Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, afishcalledwanda said:

One other big "tell" about what a narcissist she is - she says about her Dad "that's what he is there for, as a witness".  ie. your Dad is only there to watch you do things - that is the attitude of a toddler.  She is a freakin' 400 pound toddler. She is the centre of the universe and everybody in her life only exists to watch her or fulfill her needs.  And the fake crying all the time boo hoo "Avi said I couldn't do this hike" with mascara tears; "boo hoo I am worried about my boo bear losing sobriety because he broke up with Chelsea" quivering lower lip and misty eyes.  I kinda hate myself for watching but I can't help watching this constant train wreck.  I don't understand how anyone can hang out with her ( I guess they are paid) although they are a bunch of total losers all of them.  When Twitney says they are the same as they were at 15, in high school, she is right.

Maybe.... but a friend of mine has a 9 year-old who has more maturity than Pissney. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

The more I think of it, the more I like the idea of her on Dancing with the Stars, because I remember now seeing how much and how rigorously they had to practice, or at least the used to.
She wouldn't last an hour.

But would Dancing with the Stars allow a professional dancer and dance instructor like Whitney be a contestant? It'd be so unfair to the other contestants! 😋

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
On 2/24/2019 at 8:10 AM, minamreeka said:

I agree completely and I hate that this is one of the only depictions of large women on tv/the media.

I find it really disappointing that so many women in the USA feel like they're too fat to exercise, go to a gym, go out in public, or just too fat to be proud of and accept themselves. 

I'm totally with you on this, and I want to add that there is a dangerous aspect to this, too:  Many large women avoid going to the doctor, even when they are not feeling well, because a) they know they will be weighed and/or b) they dread being told for the zillionth time that they need to lose weight. 

In fact, I wish we would see Whitney go for regular checkups or to visit the doctor for non-plot-driven reasons, like a sore shoulder or a mysterious lesion.

I wish doctors were trained specifically to treat larger women with more sensitivity and respect, so that their patients could receive the healthcare they need and deserve.  Is it really necessary to weigh a patient at every visit?  A sudden, large weight gain or loss is cause for alarm, but if the patient continues to weigh about the same and does not report, when asked, a significant gain or loss, why is it important to track that weight?

And trust me, doctors--and everyone else in the world--women who are overweight already know that they are overweight. It doesn't take medical training to spring this news on them/us.

Edited by Mothra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I wish doctors were trained specifically to treat larger women with more sensitivity and respect, so that their patients could receive the healthcare they need and deserve.  Is it really necessary to weigh a patient at every visit?  A sudden, large weight gain or loss is cause for alarm, but if the patient continues to weigh about the same and does not report, when asked, a significant gain or loss, why is it important to track that weight?

If a doctor isn’t tracking weight how would she/he know w about significant fluctuations?

• Love 4
Just now, Elizzikra said:

If a doctor isn’t tracking weight how would she/he know w about significant fluctuations?

A sudden, unexplained gain or loss of 15-20 lbs is something I would think a patient would mention--in fact, that kind of change ought to send you to the doctor.  If you've gained weight simply because you've been eating more, you already know why you've gained weight.  If you've lost weight because you're dieting, ditto. 

Many doctors do ask, routinely, if you have had any recent major gain or loss.  And if large women were comfortable enough to see the doctor regularly, the doctor would see that there had been a big change in weight. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Mothra said:

Is it really necessary to weigh a patient at every visit? 

If you're getting medication that's dosed by weight, then yes.

9 hours ago, Mothra said:

If you've gained weight simply because you've been eating more, you already know why you've gained weight.  If you've lost weight because you're dieting, ditto. 

But the message that Whitney and all of these other fat-acceptance people put forward, just look at her comments on Instagram, are that weight is not related to how much she eats. That is the entire premise behind all of her "work out" posts.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

But the message that Whitney and all of these other fat-acceptance people put forward, just look at her comments on Instagram, are that weight is not related to how much she eats. That is the entire premise behind all of her "work out" posts.

This is true but the default of knowing you have to get on a scale no matter what does drive women away from the doctor, and not just morbidly obese women. I am losing weight and much closer to the right weight for me but I still get panicky getting weight in front of people. And in doctor’s offices the scale is out in the open in front of lots of people. They weigh you no matter what. I went to the urgent care because I sliced my finger and needed stitches. My finger is dripping blood and they still wanted me on the scale. I said no and the nurse was completely flustered. I told her if they needed to prescribe drugs that needed a weight I’d come back. It upset her. Why the hell do they need to weigh a bleeding person???? And the reality is that the majority of drugs for standard illnesses, pain etc for adults and a general adult dose that doesn’t require a weight. Those who are very heavy or very thin are visibly so and can be weighed if meds are needed.  Checkups are different but if someone comes to the doctor because they need stitches or have bronchitis etc they don’t need the focus of the appointment to be ‘hey you need to lose 20 lbs’. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

The point of my original post was that many fat women do not go to the doctor, even when something is wrong, because they don't want to be weighed and/or lectured (again) about how they need to lose weight.  I said that an unexplained change in weight of course was another matter.  Other than anesthesia, I personally have never had a medication that was prescribed according to weight.  It's true that pediatric medications are often dosed based on weight, but that's not what I'm talking about.  If an adult is getting medicated according to weight, of course that is an exception, and she must be weighed.  In my experience, both as a patient and as a medical assistant, I have never seen an adult patient prescribed an outpatient medication whose dosage is based on weight.

BTW I'm not talking about fat acceptance either.  I'm talking about women already perhaps at risk because of overweight who do not go to doctors when they need to because they do not want to be weighed or told (duh) that they need to lose weight.  If their body size has not changed appreciably since the last visit ("Have you had a recent significant weight gain or loss"), there is no reason to weigh someone who does not want to be weighed at every visit (in fact, when I was overweight, I refused to be weighed except at my annual physical, with no blowback from the doctor).  And trust me, fat people know better than anyone else that they are fat; telling them so is not helpful.  It is particularly not helpful for a doctor to tell a fat person she is fat at every visit because she may well resist coming for medical help when she needs it.

• Love 6

A sudden, unexplained gain or loss of 15-20 lbs is something I would think a patient would mention--in fact, that kind of change ought to send you to the doctor.  If you've gained weight simply because you've been eating more, you already know why you've gained weight.  If you've lost weight because you're dieting, ditto. 

Many doctors do ask, routinely, if you have had any recent major gain or loss.  And if large women were comfortable enough to see the doctor regularly, the doctor would see that there had been a big change in weight. 

If the patient doesn't weigh herself regularly, she may not know. You may know your pants are a little looser or tighter but you don't know how much you weigh necessarily. Many times patients are surprised by their actual weights. They are also often surprised to see how it has gone up steadily over the years. For example, maybe gaining five pounds in a year feels like no big deal - until you see that you have gained 50 pounds in the past ten years. You can't keep gaining at that pace and stay healthy.

I agree that weights should be done privately but weight is like any other vital sign. I wouldn't take a patient's word for blood pressure, pulse, blood sugar or anything else - and all of those have noticeable effects that a patient could self-report.

Does a patient need to have a weight done for a bleeding finger? Probably not. But what if they give you a medication or a treatment and you have an allergic reaction? Some of the emergency meds they give you would be dosed based on weight (X mg/KG of body weight). It's hard to weigh someone when she has stopped breathing.

There are a lot of excuses people use to avoid a regular check up. None of those excuses should dictate how a physician does a thorough physical. And if people are going to be responsible and proactive about their healthcare, they shouldn't let those excuses stop them from going to a doctor. I'm overweight. I hear about it at every single physical. I suck it up because my doctor is right. I should lose weight. It's her job to tell me that. It's not her job to let me continue to deny the issue by not weighing me.

• Love 8

MOD NOTE:

Reminder: This thread is for discussing social media posts by Whitney (and, sometimes, her crew).  Please take off-topic conversations to the appropriate thread.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Emma C said:

\At least she is wearing a full shirt.

WTF is that?

It's not a deadlift because there's no knee movement. It's not a good morning because it starts on the floor.

So what the actual fuck is that lift?

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

WTF is that?

It's not a deadlift because there's no knee movement. It's not a good morning because it starts on the floor.

I think it's supposed to be a Romanian. If that's what she's "tryna" do --- FAIL.

• LOL 2
45 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

WTF is that?

I am assuming it’s supposed to be a deadlift. Looks more like something designed to hurt your back. It’s her typical ‘race through” whatever it is. It really amazes me that she hasn’t hurt herself with all of this crappy working out. 

• Love 6
On 2/26/2019 at 10:13 PM, afishcalledwanda said:

OMG she is ridiculous.  Just a big bag of fat - listen to how out of breath she is after 2 or 3 steps up

All the excuses she will have for Dr. Now when she is ready for his show....

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I think it's supposed to be a Romanian. If that's what she's "tryna" do --- FAIL.

But on an RDL you don't set the bar down every rep.

So I'm still wondering what the fuck she's doing.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

But on an RDL you don't set the bar down every rep.

So I'm still wondering what the fuck she's doing.

Since when did she ever do ANY exercise as it's supposed to be done? Seriously. Whether it's squats, skaters, deadlifts, or shoulder press, she's going to do it HER way (ie, incorrectly, the laziest possible way.)

• Love 4

She is going to totally fuck her back up doing lifts that way. All the strain is being taken by her lower back. But as others have pointed out repeatedly, it's just not possible for her to do anything in proper form because of her size. Why her trainer isn't trying to address this is beyond me because sooner or later, she's really going to hurt herself.

• Love 10
Just now, Hana Chan said:

She is going to totally fuck her back up doing lifts that way. All the strain is being taken by her lower back. But as others have pointed out repeatedly, it's just not possible for her to do anything in proper form because of her size. Why her trainer isn't trying to address this is beyond me because sooner or later, she's really going to hurt herself.

I agree with those who think Jessica is a crappy trainer but let’s also remember this is Whitney. No one can tell her anything. Jessica sounds exasperated on this video. A few videos ago she said something about “typical Whitney” when she kept going after Jessica said to stop. At the time I hoped it wasn’t a praise for Whitney pushing herself but now I’m wondering if she meant typical Whitney does whatever the frak she wants. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Because her alleged trainer is a fraud. 

And on that note, I'm outta here on my way to the gym. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Jessica is a garbage trainer and Whitney is a nightmare client. Whitney thinks she knows her body best, but nobody who is a master of their body gets to 400 lb. If Whit had a shred of humility she might be able to learn proper technique, but she doesn't.

Edited by ClareWalks
Of, not if
  • Love 11

Refusing to be weighed when requested by a medical professional is just denial pure and simple.  Yes you may already know you are overweight but if you won't let anyone weigh you then you can deny that you are as heavy as you really are and/or deny how much you have been gaining.  And thus continue on with unheathy eating and exercise patterns to your heart's content.  Maybe you don't want to do anything about it but extra weight is the root of many medical problems (high blood pressure which can lead to stroke and heart disease, diabetes and more).  So if a doctor or nurse asks me to step on the scales I do it even though I am overweight.  It is your health that should be the concern not your fragile ego.  Sounds very Twitney to me!

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Jessica is a garbage trainer and Whitney is a nightmare client. Whitney thinks she knows her body best, but nobody who is a master of their body gets to 400 lb. If Whit had a shred of humility she might be able to learn proper technique, but she doesn't.

Totally agree.  Jessica is useless and I have never seen her correct Twit's form.  Whitney is going to get hurt - that weird weight lift was a back injury waiting to happen.  And because she never uses proper form she doesn't get any benefit from the exercise either.  Twit is just a faker in everything she does.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Jessica is a garbage trainer and Whitney is a nightmare client.

You take First Place for Best-in-a-Nutshell Description! 😁

• Love 7

Disclaimer (again): I don't actually watch this show, but I read this thread for laughs.

I've gone back several pages looking at Whitney's 'exercise' videos, and I have a question: why do all the exercises seem to be for her upper half? (Maybe this is stuff covered long ago, in which case, sorry). I'm just struck by the fact that so far I don't see anything like treadmills/tread climbers, for example. I would think she'd be interested in building up endurance, given her huffing and puffing.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree with those who think Jessica is a crappy trainer but let’s also remember this is Whitney. No one can tell her anything. Jessica sounds exasperated on this video. A few videos ago she said something about “typical Whitney” when she kept going after Jessica said to stop. At the time I hoped it wasn’t a praise for Whitney pushing herself but now I’m wondering if she meant typical Whitney does whatever the frak she wants. 

A reputable trainer would refuse to work with Whitney. Not only has Jessica not done that, she's the one holding the camera for these videos. As long as she participates, she's part of the problem.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Disclaimer (again): I don't actually watch this show, but I read this thread for laughs.

I've gone back several pages looking at Whitney's 'exercise' videos, and I have a question: why do all the exercises seem to be for her upper half? (Maybe this is stuff covered long ago, in which case, sorry). I'm just struck by the fact that so far I don't see anything like treadmills/tread climbers, for example. I would think she'd be interested in building up endurance, given her huffing and puffing.

But building stamina takes a long time and is haaarrrd. And it doesn't look all flashy and you can't fake your cardio fitness. That puts it right outside Whitney's core competency (pun intended) when it comes to exercise.

• Love 10
On 2/26/2019 at 11:52 PM, LeesburgLee said:

But would Dancing with the Stars allow a professional dancer and dance instructor like Whitney be a contestant? It'd be so unfair to the other contestants! 😋

Hey - those former gymnasts and figure skaters need some real

competition!

On 2/27/2019 at 9:13 PM, Uuuugghh said:

Dr. Now just called out this weeks person for lying that she fasts and then binges. Impossible!

Specifically she said she doesn't eat all day and then eats at night!  When Dr. Now called her a liar she admitted to snacking on yogurt and grapes during the day 😄  And Dr. Now told her based on that report she should weigh about 200 lbs.  So now we know exactly how his conversation with Whitney about her eating habit will go 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, Emma C said:

At least she is wearing a full shirt.

Relatively speaking. She's got the gut covered for once, but the neckline is low enough that her boobs threaten to come surging out every time she bends over.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5

A couple weeks ago Whitney posted a video on FB of her on top of a giant rock and she was saying "anyone who thinks I couldn't [do it] can go fuck themselves." And that really explains how she lives her life. She posts all these videos of her "athletic feats" and thinks that should be enough to stop the haters from hating her, that just because she can get through something, that proves her greatness in all areas. No, bitch. There's such a thing as style points, here. I am not impressed by someone who can slog through a mediocre workout literally kicking and screaming. I am impressed by someone who can suck it up, not complain, and do what needs doing like a grownup. Whitney's caterwauling betrays the fact that it is entirely too difficult for her to do these basic, easy-ass things. 

I've been thinking about this since watching the last episode, actually. She posts these short clips on social media where she does these CrossFit workouts with Jessica, and she doesn't complain a bit during them. But the INSTANT she got on that bike, she started screeching and hollering and didn't let up. What's the difference? Why does she put on this grandiose performance of how difficult it is on some occasions, and on others she tries to look all badass and like it's easy? 

• Love 16

@ClareWalks asks above: "What's the difference? Why does she put on this grandiose performance of how difficult it is on some occasions, and on others she tries to look all badass and like it's easy?"

I return to our discussion of her limited dramatic responses: braying, blubbering, shrieking, whining & shock. In MBFFL, she sees herself as an actress, so she relies on her dramatic responses in practically every situation. Rarely does she think she can have a normal conversation in MBFFL without resorting to one of those few responses. ( She ain't no Meryl Streep.)

In her SM videos, she usually acts like a "normal" -- tho deeply flawed -- human being. Sometimes the MBFFL Twit surfaces on SM, however. I think of the screeching while water jetsking, for example.

Indeed, that may have been the first screech. -- maybe that's when she added it to her dramatic repretroire. Anyone remember an earlier example?

And we have noted that the screech response seems to be new to this season, at least in terms of its frequency.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Dot said:

In MBFFL, she sees herself as an actress,

Oh my god, that is SO SAD, LOL. You are right though. She goes way over the top on that stupid show. I think her character choices for television are terrible, though. Her likeability factor is very low.

• Love 5

It really irritates me that every time she post a pic of her and a guy, her fans immediately jump in and say “is that your boyfriend” or some other variation, and she never sets the record straight.  It doesn’t matter if it’s Buddy, Ryan, the camera man, Ryan’s friends and why do her dopey fans automatically assume she’s dating all these people when almost every episode is about how she can’t get a man.  It’s just so stupid. I actually get more irritated with the fans than her in this instance.

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

It really irritates me that every time she post a pic of her and a guy, her fans immediately jump in and say “is that your boyfriend” or some other variation, and she never sets the record straight.  It doesn’t matter if it’s Buddy, Ryan, the camera man, Ryan’s friends and why do her dopey fans automatically assume she’s dating all these people when almost every episode is about how she can’t get a man.  It’s just so stupid. I actually get more irritated with the fans than her in this instance.

If you say otherwise on her SM about all those guys her fans would say we are fat shaming her and other larger women. 😑

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Why do they always jump to "is that your boyfriend?" It's like they're stuck in 1962. Hello, it's possible for a woman and a man to be JUST FRIENDS (without benefits.) Though God knows who would want to be friends with her. 

Maybe it's that she has to put her hands all over any XY within reach, gay or straight. 

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Why do they always jump to "is that your boyfriend?" It's like they're stuck in 1962. Hello, it's possible for a woman and a man to be JUST FRIENDS (without benefits.) Though God knows who would want to be friends with her. 

Maybe it's that she has to put her hands all over any XY within reach, gay or straight. 

I wonder how many posts are fake profiles by Whit herself.  I can totally see her doing that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

So, on the MBFFL FB page, she's posted a teaser for the Twit-a-thon and there are a buttload of comments calling her out about the screaming and the hot tub incident. 

As usual, her worshippers respond with such insightful comments as "Bye Felicia" "Don't like it? Don't watch."

Apparently Pissney is the second coming of Christ --- incapable of committing a sin. And her fans collectively have the IQ of a midge. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

So, on the MBFFL FB page, she's posted a teaser for the Twit-a-thon and there are a buttload of comments calling her out about the screaming and the hot tub incident. 

As usual, her worshippers respond with such insightful comments as "Bye Felicia" "Don't like it? Don't watch."

Apparently Pissney is the second coming of Christ --- incapable of committing a sin. And her fans collectively have the IQ of a midge. 

That's what blew my mind.  Everything up to and including peeing in  community  water is okay with these people??  Where's the bottom??  Even if I'm a super fan of someone, I expect at least a small amount of decency. Ugh!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I love the "if you hate it, don't watch" crowd. They don't seem to understand that hate-watchers constitute at least 75% of her viewership. If the haters didn't watch, the show would be canceled immediately.

• Love 15