Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Commander-In-Chief

• Start Topic

On ‎30‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 4:46 PM, kili said:

Russian mom? Raised from a babe to be a spy? 

A too obvious hint.

As people who are naturalized themselves can become ministers, why suspect someone solely because her parents's nationality? Seth's parents were immigrants, too.  

On ‎6‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 6:04 AM, secnarf said:

From the promos for the following episode (which just aired tonight).

We didn't see the promos here and also otherwise we are behind, but I have so far succeeded not to look comments before I have warched.

Of course Aaron wants a new good job and Kimble is an obvious choice.. But maybe he also wants to know what else is kept secret from him and Kimble may know part of it. 

I think that speculations about Alex or Mike is useless, because the mole must have been someone inside White House with a high security status to decide that Kirkman should be Designated Survivor.  Unfortunately, we don't know other former staff members than Seth and Aaron. Seth hadn't such a security status and I doubt Aaron had an authority to make such a decision when Langdon was present. So it must have been someone we haven't seen yet or if we had, only in the background.

As for Naruba, it presented a childish view about foreign policy matters: not only it could be decided at once, but it was only about preventing genocide versus saving American lives. Irl, no state acts on the basis of morality but because of its own interests.     

On 3/30/2017 at 2:14 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I hope so but I doubt it. They made of point of saying he's only served one term. The only reason for the show to point that out is if the long term plan is for him to challenge Kirkman for the presidency. Whether he was part of the plot or Is just taking advantage of the situation to get himself back in and make a power play I'm not certain. But I don't think his intent is altruistic. 

Bingo.  Still eligible to serve, and as SecState he's in the line of succession.  Chekhov's Former President (see Chekhov's Gun Trope)

On April 5, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Moose135 said:
On April 5, 2017 at 5:02 AM, Roseanna said:

and there is no hint that they make love.

Other than the two kids...

Isn't even this still questionable? Did we ever get confirmation that Kirkman is his son's bio-dad?

25 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Isn't even this still questionable? Did we ever get confirmation that Kirkman is his son's bio-dad?

I thought that either Kirkman or his son opened the envelope in the episode before the hiatus and it confirmed that Kirkman was the dad.  Did I imagine that?

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I thought that either Kirkman or his son opened the envelope in the episode before the hiatus and it confirmed that Kirkman was the dad.  Did I imagine that?

That's what I thought happened too.

But even if it was still questionable, that in and of itself is evidence that they do have sex. There would be no question if they didn't!

Their present-day sex life is debatable, however.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

And in the Pilot when they first introduce them they were smooching before the youngest interrupted them 

I meant that there hasn't even been a hint that they have ever made love in White House.

39 minutes ago, Roseanna said:

I meant that there hasn't even been a hint that they have ever made love in White House.

It's irrelevant to the story lines and what the show is about. We have seen that the Kirkmans have a good marriage and have lived in the White house for a couple of months now. Regular sexual activity is a normal part of a functioning marriage. Viewers can draw their own conclusions if they care about that at all. The show doesn't need to address it in any way.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, orza said:

It's irrelevant to the story lines and what the show is about. We have seen that the Kirkmans have a good marriage and have lived in the White house for a couple of months now. Regular sexual activity is a normal part of a functioning marriage. Viewers can draw their own conclusions if they care about that at all. The show doesn't need to address it in any way.

I disagree. To me, the present to be happily married, but there is no depth, unlike in Borgen.  

18 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Old people like that aren't allowed to have sex, are they?

Not sure what that has to do with anything?
I actually meant that they are living apart right now. Alex seems to be coming to the White House for business-related things but that's it.

25 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Old people like that aren't allowed to have sex, are they?

They are in their 40s. That's not old. But old people have sex, too.

5 minutes ago, secnarf said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything?
I actually meant that they are living apart right now. Alex seems to be coming to the White House for business-related things but that's it.

I wouldn't say they're living apart. They are splitting their time between two residences due to job and kids. They can go back and forth to Camp David on a daily basis, if they want. They can also have sex any time of day whenever they want to make time for it. It doesn't require an overnight stay. I'm baffled why this is even in question. They're a couple. Of course they have sex. That's what adults in a relationship do. It doesn't need to be shown or hinted at.

On ‎10‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 3:42 AM, orza said:

They are in their 40s. That's not old. But old people have sex, too.

I wouldn't say they're living apart. They are splitting their time between two residences due to job and kids. They can go back and forth to Camp David on a daily basis, if they want. They can also have sex any time of day whenever they want to make time for it. It doesn't require an overnight stay. I'm baffled why this is even in question. They're a couple. Of course they have sex. That's what adults in a relationship do. It doesn't need to be shown or hinted at.

It's not at all "of course". Pressures in work, serious disagreements or other things can lead to the situation that a couple doesn't have sex for ages. And Kirkman certainly have pressures of hardest kind. It would be odd if it doesn't influence on his marriage.

However, the most serious problem is that Alex has no other role than that of a wife. We see her only discussing with Kirkman but not acting. Even if Alex had to abandon her own career, doesn't First Ladies usually have some cause they support? Through it, she could have somehow been integrated to the plot.

2 hours ago, Roseanna said:

Pressures in work, serious disagreements or other things can lead to the situation that a couple doesn't have sex for ages. And Kirkman certainly have pressures of hardest kind. It would be odd if it doesn't influence on his marriage.

And then there is the matter that he just got shot.

I was astonished that the POTUS kept his word to the Naruba rebellion leader. After all, he earlier tricked the governor (although it was Emily who gave the promise for Kiefer).

Of course one can sacrifice one's honesty only once, so it should be saved to trick one's greatest enemy.   

Im sad Aron left the White House. I liked him as Chief of Staff and the camaraderie between he, Seth and Emily. Speaking of Emily, I'm sad they dropped the thing between her and Aron. Actually I feel she sort of dropped Aron the minute chief of staff was within her grasp. She barely reacted to his suspension and eventual resignation.

Did like Pres Kiefer's "25... more than 25 years ago" line (funny how time gets away from you like that)

Forward progress on the conspiracy! Amazing.
Pres. Moss is so a part of it. And now he's 3rd in line to retaking the Presidency (until we get a new VP, at least). Though I thought what he said to Kirkman, while blunt, was pretty accurate.

Aaron - GET A LAWYER! It doesn't mean you can't help, but you really need somebody to cover your ass.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, Raja said:

The President did catch himself with his off the books personal Special Agent appointment "ANY MEANS NECESSARY... within the Constitution of the United States"

I'm sure Agent Jack Bauer Nikita knows which part of that statement can be safely ignored...

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:46 PM, deaja said:

There was a pretty big clue pointing to Aaron (the e-mail) and this was a conspiracy that obviously went deep and was entrenched in the government.  Much as I like Aaron, I think it would have been negligent not to thoroughly investigate it.

I do wish that everyone would not be so outraged that they are being investigated for the mass murder and treason that took place only a few weeks ago. Nobody should be above suspicion. And maybe if they were a bit more paranoid, they wouldn't have appointed a VP who was in on it!

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, piequinn35 said:

Seriously, people can hack cars? is that even possible?

Yes, but I don't think what they actually showed was possible. If it's a modern enough car, you could probably freeze the steering and lock the throttle to full (which would make you crash eventually), but without cameras inside the car it's doubtful you could deliberately drive it off a bridge.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, Roseanna said:

Yes, but they are foreigners, so they don't count. As we learned from ex-POTUS, 15 Americans means more than the lives of 100 000 foreigners.

There is an old saying among the more cynical members of the press - one dead American = 10 Europeans = 100 Asians = 1000 Africans. So by that arithmatic, the 15 Americans do outweigh the 100 000 Africans.