Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Heaven Just Got a Little Smoother

Liv has discovered there are more zombies living in Seattle than she previously believed. In fact, there’s a private military contractor employing a small zombie army, and that army is preparing for the day humans learn of their existence. Major was exonerated for the crimes of the Chaos Killer, but is still considered a pariah. He manages to land a job with the one and only place that will hire him. Meanwhile, Blaine is accused of lying.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I marked the season premiere date on my calendar as soon as it was announced, and now I'm counting down the minutes. This has been one of my top two shows since it began--just hope this season lives up to the expectations.

• Love 2

Soooooo happy that iZombie is back!  The past year has been interminable.  When the series finale aired last year I had no idea it was going to be a full 49 weeks until the show came back.  So cruel!

So, what does everyone else think about the Fillmore Graves gal?  I don't know if I'm just primed to think she's a villain after how we ended the finale last year, but part of me is wondering if she had Wally's family killed in order to give him the motivation to side with Team Z.  

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, xqueenfrostine said:

So, what does everyone else think about the Fillmore Graves gal?  I don't know if I'm just primed to think she's a villain after how we ended the finale last year, but part of me is wondering if she had Wally's family killed in order to give him the motivation to side with Team Z.  

I don't know; in her solo scenes at the end, she seemed genuinely upset about Wally's death. If she personally is behind it, then she's a pretty great actress. It would make sense for that to be the reason, and I do think she and her company are going to be doing some shady stuff, but I'd like to think that she's genuinely doing this to protect zombies and that she does care. The fact that she's building their own island has me leaning toward her being more good than evil. 

That being said, someone within the company definitely is going to be the really evil Big Bad. Besides Daddy Blaine, which yay. Robert Knepper is always welcome on my screen.

The one storyline I am not looking forward to is the love triangle. I'm sorry, but I've seen this type of love triangle play out plenty of times. Been there, done that. You want to give David Anders a love interest? Have it be Filmore Graves CEO. Leave Ravi and Peyton alone. It's way too predictable and I'm not interested in seeing their drama unfold. 

Otherwise, very excited for this season. If it's the last season, I hope they've gone all out.

• Love 9

I really love the dead Rob Thomas comments. They shocked me with zombie CEO lady not being full evil. I love how there's been no quality drop over the three seasons so far. As a Veronica Mars fan, I've been burned in before by the non-dead Rob Thomas. And I'm amused at Robert Knepper being on while Prison Break restarted. Clive was good with Wally and slowly coming around to the zombies. Needed more Ravi. Next week looks good.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, xqueenfrostine said:

That was my first thought too but she did, as Lady Calypso said, seem genuinely upset/surprised when she found out. But unless I missed something, how would anyone else have known they were zombies? My other, really dark and hopefully very wrong, thought was that it was Clive but I'm not sure why my mind went there.

(edited)

Yay, iZombie is back!  It's nice looking forward to a zombie show again, after The Walking Dead crapped over its most recent season.

Interesting not having a case of the week this go around, and it was all focusing on the aftermath of the events from last season's finale.  Not quite sure what to make of Vivian and the Fillmore Graves (hee!) organization.  She seems sincere about her motives and was clearly torn up over what happened to Wally, but I can understand Clive's initial hesitation, because this could easily slip into full-fledge war.  Also, there is some logistical questions about the whole "Zombie Island" idea.  Still, I'm curious to see how this all plays out.  As much as I enjoyed Vaughn Du Clarke and the Max Ranger arc, I'm curious to see an antagonist who might not be flat-out evil.

Don E teaming up with Angus/Robert Knepper is something I never knew I wanted. 

Clive seems to be taking the whole zombie thing pretty well, all things considering.  But I still liked him putting it all aside to help Liv mourn.  I really enjoy their partnership.

Poor Major.  Even though he has been exonerated, people still treat him like he's the Chaos Killer.  And he's joined Fillmore Graves.  Hmm...

Only real misfire was the whole love triangle between Ravi, Peyton, and Blaine.  It's making Ravi all mopey and kind of a jerk, Peyton is coming off wishy-washy, and Blaine has lost his edge.  Really hoping this is all leading to him getting his memories back or revealing he has them this entire time, and ending it.  Still, congrats to Peyton for getting a spot in the animated credits!

I'm extremely delighted over the mention(s) of Rob Thomas' "passing."  Heaven just got a little bit smoother, indeed!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 9
54 minutes ago, xqueenfrostine said:

Soooooo happy that iZombie is back!  The past year has been interminable.  When the series finale aired last year I had no idea it was going to be a full 49 weeks until the show came back.  So cruel!

I just can't believe her nemesis is also Blaine. He really is the show's super villain.

They kind of flipped the script on the show. In a couple of season, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a World War Z situation going on. I was laughing my ass off at how the credits have Peyton shoe-horned in as "The Best Friend." I would have liked if they had the picture of Ravi as "The Ally" and Peyton as "The Aly."

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know; in her solo scenes at the end, she seemed genuinely upset about Wally's death. 

No, I agree.  I think I'm just looking for reasons to be suspicious of her, because while she seemed genuine, there's something about her character that screams "stop! it's a trap!"  I couldn't stop looking for signs.

2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

lso, there is some logistical questions about the whole "Zombie Island" idea.  

Here's a giant logistical issue: if you're going to build a zombie homeland, would you really choose an island in the middle of Puget Sound?  These people are supposed to be expert military types.  I realize that being on an island would at least protect them from land invasions, but being on an island situated in an inland sea that's still completely surrounded by the United States seems like a horrible plan.  If you're going to build a zombie homeland, shouldn't it at least be somewhere into international waters?

• Love 5

I was so glad to see this show return - I really missed the smart writing and good acting.  I was disappointed in this episode, though - it lacked any humor, which to me was always so enjoyable.  I realize our heroes are dealing with serious things like death, love triangles, zombie discovery  etc., but I miss Du Vaughn and the brain (and recipe) of the week. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, mjc570 said:

I was so glad to see this show return - I really missed the smart writing and good acting.  I was disappointed in this episode, though - it lacked any humor, which to me was always so enjoyable.  I realize our heroes are dealing with serious things like death, love triangles, zombie discovery  etc., but I miss Du Vaughn and the brain (and recipe) of the week. 

It was definitely less funny than most iZombie episodes (and Ravi was a bit of a drip this week, which rarely happens!), though I think it was probably necessary to break from the usual formula this week to set up the plot for the rest of the season.  The promo for next week suggests that at least some things will be returning to normal next week.

• Love 4

As soon as they said zombie island, my mind went straight to all the tv shows and movies where the revelation is "this quarantine isn't to protect us, but to bring us all together so they can blow us up!" I hope the show won't take this obvious route. If they really were this awesome super secret govt group, then they'd know they need to...recruit...people high up in all branches of govt (although who am I kidding, that didn't work so well for HYDRA).

• Love 2

So glad to have the show back, but I hope the entire isn't going to be about who's after zombies instead of individual cases, especially since the "chaos killer" storyline was a who's after zombies plot.

4 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

I wondered this too, I really hope we're not in for another storyline with the head of a big company being evil, because then this season is going to be a little like a variation of last season

Fillmore Graves - ha! 

I'd forgotten all about Major being in prison, and the headlines, as a killer. It has been too long! I'm also forgetting names, and had to scroll back to find his.

It's weird that the killer zeroed in on Clive's friend and his family. I can't imagine Clive doing that, and I briefly wondered if Liv thought Major did it - then figured that she was just worried for him.

Since Peyton slept with Blaine, does that mean that she could turn into a zombie? There was a reason that Liv and Major didn't sleep together. 

Looking forward to next week. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Anela said:

Since Peyton slept with Blaine, does that mean that she could turn into a zombie? There was a reason that Liv and Major didn't sleep together. 

It's been a long time, so I'm not 100% sure but I think Peyton slept with Blaine while he was cured, so no, she couldn't. 

This was less funny than some episodes but I still laughed a few times. The whole 'if we ate the brain of a train conductor' bit was great. And I could so be amused by a long-running Dead Rob Thomas thing but I'm easy like that. 

Poor Ravi. Poor Clive. I'm glad he finally knows. 

I'm just glad my show is back. This is my favourite cast of any show in so long and I'm thrilled to have them back in my life.

• Love 7
Just now, MissEwa said:

It's been a long time, so I'm not 100% sure but I think Peyton slept with Blaine while he was cured, so no, she couldn't. 

This was less funny than some episodes but I still laughed a few times. The whole 'if we ate the brain of a train conductor' bit was great. And I could so be amused by a long-running Dead Rob Thomas thing but I'm easy like that. 

Poor Ravi. Poor Clive. I'm glad he finally knows. 

I'm just glad my show is back. This is my favourite cast of any show in so long and I'm thrilled to have them back in my life.

Oh, thank you. Of course, the reason they were careful, was that Liv was still a zombie. Okay, feeling silly now. :) 

I heard Santana on the radio this morning on the way to work and two things popped into my head:

1. Poor Carlos, lost a friend, &
  2. Oh! That's what the episode title meant! D'oh!

Ravi, you dopus!  I get why you didn't pick up, but don't grumble around or else you'll lose Peyton!

• Love 3

When Liv and Ravi arrived at the house and Cavanaugh said that Clive had removed himself from the case, I immediately thought it was Wally who had been killed. But when Liv and Ravi entered the house, the first thing I thought was that the body on the floor belonged to the guy who was on the radio show and someone was trying to shut him up so I was like sucks to be you, dude!

I figured Clive removed himself from the case so there wouldn't be any issues raised about the investigation due to the fact that the security guard said on the radio that the cop at the radio station was the same cop from the Max Rager party. Honestly, I was just glad that my initial fear about the murder victim being Wally was wrong.

But then they panned over to Wally's door and I assumed that Vivian was behind this murder in order to get Liv and Clive on board with Fillmore Graves. I then changed my mind when we saw her reaction in the next scene. There was no one else in her office to see her reaction so there was no need for her to act shocked and upset, which is why I think her shock was genuine.

I'd be down with Rob Thomas jokes all season. Loved Blaine singing Smooth while he was working and then Diana Ross later at the organ.

I get why Don E. is suspicious of Blaine's memory loss but logically why would he think that Blaine would have agreed to do so much grunt work (and so cheerfully!) last season? We all know he's not the kind of guy who enjoys fetching sandwiches and being treated like the intern, especially since there seems to be no clear end game for a long con to "I'm just forgetful."

I know they had to tie up loose ends from last season and start setting up plots for this season, so I'm okay with the episode being less funny than usual. Everyone was dealing with the aftermath of the Max Rager party. As Liv pointed out at the beginning of the episode, they all had a really bad night. Liv had to kill her boyfriend, Clive found out about zombies, Peyton was kidnapped, Ravi found out about Peyton and Blaine, and Major hadn't found Natalie. And that's on top of being chased/attacked by crazed zombies, finding out about Fillmore Graves, and seeing them blow up Max Rager. That's a lot to take in all in one night, so they're allowed to be a little traumatized/less funny.

But I also loved that some of the characters pulled themselves out of their self-pity when they saw someone else needed them. Clive putting aside everything because Liv was upset about killing Drake was very sweet (heh, especially for Mr. Let's Never Discuss Our Personal Lives). Same with Ravi when Clive dropped her off. Loved the way he slowly pushed the trash can across the floor with his foot.

As always, the musical choices were hilarious. Hearing the lyrics of Human at the coffee shop cracked me up!

Someone remind me about the current living situations. Did Liv move back into the apartment with Peyton? Is it just Major and Ravi living at the house now?

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

That was my first thought too but she did, as Lady Calypso said, seem genuinely upset/surprised when she found out. But unless I missed something, how would anyone else have known they were zombies? My other, really dark and hopefully very wrong, thought was that it was Clive but I'm not sure why my mind went there.

It makes sense that your mind went there, I think-- Clive would be the obvious suspect if you didn't know him. The first thing I thought was that the Fillmore Graves CEO would think it was Clive who killed them, and go after him.

Clive is a human that she doesn't trust, and she was clearly a bit unhappy about allowing him to tag along to her meeting with Liv and Major and tour of Fillmore Graves. On that tour, he asked her to give his contact info to Wally's mother so that they could get together. Assuming the Fillmore Graves lady did indeed pass on Clive's contact info, then from her perspective, the timeline went:

-Shows human she doesn't trust around, giving him the chance to ID lots of zombies
-At his request, gives his contact information to a zombie child's zombie mother, who probably indicated she would contact him to meet in person
-A day or so later, that zombie child and his zombie parents are dead

The ending didn't establish whether she suspects him. So I'm wondering if, moving forward, the gang has to protect Clive from Fillmore Graves and try to convince them of his innocence, because the timing looks really suspicious for anyone who doesn't know that he would never kill a child and understands that zombies are mostly-ordinary people.

Edited by Anisky
  • Love 7

Liv

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Someone remind me about the current living situations. Did Liv move back into the apartment with Peyton? Is it just Major and Ravi living at the house now?

That's more or less right, though Peyton was the one who moved back in.  Liv has lived in that apartment for the entire series.

47 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I wonder if the island thing is so they can be close enough to civilization to poach brains as needed, but still remain relatively isolated. 

I would hope not, as that reason is exactly why it's unlikely that the humans of Washington would allow zombies to set up a homeland so nearby.  The island Vivian pointed out on the map appears to be Blake Island, which is only a couple of miles offshore.  That's easy swimming distance for a zombie.  The only reason to be that close is if the zombies think they might need to hunt humans for food. I can't imagine the humans of Washington state seeing a place so nearby as a proper quarantine.  They'd annihilate it by air strike to get rid of it.  Zombies may have the advantage in person to person combat, but I would imagine that they could still be easily overpowered by the US Air Force.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, questionfear said:

I wonder if the island thing is so they can be close enough to civilization to poach brains as needed, but still remain relatively isolated. 

That was my first question. How exactly are they getting food (which involves people dying) to an island without anyone noticing? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Superclam said:

That was my first question. How exactly are they getting food (which involves people dying) to an island without anyone noticing? 

Really, they would be so much better off becoming a powerhouse funeral home chain. 

• Love 10

Didn't Vivian already cover that?  She said something about a lot of crematorium operators being able to buy houses in cash, which implies she's got multiple sources for brains that should be able to operate fairly discreetly.

• Love 4

So happy this show is back-- and I'm actually glad they didn't have a CotW so they could focus on the aftermath of Max Rager and set up the Season 3 dynamic. 

I'm hoping that we haven't seen the last of Enrico Colatoni (??) as Drake's boss-- there has to be some follow-up to an undercover agent disappearing-- or will the Max Rager chaos be the blanket cover story for everything?

And I feel like the long break made me forget some stuff-- Ravi has 17 cures? Was this something we knew about? I guess that was from the last of the tainted utopium/Max Rager stuff from the boat party. (I feel like I should re-watch the last two episodes from season 2-- they were pretty jam-packed)

• Love 2

Clive was asking who got the 17 cures, my thoughts are that it should be the child zombies.  They have fewer memories to lose, and if they stay zombies, they will be children forever, which is harder to hide than an adult that lives forever.  Adults have more freedom of movement.  As long as there are people there to support them once the memories are gone, it should be fine.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, muffkins said:

Clive was asking who got the 17 cures, my thoughts are that it should be the child zombies.  They have fewer memories to lose, and if they stay zombies, they will be children forever, which is harder to hide than an adult that lives forever.  Adults have more freedom of movement.  As long as there are people there to support them once the memories are gone, it should be fine.

Eh considering that these cures haven't been thoroughly tested for safety, trying them out primarily on children seems like an extremely dodgy proposition.  They've only tried this cure on one human subject, and while Blaine hasn't suffered any physical side effects yet, it's only been a few weeks.  It hasn't even been that long since the zombie test rats received the cure.  They can't say with any certainty that there are no serious long term health effects (or death!) that aren't more serious than zombism itself.  So it's probably not a great idea to give it to children.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

And I feel like the long break made me forget some stuff-- Ravi has 17 cures? Was this something we knew about? I guess that was from the last of the tainted utopium/Max Rager stuff from the boat party. (I feel like I should re-watch the last two episodes from season 2-- they were pretty jam-packed)

My husband and I felt the same way--we should have rewatched at least the last two episodes of season 2, if not the entire first two seasons, before watching this episode. We kept pausing the screen to say things like, "Wait, what person or event in the past did this refer to?" But we still enjoyed the show and will rewatch tonight now that some of the memories have been refreshed by reading people's comments here.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, questionfear said:

It makes it less likely that somebody will just say "nuke 'em". Somebody could still attack with conventional weaponry, but that's not entirely effective against zombies, so they'd be inviting a counterattack.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

It makes it less likely that somebody will just say "nuke 'em". Somebody could still attack with conventional weaponry, but that's not entirely effective against zombies, so they'd be inviting a counterattack.

I imagine regular bombs would be fairly effective against zombies, if they used enough of them.  A carpet bombing campaign should kill or incapacitate them enough to be able to go in and finish the rest off.  I mean I'm sure the zombies will build bomb shelters, but they're too close to the mainland (and to a major Air Force base, which is within 30-40 miles away) to have much warning before an air strike starts.

• Love 1

I'm having trouble recalling some things too. So the cure that Blaine took is responsible for his retrograde amnesia. But Major is dying?? (may not have heard that right) but doesn't want the cure because he'll lose his memories? 

18 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

<snip>

Otherwise, very excited for this season. If it's the last season, I hope they've gone all out.

& this (among other posts with similar thoughts)

33 minutes ago, rove4 said:

I'm having trouble recalling some things too. So the cure that Blaine took is responsible for his retrograde amnesia. But Major is dying?? (may not have heard that right) but doesn't want the cure because he'll lose his memories? 

Not sure if this is the last season, but it would've been nice for TheCW to air last season over the past weeks; nearly a full year makes it tough to remember plot points. They could've done something on the weekends.

• Love 5

I'm not 100% sure but I think there were two cures - the first one, which Major got, where you're cured, then turn back into a zombie, then... die? And the second that they made with the tainted utopium they dug up in that field. Which causes the amnesia? But right this second I can't even remember if Blaine is currently a zombie or not so I don't know. Damn that 49-week gap between this season and last (which was confusing enough as it was). 

I do think that Blaine doing nefarious deeds in this episode isn't evidence that he's faking the amnesia or that his memories are coming back. Amnesia would remove his memories, not his whole personality. He's a bad dude and not remembering his past doesn't change that. It works better for me than the end of last season where he as all nice and sweet, because, memories or not, that's not who Blaine is. Maybe this isn't his memories coming back but just his essential Blaine-ness coming through. 

...Or he could be faking. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MissEwa said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think there were two cures - the first one, which Major got, where you're cured, then turn back into a zombie, then... die? And the second that they made with the tainted utopium they dug up in that field. Which causes the amnesia? But right this second I can't even remember if Blaine is currently a zombie or not so I don't know. Damn that 49-week gap between this season and last (which was confusing enough as it was). 

It's taken me a bit to remember, but the first cure was given to Blaine and Major in order to turn them human. It worked....for about a month or two. Then, Blaine and Major turned back into zombies, except the downside was that they had an expiry date, unlike Liv. The second cure was improved, and that one isn't known to kill them yet, but the first and only side effect is memory loss (presumably, according to Blaine). But it did cure Blaine and he is human. It's technically only been a few weeks since Blaine took the second cure, so it's unknown what other side effects there are. But Major is the one on borrowed time because he absolutely needs to take the cure soon, or else he will die. They're just dragging out his deterioration until they need him to. 

I do think that Blaine is probably regaining memories sooner rather than later. Whether it becomes a natural course or he gets brain surgery from Ravi's experiment, but there's no way we don't see him turn villain again at the end, especially if Peyton chooses Ravi at the end over him.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

I mean I'm sure the zombies will build bomb shelters, but they're too close to the mainland (and to a major Air Force base, which is within 30-40 miles away) to have much warning before an air strike starts.

Zombies don't need the sun; homes and businesses could be mostly underground. Throw in a good subway system and a bombing raid would hardly pick off anyone,

• Love 1

My first thought was that "self-segregating" on an island make it far too easy to wipe the zombies out - they'll be concentrated there and isolated from escape. Or, do they think people will forget about them? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Zombies don't need the sun; homes and businesses could be mostly underground. Throw in a good subway system and a bombing raid would hardly pick off anyone,

That would be a wise idea (assuming the tiny island can actually support a ton of multi-level underground structures, that's not always the case), but that doesn't appear to be what they're doing.  Vivian showed us pictures of the school they're building, and it's definitely above ground.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, rove4 said:

Blaine is the Patient Zero for Zombieism, Cure #1 and Cure #2. Blaine was the first to get Cure #1 when Liv stabbed him with it. Major got Cure #1 a few hours later and had hardly started turning. Cure #1 stops working after a while. Then you revert back to a zombie. Blaine reverted, then got really sick and took cure #2 with nothing to lose. Cure #2 has turned him human, but we don't know if he lost his memories forever or if he's going to die (or revert) anyway. Major has yet to take cure #2, probably because he hasn't gotten deathly ill yet.

Utopium is this show's Unobtainium. If Ravi had enough of it and an unlimited supply of rats, he seems to think he can come up with a cure. Obviously, a cure would pretty much end the show. That's why cures only last a certain amount of time, Liv never takes them and the ingredients are limited. I'm almost 100% sure than Vivian would prefer that all her people were cured rather than relocating to Zombie Island. Otherwise, she's kind of a whacko.

• Love 3

I thought the idea was that they would try to create a homeland in order to stall people noticing there are zombies at all. If they live together, but off by themselves, they can live openly within the island, and only need some shuttle commerce to the mainland, to pick up crematorium brains or other supplies, which will continue to make it less likely to be detected.

She said they expect that at some point the secret will be out one way or another, but by I thought that by proving they are proactively "harmlessly quarantined" they are hoping retaliation is less likely, and also that they can more easily defend themselves if they are all fortified and militarily trained.

It's too close for a nuclear strike, which would amount to bombing the mainland at the same time. And I think they're just ignoring the possibility of a conventional airstrike, or massive military force from the surrounding area. But since the only way to kill a zombie is to shoot them in the head or decapitate them outright, they think they will have an advantage in hand to hand combat, especially since they are "contagious." They might also be able to spin a story about how a bomb might spread the contagion by causing airborne vectors, and people would be afraid to try to fight them up close using ground forces, lest they be "converted".

But I thought the main idea as presented was to slow down the discovery, and then plead sympathy and harmlessness as a quarantined population that is going out of its way not to cause any trouble, while mazimizing the possible defense position in case that doesn't work... unless Fillmore Graves is lying, which is also a possibility. They can't be planning to try to kill off or totally convert the non-zombie population, because they need brains. They might possibly want to flip the power and use the non-zombies as a "crop" to harvest, I suppose. But they didn't show us anything that looked like it might actually work to that end, either.

Also, lots of people in real life have all kinds of unrealistic survivalist plans. We have people with bunkers and militias now, in the real world. So a fictional zombie island doesn't even sound that far fetched to me, in terms of something they might try, even if it doesn't look like it would really be all that great of a plan in terms of likely success.

It's like every other tv contrivance. It wouldn't work, but it creates a story.

• Love 4

Just re-watched the episode and am still confused about the references to Natalie. I thought that Major had frozen her and put her where he kept his other "murder victims" but then why doesn't he know what happened to her or where she is? For that matter, what happened to the other frozen zombies? I'm sure this was explained at some point last season, but it's been too long and I can't remember.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Paloma said:

Just re-watched the episode and am still confused about the references to Natalie. I thought that Major had frozen her and put her where he kept his other "murder victims" but then why doesn't he know what happened to her or where she is? For that matter, what happened to the other frozen zombies? I'm sure this was explained at some point last season, but it's been too long and I can't remember.

I might have it wrong, but at some point Max Rager caught on to Major not actually killing anyone. They took all the folks he kidnapped and froze to their secret lab. He ran into Natalie briefly during the party, and saw that she and the others were there. But in the chaos of the celebration going crazy, he lost track of her.

• Love 3

I frickin' love this show. I'm so glad it's back.

And Donnie- for all of his simplemindedness at times- is totally spot on with Blaine. He's still just as evil and manipulative as ever; he totally sent those tweets. As much as I enjoy David Anders, if this season doesn't see the ultimate demise of Blaine, then I'm going to be very disappointed.

On 4/4/2017 at 7:06 PM, xqueenfrostine said:

I had the same thought. I mean, those solo scenes seemed unnecessarily manipulative (of us, the audience) if true, but on the other hand, Liv is now on board with Team Zombie, Major is now on board with Team Zombie. Even Clive is on board with the deception. Plus those kills were done with almost... military?... precision. I think she absolutely must have been the one who ordered the hits.

(edited)
44 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I might have it wrong, but at some point Max Rager caught on to Major not actually killing anyone. They took all the folks he kidnapped and froze to their secret lab. He ran into Natalie briefly during the party, and saw that she and the others were there. But in the chaos of the celebration going crazy, he lost track of her.

He never actually saw her there. She was confirmed by other zombies as having been there, but was nowhere to be found by the time Major reached (and rescued) them. The working assumptions now are either that: 1) she was taken as an experiment like Drake, and is now landfill somewhere, or 2) was removed for reasons unknown and transported off-site. Given that they've made it a point to make it a plot point in this episode, it's more likely that #2 is the answer.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 6