Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Ogygia

Wentworth Miller guest starred in an episode of Buffy back in the day, didn't he?

He got bitten by a vamp while he was there, and then turned his fellow PB cast members later on. That's the explanation, they're all vampires. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Argenta said:

Wentworth Miller guest starred in an episode of Buffy back in the day, didn't he?

He got bitten by a vamp while he was there, and then turned his fellow PB cast members later on. That's the explanation, they're all vampires. 

It was his first acting role! And he wasn't bitten by a vampire, he was turned into a fish :)

• Love 1
On 4/7/2017 at 10:28 PM, Pallas said:

My theory is that the jacket -- along with its Kandiel Outis nametag -- was planted by Michael, in Lincoln's size. He knew Lincoln would go digging, once T-Bag came a-calling. And that where Lincoln was headed next, he might get some good use out out of a double-vented, neutral-colored, summer-weight-wool wardrobe staple. Lincoln seemed a little bemused as he modeled the jacket for himself.  

Exactly my thought too. 

Ok.  Like all of you, I adore every implausible minute of this show.

But if, for a reason that doesn't have anything to do with anything, you are going to claim that Linc has landed in Syracuse, DO A BETTER JOB.

There is nowhere in my fair city that has a street sign with "Citadel" on it.  There is also no outside car rental stand at the airport.  

Otherwise, I am so here for all of it.  I giddily yelled "Sucre yay!" when Linc clocked him one.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Ok.  Like all of you, I adore every implausible minute of this show.

But if, for a reason that doesn't have anything to do with anything, you are going to claim that Linc has landed in Syracuse, DO A BETTER JOB.

There is nowhere in my fair city that has a street sign with "Citadel" on it.  There is also no outside car rental stand at the airport.  

Otherwise, I am so here for all of it.  I giddily yelled "Sucre yay!" when Linc clocked him one.

I laughed as well - from Geneva and I snorted at the thought of the rental lot and the "big city" airport. 

Eye candy. Wentworth, Dominic, Amaury. That's all I'm sayin'. Enough reason to suspend disbelief. Fun. Escapism. 

That being said, my husband and I were looking for a new-to-us show to watch on Netflix and our daughter recommended PB. So about a month or so ago, we started binge watching from season 1 through 4. We watched "The Final Break" on the night of the premier of the reboot and then watched season 5, episode 1 the next night. So, to us, there was no long wait like for the rest of you. And the coolest part was that when we started the binge-watching, we had no idea that a reboot was coming up in a month! 

So unlike our favorite PB characters, our timing was perfectly right! : )

• Love 6
22 hours ago, llewis823 said:

So, to us, there was no long wait like for the rest of you.

Quoting myself here - now that we're watching current Season 5 episodes, we just said last night - now we have to wait a week like everyone else! LOL That binge watching spoils you, doesn't it?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, llewis823 said:

Quoting myself here - now that we're watching current Season 5 episodes, we just said last night - now we have to wait a week like everyone else! LOL That binge watching spoils you, doesn't it?

Waiting is tough, isn't it?? :-)

• Love 1

At least this episode title actually reflects the story....

Source: Wikipedia

In Homer's Odyssey, Calypso detained Odysseus on Ogygia for 7 years and kept him from returning to his home of Ithaca

• Love 4

I liked this. It's implausible as hell, but Prison Break has ALWAYS been like that. I always liked Prison Break, but I wasn't sure if I'd be at all interested in a reboot-seemed to me the series had gone as far as it could go.  I was curious about how they'd explain why Micheal was not in fact dead, and how the old gang would get pulled back into this.

Someone is definitely pulling strings on T-Bag, but I'm not sure at all how he fits into things yet.

Lincoln and Micheal have this bad habit of digging up graves

And, yeah, no one seems to have aged a day....

Well this show makes Blindspot look positively plausible. I held off watching it because frankly it didn't need reviving and I thought working in ISIL and Yemen sounded like a plot in spectacularly bad taste but once I did watch it I found it engaging as ever. Also when Kellerman comes back these weakass hitmen need to beg him for classes in how to be an effective henchperson. Although I agree with those of you who think Sarah's husband is going to be in on the whole thing.

Speaking of Sarah, I love that apparently her experiences made her into a prepper and rolled my eyes when she mentioned that Little Mike mythologises his Dad and then ten minutes later was telling him Michael was like a storm ;-)

Edited by Beatriceblake
  • Love 1