Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Big Girl in the Big Apple

• Start Topic

Ok, I'm rewatching too because clearly, i just hate myself....

They definitely did not use cabs in New York. They definitely used a car service. I wonder if she knew she may not be able to get into some cabs.

Also, apparently making Todd watch her be in the video was an "accomplishment." What a total self-absorbed bitch.

• Love 3
On April 6, 2017 at 0:12 PM, John M said:

I just want to go back to that x-ray for a second, look at how fat her knee is. Your knee is not supposed to be fat, even if you are significantly overweight there should be very little fat on your knee, you are supposed to easily be able to feel the bone in your knee. Like you can see the crease in there where her knee is supposed to be but it got eating from fat coming from both sides.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Thissssasdfa.JPG

10 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I strongly suspect Todd's puking was not because of the workout. I think he was either hung over or had some meal that disagreed with him.

Or they needed a plot device in order to have Whit be able to talk to FM alone.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, MegD said:

Ok, I'm rewatching too because clearly, i just hate myself....

They definitely did not use cabs in New York. They definitely used a car service. I wonder if she knew she may not be able to get into some cabs.

Also, apparently making Todd watch her be in the video was an "accomplishment." What a total self-absorbed bitch.

That wasn't a cab or car service, it was a production vehicle.  It's much cheaper to have a PA drive around a rental vehicle than rent a car service.

• Love 2
On April 6, 2017 at 2:52 PM, abbey said:

Wow!  That x-ray is about what my right knee looked like before I had my knee replacement.. I was 63 at the time.  Knee replacement surgery is not fun. Her continued fat fabulous life is going to destroy the cartilage in her "good" knee also and she will hardly be able to walk much less attempt to dance. 

Or her opposite hip. My mom has a knee that is worse than Whit's and her opposite hip has given out due to the amount of stress put on it to basically be lame. She has about 25 more lbs to lose before surgery for the hip first. Then the knees. 

On 4/4/2017 at 6:12 PM, Maggienolia said:

And Twit gettin' all offended because he wants his OWN F*ING BED???? Because she just wants to CUDDLE??? Bitch, that ain't his job. OMG I can't. I can't EVEN.

When has Twit not demanded everything from everyone?  She sucks the life out of every room demanding all of the attention!

• Love 4
On 4/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, TurtlePower said:

So I just thought of this--why was Todd so upset about throwing up during the dance workout? Big deal! To me that can be a normal reaction to hard workouts. Happens to me 50% of the time when doing hills. Hell, if I throw up from a hard workout I consider it a good thing. 

Bu maybe he was hung over, who knows. It just didn't seem like a real big deal. 

I think Todd is a drama queen who is angling for his own show.  That's JMO.

8 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

Or her opposite hip. My mom has a knee that is worse than Whit's and her opposite hip has given out due to the amount of stress put on it to basically be lame. She has about 25 more lbs to lose before surgery for the hip first. Then the knees. 

My prayers and thoughts go out to your mom!  I wish her great success! ?

I know that I am WAY late to all of this (just finally got around to watching some of the more recent episodes today though), and I've yet to read the whole thread...so forgive me if my post is totally off in left field...
perhaps...I should refrain from posting at all...at least until I finish reading through the thread... but aah I have virtually no self control whatsoever apparently, so...

RE the bed sharing -- it's a personal preference...I would not say as a panacea that sleeping in the same bed as someone you're not in a relationship w/ is always "ick." I mean, I personally do NOT tend to be a particularly "cuddly sleeper," at all...and I tend to thrash around quite a bit throughout the night ...but w/ people I know well & feel very comfortable w/, I'm okay w/ it...sometimes. Hah! I remember one time that me + my SO + my FtM trans best friend (though this was ages ago, before he started transitioning) AND my (fairly large) dog all spent a night cuddled up in the same queen size bed. xP  And despite being packed in there like sardines, we all slept just fine!
Though, I do not at all fault Todd for not wanting to spent 2-3(+?) nights in the same bed as our dear Whitney...   Personal sleeping preferences aside, that bed does certainly not look very large -- certainly no bigger than a queen size, if not possibly even only a full size...particularly if one likes/needs to have a lot of room to sleep comfortably, I imagine having Whitney in that bed w/ you would make getting a good night's sleep quite difficult...especially w/ her insistence on wanting to cuddle/snuggle. O_o
Perhaps Todd was eventually able to acquire a roll-away trundle cot to sleep on...I don't believe they ever mentioned in the episode what ended up coming of his requests for an extra bed...
^^ I certainly hope so for his sake.

On 4/5/2017 at 1:12 PM, auntjess said:

I ff'd through it, and it was about 25:03 on mine, but recording sometimes starts before show.
It was  soon after the phone call to check on the cats.

I was thinking the other day how any dance career she might have achieved, has become "dance career" in quotes.

Babs has biting remarks, and the one someone quoted earlier, about her softly slipped-in remark about how she's embarrassed by Whitney was pretty cruel.
I bet Babs says "bless you heart" a lot, and in Southern, that's pretty damning.

I prefer the term "honesty" for Babs' remarks. That's not cruelty, especially in the light of the horrid things Whitney says to her parents and everyone else in her orbit.

• Love 2