Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: The End

18 minutes ago, neuromom said:

Also, I was half expecting Trubel to be able to see Kelly and Marie , and I expected her to turn to Marie and say "mom?" Thus making Nick and Trubel first cousins. 

I guess I didn't expect Marie to be Trubel's mom because that would mean Aunt Marie raised her nephew but not her daughter (I think), but I did expect that Trubel would have seen them.  I suppose the fact that she couldn't was to clue us in that Nick was receiving something akin to spiritual guidance from them.  It would have worked for me if Trubel had been in on that.  She's a Grimm, she's in the family, so why not.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, neuromom said:

It just occurred to me. Zoerster wanted Nick to hand him the stick, and Nick just threw it on the ground and said "come and get it." And Baby Stick just lied there while Zoerster used Papa Stick battle everyone. Yet, when Nick got ahold of Papa Stick, Baby Stick popped in and attached itself to Papa. So what is the reason why Baby Stick didn't do that as Zoerster was runninf around with Papa Stick. 

Maybe Baby Stick has a conscience and only responded to the "good", not the "Evil". 

Well, the Stick had more of a conscience than JuliEve anyway. 

And in regards to an earlier question about whether Nick, Sean, Hank, Wu are retired 20 years down the road- in my state, police officers can retire at 50, so all of them would theoretically be retired. Or else they might be in some higher administrative staff position. My guess would be that Nick at least may have left the force at some point to be full-time Grimm.in my stay, police officers can retire at 50, so all of them with theoretically be retired. 

Also, I was half expecting Trubel to be able to see Kelly and Marie , and I expected her to turn to Marie and say "mom?" Thus making Nick and Trubel first cousins. 

LOL.  I spit beans out of my mouth on the baby stick comment!

2 hours ago, icewolf said:

I will never understood why they didn't go the route of Juliette turning Wesen but basically stay the same person, no trailer burning or helping kill mom involved. I think everyone was expecting Juliette to have trouble getting through the change, but basically find a way to stay good instead of what we go.

A' Grimm being engaged to a Hexenbiest would have been an interesting twist (Juliette NOT Adalind).

I get that showrunners wanted to do something new with the human girlfriend thing, but they practically character assassinated her. You can't have a character do horrible stuff like that and expect the audience to want her to stick around.

The writers had an entire summer to course correct what they wrote at the end of s4 when Juliette/Eve showed up alive.  Nick had already informed his mother that Adalind and Viktor were back in Portland and they knew she had Diana.  So, it just made no damned sense at all for Kelly not to call her son and ask him about the email from Juliette BEFORE she showed up at his home with Diana in tow.

• Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

I guess I didn't expect Marie to be Trubel's mom because that would mean Aunt Marie raised her nephew but not her daughter (I think), but I did expect that Trubel would have seen them.  I suppose the fact that she couldn't was to clue us in that Nick was receiving something akin to spiritual guidance from them.  It would have worked for me if Trubel had been in on that.  She's a Grimm, she's in the family, so why not.

She's not a true Grimm -- her blood wouldn't work for the potion...  right???

Edited by jhlipton
(edited)
8 hours ago, jhlipton said:

She's not a true Grimm -- her blood wouldn't work for the potion...  right???

Wesen could see that Trubel was a grimm and she could see them woge the same way Nick could so as far as I was concerned, she was as real and true a grimm as Nick.

Is there something I missed about her not being a "real" grimm?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I agree.  That didn't make any sense to me either.  Later in the narration they said that T. Rubel was Nick's third cousin (finally!), and that they all carry the same blood.  So why didn't she see Nick's relatives?

On 4/1/2017 at 3:24 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I always liked Nick and Juliette together, and I preferred Adalind as the nemesis. 

This show went downhill once they introduced Trubel -- a completely useless and unnecessay character that took the focus off the "real" Grimm, and played by a terrible actress.

The epilogue was nice, but Diana's blood lust to kill Wesen was a little unsettling. I guess she never really outgrew her childhood sociopathic tendencies. .

Re - Nick & Juliette - I never liked Nick and Juliette together as they seemed to have no chemistry. Later, I was surprised to learn they were BF & GF in real life off-screen. In the scenes where Juliette has scenes with the young guy (Josh?) that Trubel went to live with, the actress had definite chemistry.  Same in the early scenes with Nick and Adalind. They had on-screen interest with each other, whereas to my eyes Nick and Juliette had zero.

Re - Trubel - I really liked that character and she added quite a bit of needed diversity in the Nick, Hank & Wu show.  Her edgy, nervous and skittish manner worked well for her character and she brought a lot of earnestness and purpose to the part.  I was sorry they didn't use her more and I was glad she was brought back for the last two episodes.

Re - Diana - Yes, the actress embodied an almost robot-like super creepy alien psychopath vibe, modelled after the character of Rhoda from 'The Bad Seed'.  I would be afraid to be in the same room with her. I also didn't understand why she was so calmly willing to go with the skull guy at the end, when just a few hours earlier she was quaking in fear while saying, "He's coming! He knows where we are!"  WTF?

On 4/1/2017 at 4:07 PM, Blue Plastic said:

I wanted to know this as well.  What kind of a being is Kelly exactly?  Is he a partial Zauberbiest (like Renard) but also a Grimm?  Having that extra little punch of strength from being a 'biest might really help boost his Grimm abilities.  Would have liked to see this but they probably didn't have the time or wherewithal to film a whole episode devoted to the Kelly/Diana/Triplets.  But I wish they could have.  *cries*

Yes, poor Kelly -  a.k.a. 'The quietest baby you've ever met'.  It always cracks me up that the babies in these shows never need feeding or changing or require any interaction whatsoever from anyone.  No one ever picks them up or talks to them or acknowledges them. They just lay there like they are unable to make a peep or move.

On 4/1/2017 at 4:22 PM, HunterHunted said:

If the show felt like Nick needed to be in a relationship and the choices were between Juliette and Adalind, I'm always going to choose Adalind because Claire Coffee can act. I don't love or even like how they got together. However, the showrunners felt strongly that Nick needed to be in a relationship and Claire was up to the task in a way that Bitsie never could be.

and this:

On 4/1/2017 at 5:28 PM, DeeDee79 said:

It's truly amazing how her expression never changes no matter what the circumstances are.

This. I agree.  I worry that Bitsie Tulloch's previous cosmetic surgery + Botox kept her face in a tight, unmoveable condition, which made it difficult to show nuanced emotions. I remember watching an interview with the actor John Ritter's wife Amy Yasbeck right after he unexpectedly died.  The lovely actress had had so much Botox (I assume), that even though she was saying how shocked and sad she was over his sudden death, her face never registered a thing.  I'm pretty sure Amy discontinued the Botox after seeing herself in that film clip and in later interviews was able to show much more facial movement and grief, especially while discussing her multi-million dollar lawsuits against the hospitals and doctors that misdiagnosed his heart ailment. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Casually Observant said:

This. I agree.  I worry that Bitsie Tulloch's previous cosmetic surgery + Botox kept her face in a tight, unmoveable condition, which made it difficult to show nuanced emotions.

Wow. I didn't know that she had had Botox. Was this recent?

3 hours ago, Casually Observant said:

I agree.  That didn't make any sense to me either.  Later in the narration they said that T. Rubel was Nick's third cousin (finally!), and that they all carry the same blood.  So why didn't she see Nick's relatives?

Re - Nick & Juliette - I never liked Nick and Juliette together as they seemed to have no chemistry. Later, I was surprised to learn they were BF & GF in real life off-screen. In the scenes where Juliette has scenes with the young guy (Josh?) that Trubel went to live with, the actress had definite chemistry.  Same in the early scenes with Nick and Adalind. They had on-screen interest with each other, whereas to my eyes Nick and Juliette had zero.

Re - Trubel - I really liked that character and she added quite a bit of needed diversity in the Nick, Hank & Wu show.  Her edgy, nervous and skittish manner worked well for her character and she brought a lot of earnestness and purpose to the part.  I was sorry they didn't use her more and I was glad she was brought back for the last two episodes.

Re - Diana - Yes, the actress embodied an almost robot-like super creepy alien psychopath vibe, modelled after the character of Rhoda from 'The Bad Seed'.  I would be afraid to be in the same room with her. I also didn't understand why she was so calmly willing to go with the skull guy at the end, when just a few hours earlier she was quaking in fear while saying, "He's coming! He knows where we are!"  WTF?

Yes, poor Kelly -  a.k.a. 'The quietest baby you've ever met'.  It always cracks me up that the babies in these shows never need feeding or changing or require any interaction whatsoever from anyone.  No one ever picks them up or talks to them or acknowledges them. They just lay there like they are unable to make a peep or move.

and this:

This. I agree.  I worry that Bitsie Tulloch's previous cosmetic surgery + Botox kept her face in a tight, unmoveable condition, which made it difficult to show nuanced emotions. I remember watching an interview with the actor John Ritter's wife Amy Yasbeck right after he unexpectedly died.  The lovely actress had had so much Botox (I assume), that even though she was saying how shocked and sad she was over his sudden death, her face never registered a thing.  I'm pretty sure Amy discontinued the Botox after seeing herself in that film clip and in later interviews was able to show much more facial movement and grief, especially while discussing her multi-million dollar lawsuits against the hospitals and doctors that misdiagnosed his heart ailment. 

The bold means that Kelly and Marie had other Grimm relatives and yet they chose to keep Nick in the dark his entire life!  Why?  If Kelly, Marie, Nick and Trubel are all descendents of the original Grimm it would have meant they were 99.99% likely to be a Grimm!  Okay, Uncle George is not a Grimm that we know of, but he grew up with Kelly and Marie.

47 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

The bold means that Kelly and Marie had other Grimm relatives and yet they chose to keep Nick in the dark his entire life!  Why?  If Kelly, Marie, Nick and Trubel are all descendents of the original Grimm it would have meant they were 99.99% likely to be a Grimm!  Okay, Uncle George is not a Grimm that we know of, but he grew up with Kelly and Marie.

I think the plot line was necessary because otherwise the show would have had to be "Grimms" and Nick wouldn't have been almost destroying the world each week because he doesn't know what he was doing.  After all, if Nick, Trubel, and two ghost-grimms could defeat the destroyer of worlds in a minute or two there wouldn't have been much suspense with a whole line of them.

• Love 1

I think Nick's seeing his mother and aunt was some sort of stick induced magic mojo that was happening specifically to Nick. Trubel's not seeing them wasn't due to her being any kind of less-than-Grimm, just that he had kickstarted some sorta something by his stick usage and she wasn't part of it. Or Nick's actually both a Grimm and schizophrenic and they were plain ole hallucinations.

3 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I think the plot line was necessary because otherwise the show would have had to be "Grimms" and Nick wouldn't have been almost destroying the world each week because he doesn't know what he was doing.  After all, if Nick, Trubel, and two ghost-grimms could defeat the destroyer of worlds in a minute or two there wouldn't have been much suspense with a whole line of them.

I disagree.  Nick had the book of Grimm's found last year when Monroe's Uncle died and Trubel asked if she was in it!  All Nick had to do was read the book to scope out his linage and would have discovered his connection to Truble and the rest of his never mentioned family members.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Wesen could see that Trubel was a grimm and she could see them woge the same way Nick could so as far as I was concerned, she was as real and true a grimm as Nick.

Is there something I missed about her not being a "real" grimm?

9 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

If by her "not a true Grimm" you mean "poor writing" then yes.

Exactly.   She was "full" Grimm when the PLOTTTTT!!!! required but not full Grimm when it didn't.

• Love 1

"Alright, give him the stick.  DON'T give him the stick!" - LOL!

I'm content with the ending.  If there's ever a possibility for a movie in the distant future, then at least the cast can return.

On 4/3/2017 at 4:02 PM, icewolf said:

I get that showrunners wanted to do something new with the human girlfriend thing, but they practically character assassinated her. You can't have a character do horrible stuff like that and expect the audience to want her to stick around.

Then again, long before they had Juliette turn evil, her character was the most annoying thing about the show. My earliest recollection was when she was cowering in her house as she saw the floors and walls change, but even before that, she was practically useless and Nick's devotion to her was inexplicable. There was a strange bit (maybe around the beginning of season 3?) where Juliette was normal, helped The Gang and actually I started to like her. But that didn't last long.

From a writing perspective, this show was about as puzzling as they come. It clearly created an enjoyable world and characters viewers liked (Monroe and Rosealee, especially), and at the same time botched so many things. It's almost like there were several really good writers and then an idiot or two who kept screwing it all up. That ep near the end, about wesen dementia, was outstanding. Where was that throughout the run?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Ottis said:

Then again, long before they had Juliette turn evil, her character was the most annoying thing about the show. My earliest recollection was when she was cowering in her house as she saw the floors and walls change, but even before that, she was practically useless and Nick's devotion to her was inexplicable. There was a strange bit (maybe around the beginning of season 3?) where Juliette was normal, helped The Gang and actually I started to like her. But that didn't last long.

From a writing perspective, this show was about as puzzling as they come. It clearly created an enjoyable world and characters viewers liked (Monroe and Rosealee, especially), and at the same time botched so many things. It's almost like there were several really good writers and then an idiot or two who kept screwing it all up. That ep near the end, about wesen dementia, was outstanding. Where was that throughout the run?

I found Juliette to be annoying from day one and it did not help that Adalind and Rosalie managed to grab my attention.

• Love 3

Yes, show, I really wanted the agony of watching pregnant Rosalie die a gruesome death (along with everyone else) just to have it all erased at the end. Yep... that's good writing, right there.

You could say I hated this ending, but I'm not sure that's strong enough to express how I feel. I don't mind killing off characters in a series--I'm a big fan of GoT, TWD, etc.--but if there are stakes, make them real. If not, don't make us suffer like that. It's cold to play with your loyal audience like that, and if this hadn't been the finale, I would've been done.

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Ottis said:

There was a strange bit (maybe around the beginning of season 3?) where Juliette was normal, helped The Gang and actually I started to like her. But that didn't last long.

I had always been lukewarm towards Juliette but this is when I started to like her character. She was interested and integral to the group when she accepted the reality of Wesen. The writers and as well as the actress since from my understanding she wanted something more interesting for her character made a huge mistake when they wrote her as what I'm sure that they felt was badass but was in actuality deplorable. Also I hated Adalind consistently from her first interaction with Nick but I feel that my tolerance of her came from wanting Nick to have his happy ending and it was clearly Adalind and not Juliette.

4 hours ago, Nutjob said:

You could say I hated this ending, but I'm not sure that's strong enough to express how I feel. I don't mind killing off characters in a series--I'm a big fan of GoT, TWD, etc.--but if there are stakes, make them real. If not, don't make us suffer like that. It's cold to play with your loyal audience like that, and if this hadn't been the finale, I would've been done.

Word to this. I hate when I love and follow a show and the finale sucks so hard that it's painful to rewatch. As I stated before, House so much :(

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 1

I still think having green eyed dude and wesens from his world coming out of mirrors would have been an epic way to start s6 and folks freaking out.  What was the point of uber special snowflake Diana and JulietteEve having all of these powers if they're not the ones that sacrifice themselves for humanity in the end?!

• Love 3
(edited)

Normally, I’d try to post a sensible response but this deserves merely random commenting…

*Crappy fanfic writers could have done a better job plotting the past three seasons.  Luckyroll3, I agree…should have been easy to tie Black Claw into this mundane ending.

*Even from S1, this show has always had more potential than it ever achieved.   Throughout its run, there were so many elements that were so strong, and so many cool mythic ideas stillborn, that I think I am more annoyed than I should be.  If it had just been crap from beginning to end and all around, I’d have shrugged and moved on.

*The one stupid finale plot for me was how long it took the gang to realize the demon was tracking Nick and the stick.

*The actors (well, most of ‘em) consistently made the very best of bad material.  Like, Roiz made that brief moment of reflection and regret from Renard almost close that book and erase all that crap to the point where I can almost imagine him hanging out with Nick at a family holiday event.

*If someone bothered to collect every single Black Claw scene, even scenes when they are only mentioned, in order to retcon a cohesive series bible for them, even in hindsight nothing would make sense.  :D

*My fanwank of the finale ending:  Once the stick was “whole” it has super-duper powers, and can intuitively fix one’s problems.  And might even have a mind of its own, but borrows from the wielder.  Sort of like the One Ring in LOTR.  It will play an active role in finding a user, and even try to use its wearers to reach Sauron, but the one wearing the ring can use its powers to achieve things too.  So the stick wants to recreate what Nick wants.

Edited by kminfinity
  • Love 2

This one didn't work well for a rewatch for me. I found myself so angry, again, at Nick's insistence that he give Zoerster the stick so that he can get his friends back. With both his mom and aunt warning him about how it would doom the whole world- and Trubel going to the mat for it. 

Yet, he ignores them...because it's all about bringing back the ones he loves.

i can only imagjne the reaction at their "resurrection" - especially from Monroe . "Dude! WTF ! My family, and everyone else, gave their lives to try to prevent this from happening. And now , you bring us back so that we can live in Hell with you? Thanks a lot, Moron!"

• Love 5

Nick was suddenly in his mother's shoes with a dead husband and BFF.  So, I could see him wanting to hold onto the people that he loves and if that meant turning over the "stick" so be it.  However, at least we got see him actually grieve in real time over each dead body.  

Rosalie was pregnant after the election in May 2016 and here it is March 24, 2017 and she has NOT had the triplets?!

I worry that Bitsie Tulloch's previous cosmetic surgery + Botox kept her face in a tight, unmoveable condition, which made it difficult to show nuanced emotions.

If they ever need anyone to portray Ivanka Trump, Bitsie's that gal for the job! Ivanka's got a stone-face, too.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Rosalie was pregnant after the election in May 2016 and here it is March 24, 2017 and she has NOT had the triplets?!

Standard Grimm pregnancy math. I think we figured out at a certain point that the Kelly pregnancy was either 6 months or 15 depending on how one interpreted a particular timejump or lackthereof. They really needed to stop assuming airdate=in-show date since they could've made it make more sense by having less time passed on the show. But if they failed to do it a year ago, no shock to me they failed to do it for the end. Or perhaps, if there weren't any date specific dialogue, maybe that election was supposed to be happening in November? Who knows. Certainly not the writers.

(yada yada obligatory "or Fuchsbau Blutbat hybrid gestation is very different than humans")

2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Standard Grimm pregnancy math. I think we figured out at a certain point that the Kelly pregnancy was either 6 months or 15 depending on how one interpreted a particular timejump or lackthereof. They really needed to stop assuming airdate=in-show date since they could've made it make more sense by having less time passed on the show. But if they failed to do it a year ago, no shock to me they failed to do it for the end. Or perhaps, if there weren't any date specific dialogue, maybe that election was supposed to be happening in November? Who knows. Certainly not the writers.

(yada yada obligatory "or Fuchsbau Blutbat hybrid gestation is very different than humans")

It would have been more dramatic if Rosalie was giving birth during the last 13 episodes.

On 4/4/2017 at 9:31 PM, theatremouse said:

Or Nick's actually both a Grimm and schizophrenic and they were plain ole hallucinations.

Robot Diana was able to see it, though, so if it was hallucinations only, she had the same effect. I think we were supposed to think they were real ghosts, like Meisner, who warned/haunted Sean in that episode earlier this season.

(edited)

Best part about finishing the series finale?

I NEVER have to watch any more scenes with that creepy Diana actress. What an AWFUL child actress.

Another reason why I consider the first three seasons of Grimm to be the golden years, and the ones that I will rewatch in the future.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 2

Sooo...  Nick is a Grim.  Adeline is a Hexenbeast.  Diana was a mix of Hexenbeast and Reinardbeast.  Kelly was half Grimm and half Hexenbeast...  

What couldn't figure out is why they were merrily off "to kill vessen" as a family.  First, you only have one and a half Grimms in the group, the rest are... well... vessen.  We know all vessen are not bad, actually very few seemed to be bad.  So what gives?  I HATED the writing choice at that moment.  (I have not re-watched, maybe I missed something?)

Seemed an odd choice of send off.  At least hot/grown Diana had a sense of humor and a personality.

And lastly, for god sakes Kelly, transpose the Grimm notes to a tablet.  At least use a ball point pen...

I'm wondering what the world is like 20 years in the future with regards to Wesen? My thought about the family going out "hunting " together is that they are going out to kill the evil Wesen that are threatening the innocent ones.

Wasnt there a computer behind Kelly that showed a picture of a Wesen? I can't remember what kind he was, but it immediately brought to mind the Troll Wesen who preyed on the Eisbeiebers. 

Maybe Nick's family and Monroes family operate some sort of business together?

or, maybe, Alexander somehow "resurrects" some sort of (more enlightened) Council, whereby he may assign Nick and his family certain cases of certain Wesen that have to be brought down.

In any case, I agree the writing was pretty poor with the "let's kill some Wesen", but I always pictured that they did it as some sort of "protectors" of the more vulnerable Wesen. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, neuromom said:

In any case, I agree the writing was pretty poor with the "let's kill some Wesen", but I always pictured that they did it as some sort of "protectors" of the more vulnerable Wesen. 

This can be shortened to "I agree the writing was pretty poor".

• Love 1
On 4/2/2017 at 1:14 PM, Kimmel77 said:

Fair enough. But I don't share the same enthusiasm for a continuation, two reasons, 1) There isn't much story left 2) The show failed to state what makes a Grimm special.

And what story that they could have potentially told in their finale season was ridiculously botched with the inclusion of the asinine Black Claw and Zerstorer plot.

• Love 1
On 4/10/2017 at 4:11 PM, ChipBach said:

And lastly, for god sakes Kelly, transpose the Grimm notes to a tablet.  At least use a ball point pen...

The best long term storage media is acid-free paper. The National Archives is facing many issues preserving electronic media in a form that will be readable in future decades; equipment, software, knowledge to use them...

• Love 5
On 4/1/2017 at 2:19 PM, DeeDee79 said:

Awesome idea! He could have done this before he fought Zerstorer * snicker*

Even better they could have been introduced last season which could have been an interesting story arc. If the Zerstorer encounters had started immediately after Nick had gotten the stick it would have made more sense and it would have possibly brought Renard back over to their side when they realized the threat to Diana without turning him into an outright villain.

Heck, yes!  Renard only took BC's offer because they dumped Diana in his lap.  However, Renard never once told Nick that he changed his mind and wanted his kid back.

They just had to follow thru with the Diana is the all powerful Vesen, who could be great or evil storyline.Then they had to keep the keys and what was found in the box storyline. The end result being what we got. Yuck. 

I did enjoy the back to the beginning feel of the last couple episodes- the cabin, how they all met, Wu's snarky comments, etc.  but the rest, just yuck. 

Adalind and Nick had chemistry at the beginning. If they had just gotten rid of Juliet before the Adalind-Juliet switch, we all could have rolled with the Nick- Adalind pairing. Then on top of that, they had to reduce Adalind to cameo Mommy appearances. The chemistry disappeared. 

And the ending scene- leave Diana out of the trailer. She belongs on the Renardside. Make it 30 years, and throw in a reference to a 2nd generation Wu and Hank. 

Diana is crazy super magic girl who could see the magic symbols and stuff, so no surprise that she'd see something others couldn't.

For Nick, pick from the following guesses:

He had the stick.

They're much closer relations to him than TRuble.

Nick's Zombie Grimm powers that get mentioned every now and then

On 4/1/2017 at 12:25 AM, jhlipton said:

"We need the blood of a Grimm.  Too bad there's not one already at the cabin!"

Just finished this show on Amazon Prime not long ago, and that bugged me too. I was like, "Did everyone just suddenly forget that Trubel's a grimm?" 

• Love 1