Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E05: Dirty Deed

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

I got so excited that TPTB were showing us strategy about who plays during challenges.

I was so disappointed that it was to show Debbie's delusion.

Thank you for bringing this up.  I was really taken aback. Was that the first time Team Strategy before a challenge was ever shown?  I'd love if this was shown to us all the time.  (I know, it was to show that Debbie is nuts, but still.)

JT was getting hot, physically, but I got really icky vibes from him from his treatment of Michaela. He really zeroed in on her and couldn't think straight.  His "complaints" about her were totally bonkers.  I never could get through his season and I never cared for him anyway so whatever.

That was creepy as hell, watching her do angry push-ups while Sierra was uncomfortably close to her.

The editors are so funny.  They edit that tribe like a horror movie.  Debbie's maniacal laughing, Debbie's crazed pushups,  Debbie's screaming at the camera (LOL), Tai nodding and smiling while looking around for the others, Brad's total confusion, haha.  Oh man oh man.

It's really fascinating that Hali, and even Brad, the target of Debbie's delusions, tried hard to push for team unity while Debbie was off doing her tantrum/thing, and the team ended up victorious in the end.  I don't remember that usually happening on this show when one of the members has a breakdown/crackup.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 23
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thank you for bringing this up.  I was really taken aback. Was that the first time Team Strategy before a challenge was ever shown?  I'd love if this was shown to us all the time.  (I know, it was to show that Debbie is nuts, but still.)

JT was getting hot, physically, but I got really icky vibes from him from his treatment of Michaela. He really zeroed in on her and couldn't think straight.  His "complaints" about her were totally bonkers.  I never could get through his season and I never cared for him anyway so whatever.

I vaguely recall it happening once or twice before, but I couldn't tell you what season or the circumstances.

• Useful 1

Not excusing or explaining Debbie -- but I wonder if editing was leading us a little bit.  We saw Hali walking and not falling off the beam and we saw Debbie falling over and over, but we didn't really see the time thing that Debbie was talking about.  Maybe it really did take Hali ten minutes to get over the beam and, after falling a few times, Debbie went over in two.  Not that any of that would explain why Debbie was so mad at Brad.  I wonder if all the time Debbie was yelling at Brad he was asking himself what Monica would do?  He sure stayed cooler than I would have.

• Love 13

Well we did hear Brad say that Hali "rocked it" in the balance beam so unless he was lying in his confessional I am guessing Debbie might be slightly exaggerating how long it took Hali to cross the beam.

• Love 22
49 minutes ago, Etta Place said:

That was a masterclass in manipulation, taught by Sandra.

Sorry, I think it was more a masterclass in self-delusion, taught and demonstrated in living color by Jt. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, LanceM said:

Well we did hear Brad say that Hali "rocked it" in the balance beam so unless he was lying in his confessional I am guessing Debbie might be slightly exaggerating how long it took Hali to cross the beam.

Yes and Tai said the same thing. 

• Love 10
Just now, kikaha said:

Sorry, I think it was more a masterclass in self-delusion, taught and demonstrated in living color by Jt. 

I think it was both.

1 minute ago, enlightenedbum said:

Pretty sure Hali was first on the beam and second to finish (behind Ozzy, so no shame) and Debbie was first on the beam and never finished.

Debbie never finished.  She fell off over and over again.  And yet still insisted that Brad was being an asshole for not putting her in as the world's greatest gymnast.

• Love 18

World class gymnastics even amongst all her other careers and talents... haha... Oh man.  I need to stop.  I feel bad now

Pretty sure Hali was first on the beam and second to finish (behind Ozzy, so no shame) and Debbie was first on the beam and never finished.

Ozzy is a God.  I continue to be in awe

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, enlightenedbum said:

Well then, maybe Debbie thought Hali took too much time and made the beam slippery, but if Brad had put her in first she would have done it.  Then Brad and Tai praising Hali added fuel to her burning push-ups.  I'm just grasping at some straw of reason, because otherwise, Debbie has really gone over the edge. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

World class gymnastics even amongst all her other careers and talents... haha... Oh man.  I need to stop.  I feel bad now

Ozzy is a God.  I continue to be in awe

I adore Ozzy.  But some of the women (Michaela, Andrea, Sierra) are giving him a run for his money as athletes.  I want this to be a theme of the show.  Jeff would hate it of course.  F him.

• Love 13

I don't know who was more insufferable tonight: Edith Prickley or Ernest T. Bass? I'm glad Dad Bod Bubba went home. His hubris got to him when he didn't bring the HII to tribal council.

As for Edith Sixpack, her schtick is getting tiresome, even with a clown like Culpepper as a teammate.

Love her or hate her, Sandra is truly the G.O.A.T. of Survivor. How long she stays on without her personality clashing before the merge will be a major story line.

By the way, does production lead players to the HII clues? It can't be that easy!

Michaela sipping her cup at TC as Ernest T. went home? Classic Survivor television. It'll make an awesome gif.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Idols have really ruined this game for me.

Agreed, as I said last week it's out of hand and they look more and more like shenanigans every time someone reaches in among the branches of a seemingly random tree and comes up with an idol just when they need it (only to leave it at camp *eyeroll*).

1 hour ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Is Debbie delusional?? Or just nuts?

She's both. Definitely both.

Another tribal and not even a whiff of anyone voting Sandra out. I don't understand...

Back to JT though, Just because he had an argument with someone black (who has proven to be a polarizing character as well) doesn't somehow make him racist for want to vote her out. I think that's a jump too far. He's just a dumbass that thought the tribe was on his side... but it wasn't.

As my mom would say when we forgot something needed back home "Well, I hope your immunity idol is keeping your bag safe from being voted out back at camp."

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 18

Wooooooow.   Debbie really is Fifty Shades of Cray.  

How do I go from loathing Sandra to finding her the best thing on TV?  Finishing that sugar, stirring the pot and THEN copping to the deed?  That is some gangsta shit right there. 

I loved Michaela on her first season but she really bugs this one.  

Watching Varner is a joy.

Bye, JT.  Dumbass. 

• Love 15

JT is not familiar with Facebook, the coffee cup? The way that she was sipping her 'tea' classic Kermit! She's one of my new favorites! I knew that JT was toast, but that was satisfying! 

• Love 19

I actually felt bad for Debbie. She was humiliated by her performance in the challenge. And even though we haven't seen Brad be a jerk to her or him kissing Hali's butt, I think they are just stand ins for how she has been treated in her life.  Men like Brad have always run the world and women who are like Hali get ahead in that world. Women like Debbie often don't, and with her obvious issues on top of that? Yikes. There was nothing either of them could do, they just had to take it (and they took it really, really well!)

i don't know if I have ever enjoyed anything more than Sandra and Michaela exchanging a look and then laughing after TC. I LOVE them.

Edited by Paws
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, MKL122788 said:

So, real talk, does anyone think Sandra's primary goal was to make sure there cannot be another two time winner?

Probably, and I don't blame her. As good as she is, I think almost everyone knew as soon as she was announced that she was going to ruin her perfect record, but as long as she's the only two time winner, she's still the Queen.

55 minutes ago, sadiegirl1999 said:

I know, she was like an 8 year old..."did you see I got over the wall first, Brad?"

That line admittedly got a laugh out of me, though.

1 hour ago, enlightenedbum said:

2) Andrea casually smokes a couple more challenges.  She's a badass.  That team is absolutely stacked, by the way.  Ozzy and Andrea are general athletic badasses top five for their gender in the show's history, Troy is solid in challenges especially for his age, Zeke's damn good at puzzles, Cirie's good for any brawn challenge because all the other women are tiny or Sandra who is not athletic anyway, and Sarah's no slouch.

3) Uncomfortable with JT's treatment of Michaela.  Likes to infantilize her, which is troubling, especially from a white (southern) dude.

Andrea really is very solid at any kind of physical challenge, yet I feel like doesn't get the "challenge beast" credit she deserves for it. I hope she and Michaela both make the merge, it'd be interesting to see them both competing for individual immunity, give the guys a run for their money.

And yes, I was also uncomfortable with JT's attitude and treatment of Michaela, especially when we didn't really see any of the things he was complaining about.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Paws said:

Men like Brad have always run the world and women who are like Hali get ahead in that world. Women like Debbie often don't, and with her obvious issues on top of that? Yikes..

But, uh, according to Debbie she has an 8 pack, was a world class gymnast, was a model (do I have that right?) has done things in the sciences, likely the arts (I am guessing,) and other fields, maybe engineering.......  So......... I think she does pretty well for herself....  

I actually felt bad for Debbie.

Either like I said, she actually is ahead in all of the worlds, or she is lying.  I wouldn't feel bad for her if Column A and I don't think I'd feel bad if Column B.  I don't think there's a Column C here.  It's one or the other.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

ETA:

Normally I'd agree about too many gimmicks (idols, exile, returnees), BUT....

Since these are all previous players, including some multi-season players, ya gotta keep'em off balance. Between'em all, they've played every classic Survivor strategy. This way, they have to think on their feet, improvise, scramble.

I like it. You can SEE the wheels turning.

I cannot imagine having to live out there with Debbie 24/7.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I just want to give a shout out to this part of TC. I don't know why, but I found it irrationally amusing.

The best part was Varner's face... It read 'dude, you set yourself up for this' 

• Love 18

Is Debbie totally nuts?  Or, is she ranting about Hali's (supposedly) poor performance b/c she believes she can get everyone to blame their loss on Hali & not herself, who clearly had the worst performance of the tribe?  Why didn't anyone refresh Debbie's memory that she, not Brad, said she had great balance?  No one would even make an effort to point out that she was much slower than Hali.  I just don't get it.  Seemed like everyone was scared to death of her & she is the dictator, not Brad.

• Love 9

What was Mikayla's thinking when she slammed the bag down in the challenge, forcing the other members of her team to scramble to pick it up?

Er, Debbie YOU said you had a good sense of balance.  Don't blame Brad for that, as much as you and I may detest him. Er, fake news, Debbie, you did not streak across the balance beam in thirty seconds.  I always thought she was crazy.

Why does JT care about how Mikayla likes her coffee?

Why did Sandra make trouble between JT and Mikayla just to then turn around and tell Mikayla that she wanted to vote JT out?

Jeez, what a bunch of drama queens on that team.

I won't say any more other than that next week's previews look disgusting.

• Love 2

In all these years of watching SURVIVOR this is one of the few tribal councils that I had to fast forward through to find out the verdict. My stomach was in a knot that my favorite player Michalea was going to get sent out of the game due to  J.T. playing his idol. I was sure of it and was sick about it. What a relief!

Still I am very cautious about her future in the game just be listening to the way they talked about her and this whole "attitude problem" which we are shown nothing to bear out on screen. And what the hell was up with Sandra trying to throw shade onto her as a sugar thief? For what benefit? To what possible end was that. It made no sense.

Anyway as for the rest...this one episode is CLEARLY the reason they brought Debbie back....they were just waiting for her to percolate into a fit of madness andt hat's what we got tonight with her! It was all capped off when she turned her back on the group during the strategy session...for all the world she reminded me of Ralph Monroe from GREEN ACRES when she did that.

Also there was some serious seed planting there for a Troyzan/Sarah? alliance....it has to pay off somewhere as it was so random.

So for Zeke and Andrea cannot be justified as to bringing back as they are less than nothing.

All protesting aside of no "pointing out" by the camera crew it simply defies logic that a castaway can find an idol so quickly with as Tai said....so many trees.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LanceM said:

What do you mean women like Hali? I am guessing she is what she is today because she probably worked her ass off through college, law school and internships in order to pass the bar and become a practicing attorney.  I am guessing nobody just gave her these things because she is an attractive woman. I mean I guess I can see Debbie thinking this is the case but that would just shows her ignorance.

That's exactly what I mean...it's not necessarily true, but it's how Debbie sees it.   She sees someone young, good looking, smart, has her shit together, and who gets treated better. It's  all about resentment and jealousy. I feel bad for Debbie that she is so angry and full of resentment, but it's not the fault of either Hali or Brad. Like I said, they were just stand ins for how angry Debbie is at life.

• Love 12

During the competition, when Debbie was having balance beam problems, there was a shot of the whole layout with Hali waiting at the half way point for Debbie to join her.  IIRC the other teams weren't that far ahead of them. Then Debbie continued to happen.

Debbie was bothersome tonight.  Can't blame editing for her edit, she gave them that to work with.  Her anger is no longer under the surface of her eight pack. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, MKL122788 said:

So, real talk, does anyone think Sandra's primary goal was to make sure there cannot be another two time winner?

I think she would love to go to 3-for-3, but knows it is unlikely. She at least wants everyone else to be no better than 1-for-x, though. 

And Sandra's manipulation was fantastic. Don't know if she should have confessed, though. I guess Varner can't hold it over her later this way. 

Anyway, I am going to keep this episode on the DVR for whenever I need a laugh. Awesome episode. And the only way Sandra is a GOAT is if we're talking Greatest of All Time. 

• Love 16

Are the contestants allowed to continue taking their meds, if they normally take some? Did Debbie lose her meds? Can we have a Survivor spin-off show of contestants attending therapy? Debbie and Phillip and Brandon Hantz come to mind as must-have contestants for that show.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, UncleChuck said:

Well, I didn't expect to see this...but Phillip Shephard (Mr. pink underpants) is no longer the craziest player of Survivor.

Can you imagine Debbie and Phillip on a tribe?

I beg to differ. Debbie probably couldn't drive a teetotaler to drink like Philip could. That said, I probably would've put Tai on the beam because he looks like he'd have smaller feet. Not throwing shade on Debbie . . . I reckon Tai shops in the kids' section for shoes.

Nice for Michaela to stay in the game thanks to dumbass JT, who couldn't be bothered to take the idol to Tribal Council. She gets crazy, but it's an understandable crazy. Gotta love going for the canteen. What if she got voted off? Would she have done a spit-take?

• Love 9