Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: The End

As soon as Hank and Wu died I knew we were getting a time-travel or redo of some sort, Grimm Producers don't have the balls to go through with any significant deaths to the main cast. Though, cos it is the end, thought they might be more bold and go all out.

Not sure how the skull guy thing was resolved or why  we even saw the events we did. It was a lacklustre end to the show for me, and it was creepy seeing Dianna eye up her suitor several times.

Seeing Nick & Adaline together highlighted just how wrong their union is, I just can't get on board with what they have been through and how they are together at this stage. It also detracts from the whole character Adalind once was. I know see her as a baby machine and forget what a formidable menace she could be. Shame really.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Proteus said:

Im sorry but I just think it's wrong that Nick ended up with Adalind and not Juliette. I'm just glad she at least lived.

All and all, I was disappointed. 

I always liked Nick and Juliette together, and I preferred Adalind as the nemesis. 

16 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

At the end I almost expected Nick to say, "And you were dead, Hank. And you were dead, Monroe. And, oh, Adalind, there's no place like home!"

Yes, exactly. I was kind of expecting a complete time warp, all the way back to the beginning of the series.

13 hours ago, Slovenly Muse said:

And, hey... not that I expect much more from Grimm, but... did anyone else think it was a bit icky that the minority characters were killed first, and then almost completely excluded from the finale?

No.

This show went downhill once they introduced Trubel -- a completely useless and unnecessay character that took the focus off the "real" Grimm, and played by a terrible actress.

The epilogue was nice, but Diana's blood lust to kill Wesen was a little unsettling. I guess she never really outgrew her childhood sociopathic tendencies. 

I think what I'll miss most of all is how every thread about "Grimm" had to mention rape.

• Love 2

This show went downhill once they introduced Trubel -- a completely useless and unnecessay character that took the focus off the "real" Grimm, and played by a terrible actress.

I will never understand the hate Trubel gets. She was barely on the show outside of season 5, and Nick was always the main Grimm that did everything important. Besides, Nick was never the Chosen One, there have always been other Grimms so he wasn't suppose to be like the Slayer or anything and even Buffy introduced a second slayer in the season 3.

Now Juliette and Adalind were the ones that really felt unnecessary, the writers didn't know that to do with those characters after season one and their storylines suffered badly. Claire Coffee at least never disappointed in the acting the department, while Bitsie's acting was never good enough for what the writers gave her and she never rose above wooden.

I was hoping Nick would fall for a normal woman with zero baggage after Juliette's death. Nick didn't have to "settle" for Adalind or Juliette, he was way better than either of them.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Is Kelly only a grimm or is there any biest in him? I was wondering  how come Diana didn't woge, she still had the glowing eyes.

I wanted to know this as well.  What kind of a being is Kelly exactly?  Is he a partial Zauberbiest (like Renard) but also a Grimm?  Having that extra little punch of strength from being a 'biest might really help boost his Grimm abilities.  Would have liked to see this but they probably didn't have the time or wherewithal to film a whole episode devoted to the Kelly/Diana/Triplets.  But I wish they could have.  *cries*

I'd like to know if Diana is a Hexenbiest exactly or does she just have the powers she has already displayed plus glowing purple eyes?  They only showed her with glowing eyes as an adult, not woging.

Wanted to see the Triplets so bad but that would have required casting three more actors.  Maybe they thought we'd be happy enough with our imaginations.

16 hours ago, icewolf said:

Very relieved to see them not ruin the scene by showing the main characters older, old age makeup tends to be terrible.

Yes, too bad we couldn't see Nick, Monroe, and Rosalee especially, but the old age makeup probably would not have worked well.

So - what brought Mom-Kelly and Aunt Marie there to help Nick?  I mean, it was great that they came but I would have liked to see an explanation for the magic that allowed that to happen, more explanation than just "you needed us and we heard you."

I could buy that Diana was under Skeletor's thrall, particularly since we had that "prediction" a couple seasons back that Diana could be a great force for good or for evil depending on how she was raised (or something to that effect).  Even though that was really just a dropped plot with no continuity behind it on the writers' part, I could buy that Skeletor getting ahold of Diana would push her toward evil.

It's too bad the "keys" plot was dropped for so long.  Rewatched the pilot episode today (feeling a little nostalgia for my flawed, cancelled, yet also beloved little show) and saw Aunt Marie give Nick a key.  They tried to address it at the very end but it was so clumsy.  So much could have been done so much better.  I don't expect it to be a perfect show, but SO many dropped plots.

Anyway, I didn't really enjoy "The End."  Partly because I'm sad to see it go despite its flaws (I loved some of these characters), partly because I didn't like to see Monroe die even though I was sure it would be reversed, and mostly because it was a super stupid, cobbled together big bad that had no continuity with anything that had gone before.  (Black Claw should have been a plot that went into the wastebasket before it could get on screen IMO).  Also because no Triplets.  But at least everyone ended up alive, Nick is happy, the kids will all know each other and carry on the work, etc.  At least they didn't try to go all scorched-earth and kill everyone off permanently.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, icewolf said:

I will never understand the hate Trubel gets. She was barely on the show outside of season 5, and Nick was always the main Grimm that did everything important. Besides, Nick was never the Chosen One, there have always been other Grimms so he wasn't suppose to be like the Slayer or anything and even Buffy introduced a second slayer in the season 3.

Now Juliette and Adalind were the ones that really felt unnecessary, the writers didn't know that to do with those characters after season one and their storylines suffered badly. Claire Coffee at least never disappointed in the acting the department, while Bitsie's acting was never good enough for what the writers gave her and she never rose above wooden.

I was hoping Nick would fall for a normal woman with zero baggage after Juliette's death. Nick didn't have to "settle" for Adalind or Juliette, he was way better than either of them.

The introduction of Josh and his father is an additional indication that there are Grimms everywhere. 

If the show felt like Nick needed to be in a relationship and the choices were between Juliette and Adalind, I'm always going to choose Adalind because Claire Coffee can act. I don't love or even like how they got together. However, the showrunners felt strongly that Nick needed to be in a relationship and Claire was up to the task in a way that Bitsie never could be.

• Love 8

Okay, I'll admit that I was in a bad mood during this episode which started when NBC showed a preview for a new show for 2 minutes before starting the episode.  I was very surprised that Nick could not revive Wu and Hank as I thought for sure Nick would have been able to heal them with the stick.  Anyway, once the bodies started dropping the show turned into a comedy for me.  I think they wanted me to mourn the deaths (and I actually was sad when Monroe died) but instead the deaths just seemed so ridiculous and almost slapstick in nature.  I still don't understand how everything reverted back to normal which is why I am not a fan of time travel shows.

However, having said all that, I loved the ending with the techno grimmebago and Kelly and Diana about to have adventures with the triplets.  I would love a spin-off of the next generation.  Hey, Star Trek did it, why can't Grimm?

• Love 2

Yes, I would agree that the "deaths" were not well done and almost came off like slapstick.  I felt bad about Monroe, and when Wu and Hank died in the previous episode I was shocked until I figured out there would probably be a reversal, but they were all kind of badly portrayed just in terms of CGI and acting.  It was almost like the way death is portrayed in comedies, where the victim cries "Ugh!" and falls over.

We never really got much of an explanation for the "stick," did we?  What were its motivations?  Why couldn't it go into the mirror world?

• Love 5

I really enjoyed it. The last six episodes or so seemed to be more of a shout out to the fans. Did think that Eve's death scene was possibly the worst I have ever watched (then again, I have never seen an Ed Wood movie). Perhaps Bitsie (Elizabeth now?) should finally realize that she is completely untalented as an actress, and it's her portrayal that turned our heroine into a whiny, frozen cardboard figure. Perhaps she should try going into producing or something that doesn't involve actually appearing in front of a camera.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

Did think that Eve's death scene was possibly the worst I have ever watched (then again, I have never seen an Ed Wood movie).

It's truly amazing how her expression never changes no matter what the circumstances are.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Awesome idea! He could have done this before he fought Zerstorer * snicker*

Even better they could have been introduced last season which could have been an interesting story arc. If the Zerstorer encounters had started immediately after Nick had gotten the stick it would have made more sense and it would have possibly brought Renard back over to their side when they realized the threat to Diana without turning him into an outright villain.

Renard should have been running a long con on Rachel once he realized Bonaparte had his kid and clued in Nick, Hank and Wu.  It made zero sense that uber powerful Diana would just stay with Bonaparte and NOT kill his ass for holding her hostage.

6 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I always liked Nick and Juliette together, and I preferred Adalind as the nemesis. 

Yes, exactly. I was kind of expecting a complete time warp, all the way back to the beginning of the series.

No.

The epilogue was nice, but Diana's blood lust to kill Wesen was a little unsettling. I guess she never really outgrew her childhood sociopathic tendencies. 

I think what I'll miss most of all is how every thread about "Grimm" had to mention rape.

It pissed me off that the lead character was wallpaper after JulietteEve, Diana, Adalind and Trubel.  We never needed Trubel or not dead JulietteEve.

5 hours ago, icewolf said:

Trubel was way too much like Buffy's dumb sister that showed up on the show.  A not needed character that took story and scenes away from Nick, Bud, Renard, Hank, Wu, Adalind,  Monroe and Rosalie.  I find Trubel and Juliette two characters that should have died after their initial scenes or not existed at all! 

5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The introduction of Josh and his father is an additional indication that there are Grimms everywhere. 

If the show felt like Nick needed to be in a relationship and the choices were between Juliette and Adalind, I'm always going to choose Adalind because Claire Coffee can act. I don't love or even like how they got together. However, the showrunners felt strongly that Nick needed to be in a relationship and Claire was up to the task in a way that Bitsie never could be.

Roland died and Josh never became a Grimm.    I hated that the show turned Juliette into a hexenbiest and the show focused way too much on a character that should have died back in s4.

• Love 3

When the character, whose last name I pronounce True-bell (that's what it would be sounded out) said, "They call me Trouble," I was out.  That was just too much awfulness, especially after Adalind and Renard and the Russian mafia ate the show.  I peeked in this season to see how it ended.  Really ticked off at Nick smashing up the spice shop.  I bet he blames it on Skull Guy.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Darklazr said:

It made zero sense that uber powerful Diana would just stay with Bonaparte and NOT kill his ass for holding her hostage.

Yes! She tortured the guy that kidnapped her for revenge against Renard with minimal effort. She could have easily retaliated for his treatment of her and Adalind since she seems hardwired to take out any threats towards her mother. I'm fairly certain that while Renard looked the other way when Bonaparte was hurting Adalind it would have been a different story if he purposely tried to hurt Diana. But again this would have been consistent writing for her character based on her previous behavior and therefore not convenient for the events that the writers wanted to play out.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Yes! She tortured the guy that kidnapped her for revenge against Renard with minimal effort. She could have easily retaliated for his treatment of her and Adalind since she seems hardwired to take out any threats towards her mother. I'm fairly certain that while Renard looked the other way when Bonaparte was hurting Adalind it would have been a different story if he purposely tried to hurt Diana. But again this would have been consistent writing for her character based on her previous behavior and therefore not convenient for the events that the writers wanted to play out.

I don't buy Renard allowing Bonaparte to hurt the mother of his kid, especially since he was pissed at them setting up Dixon to be killed and Rachel making a fool out of him.  I still think it would have been in character for Renard to run a long con to get info on BC and slip it to Nick, Hank and Wu.  Up next, Renard would have made plans with Adalind for them to escape from Bonaparte and his henchmen once BC was wiped out.

• Love 3
On 3/31/2017 at 6:53 PM, chrisvee said:

Diana was...bizarre. She watched her parents die with no emotion. She and Kelly 'liked' Zerstorer. It's like she was a sociopath in training. Her entire character makes no sense to me.

So after I watched it, I came to the conclusion that they'd been doing a misdirect on Diana and the purple eyes all along. They wanted us to think she was children of the corn, but last night they made me think what she actually has is short-term future vision. Not like full blown psychic but sees sort of snippets of what's about to happen. That made her whole "he's coming" thing make sense to me AND made her sudden calm make sense. If she knew what she and Nick were about to do, that's why she was suddenly chill, because it was pieces falling into place. And also why she and Nick remembered what happened. 

Consequently, hearing the whole "thrall" explanation from the interview bums me out because I was all ready to give them credit for a sort of interesting switch in Diana's nature. 

Juliette's "I regret nothing" really pissed me off as she said it to a guy whose mother she murdered.

The only moment of this I enjoyed was Adalind's axe to the chest (not because I had any particular desire for her to have a violent death but) because it was the only moment I thought the show might really be going there. Then the subsequent Monroe and Rosalee deaths were underwhelming by comparison, and basically within about five minutes I knew they were definitely going to some sort of time reversal magical undo of whatevers, which I found entirely unsatisfying, including the Deus ex Machina.

Also thought it was oddly phrased that Diana would be literally all "let's go kill some wesen" and then say "the triplets are coming" in the same breath since the triplets ARE wesen. So I think I might land in the assumption grown-up Diana is still maybe kinda tinge sociopath.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Also thought it was oddly phrased that Diana would be literally all "let's go kill some wesen" and then say "the triplets are coming" in the same breath since the triplets ARE wesen. So I think I might land in the assumption grown-up Diana is still maybe kinda tinge sociopath.

I thought it was odd phrasing, too, with the inclusion of the triplets.  Even though Monroe and Rosalee were loyal friends to Nick, and good soldiers, they were also always careful to retain loyalties to wesen culture and customs when possible.  Even if the recent episode with the nursing home doctor who helped demented wesen die, they were reluctant to tell what they knew/jeopardize the whole thing.  So I find it hard to believe they raised their kids to go out a-hunting with the Grimm/hexie crew. 

Something I wondered about with the 20 years in the future -- by then Hank and Wu would probably be retired from the force.  I wonder if they ever married or had long-term relationships with people who were completely in the dark, or if one or both of them possibly got with wesen (like Hank unsuccessfully did that one time), or if they remained single because of the dangers.  That interests me but it would have been hard to tie that up in a bow in the finale. 

2 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

I am really going to miss all of the awesome comments whether we agreed or not!  Grimmsters, rule!

Me too.  It's been fun.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I love Wu, but I couldn't believe that Nick tried to heal Wu before he tried to heal Hank.

That really pissed me off. My fanwank is that if it did something sketchy to Wu he didn't want that to happen to Hank. It's not a good fanwank, but it's all I got

• Love 3
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

That really pissed me off. My fanwank is that if it did something sketchy to Wu he didn't want that to happen to Hank. It's not a good fanwank, but it's all I got

It upset me too @catrox14.  I get that Wu is now one of the group but Hank has been Nick's ally from the beginning. I expected him to rush over to him first to resurrect him but my fanwank is that he chose Wu because he was right next to him when he came to.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Something I wondered about with the 20 years in the future -- by then Hank and Wu would probably be retired from the force.

Not necessarily. I don't think we were even given everyone's age but if they were mid to late 30's as I assume Nick is as well they would only be in their 50's which wouldn't put them at retirement age. Look at Cpt Cragen from SVU; I don't know the actor's age but he definitely looked over 50 when he was still going out in the field for the occasional case.

• Love 1

In some ways this was the most fitting ending possible for the series. Ultimately, this show was a great monster/case of the week series that had great characters/cast and great moments between them, that tended to fall flat on its face when they tried to do ongoing story/myth arcs.

I did enjoy the episode overall, and, while I assumed that the kids were under Skull dude's thrall, the show did a crappy job of making it clear.

I always assumed that TRuble was going to be a closer relative to Nick than a 3rd cousin, I kept waiting for Mama Grimm to tell Nick that he had to watch out for his sister, and Nick to have that Star Wars moment of recognition.

Mama Grimm and Aunt Marie showing up made no damn sense but was awesome.

• Love 4
(edited)

Even the strongest acids are kept in glass bottles. The kind of bowl used to mix it in was probably stated in the instructions. 

The potion was in a brown bowl so I'm pretty sure it was wooden. I guess part of the potion's magical power was that it would eat through organic matter like Skeletor but not wood? And metal spoons (which is why it made no sense that they wanted to dip the bullets in the potion).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
13 hours ago, Kimmel77 said:

As soon as Hank and Wu died I knew we were getting a time-travel or redo of some sort, Grimm Producers don't have the balls to go through with any significant deaths to the main cast. Though, cos it is the end, thought they might be more bold and go all out.

I'm hoping for a continuation on Netflix like they did with Longmire...or maybe a sequel with the next generation.  Either way, remember that they have completed six seasons and can go into syndication.  Grimm and royalties for the cast forever.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Not necessarily. I don't think we were even given everyone's age but if they were mid to late 30's as I assume Nick is as well they would only be in their 50's which wouldn't put them at retirement age. Look at Cpt Cragen from SVU; I don't know the actor's age but he definitely looked over 50 when he was still going out in the field for the occasional case.

Yeah, you're right not necessarily, I pegged Hank and Nick at late thirties/early forties, Wu maybe a little younger.  In my neck of the woods, cops aim to retire as early as they can (danger and all), which is can be at age 50 after twenty years' service.  Maybe Hank and Wu, Nick and Renard would stay past that just to keep on doing their Wesen containment the way they have been. 

• Love 1

Nick is Captain so he can spend his days on the phone with his shirt off so he can better balance the human and wesen worlds.   Hank is an assistant chief.   Wu is the Chief of Detectives so he can manage who gets the "weird even for Portland" cases.   Wu find a nice human girl to marry.   Hank married that jaguar lady from a couple seasons ago.    After Black Claw and Zeroastoer, he realized seeing her mouth all bloody after a kill wasn't a big deal.    Monroe helped her go vegetarian, anyway.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Nick is Captain so he can spend his days on the phone with his shirt off so he can better balance the human and wesen worlds.   Hank is an assistant chief.   Wu is the Chief of Detectives so he can manage who gets the "weird even for Portland" cases.   Wu find a nice human girl to marry.   Hank married that jaguar lady from a couple seasons ago.    After Black Claw and Zeroastoer, he realized seeing her mouth all bloody after a kill wasn't a big deal.    Monroe helped her go vegetarian, anyway.

I thought the jaguar lady ended up being a Black Claw member so I guess now she is "gone."  The BC and Royals/Resistance were such clunky plots that should never have made it to the screen.  Even the Skeletor plot was introduced too late to be of any use.

So what will Juliette do with her Hexenbiest self to give her purpose?  Maybe she starts a new Hadrian's Wall.

• Love 2

Some thoughts on the stick. Only Nick and Diana were able to touch it without being hurt. I wonder if the same applies to the staff ? Because Kelly was holding the staff without issue in that future forward ?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

I thought the jaguar lady ended up being a Black Claw member so I guess now she is "gone."  The BC and Royals/Resistance were such clunky plots that should never have made it to the screen.  Even the Skeletor plot was introduced too late to be of any use.

So what will Juliette do with her Hexenbiest self to give her purpose?  Maybe she starts a new Hadrian's Wall.

Jaguar lady was tortured by HW and is probably dead.  She set Hank up and let's hope he has more respect than Renard after he continued sleeping with Rachel!

Juliette had no regrets after setting up Momma Grimm and the neighbors to be slaughtered, burned down the Grimmabago and tried to kill Monroe.  She should be dead!

10 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Wu loves his cat!

11 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I'm hoping for a continuation on Netflix like they did with Longmire...or maybe a sequel with the next generation.  Either way, remember that they have completed six seasons and can go into syndication.  Grimm and royalties for the cast forever.

The show should have never aged Diana and then the focus could be on an ensemble group in their late teens and early twenties.   I vote for Netflix to do a 13 episode arc that starts in 2037 with cameos by Nick, Hank, Wu, Renard, Adalind, Monroe and Rosalie as they set up the next generation.

In the alternate world the show should have kept Kelly and Marie alive.   I really enjoyed the dynamic between Kate Burton and MEM as sister Grimm's!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Blue Plastic said:

Well, Auntie Juliette wasn't included in the posse that Diana mentioned on the way out of the Grimmbago.  Maybe she uses her veterinary skills and joins forces with Rosalee in making potions and such.  And contributes Hexenbiest blood when the need arises. 

Come to think of it, if Wu pairs off with anybody, there is the little matter of his having that disorder from being scratched by the lycanthrope.  Maybe Juliette can work on that, too.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/1/2017 at 2:26 PM, tennisgurl said:

The main thing that bugs me about this is how pointless it shows how most everything was. Dark Claw? The royals vs resistance stuff? Renard turning good or evil every five minutes? All turned out to be pointless. We could have cut out just about all of that, and missed nothing leading to this ending.

They terribly botched the character of Renard.  They could never figure out if they wanted him to be good or evil, he was like a yo-yo.  They did the same thing with Adalind, she was terrific as the evil vixen, then they turned her into this damsel in distress, and it wrecked the character.  They did it again with Juliette.  They spent three seasons putting her on the outside, then not fully accepting Nick as a Grimm.  Then lo and behold, she is totally on board and it's great.  So what do they do?  They introduce the whole Adalind "rapes" Nick scene (which never bothered me, btw) so that Juliette could irrationally hate Nick, turn her into a hexenbiest, have her kill his mom and trash his grimmebago.  Then they kill her and bring her back to life as Robot Eve.  Sheesh.

On 4/2/2017 at 7:36 AM, Darklazr said:

The show should have never aged Diana and then the focus could be on an ensemble group in their late teens and early twenties.   I vote for Netflix to do a 13 episode arc that starts in 2037 with cameos by Nick, Hank, Wu, Renard, Adalind, Monroe and Rosalie as they set up the next generation.

They did what shows with babies have done for years, age the babies overnight so that they can get a kid who can talk and they can write around.  Except those other shows conveniently don't mention how the baby is suddenly six years old.  Diana didn't look that much older than Kelly in the final scene, just a couple of years like she really was chronologically.  In my fan head I would say that the age jump didn't cause her to "miss" all those childhood years (I mean who would want to be 20 and already be almost hitting their 30s on the biological clock, that would suck).  I think she just stalled at nine years old or whatever and didn't age anymore until the clock caught up, and then she aged normally after that.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Babalooie said:

Fair enough. But I don't share the same enthusiasm for a continuation, two reasons, 1) There isn't much story left 2) The show failed to state what makes a Grimm special.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Kimmel77 said:

Fair enough. But I don't share the same enthusiasm for a continuation, two reasons, 1) There isn't much story left 2) The show failed to state what makes a Grimm special.

1) In the right hands with new writers that love the show and have an investment in utilizing hundreds of fairytale stories, I could see the show going on for at least five more years.  2) A lot of story could be mined from the 2017 ending up to where we see the teens in 2037 and then the younger generation carries the torch.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 2
(edited)

That was ridiculous. Everyone dies, and you know they won't stay dead, so a big waste of time. And then ghost mom and aunt show up? What? And somehow two visible Grimms, and two ghost Grimms, beat the thing that has beaten everyone easily so far? Because... they are related? And then when Nick returns and no one is dead,  he doesn't explain to them what happened? And Truble doesn't remember it or know what happened, even though Nick and Diana do?  I can think of about 5 better ways to end the series. 

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was really expecting the writers to kill Adalind and leave her dead, not because I hate her but because she was the most expendable out of the cast. Nick would be a single parent dad which would satisfy all the Nadaline haters, and Renard could raise creepy Diana.

In my head, I can still pretend Adalind was run over by a car and killed when buying groceries one month after Skull man was beaten. The "mom" referred to at the end would be a completely new unseen woman that Nick married.

I never expected them to kill Eve, Bistie being engaged to the lead actor and all that. It's a shame the writers could never figure out any interesting storylines for her.

In my head, Eve left Portland one week after Skully was beaten and was never heard from again. Since the main characters keep forgetting her crimes, they might as well completely forget about her too.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 2

I haven't read through all the posts but will say I am glad this was a happy ending. I actually like them.

With that said, the bad guy was not my cup of tea but neither was Black Claw. I also don't see the point in making Renard bad or killing Meisner. Both could have been on kill the big baddie Zeroster (sp) train from the beginning and made that whole plot more interesting. In fact, hints of Zeroster much earlier and him being an unknowing demise of Black Claw would have made a much better story than we got in the last season and a half. (Well, if the writers did a better job at doing their jobs.)

I am also a sucker for flashforwards and enjoyed seeing a grownup Kelly and Diana. I would have liked to have seen the triplets.

I think Adalind and Nick are cute together and glad they remained a couple.

• Love 5
(edited)

I enjoyed the finally. Was it rushed? Yes. They should have had the Zeroster coming to our world in like episode two of the season and then showed us his plan, etc. Instead the writers tried to do a whole season in 2 episodes. 

With all of that said, I was still happy to see some familiar faces. I am also glad Nick and Adalind ended up together. I had a fear they might be doing some HIMYM crap. Glad they were more flexible with their writing. 

I hope we get some sort of a spin-off with Kelly and Diana along with the triplets. 

Edited by TwistedandBored
grammers
  • Love 4
On 4/1/2017 at 4:24 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I liked Trubel, but regarding her uselessness - if the spell needed blood from a Grimm, and Trubel is a Grimm and was already at the cabin, why did Nick (and the homing device stick) have to come to the cabin? Couldn't Trubel have stood in, saving time and the eventual appearance of Skeletor?

• Love 4

I too am disapointed they forgot some of the previous story lines and would want to know what happened with Meisner, what was happening to Diana before she returned to Portland etc

And yes, Nick would return the stick so everyone could come back. So they all can die again when the Skull guy rules the world?

(edited)
18 hours ago, icewolf said:

I was really expecting the writers to kill Adalind and leave her dead, not because I hate her but because she was the most expendable out of the cast. Nick would be a single parent dad which would satisfy all the Nadaline haters, and Renard could raise creepy Diana.

In my head, I can still pretend Adalind was run over by a car and killed when buying groceries one month after Skull man was beaten. The "mom" referred to at the end would be a completely new unseen woman that Nick married.

I never expected them to kill Eve, Bistie being engaged to the lead actor and all that. It's a shame the writers could never figure out any interesting storylines for her.

In my head, Eve left Portland one week after Skully was beaten and was never heard from again. Since the main characters keep forgetting her crimes, they might as well completely forget about her too.

There was not a snowball chance in hell that the writers were going to kill off JulietteEve and piss off their male lead.  Which is too bad for those that thought Juliette should have remained permanently dead at the end of s4.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 1

Every once in a while they showed him having super hearing. That's kind of it.

I kept expecting Nick to need to split the staff into a zillion pieces again and separate and bury/hide/rekey them after, but I guess he just decided his family are good peeps, so they can use that power and not be horrible about it? Or once dude was destroyed it was still powerful but no longer potentially evil and world destroying? The problem wasn't the thing itself just what an all evil being would choose to do with it combined with his own existing other power? Because it felt a little weird to me they still had it in the future like they just got the ultimate weapon and kept it for themselves.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Every once in a while they showed him having super hearing. That's kind of it.

I kept expecting Nick to need to split the staff into a zillion pieces again and separate and bury/hide/rekey them after, but I guess he just decided his family are good peeps, so they can use that power and not be horrible about it? Or once dude was destroyed it was still powerful but no longer potentially evil and world destroying? The problem wasn't the thing itself just what an all evil being would choose to do with it combined with his own existing other power? Because it felt a little weird to me they still had it in the future like they just got the ultimate weapon and kept it for themselves.

My interpretation was that yes, the person wielding it could do plenty of evil, and so it seemed weird to me also that they have it in their armory in the future.  I mean, we know what happened with the original Grimmbago.  Maybe the stick buried in the Black Forest was a little better. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Darklazr said:

1) In the right hands with new writers that love the show and have an investment in utilizing hundreds of fairytale stories, I could see the show going on for at least five more years.  2) A lot of story could be mined from the 2017 ending up to where we see the teens in 2037 and then the younger generation carries the torch.

Yes, I agree that - with new writers - and the new creative direction with the descendants, the show could revive itself. But I doubt a whole new team of writers & producers would be allowed to start anew.

(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:10 AM, icemiser69 said:

Every time I see Trubel, all I see is Leather Tuscadero.

Bwahahahaha!!!!

Well I liked the finale. Was it perfect? No, but nowadays I just look for a finale to not ruin the re-watchability factor of the entire series (I'm looking at you, Lost).  It ended with a HEA like a modern fairy tale should.

I always like Adalind and Nick together so knowing that they're still going strong 20 years later and that Kelly and Diana grew up to be good people means a lot. I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see the triplets but I'm glad their family has remained close with the Burkhardts. I'd totally be up for the adventures of Grimm: The Next Generation, even if it was just in graphic novel form.

And at least the show gave me the opportunity to watch Juliette/Eve die twice....even if neither one took.

Edited by rove4
grammar
  • Love 6

Did they forget she GOT HIS MOM KILLED? I mean, no regrets? WTH, show?

I liked Juliette fine before the hexenbieste stuff but couldn't stand her after that and I thought she should have stayed dead because I didn't see any way for her to come back from killing his mother.  That being said, I interpreted that scene a little differently than that she had no regrets.  When she and Nick were the in the other dimension, they had a conversation that closed the door on their relationship and during that conversation she told him that she did horrible things that she was sorry about (although not specified, I really have to believe she was referring to Kelly).  Anyway, I felt when she told Nick "no regrets" she was telling him not to have any regrets or feel guilty about what happened to her; it was not his fault.

Otherwise, I have nothing because Juliette sure should have regrets.

• Love 6
(edited)

I will never understood why they didn't go the route of Juliette turning Wesen but basically stay the same person, no trailer burning or helping kill mom involved. I think everyone was expecting Juliette to have trouble getting through the change, but basically find a way to stay good instead of what we go.

A' Grimm being engaged to a Hexenbiest would have been an interesting twist (Juliette NOT Adalind).

I get that showrunners wanted to do something new with the human girlfriend thing, but they practically character assassinated her. You can't have a character do horrible stuff like that and expect the audience to want her to stick around.

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 4
(edited)

It just occurred to me. Zoerster wanted Nick to hand him the stick, and Nick just threw it on the ground and said "come and get it." And Baby Stick just lied there while Zoerster used Papa Stick battle everyone. Yet, when Nick got ahold of Papa Stick, Baby Stick popped in and attached itself to Papa. So what is the reason why Baby Stick didn't do that as Zoerster was runninf around with Papa Stick. 

Maybe Baby Stick has a conscience and only responded to the "good", not the "Evil". 

Well, the Stick had more of a conscience than JuliEve anyway. 

And in regards to an earlier question about whether Nick, Sean, Hank, Wu are retired 20 years down the road- in my state, police officers can retire at 50, so all of them would theoretically be retired. Or else they might be in some higher administrative staff position. My guess would be that Nick at least may have left the force at some point to be full-time Grimm.in my stay, police officers can retire at 50, so all of them with theoretically be retired. 

Also, I was half expecting Trubel to be able to see Kelly and Marie , and I expected her to turn to Marie and say "mom?" Thus making Nick and Trubel first cousins. 

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 4