Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Big Girl in the Big Apple

• Start Topic

Re: Whitney smelling bad, I am not assuming that based on her size, but rather her sweating issues, her admittedly lax personal hygiene, and most crucially, how she lets her cats shit and piss all over her house and does not notice the smell. If she doesn't notice it, it means she smells it all the time, and probably reeks of it herself. Kind of like how smokers who "don't smell smoke" tend to reek of cigarettes.

• Love 6

When the flight attendant was attempting to be sensitive to Whitney about her size with the seatbelt extender, Whitney whined about her.  When people are insensitive to Whitney about her size, she whines about them too.

And, if this "dance professional" finds it so damned hard to choreograph 10 minutes of music for a dance battle, maybe she should've made sure she had the choreo on lockdown before extending the challenge for a rematch.

• Love 7

I had bought into the Whit's a dancer lie, from earlier in just watching the show, before joining boards & finding out more. The whole show is founded on a lie.

I would've encouraged my kid to do something else with her life, even if it meant living at home a while longer. It's not worth the sell out. But the parents sold out with her so it's all part of the family dysfunction I suppose.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

And, if this "dance professional" finds it so damned hard to choreograph 10 minutes of music for a dance battle, maybe she should've made sure she had the choreo on lockdown before extending the challenge for a rematch.

[SARCASTIFONT ON] Have a little sympathy, Alapaki! She was probably all set to use another choreographer when that bitch Jya busted her for not doing her own dances. Do you have any idea how much time it's going to take for her find enough material to steal? I mean, to be inspired by? [SARCASTIFONT OFF]]

• Love 4

That and Whitney is not a professional dancer in that she is taught choreography and performs it, she is a professional dancer in the sense that she runs a Zumba class where she makes up and teaches her students choreography.

Basically her entire job is coming up with choreography and teaches it so why would she be so daunted by basically just doing her job?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

And I noticed Whitney really struggled to get onto the rickshaw. WHY? It was like a foot and a half step up. That's it. Nobody able-bodied under the age of 60 should have trouble with that. And the ramp up to the ferry was "Mount Everest." I would LOVE to see Whitney try to climb Mount Everest. You know she'd think she could, too.

She'd beat the sherpas to the top!! :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

Get it AZC! I'd watch a reality show about your life. 

And the hours of crocheting would be particularly fascinating.  Or the language as I rip out mistakes is, anyway.  Thanks anyway for your kind comment.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Well if I were him I wouldn't want her sitting on my whole left side. Friend or not.

I was reading posts a little too fast and couldn't figure out why Whitney wouldn't have wanted fried by her side.  Fried chicken, french fries.

Fried is Whitney's friend!  And now I will slow down and read carefully rather than skimming.

• Love 4
(edited)

I've been a longtime lurker, and finally decided to create an account.

Having watched this show from the beginning, Babs has always given me a catty bitch vibe. As the seasons have gone by, viewers have seen Babs' true colours emerge as someone who delights in directing a well-placed verbal barb at her daughter's expense, despite playing the faux role of a sweet, Southern Belle who wouldn't say "shit", even if her mouth was full of it. 

Some thoughts and observations from last night's show:

*Todd gave me the impression that he had the hots for the Fitness Marshall. Before the session started, Todd rubbed his chest quite a bit. When he ran out to worship the porcelain god, all I could think was that old Toddy boy had a serious case of blue balls, and couldn't stand all of the fabulousity!! (Sorry for that image, just put me on the next pedicab to hell)

*Speaking of pedicabs, it's obvious that the guy who took Whitney and Todd for a spin did not skip leg day

*Buddy sounded like death warmed over. I hope Whitney has an AED in her house

*I feel sorry for those poor kitties who have to crap on the floor

*When Whitney just wanted to lie around and cuddle with Todd (instead of exploring NYC), did she believe that she was going to check off "The Seduce a Gay Man" section on her bucket list?

*The cameras really seemed to focus on her thinning hair in this episode

*I was expecting Whitney to drop in her tracks and beg for a wheelchair when she complained about the steep, steep ferry ramp 

*Remind me that if I ever go to New York, there's much more to do than pretend you're a bunny rabbit starring in a fake exercise video in the middle of Central Park

But hey, I will definitely keep watching for the snark value alone! 

Edited by Meowza
Hit enter by mistake
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, Meowza said:

I've been a longtime lurker, and finally decided to create an account.

Having watched this show from the beginning, Babs has always given me a catty bitch vibe. As the seasons have gone by, viewers have seen Babs' true colours emerge as someone who delights in directing a well-placed verbal barb at her daughter, despite playing the faux role of a sweet, Southern Belle who wouldn't say "shit", even if her mouth was full of it. 

Definitely, she is a "bless your heart" type of "southern belle," heh heh. Welcome! I love your avatar because it looks like your post is a quote bubble being yelled by a kitty cat :)

• Love 2
(edited)

John M, thank you so much for your perspective!  

When I heard Twit complaining to Todd abt her being judged or villified because she's fat, I just thought of how self-involved that she was,  thinking everyone who ever sees her on the street is thinking abt HER  vs. their own shit/joy/meh lives. 

It didn't occur to me to consider Todd--as a gay man, being discriminated against, or hated, attacked, killed, etc. I have fought for women's rights and lesbians who were always part of any group that I was involved with in said struggle, so I feel bad for not figuring it out myself. And I  am very grateful for your posts. 

I didn't think that I could be repulsed by Twit any more.  And she calls herself a feminist.   I hope your viewpoint is  brought up on her FB and Twitter sites.  She is vile.  

Edited by Tosia
There are more important issues than weight.
  • Love 4

If those poor kitties are crapping on the floor, you can bet they are pissing on the floor, too. One goes with the other. If the box is too dirty to crap in, it's too dirty to piss in.  There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that can get rid the rankness of cat piss once it penetrates. 

p.s nothing against cats. Just the irresponsible owner's . I love cat's. 

• Love 5

I think part of the problem is that Whitney thinks she is "remarkably fat," i.e. that her size SHOULD draw attention to her, and that's how she likes it. Unfortunately, people are getting fatter by the second nowadays, so Whitney really isn't spectacular in any way, shape, or form. Maybe the greasiness and slovenly dress is a subconscious choice designed to make people "take notice." That way she can keep her "haters" (I feel like everything I say about Whitney requires air quotes!) and keep convincing herself that her fatness is the reason, and her social crusade must continue. I just wish I could meet her in person and say "it's not your SIZE that repels people, it's your PERSONALITY."

• Love 8

Rewatching, i see a part where Todd asks Whit if she sees any other "big girls" attending the class, and Whit says, "Noooo." Well, not as big as her, but arguably there were other "big girls" there.

IMG_0085.PNG

• Love 3

Was there some thing last night that a cat messed or peed on the floor? I must have missed it. I thought that was one episode some time ago.  Most pet owners have a pet who has messed up at least once.  

Most of the time, I think that Whit looks good in her clothes.  She seems to have some very fashionable items and accessories.  I wonder where she finds them.  It can't be off the rack in a store.  Not in NC.  I wish she'd get some proper bras and limit the sports bras to workouts.  A proper bra would help her figure, imo.  Her sports bras are too big.  They should fit snugly.  If you can lift the ban real easy, it's too loose, imo.  (No, I'm not a professional bra fitter. lol)

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Was there some thing last night that a cat messed or peed on the floor? I must have missed it. I thought that was one episode some time ago.  Most pet owners have a pet who has messed up at least once.

On the phone with Buddy, he said a cat is "shitting in the corner," indicating to me that it's happening regularly. Whitney wasn't surprised, either.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

On the phone with Buddy, he said a cat is "shitting in the corner," indicating to me that it's happening regularly. Whitney wasn't surprised, either.

I must have missed it.  Sounds like those two cats are having issues.  Sometimes, a cat shows it's unhappy wit h something  with litter box violations.  As a cat lover, she should know this.  Maybe, it doesn't like the cameras and lights from the crew. I'd send it to grandmother's house and see how it fares there. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Autocorrect. I know the difference, my tablet does not. But now that I am embarassed, see you all next week.

I tried to find a nice way to say this. My mind failed. Please don't be offended. My autocorrect can't get my name right - yours gives you "scrimshaw"? : )

How heavy do you have to be before an airline suggests you purchase an extra seat? I was shocked Whitney did not have her own seat belt extender, since we know she must fly to her appearances during the months TLC is not taping. My friend even has her own when we go flying. 

I have a felling Whitney will be "borrowing" some of The Fitness Marshall's steps for her next dance battle. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If those poor kitties are crapping on the floor, you can bet they are pissing on the floor, too. One goes with the other. If the box is too dirty to crap in, it's too dirty to piss in.  There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that can get rid the rankness of cat piss once it penetrates. 

p.s nothing against cats. Just the irresponsible owner's . I love cat's. 

From Twit's thinking she only has to clean the cats' litter box every 4 days, I'm pretty sure she's got one of those supposed self-cleaning boxes. Some cats accept them, most don't. Since Wanda doesn't, Twit should get her her own box and at least initially put it in the corner Wanda is using. Then, like with a kitten, Twit can move it a bit daily until it's where she wants it.

On the other hand, Twit is simply an abusive pig who doesn't clean the box often enough.

27 minutes ago, OwlBwise2 said:

I have a felling Whitney will be "borrowing" some of The Fitness Marshall's steps for her next dance battle. 

Didn't she & Todd say that's what they were planning to do -- steal FitMaster's moves?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit is 32 years old. It's time for her to grow up. Parents always influence a child's devopment. If there is a problem with nurture, there are thousands of shrinks out there ready to work with your mommy & daddy issues. In fact, I understand Twit herself is going to one. Good for her. But in her case, I think most of her disorder comes from within. I don't know what supposedly causes histrionic personity disorder, but I can't buy that parents are wholly to blame. 

Thanks. I was going to say the same thing. I'm all for blaming the parents when necessary, but just because your parents have issues doesn't mean that you have to take them with you into adulthood and that you have to be a thoughtless Twit the rest of your life.  She needs to own her own mess and fix it herself.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Dot said:

Didn't she & Todd say that's what they were planning to do -- steal FitMaster's moves?

No, no - "borrow" - which is so completely different. 

And no one would discuss such a plan, on camera, when it will be seen by judges & the opponents, unless of course, it's all contrived.

• Love 4
(edited)

Btw, speaking of contrived, I don't believe Todd was really puking. We saw nothing coming out of his mouth, & TLC doesn't shy away from showing vomit spewing out of people's mouths (sorry if anyone is eating right now, or, was eating)... & he didn't really look sick. I don't know about anyone but for me nausea is a miserable feeling, along with the messed up puffy face, watery eyes, possible hoarse throat afterward. I didn't see anything like that  & to me he looked fine. But it was very convenient to use to set up Whit's video to leave Todd out.

And he said he did 'musical theater" ?  So he has acting experience, I presume?  Not that he seemed good at it, but he's probably had enough experience to feel comfy taking on a 'role' as he did in this episode. My thoughts anyway.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

John M, thank you so much for your perspective!  

When I heard Twit complaining to Todd abt her being judged or villified because she's fat, I just thought of how self-involved that she was,  thinking everyone who ever sees her on the street is thinking abt HER  vs. their own shit/joy/meh lives. 

It didn't occur to me to consider Todd--as a gay man, being discriminated against, or hated, attacked, killed, etc. I have fought for women's rights and lesbians who were always part of any group that I was involved with in said struggle, so I feel bad for not figuring it out myself. And I  am very grateful for your posts. 

I didn't think that I could be repulsed by Twit any more.  And she calls herself a feminist.   I hope your viewpoint is  brought up on her FB and Twitter sites.  She is vile.  

I mean I don't mean to have some oppression dance off and as a gay man in a major city I have it pretty easy but the nerve of her, it still fucking sucks to be gay. It's horrible, the suicide rate for LGB youth is 4 times higher than hetrosexual youth, even in my wealthy urban neighborhood or even in the gay part of town a little bit of me worries about holding my boyfriend's hand and for legitimate reason. Yeah, life is so fucking easy for an effeminate single man that grew up in Greensboro, woe is you because you can't put down a cupcake.

I really don't want to go into my personal story but as someone around Todd's age if my mother hadn't taken extreme steps at intervention I could have easily been one of those suicide statistics

Just shut the fuck up Whit, a lot of my older friends lost most of their friends to AIDS while the government stood by and did nothing, that is the reality I formed my first thoughts about being gay, that's the lens a whole lot of people, even some of my own family view me through. Hell, if my boyfriend hasn't been in a long term monogamous relationship I don't even know if he would be alive today and he is not that much older than me. And you're angry that people judge you for eating because people say you should stop eating so much.

Just shut the fuck up Whit, I promise you that Todd knows way, way, way more about being oppressed, getting to love yourself with the expectations and judgement of society and personal pain because of stereotypes.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Take a shower and stop eating so goddamn much and don't tell us gay people how easy it is for us.

Edited by John M
  • Love 18
16 minutes ago, John M said:

Just shut the fuck up Whit, I promise you that Todd knows way, way, way more about being oppressed, getting to love yourself with the expectations and judgement of society and personal pain because of stereotypes.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Take a shower and stop eating so goddamn much and don't tell us gay people how easy it is for us.

Amen. I also noticed that she repeatedly called herself a "person of size," as if to equate herself as being in a marginalized class like "people of color." Yeah, Whitney, your people have been systematically oppressed for oh so very long, oh the horror, truly the quest for fat acceptance is the greatest civil rights issue of any generation ever. Just...offensive. On all levels.

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Amen. I also noticed that she repeatedly called herself a "person of size," as if to equate herself as being in a marginalized class like "people of color." Yeah, Whitney, your people have been systematically oppressed for oh so very long, oh the horror, truly the quest for fat acceptance is the greatest civil rights issue of any generation ever. Just...offensive. On all levels.

I'll never forget the day the food police raided the Golden Corral and started leading fat people off in handcuff on trumped up charges because they don't like fat people or just opened fire killing dozens of fat people for being fat.

Again, fuck you Whit, you know what it is like to feel you are actually a victim? When I see the signs at the gay bars saying no bags that appeared immediately after a massacre at a gay bar. Do you know what it felt like to gather for the victims of that with it in the back of our minds that someone might attack our vigil? That going out for a drink the day after it happened was an act of defiance, that many of us were genuinely afraid there would be copycats as were the police watching guard but would not and could not live in fear of being in another gay bar massacre.

I'm sorry, fuck you again Whit. Just ask Todd how great it felt to be gay after the Pulse massacre with his "perfect body", yeah, that's exactly the same you feel because people don't want to date you because you don't shower because you are a barely walking fat person stereotype.

Edited by John M
  • Love 14
48 minutes ago, John M said:

a lot of my older friends lost most of their friends to AIDS while the government stood by and did nothing,

It was a terrible time. I was in San Jose, CA, during the crisis years. Because there was no help from the govt, we had to form various kinds of support groups within the community itself. I lost many friends whom I still weep for.

• Love 1

Saw this episode today.

It's all fakey fake fake.  Twits and Todd's argument. Twit being the guy's video. etc etc etc.

First, they fly to NYC, where Todd is living. So why did they BOTH check into a hotel? Why not stay at Todd's? Or why did Todd not stay at his place and Twit stay at a hotel?

Next. Todd threw up and Twit didn't?  Comeon, TLC.  This is the idiot that fainted last season.  BTW - Todd must be in the "I'm gay but I don't know how to dress" category. The black socks with the workout outfit just grates my nerves. 

Twit giving Todd this "pity" look when he asked her if he should be happy for her.  It SERIOUSLY made ME want to puke.

The only thing I liked is Babs trading barbs with Twit.  More cattiness.

Lastly, you dumb bitch. You don't have a DANCE career. You have a Z list celeb stat career. Z list.

BTW - I agree. The girl due to her lack of hygiene and unwillingness to keep her home clean probably smells.

Crap. Where is Dr. Now? And why am I still watching this crap?

• Love 4
(edited)

Thanks,  JohnM, for the Golden Corral  reference which made me laugh, amid the clueless, privileged ignorance that is Twit.

My  elderly dad fucking loved that place!  And he was never overweight, although he regularly stole a chicken breast to take home to his cat. 

Also some good news: I teach high school --large urban city--and have seen several openly gay couples holding hands and even making out on the halls. I helped a trans kid find his mascara that rolled under a desk. His makeup was really well done.

Other kids ignore the couples. One guy was showing everyone the flowers his boyfriend got him for Valentine's Day. Many staff are sympathetic as well. 

I think Dan Savage's book/website, It Gets Better, and other similar educational sites, helps us all tremendously. 

My nephew was a goth kid (not gay-he had the same girlfriend for 9 years and they broke up-- although he had all kinds of diverse friends) who wore black makeup and nail polish. He got bullied bad in middle school. He was the nicest, kindest, sweetest person ever. He hung himself last October. 

Seriously, Twit needs a fucking reality check about her "struggles" in a wider world. 

Edited by Tosia
Not wanting to hate anyone, but Twit is challenging my efforts.
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Honey said:

Also, I noticed that when Whitney's hair is filthy, it separates in the back, looking all greasy and shit.  How disgusting.

There are dry shampoos out there in the world.  I've used them after surgeries when I couldn't bathe for a few days.  You spray it in like hairspray, massage in then brush through.  Your hair actually does look clean and natural.  She could at least use one of these products...

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Amen. I also noticed that she repeatedly called herself a "person of size," as if to equate herself as being in a marginalized class like "people of color." 

Wow, good catch! I eye-rolled that label a bunch because, as someone noted on the first page, we are ALL people of size, but I didn't catch the deeper intent. Which is surprising because I'm super sensitive to attempts in the US to legally conflate obesity, a lifestyle choice, with actual disabilities, with protections. I mean, I see that shit where it's not even happening! So yeah, good catch. 

• Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, greekmom said:

BTW - Todd must be in the "I'm gay but I don't know how to dress" category. The black socks with the workout outfit just grates my nerves. 

LOL, I have been known to be the victim of this. Believe me I am as gay as the night is long but I buy most of my clothes from the clearance rack at the Gap down the street from me and would be ecstatic if they came out with an adult Garanimals collection.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a total gay failure, I get regular brow waxings, manis, pedis, overpriced haircuts, you know, bathe and wash my hair, etc but I'm more than happy in a pair of tennis shoes I found on sale at Amazon along with some new socks, a pair of Gap 1969 jeans and whatever shirt I pulled out of the clearance rack.

But yeah, working out, whatever is clean and was dirt cheap on sale when I bought it, I'm going to be a sweaty mess anyways, might as well be in black socks that are fraying but have one or two more runs in them before they are thrown in the trash.

Edited by John M
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, John M said:

LOL, I have been known to be the victim of this. Believe me I am as gay as the night is long but I buy most of my clothes from the clearance rack at the Gap down the street from me and would be ecstatic if they came out with an adult Garanimals collection.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a total gay failure, I get regular brow waxings, manis, pedis, overpriced haircuts, etc but I'm more than happy in a pair of tennis shoes I found on sale at Amazon along with some new socks, a pair of Gap 1969 jeans and whatever shirt I pulled out of the clearance rack.

But yeah, working out, whatever is clean and was dirt cheap on sale when I bought it, I'm going to be a sweaty mess anyways, might as well be in black socks that are fraying but have one or two more runs in them before they are thrown in the trash.

JohnM I see your point. And maybe I should have been a more articulate.  The idiot (sorry I can't stand Todd after the c-word last season) is on tv. You would think he would be a bit more particular about what he wears.

15 hours ago, Honey said:

I have no respect for her because she has an addiction, and is not trying to get better.  If she were a heroin addict and currently shooting up, I wouldn't respect her either.  It has nothing to do with her being fat.  If she were anorexic, and refusing to get help, I would feel the same way.

Like any addict she can only deny it for so long.  She either gets help, or she dies.  It's as simple as that.

I think she's searching for something she didn't get in her childhood.  Her mother is not exactly the warmest person.  When I see Babs, I feel like I am looking at the exact cause of all of her problems.

When you have a mom as sweet as Babs, all you end up with is a mouth full of cavities.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Lastly, you dumb bitch. You don't have a DANCE career. You have a Z list celeb stat career. Z list.

You know what that means?  She'll end up on Celebrity House Hunting like Danny Bonaduce.
My criterion for being a really washed up star, is being on that show, and whenever they stick it in the schedule, Danny's one of the celebrities.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

My nephew was a goth kid (not gay-he had the same girlfriend for 9 years and they broke up-- although he had all kinds of diverse friends) who wore black makeup and nail polish. He got bullied bad in middle school. He was the nicest, kindest, sweetest person ever. He hung himself last October. 

Seriously, Twit needs a fucking reality check about her "struggles" in a wider world. 

I am so sorry about your nephew, Tosia.  It's horrifying how cruel people, especially young people, can be to each other.

• Love 6

You people are all people I would love to be real life friends with. I'm an average white girl close to whitneys age, and while I'm an average-ish size, I do recognize that overweight people are stigmatized, and there is a range of reasons people are overweight that have nothing to do with calorie intake, so please don't be insulted by anything I'm about to say, I'm more specifically referring to Whitneys attitude and not necessarily society or people with legitimate issues whether physical or mental.  

That being said, Whitney can have a stadium full of seats with her "person of size" comments implying she is discriminated against because of size. First, as said above, it sounds like she is trying to align with people of color, but people of color are unfairly discriminated against over something they have NO control over. People have lost their homes, jobs, families, and lives over the color of their skin for no reason other than the ignorance of others. The same goes for when she tries to align herself with the lgbt community, to this day they are still fighting to have the same rights and recognition of their relationships, just because of someone's opinion of who they should love, and have to fear losing their own life or a loved one simply because of hate... but yeah Whitney the fact that I don't want to share my airplane seat with you is discrimination, me pointing out you do nothing to prevent your weight is ignorance, me not falling all over myself to congratulate you on doing 3 jumping jacks is hate. The truth of the matter is that even if she were truly discriminated against because of her weight (which I don't doubt has happened, just maybe not the ways she focuses on) but she can change that, she's not helpless. A black woman cannot simply change her skin color, a gay man cannot change who he loves... but Whitney can choose not to order a pizza. 

We all face adversity at some point in our lives, I don't want to trivialize anyone's issues. Nor do I truly believe we should have to change ourselves to be accepted, my long winded point is that Whitney makes herself the victim of something outside of herself, when the issue is within her control to some degree.  I could even get behind Whitneys body positive movement if that's what it truly was, but the only body type she seeks approval for is her own, her body positivity is geared toward overweight people. She openly sneers at thin people, and claims they have it easy... without taking the time to understand why. People do have conditions that make them unable to gain weight, and that can be just as detrimental to their health as an overweight person. People suffer from anorexia/bulemia (which Whitney has said she suffers from) only to have their conditions dismissed because people don't see being thin as a problem.  And there are tons of body issues that are not weight related...She may as well advocate for being "overweight positive" 

Sorry for the tangent, I just get ragey because I fall into a similar demographic as Whitney, and let's be honest 30-something, white girls have things relatively easy compared to other minority groups. It's often assumed that I don't care about the injustices other groups face, and I feel like it's in part because people like Whitney try to equate their issues with people who have actual issues.

• Love 15
(edited)
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Thanks... People teach English as a second language classes in the US. It may not provide a lot of cash, but she has no one to support but herself. She could pull two jobs if needed. In no way does she need to be making an ass out of herself on TV, except, I guess, for the attention.

Gonecrackers  ITA.  I've taught ESL classes, unfortunately I'm sure that they don't pay anywhere what Twitney is making from TLC.  So me thinks she'd much rather "work"  for TLC for as long as this charade will last; Twitney doesn't seem to be particularly accountable; I can't imagine her being "reliable" for showing up for any type of real "jobs", unless they would some how benefit her fabulousness.

8 hours ago, John M said:

And echoing what someone else said, yeah, as a gay man around Todds age it is just wonderful, honey wake me up when you have to genuinely worry about walking to your car because someone might bash your head in for being fat. Tell me what it's like to worry if work finds out you are gay that you might be fired. Oh yeah, all those fat people being kicked out of restaurants. Yeah, life is just so fucking awesome for us gay men with average bodies (Todd hardly has a perfect body). Poor Whit, some people say things about fat people that you don't like, let me alert my friend with a trans kid that she is genuinely worried if she will be able to get him into adulthood without killing himself, she will get right on with making sure people shoveling food into their mouths don't feel bad about it on occasion.

John M.  I've appreciated your insight and comments here. I totally understand where you're coming from.  I'm not gay, however I do have MS,  I'm pretty functional (currently in remission and OK unless I get in overly warm situations, have to deal with prolonged stress or have to stand for any length of time).   I too worry about being "outed" at my new job.  Pprior to my being let go,  I worked in health care (ironic, eh?) and as soon as my diagnosis was "shared" with others by my supervisor, (via an "accidental" Reply all e-mail none the less),  I was "let go." after working for this facility for 20+ yrs. with strong performance evaluations.  Spouse (of 25 yrs) couldn't "deal" with my diagnosis either, he left me.  Trying to find a job (I'm in my late 50's now) where I can support myself, get some type of employer paid health insurance and at the same time being unable to disclose something that is "part" of me (at no fault of my own) has been more than difficult.  I've suffered depression (partly due to organic changes MS does to the brain) and have considered suicide at times.  So watching a show  makes me less than sympathetic to this obese, self centered, ego maniac who (with some self-control) could change her entire circumstance. 

So thank you for your insight, I'm done watching this POS show.  I decided I can't keep wasting an hour of my life watching the "fabulousness" she enjoys.  I wish I could get her to walk a mile in a "real" person's shoes. (Although knowing her "aversion" to shoe wear), she'd probably not be willing to do so!

P.S & BTW:  I wish someone would call Animal Control in Greensboro on her.  Ignoring her cats basic needs is considered cruelty.  Not to mention making her house a place of unsanitary conditions for her cats which can carry zoonotic disease that can be shared with humans.

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, Pachengala said:

You don't have to imagine--this one we know for sure! Todd said, on camera, that her house smells terrible. 'Acrid! Acrid! Acrid, Ohio!' were his exact words, leading Whit to find MULTIPLE piles of cat shit. In her living spaces. So fabulous!

Buddy and Whitney.  Probably two of the worst people to be roommates with.

I can imagine Buddy just noping out of there with his CPAP machine when Twit isn't around and just filling the cat food bowl daily and nothing else.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2017 at 10:43 PM, Snarklepuss said:

The fact that she almost couldn't get into the pedicab spoke volumes.  Then Todd asked her if that was her "good knee".  So she has a "bad knee" we don't even know about?  That explains the lack of great choreography in her "dance" routines.  She may be the real reason her group didn't win the dance battle and why she is so stumped for choreography if she has to work around a knee injury/disability plus who knows what other disabilities she may have related to her weight.

Also, she referred to herself as "350 lbs."  I thought in the previous episode the scale said 364 or something like that.  Did she lose more weight or is she just rounding it way down?

Last week I predicted a lot of cab taking while in NY, which judging from what was shown was the case.  No way was she going to go up and down stairs to the subway, or even to get up on a city bus, especially with a "bad knee".  It's no wonder she has a bad knee with her weight and with all the activity she engages in.  She is a disaster waiting to happen.

There's an X-ray of her 'bad knee'  No cartilage.

Age 32, no knees, not a candidate for knee reconstruction.

Not very fabulous.

untitled.JPG

• Love 3

I am not as deep into this show as many on this forum but I thought Todd's behavior reflected really poorly on him.  I don't understand why anyone would behave that way on TV.  Why not suck it up and be gracious just for the sake of not looking juvenile on TV? Do we think he was egged on?  

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

As a woman who is now a happy size 16 (in regular and not women's sizes), I can see both sides of the issue. There is real discrimination against fat people in daily life. Studies have shown that they tend to be paid less than thinner counterparts and may not get promoted as readily. Other studies have shown that some physicians do not respond as quickly to health complaints of obese patients as they might for a more normal sized one. So there are real issues out there.

But these are not the things that Whitney is fighting against with her "no body shame" focus. She goes looking for minor things to be offended over; the minor daily insults and indignities that pretty much everyone endures in one way or another and has learned not to make a huge deal over. She takes any slight, whether it has anything to do with her size or not, and makes it about fat people being discriminated against. She seems genuinely offended that the world isn't built to accommodate not just people who are overweight, but people who are in the super-obese category. Whether it's chairs with arm rests, airline seats or any other venue where you don't fit in comfortably, she paints it with the brush of discrimination. Does that mean that my father, who is 6'5" and had to travel often for work was being discriminated against when he found coach seats too confining and caused him leg pain? Or my mom, who is 5'3", is being discriminated against because she can never reach things on the top shelf? The world doesn't exist to make you comfortable, or to conform to your specific needs every waking moment.

3 hours ago, qqererer said:

Not very fabulous.

untitled.JPG

This is only the start. What's going to happen when she starts having hip issues as well? Her body has been screaming at her for a long time that it's just not designed to carry the amount of weight that it is and do the level of physical activity that she is demanding of it. That at her age she can't get into a pedicab (which is not exactly a bit step up) is frightening. She is well on her way to being profoundly disabled, and you're right qqererer... at her size she would not be a candidate for any kind of surgery to repair this damage. She would not be able to manage on crutches and her good knee would never be able to tolerate bearing her full body weight to give her bad knee a chance to heal (and I'm not taking bets on what kind of shape her "good" knee is in right now). And this is on top of her other physical ailments that we've seen addressed on the show.

There is only one solution to her physical problems, but that would show her whole "fat and fabulous" spiel to be the lie that it is. That would destroy the only reason that this woman is in the public eye at all. Once she admits that her weight is an issue and that she is actively trying to lose weight, if only for health reasons, many of her followers will be disillusioned and seek out someone else to assure them that they are perfect and no one should tell them otherwise.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, escapetoreality said:

I am not as deep into this show as many on this forum but I thought Todd's behavior reflected really poorly on him.  I don't understand why anyone would behave that way on TV.  Why not suck it up and be gracious just for the sake of not looking juvenile on TV? Do we think he was egged on?  

Juvenile as it was, maybe he just had enough of Whitney making everything about her. I seriously think I'm over this stupid circus of a show (about to stop watching 600 lb life too--it's gone over the top too). 

Oh and I wish I would've counted the times I heard the words "dance career." Dance career. Dance career. Dance career. Dance career. Dance career. Dance career. Oh, fuck off!

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 6

Uck I thought once the dance battle was over we would never have to hear the phrase "dance battle" again which she said over 100 times each episode but now there is a second dance battle and ...drinking game "dance battle",,,,,,,yadda yadda. Just shut up.

• Love 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, auntjess said:

I ff'd through it, and it was about 25:03 on mine, but recording sometimes starts before show.
It was  soon after the phone call to check on the cats.

Thanks, I retrieved the show from my DVR trash and yes that is most definitely the Washington Square Arch in Greenwich Village.

6 hours ago, qqererer said:

OMG, having recently seen an x-ray of my own right knee and being told I have mild arthritis in it, this is WAY worse and I'm almost TWICE her age (I'm 58 and a half)!!  Note that I've had it since I was in my 40s and not overweight so there is a hereditary component there.  I just did a lot of exercise which I have read can be a contributing factor.  Anyway where Whit is concerned, I don't doubt that she also has a torn meniscus as I have read that that often happens as a result of the arthritis/exercise combination.  That can be very painful as I know from my own experience, even more painful than the arthritis itself.  I am sure she often experiences pain with her condition.  Not a candidate for surgery too?  Wow.  If this isn't a wake-up call I don't know what is.

Here's a theory of mine - I think she actually has faced these physical issues and IS making a wishy-washy attempt at dieting, which is why she lost 20 or so pounds as featured in her weigh in earlier in the season, but she's not making a feature of it on the show it because she doesn't want the whole world focusing in on every little loss/gain, because as we all know she is likely not to stick to the diet religiously enough to produce a steady downward trend (if any).  Also, she doesn't want to have to admit to the world that she was WRONG that she could be "fat and fit" and that she has now realized that she has to change her attitude about her weight and health.  So I think she is keeping this new attitude and diet somewhat on the down-low to avoid looking like an ass.  Too bad it's not going to work, she looks like an ass anyway!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, qqererer said:

Buddy and Whitney.  Probably two of the worst people to be roommates with.

I can imagine Buddy just noping out of there with his CPAP machine when Twit isn't around and just filling the cat food bowl daily and nothing else.

Twit has a CPAP machine; I don't think Buddy does or he would look more rested.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, escapetoreality said:

Because that's what the script called for.  TPTB at TLC decided they wanted some tension on the show besides the whole fake "dance battle", to up the ante, so they have Todd at odds with Twit so that the audience will be left wondering how in the world Twit will ever pull off her big upset and win the battle?  And to amp up any sympathy the audience might have for Twit.  This is just a poorly scripted/acted/directed soap opera really.

• Love 3
(edited)

I know that we go on about the scripted bullshit on this show, but that moment when Whitney was bitching about Todd's moment of anger at her over the dance video and ranting about how privileged Todd is because he's of a normal weight and has a fit body really spoke volumes to me. I'll first agree with previous posters who mentioned it, but to throw that in the face of a gay man is pretty reprehensible and ignores the real prejudice that actual LGBTQ people face. Just because she had one kiss with a woman doesn't mean that Whitney is a part of this community and shows a total lack of self-awareness of what another person might face in life. In her world, only her struggles have any meaning.

But it also revealed that for all Whitney's insistence that her life is so "fabulous" that she can't do a lot of things because of her weight. She does get excluded from a lot of things simply because she physically cannot do them and she does resent that people might view her in a negative light because of her size. She clearly is struggling on a daily basis and sees Todd (and others) having what seems to her like they're having a much easier time with things. Todd is adequate looking, so I'm assuming that he does okay with dating, while Whitney has had a string of bottom feeders (if any of these relationships were real and not made up for TV).  It's not being highlighted on the show, but we've seen multiple times that her knees are pretty well shot (at least one of them is) and even climbing into the back of a pedicab was a struggle. Her life isn't as great or easy as she's been pretending it to be and the cracks are starting to show. We're already seeing that her dancing isn't great because she can barely bend her knees (her performance for the video when compared to the others was pretty bad) and it's only so long before that knee gives out on her completely.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Dot said:

From Twit's thinking she only has to clean the cats' litter box every 4 days, I'm pretty sure she's got one of those supposed self-cleaning boxes. Some cats accept them, most don't. Since Wanda doesn't, Twit should get her her own box and at least initially put it in the corner Wanda is using. Then, like with a kitten, Twit can move it a bit daily until it's where she wants it.

Wanda is using more than just one corner - Todd pointed out at least 2 different corners filled with cat poop in that one episode.  Reminded me of a former next door neighbor of mine who lived in a studio apartment - she was a drunk with mental/emotional disorders.  She asked me into her apartment one day, and there was cat poop all over the rug (she had 3 cats), and their box was filled to overflowing. 

I didn't go into the apartment very far.   LOL

35 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

But it also revealed that for all Whitney's insistence that her life is so "fabulous" that she can't do a lot of things because of her weight. She does get excluded from a lot of things simply because she physically cannot do them and she does resent that people might view her in a negative light because of her size. She clearly is struggling on a daily basis and sees Todd (and others) having what seems to her like they're having a much easier time with things. Todd is adequate looking, so I'm assuming that he does okay with dating, while Whitney has had a string of bottom feeders (if any of these relationships were real and not made up for TV).  It's not being highlighted on the show, but we've seen multiple times that her knees are pretty well shot (at least one of them is) and even climbing into the back of a pedicab was a struggle. Her life isn't as great or easy as she's been pretending it to be and the cracks are starting to show. We're already seeing that her dancing isn't great because she can barely bend her knees (her performance for the video when compared to the others was pretty bad) and it's only so long before that knee gives out on her completely.

If she resents how people see her now and feels sorry for herself because of it, just wait until she's obese, over 40 (or 50 if she makes it) and unable to walk.  She's actually able to capitalize on being somewhat facially attractive now plus she gives off an air of youthful vigor, but just wait until all vestiges of her attractiveness have faded and she is dependent on others for every little basic thing.  That's going to be some pathetic sight and even the audience that manages to love her now will be less sympathetic as she cries in Dr. Now's (or similar doctor's) office.  Meanwhile, everyone will know that she had EVERY opportunity to change her fate long before it came to that and there will be very little sympathy for her.

• Love 7