Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Heaven Just Got a Little Smoother

(edited)

So glad to have this show back. Like you guys, I was fuzzy with certain things because it was so freaking long since we saw last season.

Love that Clive finally knows, and he's taking it all in stride. Hate that Wally and his family is dead- stop killing kids you crazy writers! It was nice that he was there for Liv while she was grieving for Drake. Hell, I'm still grieving over his death. 

I really hope that the new chick wasn't behind Wally's death. She seemed devastated over his death, and I like that she's not a bad guy...for now.

Blaine...still don't trust him. His dad needs to die- that guy is creepy and a jackass. I don't like mopey Ravi and the dreaded triangle. 

Major gets his own storyline...sort of. At least we will get to see what is going on in the Enterprise.

Whatever happened to Clive's cool girlfriend? I remember they had a falling out, so did she leave for good?

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Plus those kills were done with almost... military?... precision. I think she absolutely must have been the one who ordered the hits.

Or maybe one of her "soldiers" went rogue because he wanted to start a war that he figured the zombies would win? But it's still unclear to me how killing that family would start a war, or, if they were not killed by Vivian or one of her team, how the murderer would know they were zombies.

12 hours ago, ketose said:

I'm almost 100% sure than Vivian would prefer that all her people were cured rather than relocating to Zombie Island. Otherwise, she's kind of a whacko.

I just noticed we've got Liv and Viv. And looked up the meaning of "Vivian" to confirm it means "full of life." Heh.

Anyway, Vivian is pretty much confirmed as a whacko by her own words. Her story is that she chose to zombify herself so as to keep her marriage intact. Now if that story is true, that's crazy. I can get loving someone knowing that the person is a zombie and being willing to risk zombification. But deliberately opting to be a brain-munching killer is nuts, IMO. And of course, if that story is a lie, it's also whacko.

I really hope that Vivian isn't just a subtler version of Vaughn Du Clark (RIP), and that she's not behind the killing of Wally and his family to try to get Liv and the crew on board.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Paloma said:

Or maybe one of her "soldiers" went rogue because he wanted to start a war that he figured the zombies would win? But it's still unclear to me how killing that family would start a war, or, if they were not killed by Vivian or one of her team, how the murderer would know they were zombies.

Max Rager had its algorithms searching out for zombiehood based on excessive purchases of hot sauce, dye, tanning supplies. It is possible, even probable, that some people affiliated with Max Rager survived the massacre. If Monster had a huge party to celebrate Super Monster, say, not every Monster employee in the world would be there, right? And that's especially true if Monster had an evil clandestine division.

We know that Max Rager had been seeking zombies to kill them -- that is what Major was supposed to be doing. And we know that Max Rager had mercenaries on the payroll. There was a scene where Vaughn was telling Major about someone who criticized the brand and it was shown that Vaughn had that guy killed. And there was the guy that Liv turned accidentally.

So it's possible that there is now an actual Chaos Killer.  

There is also the possibility of Clive being the killer, although that seems wildly OOC.

ETA: Hypothetically, rogue zombie(s) could want to create the sense that Discovery Day has already happened, we're under attack, so let's strike first. Or merely to disillusion people like Liv of the notion that there'd be a possibility of a peaceful coming out of the coffin, to borrow the phrase from True Blood.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Anyway, Vivian is pretty much confirmed as a whacko by her own words. Her story is that she chose to zombify herself so as to keep her marriage intact. Now if that story is true, that's crazy. I can get loving someone knowing that the person is a zombie and being willing to risk zombification. But deliberately opting to be a brain-munching killer is nuts, IMO. And of course, if that story is a lie, it's also whacko.

I'd nearly forgotten her backstory, but it does tell us a couple of things.

1) She is willing to do whatever it takes to keep those she considers family safe. Does that mean she would sacrifice one for the rest? Or does it mean she'd never raise a hand against Wally? Dunno yet.

2) Her "missing" husband. Is he going to turn up again at some point, or is it going to turn out that he was killed by someone we know, and she'll be out for revenge? Given the looks exchanged between Liv and Major, my inference was that he was somehow responsible, but I'm not sure that jibes with what we know. I don't recall that he actually killed any of the zombies that Vaughn sent him to kill, and Viv pretty much seems to know the story about the "Chaos Killer" so if Major were involved, wouldn't she know about that as well?

Also, it occurs to me that as for the question of how someone not connected to Viv or our protagonists might know Wally was a zombie? The first cure did create living zombie detectors, so that could be how whomever it is knew.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
5 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

1) She is willing to do whatever it takes to keep those she considers family safe. Does that mean she would sacrifice one for the rest? Or does it mean she'd never raise a hand against Wally? Dunno yet.

This was what I was wondering - whether she willingly sacrificed Wally and his family to get Clive on board. She follows "the need of the many outways the need of the few (or the one)" philosophy. So she was genuinely sad to hear that the family was dead, but could justify it to herself for the ultimate purpose of saving everyone else. 

20 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Her "missing" husband. Is he going to turn up again at some point, or is it going to turn out that he was killed by someone we know, and she'll be out for revenge? Given the looks exchanged between Liv and Major, my inference was that he was somehow responsible, but I'm not sure that jibes with what we know. I don't recall that he actually killed any of the zombies that Vaughn sent him to kill, and Viv pretty much seems to know the story about the "Chaos Killer" so if Major were involved, wouldn't she know about that as well?

Vivian's description of the blackmail situation seems to perfectly fit what Blaine was doing, and I thought that the looks exchanged between Liv and Major (and Clive?) were suggesting that they recognized that. I'm pretty sure that Major did not kill any of the people he kidnapped.

• Love 5

Yeah, as I recall (and as always, it's possible that I got the details garbled), Viv's hubby had been turned by someone who then extorted him for brains to the tune of $25k. Once he'd worked out a way to get his independent supply of brains, Viv's hubby was going to meet up with his dealer and tell him his services weren't needed. And then he mysteriously disappeared. And Viv has sworn revenge on the zombie who did this.

So that really leaves as two viable suspects: Blaine and Papa Blaine.

• Love 3

Another potential issue or issues: Does Viv/FG know anything about attempts to cure zombie-ism? Would they be supportive of such efforts?

Have they worked on zombie-ism in a way that Liv has not? For instance, being able to better control the influence of the brain one is on (either to access the memories more directly or to suppress the effects of the brain's personality on the zombie)? To better control how to go Full Zombie Mode and when to get off of it?

We've seen/heard how Super Max affects humans (or at least DuClarke and Major) and feral zombies...it'll be interesting to see how it affects Liv/Viv-style zombies that can pass for human.

• Love 1

Does Viv/FG know anything about attempts to cure zombie-ism? Would they be supportive of such efforts?

This is an interesting question (and something that's been asked of vampires on various shows). Obviously Major would want the cure, even if he weren't in danger of dying in the near future. Blaine, on the other hand, was perfectly happy being a zombie. Liv is more of a question mark. The main reason she had for wanting the cure before was so she could be with Major without fear of turning him into a zombie. But now that he's a zombie AND she has seen how much she can help make the world a little bit better by helping Clive solve murder cases, would she still take the cure?

On The Vampire Diaries, there were several vampires who expressed interest in becoming human again but most of them were content being immortal (plus they had a lot of super powers) and they could live on animal blood. But would Vivian think that the benefits of being a zombie outweigh having to eat brains? I agree that ideally the kids should be unzombified because that's a tough road (see also: Claudia from Interview with the Vampire).

But I don't really know what Vivian's true agenda is at this point so I have no idea what her attitude about a possible cure would be. I do believe that the things she said to Liv are true and that she believes in them (she wants to protect the existing zombies and she wants to be prepared for D Day so that they aren't all murdered) but beyond that, I'm not sure what she really wants. One of the big differences between zombies and vampires is that vampires don't have to kill people in order to get blood. They can feed on people without killing them, so in theory they could have a vampire island and just bring one human per vampire and be fine indefinitely (well, for at least a few decades until the humans get old and die). Zombies don't have that option though. In order to get brains, humans have to die which means in order for zombies to keep feeding, they need a constant supply of humans. They can't go nuts and just start nuking the human population. Even if each zombie eats only one brain per week, that's 52 people a year per zombie and Fillmore Graves seems to have a pretty sizable number of zombies already. I wonder if Vivian is creating new zombies so they have a larger army or if she seeks out new zombies who have been created by others. I don't know what the annual mortality rate is in Seattle, but she must know that she can't create a gigantic army because that would require a huge amount of brains to feed everyone.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't know what the annual mortality rate is in Seattle, but she must know that she can't create a gigantic army because that would require a huge amount of brains to feed everyone.

Also, wouldn't the annual mortality rate includes plenty of people who would not be of much use in an army--babies and small children, disabled people, disabled people? It's not like everyone who dies is young and fit, but I forget whether turning zombie in this show gets rid of all physical weaknesses.

14 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Plus those kills were done with almost... military?... precision. I think she absolutely must have been the one who ordered the hits.

I don't think the fingernail removal makes any sense as a way for a non-zombie to "disarm" a zombie. I'd be far less risky to just throw some industrial gloves (or oven mitts in a pinch) over his hands. The removal does make sense as torture by someone who doesn't have to worry about infection, so it's likely a zombie-on-zombie crime, even if Vivian's group had nothing to do with it.

I think the issue about mortality rate was more about food supply than foot soldier supply.

If I'm reading this correctly, about 54k people died in real-world Washington State in 2015. 

http://www.doh.wa.gov/DataandStatisticalReports/VitalStatisticsData/Death/DeathTablesbyYear

Some dead people wouldn't be usable (say because they shot themselves in the head, or died in some way that destroyed the person's brain).

I'd also imagine a 5 month old baby's brain would not be as filling as an adult's.

I do wonder if eating animal brains is at all a substitute for human brains, the way drinking pig's blood was an acceptable substitute for vamps in Buffyverse.

5 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I don't think the fingernail removal makes any sense as a way for a non-zombie to "disarm" a zombie. I'd be far less risky to just throw some industrial gloves (or oven mitts in a pinch) over his hands. The removal does make sense as torture by someone who doesn't have to worry about infection, so it's likely a zombie-on-zombie crime, even if Vivian's group had nothing to do with it.

Plus what they said was only three fingernails were removed. Seems like one can still scratch with the other two (not to mention toenails.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I do wonder if eating animal brains is at all a substitute for human brains, the way drinking pig's blood was an acceptable substitute for vamps in Buffyverse.

I wondered about this, too. There hasn't ever been any discussion about nonhuman brains being viable food, has there?

2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Plus what they said was only three fingernails were removed. Seems like one can still scratch with the other two (not to mention toenails.)

The parents weren't zombies, at least not that I recall. The impression I got was that Wally never went home because he got infected and was eventually found and brought into Vivian's fold, but that they subsequently reunited him with his parents when Clive saw him. Unless Vivian's plan was to have Wally infect the parents before she would allow the family to get back together, I think they were probably normal humans. Clive and Liv's comment about it being a "message" I think bears that out.

That said, I still think Vivian is somehow involved in it, but I could be wrong.

New to the IZombie forums *waves*.  I love this show!

Initial thoughts:

1) If you are the CEO of a company called 'Fillmore Graves', you're pretty much evil IMO. And Viviana Stoll as a name is also a little sketchy for a name.  Did she steal the company from her 'missing' hubby.  Anyway, I could totally see her shedding crocodile tears over Wally.  With one familie's death she gets Clive on board and Liv as well.  

2) I seriously like Blaine now.  I'm very ambivalent about his morality.  And he has to defeat T-Bag. 

3) Poor Major. It looks sketchy at his new work.

4) I think the island island is Not defensible and a cover. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Anyway, I could totally see her shedding crocodile tears over Wally.

But she appeared distraught and surprised when she heard the news alone in her office, there would be no reason to include that scene other than to mislead the audience it could have easily just cut to her looking sad telling the teacher if they wanted to keep it ambiguous and not intentionally mislead the audience.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

And Donnie- for all of his simplemindedness at times- is totally spot on with Blaine. He's still just as evil and manipulative as ever; he totally sent those tweets. As much as I enjoy David Anders, if this season doesn't see the ultimate demise of Blaine, then I'm going to be very disappointed.

What? NO! Blaine works very well right now in his role as sorta antagonistic, but not flat out evil wild card (a bit like Spike in season 4, hopefully we'll be spared of the season 6 equivalent...) . TPTB will have to decide in which camp he falls in for good very soon I guess, probably once the amnesia arc ends - so he's either going to revert back to villain status and going out with a bang or he'll genuinely join the good guys, but hopefully no zigzagging. 

Whatever it is, Vivian will probably be on the other side, as they made a point of giving her a very personal reason to kill Blaine. I'd say the whole corporate zombie thing is probably on the evil side, but who really knows - the show usually isn't subtle when it comes to declaring who's on what side and so far we haven't really seen a lot of evidence for shady stuff. Maybe they're holding it back because we're supposed to not really know where to put them, much like Liv. Oh and then there's that island. Of course we'll never get to actually see it, but what we know doesn't sound all that evil either. 

And then there's of course the third party, Blaine's daddy. I'm hoping for a really wicked love-hate-triangle with him, Blaine and Vivian. 

Anyway, great the show's finally back. Lots of plot in this one so almost no time at all for the fun stuff, but I'm sure we'll get plenty next week. And hopefully Ravi gets back on track as well. 

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

The parents weren't zombies, at least not that I recall. The impression I got was that Wally never went home because he got infected and was eventually found and brought into Vivian's fold, but that they subsequently reunited him with his parents when Clive saw him. Unless Vivian's plan was to have Wally infect the parents before she would allow the family to get back together, I think they were probably normal humans. Clive and Liv's comment about it being a "message" I think bears that out.

I thought that the whole family was infected along with the rest of the employees and their families (first by the exotic virus brought back from Ecuador or wherever, then by zombieism when Vivian scratched everyone to "save" them from a horrible death) at the July 4th company retreat that Vivian told our heroes about. I was assuming that one of Wally's parents was an employee of F-G and that's why the family would have been at the picnic. Otherwise, how would Wally have gotten infected and why would he have been at the school for zombie employees?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Paloma said:

I thought that the whole family was infected along

They were. When the examined the parents they figured out they were zombies before they even knew they were Wally's parents because they noted that there was lack of blood from the headshots of both of them indicating that they were dead before they were "killed" ie they were zombies.

• Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They were. When the examined the parents they figured out they were zombies before they even knew they were Wally's parents because they noted that there was lack of blood from the headshots of both of them indicating that they were dead before they were "killed" ie they were zombies.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Then why the heck was Wally missing? I guess he just got lost or something, probably went Full Zombie due to lack of nutrition, and then managed to get picked up by Vivian's people before someone else found him?

ETA: And if the whole family was part of the group that Vivian had to "save," then wouldn't she have known where to return him without needing Clive's intervention? Something doesn't add up here. I think I have to rewatch- maybe I misheard or misread that scene with Clive and Wally.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
5 minutes ago, Cthulhudrew said:

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Then why the heck was Wally missing? I guess he just got lost or something, probably went Full Zombie due to lack of nutrition, and then managed to get picked up by Vivian's people before someone else found him?

ETA: And if the whole family was part of the group that Vivian had to "save," then wouldn't she have known where to return him without needing Clive's intervention? Something doesn't add up here.

The whole family was part of the group. Clive gave Vivian his card to give to his mother and presumably tell her not only to get in touch with him but that he was in on the fact that they were Zombies. Wally was just at Fillmore Graves for school he clearly lived with his parents in a house. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Clive gave Vivian his card to give to his mother and presumably tell her not only to get in touch with him but that he was in on the fact that they were Zombies.

Thanks for clarifying that! I was confused about why Clive needed to give his card to Vivian (wondering why he couldn't get in touch with them directly now that he had seen Wally), but it makes sense that having the contact go through Vivian would let the family know he understood the zombie situation. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wondered about this, too. There hasn't ever been any discussion about nonhuman brains being viable food, has there?

My guess is no. The movie "A Little Bit Zombie" went with the idea that animal brains had no nutritional value for a zombie. Some vampire lore states that blood needs to be human to replace the blood a vampire can't make on their own. I assume it's the same for zombies. The external brains somehow keep their zombie bodies and brains functioning. We do know the brain has to be relatively fresh because Liv got really sick on old liquefied brain.

9 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Yeah, as I recall (and as always, it's possible that I got the details garbled), Viv's hubby had been turned by someone who then extorted him for brains to the tune of $25k. Once he'd worked out a way to get his independent supply of brains, Viv's hubby was going to meet up with his dealer and tell him his services weren't needed. And then he mysteriously disappeared. And Viv has sworn revenge on the zombie who did this.

You call correctly, and $25k is even the price we've heard Blaine quote his customers.  I think there's no question that the mystery dealer is Blaine. 

9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Even if each zombie eats only one brain per week, that's 52 people a year per zombie and Fillmore Graves seems to have a pretty sizable number of zombies already. I wonder if Vivian is creating new zombies so they have a larger army or if she seeks out new zombies who have been created by others. I don't know what the annual mortality rate is in Seattle, but she must know that she can't create a gigantic army because that would require a huge amount of brains to feed everyone.

While it's never been established exactly how often a zombie needs to feed, I think they may be able to stretch 1 brain for longer than a week.  There have been multiple instances where Liv has shared a single brain with another zombie (horny, romance writer brain with Drake, mercenary brain with Major, science brain with Blaine plus at least one with Lowell), times where she's consumed the same brain twice (crazy stalker brain) and she's even frozen and saved portions of brains that she's liked for a future meal (positivity brain, though Major was the one who got to eat it).   That suggests that the necessary portion of brains needed to maintain sanity, may be smaller than we think.  Liv's zombie food porn usually look like they contain a few ounces of brain at most, and she doesn't seem to be eating a brain meal every day.  At that rate, she might be able to make a brain stretch 2 weeks.  I'm sure a military organization would be pretty good at rationing brains in order to make sure that the zombies got exactly the amount of brain they needed, no more, no less in order to make their supply stretch as long as possible.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

That suggests that the necessary portion of brains needed to maintain sanity, may be smaller than we think.

It also might mean that you need a lot of brain only at the beginning of becoming a zombie, and once your body has adjusted, you can eat less.

I think it's obvious Major killed Vivian's husband, who was being blackmailed by Blaine. The guilty look Liv and Major exchanged after they heard to story clinched it for me.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It also might mean that you need a lot of brain only at the beginning of becoming a zombie, and once your body has adjusted, you can eat less.

I think it's obvious Major killed Vivian's husband, who was being blackmailed by Blaine. The guilty look Liv and Major exchanged after they heard to story clinched it for me.

The only actual zombies Major has killed were the ones in the Meat Cute massacre or in the escape from Max Rager, i.e. zombies who posed an imminent danger to him and others. As the "Chaos Killer," he tranqed and froze zombies even though he knew DuClark wanted them dead and even though he knew that he was risking his life and Liv's if DuClark found out. That's because he thinks zombies are people too, and because he didn't think of himself as a killer.

Liv and Major exchanged a look over it because they know Blaine's MO - scratch a rich person to zombify and then demand $25k a month to provide brains. (Which seems like a poor business model, in retrospect. It seems to me pretty obvious that a rich person could get brains cheaper by making deals with funeral homes/labs and what have you. Or just killing homeless kids one's self. But I digress).

Assuming Vivian is telling the truth, Blaine is the main culprit. There's an outside chance it could be Daddy Blaine, because he took over the business from Blaine for a hot second, and an even more outside chance that Blaine had some sort of competition that we never heard about who happened to adopt the same business model down to the price.

But there is 0 percent chance that Major is the killer of Vivian's husband. It would be entirely out-of-character for Major, and it doesn't really fit any of the facts as Vivian told them, as there's no particular reason to think that Major would have motive or opportunity to kill her spouse.

Vivian laid it out, essentially, that she thinks that her husband's supplier killed him when her husband told the supplier he wouldn't be purchasing more brains from him. Trying to create an independent source of brains would be a pretty big motive to get rid of Vivian's husband because it would threaten the supplier's business. 

• Love 8

I FINALLY had time to catch the episode, and I'm so glad I did! Oh my God its been too long show! I've missed you. I'm really interested in where this whole Vivian plot, and people getting closer and closer to finding out the truth about zombies. I was sure Vivian was going to turn out to be a straight up villain, but it looks like they are going with something more nuanced. I feel like she really is serious about wanting to protect zombies, and she did seem really broken up by Wally's death, but I'm sure she will turn out to have a more sinister side, or someone in her company does. Maybe the real Big Bad will be a rogue faction in her group, who thinks that zombies are superior? And are trying to kill zombies to get a war going? Or she will show more nasty tendencies later? I've watched a lot of TV, organizations with mercenary groups on call are rarely purely good guys.

I really hope this Blaine/Payton/Ravi thing goes away soon. It makes Blaine boring, Peyton kind of pathetic, and Ravi dippy and kind of jerky. I don't want this all season. I did like Ravi's old boss showing up, she could be a decent reoccurring character, and give Ravi something to do beyond science experiments and moping over Peyton. I'm super happy that Clive is in on the secret now, so now he wont have to be subjected to Livs terrible excuses for her weird mood and personality swings. It seems like he is now on the side of keeping the zombies a secret, but how long will that last? He is still a cop after all.

I, like others, am questioning this whole Zombie Island idea. Maybe it could work when the zombies first "come out" to the general public, to prevent a panic that could lead to violence or death, and to show the people of Earth that zombies have no desire to go all Walking Dead on them, but I see it having a ton of problems in the future. Unless they're in international waters, they have to be under the governance of somebody, and even then, no way will the whole world be cool with an island of zombies just chilling out without answering to anyone except for this military group of zombies. Or can they just hang out there as private citizens? Will Vivian require all zombies to move there? Because, unless she has some kind of super extensive master list, there's no way she can find everyone and try to convince them to move to the island. Besides, I assume a lot of these zombies have families and lives and stuff that they probably wouldn't want to just leave to join some heavily armed zombie commune, with no connections or jobs to do there. Speaking of, what all will be done on this island? What do zombie accountants or PR managers do there? Will they just be stuck farming or some shit? I'm imagining this island being a temporary refuse for zombies being persecuted by humans or are in danger, and eventually coming back to their regular life when things chill out. It might take awhile, and I'm sure plenty of people will NEVER come around to their zombie neighbors, but we might be able to move past the Torches and Pitchforks stage.  

• Love 1

Ravi's old boss is not long for this world, I'd predict. I do wonder if while she's around, she and Ravi are going to develop a relationship that leads to hate sex. Shows do love their triangles so. 

Speaking of romances, I wonder how long Major and Liv are going to be apart. I guess there is the specter of Dead Drake to keep them separate for a while. 

Re: the island, has it been established if iZombieverse zombies need to breathe? Could they just walk along the floor of the sound if they wanted? I don't think it has. That would make a difference as to whether self-segregating on an island was a good or bad strategic move.

Jobs on the island doesn't seem like it would be an issue to me. Accountants and the like can work via computer. I've known some who do. Lots of jobs can be done telecommuting style. It wouldn't have to be a back to the land commune; we have the internet. Some people can work locally (the island will need everything from maintenance professionals to teachers), others can work online, and they can have commerce with the mainland so they don't need to grow their own food etc.

I am finding the long break left a lot of holes in my memory of where we are with things, and I've been really appreciating everyone's help in filling in and jogging my memories of the backstory on various elements.

Vivian's organization and approach to this is a bit disturbing.  They are already acting like they are at war, with their propaganda guideline posters and sayings.  At war, or in a cult.  I suppose with Major working for Fillmore Graves they will get more of the scoop.

Definitely need Ravi to not be a gloomy gus for the whole season, whether or not he resolves things with Peyton.  I did laugh when he shoved the trash can toward drunk!Liv with his foot.

And I like Clive being in the know, finally.

• Love 3

Poor Major.  Even though he has been exonerated, people still treat him like he's the Chaos Killer.  And he's joined Fillmore Graves.  Hmm...

I love how he started as a social worker but he conveniently had the build to become a personal trainer and now a mercenary (?). And then there was his stint as a vigilante and then kidnapper where the bulk wasn't necessary (he had weapons and tools) but I'm sure it didn't hurt. 

Just realized the show was back, and loved the first episode. Not much to add to the thread with the speculations and such, I have the same questions as you guys do. One thing though. Whether Viv and her lot are on the up and up or not, if her strategy is, as she puts it, to not go quietly into the night on D-Day, an island is a terrible military strategy. You're too contained with nowhere to go. Any nation opposed to them could just carpet bomb the island, and bye bye Zombieland. Which is why I am leaning more toward "evil" right now, or maybe just very very stupid. Heh.

On 05/04/2017 at 0:47 PM, JamieLynn832002 said:

That was my first thought too but she did, as Lady Calypso said, seem genuinely upset/surprised when she found out. But unless I missed something, how would anyone else have known they were zombies?

One of the guys on the radio was saying that his "neighbours were zombies" because he found brains in their trash. It could have been them. I too thought it was the corporation but then why show us the scene of her shocked and horrified when receiving the phonecall?

On 08/04/2017 at 3:03 AM, tennisgurl said:

I, like others, am questioning this whole Zombie Island idea.

The number one problem with Zombie Island is food. This entire island of people is going to import a huge amount of brains and nobody is going to notice? i don't think so

14 hours ago, AudienceofOne said:

One of the guys on the radio was saying that his "neighbours were zombies" because he found brains in their trash. It could have been them. I too thought it was the corporation but then why show us the scene of her shocked and horrified when receiving the phonecall?

The number one problem with Zombie Island is food. This entire island of people is going to import a huge amount of brains and nobody is going to notice? i don't think so

There's definitely a huge creep factor with the possibility of your loved ones' brains being eaten by zombies, especially if they could experience their lives. Zombies would be the new mediums. Even if they could buy off a brain source, the whole thing is unsettling.