least, the FTC is trying to make up lost ground.

I live very close to UA's headquarters, and they are not what they used to be.  The current CEO is stepping down and becoming the creative director something something.  The whole "can't use the company credit cards at strip joints" was in our local news a few weeks ago.  It is quite common for individuals to have company credit cards and use them when dealing with clients.  In this case, UA is dealing with professional athletes, and going to bars, restaurants, or strip joints is not out of the realm of locations they would frequent.  I'm personally in the camp of as long as a person is of legal age, and they are not in a state of duress, do whatever floats your boat, BUT, do some things need to be on your own dime.

• Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 9:40 AM, SevenCostanza said:

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.  I'm a bit squeamish about stepping on things, plus a lot of time there's rocks and other foot injuring things you can't see.

But here's the thing...no way in hell can Whitney get those shoes on by herself.  I used to weigh 300 pounds...I know.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Regardless of how Twit is shilling for UA now, the FTC just came out with new guidelines for "influencers" to follow.  Even though this woman's channel is based around makeup, she does a great job of explaining the new rules and what it means going forward.  This needed to be done from the start, but at the very least, the FTC is trying to make up lost ground.

Thanks for sharing this video. It's kinda long, but very informative. And certainly explains why Twi has to label herself in a "paid partnership" with UA.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I thought the color was horrible, she looked like a mountain of mint ice cream and cottage cheese.   😲

I also didn't like the net areas on the lower legs.... I have sensitive skin and that would really chafe my calves...... Didn't like the look of it either.

Someone asked her about what sizes she was wearing. According to her, the bra is a 2x and the leggings 3x . According to UA's size charts, a 3x legging fits waists 53" and hips 58" . Since those leggings look as if they are painted on (I'm tempted to look for brush strokes),  with mountains of cottage cheese flesh oozing out of the mesh part, I dare say her hips are 60" AT A MINIMUM. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Someone asked her about what sizes she was wearing. According to her, the bra is a 2x and the leggings 3x . According to UA's size charts, a 3x legging fits waists 53" and hips 58" . Since those leggings look as if they are painted on (I'm tempted to look for brush strokes),  with mountains of cottage cheese flesh oozing out of the mesh part, I dare say her hips are 60" AT A MINIMUM. 

I was watching season 1  the other day and Tal has to measure her hips for the outfit and they were about 70” at that time.  I don’t know if she gained or lost weight from season one.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I was watching season 1  the other day and Tal has to measure her hips for the outfit and they were about 70” at that time.  I don’t know if she gained or lost weight from season one.

I had been wondering about sizes. Most of these clothing manufacturers she’s mentioned lately go up to 3X or so. If she really is a 3X then she’s definitely lost weight. She had gotten to the point around the Hawaii time where it didn’t look like she could wear much from anyone but Torrid who goes up to 6x. I don’t know if I believe that she’s wearing a 2X bra though. I’m a 36 DD and I would have to wear an XL. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I had been wondering about sizes. Most of these clothing manufacturers she’s mentioned lately go up to 3X or so. If she really is a 3X then she’s definitely lost weight. She had gotten to the point around the Hawaii time where it didn’t look like she could wear much from anyone but Torrid who goes up to 6x. I don’t know if I believe that she’s wearing a 2X bra though. I’m a 36 DD and I would have to wear an XL. 

😲 Good grief I can;t even imagine what that must look like.

• Love 2