Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Draggily Ever After

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm fine with every one of the top three queens this week, mostly because none of their sidekicks are going to give me freakin' nightmares for the next month, unlike EVERY other queen.  

Kimora took losing well, probably because you could see her giving up halfway through the lip sync and resigning herself to sashaying away.  A totally deserved sashay at the right time... early.  She stunk.

Edited by DasFlavorPup
  • Love 2

Nine seasons into this shit and we still have queens who can't sew. Unsurprisingly, both are from Vegas. I'm assuming that Farrah and Kimora have very deaf sugar daddies. Kimora is a profoundly lazy queen. At least when Adore short circuited during All Stars 2, you could tell that Adore was going through some stuff. Kimora is just lazy and full of herself. #HeroWithoutHipPads

Valentina's princess costume was underwhelming, but her face is gorgeous and her writing was pretty funny.

• Love 4
(edited)

Nine seasons into this shit and we still have queens who can't sew. Unsurprisingly, both are from Vegas. I'm assuming that Farrah and Kimora have very deaf sugar daddies. Kimora is a profoundly lazy queen. At least when Adore short circuited during All Stars 2, you could tell that Adore was going through some stuff. Kimora is just lazy and full of herself. #HeroWithoutHipPads

This is interesting, because while both the Vegas queens can't sew (how???? IT IS SEASON NINE!!!), I think Farrah displayed a bit more emotional intelligence than Kimora. Kimora tried to act holier-than-thou, too-cool-for-school about resting on beauty, which endears her to no one. Farrah whines a lot and plays up the childish thing, but it was enough for Eureka to help her. I wonder if they knew each other before the show or became fast friends in the way you do when you're in this kind of setting. Eureka reminded me a lot of my old roommate; I was the helpless whiner and he would roll his eyes and just get whatever task done I needed, because it was easier that way.

I have theories abound as to why Aja was chosen for the bottom two in lieu of Farrah, who pulled a Derrick Barry and was hoping that her body-ody-ody would distract the judges from the fact that she couldn't make anything:

1) They thought putting the Vegas girls against each other would either look too mean/cutesy/rigged

2) Farrah's outfit was bad but she had a cohesive character and sidekick, just poorly executed, while Aja's concept was all over the place and never translated

3) Aja is Katya in Season 7 Episode 2 in which she gets a fire under her ass and slays the lip-sync while defeating someone who would have gone home lip-syncing against a tree stump

I was watching this at a bar and Michelle's read of Kimora being "so brave" about the padding had the room DYING.

Speaking of bars, the Cynthia/Trinity convo about Pulse really got to me but I think I will take more of that over to the Small Talk thread as it's about more about personal experiences than the actual episode.

Other tidbits:

Nina also slayed and was worthy of Top Three. I loved Sasha's story as it was one of the few that actually had a fairy tale element.

Trinity is endearing herself to me. She reminds me a lot of competitive pageant queens I know in real life and I like that she's not afraid to go down a comedy/ugly route despite that, and Michelle seemed to get that, too.

Cheyenne Jackson could tell me to go to hell and I would look forward to the trip.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Love 10
(edited)

Not sorry to see the end of Kimora. 

Unfortunately I missed big chunks of the episode because the VH1 app sucks. It will just keep playing commercials over and over again until you restart the live television viewing, not realizing that you've missed the show resuming because it got stuck in a commercial loop.

I have to admit the repeat names (Sasha, Nina, Trinity, don't we have an Alexis?) are really throwing me. I can't put faces with any of those names except Nina.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 3

I would describe how I feel about Kimora leaving, but I don't know what an adjective is.

I kinda hope she was playing dumb, which is annoying, but maybe she really is that ignorant? Good luck to her in the future. I thought she'd go further, but she really was all talk.  Except she doesn't have much of a vocabulary. (Bloomers, adjectives...)

• Love 18

I feel like that wasn't the first time we've had an (English speaking) queen with some very obvious basic education problems, especially the younger ones. Not sure if this is just the state of public education, or maybe some of them had to drop out of school due to complicated home lives/bullying/etc. 

• Love 5

There were anvils dropping in the workroom, so I wasn't surprised at the bottom two/three.  Kimora, who said she was a 10 compared to Jaymes.  Well, maybe a 7 (looks only), but Jaymes was not good.  Then we had Farrah, who also can't sew - I was like oh they're going to rip her for the bra/sarong look.  Then Aja saying she'd kill it because design is her thing.  Ding, ding, and dong. 

Then on the lip sync, did that song really call for splits and death drops?  She's looking for a real man, a hero, kind of desperately looking for Mr. Right, after finding losers.  I know they do it to be dramatic, but sometimes the athletic moves do not fit the song. 

Then as Kimora grabs her statue, she said something, well at least they'll see I was the pretty one.  SMH. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Then on the lip sync, did that song really call for splits and death drops?  She's looking for a real man, a hero, kind of desperately looking for Mr. Right, after finding losers.  I know they do it to be dramatic, but sometimes the athletic moves do not fit the song. 

Google Tandi Iman Dupree. That video is iconic in the drag world and I think it will answer your question.

• Love 7
(edited)

Geez, Kimora couldnt even delivery a emotional backstorie. She pretty much failed at everything. If she pays for people to do her stuff, either she needs more money or get a better taste cause everything she presented looked cheap.

I see people wanting Farrah in the bottom with Kimora, but Aja needed that wake up call. She looked like a beaten up clown.

PS: Smart move from Trinity. She looked at Valentina victory over her last week and saw what she was missing: personality. And she just took advantage of the challenge to actually show one.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 2
(edited)

Gia Gunn at least came across as truly oblivious and delusional, which made her entertaining. Kimora is living definition of a BB Queen who thinks her flotation devices make up for lack of...everything else. 

Mad that I put Farrah on my drag fantasy league team instead of Drag Baby Valentina. Her sidekick was hilarious, loved it! Courtney Act made it to the final three being swim suit fish most of the time, so I'm not going to pummel Farah and Kimora too hard for not knowing now to 'sew'. But girl, you better know how to super glue the hell out of some shit! Like...put a starfish over your hooha, make some std jokes, this is not rocket science!

Which is why Trinity won. Her idea wasn't that imaginative, but she committed to both characters and thought things out very carefully. Her confused face as Princess Aquapussy while she waited for the WTD punchline was *priceless*. What does she mean she 'finally' won a challenge? This is the second challenge! Is there a secret Drag Race fight club we're not seeing?

Sasha Velour is too earnest, needs to show a she can just do something silly without trying to get all Art School about it. 

The thing that annoyed me most about Kimora this time was that she had A GREAT IDEA. Like, c'mon. A flipped Cinderella tale about a princess who was entranced by the mystery man with a golden banana, but then midnight struck and he ran out...leaving her with nothing but the banana peel to try to find her true love. Bob/Bianca/Ginger/Katya would have annihilated that idea, resuscitated it, then killed it again.

The contrast between Aja's instagram/snapchat/whatever posts and her real makeup is like a SNL routine. OMG, her makeup is so busted. She should get a job as a photoshop artist, I bet the Kardashians would hire her based on her own portfolio.

Edited by rozen
  • Love 5

Farrah couldn't beat RuPaul's wax statue in a lip sync, whereas Aja is the most energetic lip syncer they have this season. Since it was clearly Kimora's time to go, it made perfect sense for them to put her up against Aja so they at least got one half of a good battle for this episode. 

I thought this challenge was fantastic. Sewing challenges usually just test them on their design skills, but here they had to incorporate some character work and comedy. Even though most of them really only succeeded at one or the other, I think we got a good idea of what each queen is about. 

I definitely would have put Charlie on the top over Peppermint. Peppermint had the more ambitious look, but Charlie's was more polished and her sidekick was maybe the funniest one. I'm alright with Trinity taking it, though. 

• Love 4

I liked Eureka's idea and wish it had worked out better.

I could see the heavy edit hand this episode.  I wish they wouldn't force one queen to ask another a question, just let the conversation flow.

Pulse :(  I guess glad we're talking about it, but this is an escape and thinking about what happened makes me sad and mad.

Trinty deserved the win.

Peppermint is probably my dark horse (no pun intended).  She is getting a good, but not the best edit, but I really like her personality.

So little Nina Bonina!

During the lip sync I was yelling "FATALITY!  FINISH HER AJA!"

I feel sorry for Kimora, in my experience the girls who have to constantly remind you are they are the prettiest are the ones with the worst self esteem.  Pretty girls tend to know they are pretty and they dont need to tell you about it.

(edited)

When it was down to the F3, I knew Aja would have to step it up. Kimora lost the first two elimination challenges- second time in the bottom two in as many challenges (with a REAL bottom 2)? Send in Aja to slay! Besides, it was way too early to take the true eye-candy home (they're watching you younger generation Instagram fans!) Farrah Moan is not only this season's best drag name, she's arguably the prettiest gal in Drag Race herstory. (Ah, youth.) She does play dumb (but unless someone else named her, she has to have some degree of intelligence), not buying her "Oh I named myself Farrah after Farrah Fawcett (yeah right) and I like to moan"* on MTQ. Girl no, you at least "get" the name. Somebody has had to explain it to you by now.

Trinity was my sole prediction for (at least top 3) in Ep. 1. (I can't predict the winner out loud, or else it jinx's it for me.) Now she's moved into my "at least top 2, if not takes it all" spot. Get 'em girl.

Confession, I have never been into lip syncing shows. If I pay to see a queen, I want some at least seemingly original material. Give me an Alaska, Willam, or Bianca show and I'm there. (I was too late on the Katya tickets, and was kicked out after Alaska, so I'll never know "her"). Pay drag race prices to see someone solely lip sync- I would have never. I'll pay a nominal fee to watch a non-TV Queen strut her stuff. I understand the herstory, but I have ADD people. In whats probably drag blasphemy,  I never "got" the appeal of the lip sync. Well, I do now. This leads to an Unpopular Opinion: I now understand why Aja's Instagramed-self is actually revered. That lip sync had my partner and I living. Every time the camera cut to Kimora, I was screaming "No!" In fact, we spent the last hour you-tubing Aja's lip syncs, (which is something I never thought I'd willingly do for any Queen). And we were completely memorized by her skills. Aja may look as rough as spray-painted nails, she may have no sense of a backstory beyond "Banjee!", and she may have some bad taste. But that woman is a performer through and through. She executes death drops, death spirals, and death splits into fluid dance movements, with nary a pause. Most queens do the drop (if they can) and then there's a slight recovery time. Not Aja. That gal was born to dance, and she does it well. She feels the main line and the base line simultaneously. Never before, have I seen a Queen dance so flawlessly to two beats simultaneously. I can't think of a better time to show us what she has, than a LSFYL on Drag Race. Show us you deserve to be there Aja! (And if you watch Aja's other lip syncs, that was her holding something back. We didn't get any of her dramatic spin drops, that seamlessly transition like magic. Aja you went from our bottom 3 (that makeup!, that horrible style, that nose ring that you refuse to alter)- to the S9 Trinity K. Bonet in this episode. Sorry guys, but that was one of my top LSFYL in herstory! Who could look away from Aja in favor of Kimora?

I only readily remember three LSFYL: This one, Raven and JuJu (Dancing on my Own), Manilla (MacArthur Park), and Latrice (Natural Woman)- aside from the delightful double wigs, and the horrible "drag is not a contact sport". I know I'm missing an obvious one here, but off the top of my head, THAT'S what sticks out. I guess Aja will be the Trinity K. Bonet of the season. (I know I'm forgetting someone somewhere in there.)

-More Charlie Hides please!

-Biscut, as we affectionately call Eureka, (and not because of her "biscuit basket"), needs a new hairdo like Jaymes needed a new heel.

-Sasha needs a new brow artist.

-Aja needs a new makeup artist.

-Valentina- with her backstory- is going to make it far, though the lip sync will have to be right up her ally.

-Farrah may have just draped some fabric, but damn if all the details (Nails, nails, nails and light blue highlighter weren't on point!) She can "rest on pretty" on my TV all day long. Kidding...sorta.

-Nina set the bar SO HIGH from her first and second appearances. She is a make up artist in the sense of Face Off, not in the "worked at Clinique sense". However, her spandex unitards have to eventually go. Side note: I never get offended by Drag Race, but I found Nina's "Osama" word-play to be hitting a sensitive line. Though, I did feel for her tragic backstory (I'm a sucker for a depressed or anxious Queen!)

-Alexis, cut the Roxy attitude (pre AS2) and you'll be much more likeable.

-Peppermint, show off that body more girl. Makeup is on point, but the covered up looks with no tear-away or pop-up (ugh pop-ups) leave me wanting more. You can do something more creative. I know you can.

Aja and Kimora- your outfits were 2 of the worst in herstory. Burn them immediately. At least Aja took off her constricting orange Muppet coat, so that she could actually dance. Kimora, that white boa atrocity did NOT work as a prop or  an accessory. In fact it either blatantly failed at covering a weak performance, or got in your way. Judging by last week, my bets on the former. 

-Valentina, covered. Judges charmed by her backstory and her ability to create stories with just a look. As an upcoming "bride" I have to love her for wearing that wedding dress (and thank you Michelle for letting me know that I must wear white heels with a wedding dress- good looking out girl!)

-If I forgot you, you're safe!

Honorable mention goes to Michelle this week. We all know why!

As always, just my take, with occasional notes from my loving partner. Have more to add re: Pulse and it's placement in the episode, Cynthia schooling the native English speakers with... English, and Farrah as a performer. But this post is long enough.

Maybe if enough people made it to the end, they'll bring back the mini-challenges!

P.S. Jackson can get it anytime, anywhere, from almost anyone.

P.P.S. Way too late, but Jaymes Mansfield is the drag version of Trisha Patyas. If you don't know Patayas, do yourself a favor and DON'T check out her YouTube channel.

Kisses to all the fierce queens, princesses, and faithful viewers. Keep the cutting commentary coming. I love it!

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4
(edited)

Watched untucked and Aja´s atittude was almost as ugly as her makeup/look. Totally got defensive and started to attack other queens, starting by taking all her frustation in Valentina. Yep, maybe she shouldnt be in the bottom 2 but she earned her place in the bottom 3, so she shouldnt act like it was outrageous (time to realize shes not at her facetune word, on the stage were shes popular, that shes facing very polished queens). Look at yourself in the mirror girl, rewatch your confusing character. Lmao at Alexis thinking the top 3 should have being a combination of her, Sasha, Charlie or even Aja.

Kimora redeemed herself a bit for at least appreciate the friends she made and by not go out as such delusional as she presented herself at first. She knew it was her time, her limitations.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 1
(edited)

Cheynne Jackson is almost TOO damn attractive, isn't he. Yummy. And my love for Todrick Hall continues! 

Re: Cynthia's explanation of cucu, I had figured as much (culo --> cucu). I cracked UP when she mentioned her mother hitting her with a chancleta (aka house slipper), I do not condone violence but growing up in a PR household, the threat of that chancleta being taken off mama/abuela's foot may have been occasionally used to bring certain naughty children in line... ;-)

I'm fine with Kimora sashaying away, she did not show much in her two episodes other than "I'm pretty. See?" Farrah Moan was all Farrah Whine in the work room, ugh. I really hope someone helps Aja tweak her makeup for the lighting of tv, I want to see her do well but she needs help. 

Petey the Pilot Light and Trinity's redneck sidekick had me LOL. I'm glad Trinity won, she certainly learned from the previous week's challenge and applied herself 100% to the princess/sidekick challenge, bravo! Valentina continues to shine, I love how polished she is at such a young age and continues to shine (and learn). And more Nina, please. 

Still have not seen Untucked come up on YT yet. I'm dreading having to hear Farrah whine tho. 

Ok so just watched Untucked, Nina's "I plead the 8th" was what I needed first thing in the morning to make me laugh. But Aja. Oh Aja, that shade of green does not look good on you. :-(

Edited by Kaboom 2.0
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Xazeal said:

Farrah couldn't beat RuPaul's wax statue in a lip sync, whereas Aja is the most energetic lip syncer they have this season.

I was BLOWN AWAY by Aja's lipsynch, probably because I didn't see it coming at all. I didn't know Aja could dance like that. She was so compelling to watch. I haven't felt that way about watching a queen dance since *pop* Alyssa Edwards. Aja deserved bottom 2 IMO, Farrah at least had good makeup and hair going on. Aja talked so big about "I can sew, I'm creative, I got this," then she came out in .... THAT. Dafuq.

So glad Kimora Blac is gone. She is like a dumber, more siliconed Gia Gunn, and somehow even stanker than Gia personality-wise. Gia at least made me laugh one time (Delorean/ancient dildo).

1 hour ago, Granimal said:

but I found Nina's "Osama" word-play to be hitting a sensitive line.

At first it turned me off, until I thought of how much Osama bin Ladin would HATE to have a drag queen named after him, now I am tickled by it. Suck it, terrorists!

• Love 8

After watching Untucked, man does Shea need more screentime. I knew she'd be a fierce performer, but I'm really surprised by her on-screen charisma. "Why y'all acting brand new?"  

Also, as much as Aja's attitude sucks, I did enjoy seeing some actual drama for once. The past few seasons have just had passive aggressive sniping and overly defensive nutjobs, but Aja's rant was deliciously hateful. And as extra as it was, I wonder if the others share her sentiment to a degree - last week they all thought Shea should've won, and Shea mentioned wanting to "hatefuck" Val, so there may be some sort of teacher's pet thing here. I smell a storyline in the making.

• Love 1

The contrast between Aja's instagram/snapchat/whatever posts and her real makeup is like a SNL routine. OMG, her makeup is so busted. She should get a job as a photoshop artist, I bet the Kardashians would hire her based on her own portfolio.

It's like when you meet someone online or through an app and then meet them IRL and you're like how old is that picture? Is there some different unit of measurement where you're from that somehow makes you 6 feet tall? Aja's makeup is that busted. It is so busted that I'm shocked that the other queens don't clown her by asking "Do you know Aja? She's this cute queen I follow on instagram. You're from Brooklyn too. Do you know her?"

• Love 7

Ha, as soon as Ru said that they had to create a new frock for this challenge, I was clapping my hands with glee because I knew some of these queens would HATE IT. Look, I can't sew for shit so I understand it to a point. But I am also not going on a competition where I KNOW I will be asked to make some kind of costume at some point. If you know you're going to be on RPDR, you need to learn some basic sewing skills (just like you need to have two complete looks/personalities ready to go for Snatch Game). If you don't, you're just like one of those idiots who goes on Hell's Kitchen who can't cook risotto or one of those dummies who goes on The Amazing Race who hates heights, won't eat gross stuff, can't swim, can't drive a stick shift, and can't read a map. You're just asking to be eliminated. Everyone knows you will be asked to do these things so being unprepared is your own damn fault.

Kimora saying she's a spoiled queen who pays other people to make her stuff just made me love this challenge even more. Start glue gunning, bitch. The fact that this dummy doesn't even know what an adjective is made me want to kick her out of the competition until she can learn basic skills like elementary school grammar. Kimora has such a pretty face but she makes herself look so unattractive because of the negative/bitchy faces she makes (and it's NOT resting bitch face - she is making very specific faces in response to what other people say).

Farrah sitting on the floor whining about how she didn't want to make a costume was SO ANNOYING. She sounded like a five year old. Like it's not enough to complain. She has to do it in the whiniest voice possible. Eureka is much nicer than I am. When I hear whiners, I'm like sorry, nope, you're on your own!

Trinity made me roll my eyes when she kept going on about how she was going to beat Valentina, especially after last week. Girl, just BE BETTER and stop obsessing about how long Valentine has been doing drag. I don't care how long someone has been doing drag as long as she does it well. But then she stepped it up and won, so good for her.

I was cracking up when Aja said that this was her challenge to win since she makes 90% of the things she wears. Really, little miss name dropper who spent the first episode showing us all the pieces that famous people gave you?

As much as I love hearing the queens talk about personal stuff in the work room, it makes me sad that they have these discussions while they're putting on their makeup. I see their faces start to crumple and I think noooo, you're going to ruin your makeup! Poor Cynthia. I can't imagine how she must feel knowing that her friend was at Pulse that night to see her.

Man, some of the back stories these queens came up with for their princess and sidekick characters made no fucking sense at all.

Not surprisingly, Farrah's and Kimora's costumes looked cheap. They looked like exactly what they were - bras with skirts made of material tied around the waist. For someone who bragged about her sewing skills, Aja's costume didn't look very good. Her story was a bunch of nonsense and her makeup was terrible. At least Farrah's was clearly some kind of mermaid look and she put some effort into the hair. Kimora's costume didn't look like anything specific.

In contrast, Shea's costume looked the least homemade. It wasn't a super fancy costume, but it looked like something you could buy at a costume store (which, in this case, is a compliment because it didn't look crap that someone stapled together).

Peppermint's fire costume was the most complete looking character from head to toe. I liked Valentina's character, costume, and princess story. Her leotard had some interesting details like the cutouts at the neckline.

The best part of Trinity's costume was the headpiece. Her dress/leotard was simple but well made. I didn't like her makeup though. Her interaction with her sidekick really helped push her past the other girls.

Kimora blathering about being uncomfortable without her padding sounded like a lame excuse for her terrible costume. No one said you couldn't wear hip pads. Maybe if you know how to sew well enough to make a costume that was more than some scraps of material tucked into your underpants, you could have worn hip pads with your costume. I was so glad that Michelle pointed out how brave Kimora was for sharing her story.

Aja deserved to win that LSFYL since she was the only one putting any effort into it at all. Kimora clearly didn't know all the words to the song and she was barely able to make herself walk around the stage. Her exit interview confirmed my belief that, in the words of Tyra, she was just resting on pretty.

12 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

I would describe how I feel about Kimora leaving, but I don't know what an adjective is.

HA!

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Xazeal said:

After watching Untucked, man does Shea need more screentime. I knew she'd be a fierce performer, but I'm really surprised by her on-screen charisma. "Why y'all acting brand new?"  

Also, as much as Aja's attitude sucks, I did enjoy seeing some actual drama for once. The past few seasons have just had passive aggressive sniping and overly defensive nutjobs, but Aja's rant was deliciously hateful. And as extra as it was, I wonder if the others share her sentiment to a degree - last week they all thought Shea should've won, and Shea mentioned wanting to "hatefuck" Val, so there may be some sort of teacher's pet thing here. I smell a storyline in the making.

I knew that b!tch would be in trouble! Every time someone brags about blowing the competition away and taking the challenge because they're so good at costuming! Figures someone who doesn't sew does well and the so called professional winds up LSFYL! Amazing! ;-)

I just started watching the season last night (my cable doesn't include the Logo channel anymore for some reason) so I'm sure it's been explained already.. but can someone tell me why that one Puerto Rican one is back? I forget her name. The one with the super thick accent who says "coocoo" lol. I didn't know past contestants were allowed back? 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, msgxoxo said:

I just started watching the season last night (my cable doesn't include the Logo channel anymore for some reason) so I'm sure it's been explained already.. but can someone tell me why that one Puerto Rican one is back? I forget her name. The one with the super thick accent who says "coocoo" lol. I didn't know past contestants were allowed back? 

They've brought back past contestants several times.  Halleloo!

Cynthia Lee Fontaine is who you're talking about. Not long after her previous elimination she was diagnosed with liver cancer, underwent chemo, and is now in remission. I don't think there has been an official show reason, but I've been hearing here and there that she was off her game during her original season because she was ill, so Ru felt it was the right thing to do to give her another chance to compete at 100%. 

Edited by apollonia666
  • Love 5
Just now, apollonia666 said:

They've brought back past contestants several times.  Halleloo!

Cynthia Lee Fontaine is the one who was brought back. Not long after her previous elimination she was diagnosed with liver cancer, underwent chemo, and is now in remission. I don't think there has been an official show reason, but I've been hearing here and there that she was off her game during her original season because she was ill, so Ru felt it was the right thing to do to give her another chance to compete at 100%. 

I didn't know they've brought back old contestants before. And I've watched every season starting with season 4!

That's nice of Ru though I definitely felt like Cynthia had more potential in her original season. She has a great personality too. 

6 minutes ago, msgxoxo said:

You should be looking for the show on VH1 babe! Cynthia came back after the 1st episode was completed I think! I didn't see it, but heard a past contestant was coming back! Her English may not be the best, but obviously better than Kimora who needed someone to explain what an adjective meant! I'm not a serious watcher anymore! I hate the challenges and the show still doesn't seem fair at times! These are seasoned queens who are so much better than earlier seasons! For now they're very collegial and nice! I wonder how long that'll last?  ;-)

3 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

You should be looking for the show on VH1 babe! Cynthia came back after the 1st episode was completed I think! I didn't see it, but heard a past contestant was coming back! Her English may not be the best, but obviously better than Kimora who needed someone to explain what an adjective meant! I'm not a serious watcher anymore! I hate the challenges and the show still doesn't seem fair at times! These are seasoned queens who are so much better than earlier seasons! For now they're very collegial and nice! I wonder how long that'll last?  ;-)

I know that's why I could watch this episode cause it's on VH1! Luckily I have that channel cause I love this show. But yeah so far this season isn't too exciting to me. Nobody really stands out THAT much like some queens have in past seasons. And yeah there hasn't been too much drama. Hopefully it gets better! 

And yes I love Cynthia she's sweet and that story about how she came up with cucu was funny. 

Just now, msgxoxo said:

I didn't know they've brought back old contestants before. And I've watched every season starting with season 4! 

Shangela is probably the most egreg- er, well known example. She was eliminated in S2 and brought back during S3. Then several other queens were eliminated and then brought back within the same seasons: Naysha Lopez was brought back during S8, Trixie Mattel in S7, Kenya Michaels in S4, Carmen Carrera in S3. So they've done it six times in nine seasons!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, apollonia666 said:

Shangela is probably the most egreg- er, well known example. She was eliminated in S2 and brought back during S3. Then several other queens were eliminated and then brought back within the same seasons: Naysha Lopez was brought back during S8, Trixie Mattel in S7, Kenya Michaels in S4, Carmen Carrera in S3. So they've done it six times in nine seasons!

Don't forget the All-Stars2 where they brought back 4 queens "for their revenge!" Coco, Alissa, Tatiana, & Ginger all came back after elimination for a while halfway through the season! Adore could have come back, but she flaked out after the 1st challenge and left! What an idiot; given this opportunity only to throw it away! ;-)

• Love 5

Speaking of Shangela, I've been amazed how much exposure "Derrick" gets even though his makeup skills stink and costuming is subpar! I've seen her all over the place; "Blue Bloods" with Jinkx Monsoon, "Dance Moms" showing Nia how to do the "death-drop," hosting comedy shows, commercials, and some TV movie review show I don't watch along with Ginger! ;-)

6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Pulse :(  I guess glad we're talking about it, but this is an escape and thinking about what happened makes me sad and mad.

The conversation got me a little verklempt but I'm glad they included it. Just like the show, bars and clubs are supposed to be an escape, and...well, I don't mind an occasional reminder from RPDR that those spaces shouldn't be taken for granted.

Also, I'm glad Cynthia's getting a second chance, but enough with the "cucu" already. You don't hear Shangela dropping "Sickening!" into every other sentence. Oh wait...

• Love 3

In the first two episodes, I didn't like Eureka and Trinity personality-wise, and I didn't think anything of Shea, but I really appreciated all of them in this episode/untucked. Shea's rapid "I can fix that" to Nina's "I'm a born-again-virgin" had me howling.

Aja's personality is one of my least favorite since at least LaGanja, if not all the way back to PhiPhi. She's crazy if she thought that ugly ass outfit with the busted make-up and wig line was going to put her in the top three. And she said she took a risk? Was the risk going out there with no cohesion? But she slayed the lip sync.

Alexis is starting to get a little cloying, and it's turning her into a filler bitch. Is she the one who said there was a lot of astigmatism in the pageant world? Because it's the best thing she's said, and she didn't even mean it.

• Love 4

I only readily remember three LSFYL: This one, Raven and JuJu (Dancing on my Own), Manilla (MacArthur Park), and Latrice (Natural Woman)- aside from the delightful double wigs, and the horrible "drag is not a contact sport". I know I'm missing an obvious one here, but off the top of my head, THAT'S what sticks out. I guess Aja will be the Trinity K. Bonet of the season. (I know I'm forgetting someone somewhere in there.)

Raven and Nicole.Paige.Brooks--"Never Gonna Get It (My Love.)  The bra pad face mop?  Priceless.

but I found Nina's "Osama" word-play to be hitting a sensitive line.

At first it turned me off, until I thought of how much Osama bin Ladin would HATE to have a drag queen named after him, now I am tickled by it. Suck it

Immediately I thought of a routine that JB Smoove did over 15 years ago where he mentioned terrorism and said, "Now some Sista's gonna be namin her baby "Osama.

"The look on Michelle's face when Farrah walked out was EVERYTHING.

• Love 1

Aja is reminding me of Trinity K Bonet a little bit so far. Not great at the challenges, defensive and off-putting when backed into a corner, but I bet I'm going to love all of her LSFYLs, and I'm guessing there's going to be a fair few of those.

This episode was so refreshing! I've been waiting for an actual challenge. I swear that's been the problem since Season 7 -- they've been moving away from having the queens being creative and shifted into endless fashion shows and pre-scripted skits and whatnot. Creating two characters and creating a monologue -- yes!! So much better than that cheerleader thing, where it seemed like the girls were being judged on athleticism (?!). Now they just have to bring back photoshoots with Mike Ruiz!

Still would've liked to see a little more workroom. I was a little confused given our end results -- were they allowed to shop their own closets as well as make something? Because I can't picture Peppermint fabricating that lovely latex skirt given the time constraints and the fabric we saw on the wall, and that was a big part of her overall look.

(edited)
50 minutes ago, JohnnyGilda said:

The conversation got me a little verklempt but I'm glad they included it. Just like the show, bars and clubs are supposed to be an escape, and...well, I don't mind an occasional reminder from RPDR that those spaces shouldn't be taken for granted.

I'm also glad that Trinity and Cynthia talked about Pulse because I just suffered through part 1 of the Vanderpump Rules reunion where half of those assholes tried to claim that they skipped working Pride at Lisa Vanderpump's house of goat cheese balls and crappy cocktails because they were so upset over Pulse. Really they were scared, which is ok and understandable considering that some other dude had been arrested in Santa Monica with guns and plans to go to LA Pride. The Vanderpump Fools who did work LA Pride did talk about how LGBT safe spaces weren't safe and how there is courage and celebration in attending Pride knowing that there were still threats to the community.

Ugh, watched Untucked. Aja was bitter, angry, and delusional. Maybe her eyes sincerely don't work. How could she look at the others, even the safe ones, and think she's competing at their level? The judges are giving suggestions and I don't think she heard or understood any of it. Farrah straight up told Aja to glue her wig down better, but Valentina tried to be so sweet and all Aja gave back was spiteful invective.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1

Did NOT see that coming from Aja. She, Trinity and Valentina are in for the slaying. I enjoyed how well-spoken Sasha Velour was, seeing as how the vapidity of some of the queens is played up (I'm looking at you, Pee-on Greyjoy, also, buh-bye, you ain't that pretty) and how much Charlie Hides' sidekick looked like Sarah Palin. So excited for this season's Snatch Game.

11 minutes ago, Silly Angel said:

Did NOT see that coming from Aja. She, Trinity and Valentina are in for the slaying. I enjoyed how well-spoken Sasha Velour was, seeing as how the vapidity of some of the queens is played up (I'm looking at you, Pee-on Greyjoy, also, buh-bye, you ain't that pretty) and how much Charlie Hides' sidekick looked like Sarah Palin. So excited for this season's Snatch Game.

I haven't watched it seriously yet, but the 1st queen eliminated, Jaymes Mansfield reminded me of Delta Works; esp. playing a sloppy mess! ;-)

• Love 1
(edited)

Biggest WTF moment for me was Alexis on Untucked being so certain Aja was in the top three. I'm not that surprised that Aja was delusional about the quality of her look - this is a 22-year-old who's the hot new star of New York drag, from the sound of it. Of course she thought she'd have the judges in the palm of her hand.

But Alexis? You're an experienced queen. How could you think that was a top 3 look? Is it possible that Aja looked radically different in person than on TV?

My second biggest surprise was how well Kimora came off on Untucked.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Love 4
(edited)

Just watched Untucked and now I have a totally different view of Kimora. She was *so happy* that the girls actually liked her and left their numbers to contact them. Combined with her comment in the first Untucked about how the Vegas drag scene is ferocious and she always wanted a Drag Mom, I think she covered up her insecurity by talking big about how gorgeous she is all the time. Her drag is still...unexciting to me. But I actually kind of like her now. She took losing with such grace, and I don't think you can fake that. 

Edited by rozen
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blakeston said:

Biggest WTF moment for me was Alexis on Untucked being so certain Aja was in the top three. I'm not that surprised that Aja was delusional about the quality of her look - thus is a 22-year-old who's the hot new star of New York drag, from the sound of it. Of course she thought she'd have the judges in the palm of her hand.

But Alexis? You're an experienced queen. How could you think that was a top 3 look? Is it possible that she looked radically different in person than on TV?

It seems like she just had her group of closest friends as the top queens, no bias at all. She mentioned her, Sasha, Charlies should be there that Aja would be in the top. None were top three material. Also funny that after be confronted with the reality, her, Sasha and everybody else gather around Aja to fix a bunch of stuff they saw that was off on her look.

Edited by CaioF

I found it amusing that they were throwing shade at Aja in talking heads about the facetuning. I don't recall them ever talking about social media so openly, even though it's been a big part of the drag world. But it's such a huge difference I suppose it would be quite the elephant in the werk room if nobody said it. Her whole look was just so bad--poorly conceived, poorly executed.

Cheyenne Jackson has never done much for me, but the darker hair and facial hair were yummy improvements. I'm surprised there wasn't more obvious flirting from the runway (even though he's a married man)!

3 hours ago, rozen said:

Just watched Untucked and now I have a totally different view of Kimora. She was *so happy* that the girls actually liked her and left their numbers to contact them. Combined with her comment in the first Untucked about how the Vegas drag scene is ferocious and she always wanted a Drag Mom, I think she covered up her insecurity by talking big about how gorgeous she is all the time. Her drag is still...unexciting to me. But I actually kind of like her now. She took losing with such grace, and I don't think you can fake that. 

Yeah seriously! I liked her much more in Untucked too. I was like "where was THIS bitch during the talking heads?!" 

• Love 2

Watching Untucked now and enjoying the discussion about who would sleep with who. Aja lashing out at Valentina was unnecessary.

Seriously at this freaking point who can't sew? or at least hot glue well? geez

Was fine with Kimora going, she was getting on my nerves even if it was all a cover for her insecurities. Did she even know the song? Several times the camera was on her and she seemed to be lost on the words.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Watching Untucked now and enjoying the discussion about who would sleep with who. Aja lashing out at Valentina was unnecessary.

Seriously at this freaking point who can't sew? or at least hot glue well? geez

Was fine with Kimora going, she was getting on my nerves even if it was all a cover for her insecurities. Did she even know the song? Several times the camera was on her and she seemed to be lost on the words.

Poor thing was just not too swift! ;-)

20 hours ago, CaioF said:

Smart move from Trinity. She looked at Valentina victory over her last week and saw what she was missing: personality. And she just took advantage of the challenge to actually show one.

AGREED. I had written Trinity off preseason, but she's really winning me over. She's got a touch of Alyssa Edwards in her, and I appreciate it. She was far and way the best this week. The way she interacted with her sidekick was perfect. 

I had a feeling Aja would be bottom 3. Lip syncing is the #1 reason she got on the show, I think. If you look her up on YouTube, she's a lip sync queen 100%. I have the feeling she's going to be sending a lot of girls home in the coming weeks. 

• Love 2

As an aside...someone mentioned it before, but I finally noticed that some of these girls have really, really bad skin.  I'm not even judging, because I have bad skin too.  

The greater mystery to me is how many queens have good skin.  Valentina's skin looks flawless.  But overall, given the heavy makeup I would expect a whole bunch of skin issues, but this has been the first season where it really stood out to me.  Maybe because I have a bigger TV?

• Love 2