Type keyword(s) to search

Abortion: Stories Women Tell

• Start Topic

American women share their experiences with abortion and the laws governing the procedure in the U.S. Many sides of the debate are examined, from women dealing with unexpected pregnancies, to care providers, to female activists hoping to sway national opinion on the issue.

Premieres Monday, April 3, at 8 PM ET.

(edited)

Watching it now in the UK and wow, those preachers are cruel. They shout abuse at women and don't care about why the abortion is happening. One woman was having an abortion, because her baby had not developed correctly and would not survive. Like they would give a shit though. 

One of the preachers has had 3 abortions. She can take a seat and question why she thinks she can suddenly preach to other women about their abortions. Surely if these people truly believe that abortion is murder, they forgive killing 3 babies very easily? Sinister.

Edited by SerenityInSpace
  • Love 7

I think I would be in jail if I ever needed an abortion, and one of those holier than thou assholes harassed me. I was already getting worked up just watching them. Like the security guard says, what are they neglecting in their own life by standing out there day after day? Worry about your own house before you judge someone else.

And the female preacher that had 3 abortions (even though in one of the cases, the man wanted it and would have accepted responsibility for it), she can fuck off. How dare she  say "Well, its ok for me to do, but I'm going to make sure you can't do it!"  I hope there is a special place in Hell for these people, especially since they are taking it upon themselves to play God and try to control other people's life choices. Ugh.

• Love 8
(edited)

Yeah, but that's how those types work. They use their past transgressions (which they have all been forgiven for, natch) as proof that they know more than you and better than you, and why their opinion is the right one.  I was advised a few years ago that I likely would never get pregnant (even through IVF - my anatomy is messed up) but that I should take extra steps to ensure I don't get pregnant because it could kill me, and the baby.  I discussed it with my husband and he didn't want to take that chance, and he had a vasectomy (and don't get me started on how hard it is to get one if you're under a certain age, and haven't had kids).  And man, the righteous religious nuts had a field day with me when I came to someone's defense once.  According to them, my husband should have found someone else, or we should live a celibate life (ok - I'd like to see them try first).  And that science has proven that very few women die in childbirth, and those who do, die because of other reasons (well duh, that's kind of like how you don't actually die of HIV, but it's still the underlying cause because you wouldn't have gotten whatever disease that kills you if you didn't have HIV first - no dig against HIV patients - just the only example I could think of that matched up).  And lastly, apparently there's no greater thing in the universe then to die while brining a baby in to the world.  So when I asked what if the baby dies too, well then it was God's will.  As a Christian, their line of thinking offends me, and is untrue.  What's done in this life is between no one but you and God (if you believe). You'll have to answer for transgressions in the afterlife.  That applies to these nutbags as well, and to me, I'd rather apologize for being compassionate to a baby who would suffer pain during birth, or for not having to be punished for a lifetime because someone raped me, than explain why I chose to harass and browbeat women in a bad situation, and did it in his name.  People piss me off.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 11
(edited)

Omg I feel like we need to fight so much harder. But at the same time I've been taking birth control since I've been sexually active. Theres no way I would allow myself to get pregnant. At the same time if it did happen no one has any right to make me feel guilty about what ever choice I would make. I can't believe we are still fighting about this. And I feel any woman should be free to go where ever they want to have it taken care of. They should never feel bad about the choice. Its my body and no one elses. These religious people seem to forget that. 

Edited by riffraff
  • Love 6

There are many reason for which women needs to abort pregnancy. They do not enjoy to kill their babies but there are some situation where they must need to abort their pregnancy. It's "their body their choice".