Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

So I’m unclear what this video is. Is this a sample of the instruction? Is this a sample of the kind of dance they are going to teach? 

If this is a sample of the instruction, then there is no instruction. It’s just watching them wiggle. If it’s a sample of the kind of dance, then there is no need to buy it. You can just pull up many of her videos and watch them or any of 1000s of YouTube videos for free and just copy. Either way, I can’t imagine paying $20 a month for this. 

But apparently there are plenty of idiots perfectly willing to do just that. You know --- like the ones that post what a great dancer she is, etc.....

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Colleenna said:

But apparently there are plenty of idiots perfectly willing to do just that. You know --- like the ones that post what a great dancer she is, etc.....

I’m curious how many of the ‘ooh that’s so awesome’ posts will really turn into paying customers and of those how many will pay for more than a month or two. The workout videos look lame but Ryan does actual exercise so there is at least a little something to it. This is just pointless and even people who think she’s a wonderful dancer will realize they aren’t getting anything out of it after a dance or two. Obviously there will always be someone willing to pay and she has really no overhead but this one seems even more 1/2 baked than the workouts. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m curious how many of the ‘ooh that’s so awesome’ posts will really turn into paying customers and of those how many will pay for more than a month or two. The workout videos look lame but Ryan does actual exercise so there is at least a little something to it. This is just pointless and even people who think she’s a wonderful dancer will realize they aren’t getting anything out of it after a dance or two. Obviously there will always be someone willing to pay and she has really no overhead but this one seems even more 1/2 baked than the workouts. 

I agree I can't see this lasting at all.   There's very little variation to their moves.  Step, step, wiggle ass, wave arms, repeat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I suspect Ryan is furious, esp. when he sees a fan comment that she was planning to subscribe to the exercises but is going for dance instead.

Why didn't Twit do online dance subscriptions before? B/c she didn't know how. Ryan taught her, so she is repaying him by stealing his potential customers.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Dot said:

I suspect Ryan is furious, esp. when he sees a fan comment that she was planning to subscribe to the exercises but is going for dance instead.

Why didn't Twit do online dance subscriptions before? B/c she didn't know how. Ryan taught her, so she is repaying him by stealing his potential customers.

I’m sure he is furious and he has every right to be. She made a commitment to the exercise business with Ryan. Now she’s stealing his business. She doesn’t have enough “star power” to support multiple businesses. I wonder how long it will be until she doesn’t have the time or interest to film both products. Who will she choose? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Dot said:

Pretty sure Whitney thinks of all these people as "her" customers. I think she is blissfully ignorant of the reality  that Ryan is doing the value-added work to the subscription, while all she seems to do is show up at the tape sessions and act the fool for the amusement of the "Whitney-you-are-so-wonderful-and-funny-and-fabulous" crowd.  I suspect she has no idea how much time it takes for him to design 24 minutes of exercise a day that's varied, and capable of modification for beginners to athletes, as they have promised the routines will be. He also seems to be a much larger on-line presence in relation to the program than she is, at least judging by the NoBSActive  instagram account. And he also produced the written material that goes along with the subscription, which I assume contains basic information on how to approach exercise when you are new to working out.  (And I do wonder who is creating the weekly recipe . . . )

No doubt she thinks that creating 4 half hour dance classes a month (I think that includes the one promised "live" class(?)) will take barely any time at all. (A) Create 5 minutes of choreography - or "borrow" it from what she's picked up from Leslie, Jenzi, The Fitness Marshall, or from her Fat Girl Dancing videos. Have Todd come to Charlotte at Whitney's convenience and learn the steps. Pick the music, with no understanding of copyright limitations. Make a video - 5 minutes of talking about dance and how anyone can do it etc. etc., 5 minutes of warm ups, 5 minutes of Whitney walking through the choreography, 5 minutes of Todd dancing it up to speed, 10 minutes for the class to dance the steps, once slower, led by Whitney, once at speed, led by Todd. Thanks and seeya next week!!!" (B) Repeat until she runs out of ideas, gets mad at Todd for showing off, or for wanting more input into the music or for something else, gets frustrated by how much longer it takes to do it than she thought it would take, gets upset by complaints from the students who want more and better classes . . .

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m curious. Is it legal for Whitney to create and sell videos with copyrighted music for the dances? I would have thought since she’s making money on it she would have to pay for the rights to the music.

IANAL, and I don't play one on TV, but I think she has to pay royalties. Of course, someone would need to notify the appropriate agency to make sure she's actually doing so....

• Love 2

You can get a copyright strike on YouTube for posting a video that has music playing in the background.  Something as simple as walking through a store where music is playing can get a video demonetized.  I used to watch a reselling channel, and one of the Goodwill locations the woman would frequent would have their music blaring so damn loud that she had numerous issues with YT.  When she would edit her videos, she would have to put free domain music over top of her narration to drown out the sound.  If Twit doesn't follow their rules, she will get busted.  Quickly.  

• Useful 4
10 minutes ago, sixlets said:

You can get a copyright strike on YouTube for posting a video that has music playing in the background.  Something as simple as walking through a store where music is playing can get a video demonetized.  I used to watch a reselling channel, and one of the Goodwill locations the woman would frequent would have their music blaring so damn loud that she had numerous issues with YT.  When she would edit her videos, she would have to put free domain music over top of her narration to drown out the sound.  If Twit doesn't follow their rules, she will get busted.  Quickly.  

I wonder if this is why she’s using Facebook. They may not be as on top of this kind of thing. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Ketzel said:

(B) Repeat until she runs out of ideas, gets mad at Todd for showing off, or for wanting more input into the music or for something else, gets frustrated by how much longer it takes to do it than she thought it would take, gets upset by complaints from the students who want more and better classes . . .

So... three weeks, tops?

• LOL 7
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Here's a link to a YouTube video of Whitney teaching choreography.  (I assume she was the choreographer of all 18 seconds.)

I thought it might be more informative to anyone here, thinking about signing up for her online class, than the instagram stuff she's been posting. 

*crickets*

• LOL 4

Here's a link to a YouTube video of Whitney teaching choreography.  (I assume she was the choreographer of all 18 seconds.)

I thought it might be more informative to anyone here, thinking about signing up for her online class, than the instagram stuff she's been posting. 

*crickets*

She looks larger in that video.  There, I said something nice.

• LOL 2
On 9/27/2019 at 8:37 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I wonder if this is why she’s using Facebook. They may not be as on top of this kind of thing. 

Facebook muted a 30 second video I posted For my daughter because of the background music-so no way will she get away with it. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, AUgirl said:

Facebook muted a 30 second video I posted For my daughter because of the background music-so no way will she get away with it. 

And yet she's got lots of IG videos showing her exercising/dancing to music. How does that work? Has she bought some sort of blanket access that permits her to use music without further fees?

On 9/28/2019 at 10:03 PM, Ketzel said:
On 9/28/2019 at 9:58 PM, Ketzel said:

*crickets*

"How To Wiggle". How appropriate.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Dot said:

And yet she's got lots of IG videos showing her exercising/dancing to music. How does that work? Has she bought some sort of blanket access that permits her to use music without further fees

Try reporting one of her video posts. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

She has a new bsdance video up on IG this morning. Same shit, different day. 

I’m confused. Is she claiming to be teaching ‘dance’ or is she claiming to be teaching ‘choreography’?  I realize she isn’t actually teaching anything but this seems more like ‘hey look we choreographed something and you can copy it more than teaching dance moves which is what she claims. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m confused. Is she claiming to be teaching ‘dance’ or is she claiming to be teaching ‘choreography’?  I realize she isn’t actually teaching anything but this seems more like ‘hey look we choreographed something and you can copy it more than teaching dance moves which is what she claims. 

Beats me. To truly understand what she's doing, I'd have to sign up for bullshit dance (what, you mean that's not what she mean by bs??) And I'm not willing to waste my money on that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

She has a new bsdance video up on IG this morning. Same shit, different day. 

Did you notice that the "dance" ends with prolonged twerking by Twit? And Todd ain't participating? It's as tho he is making the statement that he's as tired of that move as the rest of us.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3

She’s working very hard to shill this recycled crap. I was reading comments and she (or a lackey) seems to be responding to every one of them (well as far as I got which wasn’t very far). 

Eta: One of the comments from a fan said she was signing up as soon as she got paid. That really bothered me because she could probably spend that money on something more worthwhile especially if she lives paycheck to paycheck. Yet, Whit didn’t care. Just thanked the person with a smiley heart emoji or some shit. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Dot said:

Did you notice that the "dance" ends with prolonged twerking by Twit? And Todd ain't participating? It's as tho he is making the statement that he's as tired of that move as the rest of us.

Another sign that she knows her stuff is crap. Every one of these online programs has a free trial period, anywhere from a couple of days to a month. But with Whit, nope. You have to fork over for a whole month before you have any clue what it will really be like. Programs with any kind of confidence in the quality of their product believe that if someone sees a sample, they will want it. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Another sign that she knows her stuff is crap. Every one of these online programs has a free trial period, anywhere from a couple of days to a month. But with Whit, nope. You have to fork over for a whole month before you have any clue what it will really be like. Programs with any kind of confidence in the quality of their product believe that if someone sees a sample, they will want it. 

I noticed that she offered $5 off the first month. In the words of Suzanne Sugarbaker, "Oh great big wooh." 😉

• Love 1

Guys, I’ll admit it—Nobs Dance really tempted me. I love to dance, take classes frequently (I just finished two terms of tap—that was a hoot!), and don’t mind dropping $20 for a month of classes, even just to hate-watch. But I watched that preview and...I just can’t. I can barely even stand to watch her. She has no business teaching dance. She has no style, no technique, and no skill. Even Todd lacks the artistry necessary to be a compelling dancer. I can’t even laugh at it. She’s made a career out of being a human participation award. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9

When I was in 7th grade  I took a modern dance class and we had to choreograph our own routines.   That is what Twit and Todd's dancing reminds me of.  

3 hours ago, Dot said:

Did you notice that the "dance" ends with prolonged twerking by Twit?

It also started with one too.  I'd love to be behind her with a dart gun.

• LOL 8

I can just see her glaring at Todd and saying, "What the fuck do you mean, you don't want twerking in the first routine? Me twerking is what these people want to see! And they want to try to do it too! Look, Todd, I know you mean well but you don't know the first thing about choreographing for my people. You nearly destroyed BGDC when I left you alone with it for a couple of weeks. Now, when I say 'shake your skinny ass,' you better start vibrating like a sex toy, or you and me are going to have some serious trouble. Half these people signing up hate you anyway."

Todd glares back. He thinks of about a million nasty comebacks, then thinks about the TLC paycheck, shuts up and shakes his skinny ass.

• LOL 6

I wonder if Ryan has noticed that Twit no longer has a link to nobsactive in her IG bio. In fact, does that grift even exist anymore? (I can't check b/c I'm blocked.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
33 minutes ago, Dot said:

I wonder if Ryan has noticed that Twit no longer has a link to nobsactive in her IG bio. In fact, does that grift even exist anymore? (I can't check b/c I'm blocked.)

Yes it does and Ryan seems to be working to promote it. It posts about it and responses to people who post about it. Whitney doesn’t do anything.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, puppylover said:

Crud! Believe me! I did NOT pay for that shit show. However, I found a nobsactive facebook page and joined that for free like any other page. The videos were there. Haven't paid a cent!

56 minutes ago, Dot said:

@Ketzel, were you able to open them? If so, how?

No, I didn't even try.  Puppylover, I believe you, but it's amazing to me that you got to join without Whitney or Ryan vetting you to make sure you're in the class!

3 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

No, I didn't even try.  Puppylover, I believe you, but it's amazing to me that you got to join without Whitney or Ryan vetting you to make sure you're in the class!

Yeah, I was just fooling around - bored - and searched in Facebook for NOBSACTIVE and asked to join and viola! I wish I could figure out a way to share because the videos are hilarious. Ryan is quite serious and seems genuinely wanting to help. Twit, on the other hand, is an ass. I don't think she gets through one video whether it is arms, legs, back etc. without shaking her damn booty.

Sorry to get people's hopes up!

• Useful 1

I was blocked from nobsactive -- by Ryan -- after I went to that site to congratulate Twit on being named Primetimer's 2019 Worst Reality Person on TV.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I tried it - we will see if they've figured it out. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I tried it - we will see if they've figured it out. 

I decided to cancel my join request. I don’t want to risk some kind of bill via FB or something. The FB page says there are 1050 members. If those people are actually paying it is a very successful endeavor. Makes me wonder if there really are 1050 paying people. 

TLC is giving Whitney an award! Woo Hoo! Looks like 3 years ago, TLC connected with some nonprofit to encourage people to fight bullying. And then they started giving awards to TLC stars and people who made appearances on TLC programs for fighting bullying. I guess they ran out of TLC-adjacent people, because Whitney is getting one of the awards this year. She is interviewed on the Monsters and Critics website, and even she can't explain what she did to get the award, but she's VERY happy to get it!

Here's the link to the interview: LINK  You have to scroll down past all the not-very-articulate description of what TLC is doing and who Whitney Thore is, until you get to the actual interview. Oh, and spoiler alert - she has never met nor spoken to Bill Maher.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

There is a link to Maher's monologue within the link to Twit's comments about her award. Guess which commentary is spot on?

I was surprised that MBFFL is still filming. Twit sez she would characterize the new season as one of "love and change." So, obviously Chase will be playing a part, bless his heart. And "change" includes moving out, leaving old friends & making new ones, starting a new biz.

• LOL 1

Well, Twit got her award. Those of you with an IG acct won't want to miss her celebratory dance -- or whatever it is -- in her IG story. It's the kind of thing that gives fat ppl a bad name, as in: "why is this big woman flailing around? Is she drunk?" (Note champagne glass in previous photo.)

• LOL 3