Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: While the Kat's Away…

• Start Topic

Thomas rises to the challenge of being a single father; Shep continues to be Charleston's perennial bachelor and has a new wingman, Austen; Cameran is convinced she knows the woman who can reel Shep in; Landon is back with a new boyfriend.

• Love 1

Yeah why does Shep care so much?  I'm sure Craig is annoying but why does he get under Shep's skin so much? And why does Craig have to be like his family?  I wish Cameron stood up for Craig a bit more.  

Why in this clip and another clip from the season preview is Cameron wearing bedazzled shirts?  Her style is usually great.   What is with the Real Housewives of OC from 2005 tops?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

So, at the end of the season Thomas asks Landon to be his girlfriend, for real?  They really have no one else they can date?  Landon is pretty, I realize she just wants a rich man to take care of her and play with her but she can't find someone under 50?  Thomas is incredibly wealthy, there's no 40 something who would help him take care of his kids?  I guess they kind of deserve each other.

Austen seems like the new Shep.  I didn't catch how old he is.  Shep needs some competition, oh, and Shep should think about settling down unless he's going the Thomas route.  I sometimes get the feeling he's waiting for Cameron, but she seems happy in her marriage.

I think Shep gets infuriated by Craig because he sees Craig skating through life when he could be building wealth.  Shep skates, but he already has money and continues to build wealth even though he's lazy.  Craig also has an intelligent girlfriend who supports him no matter how dumb he acts.  Shep's probably jealous of that as well.

Cameron's not going to stand up for Craig because it sounds like they aren't that close off the show.  Craig also doesn't listen to Cam when she dishes out advice.

Also, way to put rooms for your kids in your house but then decide they are too messy so off to the guest house with a nanny for them.  Who does that?  Who banishes his kids to the guest house?

LOL.

LOL. That is not a child friendly house but he should at least allow them to sleep in their bedrooms.

Is Craig really a carpenter now?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

So, at the end of the season Thomas asks Landon to be his girlfriend, for real?  They really have no one else they can date?  Landon is pretty, I realize she just wants a rich man to take care of her and play with her but she can't find someone under 50?  Thomas is incredibly wealthy, there's no 40 something who would help him take care of his kids?  I guess they kind of deserve each other.

They totally deserve each other.  And what's with all these age rules?  Why are people so hung up on age these days?

• Love 2

God I love Thomas' house. And then some people said something and so forth.

Austen looks as old as Shep. And is Kathryn sober or not? I don't get the time interval with this show since Ms Lemonwhat'sit said Kathryn was messed up but sober on the phone with Craig.

• Love 6

When I read that TRav got full custody of his children I wondered how he would handle having them 24/7 considering the lifestyle he lead.  I don't have to wonder any longer now that I see he has them sequestered with the nanny in the guest house.

Why do they all have to keep butting into Craig's life?

• Love 20
On 3/29/2017 at 8:57 PM, Babyfoot said:

Shep to Cameran, regarding Craig: "He couldn't get pussy in a monkey whorehouse with a sack of bananas over his shoulder. "  Gold. 

Cameron had a cute laugh at that one but more than once she kept looking to her right...I wonder that someone else was there but chose to remain off camera (or has she made friends with the crew?). 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

When I read that TRav got full custody of his children I wondered how he would handle having them 24/7 considering the lifestyle he lead.  I don't have to wonder any longer now that I see he has them sequestered with the nanny in the guest house.

Why do they all have to keep butting into Craig's life?

They keep butting into Craig's life so he can be on the show.  He needs the money.

• Love 9

Was that Kathryn's cousin gossiping like that with Thomas? What an ass.

And Thomas was in full frat mode at the party. What kind of 50+ year old man drunkenly jokes to women he barely knows to that they should swim topless. They were probably old enough to be his daughters. Clearly they were laughing to placate them (which I wish they hadn't done, but anyway).

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

They totally deserve each other.  And what's with all these age rules?  Why are people so hung up on age these days?

My husband is 10 years older than me but 20 seems like a stretch.  Landon seems high maintenance and Thomas doesn't do well with high maintenance.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, politichick said:

LOL.

LOL. That is not a child friendly house but he should at least allow them to sleep in their bedrooms.

Is Craig really a carpenter now?

Yes - as much of a carpenter as he is a lawyer.

Shep really did have a good idea for Craig - he should be a chef.  All the food we've ever seen him prepare on the show looks delicious.  He would be great in a steakhouse!  :-)

• Love 5
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Ms Lemonwhat'sit

Hehe. 

Was Landon looking at Thomas's crotch at the pool party for a full ten seconds or what?

Austen's mom was really creepy looking. 

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

God I love Thomas' house. And then some people said something and so forth.

Austen looks as old as Shep. And is Kathryn sober or not? I don't get the time interval with this show since Ms Lemonwhat'sit said Kathryn was messed up but sober on the phone with Craig.

Shep is 36, and Austen mentioned that he was 29.  Although, I agree - Austen actually looks older than that.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

That guest house arrangement is so weird - if Thomas had a wife, would their kids be in the guest house? 

Yes.  If anyone was married to Thomas, they would also be in rehab.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 15

I'm actually digging the addition of Shep 2.0 aka Austen---he's not as quick-witted and goofy as Shep and definitely not as well-bred/rich, but I think that dynamic will make for a more interesting spin on the competitive bromance angle that Shep usually has as a storyline, especially since Craig is so busy playing house with Naomi now.

Oh Craig...I think Shep had him somewhat pegged as well. He figured the quickest way to shoot up the professional/social ranks was to be a slick young lawyer((maybe he watched "The Firm" one too many times)), but he just seems a bit lost still to me. I think they all butt into his business because the guy has such promise and is still young enough to seemingly take well-meaning advice.

Still love me some Cameron and how easygoing her onscreen charm is. She really was made for reality television and her confident wit still carries this show. 

Tons of screen time for Landon. She seems a little more grounded and less giggly---maybe she's taken a lot of comments about her onscreen behavior to heart finally.

Not much Whitney turned out to be perfect. Not nearly enough Patricia. But somehow their scenes together are always pretty awkwardly golden.

T-Rav was so "T-Ravving it up"!! Oh my word, that's priceless; he's such a hilariously dirty old man. Seeing him just drunkenly drooling himself at the pool party flanked by young drunk chicks was like vintage shades of Hugh Heffner shuffling in to make his appearances at the Mansion pool parties on "Girls Next Door" episodes. Not gonna lie though: drunk T-Rav on the prowl T-Ravving it up makes me laugh. That dude is probably a hella fun drunk when he's not around Kathryn.

As for Kathryn...I didn't miss her crazy ass one bit.

God I love this show.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Apparently there's a bridge.....

That came with the money and name Thomas inherited. imo he seems like a frat boy who never matured beyond sophomoric idiocy.

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

And is Kathryn sober or not? I don't get the time interval with this show since Ms Lemonwhat'sit said Kathryn was messed up but sober on the phone with Craig.

I take anything said in any scene with Thomas with a huge grain of salt.  There is always incredibly bad acting and inappropriate expressions and glances at the camera that make me think that Thomas is actively crafting storylines and offering people screen time if they go along with it.  I know this is reality TV but no other show is as transparently fake as this one and it comes down to Thomas trying too hard most of the time.  Or cast that has spent too much time with Thomas trying to do the same thing.

• Love 2

Fashion comment:  I loved Cameran's swimsuit.

Also very amusing:  The girl in the bar "named after Carly Simon" who wouldn't give Shep her number.  She leaves and Austen reveals that he already got her number.  It was so, "How do you like them apples!"  Ha!

• Love 6
(edited)

Did we really need Landon's "Paddle Boarding of Remembrance" flashbacks scene? And then she basically gave up on paddle boarding at the end. Seems in character.

I did like the flashback to her Paper Blog that the one guy HATED.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 17

I'm another one wondering what exactly is Shep's problem re: Craig.  He just never lets up.  Does he actually care if Craig ever becomes a lawyer or is his "concern" just a way for him to continue talking about what a huge fail he thinks he is?  

• Love 14

Haven't seen the episode yet, but where are our internet sleuths on the "Did Craig take the bar?" hunt? I'm assuming this would be the exam that just happened two months ago? Did he actually take it? Third (or is it fourth) time's a charm?

• Love 2

So glad this show is back but I feel beyond sorry for those two little babies shuttled off to the guest house who don't have a consistent mother figure beyond their nanny. 

T-Rav was totally gross in that pool; and is Miss Limehouse an addition to the cast? It felt like she was, maybe. I am unimpressed by Austin ... he's not as great tv as Shep is, in my book.

And I think Landon's Roam is actually dead in the water. Heck, my daughter is studying abroad and she is doing a blog of her adventures and has managed to log about ten entries since Jan. You would think after spending the summer traveling the least Landon could have done is written up what she did! Oh right, she has a job, and that is appearing on Southern Charm so hopefully she has just dropped the pretense. 

I really really love this show.

• Love 7
(edited)

I feel bad for Thomas' and Kathryn's kids.  Eventually the nanny will want her own life and move on.  Then, the kids will have a new nanny (or a series of them) and will seemingly never have real parents.  Sad.  They're not even allowed to grow up in the real house, for Christ sakes.

TheFinalRose beat me to it!

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Haven't seen the episode yet, but where are our internet sleuths on the "Did Craig take the bar?" hunt? I'm assuming this would be the exam that just happened two months ago? Did he actually take it? Third (or is it fourth) time's a charm?

On their IG Naomi and others posted that he took it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

That guest house arrangement is so weird - if Thomas had a wife, would their kids be in the guest house? 

Only if they were in the way of Thomas' dinner being on the table on time.  If not, they'd be wifey's problem.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I feel bad for Thomas' and Kathryn's kids.  Eventually the nanny will want her own life and move on.  Then, the kids will have a new nanny (or a series of them) and will seemingly never have real parents.  Sad.  They're not even allowed to grow up in the real house, for Christ sakes.

TheFinalRose beat me to it!

It seemed to me that this is a new nanny.  The nanny from last season was named Dawn and this one was Deirdre, I think.  I feel so bad for those two little ones.  And Kensie's saying "Mama" as she's sitting in her high chair. :(  

• Love 8

Thomas likes his space. When he and Kathryn were living together, I remember he was never home, and he would stay at hotels or try to piss Kathryn off so she would leave. To be fair, he probably grew up that way-- the kids had separate quarters than the adults. Heck, I wasn't even allowed in our living room when  I was a kid, and we weren't even rich. His house is full of expensive breakable things, and the guesthouse is kid-proofed. Let's be culturally competent, rich people have different lives. Does't make it wrong. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, cyberfruit said:

Was that Kathryn's cousin gossiping like that with Thomas? What an ass.

And Thomas was in full frat mode at the party. What kind of 50+ year old man drunkenly jokes to women he barely knows to that they should swim topless. They were probably old enough to be his daughters. Clearly they were laughing to placate them (which I wish they hadn't done, but anyway).

If you've seen Whitney's original sizzle reel for the show, this is exactly what he originally wanted the show to be about. Thankfully someone at Bravo made him add women to the cast.

It's not really surprising that Thomas has the kids stashed in the guest house. The way he talked about his mother in season 2 made it clear that he thought the job of a wife and mother was to be a sex maid who kept her husband free from all domestic worries.

Kathryn's cousin is terrible and thirsty.

Minimal Whitney for which I'm grateful.

I'm curious what prompted everyone's much more measured tone about Kathryn. I don't know if it was her failed drug test and loss of custody or how social media savaged them. I know that I thought they were terrible last season mostly because Kathryn was a disaster and there really wasn't a reason to antagonize her. It was unnecessary and punching down.

• Love 11
(edited)

The word "Charm" in the title of this show is now ironic, right? LOL. Aside from Cameran, none of them are all that classy.

I got a kick out of Patricia's lecture about "grass." I'd normally think it was OTT but she WAS talking to Whitney and I kind of loved that he had to sit there and listen to her story about the guy who smoked weed once* and then ended up at the bottom of the Charleston social strata. 

Jury is out for me on Austen. 

And the T-Rav/Landon pairing barfs me out while simultaneously setting off my BS meter.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 13

Austin is younger and better looking than Shep. This is going to be a problem for Shep. 

I have never seen so many pale, pasty looking bodies that live in a coastal town by the beaches in my life. 

I would live in TRav's "guest house" any day! Damn that alcoholic middle age loser has some serious money. 

Craig is such a poser. What is Naomi still doing with him? If she stays with him, she will probably be supporting him for the rest of her life. Wonder what her parents think of him. Aren't they very wealthy which is why Naomi is still going to school and neither she or Craig have jobs? Somebody has to be paying the bills so I'm assuming it's her parents. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Austin is younger and better looking than Shep. This is going to be a problem for Shep. 

I have never seen so many pale, pasty looking bodies that live in a coastal town by the beaches in my life. 

I would live in TRav's "guest house" any day! Damn that alcoholic middle age loser has some serious money. 

Craig is such a poser. What is Naomi still doing with him? If she stays with him, she will probably be supporting him for the rest of her life. Wonder what her parents think of him. Aren't they very wealthy which is why Naomi is still going to school and neither she or Craig have jobs? Somebody has to be paying the bills so I'm assuming it's her parents. 

I am thinking Craig and Naomi's earnings from the show pay the bills.  Same as Kathryn's.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I am thinking Craig and Naomi's earnings from the show pay the bills

Probably so. Although I remember last season Naomi's parents were selling the house they were living in so they moved to this house which her parents also own. Craig better hang on to that meal ticket for dear life. 

• Love 3

I don't know why I remember these things, but is the woman who did the walk of shame early morning with Austen the same woman TRav had his arms around at the pool party? If so, eewww....

• Love 6

OMG these people. T-Rav and Whitney are the worst in my book with Landon not far behind.

I do find Shep occasionally funny. He and I actually have a mutual friend and every time my hubby and I are in Charleston, said friend texts us to come hang out (he's a big partier type and Shep is usually with him). We haven't taken him up on it thus far because we are old and decided Drunk on Bravo is not a great look, but I have to admit I've been tempted. 

I'll slink away in shame now. 

• Love 22
(edited)
4 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Thomas likes his space. When he and Kathryn were living together, I remember he was never home, and he would stay at hotels or try to piss Kathryn off so she would leave. To be fair, he probably grew up that way-- the kids had separate quarters than the adults. Heck, I wasn't even allowed in our living room when  I was a kid, and we weren't even rich. His house is full of expensive breakable things, and the guesthouse is kid-proofed. Let's be culturally competent, rich people have different lives. Does't make it wrong. 

ITA - in the Old Deep South (Late 1700’s to Civil War), it was common for people that lived in the country, especially if you were among the wealthy plantation/planter class (i.e. T'Rav's folks), to separate the children and adolescents from the adults.  Young males were even moved to semi-attached buildings, garconnieres, meaning “boy” apartment.

It doesn’t surprise me a bit that self-absorbed T’Rav finds housing his kids in the guest house as anything unusual.

Being from the South, and having a 1st husband much like T’Rav, color me surprised,  but not shocked, that he would blurt out  the living arrangements he has with the kids and think that is cool with people.

ETA:  Landon I still can’t stand you. Cry me a river...You ain’t kind, You ain’t smart and You aint’ most of all important.  *sticks tongue out*

Edited by Missmissie173
spelling
  • Love 12