Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

I figured we could use a dedicated social media/spoilers thread for My Big Fat Fabulous Life! Here is where we can put all our awesome Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/etc sleuthing for past, current or future storylines and characters on the show. Spill the T, gang!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Did you notice, "I'M NATURALLY SENSOUS. #MyBigFatFabLife"?
That's why she pronounces it incorrecty, because she's spelling it wrong,.

I just want to shake her and say "stop trying to make sensuss happen! It isn't going to happen!"

Also, this would be the ideal thread for me to just go off on Whitney's FB fanbase. What a bunch of goobers. Anytime someone has even a mild critique of Whitney, they pounce. 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Also, this would be the ideal thread for me to just go off on Whitney's FB fanbase. What a bunch of goobers. Anytime someone has even a mild critique of Whitney, they pounce. 

I looked at the MBFFL FB page several times & was surprised to see how many snarky comments were there. (And, yes, the goobers pounced, but the comments WERE there.) Is it different on Twit's personal FB page, which I never could find until @ClareWalks linked to it. If so, it appears to be another checkmark in the TLC-hates-Twit box. They leave the snarky comments on their page while Twit deletes them on hers.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Check out Whit's FB if you want to see a picture of her kissing a cat on the mouth! *VOMITS*

She's probably trying to smell cat breath (if that's the case she'd love my cat--mine likes to lick peoples' chins and noses).

And if my cat ever goes missing, I'll know why lol!

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, ClareWalks said:

Not sure why FB is like that, but maybe because anyone else is usually deleted.
Nicole Curtis' FB is or was like that.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, ClareWalks said:

I just want to shake her and say "stop trying to make sensuss happen! It isn't going to happen!"

Do you think that she thinks she's the reincarnation of Ruby and her "hacky"?

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Omg another posting to get attention. 

IMG_4464.PNG

IMG_4465.PNG

Oh, good grief.

Of course, she neglects to include ppl with a "perfect body" like Todd in her list of worthies.

• Love 5

The responses are just praise after praise after praise. And that is exactly what she wants. I honestly think I have gotten to the point I can't take it anymore really. It's literally making me sick and disgusted.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Ugh, she is assuming that people who notice how greasy she is "don't love themselves."

I know, and I don't get that connection either. Since when is simple hygiene a self-hate issue?????

Oh, is it because when you care enough for yourself that you shower and groom to look basically presentable to the outside world????

That is a seriously fucked up response from Twit, becsuse it is nonsensical.

• Love 8
(edited)

I can't make head or tail of what she is saying. You should love yourself even if you are too depressed to keep yourself clean? Celebrate yourself in your unhappy, unwashed state because you are worthy? Here's the thing, Whitney, people who are in a healthy state of mind don't want to be dirty and smelly. They don't want to be morbidly obese.  They perceive these conditions as being barriers to a fulfilled life, and they take steps to overcome them. It's not "okay to exist how you are" when how you are is a reflection of a depressed and self-destructive mental state.  And you can front all you want -  nothing is plainer than the pain you personally are experiencing in your big fat "fabulous" life.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 17

So right,  Ketzel.

It's obvious that some sick shit is going on in Twit's psyche for her to get to and continue overeating. Most of us,  I think, are aware that we have to deal with emotional eating,  as well as physical ramifications,  and resisting Big Food's constant presence and pressure to eat more. 

I don't care anymore about Twit. Hopefully, her deluded minions will see the truth of Twit's unhealthy glorification of obesity via her disabilities,  and find themselves working toward a real healthy role model --in the mirror. 

• Love 4

so social media savy people. My comments are now not showing up for other people in twit's posts. I can see them but i had my friend go look and it's not there. She scrolled thru the 700+ comments (god bless her) but didn't see my comment. I am not blocked from the page cuz I can access it but none of my comments are showing up for others but I can see them. It's weird. Anyone had this happen and know what's going on. They showed before so no clue why they aren't now. I haven't changed any settings either. Ggrrr. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought so too but i posted on another comment in that same thread and it showed up. So it is just when I comment on the main post no one else can see it or comment on it. 

Edited by AmyB
3 minutes ago, AmyB said:

I thought so too but i posted on another comment in that same thread and it showed up. So it is just when I comment on the main post so no one else can see it or comment on it. 

Is it that they showed up before and have since been deleted? Or they are immediately not visible after you post them? I'm guessing she deletes 99.999% of negative comments, leaving the remaining .001% for her wolves to pounce on.

• Love 1

My comment still shows up when I am logged in and I go to that post. But if my friend goes to that same post she doesn't see what I wrote. She does see if I make a comment underneath someone else's post though.  

(edited)

Wow... Whitney was really over-defensive on this one.

I have a lot of empathy for the person who posted that comment. I love myself and I didn't like how I felt when I was at my heaviest. Liking yourself is taking pride in how you look and taking care of yourself. Everyone has their own view of what that means, but to the original poster it means practicing good grooming and wanting to wear things that she feels flatters her. She's not wrong - Whitney is a slob and she presents all the worst stereotypes about overweight people. Fair or not, we are going to be judged and if I don't want people thinking badly of me, I have to put in a bit of effort. But that's par for the course with anyone who's not naturally beautiful, with perfect skin and hair that look amazing just rolling out of bed. Most of us don't look like Gisele Bundchen and want to look nice when we go out in public.

The crazy thing is that Whitney does care about what people think about her, but she's not in any way interested in changing herself in any way so she focuses on changing the viewpoint of other people. And she doesn't recognize that most of the criticism for her doesn't come from her size, but are behavioral. She's right that people should get basic respect and courtesy regardless of their size, but after that she just was dead wrong. If you don't bathe and walk out looking unkept and dressed in clothes that are unflattering and don't fit, then people are going to judge. I don't have to respect someone who seems to believe that brushing her hair is really going out of her way, and has an aversion to putting on a trace of makeup. Or to wear something that isn't vacuum sealed to her ass no matter what size she is.

I'm really starting to think that Whitney doesn't like herself in any way and needs the social media feedback that she gets for challenging these "insults" in order to boost her ego.

Edited by Hana Chan
correcting a typo because i'm a riter and not a spiller
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, AmyB said:

My comment still shows up when I am logged in and I go to that post. But if my friend goes to that same post she doesn't see what I wrote. She does see if I make a comment underneath someone else's post though.  

Sometimes things are subject to approval, whether by the site to be sure you aren't a bot, or by Whitney (or someone on her team). 

2 hours ago, AmyB said:

Omg I love foamy the squirrel!!! That was too funny! I so wish I could share that on her page without getting reamed for it. 

What about on the FB page for the show.  TLC runs that.

47 minutes ago, auntjess said:

What about on the FB page for the show.  TLC runs that.

Yeah, and apparently Twit can't get TLC to delete snark. There's as much as there is love notes from groupies.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Huh, just saw on Facebook that Victoria, the producer of the Maney Roy and Lauren show is leaving the show. Quick Whitney! Get that resume in, girl!

I saw that too! Her last day was Wed I think. I went to beasly media group's employment page and saw their job opening for victoria's job. Now a sensible person doing an intership at said radio station would definitely jump at the chance to apply. Sadly I believe Twit is not only not sensible nor does she even think in those type of terms.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, AmyB said:

I saw that too! Her last day was Wed I think. I went to beasly media group's employment page and saw their job opening for victoria's job. Now a sensible person doing an intership at said radio station would definitely jump at the chance to apply. Sadly I believe Twit is not only not sensible nor does she even think in those type of terms.  

Now we all know that Whitney (1) CAN'T give up her DANCE CAREER, and (2) has no interest in a real job.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Now we all know that Whitney (1) CAN'T give up her DANCE CAREER, and (2) has no interest in a real job.

Not to mention that her references from Maney and Roy might be less than stellar.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, AmyB said:
13 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Huh, just saw on Facebook that Victoria, the producer of the Maney Roy and Lauren show is leaving the show. Quick Whitney! Get that resume in, girl!

It would be an insulting step backwards in her "career". Therefore she can't apply.

• Love 2

I thibk that Twit knows she would not get the job based on her poor internship performance, as well as TLC would not use it as a plotline.

Deep down Twit knows. Hence, she eats. Ummmh. Overeats.

• Love 2

Ooh, and the puzzle continues! I bet Todd WAS really pissed off. It wasn't just for cameras. Most of the show is clearly staged but I think her friends are actually getting tired of her shit.

• Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Ooh, and the puzzle continues! I bet Todd WAS really pissed off. It wasn't just for cameras. Most of the show is clearly staged but I think her friends are actually getting tired of her shit.

Todd's talking heads have always had a little SMDH attitude towards Whitney's behavior. And I don't think he was acting at all in that scene when Whitney demanded that he put her ballroom dance shoes on her feet because bending over and fastening them was too difficult for her. He seemed genuinely affronted that she would ask him to do that, and only seemed to cave in under the pressure of the camera, the growing impatience of the instructor,  and Whitney's loud whining.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I got something of a sense of this at the pool hall with Todd, Tal & Ashley. Twit was pretty disappointed that her big reveal about Nathan didn't get much more than a ho-hum from the trio of BFFs.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I got something of a sense of this at the pool hall with Todd, Tal & Ashley. Twit was pretty disappointed that her big reveal about Nathan didn't get much more than a ho-hum from the trio of BFFs.

Everything about her is ho-hum.  I can imagine you get tired of feigning shock and awe at everything that comes out of her special snowflake mouth.  Even her paid minions are over her.

• Love 5

Whitney (supported by her real life friends) is going off on fb about one of her ex's planning to marry another girl during their entire relationship. She says it is not about Lenny. Some of her fans are loving it and some are criticizing her for being petty.

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

And her reaction when he stormed off appeared to be genuine shock and surprise, followed by bewilderment and hurt. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Whitney (supported by her real life friends) is going off on fb about one of her ex's planning to marry another girl during their entire relationship. She says it is not about Lenny. Some of her fans are loving it and some are criticizing her for being petty.

Only Whitney could try to turn being "the other woman" into a sympathetic figure. My guess is she was just banging this guy because he had a fetish, and is now shocked to learn that her "ex" wasn't actually dating her.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

You beat me too it! She posted a picture with pictures of the other guy. The other woman posted a tag with the guys name in it. Strange though, the other woman lives in Cairo, Egypt and the guy apparently lives in Bloomington, IN. So not sure how much truth there is to it. But if it is true its completely f'ed up! As for people saying she is being petty as much as i hate to say this if it is true I have to side with Whitney on it cuz I have had this exact same thing happen to me.  

• Love 3

Oh good grief - one of her fans has posted (apparently without irony) "The right man will scoop you up one day!"

I am so tempted to post "Not if he has any respect for his back, he won't." But that would be mean, wouldn't it?

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Oh good grief - one of her fans has posted (apparently without irony) "The right man will scoop you up one day!"

I am so tempted to post "Not if he has any respect for his back, he won't." But that would be mean, wouldn't it?

BWAH! hahahahaha

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

You're nicer than me.  I'd ask (innocently), "Oh, will he be in construction so he'll have a crane?"

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Only Whitney could try to turn being "the other woman" into a sympathetic figure. My guess is she was just banging this guy because he had a fetish, and is now shocked to learn that her "ex" wasn't actually dating her.

Seems that the guy had a type. The fiancée is also a body-positive "woman of size." She also claims he has "a fat girl on every continent." So Whitney ran into an online asshole and now she's going to set her whole raging posse on him. (Because, as with the doctor she claims sent her an insulting letter, she ever-so-classily did not name the guy at first. She put up a lot of coy hints, then the fiancee (with whom Whitney has totes bonded) outed him on her Facebook page and the posse tracked it down. One thing I noticed is that neither of them say when this all happened.  But it doesn't seem as if Whitney broke the news to the fiancée.

• Love 1