Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, auntjess said:

And in one of the photos with Ryan(?), her face does look thinner.

I wouldn't put too much weight on the photo (see what I did there?) she is a master of photoshopping herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

So it's fat shaming her if people make negative comments about her working out, and it's fat shaming if people make positive comments while she's working out. 

Got it. Everyone who exists is fat shaming her. 

News flash, Pissney: the Earth revolves around the SUN, not YOU.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Thanks for sharing that article, @3girlsforus.

An excerpt from the article: After years of body struggles stemming from her polycystic ovary syndrome and trying to meet societal expectations — Thore has finally found her ideal workout routine.

“I’m having a great time,” she tells PEOPLE. “I’m healthier, happier and more physically fit than I’ve ever been, at a larger size.”

Twit has all day to work out & be happy b/c she doesn't have a job more than 7 months a year. (And it's part-time during those months.) Who wouldn't be happy with all that time off? I know I am. As a retiree, I can do whatever I want each day. Awaken whenever, with no boss telling me what to do. Twit ain't gonna be so happy when MBFFL ends & she has to go to a 9-to-5 each day. No more sleeping in. No more exercising & swimming all day. 

She also has a long statement about sports bras & how every woman, no matter what size, should wear them to work out. She fails to note that a sports bra is her go-to clothing to wear ANYWHERE.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Thanks for sharing that article, @3girlsforus.

An excerpt from the article: After years of body struggles stemming from her polycystic ovary syndrome and trying to meet societal expectations — Thore has finally found her ideal workout routine.

“I’m having a great time,” she tells PEOPLE. “I’m healthier, happier and more physically fit than I’ve ever been, at a larger size.”

Twit has all day to work out & be happy b/c she doesn't have a job more than 7 months a year. (And it's part-time during those months.) Who wouldn't be happy with all that time off? I know I am. As a retiree, I can do whatever I want each day. Awaken whenever, with no boss telling me what to do. Twit ain't gonna be so happy when MBFFL ends & she has to go to a 9-to-5 each day. No more sleeping in. No more exercising & swimming all day. 

She also has a long statement about sports bras & how every woman, no matter what size, should wear them to work out. She fails to note that a sports bra is her go-to clothing to wear ANYWHERE.

Wait, no mention of her "eating" disorder she claimed ? I doubt she is healthier, we know she aint happier because she is still bitching she is being shamed and she said several times that she is lonely. No Whitney, I wear a sports bra under my t-shirt that I work out in. 

• Love 6

So wait a minute - someone walked by her on the treadmill and said ‘You’re doing great honey, keep it up’ and that’s horribly offensive. But when her fans bury her in praise on Instagram with ‘You are doing great - look at you go - great job - you are an inspiration’ what is that?  She seems to love that. 

And no Whitney - most people don’t workout just in their bra, regardless of size. Running outside - yes - in a gym no. I go to a small, independent gym. Our town also has a couple of CrossFit gyms, Orangetheory, PureBare, and several others. Yes women wear sports bras there - UNDER their shirts. Wearing clothing is not body shaming. Expecting people to wear clothing is not body shaming. 

• Love 9

Well, filming for the new season has begun. Twit sure is confident about her appeal, allowing only one week for 25 men in or around Charlotte to be interested in BBDC.

I wonder how many episodes they'll stretch this into. Twit begins planning for the new BBDC, but Todd doesn't help. Twit stresses over her choreograghy & Glenn soothes her. There's a problem with the venue. And so on.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Most gyms require shirts for hygiene reasons. The only place I work out in outfits like Whitney's is the hot yoga studio.

Yep - I assumed this to be true so I looked up the websites for most of the gyms in my town. All of them specifically say shirt required or shirt must cover midriff. They also give guidance on what kind of shoes and bottoms to wear to be most comfortable. Hot yoga is different. 

So then I went to the website for Will and Jessica’s place. Nothing that says anything about appropriate clothing or even what kind of clothing to wear. There was nothing even under the descriptions of the classes. I would have expected at least a “wear closed toed shoes, comfortable clothing’ type thing, but nada. Guess their place is just a free-for-all. The place Whitney and Ryan film their workouts looks like a gym in an apartment building or something like that. I guarantee they have a dress code and it isn’t - wear a bra. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Dot said:

Well, filming for the new season has begun. Twit sure is confident about her appeal, allowing only one week for 25 men in or around Charlotte to be interested in BBDC.

I wonder how many episodes they'll stretch this into. Twit begins planning for the new BBDC, but Todd doesn't help. Twit stresses over her choreograghy & Glenn soothes her. There's a problem with the venue. And so on.

Well, that's one way to have a horde of men all watching Whit be her "senshus" self.

• LOL 8

I'm idly wondering if it is legal in North Carolina to limit admission to men only? If you are opening your event to the public, in my state at least, you can describe a class like this as being "for men" but you can't prohibit women from attending. Especially if one of the people leading the class is a woman - that wipes out any argument that there are privacy interests that affect men only (like in those nude male yoga classes that are suddenly getting so much publicity).  I'd do the research, but it's a beautiful spring day and I'd rather go for a walk. But I'm sure Whitney's crack team of producers and lawyers have checked this out for her. Or maybe it's a plot line - twenty of Whitney's most frenzied female fans decide to crash the class! Hilarity ensues!

• LOL 4

I think both ClareWalks and Ketzel need a warning. We know that Whitney reads this board. ClareWalks mentions that sports bras as a shirt is acceptable in hot yoga. And now Ketzel talks about naked yoga (YUCK!!). So you know the next thing Whitney will be doing is hot, naked yoga. And it will be all your fault!!

Edited to add - If she posts pictures of hot, naked yoga I’m sending you my psychotherapy bill LOL

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think both ClareWalks and Ketzel need a warning. We know that Whitney reads this board. ClareWalks mentions that sports bras as a shirt is acceptable in hot yoga. And now Ketzel talks about naked yoga (YUCK!!). So you know the next thing Whitney will be doing is hot, naked yoga. And it will be all your fault!!

Edited to add - If she posts pictures of hot, naked yoga I’m sending you my psychotherapy bill LOL

Well, if she posts pictures of hot naked MEN doing yoga.......

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Most gyms require shirts for hygiene reasons. The only place I work out in outfits like Whitney's is the hot yoga studio.

For men, too?

One of my lifelong irritations is that men can go shirtless, armpit & chest hairs waving in the breeze, while women are expected -- nay, required -- to cover their torsos. (I'm not advocating for topless women, BTW. I just think that men should have to wear shirts, too.)

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Dot said:

For men, too?

One of my lifelong irritations is that men can go shirtless, armpit & chest hairs waving in the breeze, while women are expected -- nay, required -- to cover their torsos. (I'm not advocating for topless women, BTW. I just think that men should have to wear shirts, too.)

Yes, thankfully. I agree with you. The "shirts" rule is about decency as well as having something on to catch sweat. MRSA can be spread through sweat at the gym.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Yes, thankfully. I agree with you. The "shirts" rule is about decency as well as having something on to catch sweat. MRSA can be spread through sweat at the gym.

Interestingly, not only did Will/Jessica’s gym not have instructions on what to wear but he does have a photo of a man, I think Will, working out without a shirt. Guess they aren’t worried about MRSA.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

The gym I go to requires shirts. A few of the men (and women) push the limits by wearing shirts that are essentially open from the armpit to just above the waist, with extremely deep necklines. But going shirtless will get you spoken to by the fitness director. Second time, you're warned. Third time and your membership is revoked. 

Now, if they'd only do something about the fatass guy in the pool who wears his swim trunks so low they show 60% of his buttcrack, and in front are in danger of exposing his junk.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Now, if they'd only do something about the fatass guy in the pool who wears his swim trunks so low they show 60% of his buttcrack, and in front are in danger of exposing his junk.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s pathetic that there are people out there who warrant a discussion about whether a woman should put a shirt on In public or a man should pull up his pants. Aren’t these things we learn when we are preschoolers (or before)????

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s pathetic that there are people out there who warrant a discussion about whether a woman should put a shirt on In public or a man should pull up his pants. Aren’t these things we learn when we are preschoolers (or before)????

Judging by current fashion, apparently not. (People aren't learning it in preschool, or anywhere else.) I agree, it's beyond pathetic. 

OK, I get it. EVERY generation has its fashion that the older generation finds outrageous (in my day, it was skirts and dresses that *barely* covered your drawers. I had the figure and the legs for it, so I wore my share of both.) But I don't get the baggy pants thing, or bras with tube tops. What's the fascination with showing your underwear? 

Edited by Colleenna
Edited for clarity AND an additional thought.
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I saw an older guy at my college's pool (15 years ago) wearing actual tighty-whities as a swimsuit. It was HORRIFYING.

Musta been, if the memory has lasted that long! 😵 (Trust me -- I believe you.)

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Colleenna said:

The gym I go to requires shirts. A few of the men (and women) push the limits by wearing shirts that are essentially open from the armpit to just above the waist, with extremely deep necklines. But going shirtless will get you spoken to by the fitness director. Second time, you're warned. Third time and your membership is revoked. 

Careful now. Whitney would call that a classic example of "fat shaming"!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I saw an older guy at my college's pool (15 years ago) wearing actual tighty-whities as a swimsuit. It was HORRIFYING.

I actually spit my coffee readi g that! LOL

• Love 2
5 hours ago, B in Lee said:

Careful now. Whitney would call that a classic example of "fat shaming"!

You know what’s ironic is that the person in charge of enforcing a gym dress code that applies to everyone would be the most hesitant to enforce a shirt rule with a fat person because they would instantly scream ‘fat shaming’. The fact that all people of all sizes are required to follow these rules tends to be beside the point for those looking to be offended. 

• Love 9
On 4/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, Dot said:

As a retiree, I can do whatever I want each day. Awaken whenever, with no boss telling me what to do. Twit ain't gonna be so happy when MBFFL ends & she has to go to a 9-to-5 each day. No more sleeping in. No more exercising & swimming all day. 

The was hell for me and honestly probably Whit. When I was unemployed I was going fucking crazy because of the lack of structure and socialization opportunities even though I was literally doing hundreds of hours of volunteer work.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, John M said:

The was hell for me and honestly probably Whit. When I was unemployed I was going fucking crazy because of the lack of structure and socialization opportunities even though I was literally doing hundreds of hours of volunteer work.

I just retired. I have a to do list and fun goals list each a mile long. 

Love it. But then,  I'm an introvert and a reader. I have 2 book clubs,  church, and some  church volunteering,  and will be visiting family in other states this summer.  Tons of shows on my dvr and netflix lists waiting.  Oh, and aqua zumba 3x a week which is super fun cuzz of a great dance teacher. 

Right now I'm up in the mtns of Colorado for a long weekend with a friend. Just for fun.  Not spending alot of $ shopping, just enjoying the scenery, new restaurants and bars, and art galleries.

Life is good. 

But then,  I'm not a desperate 400 lb Single woman overly enmeshed with my parents. I'm normal,  I think.  

Edited by Tosia
I really like this life.
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I just retired. I have a to do list and fun goals list each a mile long. 

Love it. But then,  I'm an introvert and a reader. I have 2 book clubs,  church, and some  church volunteering,  and will be visiting family in other states this summer.  Tons of shows on my dvr and netflix lists waiting.  Oh, and aqua zumba 3x a week which is super fun cuzz of a great dance teacher. 

Right now I'm up in the mtns of Colorado for a long weekend with a friend. Just for fun.  Not spending alot of $ shopping, just enjoying the scenery, new restaurants and bars, and art galleries.

Life is good. 

But then,  I'm not a desperate 400 lb Single woman overly enmeshed with my parents. I'm normal,  I think.  

I retired early, and love every second of it. I have some structure in my life --- I get up at pretty much the same time every morning, but nowhere near the buttcrack of dawn that I did when I was working. I go to the gym at sorta the same time, and spend about the same amount of time there each visit (3.5 hours) and my grocery and errand days don't vary. I'm on the Internet A LOT, always looking for new books to read, new exercises to try, new vegetarian recipes. Evening are spent watching sports on TV --- Pens hockey, Pirates baseball, Steelers football.  In the event that there's none of these on TV, we watch shows we've DVR'd.

OK, I think I just figured out why my husband sometimes calls me Sheldon Cooper. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Twit has an IG profile story today with the caption: "When the crew sets up a Video Village in your bathroom, you hold your pee."

Too bad she didn't see that as an option when she was in the Alasker hot tub.

Edited by Dot
typos
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Dot said:

Twit has an IG profile story today with the caption: "When the crew sets up a Video Village in your batroom, you hold your pee."

Too bad she didn't see that as an option when she was in the Alasker hot fub.

My, my, what a typically mature and classy way for Whitney to let us all know that SHE IS FILMING FOR ANOTHER SEASON!!!

Ugh.

• LOL 2
On 4/24/2019 at 1:00 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Interestingly, not only did Will/Jessica’s gym not have instructions on what to wear but he does have a photo of a man, I think Will, working out without a shirt. Guess they aren’t worried about MRSA.

That is pretty standard for crossfit gyms. Crossfit gyms are notorious for not having A/C so even at my gym in the burbs of Chicago half the clientele at any given moment, male or female, are shirtless. 

Most of the shirtless ones are the younger crowd. I would very rarely ditch my shirt, mainly because most of the other girls had six packs and I did not. LOL. I didn't see anyone under 30 really without a shirt, especially not the women. 

My gym owner was psychotic about getting the floor clean every day, but yeah it was pretty gross and sweaty every summer.

On 4/19/2019 at 3:38 PM, Emma C said:

Get ready for this:

Six repping half your body weight on deadlift is not a feat of strength. I rep *more* than my own body weight for three sets of six.

On 4/22/2019 at 1:03 PM, Nmarie33 said:

Whit can't execute anything properly, and she's also very weak compared to say a 200 pound woman who has been training hard. Whit would get destroyed in this kind of competition, so I don't think she would ever participate.

Whit is very weak compared to me and I weigh a lot less than 200 pounds. I would bet my ass I could out 1-RM her in a powerlifting competition any day on any lift at all.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I retired early, and love every second of it. I have some structure in my life --- I get up at pretty much the same time every morning, but nowhere near the buttcrack of dawn that I did when I was working. I go to the gym at sorta the same time, and spend about the same amount of time there each visit (3.5 hours) and my grocery and errand days don't vary. I'm on the Internet A LOT, always looking for new books to read, new exercises to try, new vegetarian recipes. Evening are spent watching sports on TV --- Pens hockey, Pirates baseball, Steelers football.  In the event that there's none of these on TV, we watch shows we've DVR'd.

OK, I think I just figured out why my husband sometimes calls me Sheldon Cooper. 

Penguins ice hockey?   I watch Colorado Avalanche. 

Loved Jaromir Jagr and his mullet.  Still do. 

And his peanut butter.  !

32 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Six repping half your body weight on deadlift is not a feat of strength. I rep *more* than my own body weight for three sets of six.

Whit is very weak compared to me and I weigh a lot less than 200 pounds. I would bet my ass I could out 1-RM her in a powerlifting competition any day on any lift at all.

Well in all fairness, even women who are in fairly good shape are weak compared to you....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Well in all fairness, even women who are in fairly good shape are weak compared to you....

I'm far from being a top contender in my weight class for lifting. They out deadlift and out squat me by double what I can do.

• Love 1
On 4/24/2019 at 10:43 AM, Ketzel said:

I'm idly wondering if it is legal in North Carolina to limit admission to men only? If you are opening your event to the public, in my state at least, you can describe a class like this as being "for men" but you can't prohibit women from attending. Especially if one of the people leading the class is a woman - that wipes out any argument that there are privacy interests that affect men only (like in those nude male yoga classes that are suddenly getting so much publicity).  I'd do the research, but it's a beautiful spring day and I'd rather go for a walk. But I'm sure Whitney's crack team of producers and lawyers have checked this out for her. Or maybe it's a plot line - twenty of Whitney's most frenzied female fans decide to crash the class! Hilarity ensues!

Nude yoga are two things that don't go together 😶

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

Nude yoga are two things that don't go together 😶

I agree - just like World Naked Gardening day. Some things just don’t belong naked. Like Seinfeld used to say ‘There is good naked and bad naked”

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree - just like World Naked Gardening day. Some things just don’t belong naked. Like Seinfeld used to say ‘There is good naked and bad naked”

A woman I used to know used to say there's naked, and there's nekkid. Naked means you have no clothes on. If you're nekkid, you have no clothes on, and you're up to something. 

😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 4/24/2019 at 12:15 AM, Dot said:

So I just looked a little closer at this. This event is TOMORROW!! She just posted about it 3 days ago. Does she really think she has so many male followers in Charlotte that they will change their plans and flock to this event with just a couple days notice? I want to know how many of these attendees end up being friends of Ryan that he’s forced to recruit so Whit doesn’t look like an idiot. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/23/2019 at 9:15 PM, Dot said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I do not want to accept the idea that this garbage has been renewed for another season. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

So I just looked a little closer at this. This event is TOMORROW!! She just posted about it 3 days ago. Does she really think she has so many male followers in Charlotte that they will change their plans and flock to this event with just a couple days notice? I want to know how many of these attendees end up being friends of Ryan that he’s forced to recruit so Whit doesn’t look like an idiot. 

If that happens, she'll look like an idiot either way, because I doubt that Ryan has any obese male friends, let alone 25 of them who'd be willing to show up on television taking a pseudo-Zumba class on 24 hours notice.  On the other hand, she could probably summon 25 of her fans and ask them to dress in drag - her more fervent admirers on instagram were already joking about doing that just so they could come.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

If that happens, she'll look like an idiot either way, because I doubt that Ryan has any obese male friends, let alone 25 of them who'd be willing to show up on television taking a pseudo-Zumba class on 24 hours notice.  On the other hand, she could probably summon 25 of her fans and ask them to dress in drag - her more fervent admirers on instagram were already joking about doing that just so they could come.

Funny - It didn’t actually occur to me it would be a fat man class. I guess since Todd isn’t fat and she isn’t calling it Big Boy Dance Class it just slipped my mind. But you’re right - Ryan probably doesn’t have many obese male friends. Guess TLC will be out there finding fat men who need money and are available at a moment’s notice. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 4/22/2019 at 10:25 AM, Ketzel said:

You're making a BIG assumption - that whatever weight-related competition Whitney enters would be legit.  Yeah, not so much.

So far we've seen a fake ballroom dance competition, a fake dance Inspiration award, a fake "appearance" at the National Folk Festival, a fake "gig" as a belly dancer, a fake Cross Fit competition with Buddy, a fake tour with the Fitness Marshall . . . I'm quite sure the producers would be capable of putting together a fake weight lifting something-or-other that Whitney would win.

Don’t forget fake BGDC 

• Love 5
On 4/25/2019 at 7:11 PM, Colleenna said:

I read this as “penis hockey” and got excited. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

What would be great to watch is if she got a real life, not the made up garbage shown each season.  Six seasons of her fake exercising at the gym with no results.  Boring.  She is getting paid to look like a fool (TLC has many shows like that).  People are just watching for the train wreck thing.  She is sometimes embarrassing to even watch.  Doesn't she see what she looks like with the things she does and says?  She does not come off as sexy like she tries to portray and this has nothing to do with her weight, it is her.

• Love 9

I've said it before: most of the photos Twit chooses to plug both her clothing line & exercise program do her no favors. Here she is, giant gut hanging out over her leggings. Can anyone find this an attractive pose in which to sell both her products?

• Love 7