Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I love the "if you hate it, don't watch" crowd. They don't seem to understand that hate-watchers constitute at least 75% of her viewership. If the haters didn't watch, the show would be canceled immediately.

Let's try an experiment: for the episode airing THIS WEEK, don't watch and don't DVR it. Tell everyone else you know who hate watches to do the same. (You can always DVR it at a later date.) Then let's see what happens to her numbers........

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

So according to her Instagram profile this is the second anniversary of the publication of her FIRST book. I fear for what that must mean.

Yeah, she keeps calling it that. She also often refers to herself as an author. And just recently I noticed her part-time, min. wage job on Heather's ex-hubby's radio show is no longer producer but now radio personality. (Or something similar; I may not be quite rigth.)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Dot said:

Yeah, she keeps calling it that. She also often refers to herself as an author. And just recently I noticed her part-time, min. wage job on Heather's ex-hubby's radio show is no longer producer but now radio personality. (Or something similar; I may not be quite rigth.)

I looked up the book on Amazon and I was surprised to see that there doesn’t appear to be a “with” credit indicating a ghost or writing helper. Isn’t that normally something that is somewhere either on the book or in the details? There is no way she wrote that book on her own. She can’t even use full words. I haven’t read it (nor do I plan to) but I’m assuming it has complete sentences with proper English and that means Whitney didn’t write it.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I looked up the book on Amazon and I was surprised to see that there doesn’t appear to be a “with” credit indicating a ghost or writing helper. Isn’t that normally something that is somewhere either on the book or in the details?

@Ketzel, Keeper of the Holy Text, does she indicate in any way that she had assistance in writing the book? I agree with @3girlsforus. And if not actually ghosted, it would have had to have been heavily edited to get rid of Twit's purple prose. Does she indicate a ghost or editor in her acknowledgements of elsewhere? (Tho narcissistic that she is, she may not confess to assistance.)

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Dot said:

@Ketzel, Keeper of the Holy Text, does she indicate in any way that she had assistance in writing the book? I agree with @3girlsforus. And if not actually ghosted, it would have had to have been heavily edited to get rid of Twit's purple prose. Does she indicate a ghost or editor in her acknowledgements of elsewhere? (Tho narcissistic that she is, she may not confess to assistance.)

Well, she *was* an English major, so she probably can actually write complete sentences. She chooses not to write/speak in complete words and sentences in order to appear "hip," "with it," or whatever the current vernacular equivalent is. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Dot said:

25 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Well, she *was* an English major, so she probably can actually write complete sentences. She chooses not to write/speak in complete words and sentences in order to appear "hip," "with it," or whatever the current vernacular equivalent is. 

No reference to a co-writer that I can find. However, in the "acknowledgments" she thanks her editor for having patience dealing with a novice, incredibly high-strung and anxious author. More to the point, she thanks her "project manager, superwoman and friend" for "constant guidance, gentle pushes and endless reassurances." She goes on to gush, "[y]ou made me believe I could write a book . . .because you believed in me and because you held my hand through every single stage. I could never have done this without you (like, literally I'd still be on Chapter 1). I could never repay you for all the time and emotional energy you poured into this project and me. I am fortunate to have worked with such  brilliant, beautiful, remarkable woman . . ."

I don't know if she's mentioned it anywhere else, but she doesn't say she majored in English in college. She says she was allowed to enroll in advanced dance classes as a freshman and then she dropped her dance major after she put on fifty pounds and got an F in one or more of her dance class. Then she implies her graduation degree (after five years) was in theatre.  As I've said before, her writing is not known for clarity or chronological consistency, so she could have majored in anything, I suppose.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

No reference to a co-writer that I can find. However, in the "acknowledgments" she thanks her editor for having patience dealing with a novice, incredibly high-strung and anxious author. More to the point, she thanks her "project manager" . . .

Then she implies her graduation degree (after five years) was in theatre.  As I've said before, her writing is not known for clarity or chronological consistency, so she could have majored in anything, I suppose.

I'm sure I've read or heard her state that she got her degree in theater. (Maybe in one of those Q&As she does periodically.)

@Ketzel, does she give any details about this "project manager"? Name? Location? Credentials/background in publishing or similar? Affiliation w the publishing co.? Anything? And why is she called a "project manager"? That's someone you report to when you're writing a tech manual.

BTW, a reviewer says it's "a wonderful book" that should have been on the NYT's best seller list when it first came out. His name is Glenn William Thore.

Oh, anothet Q for you, @Ketzel. Is this a real publishing company or one of those vanity presses you pay to print & publish your book? (You can sometimes tell by the print quality but not always.)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Dot said:

I'm sure I've read or heard her state that she got her degree in theater. (Maybe in one of those Q&As she does periodically.)

@Ketzel, does she give any details about this "project manager"? Name? Location? Credentials/background in publishing or similar? Affiliation w the publishing co.? Anything? And why is she called a "project manager"? That's someone you report to when you're writing a tech manual.

BTW, a reviewer says it's "a wonderful book" that should have been on the NYT's best seller list when it first came out. His name is Glenn William Thore.

Oh, anothet Q for you, @Ketzel. Is this a real publishing company or one of those vanity presses you pay to print & publish your book? (You can sometimes tell by the print quality but not always.)

Can't slide anything by you, Dot! The "project manager' is Rennie Dyball, "author, editor, ghostwriter, book doctor" according to her website.  Whitney gives her the following testimonial:  "I can’t wait to work with Rennie again on another book. A task that first seemed insurmountable was broken up into manageable pieces with a lot of laughter and a-ha moments sprinkled on top."

— WHITNEY WAY THORE, AUTHOR

Who published the book was one of my first questions when it fell into my little sticky paws. I was surprised to see the publisher is Penguin Random House, under the Ballantine Books imprint, which carries significant publishing status.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/4/2019 at 1:37 PM, Colleenna said:

Let's try an experiment: for the episode airing THIS WEEK, don't watch and don't DVR it. Tell everyone else you know who hate watches to do the same. (You can always DVR it at a later date.) Then let's see what happens to her numbers........

I’m not recording it. Don’t think I can stand any more of the incessant screaming and hollering. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I find it fascinating that there hasn’t been any Instagram activity on the Nobsactive page for over 2 weeks. Not really the way to promote a new business.

But she (and Ryan) have 20,000 subscribers! She just said so on that morning program a couple of weeks ago! Who needs marketing when you've already got a reliable income stream of $400,000 a month?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

But she (and Ryan) have 20,000 subscribers! She just said so on that morning program a couple of weeks ago! Who needs marketing when you've already got a reliable income stream of $400,000 a month?

Well that explains why she isn’t concerned about post-TLC employment. At nearly 5 million a year she will be set for life with nobsactive. After all we know it’s going to last forever 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Thanks, @Ketzel. So it seems, from yr research, given what Rennie Dyball says about herself, is that Twit's "project manager" label is a euphenism (aka Twit lie) for ghost writer.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Dot said:

Technically, she was on air during the radio show as a sidekick type role. She actually still does voiceovers for commercials for advertisers on the radio show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/1/2019 at 12:42 PM, sempervivum said:

Disclaimer (again): I don't actually watch this show, but I read this thread for laughs.

If you enjoy this, PLEASE go to the My 600 Lb Life threads, and especially read the live chats from ones like Schenee, James K, and the longest ones are going to be the biggest shitfests.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Ketzel said:

More to the point, she thanks her "project manager, superwoman and friend" for "constant guidance, gentle pushes and endless reassurances." She goes on to gush, "[y]ou made me believe I could write a book . . .because you believed in me and because you held my hand through every single stage. I could never have done this without you (like, literally I'd still be on Chapter 1). I could never repay you for all the time and emotional energy you poured into this project and me. I am fortunate to have worked with such  brilliant, beautiful, remarkable woman . . ."

Does she name this person, or do you know who it is?

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

so she posts this piece of vileness and all the responses are how amazing she is and how people want her to do that to them. UGH

"I'm still single". Yeah, no shit. Because most men aren't interested in women who pee in hot tubs, lick glaciers and scream their way across Alaska. Not even the lonely Yeti watching from a  distance is going to come out for that.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

so she posts this piece of vileness and all the responses are how amazing she is and how people want her to do that to them. UGH

We seriously need a puke emoji.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, auntjess said:
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, sempervivum said:

Disclaimer (again): I don't actually watch this show, but I read this thread for laughs.

If you enjoy this, PLEASE go to the My 600 Lb Life threads, and especially read the live chats from ones like Schenee, James K, and the longest ones are going to be the biggest shitfests.

Oh, I already do. I got to the Whitney thread via the Pounders!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

"I'm still single". Yeah, no shit. Because most men aren't interested in women who pee in hot tubs, lick glaciers and scream their way across Alaska. Not even the lonely Yeti watching from a  distance is going to come out for that.

That is not licking. I’m not sure what it is, but it’s not licking. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 3/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, Ketzel said:

Fools. (Subscribers)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Well, she *was* an English major

There is a big difference between teaching english and english as a second language. Does anyone remember that sad sack from 90Day Fiance - Happily Ever After? (David?) was a failed politician who lost 100 lb went to somewhere in Asia met and married a girl who worked in a d*ck s*ck bar. I think the only way he or Twit was qualified was that they could speak English and were desperate to work in a very low paying job. I am beginning to think it is the equivalent to working in a sweatshop to provide for the native population's upper class.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Me from ME said:

There is a big difference between teaching english and english as a second language. Does anyone remember that sad sack from 90Day Fiance - Happily Ever After? (David?) was a failed politician who lost 100 lb went to somewhere in Asia met and married a girl who worked in a d*ck s*ck bar. I think the only way he or Twit was qualified was that they could speak English and were desperate to work in a very low paying job. I am beginning to think it is the equivalent to working in a sweatshop to provide for the native population's upper class.

There was a time that any idiot from an English speaking country could get a job teaching English but those days are long gone.  Today anywhere in Asia you need a minimum of a college degree, a TEFL/CELTA, and/or teaching experience.  The jobs pay very well, especially compared to the local economy.  Minimum pay in South Korea is about $2,500 dollars a month, free housing, health coverage, meals during the school day, return flight once a year, and a bonus of one month's pay and pension contributions at the end.  In Thailand the minimum is about 1,000 a month plus the same benefits.  That's just the minimum-more qualified people make more.  I taught English in South Korea at the same time Whitney did.  What you're saying simply is not true.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, minamreeka said:

There was a time that any idiot from an English speaking country could get a job teaching English but those days are long gone.  Today anywhere in Asia you need a minimum of a college degree, a TEFL/CELTA, and/or teaching experience. . . .

What you're [@Me from ME] saying simply is not true.

This may have been true for the Korean school you taught at, but it is obvious from what Twit has said that she got her job the way any American college grad could -- just manage to walk & takk at the same time. Twit had no teaching experience, no degree in English & no background in ESL. She claims a Montessori Method credential -- which would be irrelevant anyway -- but is vague about how & when she got it. I don't know what a TEFL/CELTA is, but if it's a credential requiring putting any amt of time to earn it, Twit doesn't have it.

So I'll stand with @Me from ME: Twit probably found a job in Korea only becuz they were desperate for an American. And regardless of what you say, that is still true of ESL in Asia today.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dot said:

This may have been true for the Korean school you taught at, but it is obvious from what Twit has said that she got her job the way any American college grad could -- just manage to walk & takk at the same time. Twit had no teaching experience, no degree in English & no background in ESL. She claims a Montessori Method credential -- which would be irrelevant anyway -- but is vague about how & when she got it. I don't know what a TEFL/CELTA is, but if it's a credential requiring putting any amt of time to earn it, Twit doesn't have it.

So I'll stand with @Me from ME: Twit probably found a job in Korea only becuz they were desperate for an American. And regardless of what you say, that is still true of ESL in Asia today.

The salary I'm talking about is what she would have been paid.  The Korean government has had really strict criteria in place to get the visa you need for teaching since about 2006 (I can't remember what visa it is).  They also enforce salary minimums and the whole industry is actually really regulated, maybe to the point of absurdity because they arrest teachers for visa violations for doing private tutoring lessons.  

I'm not saying it's incredibly hard to get a job teaching English in Asia, but there are some requirements and it's actually a pretty decently paying job, especially when you take into account cost of living.  

• Useful 1

The best I can estimate is that Twit started several years before 2006. (@Ketzel, does the Sacred Writ pin it down any closer?) So she wouldn't have faced the requirements you mention.

Disclaimer: I was a h.s. English teacher for 6 years, tho about 20 years before you.  I watched ppl who could barely speak English themselves go off to teach in Asia, just becuz they were able to read a newspaper ad for ESL teachers.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Dot said:

The best I can estimate is that Twit started several years before 2006. (@Ketzel, does the Sacred Writ pin it down any closer?) So she wouldn't have faced the requirements you mention.

Disclaimer: I was a h.s. English teacher for 6 years, tho about 20 years before you.  I watched ppl who could barely speak English themselves go off to teach in Asia, just becuz they were able to read a newspaper ad for ESL teachers.

Hi Dot, I am not where the book is at the moment. I seem to remember she graduated from high school in 2002, but how long it took her to get through college was not clear, so I guess it's possible she went to Korea in 2006, or even a bit later as I don't think she got her degree in four years.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Hi Dot, I am not where the book is at the moment.

Shame om you, @Ketzel. As Keeper of the Sacred Text, you are expected to keep it on your person at all times. (And this means, of course, that you do not shower like our Beloved Whit.)

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Dot said:

Shame om you, @Ketzel. As Keeper of the Sacred Text, you are expected to keep it on your person at all times. (And this means, of course, that you do not shower like our Beloved Whit.)

Darn right I don't shower like Whitney. All of me fits into the shower stall with room to spare, and I have no trouble washing any part of my anatomy.  🙂

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

She just posted on her profile that it’s been 8 days since she’s combed and washed her hair - and that she’s going to let it go at least one more day. Is that as gross as it sounds? I’ve heard people say her extensions need different care but it sounds nasty to me. 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

She just posted on her profile that it’s been 8 days since she’s combed and washed her hair - and that she’s going to let it go at least one more day. Is that as gross as it sounds? I’ve heard people say her extensions need different care but it sounds nasty to me. 

Nasty. Also, the odds that she is taking showers at all (with a cap on or something) are basically zero. 🤮🤮🤮

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Nasty. Also, the odds that she is taking showers at all (with a cap on or something) are basically zero. 🤮🤮🤮

🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢

who admits something like that? Do people sign some kind of confidentiality agreement not to talk about how badly she smells?  I can’t believe she isn’t difficult to be around with that kind of lack of hygiene.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢

who admits something like that? Do people sign some kind of confidentiality agreement not to talk about how badly she smells?  I can’t believe she isn’t difficult to be around with that kind of lack of hygiene.

I remember how pissed she was (pun intended) when Buddy announced that her house reeked of cat pee a couple seasons ago. I've noticed nobody has mentioned it since. She probably told them not to.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

The only possible excuse for this is you have a scalp laceration that required staples and you can't comb/shampoo until the staples come out..... 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

If she still has tape in extensions, they really don’t require different care except that you should avoid putting conditioner or any sort of oil on the tapes, as it will dissolve the adhesive. But you can and should wash and brush your hair as you normally would. I have tape in extensions and I wash my hair every other day, and usually blow it dry as well. If I try to go another day my head itches and my hair looks too greasy.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

The only possible excuse for this is you have a scalp laceration that required staples and you can't comb/shampoo until the staples come out..... 

I had a shelf fall on my head that required stitches.  

The doc said i shouldn't wash my hair for 3 days.

No way. 

It was a Friday evening, so I wore a hat on Saturday,  and then washed my hair, avoiding the stitches on Sunday. 

I could  not stand to go over 1-2 days without washing my hair.  It starts to itch, looks flat, and I just feel unclean. 

Twit is disgusting.

How can her fans get past her disgusting, immature behavior. ..peeing in hot tubs, not cleaning her house or herself,  braying and screaming loudly for no reason,  having to be the center of attention always,  vulgarity, and lying?

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 8
On 3/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, Ketzel said:

editor for having patience dealing with a novice, incredibly high-strung and anxious author. More to the point, she thanks her "project manager, superwoman and friend" for "constant guidance, gentle pushes and endless reassurances." She goes on to gush, "[y]ou made me believe I could write a book . . .because you believed in me and because you held my hand through every single stage. I could never have done this without you (like, literally I'd still be on Chapter 1). I could never repay you for all the time and emotional energy you poured into this project and me. I am fortunate to have worked with such  brilliant, beautiful, remarkable woman . . ."

Showerthought:  now I know who Whitney reminds me of!  The PIA, delusional, sex-obsessed, indulged-by -her-parents character that Leah Dunham played in GIRLS

• Love 5