Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Ogygia

16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okay, color me confused about the changed date on Michael's headstone. I watched the first two seasons and LOVED it. But, were all four seasons supposed to cover just one year? Is that why his headstone had 2005 on it? Because the show premiered in 2005 and ended in 2009. It all seasons just covered a year, okay, that makes sense, changing the date, but if it didn't, then why have 2005 as Michael's "death" date in 2009?

Aaaand I just gave myself a headache typing all that out while still trying to make sense of it!

Pretty much, yes. I think over on TWoP we figured it was approximately 9 months from the beginning of the series to the end -- not counting flashbacks or flashforwards.

The death date has been retconned to 2010; I guess to match up with the year the series actually ended.

• Love 1

I've loved Prison Break since it came on.  I am super excited that it's back on!  I had the biggest crush on Wentworth in high school, and he still looks good. 

Prison break has always been a little over the top, but that's what makes the show so good. 

• Love 2

Speaking of over the top, the idea that everything that happened to them in the original run of the series happened in a 9 month span is so very over the top it's hilarious. I mean, that's exactly what the show is, and I love it for it, but wow. :-)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, no10pin said:

T-Bag makes this show for me, so I'm willing to overlook the complete insanity that he got out on 'good behavior'.  

Michael. Always a kidder.

6 hours ago, no10pin said:

I can't wait to figure out how he ties into all of this with his T-1000 hand.

Scofield. Always a giver.

• Love 3

I was just able to watch tonight and I loved every second of it. Of course, I just binge-watched the entire series for the first time last summer, so I haven't been waiting nearly as long as some of you for this lol. Loved C-Note's "compliments of the American prison system bitches" or whatever it was. That made me LOL. Can't wait until next week.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, srpturtle80 said:

. Loved C-Note's "compliments of the American prison system bitches" or whatever it was. That made me LOL. 

Yemen makes Fox River look like a Holiday Inn.... 

(edited)

Oh my, where to start? They didn't disappoint with their over-the-top stories right from the get.

T Bag is clearly being used by someone powerful (The Company V5.0? lol), though it's still unfathomable that anyone with his sheet could be manipulated out of prison. That may be the most far fetched part of the whole episode. And only he could receive a magic arm with no previous exams, and make it work perfectly the second he awakens from surgery! At least he didn't kill the surgeon like he did the vet.

Oh Linc, never change. Who needs a passport? 

I may be at the lonely table, as I've always loved Sara and am the biggest Michael-Sara 'shipper ever! Happy to see she's not let her guard down.

Word to whoever mentioned Maricruz and C-Note's daughter. And LJ, I guess. A quick update would have been nice. 

17 hours ago, paigow said:

Seems like Yemen has no gun control laws - what with a civil war going on - so why are these "assassins" using chains and hammers????

Hahahaha. That slayed me too! Every person in the street had a gun, maybe they could have borrowed a couple somewhere? 

Edited by Squirrely
  • Love 6
(edited)

After getting use to them as Snart and Mick, it was crazy seeing Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell as Michael Schofield and Lincoln Burrows again!  There were still moments where I thought the Legends fucked with time so badly, that they sent them back into the early 2000s!

So, it's been a while, but from what I remember, I watched and enjoyed the first two seasons of Original Prison Break, got bored with the third one, and didn't even finish the final season (checked out after Bellick died and everyone was broken up over it.  Despite the fact that he was a psychopath, who tried to kill them several times...)  Basically, this isn't exactly a show that was on top of my list for a revival.

And, yet: I enjoyed it?  I mean, sure, it was preposterous as hell like always (really, Michael's death being a fake-out despite Lincoln seeing his corpse is normally far-fetch, but considering Linc is the same guy who apparently thought some random lady's severed head was Sara's, it's not like it is that hard to fool him), but it was great seeing every one again.  Linc.  Michael.  C-Note.  Sucre.  Fucking T-Bag and Robert Knepper dialing it up to 11!   Yeah, I had fun!

For the most part, everyone seemed to fit right back in, but like with Legends of Tomorrow, I'm surprised over how much I think Dominic Purcell has improved as an actor.  Linc is still a bit of a dummy (I say that with affection!), but I think Purcell is doing a good job with Linc and his turmoil over everything.  I'm rooting for the big lug!

Already suspicious of the Sara's new husband played by the Royal Pains guy.

Hey, Inbar Lavi!  Good to see you, again!

Did I see Paul Adelstein's name in the credits?  Is Kellerman coming back, too?!  I thought he had died as well, but maybe that was all a fake-out.  Then again, anyone can come back at this point, and I wouldn't blink an eye.  Bellick.  Haywire or Mr. Kim.  My dream thought is Mahone.  I really wanted that awesome, crazy druggie to make at least one appearance!

Well, this should be a fun ride!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 9

So glad this ridiculous show is back!

6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

After getting use to them as Snart and Mick, it was crazy seeing Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell as Michael Schofield and Lincoln Burrows again!  There were still moments where I thought the Legends fucks with time so badly, that they sent them back into the early 2000s!

So, it's been a while, but from what I remember, I watched and enjoyed the first two seasons of Original Prison Break, got bored with the third one, and didn't even finish the final season (checked out after Bellick died and everyone was broken up over it.  Despite the fact that he was a psychopath, who tried to kill them several times...)  Basically, this isn't exactly a show that was on top of my list for a revival.

And, yet: I enjoyed it?  I mean, sure, it was preposterous as hell like always (really, Michael's death being a fake-out despite Lincoln seeing his corpse is normally far-fetch, but considering Linc is the same guy who apparently thought some random lady's severed head was Sara's, it's not like it is that hard to fool him), but it was great seeing every one again.  Linc.  Michael.  C-Note.  Sucre.  Fucking T-Bag and Robert Knepper dialing it up to 11!   Yeah, I had fun!

For the most part, everyone seemed to fit right back in, but like with Legends of Tomorrow, I'm surprised over how much I think Dominic Purcell has improved as an actor.  Linc is still a bit of a dummy (I say that with affection!), but I think Purcell is doing a good job with Linc and his turmoil over everything.  I'm rooting for the big lug!

Already suspicious of the Sara's new husband played by the Royal Pains guy.

Hey, Inbar Lavi!  Good to see you, again!

Did I see Paul Adelstein's name in the credits?  Is Kellerman coming back, too?!  I thought he had died as well, but maybe that was all a fake-out.  Then again, anyone can come back at this point, and I wouldn't blink an eye.  Bellick.  Haywire or Mr. Kim.  My dream thought is Mahone.  I really wanted that awesome, crazy druggie to make at least one appearance!

Well, this should be a fun ride!

I agree with all of this, I'm totally rooting for my man Linc. I'm also glad to see all the old faces. 

Re the bolded: my memory is foggy, but I believe he "died" during season 2 and was somehow resurrected during season 4, because I do remember him coming back. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 05/04/2017 at 4:06 AM, betsyboo said:

Mr. Kim!! I forgot about Mr. Kim!! God he was a delight to watch. (Love to hate and all that)

Ah, good old Mr Kim, or 'Agent Smug' as he was known in my house. Miss him. 

On 05/04/2017 at 3:48 AM, AmeliaBedelia said:
On 05/04/2017 at 3:01 AM, janeta said:

Ok wait--i thought Michael's grave was in Aruba or Panama or wherever it was they all ended up at the end of the series?

That was my first thought when Lincoln started digging. They changed the dates on the tombstone (which makes sense) but Michaels grave was definitely not in the US at the end of season 4.

Yes, Michael's grave was definitely in a beach setting in Panama, with different dates. 

And then Barry Allen did something. It's the most reasonable explanation ;)

On 05/04/2017 at 6:38 PM, theOAfc said:

Michael J is creeping me out,figuring stuff out so easily("i can see it in her face") . That aint a casual 7 year old. 

Yes - he seems to have inherited his dad's intelligence and hyper-perceptiveness. 

On 05/04/2017 at 4:36 AM, Artsda said:

I'm glad Sara remarried, but now is she still married? lol Or the question is, who is she married to.

As Michael is still alive, I'd assume that makes her second marriage illegal and invalid under bigamy laws? (stage whisper LET'S HOPE SO. I'm a huge Michael/Sara shipper.)

I loved every second of this. Almost all the main actors back and as good as ever - the strong cast was always one of Prison Break's greatest strengths. I've enjoyed seeing Wentworth and Dominic on the DC shows, but I like them better as Michael and Linc. 

Roll on episode two!! 

Edited by Argenta
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Argenta said:

As Michael is still alive, I'd assume that makes her second marriage illegal and invalid under bigamy laws? (stage whisper LET'S HOPE SO. I'm a huge Michael/Sara shipper.)

But did Michael and Sara actually get married in the first place? I can't remember if they ever said. (Also, a very foggy memory -- it was so long ago!) Even if they did, her (and him?) being fugitives would put that legality in a huge grey area if they used aliases.

Just now, kariyaki said:

But did Michael and Sara actually get married in the first place? I can't remember if they ever said. (Also, a very foggy memory -- it was so long ago!)

Yes - they showed their beach wedding at the start of 'The Final Break' - the joy was very short-lived since Sara was arrested for Cristina Scofield's murder during the reception :s

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Argenta said:

Yes - they showed their beach wedding at the start of 'The Final Break' - the joy was very short-lived since Sara was arrested for Cristina Scofield's murder during the reception :s

Oh right! You know, I think I have that Final Break movie on DVD somewhere. I need to drag it out and refresh my memory.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Argenta said:

Ah, good old Mr Kim, or 'Agent Smug' as he was known in my house. Miss him. 

Yes, Michael's grave was definitely in a beach setting in Panama, with different dates. 

And then Barry Allen did something. It's the most reasonable explanation ;)

Yes - he seems to have inherited his dad's intelligence and hyper-perceptiveness. 

I loved every second of this. Almost all the main actors back and as good as ever - the strong cast was always one of Prison Break's greatest strengths. I've enjoyed seeing Wentworth and Dominic on the DC shows, but I like them better as Michael and Linc. 

Roll on episode two!! 

@Argenta, I was going to give your post above a ❤️, but you just had to bring Barry into it, so I didn't!?But I agree with everything else!

I am so happy to see Michael and Linc back on my screen! I fell in love with this show when I was visiting my parents in India in 2013-where this show was airing, and when I got back, I bought the entire series! 

The chemistry between Michael and Sarah? ?????❤️❤️??WOWZA!!!!??❤️❤️?????

It's gratifying to know that both Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell were deliberately chewing and gnawing sceneries on Flash and Legends of Tomorrow-because they are both very good actors and I was actually questioning what happened to that talent when they showed up as Captain Cold and Heatwave!

But they will ALWAYS be Michael and Linc for me!

As for Sarah's marriage? Since Michael was declared legally dead, AND it's been over seven years, I think it's still legal. But since I can't stand the actor who plays Jacob-and I'm hoping he's a baddie, I hope he bites it, so there won't be any question as to the legalities of it all. But then again, just recall what show this is, and it doesn't really matter as long as Michael and Sarah reunite, and we also find out about LJ, who should be in his 20's now, Maricruz, and C-Note's wife and daughter!!! C-Note seems to be a lot subdued, so I hope that doesn't mean they died, which caused him to convert.

But really? I'm just here for all the pretty that is ???Michael ???and ???Linc ???and ???Sucre! ???

What?

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The chemistry between Michael and Sarah? ?????❤️❤️??WOWZA!!!!??❤️❤️?????

Yes, I think that's why the Michael/Sara pairing was so hugely popular, their chemistry is outstanding. Good to see it stood the test of time and is still cracklin'.

• Love 7

I loved the premiere episode and can't wait to see how everything plays out ! I'm already shipping Linc and the foreign woman ( sorry can't remember her name but she is a match fur Linc lol ) but I always liked Linc and the character Robin Tunney played better than Michael and Sara who were okay but I did didnt really care if they got together or not so that part of the show not why I am watching ! I watch for Michael , Lincoln , and T- Bag ! Am I crazy not to be a Michael and Sara fan ? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:
10 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Re the bolded: my memory is foggy, but I believe he "died" during season 2 and was somehow resurrected during season 4, because I do remember him coming back. 

End of Season 2, he had an ambiguous ending where he could have been dead or not; then he pops up alive in Season 4.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But really? I'm just here for all the pretty that is ???Michael ???and ???Linc ???and ???Sucre! ???

Heh. Glad to see everyone else, but I'm only here for Wentworth.  :)

• Love 1

End of Season 2, he had an ambiguous ending where he could have been dead or not; then he pops up alive in Season 4.

Ah, I must have either forgotten or he came back after I left.  I do remember it looking like he died in S2 and being gone, but I guess it was just a fake-out.

Forgot to mention, but during the whole hacked car bit, I was dying that Lincoln basically survived due to NOT wearing a seatbelt and flying through the windshield instead, so he didn't drown.  Worst PSA ad ever!  Remember kids!  Don't buckle up!  Lincoln Burrows doesn't and he gets by just fine!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, HawaiiTVGuy said:

For those questioning T-Bag's release, I thought it was obvious it was part of the strings being pulled by whoever also got him the high-tech prosthetic.

That makes sense. His original crimes i.e. kidnapping, raping and murdering kids would be enough to give him life without parole; add to that the fact that he's broken out twice since - which supposedly adds another decade to your sentence - and I count around 19 murders while he was on the run (seven of those in the Breakout Kings episode alone!)

No way he could be released without some behind the scenes wheeling and dealing - I hope the show makes that explicit and doesn't try to pass off that 'model citizen' stuff as the actual justification. Besides, he was never a model citizen, what with all the riot-starting, pocket-holding antics and abuse of his cellmates. 

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@Argenta, I was going to give your post above a ❤️, but you just had to bring Barry into it, so I didn't!?But I agree with everything else!

I'm sorry. It won't happen again, I promise *penitent face*  :p

• Love 1
(edited)

I had forgotten that the brothers were Mr. Snart and Mr. Rory. That makes Legends of Tomorrow even more fun.

The "previously on" was pretty funny. Except for a little bit at the end they only recapped the first season and tried to pretend the other three seasons didn't happen... as we all do. Looking back, I don't even think I watched the last season. It got so bad. And that was before peak-TV where I usually stuck with shows to the bitter end.

I guess the actor playing T-Bag was like "yeah fine, I'm coming back, but only if I don't have to schlepp around this dumb wooden arm for an entire season again." I suspect from now on he'll wear a glove to save on CGI budget.

Also the email on T-Bag's computer from the big black guy was kinda funny. I recommend pausing and reading it. But what T-Bag said out loud in response to it made no sense. I guess they just edited something in and never thought anybody would read the mail.

So does Micheal have memory loss or is this another idiot plot (warning, TVtropes link) where the plot would be resolved in 5 minutes if characters actually talked to each other and didn't keep dumb secrets? I guess time will tell.

I'm in for now, but the TV landscape has changed a lot. I'm barely keeping up with all the shows as it is. This will have to be a lot better than season two onwards, to keep me coming back.

On 5.4.2017 at 3:08 PM, MV713 said:

Yes even more believable than 24 Legacy!  Now that show pisses me off.

That makes me feel good in my decision not to watch that show. My rational was "No Kiefer, no watchy." :D

On 6.4.2017 at 0:07 AM, paigow said:

The surgeon said his femoral artery was hit...so if it was an intentional non-kill shot, then somebody got some splainin to do.....

Yeah, but you don't understand. In the prison break universe having your femoral artery severed clearly isn't nearly as bad as in our universe. It's basically just a scratch. If it was as bad as in our universe he would have bled out long before Sara got to him.

Edited by Miles

So was the letter that T-bag received suppose to have been from Michael? Even if it wasn't, why did it have to be so cryptic? Why couldn't it have just flat out said that Michael was alive and where he was?

Also, I kinda missed it, but didn't the quote on the bottom of the letter have something to do with T-bag getting a new hand? That could mean the same person who sent the letter is responsible for T-bag getting out jail and getting a new hand.

So there's some group that doesn't want people to find out that Michael is still alive, so they try to kill Lincoln and Sarah, but do a horrible job at it. Why aren't they trying to kill T-bag? None of this really makes sense at this point.

10 hours ago, Miles said:

I'm in for now, but the TV landscape has changed a lot. I'm barely keeping up with all the shows as it is. This will have to be a lot better than season two onwards, to keep me coming back.

I'm a little surprised you guys all enjoyed it so much. I know it's Prison Break, but in 2017, I thought they would come up with with better storylines/writing. There are plotholes and inaccuracies in almost every scene.

41 minutes ago, deux said:

...There are plotholes and inaccuracies in almost every scene.

But that's the beauty of Prison Break.  :-)

Sorry, but I kind of find it hilarious when people expect a fictional television show to be both (a) perfect, and (b) realistic.  It's entertainment; just go with it!

• Love 7
(edited)
48 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But that's the beauty of Prison Break.  :-)

Sorry, but I kind of find it hilarious when people expect a fictional television show to be both (a) perfect, and (b) realistic.  It's entertainment; just go with it!

That is true. But it should also be based in reality. Unless it is science fiction. Which PB is not. If a show becomes too unrealistic, it's kinda hard for me to really enjoy it.

Just a few inaccuracies good writers could easily avoid:

The bionic hand is just ridiculous. T-Bag wakes up from surgery and the hand is already fully functional. Lincoln flies through the windshield of his car without a scratch. Hitman (woman) no longer use the backdoor. They just park their car right in front of your house and walk to your front door with a gun in their hand (in broad daylight).

Edited by deux
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, deux said:

That is true. But it should also be based in reality. Unless it is science fiction. Which PB is not. If a show becomes too unrealistic, it's kinda hard for me to really enjoy it.

Prison Break is based in reality, I suppose.  What do we consider T-Bag's new hand?  That's sci-fi-ish.  

But I'm sorry to hear that; some of the most unrealistic shows can be the most entertaining.

Forgot to mention, but during the whole hacked car bit, I was dying that Lincoln basically survived due to NOT wearing a seatbelt and flying through the windshield instead, so he didn't drown.

That scene was the moment I knew Prison Break was back, lol! Logic and gravity defying stunts, giant plot holes, overly dramatic acting and notorious murdering pedophiles being released early are what makes this show so awesome.

I will admit I only watched the first two seasons so a lot of the weirdness around dates/graves/etc. is going over my head, which actually might make it better for me. I'm just here for the Linc, Michael, Sucre, C-Note magic.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, deux said:

Just a few inaccuracies good writers could easily avoid:

The bionic hand is just ridiculous. T-Bag wakes up from surgery and the hand is already fully functional. Lincoln flies through the windshield of his car without a scratch. Hitman (woman) no longer use the backdoor. They just park their car right in front of your house and walk to your front door with a gun in their hand (in broad daylight).

I agree with you that they could -should- try harder with the plot holes and inaccuracies, especially when the show is set in the 'real world'. On the other hand, the show has always run on what I like to call 'comic book logic'. It's not straight sci-fi, but it regularly goes right to the edge of (and sometimes over) implausibility.

I figured it'd be more of the same when I read that some of the same producers were involved. To really reboot the show I think they'd need a new creative team.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Trini said:

I agree with you that they could -should- try harder with the plot holes and inaccuracies, especially when the show is set in the 'real world'. On the other hand, the show has always run on what I like to call 'comic book logic'. It's not straight sci-fi, but it regularly goes right to the edge of (and sometimes over) implausibility.

And, they have to cut to the chase.  We're only getting 9 episodes.  T-Bag can't be learning to use his hand for half of a season, or Lincoln in the hospital with a concussion/gash on his head.  No time for stitches!  Let's just get to the action. :-)

• Love 4

I just want Michael to quickly let Linc know he is Michael and let Linc help him this time to "break out" of prison. I don't want them to be on the outs for half the season. Because as stated, this isn't a 22 episode season!

Do we know if this is a one-off season only?

6 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

That could mean the same person who sent the letter is responsible for T-bag getting out jail and getting a new hand.

Michael is behind T-Bag's release; he arranged for the surgery and embedded the appointment with the surgeon in T-Bag's online calendar. The surgeon noted that he knew T-Bag's benefactor only by the name Outis, Michael's new tag. Also one of Odysseus's. Like cunning Odysseus, Michael is taking the long way home to his wife and son.

Michael probably designed the hand as well, perhaps with a timer set to render it useless once the caper is concluded, and T-Bag finds himself returned to jail.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Do we know if this is a one-off season only?

It is... so far. I expect if the ratings are good enough, they could find a way to do another short season.

Per TVLine:

16 | Was the Prison Break premiere’s biggest stretch of credulity that wispy Michael’s jacket fit beefy Lincoln? Also, why did that blonde assassin leave Jacob alive, to potentially ID her? (Unless… Sara’s husband is one of them?!) And which nit do you most want to pick: the changed year on Michael’s tombstone, the fact that said grave changed countries, or the fact that prison escapee Sara is living free in America?

• Love 2
On 4/5/2017 at 8:48 PM, Squirrely said:

I may be at the lonely table, as I've always loved Sara and am the biggest Michael-Sara 'shipper ever!

I love Sara and Sarah Wayne Callies.  I think she's been great in everything I've seen her in.  She has plenty

of fans and a lot of talent.  That's why she keeps getting hired.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pallas said:

The surgeon noted that he knew T-Bag's benefactor only by the name Outis, Michael's new tag.

I completely missed that. I'm glad you were paying closer attention!

47 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

Was the Prison Break premiere’s biggest stretch of credulity that wispy Michael’s jacket fit beefy Lincoln?

Bit of an overstatement there - Michael is not and never has been 'wispy'. Linc/Dom just has a much larger head :D

29 minutes ago, molshoop said:
On 06/04/2017 at 2:48 AM, Squirrely said:

I may be at the lonely table, as I've always loved Sara and am the biggest Michael-Sara 'shipper ever!

I love Sara and Sarah Wayne Callies.  I think she's been great in everything I've seen her in.  She has plenty

of fans and a lot of talent.  That's why she keeps getting hired.  

I adore SWC. I first saw her in The Walking Dead, but as Sara she is one of my all-time favourite female characters. I think she's a huge asset to Prison Break! I can't imagine the series continuing without her. I love listening to her voice as well. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pallas said:

Michael is behind T-Bag's release; he arranged for the surgery and embedded the appointment with the surgeon in T-Bag's online calendar. The surgeon noted that he knew T-Bag's benefactor only by the name Outis, Michael's new tag. Also one of Odysseus's. Like cunning Odysseus, Michael is taking the long way home to his wife and son.

Michael probably designed the hand as well, perhaps with a timer set to render it useless once the caper is concluded, and T-Bag finds himself returned to jail.

Thanks! I also completely missed the name reference. I thought at first that Michael was behind all that, but I didn't think it was possible because he's been locked up!

2 hours ago, Argenta said:
2 hours ago, betsyboo said:

Was the Prison Break premiere’s biggest stretch of credulity that wispy Michael’s jacket fit beefy Lincoln?

Bit of an overstatement there - Michael is not and never has been 'wispy'. Linc/Dom just has a much larger head :D

Hee.  Though between the two brothers, there's a different skull/brain-pan ratio...

My theory is that the jacket -- along with its Kandiel Outis nametag -- was planted by Michael, in Lincoln's size. He knew Lincoln would go digging, once T-Bag came a-calling. And that where Lincoln was headed next, he might get some good use out out of a double-vented, neutral-colored, summer-weight-wool wardrobe staple. Lincoln seemed a little bemused as he modeled the jacket for himself.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Pallas said:

Hee.  Though between the two brothers, there's a different skull/brain-pan ratio...

My theory is that the jacket -- along with its Kandiel Outis nametag -- was planted by Michael, in Lincoln's size. He knew Lincoln would go digging, once T-Bag came a-calling. And that where Lincoln was headed next, he might get some good use out out of a double-vented, neutral-colored, summer-weight-wool wardrobe staple. Lincoln seemed a little bemused as he modeled the jacket for himself.  

Well, when in Yemen, one must dress for the season. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Thanks! I also completely missed the name reference. I thought at first that Michael was behind all that, but I didn't think it was possible because he's been locked up!

While the surgeon gamely delivered his exposition, he was upstaged by T-Bag's brilliant chrome appendage, clutched around his face, with T-Bag steeping over it...

The question may be, how did Michael become captain of this latest caper?  We know Rep. Kellerman will be in the picture; my guess is that seven years ago, in his role on the House Intelligence Committee, Kellerman learned of what foreign affairs experts consider to be a potential Islamic Gandhi imprisoned in Yemen. His thoughts turned, as so often they do, to a shirtless Michael Scofield. Or a dead Michael Scofield. Or both!

I can't review the last few episodes to recall, "Insert Kellerman HERE" since some anguish -- like getting your entire upper body tattooed -- should only be borne once. Unless. You're Michael, summoned to see Illinois Congressman Magnificent Bastard, who lays out the stakes and hears out your series of demurrals, despite your warm regard for world peace and more intense appreciation of that Ogygia holograph that Kellerman had the boys in Langley make up just for you.

So, Kellerman promised liberty and full immunity for Sara, if Michael went underground abroad for years to (1) create cover, (2) get betrayed and imprisoned, and (3) break out Yemeni Gandhi. The "2010" break-out scheme for Sara, and Michael's death from too much electricity (come on!) were staged. Since then, Michael's been Kaniel Outis, and only now has his plan reached the point where he needs to mobilize his crew back home. 

• Love 4

Late to the party.  Just saw the ep.

I not only expected it to be ridiculously over the top and unbelievable - I wanted it to be ridiculously over the top and unbelievable.  That's what I always loved about this show.

Mr. pig and I were cheering like we were in high school bleachers every time one of the regulars appeared.  It was like going to the premiere of Star Trek - The Motion Picture in 1979.  We didn't care if the movie had a plot.  We just wanted to see our favorite characters reunited.

Like many of you have observed, what kind of diet/exercise program has kept our cast from ageing over the past years?  They all look exactly the same as we remembered them.

Needless to say, we're in for the ride.

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, CountryCrazy said:

[...] Michael and Sara who were okay but I did didnt really care if they got together or not so that part of the show not why I am watching ! I watch for Michael , Lincoln , and T- Bag ! Am I crazy not to be a Michael and Sara fan ? 

No you are not crazy! Maybe in the minority, but I'm right there with you. I'm so not a Michael and Sara fan. I'm actually disappointed she's back; I was hoping that she wouldn't be in the reboot. I really hope Sara doesn't play much of a role; is it bad that I hope she dies?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Like many of you have observed, what kind of diet/exercise program has kept our cast from ageing over the past years?  They all look exactly the same as we remembered them.

The South Beach CGI Diet...Asked Game Of Thrones for advice - e.g. Cersei Walk Of Shame - about swapping heads on bodies...

I don't think the cast look as young as they did in the original - which is in no way a criticism, since ageing is what humans do, and they all look amazing just as they are now. I do think you can see some difference between their current appearances and the flashback footage, though. 

So, I watched PB originally with my mum and dad, and I insisted we all gather round and watch the new ep. tonight. I had to recap a few things from the first 4 seasons, but they seemed to enjoy it, and my mum came out with this remark:

"It's Flea Bag! Flea Bag is back!" 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, spiderpig said:

I'd stay Dominic definitely looks a bit older, and Wentworth is like 50% gray now. But otherwise, yeah, they all look pretty much the same. Hollywood!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Trini said:

I'd stay Dominic definitely looks a bit older, and Wentworth is like 50% gray now. But otherwise, yeah, they all look pretty much the same. Hollywood!

Or that they both have Ralph Macchio* Syndrome!????

*The man who never aged or barely did for YEARS!!!!!

• Love 2

I call it "Matthew Broderick syndrome".  :)

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or that they both have Ralph Macchio* Syndrome!????

*The man who never aged or barely did for YEARS!!!!!

• Love 1