Type keyword(s) to search

The 13th Doctor: S/he ain't here yet.

• Start Topic

Yeah, my issues with the Clara was with Moffat's writing of her.  He made her annoying and unlikeable and her relationship with The Doctor was toxic, bringing out the worst in both of them.  Even Moffat realized how toxic the relationship was and wrote into Hell Bent.  I'm a big fan of Jenna Coleman but not of Clara.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've wanted a female doctor for years.  I would have preferred Michelle Gomez or Alex Kingston - and I did not like the character Jodie Whittaker played on Broadchurch - I guess I should say more accurately I didn't like the way the character was written.  But I'm stoked to see what the actress does with a more interesting character.    My only disappointment is that I loved Capaldi as a Doctor and felt like he only came into his own in this final season.  Doesn't feel fair to me.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 3
(edited)

For me it comes down to where the writing goes.  Will they keep their eyes on the ball and come up with good stories?  Or will it be "Look!  Look!  We're so woke and enlightened!".  With anvilicious anvils dropping out of the sky all season long.

Edited by QuantumMechanic
4 hours ago, benteen said:

Question, is Whittaker a natural blonde?  As I recall, she was a brunette in Broadchurch.  I'm only asking this because someone joked that with the blonde hair, she looks quite a bit like Kate Stewart.  That made me laugh thinking that The Doctor was trying to regenerate to look like The Brigadier and ended up looking like Kate Stewart.  Just picturing him trying to explain it to Kate.  "I loved that man, damn it!"

I woke up this morning to a text linking the news. No joke, I open the link still blurry-eyed and thought that's who it was. My thought was "Hmmm...checks out." After clearing my vision and realizing that it was a different actress, my thought was "Hmmm...checks out."

the thing about being an artist is that I can't stop thinking of outfits ideas for 13, especially since Jodie said the outfit she wore at the promo will not be 13 outfit.

it will never happen, but I would love to see her wear something like this, I feel like Jodie could really rock it.

http://www.imperolondon.co.uk/mens-c2/tailcoats-c6/impero-london-luxury-steampunk-antique-tan-tailcoat-waistcoat-military-emsemble-p66

1355141799-62790100.jpg

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

To me Clara was a different case. She was a 20 something human teacher trying to boss around a 1000 year old Time Lord. I might have liked Clara better had she been the Doctor. At least then her know it all behavior would have had something backing it up. I never saw her as empowered. She seemed more like an entitled little snot who had no interest in learning from someone older and wiser than her. Now, had she been a 1000 year old Time Lord, that characterization would have actually worked.

The lesson really is that the Doctor sometimes goes around acting like an entitled snot.  I very much enjoyed the concept of their interaction as a codependent relationship that needed to end.

11 hours ago, aliferous85 said:

First thing out of her mouth after regenerating: Still.Not.Ginger.

Second thing out of her mouth after regenerating: Boobs. Interesting.

And then we're off for the rest of the series.

If Chris Chibnall is worth his salt, he'll avoid the Woman!Tropes.

The right way to do that is for the Doctor to do an examination of the new body, count the correct number of appendages and digits, feel the chest area, pull a strand of hair in front of the eyes, then sigh and proclaim, "Still not ginger."

The decision to have a female Doctor is not an impediment to a good show, so it will come down to acting and writing.  From a creative perspective, this isn't necessarily a decision based on PR or PC.  There have certainly been complaints about repetitiveness, so perhaps this decision opens up new avenues.  If the show has ever been a vehicle for social commentary, then there is an opportunity to speak on gender issues in a way that will be unwelcome in some corners. 

It is also certainly possible that Chibnall wanted to put a stamp on his own era by picking a Doctor who was the least like the other Doctors in recent memory.  While one could write the Thirteenth Doctor as having a more violent personality than previous incarnations, I'm sure that would be be met with resistance from the fan base.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I think my distaste for Clara was Clara-specific, as I really enjoyed Missy, Kate Stewart, River Song (after a bad initial impression) Amy Pond, and classic companions Tegan Jovanka, Romana I, and Sarah Jane Smith, all of whom were on the take charge/bossy side for their respective eras. Also thought Quill was far and away the best part of Class and it'd be hard to get more aggressive than that character.

I'm only familiar with Whittaker from Attack the Block, which I quite liked her in though it doesn't really tell me how she'll do as the Doctor. But I'd been hoping they would cast a woman in the role—my only real line in the sand is casting an actor who's not from the UK.

I disliked Clara because she and her story become more important than The Doctor, IMO.  Her first episode as the Dalek/Souffle Girl--I liked her just fine, but when she became "the Impossible Girl", when it seemed like it was The Clara Show with guest appearance by The Doctor--it was just too much.  If she had died or been written out a year (or two) sooner, I'd have been happier--I felt she was Peter Capaldi's albatross, and I don't think he had a chance to get out from under her, to have a run of his own until it was too late.  I am pissed at Stephen Moffatt specifically for that reason, because many fans didn't like her and he just kept bludgeoning us with more Clara, Clara, Clara.  I would have enjoyed another year of Bill with or without Nardole far more.  And I loved the Ponds and hated how they were written out--so anyone who came after them was going to have a hard time from me, and did.  I have no problem with women playing strong female characters--River is one of my favorites, Kate Stewart is another.  

• Love 8
(edited)
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Isn't the Doctor regenerating into an entirely different physical body really a gimmick in the first place just so the show could go on after the First Doctor?  

If I remember right, that was exactly why the did the first regeneration.  It was mainly because William Hartnell was unable to physically do the role any longer but they wanted to keep the show going.

14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

For a character like the Doctor, who is not ruled by his gender, I just don't see why people would care. I care more about WHO is playing the Doctor, not their sex, but their skill. I think Jodie will capture anger and angst way better than some of the men who have played the roll. And it might be interesting to see the Baddies on the show underestimating her because she's a young, pretty woman (like some fans already are, not saying you, IDK you're reasons for being anti-female Doctor) but they are already out there, thinking she can't be the Doctor because she's a girl.

It's not brave in that it's some revolutionary concept but brave because, clearly, it is alienating a large number of viewers who might turn away costing them ratings. In this TV day and age it is always brave for a show to go against a portion of their fans' wishes.

I am not sure if it is a ballsy move.  Especially if the show sees a further decline in ratings, then it comes across as a very bad move.

I am not a fan of this stunt casting move and I truly do think it was done to create a buzz over the show.  I will simply not watch the show anymore.  For the record I do not hate shows with female leads, I love Buffy, the Golden Girls, Jessica Jones, Agent Carter (Those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head).  I just feel that certain roles should not cave into stunt casting just because a vocal few demand it happen.  I think that is exactly what happened here.

There were a lot of things about the new Doctor Who series that I did not like, but I think this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.  I hated that he had a wife because one of the unwritten rules of the original series was that the Doctor should not have romantic involvement with his companions (Actually how creepy would it have been if one of the first three Doctors was romantically involved with their much younger companions). 

I hated the fact that we became much more involved in the companions personal lives.  Granted I did like Rose's family and Mickey and Donna's grandfather was awesome but still I always felt as it was a cheap way to try to enhance the show.  The original series never really relied on the companions personal lives to that extent and I felt the show was better for it. 

The entire use of the Master/Missy on the new series.  I think Michelle Gomez was also casted for the part to create buzz for the show and while I thought she did a good job, I think her character probably would have been better off not being the Master.  This whole Master trying to find his good side crap was just bad.  Just like I felt like John Simm was wasted as the Master as well (Which sucks because as a fan of Life on Mars I had high hopes for him as the Master).  To me there was something missing with both of their portrayals of the character and I really cannot put my finger on exactly what it is.  

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, eXiled said:

I hope Thirteen gets a cool jacket and shoes like the rest, also. No heels just because she's a woman. The Doctor needs to be able to RUN

Styling is going to be very important and will tell us what direction they are going in. I am kind of disappointed that they look in that short promo isn't what they are going to go with. I just hope it's not anything overly form fitting, low cut, dresses, heels, and I hope her hair isn't done up. I am fine with the Doctor being female, but I do not want the Doctor to be "girly". Not because being girly, is a bad thing, I LOVE wearing dresses and doing my hair all pretty, but because when you are running around, shimmying through holes, and never sure what you are going to come up against, your hair should be the last thing you are worried about, and a dress or low cut blouse is just impractical.

I say jeans and a hoodie, sneakers or some combat or hiking boot and a loose tee. Tossled hair, minimal make up. Just, don't bring "sex appeal" into Doctor Who. It's sad that this is something I feel worried about just because the lead is now female, but that's the world we live in. Women can't be kick ass unless they are sexy according to pretty much all of TV and movies.

• Love 4

I feel like I'm coming at this casting from a good place, because I have never seen Broadchurch or Attack the Block, so I have no idea what kind of an actor Jodie Whittaker is. Had they gone with someone I was actually familiar with I would be somewhat distracted by "Hey, it's (insert character name) piloting the TARDIS!" rather than "Here comes the new Doctor!" So I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do.

As for her post regeneration scene, I do hope the first thing she comments on is "Still not ginger!" but I would be amused if she got most of the way through the episode before actually realizing she was a woman. Like there is an emergency immediately after checking her hair color and is too busy running around trying to fix the problem that she doesn't notice until later.

I get the complaints, because some people are going to be bothered by change no matter what, but like I have said many times before, you have to give the new actor in any role a chance. You don't have to watch the show or movie at all, of course, that's always your choice, but I don't think it's fair to say an actor won't be any good in a role without actually SEEING them. Even if you don't like them from some other performance, that doesn't mean they can't do this one well.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, KirkB said:

but I don't think it's fair to say an actor won't be any good in a role without actually SEEING them.

I know. When I first heard it was Jodie I couldn't picture it but in that very short promo she sold me.

I was kind of hoping it would be someone I wasn't familiar with for the reason you said, so I wouldn't be "oh, it's Beth in the Tardis, hmm" but Doctor Who is so far from the only other thing I know her from, Broadchurch, and she's changed her hair color (I'm shallow and things like that can easily trick me) that I don't think I need worry about it feeling like Beth in the Tardis. Maybe the first ep I will see it, but I have faith that I will forget it's the same actress fairly quickly.

• Love 3

Her styling will be crucial not just because it will indicate how they are going to deal with her gender but also because she's a time-traveler. Male Doctors traveling to the past (i.e. European history) could just waltz into any given scene and start bossing people around (they may got some snark for some of their fashion choices but that was it). A female Doctor will have to deal with patriarchal settings where women were not just expected to shut up but also to wear skirts and wearing trousers was a punishable offense. Of course the show can handwave that away like it did occasionally with some of the female companions - but it was never consistent. Amy's outfit in 'Vincent and the Doctor' for example should have had the village-folks in not-existing-pearl-clutching mode.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, KirkB said:

As for her post regeneration scene, I do hope the first thing she comments on is "Still not ginger!" but I would be amused if she got most of the way through the episode before actually realizing she was a woman. Like there is an emergency immediately after checking her hair color and is too busy running around trying to fix the problem that she doesn't notice until later.

I absolutely love this idea.  I really hope they do it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Her styling will be crucial not just because it will indicate how they are going to deal with her gender but also because she's a time-traveler. Male Doctors traveling to the past (i.e. European history) could just waltz into any given scene and start bossing people around (they may got some snark for some of their fashion choices but that was it). A female Doctor will have to deal with patriarchal settings where women were not just expected to shut up but also to wear skirts and wearing trousers was a punishable offense. Of course the show can handwave that away like it did occasionally with some of the female companions - but it was never consistent. Amy's outfit in 'Vincent and the Doctor' for example should have had the village-folks in not-existing-pearl-clutching mode.

Or Martha in the Shakespeare episode (although IIRC, Shakespeare DID mention Martha's attire, but nobody else from that episode seemed to notice).

You've brought up something my daughter and I were discussing yesterday; a man in a suit can pretty much "pass" in any era/at any event (although there might be murmurs of 'eccentricity'), but women's dress has always been dictated by era/culture/current fashion/specific event - a woman who doesn't "fit in" IS noticed and talked about much more so than a man would be. So I wonder if #13 will break the mold and instead of having a specific outfit/look associated with them, will instead have an entire wardrobe from which to choose, based on the era/culture/event in which they'll be involved in a particular episode/storyline.

Interesting to ponder!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I will simply not watch the show anymore.  

You won't even give her a chance, huh? Your choice, I guess. I at least gave shitty Moffat and the horrors of the Pond drama and River stupidity a shot before I stopped watching. I will be watching this to see if it is an improvement over Moffat Hell. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly1 said:

So I wonder if #13 will break the mold and instead of having a specific outfit/look associated with them, will instead have an entire wardrobe from which to choose, based on the era/culture/event in which they'll be involved in a particular episode/storyline.

Interesting to ponder!

Having a whole wardrobe with period-specific attire makes sense for time-travelers (s. LoT - Redcoat Rory was awesome). And we saw that the Tardis is up to the task in the episode with the frost fair (probably others as well but that's the most recent example I can think of).

(edited)
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I am fine with the Doctor being female, but I do not want the Doctor to be "girly". Not because being girly, is a bad thing, I LOVE wearing dresses and doing my hair all pretty, but because when you are running around, shimmying through holes, and never sure what you are going to come up against, your hair should be the last thing you are worried about, and a dress or low cut blouse is just impractical.

I agree that I don't want the Doctor to be overly concerned with clothing and appearance, as that just doesn't seem in character (well, maybe a bit for Ten). But to play Devil's advocate, running around in done-up hair and Victorian nanny garb didn't slow Missy down very much even when she was roughing it in the wastelands and sewers of Skaro.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

I'm good with the one outfit thing. It's like Time Lords don't sweat, or they have access to equipment that cleans everything up in an instant. Hey, maybe all of his/her clothes are made of unstable molecules!

I

2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Her styling will be crucial not just because it will indicate how they are going to deal with her gender but also because she's a time-traveler.

I always thought that the Doctor had kind of a psychic field around him/her that made people see him/her wearing period acceptable clothing. Kind of like the paper that shows whatever credentials the Doctor needs to show. I would think a long coat that could be pulled across the front to form a dress would suffice.. Or the show will just avoid those eras of Earth history wear the Doctor needs to wear elaborate dress. More off-world adventures!

• Love 1

I wonder if maybe 13 wont so much have an outfit, as much as a signature style? Like, she always wears the same color, or has a scarf or hat or boots that she always wears, while also getting outfits that allow her to blend into whatever time period she's in? That could be interesting. Or they could just handwave it and say that she's The Doctor so everyone just goes with it. I've never really watched this show for its commitment to historical accuracy, you know?

At the same time, it would make dressing up as 13 rather more difficult without a signature outfit. Wont somebody think about the cosplayers?!?!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I wonder if maybe 13 wont so much have an outfit, as much as a signature style? Like, she always wears the same color, or has a scarf or hat or boots that she always wears, while also getting outfits that allow her to blend into whatever time period she's in? That could be interesting. Or they could just handwave it and say that she's The Doctor so everyone just goes with it. I've never really watched this show for its commitment to historical accuracy, you know?

At the same time, it would make dressing up as 13 rather more difficult without a signature outfit. Wont somebody think about the cosplayers?!?!

Maybe she'll concoct an outfit that represents all the aspects of the previous Doctors. Little nods to each of them for like a season which reflect her own take on them. Suddenly this feels like Project Runway: The Doctor. It's kind of fun. LOL

Like a scarf to represent 1 and 4 but her own color, maybe purple. Tennis shoes for 10 and boots when practical and necessary. Or boots that have a tennis shoe flare of some kind. A bowtie lapel pin for 11. Maybe bowtie earrings if she wears earrings. A redlined coat like 12's. Nothing that overwhelms her personality but as an homage to the Doctor's history for a short time. Understated, not obvious.

• Love 1

Maybe they'll do it like the Psychic Paper, where people see her outfit as whatever they need it be.

Speaking of, if she uses Jane Smith as an alias without mentioning Sarah Jane, I'm going to be pissed.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, starri said:

Maybe they'll do it like the Psychic Paper, where people see her outfit as whatever they need it be.

Speaking of, if she uses Jane Smith as an alias without mentioning Sarah Jane, I'm going to be pissed.

Maybe she'll go with Joanne Smith :) Or Jonna Smith

Is it only a Nu-Who thing that the current doctor exhibits moments of remembering his previous regenerations?  The first time I noticed the nod to the previous Doctors was in Matt Smith's episode "The Eleventh Hour,"  when he asks the Atraxi if they think this world is protected.  I don't recall seeing it so much in 9 or 10's stories, but possibly it was there.  If not, then it seems it was something that Moffat wanted to use for his doctor-verse. 

I'm not opposed to 13 dressing as a womanly woman.  Bring on the bustiers!  (Mostly kidding, ha. ha.) 

You know what would have been really subversive? Casting a female doctor the same age as Capaldi (LOL--never would happen.) At any rate, I think that the strong female leader archetype on the show can be seen in the Lizard lady character (sorry I forget her name) strong and capable, I assume that is how this Doctor will play.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe she'll concoct an outfit that represents all the aspects of the previous Doctors. Little nods to each of them for like a season which reflect her own take on them. Suddenly this feels like Project Runway: The Doctor. It's kind of fun. LOL

Like a scarf to represent 1 and 4 but her own color, maybe purple. Tennis shoes for 10 and boots when practical and necessary. Or boots that have a tennis shoe flare of some kind. A bowtie lapel pin for 11. Maybe bowtie earrings if she wears earrings. A redlined coat like 12's. Nothing that overwhelms her personality but as an homage to the Doctor's history for a short time. Understated, not obvious.

Too many conflicting wardrobe elements and you get the Sixth Doctor clown suit. No one wants that again.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

Is it only a Nu-Who thing that the current doctor exhibits moments of remembering his previous regenerations?  The first time I noticed the nod to the previous Doctors was in Matt Smith's episode "The Eleventh Hour,"  when he asks the Atraxi if they think this world is protected.  I don't recall seeing it so much in 9 or 10's stories, but possibly it was there.  If not, then it seems it was something that Moffat wanted to use for his doctor-verse. 

I'm not opposed to 13 dressing as a womanly woman.  Bring on the bustiers!  (Mostly kidding, ha. ha.) 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by remembering. He's remembers everything from his past regenerations (except the stuff he's forgotten). Or do you mean having onscreen visuals of the past Doctors? They did that once with the 4th Doctor (although they threw in extra Doctors that had never been seen before and just confused everyone)

• Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Too many conflicting wardrobe elements and you get the Sixth Doctor clown suit. No one wants that again.

If you do it badly, yes. But I don't think little touches would be the same as the 6th Doctor. It's okay if you don't like my Project for this Runway. I'll just call Tim Gunn.  :(

I wouldn't mind if she even made a squirrelly celery stalk pendant. LOL Or maybe a charm bracelet with charms of a celery stalk, bowtie, tennis shoes, a kicky beret (100 pts if someone gets that reference), and a guitar

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

so I didn't really follow the batting game, was Jodie's name even in the ring at any point at all?

I know alot of people who wanted a female doctor were surprised by the choice since they didn't even think about her as a contender.

23 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I don't mean this in a confrontational way. I'm trying to understand why casting a female Doctor is "politically correct". I guess I'm trying to understand under what circumstance or point it time would make it more acceptable and not "politically correct"?

I guess because in the "good ole days" when EVERY hero (actually EVERY character on TV) was a white man and every woman fell down while running away, that was normal, fine, and just plain old "correct". I'm fine with the change as long as we don't get "a female 007".

Oh, wait,... No! Can't wait! to see Charlize kick ass this  summer!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lokiberry said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by remembering. He's remembers everything from his past regenerations (except the stuff he's forgotten). Or do you mean having onscreen visuals of the past Doctors? They did that once with the 4th Doctor (although they threw in extra Doctors that had never been seen before and just confused everyone)

Well, I guess, like little touches, where 12 walked past a fez or 11 recognized the scarf that Osgood was wearing, or when the Atraxi showed all 10 doctors before 11.   Or in The Husbands of River Song and she's talking about all of the incarnations of the Doctor and pulls out wallet photos of them all, except 12, because she hadn't yet met him.  I don't think 10 ever did anything like that.  

Like the jelly babies thing, which seems to be something most of the doctors remember.  

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, foreverevolving said:

so I didn't really follow the batting game, was Jodie's name even in the ring at any point at all?

I know alot of people who wanted a female doctor were surprised by the choice since they didn't even think about her as a contender.

Yes, the Daily Mail had her as top contender on Saturday. But I haven't seen her name mentioned before (I did not follow the race meticulously) - normally Kris Marshall topped the lists.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

If you do it badly, yes. But I don't think little touches would be the same as the 6th Doctor. It's okay if you don't like my Project for this Runway. I'll just call Tim Gunn.  :(

I wouldn't mind if she even made a squirrelly celery stalk pendant. LOL Or maybe a charm bracelet with charms of a celery stalk, bowtie, tennis shoes, a kicky beret (100 pts if someone gets that reference), and a guitar

"Kicky beret"-Friends episode when Ben picked out the Barbie doll.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, chitowngirl said:

"Kicky beret"-Friends episode when Ben picked out the Barbie doll.

YAY! Catrox PTS for you! They are good for nothing and you cannot use them anywhere, but enjoy!

I'm still banking on a black cat somewhere in the outfit, or some other symbol for bad luck. Smiley face underneath a ladder?

I'm thinking if people had to be tested before criticizing the choice, there wouldn't be that much hate on display. Maybe a score of 75 to pass on the original series, and 90 for the revival?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, benteen said:

DT was my favorite Doctor but I really liked Matt Smith too.  I don't think Moffat gave him the best stories to work with but Smith was immensely likeable in the role.

A lot of episodes only work due to Smith's charisma. I'm not a Moffat hater, but, just like RTD, I've found that I find that I've figured out their bag of tricks, so to speak, so I'm almost happier about the change in the show runners. I've been a faithful watcher since 2005, and I'm eager for change.

Gender aside, as long as Doctor Who gets the basics right, a Timelord, rattling around the galaxy, saving planets, defeating monster, best friend at her side, her trusty old TARDIS, and her sonic screwdriver ... I think Doctor Who will be worth watching.

Really, I'm stoked, and excited at what else the new season will bring, and I'm already impatient for it.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, eXiled said:

I hope Thirteen gets a cool jacket and shoes like the rest, also. No heels just because she's a woman. The Doctor needs to be able to RUN!

I just heard on MSNBC! Looks like they were preparing for this for a few seasons; 1st Master/Missy, then that General on Gallifrey! I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle this! I'll give it a try, but for years, I've only been going through the motions and formality of watching to tape the show to VHS tape! It's just not like Classic Who episodes that can be watched over and over! I guess the unveiling will be another worldwide event extravaganza! ;-)

4 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

I just heard on MSNBC! Looks like they were preparing for this for a few seasons; 1st Master/Missy, then that General on Gallifrey! I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle this! I'll give it a try, but for years, I've only been going through the motions and formality of watching to tape the show to VHS tape! It's just not like Classic Who episodes that can be watched over and over! I guess the unveiling will be another worldwide event extravaganza! ;-)

You forgot S06, when 11 mention his timelord friend (the one with the snake tattoo) who was a woman a couple of regenerations, I believe that was the first time we were introduced to a time lord/lady gender changing in nuwho.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, foreverevolving said:

I believe that was the first time we were introduced to a time lord/lady gender changing in nuwho.

When Eleven first regenerated, after he felt his long hair, he wondered if he was a woman.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, starri said:

When Eleven first regenerated, after he felt his long hair, he wondered if he was a woman.

True, but it can be considered more of a general question or shock than an outright fact that time lords were able to change gender. The corsair mention was really the first time it was said as a fact, that time lords can change gender.

• Love 2