Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Baby Nups and Breakups

• Start Topic

Lol at Sheree wanting compensation for her son with zero runway experience and at Kandi's aunts talking like they should have been on the trip to Hawaii. Also the looks they gave Todd when he said it would be 2 years before the restaurant made money.

I can't anymore with the Kenya and Matt drama. So she's making booty calls to him but can't be with him because of his issues, but invites him to the dogs birthday.

That whole bit with Kandi's employee Johnny going to Phaedra to talk about suing Kandi seemed very fake. But there's so much fake on these shows.

• Love 14

Let's go back to Sheree and Kairo. She is totally delusional. He did not look good. Did he lose his 6 pack since last we saw it? Can they do his hair. And Sheree thinking his not being on time is ok. Do that at a show not run by your friend and see what happens. She complained about the locale, the temperature. Girl, get a clue. 

Bizarre how Mat seemed to have just started a fight upon arriving. Odd.

• Love 16

Either Kairo is really shy or he inherited Bob's brains. If he has Sheree's entitlement, then there really is no hope for him.

I liked how Cynthia and her business partner tried to drop hints to Sheree and Kairo that his lateness was a problem, and the only reason why he was still in the show is because Sheree is a friend. But neither Sheree nor Kairo picked up what Cynthia was putting down.

I'm sure Kairo showed up late because Sheree was salty about the lack of compensation and the local press. She should be glad that Cynthia put him in the show. Sheree really wants him to go from unknown to Vogue spreads. Her delusions are too much.

Aunt Bertha is still miserable, I see.

I'm glad that Todd told Porsha straight up that he wasn't signing that bullshit. He shouldn't want kids with her because she's immature as fuck.

Oh! I'm going to need for someone to make a gif out of Matt's 'Stop in the name of love' hand motion he made. "You don't care about me, so go" :arm out:

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Oh! I'm going to need for someone to make a gif out of Matt's 'Stop in the name of love' hand motion he made. "You don't care about me, so go" :arm out:

This is a big part of the problem though. Although Matt is crazy and has anger problems, Kenya keeps playing him. She pulls him in, then pushes him away, then pulls him back in, then away, on and off until the cameras disappear, instead of walking away and leaving him alone for good.  She is sending him mixed signals and Matt isn't smart enough nor mature enough to know he is being played for the show. And Kenya is a fool thinking she can control him enough to use him for the show like she has. Thank God he didn't physically hurt her in retaliation like some other guy would have, she needs to stop playing people like that before someone does take it that far.

• Love 20

Porsha combines all of the fake storyline of Gretchen Rossi with the toxic malevolence of Tamra Judge or Kelly Dodd.

Phaedra is a sneaky snake. "I came to this meeting because Johnny came to me for help. I took an oath." Messy as fuq.

Also shut up Johnny. He negotiated a terrible employment contract. He had many opportunities to sit down with Kandi and talk about how many hours a week he wanted to work. Instead, he silently worked a ton of hours for too little pay, got steamed about it, and quit 2 years later. I'll have to see this restaurant proposal before I make a decision. I bet you it's something bullshit and basic like upscale soul food. Johnny is sounding like a delusional fabulist. He had the original idea for A Mother's Love?!?! A Mother's Love, the musical about a woman in an all girl singing group whose narcissistic controlling mother is undermining her daughter's relationship with the man she loves. Yeah, that sounds like an idea Johnny had.

Sheree and Kairo are obnoxious and entitled. Sheree more than Kairo.

I loved the venue for Cynthia's show.

I don't know what to make of Kenya and Matt. All I know is that I want it off my tv. Ugh.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 21

It blows my mind she can state she's afraid of him and in anger he's destroyed her property multiple x...but allow him into her home alone to watch her dogs and still meets him for booty calls. Obviously she's not that scared of him. But aside from that- as a woman who loves loves my dog I wouldn't never allow someone to care for my pup that is so obviously batshit crazy, violent, and bitter. Get the fuck out with that bullshit. 

The news is filled with stories of angry exes hurting spurned lovers pets. My mom once worked with a woman whose bf after a fight killed her pet while she was at work. 

• Love 14

I only caught the preview on Friday, so I have no interest in watching more.

• Sheree is as delusional and entitled as ever, judging by her expecting her son to be the next male supermodel before he's done a single fashion show.
  • Sheree expects to get a SWAG bag (or something free) for her son showing up? Ha ha ha!
  • Dumb Porsha wants to make a baby nuptial in case her sperm donor leaves her. If he's abandoning you, he's not going to be taking his child with him.
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

• Sheree expects to get a SWAG bag (or something free) for her son showing up? Ha ha ha!

Yes. Like the people did for modeling her clothes at her fashion show. Oh wait...

• Love 18

So, Porsha is as dumb as a box of rocks.  We are surprised?? And Phaedra is still being messy as hell, including that whole Johnny thought up "A Mother's Love" AND had the idea for a restaurant?Huh?? He's nuttier than a fruitcake. Good luck with that making you look like a real lawyer, Phaedra. Yup.

And Kenya and Matt... booty call and all. He dog sits for her when she goes out of town but he's really skkkeeerrrryyyyy. No. Don't believe it for a minute.  If he's that skkeeerrryyy, you would never in a million years leave your beloved pets with the guy.  Aww HELL no.  Dumbass!!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sheenieb said:

I'm sure Kairo showed up late because Sheree was salty about the lack of compensation and the local press. She should be glad that Cynthia put him in the show. Sheree really wants him to go from unknown to Vogue spreads. Her delusions are too much.

I'm sure Sheree has Hadid-like aspirations for Kairo, but what she doesn't understand is that she doesn't have the money or connections to put him squarely in front of the camera, which was how the Hadid girls got there in the first place.

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 11

This episode was one big yawn.

Cynthia should've scratched Kairo from the line-up.  Late without good reason?? Teach him how the real modeling world works.

Extra Crispy Todd was not having any of that Baby Nup mess.  It needs to go the way of Cynthia's Friendship Contract.

UGH.  Kandi's wretched aunts & mom.  Even Ace's cuteness gets muffled by their vileness.  Greedy witches.

Matt is crazy but he ain't never lie when he told Kenya she'd be alone & miserable.  She acts like we've forgotten season after season of her desperate ass looking for any dummy who'll tolerate her BS.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

• Sheree is as delusional and entitled as ever, judging by her expecting her son to be the next male supermodel before he's done a single fashion show.
  • Dumb Porsha wants to make a baby nuptial in case her sperm donor leaves her. If he's abandoning you, he's not going to be taking his child with him.

You mean for showing up late? I don't think he's going to make it; esp. with that obnoxious Momanger! ;-(

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Punctuation correction
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I'm not so sure, Todd has custody of his 2 kids (even though his parents really have custody and are doing the real work of raising them), so maybe he would take custody of "their" baby for the child support payments. After all, he doesn't have any job/paycheck! LOL

• Love 3

I have a question, didn't Matt gift Kenya both King and Twirl together and said they were from the same litter when he gave them to her? They showed a clip of him gifting them to her and you can see Twirl peeking out from his jacket! LOL

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cyberfruit said:

I'm sure Sheree has Hadid-like aspirations for Kairo, but what she doesn't understand is that she doesn't have the money or connections to put him squarely in front of the camera, which was how the Hadid girls got there in the first place.

At least Yolanda was a successful model so she understands the business.  Whereas thirsty Sheree is a wannabe designer, a wannabee actress, a wannabee writer, a wannabee momager.

• Love 14

Johnny probably came up with the idea for Kandi's sex toy line, her clothing stores, Tardy for the Party, and Xscape, since he is taking credit for her other accomplishments. I missed the a bit of the lawyer meeting, but did he say he wanted Kandi to be a silent partner in a restaurant? Also, doesn't Johnny have an event planning business or something?

Suuuuurrrreeee Phaedra, you do not have any beef with Kandi. That was one messy lawyer/possible client meeting.

I think Matt has a whole bunch of issues, but I do agree with him when he says that Kenya does not want to speak about her faults. Kenya needs to stop the push/pull with him. Don't have sex with him in his truck. I hope she did not do that just to suck him back in to being a storyline. Just be done. Please? I was sick of this storyline a long time ago. 

Porsha's baby-nup was stupid. It did sound like it just benefitted her. I am glad Todd2 told her he was not signing it.

Sheree is delusional if she thinks Kairo, who does not have modeling experience, should be compensated. I do think he might have potential if he is on time and fires Sheree.

I liked the venue for Cynthia's fashion show. I thought Noelle did well. I am so glad Cynthia's handbag line is nothing like Gretchen's from RHOC. Though I would never imagine they would be anywhere near similar.

Ace was cute. I laughed at him eating the chicken wing.

So is Phaedra divorced or not?

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, parrotlover said:

Lol at Sheree wanting compensation for her son with zero runway experience and at Kandi's aunts talking like they should have been on the trip to Hawaii. Also the looks they gave Todd when he said it would be 2 years before the restaurant made money.

I can't anymore with the Kenya and Matt drama. So she's making booty calls to him but can't be with him because of his issues, but invites him to the dogs birthday.

That whole bit with Kandi's employee Johnny going to Phaedra to talk about suing Kandi seemed very fake. But there's so much fake on these shows.

Its stuff like this that convinces me its real.  Abusive relationships are often toxic and codependent.  And yeah, at some point, people get tired of hearing about how terrible this dude is but you keep involving yourself with him.

And how hard he deflects, whenever she brings up something, he answers with something she did.  And because she is codependent, she sees "well, if only I did this different, we could be together and it could be good."  But that dude is always going to be violent.

Also, how does anyone have sex with a guy with crazy eyes?  I would need to him to put a bag over his head.  Or a mask that covered those eyes.

32 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I have a question, didn't Matt gift Kenya both King and Twirl together and said they were from the same litter when he gave them to her? They showed a clip of him gifting them to her and you can see Twirl peeking out from his jacket! LOL

Yes, thats how I remember it.

I like dogs, but I don't always understand the sort of attachment Matt/Kenya have to King/Twirl.

Because I don't understand it, I see it all as their excuse to reignite their toxic and codependent relationship.

• Love 6

Phaedra looked like she was ready to turn some tricks. Those back rolls were a sight to behold. Phaedra if you sit in on the consultation, you are putting yourself the in middle of the dispute. 

Kairo's first walk looked like a drugged Clydesdale. Good looking fellow, but momager will ruin his career if she's involved.

Porsha, Porsha, Porsha. Does she really expect a man to sign over his financial future to her just because he impregnates her? Girl just go to a sperm bank.

Matt's just go dab was fabulous. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Let's go back to Sheree and Kairo. She is totally delusional. He did not look good. Did he lose his 6 pack since last we saw it? Can they do his hair. And Sheree thinking his not being on time is ok. Do that at a show not run by your friend and see what happens. She complained about the locale, the temperature. Girl, get a clue. 

Bizarre how Mat seemed to have just started a fight upon arriving. Odd.

Here is my beef with Kairo.  If you want to be a model, thats fine and dandy.....but he walked like he had never seen a fashion show in his life.  And in this age of youtube, instagram and facebook he could have spent some time studying how other successful male runway models walk.  He clearly didn't.

He looked clunky when he walked.  Compare him to Noelle who looked smooth and fluid.....just like a model.  But I feel like he and Sheree have this idea that he only needs to show up and he'll be heaped with praise, handbags and money.

Sheree is always throwing shade at people doing heaps better than her.  Seriously, girl, you got a lot of shit to talk for someone who took over half a decade to get a house built.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

But aside from that- as a woman who loves loves my dog I wouldn't never allow someone to care for my pup that is so obviously batshit crazy, violent, and bitter. Get the fuck out with that bullshit. 

The news is filled with stories of angry exes hurting spurned lovers pets. My mom once worked with a woman whose bf after a fight killed her pet while she was at work. 

Kenya is definitely living in denial when it comes to Matt.  She thinks that just because he hasn't physically hurt her (yet), that he's not an abusive person.  I'm also sure she probably thought that since Matt is the one who gave her the dogs that he wouldn't hurt them.  She really underestimates what a person scorned is capable of.  And Matt seems to come unhinged very easily.  I've seen preschool aged boys act more mature than he was acting in this episode.  I was truly harboring some strong secondhand embarrassment for him watching this.  smdh

2 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Dumb Porsha wants to make a baby nuptial in case her sperm donor leaves her. If he's abandoning you, he's not going to be taking his child with him.

I don't know.  I'm not on board with this "baby nup", but it's not impossible for a man to fight for custody of a child and demand child support because the mother makes more money than he does.  Look at Sherry Shepherd.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Because I don't understand it, I see it all as their excuse to reignite their toxic and codependent relationship.

Not so surprising (at least to me) is that Kenya found the strength to really break it off with Matt once the cameras were done filming the regular season, which is why I question whether or not she used/played him for a storyline this season.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Iguessnot said:

Phaedra looked like she was ready to turn some tricks. Those back rolls were a sight to behold. Phaedra if you sit in on the consultation, you are putting yourself the in middle of the dispute. 

Porsha, Porsha, Porsha. Does she really expect a man to sign over his financial future to her just because he impregnates her? Girl just go to a sperm bank.

Yeah, Phaedra's "duty" to this guy was pretty much to just tell him she had a conflict of interest and couldn't represent him.  A courtesy would be to give him the information for another attorney.  Sitting in on his consultation and asking if he had a case was too far.  By the way, its very unclear if that guy has a case or not.  I mean, a restaurant concept would have a very thin trademark, and the proposal would have to go into a LOT of detail about the restaurant for him to have a case.  The one case I read on it, the restaurant that "copied" a concept had copied lighting, decor, seating arrangements I think.  And then to try to say that he and Kandi had an "oral contract" is tenuous at best.  I don't know if the court is going to want to hold someone responsible who was just like "okay" when presented with an idea.  There has to be a mutual meeting of the minds for there to be a contract.  Without an actual contract that didn't discuss terms, it would be hard to show that Kandi had any intent to enter into a contract with him.  His contention that he came up with the play also sounds pretty weak....I mean, arguing that Kandi owes him money because he had an idea for a musical about an overbearing mother is not going to get him anywhere.  

As for Porsha, that "baby-nup" is unlikely to be held up in any court of law.  For one, it goes against public policy in that it contravenes most family law, and I would imagine most family law principles in Georgia.   It would be much easier for her to just go to a sperm bank, but I guess she can't get 35% of those guys earnings.

1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Not so surprising (at least to me) is that Kenya found the strength to really break it off with Matt once the cameras were done filming the regular season, which is why I question whether or not she used/played him for a storyline this season.

My thought would be that once the cameras stop rolling, we see much less of their lives.  So, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out they are still talking during the off season.  She has said she is "done" with Matt a few times on this show, and then goes back.  I think its likely that it also happens in her real life when she is not on the show.

I hope for her sake that I'm wrong and that she is all the way done with him.  

I think even people who hate Kenya don't want to see her dead....and those crazy eyes tell me that Matt is that guy.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

As for Porsha, that "baby-nup" is unlikely to be held up in any court of law.  For one, it goes against public policy in that it contravenes most family law, and I would imagine most family law principles in Georgia.   It would be much easier for her to just go to a sperm bank, but I guess she can't get 35% of those guys earnings.

I suspect that this "baby nup" is the result of Porsha knowing that he has sole/primary custody of his 2 kids now even though his parents are raising them, not him. Of course, that would also beg the question of why would she want to have a baby with him knowing this but....Porsha. LOL

6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, Phaedra's "duty" to this guy was pretty much to just tell him she had a conflict of interest and couldn't represent him.  A courtesy would be to give him the information for another attorney.  Sitting in on his consultation and asking if he had a case was too far.  By the way, its very unclear if that guy has a case or not.  I mean, a restaurant concept would have a very thin trademark, and the proposal would have to go into a LOT of detail about the restaurant for him to have a case.  The one case I read on it, the restaurant that "copied" a concept had copied lighting, decor, seating arrangements I think.  And then to try to say that he and Kandi had an "oral contract" is tenuous at best.  I don't know if the court is going to want to hold someone responsible who was just like "okay" when presented with an idea.  There has to be a mutual meeting of the minds for there to be a contract.  Without an actual contract that didn't discuss terms, it would be hard to show that Kandi had any intent to enter into a contract with him.  His contention that he came up with the play also sounds pretty weak....I mean, arguing that Kandi owes him money because he had an idea for a musical about an overbearing mother is not going to get him anywhere.  

My thought would be that once the cameras stop rolling, we see much less of their lives.  So, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out they are still talking during the off season.  She has said she is "done" with Matt a few times on this show, and then goes back.  I think its likely that it also happens in her real life when she is not on the show.

I hope for her sake that I'm wrong and that she is all the way done with him.  

I think even people who hate Kenya don't want to see her dead....and those crazy eyes tell me that Matt is that guy.

If you read her twitter you might have thought they were still on and off but not according to his twitter. He would rage about her, delete it, then say something nice begging her to take him back, rage, ask for forgiveness, on and on all season but I never got the impression from either that they were still dating or even hooking up. But, who knows with those 2! LOL

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Here is my beef with Kairo.  If you want to be a model, thats fine and dandy.....but he walked like he had never seen a fashion show in his life.  And in this age of youtube, instagram and facebook he could have spent some time studying how other successful male runway models walk.  He clearly didn't.

Much like his dad, I think Kairo agreed to appear on this show so his mom would have a storyline.  He doesn't walk anything like a model and doesn't seem to have the personality it takes to be a spokesperson for anyone's fashion line which is basically what a model is.  He doesn't seem the least bit serious about it if you ask me.  And just because you're good looking doesn't automatically make you a model.  He needs some serious training because when he first started his practice walk he looked like he was about to trip over his own big feet.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 12
Just now, swankie said:

Much like his dad, I think Kairo agreed to appear on this show so his mom would have a storyline.  He doesn't walk anything like a model and doesn't seem to have the personality it takes to be a spokesperson for anyone's fashion line which is basically what a model is.  He doesn't seem the least bit serious about if you ask me.  And just because you're good looking doesn't automatically make you a model.  He needs some serious training because when he first started his practice walk he looked like he was about to trip over his own big feet.

For his sake, I hope you're right.  

I hope Sheree doesn't push him in real life, because yeah, he doesn't have the personality for it.

Maybe Sheree can find that Ashford University doctor for a storyline next season.  That was the one time I literally laughed out loud at Mama Joyce.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, swankie said:

Much like his dad, I think Kairo agreed to appear on this show so his mom would have a storyline.  He doesn't walk anything like a model and doesn't seem to have the personality it takes to be a spokesperson for anyone's fashion line which is basically what a model is.  He doesn't seem the least bit serious about if you ask me.  And just because you're good looking doesn't automatically make you a model.  He needs some serious training because when he first started his practice walk he looked like he was about to trip over his own big feet.

He seemed bored with it before he even did his practice walk and had no interest in what anyone had to say to him after either. LOL This is all for his mom keeping her peach to pay off the monstrosity around her neck!

• Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, RealReality said:

The state bar association must be down right proud of Phaedra Parks, Esq., between her material misrepresentations in divorce filings, sitting in with a party who is contemplating suing a former client and not telling Porsha the idiocy of a baby nup she is just an embarrassment. 

13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I suspect that this "baby nup" is the result of Porsha knowing that he has sole/primary custody of his 2 kids now even though his parents are raising them, not him. Of course, that would also beg the question of why would she want to have a baby with him knowing this but....Porsha. LOL

I think Todd is a deadbeat dad x 3.  At least his kids claim he is:  http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/01/todd-stewart-porsha-williams-boyfriend-rhoa-instagram-dating-who-is/

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, escape said:

At least Yolanda was a successful model so she understands the business.  Whereas thirsty Sheree is a wannabe designer, a wannabee actress, a wannabee writer, a wannabee momager.

I know Yo's a bore, but I like her; beautiful, talented, has gorgeous kids, and is an overall nice person! Others on BH show can't say the same; Rinna, LVP, & Dorit! Kyle's more an enabler of LVP and Rinna! Eileen the runner-up enabler of Rinna! LisaR's lame apologies aren't worth the breath she uses to spout her empty promises of sincerity! ;-(

13 minutes ago, RealReality said:

The one case I read on it, the restaurant that "copied" a concept had copied lighting, decor, seating arrangements I think.  And then to try to say that he and Kandi had an "oral contract" is tenuous at best.  I don't know if the court is going to want to hold someone responsible who was just like "okay" when presented with an idea.  There has to be a mutual meeting of the minds for there to be a contract.  Without an actual contract that didn't discuss terms, it would be hard to show that Kandi had any intent to enter into a contract with him.

This guy has about as much of a chance of winning a lawsuit against Kandi over the restaurant idea as Phaedra and Apollo would have had had they decided to sue Kenya for making an exercise video after their partnership imploded....and that is no chance at all.  And good luck going against Miss moneybags Kandi.  But then, maybe he can get with Kim Zolciak and find out how she was able to win against Kandi in the lawsuit Kandi filed against her for Tardy For The Party.  I would try to get Kim's lawyer if I was him.  LOL!

• Love 2

Superficialities: Cynthia looked ethereally gorgeous with her short hair when shown in a flashback 6 yrs earlier - why does she insist on the long, bewigged look (especially the orange tones!) which IMO just hides her beauty?  Loved her dangly silver leaf earrings  in the talking heads where she's wearing a tragic red & black sheer dress (what's happened to her sense of style??)

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The state bar association must be down right proud of Phaedra Parks, Esq., between her material misrepresentations in divorce filings, sitting in with a party who is contemplating suing a former client and not telling Porsha the idiocy of a baby nup she is just an embarrassment. 

I think Todd is a deadbeat dad x 3.  At least his kids claim he is:  http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/01/todd-stewart-porsha-williams-boyfriend-rhoa-instagram-dating-who-is/

So there is a "third" child? Oh my! The last report I read was about his parents raising 2 of them and that he didn't support them at all so I am not surprised to read he does nothing for the youngest child either. Run Porsha, Run! As goofy and immature as Porsha is, I do think she would be a loving, attentive mom but she needs to do this right, either wait to find the love of her life or go to the sperm bank but stay away from known deadbeats!

• Love 2

It seems like Cynthia is always having these low-rent events for her various companies.  Kairo didn't seem enthused about modeling at all.  He strikes me as very shy.  He could have potential but like others have said, doesn't seem to have the motivation or the personality.  He's young.  Runway modeling might not be his thing but I could see him being a successful print/catalogue model.  They make great money, too.  Poor Noelle, she is not a model at all.

And apparently Phaedra's divorce was recently thrown out -- they filmed this how many months ago?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

So there is a "third" child? Oh my! The last report I read was about his parents raising 2 of them and that he didn't support them at all so I am not surprised to read he does nothing for the youngest child either. Run Porsha, Run! As goofy and immature as Porsha is, I do think she would be a loving, attentive mom but she needs to do this right, either wait to find the love of her life or go to the sperm bank but stay away from known deadbeats!

If a potential parent is worried about who has the media say so with their child I am thinking they aren't ready nor will ever be.

Wait Phaedra is giving a lowly employee of Kandi's a hug and a kiss?

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

If a potential parent is worried about who has the media say so with their child I am thinking they aren't ready nor will ever be.

Wait Phaedra is giving a lowly employee of Kandi's a hug and a kiss?

I disagree and only because Porsha's jobs involve TV/radio and media/tabloid coverage, so I get her wanting to have that say (Tamra/OC). That is as long as she didn't use the baby for her sole storyline.

Phaedra is really reaching with this storyline and it stinks IMO.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree and only because Porsha's jobs involve TV/radio and media/tabloid coverage, so I get her wanting to have that say (Tamra/OC). That is as long as she didn't use the baby for her sole storyline.

Phaedra is really reaching with this storyline and it stinks IMO.

She doesn't want a baby she wants an accessory.  There is a reason parents make choices together and baby nups are contrary to public policy.  Bravo should be ashamed of even airing such nonsense. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

She doesn't want a baby she wants an accessory.  There is a reason parents make choices together and baby nups are contrary to public policy.  Bravo should be ashamed of even airing such nonsense. 

I disagree, IMO, she really does want a baby, I think her miscarriage, followed by the divorce and her sisters baby, made her go into baby hyper overdrive. The older she gets without a baby, the more urgent the need becomes for her, I understand that feeling personally, very personally (minus the divorce). Although, I do agree that Bravo should not have filmed that or Kenya's quest either.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Yeah, I wondered if this was a thing and apparently it is

http://www.babynup.com/advice.html

It is very unclear about whether or not a "baby nup" has ever survived a court challenge.  It is also not run by an attorney, but by a family law paralegal, which would make me super nervous on all accounts and may represent the unauthorized practice of law if she is drawing up legal contracts and documents.  There is also a big disclaimer about how it may not hold up in court.

Also, this statement from their website "It can help establish a legally-binding custody and parenting time arrangement in the event the parents need to enforce their agreement" makes me think that they realize that a "baby nup" is not really a legally enforceable agreement, since it can only "help establish" a legally binding arrangement.  Courts will ultimately decide what is in the best interest of the child, even if you had an agreement.  

Ultimately, this service seems more like a scam.  When people get upset, a non-legally binding piece of paper they signed is not going to stop them from going to court.  

A Baby-Nup is as legally binding as a Friendship Contract.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Yeah, I wondered if this was a thing and apparently it is

http://www.babynup.com/advice.html

It is very unclear about whether or not a "baby nup" has ever survived a court challenge.  It is also not run by an attorney, but by a family law paralegal, which would make me super nervous on all accounts and may represent the unauthorized practice of law if she is drawing up legal contracts and documents.  There is also a big disclaimer about how it may not hold up in court.

Also, this statement from their website "It can help establish a legally-binding custody and parenting time arrangement in the event the parents need to enforce their agreement" makes me think that they realize that a "baby nup" is not really a legally enforceable agreement, since it can only "help establish" a legally binding arrangement.  Courts will ultimately decide what is in the best interest of the child, even if you had an agreement.  

Ultimately, this service seems more like a scam.  When people get upset, a non-legally binding piece of paper they signed is not going to stop them from going to court.  

A Baby-Nup is as legally binding as a Friendship Contract.

The women is an idiot.  She has a rather Pollyanna approach to the law.  Gee, I wonder if there is a swearing jar where a parent is mandated to drop money into in the event they swear. Or maybe there is a father shall always agree with mother.

In California family law is governed by the best interests of the child and the preference is that both parents have equal input.  Don't know Georgia law but I doubt the agreement would be enforceable.  It sounds to me like Porsha is planning to fail as a couple-no surprise there.  Why Porsha wants to have a baby before she is married is beyond me.  She claims she wants to be married. 

In case Porsha is wondering here is something even she can understand.  http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/prenuptial-agreements-what-law-allows-30283.html  Giving it a cute name doesn't side step basic legal principles.

I don't know if it was scripted but I applauded the guy for walking out the door-cute dress or not. 

Since this was bad law episode on RHOA, I thought I would bring forward Kandi Burruss' comments from WWHL.  Kandi pointed out how implausible it was that the nitwit suing her could have a restaurant with her family.  She said pretty much the same thing about the play.  How Phaedra can even pander to such idiocy with a straight face is beyond me.  Kandi also mentioned that Phaedra lied straight to her face about her involvement with Johnny.  I guess it is shown in a future episode. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

The bolded part are the magic words.  May Not Hold Up In Court!  So why even get one?  You don't have to be married to go through family court to establish the same exact things this "Babynup" does.  The only difference with family court is that the baby needs to already be in existence, but at least those agreements hold up in court because that's where they are established.  I can see a babynup being overturned if the terms aren't in the best interest of the child.  Big waste of time and money (because we know they aren't free).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree, IMO, she really does want a baby, I think her miscarriage, followed by the divorce and her sisters baby, made her go into baby hyper overdrive. The older she gets without a baby, the more urgent the need becomes for her, I understand that feeling personally, very personally (minus the divorce). Although, I do agree that Bravo should not have filmed that or Kenya's quest either.

I feel like Porsha wanted a baby with Kordell for security purposes.  Once out on her own she didn't need the 18 year bind.  I think Phaedra was very honest with her.  She must see something the rest of us just feel.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

The women is an idiot.  She has a rather Pollyanna approach to the law.  Gee, I wonder if there is a swearing jar where a parent is mandated to drop money into in the event they swear. Or maybe there is a father shall always agree with mother.

In California family law is governed by the best interests of the child and the preference is that both parents have equal input.  Don't know Georgia law but I doubt the agreement would be enforceable.  It sounds to me like Porsha is planning to fail as a couple-no surprise there.  Why Porsha wants to have a baby before she is married is beyond me.  She claims she wants to be married. 

In case Porsha is wondering here is something even she can understand.  http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/prenuptial-agreements-what-law-allows-30283.html  Giving it a cute name doesn't side step basic legal principles.

I don't know if it was scripted but I applauded the guy for walking out the door-cute dress or not. 

Since this was bad law episode on RHOA, I thought I would bring forward Kandi Burruss' comments from WWHL.  Kandi pointed out how implausible it was that the nitwit suing her could have a restaurant with her family.  She said pretty much the same thing about the play.  How Phaedra can even pander to such idiocy with a straight face is beyond me.  Kandi also mentioned that Phaedra lied straight to her face about her involvement with Johnny.  I guess it is shown in a future episode. 

I have to wonder if he talked to her/Todd about investing in an old fashioned southern family cooking style of restaurant, not necessarily her family but maybe his family? That is IF there is any truth to his claim. I can't see that he had anything to do with her musical unless he gave her the initial idea about doing one about her mother, other than that....nothing. LOL Honestly, I get production manipulation from this just as much as I do from Brock's GF showing up at Kandi's out of the blue and getting past her security without notice. LOL

3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I feel like Porsha wanted a baby with Kordell for security purposes.  Once out on her own she didn't need the 18 year bind.  I think Phaedra was very honest with her.  She must see something the rest of us just feel.

I disagree, I think she really wants a baby. Although, I would not be surprised to learn that is what her mother taught her women are supposed to do, marry well and have babies.

• Love 2

I have to wonder if he talked to her/Todd about investing in an old fashioned southern family cooking style of restaurant, not necessarily her family but maybe his family? That is IF there is any truth to his claim. I can't see that he had anything to do with her musical unless he gave her the initial idea about doing one about her mother, other than that....nothing. LOL Honestly, I get production manipulation from this just as much as I do from Brock's GF showing up at Kandi's out of the blue and getting past her security without notice. LOL

Yikes, if that's the basis for his claim it's a loser.  That is too vague a concept to have been "stolen."  But as you said that's if there is any truth to his claim at all.  Next he will be claiming he gave her the lyrics for "scrubs." Because they once had a conversation about men who are losers.

I also agree that a lot of this may be producer manipulation of a man desperate for his 15 minutes.

• Love 4

LOL Honestly, I get production manipulation from this just as much as I do from Brock's GF showing up at Kandi's out of the blue and getting past her security without notice. LOL

I'm wondering about the previews with Apollo's new boo showing up to Kandi's restaurant when she said it was an invite only event.  And then she says to Apollo on the phone that she feels some kind of way about it because it makes her look messy.  For one, how did Apollo's fiancé find out about the restaurant pre-opening party in the first place and for two, why was she there knowing that Phaedra very well could be in attendance?  Production manipulation all the way.  When they start creating situations it means the show is on it's last leg if you ask me. 

• Love 5

From what Johnny said, he approached Kandi about being a silent partner in a restaurant and gave her a proposal.  In and of itself why would Kandi be a silent partner in a restaurant about her family featuring her family and her family's recipes?  It is pretty difficult to claim any kind of intellectual property claim on someone else's life.   The guy is a moron-he could have had a good deal just working Kandi's parties.  I hope he isn't expecting any great wage reimbursement if these are the ideas he is claiming-as in I hope he doesn't believe he was entitled to wages for all his good ideas. 

Kandi said the reason Brock's girlfriend go in is because they were filming and thought she was with production.  I think you are on to something.  Little did Kandi realize how with production she was.   

2 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Yikes, if that's the basis for his claim it's a loser.  That is too vague a concept to have been "stolen."  But as you said that's if there is any truth to his claim at all.  Next he will be claiming he gave her the lyrics for "scrubs." Because they once had a conversation about men who are losers.

I also agree that a lot of this may be producer manipulation of a man desperate for his 15 minutes.

Maybe he will want a cut of Ace's baby line -probably thought that was a good idea as well.

1 minute ago, swankie said:

I'm wondering about the previews with Apollo's new boo showing up to Kandi's restaurant when she said it was an invite only event.  And then she says to Apollo on the phone that she feels some kind of way about it because it makes her look messy.  For one, how did Apollo's fiancé find out about the restaurant pre-opening party in the first place and for two, why was she there knowing that Phaedra very well could be in attendance?  Production manipulation all the way.  When they start creating situations it means the show is on it's last leg if you ask me. 

Sounds like perhaps Todd told Apollo and/or his girlfriend.  That Todd.  Best bet Carlos King told her.  Or blame Peter.

Phaedra was also saying she was divorced so perhaps the fiance figured a great time to meet the mother of her future step-children. 

• Love 2