Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

She just posted on her profile that it’s been 8 days since she’s combed and washed her hair - and that she’s going to let it go at least one more day. Is that as gross as it sounds? I’ve heard people say her extensions need different care but it sounds nasty to me. 

Even with extensions, don’t you at least wash your scalp regularly? Ish! I have been thinking that all the spec about her not showering enough had to be incorrect but OMG. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Even with extensions, don’t you at least wash your scalp regularly? Ish! I have been thinking that all the spec about her not showering enough had to be incorrect but OMG. 

I definitely thought so but I wanted to be sure since I have no experience with extensions. It sounds from the responses that not watching your hair for 8 days is just as gross and unacceptable with extensions as it is without.

Since the video is on the profile is will disappear, if it hasn’t already, but when she brushes it up you can see the first few inches closest to her scalp stick straight up as if glued in that position from the grease. So nasty. 

I don’t get the no bathing thing. We’ve seen her in her shower. We know she fits and doesn’t seem to need another person to take a shower. So there is no physical reason she can’t do it. She’s just freaking lazy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Maybe she’s using dry shampoo?  Or she’s gone no-Poo (I didn’t know that was a thing until a friend went low-Poo).   I don’t understand why, but people do that and find it superior to washing their hair.  My grandma had her hair “set” every Friday, and didn’t wash or brush it between (did have a metal pic type thing to re-fluff during the week).  But, if any of these semi reasonable things explains why, she might want to mention it rather than just presenting as the unwashed.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, CousinOliver said:

Maybe she’s using dry shampoo?  Or she’s gone no-Poo (I didn’t know that was a thing until a friend went low-Poo).   I don’t understand why, but people do that and find it superior to washing their hair.  My grandma had her hair “set” every Friday, and didn’t wash or brush it between (did have a metal pic type thing to re-fluff during the week).  But, if any of these semi reasonable things explains why, she might want to mention it rather than just presenting as the unwashed.  

That was my first thought until I realized her words were ‘I just took my hair out of a bun and brushed it for the first time in 8 days’. That doesn’t sound like dry shampoo instead.

I know old ladies who do the once a week thing. Elderly hair is very much different than a 30 something woman’s hair and usually those who do that have the old lady hair poof - not long hair down their back. 

• Love 10

Yes. I do have a lot of experience with extensions (my own; I'm not a hairstylist). I'm blond and my hair tends toward oily though less so as I've gotten older. I used to wash my hair daily. With extensions, I wash it every other day. On the occasions that I skip two days, it does start to look greasy and I can get by putting it up or using dry shampoo, but I feel like it's kind of gross and itchy when I let it go that long.

There is no reason you can't wash your hair (where you should concentrate more on your scalp with the suds) as often as you always did pre-extensions. You just have to be careful to keep oils and conditioner away from the adhesive as they will loosen the bonds. 

The longest in recent memory I went without washing my hair was six days. I was hospitalized and had a bunch of IVs so a shower wasn't pragmatic. I was also pretty anemic so any physical exertion was exhausting. I got home from the hospital around 9 p.m. and the first thing I did after petting the dogs was to take a long, hot shower and wash my hair. It was nasty. I wouldn't voluntarily do it again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I'm no hair expert but it seems like 9 days worth of oil and build-up wouldn't be great for extensions either. Far worse than gentle washing and combing.

And like the hot tub thing, even if she does something gross, why is she announcing it to the world?! Girl has zero shame or self awareness. 

• Love 15
19 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

I’m a mix of no-poo and low-poo, which works great for my hair, but that’s not what Whitney’s doing. No-poo people basically don’t use any shampoo type product at all- most of them co-wash (which means washing with a conditioner). You still scrub your scalp and clean your hair with water, but don’t use the harsh chemicals (like sulfates) that are in traditional shampoos. You’re just adding moisture with the conditioner. Lo-poo means you will use some sort of mild, often-creamy cleansing product with a little more oomph than you get with a co-wash, but you still avoid sulfates, etc. 

I have long, dry, curly hair so this method works very well for me. I don’t get greasy hair in the slightest and my scalp is in great shape. It’s wonderful for the health of curly hair, which can be rather delicate. If anyone is interested, you can google Curly Girl Method or go over to naturally curly.com, where there are articles and forums, products, salons, etc.

I do think, as a society, we overcleanse our hair, but it’s taken a lot of experimentation to figure out what is best for the health of my particular hair and scalp. It’s not a lazy approach to hair care. (I mean, it is easier than the 2 hours I used to spend straightening my hair) It’s all about rocking your natural texture and really paying attention to the health of your hair and scalp. And again, what Whitney’s doing- we curly girls want no part of that. From the looks of her hair (and I know- PCOS), she’s not taking particularly good care of it. 🤮

ETA: A couple of weeks ago I was showering at the spa and realized I was almost out of my low-poo, but I needed to get salt water out of my hair. So I used a bit of whatever was in the shower, much to my dismay. For a couple of days after, my scalp felt so dry and itchy. And weirdly greasy too (maybe there were silicones in it, which we also avoid on The Method). Anyway, I didn’t want to wash right away and strip my poor scalp more so I just had to wait it out. A few days later, my scalp was so happy to be back to its low-poo!

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I'm super low maintenance with my hair. I use a 2-in-1 S/C once or twice a week, and dry shampoo and hydrating spray in between. Partly because I don't have to look super nice for my job at an elementary school cafeteria, but also, not to strip my scalp of all the natural stuff it needs. Does my hair always look amazing? Absolutely not. But don't conflate not shampooing with not showering! I shower daily, sometimes twice (just the pits and the vag after a sweaty day at work... detachable sprayer is good for oh so many things... 😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I wash my hair once a week, which works great when my hair is longer (it's currently shoulder length and I plan to grow it out a bit more). When I had a pixie cut, I did need to wash on average every other day because there was just no place for my scalp oil to go. Bathing wise though... I shower every day. I just hate the feel of being sweaty or dirty. And in the summer, I'll often shower twice a day (once in the morning and when I get home from work) just because I do get sweaty and I live in the land of humidity and grossness. 

As far as Whitney goes, she always strikes me as being seriously hygienically challenged. I don't have extensions, but from what I read, so long as she uses a sulfate-free shampoo (to protect the color and the bonding glue) and doesn't apply conditioner to her roots, she should be able to wash her hair on a regular basis. My rule of thumb is that when it reaches the point when dry shampoo isn't helping, it's time to wash.  

• Love 6

I don’t doubt anyone’s experience with hair.  Personally, mine does best with an every other day wash (and maybe every third day, given that I’m graying and the hair is drying out).  But, even though that’s best for my hair, if I work out or go to an amusement park or otherwise sweat (not hard to do in Florida), I have to wash my hair, too (not just shower my body or use conditioner), because it’s soaked with sweat for about 1-2 inches from the scalp.  So, I wash to avoid being itchy, breaking out on my scalp, and the sweaty hair drying and stinking, but pay the price with drying out my hair.  Going a week without shampoo and conditioner sounds like my nightmare, but I know plenty of folks do it and they’re not gross/disgusting.  

• Love 1

Every once in a while the comments on her IG page go from dense to down right delusional. Today is one of those days. Here is a gem:

Would love to see you & Buddy together! He needs a nurturing soul like yours in his life...

NURTURING SOUL????? What the hell show is this person watching??? Maybe she confused nurturing with narcissistic. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Mollysmom said:

So she is intentionally saying "Alasker" - I see she typed it out in the IG post. I want to slap her every time she says it!

Yes she’s doing it on purpose. She thinks it’s “cute”. 🤮

• Love 5

If you click on Twit's face on her Instagram there's a video of the guy she makes "exercise" videos with using one of the cats as a dumbbell (har har).  You can see the poor cat trying to squirm away from the idiot but it can't.  Cats aren't toys Twit!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

If you click on Twit's face on her Instagram there's a video of the guy she makes "exercise" videos with using one of the cats as a dumbbell (har har).  You can see the poor cat trying to squirm away from the idiot but it can't.  Cats aren't toys Twit!

This isn't the first video of Asshole Ryan doing this & Asshole Twit thinking it's so cute that she's filmed it.

I hope hell for the both of them is filled with hungry mountain lions.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

More ‘off motion’ videos for nobsactive on her instagram profile. From what I see it looks like she doesn’t want to show us regular motion because she’s barely moving. 

She has a vid on her IG page (I can actually see some of her stuff) with Ryan, who is wearing a meat tshirt (or at least that's what it looks like.) Some of the comments are skewering, like "gee, your feet almost left the ground...." 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

She doesn't even really move her arms, just kind of waves them around and points. Her other 'moves' are basically wiggling and twitching her upper body. Oh, and lumbering slowly around to point enthusiastically at people who are actually moving.

This reminds me of the most recent 600 Lb. Life episode, where Jeanne is 'exercising' with what looks like an old headband, which she stretches in different directions!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I marvel at how she puts together all of this choreography without lifting a single foot. It's Sit and be Fit set to music.

I remember that public access show!!!!😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

I remember that public access show!!!!😂

She needs to rebrand. What Whitney calls dancing would be perfect for Dr. Now's barely mobile patients.  Some arm waving, some hip wriggling and Voila! Dr. Now's requirement for light activity is met. Quit calling it dance, cause it aint that.  Not anymore. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

She needs to rebrand. What Whitney calls dancing would be perfect for Dr. Now's barely mobile patients.  Some arm waving, some hip wriggling and Voila! Dr. Now's requirement for light activity is met. Quit calling it dance, cause it aint that.  Not anymore. 

I actually considered opening my own personal training business, where I would travel to the homes of those who are so obese that they lack mobility, or are "too ashamed" to go to a public gym/Y . Nutrition advice included! Some enterprising YOUNGER personal trainer should do this. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
On 3/14/2019 at 11:42 AM, Dot said:

This isn't the first video of Asshole Ryan doing this & Asshole Twit thinking it's so cute that she's filmed it.

I hope hell for the both of them is filled with hungry mountain lions.

Treatment of animals on that show is the reason I quit watching after the pet pig.

• Love 6
On 3/13/2019 at 12:43 PM, Mollysmom said:

So she is intentionally saying "Alasker" - I see she typed it out in the IG post. I want to slap her every time she says it!

She calls Hawaii “how are ya” and no, I did not make that up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, sempervivum said:

She doesn't even really move her arms, just kind of waves them around and points. Her other 'moves' are basically wiggling and twitching her upper body. Oh, and lumbering slowly around to point enthusiastically at people who are actually moving.

I am a mediocre singer at best. But I used to make the area karaoke rounds with my (much more popular and talented) friends, and I have a tried-and-true method for fooling people into thinking I'm good. Pick an earwig, a highly loved song, a nostalgia song, especially something someone hasn't thought about in a long time (I Believe in a Thing Called Love, The Bad Touch, NKOTB, I'm Too Sexy, etc.). Start the song, and by the first chorus, you should be dancing among the crowd and passing the mic around. NO ONE KNOWS you can barely hold a tune, they think you're great and everyone has a good time.

Where's my show?

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I actually considered opening my own personal training business, where I would travel to the homes of those who are so obese that they lack mobility, or are "too ashamed" to go to a public gym/Y . Nutrition advice included! Some enterprising YOUNGER personal trainer should do this. 

Seeing some of the houses on My 600 Lb Life, it would probably require hazard pay. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, alabetser said:

Seeing some of the houses on My 600 Lb Life, it would probably require hazard pay. 

Which is part of why I didn't do it. Add sketchy neighborhoods and the fact that I'm old and cranky and don't want to cut into MY gym time..... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I don't think a thighmaster would fit in the 1/10" of space between her hams. 

Ahem. I think you may be over-estimating the available space. The "chub rub" episodes seem to indicate there is no available space at all.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Colleenna said:

It's a noble idea.  

OTOH, wd you voluntarily go into some of the filthy  hovels shown on 600 pounders ?  

Not everyone has the space or equipment, or  a garage-turned-dance-studio,  or a co-signer daddy, or TLC show to pay for it all. 

Or a fake dance class held only at camera time. 

On reflection, I just connected this debacle of a show and 600 lb. life with real people I have known. 

I had 3 very obese, dear friends in my life. Two have passed,  (in their 70's), so they surpassed the odds. 

All were professional, academic women. They just weren't interested in exercise. They had  active social lives, and traveled. My surviving friend is the sweetest, nicest person I ever met.  She still teaches at the college level, in her 70's. 

Lovely souls, all.

I guess it's really a disconnect to see Twit acting a fool and the tragedy of arrested development resulting from trauma that the 600 lb. people manifest , compared to my friends, who had goals and created careers to support themselves (and families), successfully, that makes me realize what depths TLC has sunk. 

I guess normal doesn't cut it on TV.  

I know,  I just fell off the turnip truck. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

She can pitch it to him on the inevitable crossover episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Twit's doing one of her fave things, viz., taking a cheek-to-cheek selfie with a good-looking man -- in this case, Keir. Since it's in her IG profile, it may not last long enuf for her fans to slobber over him as her new man.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/16/2019 at 8:47 AM, Tosia said:

I know,  I just fell off the turnip truck. 

Oh my God, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone but my mother use this phrase! None of us had ever heard it elsewhere, we were beginning to think she made it up.

In our defense, she frequently used phrases like "He's really under the 8 ball now", "He's going to beat him with his own game", and once described me as being so sick I was "weak as a chicken"...so we had good reason to question our mother's little sayings.

Regarding the tattoo pics above...not only are they fugly, they aren't even identical! I didn't notice that on the latest riveting episode of "I've got nothing going on in my life, so let's watch me coming home from the store with batteries and toilet paper so I can save my loser friends from this hurricane."

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 3/15/2019 at 12:36 PM, Brooklynista said:

I marvel at how she puts together all of this choreography without lifting a single foot. It's Sit and be Fit set to music.

I know.  She goes after Todd, and talks about "my girls want new things," but all she does is wiggle.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮 You need to warn someone if you are going to post something so nasty LOL!!!

Speaking of, that’s what Buddy looks like he’s about to do—vomit. Right in her open mouth. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Speaking of, that’s what Buddy looks like he’s about to do—vomit. Right in her open mouth. 

Brooke Shields was interviewed and photographed with her daughter when she was a toddler. She was holding the girl above her head and giggling and the baby did just that - threw up right into Brooke’s open mouth. At least People posted a warning before they told that story. 

• Love 2