Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Ogygia

Episode Synopsis:

Clues surface that suggest a previously thought-to-be-dead Michael may be alive. Lincoln and Sara, Michael’s wife until he was presumed dead, reunite to engineer the series’ biggest escape ever, as three of Fox River State Penitentiary’s most notorious escapees, Sucre, T-Bag and C-Note, are pulled back into the action.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Eight years after a series finale in which he died, Michael Scofield's back from the dead and ready to pop out of a prison yet again. Do we really want him escaping from the choir invisible to reappear on our televisions?

View the full article

Lisa (Sobell) - it wouldn't be this ride without you! (I can't figure out how to tag you - you don't come up in the popup.)

BRING BACK THE MAGNIFICENT BASTARD.

• Love 4

T-Bag is a WIZARD....The idiots Linc ripped off for $100K don't know where he lives...Days after being released from prison, T-Bag is waiting at the front door...WTF

• Love 15

How in blazes did C-Note make a direct call to the prison in Yemen, as if he was ordering a pizza? And did he really think they'd say, "Oh yes, Michael Scofield is here. Please hold, I'll transfer you to his extension."? 

The coffin and the jacket were in pretty good shape for having been underground for 7 years. I guess they were just recently placed there. 

I"m in - as absurd as it all is, let's do this! Sucre! T-Bag! Good times, good times!

• Love 14

They did a good job with the flashbacks of reminding me of that first, great season, and not how the show went downhill after that. 

I'm in too. What in the world could Michael Scofield be up to now? He clearly doesn't have amnesia, so why would he react like that to Linc? Here we go, let's break some more prisons! 

• Love 9

I'll tell you this -- I rewound this scene 4x and laughed harder each time:  

"I'm a raconteur!"

"I don't think that means what you think it means."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i loved every bit of it. Sign me up! 

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, janeta said:

Ok wait--i thought Michael's grave was in Aruba or Panama or wherever it was they all ended up at the end of the series?

That was my first thought when Lincoln started digging. They changed the dates on the tombstone (which makes sense) but Michaels grave was definitely not in the US at the end of season 4. I always assumed there wouldn't be much to bury after he was electrocuted. 

I've been super excited for the reboot and I'm glad it's finally here. Some of the dialogue was too expository but I understand that new viewers would have to get caught up.

I spent most of the ep wanting go get straight to Michael. The last few minutes did not disappoint and Lincoln's sob at the end was perfect.

• Love 7
(edited)

T-bag who is a rapist, pedophile and murderer (but not necessarily in that order) who also escapes from prison, gets released 7 years later for good behavior?! Lincoln is still a big dumb lug! C-note and Sucre and Linc all meet up and no one asks C-note "How's your wife and super sick daughter?" and no one asks Sucre how Maricruz is doing? They could just have been throw away lines but those people are the reason why those 2 escaped. And no mention of LJ either. Anyway... I would think Linc would be busting out of Michael's jacket. I'm sure Michael knows/remembers Lincoln, but it's probably part of his "plan" to pretend he doesn't. I saw Kellerman's name in the credits, but he wasn't in this episode - looking forward to seeing that slime bag! I hate the guy with the burnt ear as much as I hated Mr. Kim in S2. I hope the rest of the season isn't similar to the Sona BS. On that note, I can't wait until next week. 

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 7

I think Dominic Purcell sold this episode.  I have always liked Michael more, but this episode made me root for Lincoln to find his brother.  I guess later on, Sucre will come in handy with his tramp.  Sara looks so unhappy.  I noticed how she didn't really give a poop about her husband when she was running/hiding with Michael Jr.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, juliet73 said:

I saw Kellerman's name in the credits, but he wasn't in this episode - looking forward to seeing that slime bag! I hate the guy with the burnt ear as much as I hated Mr. Kim in S2. I hope the rest of the season isn't similar to the Sona BS. On that note, I can't wait until next week. 

Mr. Kim!! I forgot about Mr. Kim!! God he was a delight to watch. (Love to hate and all that)

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

Mr. Kim!! I forgot about Mr. Kim!! God he was a delight to watch. (Love to hate and all that)

Hated the actor/character on Prison Break.  Loved the actor/character on Grimm.

Edited by dirtydi
  • Love 4

I loved it! The airport scene was awesome. 

Inbar Lavi  is great, miss her on The Last Ship. Glad to see her.

I'm glad Sara remarried, but now is she still married? lol Or the question is, who is she married to.

• Love 1

i am so happy to have Michael Scofield back. And Sarah. And even T-bag...scary and horrible and mesmerizing, Sucre and C-Note, Linc...how I have missed  you all. The weather stinks, but spring is here.

• Love 3

I didn't say it before, but Dominic Purcell did a great job here. The interest and intesity of the episode really rode on him, and he definitely delivered. Looking forward to this crazy ride -- hurry up next week!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Thank God for C-Note, between Lincoln and Sucre the combined IQ still doesn't hit triple digits.

#truth And would it be Prison Break still if it did break a hundred? 

2 hours ago, paigow said:

Linc: [looking around Yemeni airport terminal] We're the only ones coming in....

Then why are there so many Uber drivers waiting ???????

Ha, a very good point! I look forward to nine weeks of unexplainable insanity, plotholes, and so many pretty men. I have always watched for the latter. I will watch again for the latter. Plus, Sara is proving pretty badass already.

• Love 8

I shouldn't be surprised that we are jumping right in to a storyline that makes no sense.  How is Sarah allowed in America? She was on the run last time we saw her.  Why on earth would someone send T-Bag the picture and whats with the hand doctor? And that lady wasn't obvious at all walking up the path with a gun on full display... I feel like this season will be even less believable than past season and thats saying something.  Oh well, Ill just be happy with seeing Scofield again.

• Love 1

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved, Loved, LOVED seeing the non-scenery chewing, intense, low key Purcell and Miller!!!!

Now all I need for them to give me because I deserve it and it's been SOOO LOONG to show is Linc in a white shirt that is half-buttoned and him doing the slo-mo model walk. Just because.

I'm in!!

That tat on Michael's hand is a clue, right?

Dominic broke me with his sobbing at the end.?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, betsyboo said:

Lisa (Sobell) - it wouldn't be this ride without you! (I can't figure out how to tag you - you don't come up in the popup.)

BRING BACK THE MAGNIFICENT BASTARD.

Wait.  Prison Break is back, fine, whatever.  Sobell is back too???!!!!  Now we're talking!

• Love 6

Well, they sure didn't waste any time to get the plot moving. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, it kinda felt like a combination of seasons 3 and 4. And that's not a good thing, but I'll give it a shot.

How and when did T-Bag bring the laptop to Fox River? It sure wasn't when he was captured in the series finale, nor was it during Breakout Kings. Has that modern looking computer sat there ever since he was originally arrested before the series began? That must mean at least very early 2000's, maybe even late 90's.

T-Bag got out for good behavior? The dude broke out and killed multiple people like five years ago. Or maybe Breakout Kings has been declared non-canon now?

So the original series took place in less than a year, since Michael's death was dated 2005 in his tombstone. But now it's changed to 2010. So did they change the show to take place in 2005-2010 or just 2010? Either way, it doesn't make any sense. If they had to make this season take place in present day, then why can't it be 12 years later instead of 7?

Nobody has aged a day since we last saw them. That's weird.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did they change the year of Michael's death because they wanted him to have a pre-tween son, or because they thought the show timeline ending in 2005 instead of 2010 would be 'too much math' for the audience? It's your own fault for having a screwy timeline, Show.

There better be more Sucre coming up. "I'm brown, and I know French!"

LOL at them only showing flashbacks to Season 1. Did like that they used that clip of the riot hug.

Get those dollars -- both Went and Dom have producer credits. Also noticed that both their names are shown at the same time (first) in the opening credits; in the original run Dom's name was first (even though Wentworth was the lead) because he was the bigger star at the time.

Do NOT care one bit about T-bag and his CGI hand.

Those hitmen were sloppy. Kellerman would not approve. Glad to see Sara learned a thing or two from the past 4 seasons, though.

I gotta say, the mysteries set up here aren't as compelling. It was nice to see the old characters, but the only story I'm really interested in is what's up with Michael. We'll see how much of this I end up fast-forwarding.

3 hours ago, betsyboo said:

It was soooooo satisfying when Lincoln got to punch him (repeatedly)!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4

Should T-Bag be renamed T-800? If he ate or drank anything before showing up for the operation, going under should have killed him [choking on his own vomit while asleep]

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Trini said:

Did they change the year of Michael's death because they wanted him to have a pre-tween son, or because they thought the show timeline ending in 2005 instead of 2010 would be 'too much math' for the audience? It's your own fault for having a screwy timeline, Show.

There better be more Sucre coming up. "I'm brown, and I know French!"

LOL at them only showing flashbacks to Season 1. Did like that they used that clip of the riot hug.

Get those dollars -- both Went and Dom have producer credits. Also noticed that both their names are shown at the same time (first) in the opening credits; in the original run Dom's name was first (even though Wentworth was the lead) because he was the bigger star at the time.

Do NOT care one bit about T-bag and his CGI hand.

Those hitmen were sloppy. Kellerman would not approve. Glad to see Sara learned a thing or two from the past 4 seasons, though.

I gotta say, the mysteries set up here aren't as compelling. It was nice to see the old characters, but the only story I'm really interested in is what's up with Michael. We'll see how much of this I end up fast-forwarding.

It was soooooo satisfying when Lincoln got to punch him (repeatedly)!

I noticed too that they changed Michaels tombstone death from 2005 to 2010.

insane storylines, incredulous plotholes, impossible timeshifts (and all of them using the same magic age-defying moisturizer as Rob Lowe): still more believable than the last two seasons of Hawaii Five-0.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Trini said:

Probably to have the gap between Michael's death and resurrection be 7 years, not 12. So that MIchael is only giving The Magnificent Bastard a run for his money, not running the table. So that Sara is re-married for only a few years, not the better part of a decade; so that Michael and his son aren't apart throughout the boy's childhood; so that the crew is more connected to his memory, and so that Lincoln won't need to have survived on his own for a dozen years.  

5 hours ago, Trini said:

Those hitmen were sloppy. Kellerman would not approve.

"Cheese it! The Fuzz!" and, "How am I supposed to notice a drenched Dominic Purcell if he's standing behind a sapling?" and, "It's three against two, fellas, and you must be jet-lagged. So no weapons."

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

insane storylines, incredulous plotholes, impossible timeshifts (and all of them using the same magic age-defying moisturizer as Rob Lowe): still more believable than the last two seasons of Hawaii Five-0.

Yes even more believable than 24 Legacy!  Now that show pisses me off.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, betsyboo said:

Some Romulan from the future created an alternate timeline by killing Captain Scofield in the 23rd century....

• Love 3

Ok, so this episode was pretty amazing.  We've been waiting patiently for what, nearly two years since this was announced?  And it didn't disappoint in my opinion.  As was noted above, there are already so many plot holes and unbelievable story points that it feels just like old times.  I love it!!

The Sucre cameo was pretty funny, and Linc hasn't changed.  Michael will clearly engineer his own escape and Linc will just be the muscle.  

At first I was annoyed that we didn't see Michael right away and that the focus wasn't on him, but in hindsight I changed my mind and I like that we have no idea what he's really up to.  DP's acting was pretty spot on and Linc being the focus (for now) is a nice shift.  I also liked the attention given to Sara and Michael Jr.

• Love 9

Well, nuts, I was going to get home for the best night of tv ever, X-Files and then Prison Break. And my car gets a flat in the middle of nowhere country. PB was MY show for all those seasons, even if the last couple years pretty much stunk, I stayed with it. Does anyone know if this ep is being repeated or online?

Big thanks, Biggie B. Heading there now to watch. I also found out it's being rerun this Saturday night, at least in my market. So I get to watch it twice. Can't wait to see all my boys! Twice! Woo hoo!

• Love 3

Last night was awesomely ridiculous, just like I remember!  T-Bag makes this show for me, so I'm willing to overlook the complete insanity that he got out on 'good behavior'.  I can't wait to figure out how he ties into all of this with his T-1000 hand.

Lots and lots of plot holes that I'll just continue to overlook because I love this crew.  C-Note has all of the Yemen hookups.

• Love 3

So many questions. First of all,i thought there was no body in the grave when i watched the flashforward in  4x22? How the hell did they allow them to put his body in the grave when Sara (and probably Linc by association) is wanted by police? I hope they explain this and dont skip the final break canon, acting like it never happened. Secondly,Michael J is creeping me out,figuring stuff out so easily("i can see it in her face") . That aint a casual 7 year old. 

I thought the episode was pretty mediocre. The writing was overall ok,with some too in the face dialog. I wasnt amused with Purcells acting tbh which is why i found it kinda boring somewhere in the middle. But i thought Linc was written way better than majority of s4. Btw,im sad that Linc didnt honor Michael's last words(from the final break) to stay out of trouble and that he and Sara didnt keep in touch. 

However im so glad the gang is back. I especially loved Sucre(probably the only comedic scene in the whole episode-S4 used to have plenty of comedy) and im very intrigued with the mystery surrounding Michael's recovery and his story the past 7 years. Also,Jacob is probably a bad guy,thats why that lady didnt kill him(right? right). 

Im expecting the story to pick up in later episodes especially with Kellerman joining and Sara being in danger but also with Michael escaping. 

p.s Went's voice is extra sexy when he is playing Michael. lol

p.p.s Sara keeping a gun hidden without letting her husband know about it is what Sara would do. Love her so much.

p.p.s 1 : T-Bag being T-Bag was when i really believed Prison Break is indeed back!

1 hour ago, no10pin said:

T-Bag makes this show for me, so I'm willing to overlook the complete insanity that he got out on 'good behavior'

He probably made connections to certain higher up people. Doubt they allowed him out earlier due to good behavior.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, tricknasty said:

And the actress is still wooden

Oh yeah.  She definitely still sucks as an actress.  When I saw the trailer for this new season I was excited, then I saw Sarah and was like, "this bitch.....still ruining shit!"  If they keep her to a minimum, I'll be good.

• Love 3

I watched the first couple of seasons of PB and enjoyed it.  Then it got so bad I quit.  But I tuned in for the final few episodes to see how they wrapped up the series.

Watched the premiere of the new PB with zero expectations, and can't believe how good it was.  The actors all look so good, it's like they filmed this years ago.  The actress who plays Sarah looks great, not a day older.  They all do.  It's amazing.

Liked the story so far, liked the acting, and can't wait to see where this goes.  Great job on this episode.

• Love 1

Also,Jacob is probably a bad guy,thats why that lady didnt kill him(right? right). 

That's my guess. He didn't act very guilty and/or on top of things during that scene, but I found it super odd she didn't kill him.

Or, he needs to be kept around so that Sara has a conflict of which man to choose. If he's dead, she's with the gang in an instant, leaving young Mikey in someone else's care. Or, he's a bad guy. Or both.

• Love 2

Okay, color me confused about the changed date on Michael's headstone. I watched the first two seasons and LOVED it. But, were all four seasons supposed to cover just one year? Is that why his headstone had 2005 on it? Because the show premiered in 2005 and ended in 2009. It all seasons just covered a year, okay, that makes sense, changing the date, but if it didn't, then why have 2005 as Michael's "death" date in 2009?

Aaaand I just gave myself a headache typing all that out while still trying to make sense of it!

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, TheGourmez said:

That's my guess. He didn't act very guilty and/or on top of things during that scene, but I found it super odd she didn't kill him.

The surgeon said his femoral artery was hit...so if it was an intentional non-kill shot, then somebody got some splainin to do.....

• Love 1