Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

On 6/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, Dot said:

True that. For all that Twit likes to call herself an athlete, she isn't one. ( But I don't think Sumo wrestlers, weightlifters or body builders are athletes either.)

I think the idea of "athlete" is a spectrum and it varies. I actually think bodybuilders are athletes, as they are proficient in that form of exercise and there are competitions for that activity. 

All that aside, I find the term nowadays to be too inclusive. Everyone needs a freakin' pat on the back and a blue ribbon and it's making the idea of athleticism meaningless. It used to mean one who worked hard at their sport to be amongst a top tier. Now it seems to be used to describe anyone who puts on a pair of sneakers or tights. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I think the idea of "athlete" is a spectrum and it varies. I actually think bodybuilders are athletes, as they are proficient in that form of exercise and there are competitions for that activity. 

All that aside, I find the term nowadays to be too inclusive. Everyone needs a freakin' pat on the back and a blue ribbon and it's making the idea of athleticism meaningless. It used to mean one who worked hard at their sport to be amongst a top tier. Now it seems to be used to describe anyone who puts on a pair of sneakers or tights. 

I tell people "My husband is a triathlete. Me, I just try to be an athlete." 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Also haven’t studies proven that obesity is, in fact, contagious? Meaning if you are around unhealthy people eating junk and not being active, you are also more likely to eat the same and ya know, not be active.

Edited by Uuuugghh
Spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 9:52 AM, SevenCostanza said:

So the writer of the article is just being a bitch?   She's saying that large women shouldn't be able to buy workout clothes because she thinks they're disgusting?   Fuck her. 

I was thinking at first that this was that British author who hated fat people and gained weight to prove some point.  Katie Hopkins, and she was on TLC.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hopkins#Obesity

On 6/14/2019 at 10:29 AM, Colleenna said:

Thanks... I just remembered that several months ago Twit posted a newspaper clipping from their high school days, and the name stuck with me because it was so unusual. 

It's a southern name I guess.  I had several Talmadges in my family, on my mother's side.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 1
On 3/5/2019 at 5:03 PM, Ketzel said:

But she (and Ryan) have 20,000 subscribers! She just said so on that morning program a couple of weeks ago! Who needs marketing when you've already got a reliable income stream of $400,000 a month?

Okay. I've been blissfully out of the Twitney loop for ages now. So who is the Ryan and why is she calling him her sweetie or whatever "boo bear"-esque nickname... ???? 

On 3/8/2019 at 3:25 PM, Dot said:

This may have been true for the Korean school you taught at, but it is obvious from what Twit has said that she got her job the way any American college grad could -- just manage to walk & takk at the same time. Twit had no teaching experience, no degree in English & no background in ESL. She claims a Montessori Method credential -- which would be irrelevant anyway -- but is vague about how & when she got it. I don't know what a TEFL/CELTA is, but if it's a credential requiring putting any amt of time to earn it, Twit doesn't have it.

So I'll stand with @Me from ME: Twit probably found a job in Korea only becuz they were desperate for an American. And regardless of what you say, that is still true of ESL in Asia today.

The reputable programs do have requirements like the @Me from ME described. There are also companies out there who recruit fresh college grads with little to no experience and put them through their own "training program" to teach English the way they (the company) want it taught. The pay is still pretty good and similar to what Me From ME described. The idea is you've just graduated college, you maybe want to travel, see the world but you're broke. You're also young and generally single/childless (therefore available to pick up stakes and move to Asia for a year or two)... it's not as bad as a sweatshop but it's not exactly going to produce a quality English-language Education. 

And no. I don't see TWIT going for a TEFL/CELTA certification. I'm surprised she schelped her fat a$$ all the way through an undergraduate degree.

• Love 3
On 3/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, Me from ME said:

I never knew there was a thing called co washing. I started skipping the shampoo every once in a while  when my hair started getting too dry in the winter

A colleague and friend who is French does the co-washing (though he doesn't call it that). He will use conditioner every day and then use shampoo (after conditioner) maybe once or twice a week. That was the first time I'd ever heard of doing such a thing. Haven't tried it personally. 

As for not washing or combing one's hair for 9 days... the only times I've heard of anyone doing that was because of hospitalization or trying to get dreadlocks going.

On 6/12/2019 at 3:36 PM, sempervivum said:

Whitney would LOOOOVE to look like that mannequin. 

I wonder what this Tanya Gold would say to a mannequin that actually resembled Whitney? The one shown is at least well-proportioned, with no giant gut and without saddlebags and arm flab.

Yes!!! I think that’s the best part of this! Twit thinks that mannequin resembles her! 😂😂😂

No Twit, the women that the mannequin represents would not want YOU standing up for them! When Nike puts out a mannequin out with the following characteristics:

* workout clothes on that are 5 sizes to small 

* a stench radiating off of it 

* cheeto dust stained fingertips  

* teeth that look like a rodent 

Twit, then you can stick up for those women! Wait, do any of those women exist?  I think Twit’s the only one with those amazing qualities waddling around! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Emma C said:

For some reason, FabFitFun has a new "celebrity" rep...

Actually, Twit started her contract with this cosmetics firm about a year ago. She shilled a couple of boxes, then went quiet. Now she's back.

Oh. oh. oh! If Twit wins, I'm so gonna let Fabfitfun know what an "influencer" Twit is! 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Not sure if it is the makeup, the smile, or, the angle but she looks positively demonic. Not so good for advertising IMHO.

You really nailed it! I've been trying to figure out "what's wrong with this picture?" since Twit posted it. Her Joker Mouth is in full display, too, which adds to the demonic look.

• Love 3
(edited)

I’m confused by this company. Their name implies they are a fitness company but they sell makeup?? What does makeup have to do with being fit?

Edited by 3girlsforus
I actually do know the difference between they’re, their, and there
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

Not sure if it is the makeup, the smile, or, the angle but she looks positively demonic. Not so good for advertising IMHO.

It's because her face is badly photoshopped. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m confused by this company. Their name implies they are a fitness company but they sell makeup?? What does makeup have to do with being fit?

You could question the "fun" part of the name, too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

They sell a box with about $200 worth of leftover makeup, fitness crap and other junk into a $50 box.  They've been shilling it hardcore on a bunch of my true crime podcasts, because there's no better palate cleansing for discussing the disappearance and possible murder of a five year old than two dudes shilling a box of make up, sunscreen and hand weights. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Lemur said:

They sell a box with about $200 worth of leftover makeup, fitness crap and other junk into a $50 box.  They've been shilling it hardcore on a bunch of my true crime podcasts, because there's no better palate cleansing for discussing the disappearance and possible murder of a five year old than two dudes shilling a box of make up, sunscreen and hand weights. 

Is her box going to include cheetos, flip flops, a gift card to Starbucks? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Oh good grief. I was noticing on her IG posts lots of people were complaining that she’d joined in selling this stuff. I assumed it was all Z list actors, but shilling something like this on a true crime podcast is practically criminal - pun intended. 

Of course it isn’t surprising that Whit would sign up with a crappy scheme. Someone commented that their box only had 4 products in it. Quite the quality organization. 

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, Emma C said:

For some reason, FabFitFun has a new "celebrity" rep...

All these reality "stars" sell the same crap.  I've seen Kim Zolciak and her daughter selling this along with a couple of people from 90 Day Fiance.    Soon she'll be hawking that diet tea they all sell as well.

Edited by SevenCostanza
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Soon she'll be hawking that diet tea they all sell as well.

You mean "de-tox" tea, don't you? We all know "diet" is nothing but a four letter word to Our Whitney. SHE doesn't celebrate weight loss!:)

She's posted an instagram story about the No Barriers Summit.  Apparently her new barnacles, Chase and Ryan "came along for the ride." No Babs! No Glenn! I hope this is because they decided 35 was the cut-off age for following their giant baby around, applauding her every move (and not because of  health issues.)  I'm more inclined to believe Whitney told them to leave her alone with Ryan and Chase so that she could heavily imply to her followers that Chase was coming to be with her.  Poor followers must be sore from tripping over all the heavy hints she's been dropping, all the while refusing to respond to simple questions like "is he your new boyfriend?" or even "is he your new boyfriend or new gay friend?" Chase posted one picture of the two of them sitting a foot apart at a table, laughing, and captioned it "if you didn't know, now you know" which only led to more puzzlement. What I gleaned from that is  - a)still not a couple because she didn't have her hands on him and b) Chase doesn't get that the Biggie quote "if you don't know, now you know" is used when something is being made perfectly clear, not used when providing ambiguous  information.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

She's posted an instagram story about the No Barriers Summit.  Apparently her new barnacles, Chase and Ryan "came along for the ride." No Babs! No Glenn! I hope this is because they decided 35 was the cut-off age for following their giant baby around, applauding her every move (and not because of  health issues.)  I'm more inclined to believe Whitney told them to leave her alone with Ryan and Chase so that she could heavily imply to her followers that Chase was coming to be with her.  Poor followers must be sore from tripping over all the heavy hints she's been dropping, all the while refusing to respond to simple questions like "is he your new boyfriend?" or even "is he your new boyfriend or new gay friend?" Chase posted one picture of the two of them sitting a foot apart at a table, laughing, and captioned it "if you didn't know, now you know" which only led to more puzzlement. What I gleaned from that is  - a)still not a couple because she didn't have her hands on him and b) Chase doesn't get that the Biggie quote "if you don't know, now you know" is used when something is being made perfectly clear, not used when providing ambiguous  information.

I predicted months ago that the new season would include a BF scripted by PMG (production co.). Too much time post-Lennie. The fans, who could never believe a woman can live a fab life without being attachef to a man, were starting to get restless.

I wonder what price Chase demands to squire Twit around?

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Dot said:

I predicted months ago that the new season would include a BF scripted by PMG (production co.). Too much time post-Lennie. The fans, who could never believe a woman can live a fab life without being attachef to a man, were starting to get restless.

I wonder what price Chase demands to squire Twit around?

But I thought it was Buddy!!!! 🙂

• LOL 2
11 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Since Buddy looked like he felt like barfing every time he kissed Twit, PMG probably decided he wasn't a great choice as her beau.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I checked out Chase's FB page.... what a winner!!! Can't hold a job. Former waiter...former waiter...former bartender....former IRS.... nothing listed as his "current" job. Lots of pictures of him totally hammered. 

Sounds like he's just her type. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 6/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, Lemur said:

They sell a box with about $200 worth of leftover makeup, fitness crap and other junk into a $50 box. 

Seems like about 10 years ago, there were lots of TV and web ads for a deal like this, and I thought of getting some for gifts, but the reviews weren't encouraging.

This may be her happy place, but it’s also a public place.  Can you imagine being a family and hiking with your kids and coming upon that?  Geez, cover that shit up!  Nobody is buying what you are selling . . .  or trying to give away . . . Ewww 🤮

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

If Ryan calls Chase his BAE and Whitney has posted that Chase is her BAE, can we have another romantic triangle next season!  Sadly, it would be an improvement over the Heather-Buddy-Whitney triangle last season.  It doesn't matter if Ryan is straight, Chase may only be pretending to be enthralled, Whitney is still in arrested development, anything that stops the portrayal of Mumbles with the penis flute as a heartthrob is an improvement.  It's bad enough, we are suppose to believe Whitney is beating the men off with a stick, but having all these women "devastated" Buddy wasn't gracing their doorstep was preposterous even for "reality" tv.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/22/2019 at 9:49 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

This may be her happy place, but it’s also a public place.  Can you imagine being a family and hiking with your kids and coming upon that?  Geez, cover that shit up!  Nobody is buying what you are selling . . .  or trying to give away . . . Ewww 🤮

That's the thing I don't understand again about the comments on her SM.  Now I thought maybe if she were naked and it's private property I could understand, but it's like the bridal store fiasco, who sits around in their panties in a store.  I don't care if she's size 2 or 32, it's odd behavior.  Even if she prance around her house nude its her business (the camera man might think diiferently) but she is seemingly on display in public view and if that's true it's weird as hell.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

That's the thing I don't understand again about the comments on her SM.  Now I thought maybe if she were naked and it's private property I could understand, but it's like the bridal store fiasco, who sits around in their panties in a store.  I don't care if she's size 2 or 32, it's odd behavior.  Even if she prance around her house nude its her business (the camera man might think diiferently) but she is seemingly on display in public view and if that's true it's weird as hell.

One comment really had me questioning something - Someone said, “You are topless, Why?’ which is a reasonable question, so of course that person was slammed. But one of the responses was ‘why not? It’s not illegal’. First of all, is ‘well it’s legal’ really our yardstick for behavior? But more than that, isn’t a woman running around in a public place with not shirt or even a sports-type bra illegal? I thought being naked in public is illegal except in specific places. Is that not the case? God forbid it becomes legal and common place to run around with nothing on the top. I’m no prude but that’s just unacceptable. 

• Love 8

Another ‘all about me’ Happy Birthday message. ‘Thank you for letting me hold your leg while you give birth?????’ WTF? Who says that???

Only Twit !!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2019 at 9:08 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Doesn’t this woman ever wear clothes???

Neither do the people on My 600 Pound Life. That is her next show - she will fit right in with Steven and Sean and the myriad of others who sported nothing but bedsheets.🤮 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

One comment really had me questioning something - Someone said, “You are topless, Why?’ which is a reasonable question, so of course that person was slammed. But one of the responses was ‘why not? It’s not illegal’. First of all, is ‘well it’s legal’ really our yardstick for behavior? But more than that, isn’t a woman running around in a public place with not shirt or even a sports-type bra illegal? I thought being naked in public is illegal except in specific places. Is that not the case? God forbid it becomes legal and common place to run around with nothing on the top. I’m no prude but that’s just unacceptable. 

Most places have laws that say it's legal for women to go topless anywhere men can go topless. Now most women don't, for a variety of reasons, but technically it's allowed. Indecent exposure pretty much only refers to bottom genitals. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, alabetser said:

Most places have laws that say it's legal for women to go topless anywhere men can go topless. Now most women don't, for a variety of reasons, but technically it's allowed. Indecent exposure pretty much only refers to bottom genitals. 

Honestly, I could even see Whitney making that point about being topless, but sadly I’m not convinced she had pants on either.  She often displays inappropriate behavior.  This may or may not be the case here, but I’m not sure why she feels so many people want to see her nude/semi nude in so many places. I say the same thing about men, who post shirtless pics of themselves on Instagram.  I mean why exactly am I suppose to want to see that, but I guess it’s not for me, it’s for them to inflate their egos.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, alabetser said:

I’m sure this makes me super un-PC but this is just icky.  Of course the vast majority of women  don’t need a law to understand that just because a man doesn’t have a shirt on doesn’t mean it’s acceptable for a woman to just rip hers off too. But our dear Whit doesn’t seem to have a capacity to understand acceptable behavior. 

• Love 7