Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Something They Need

halgia
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Lol!  I've been a little concerned about you lately.   But it would work.  Maybe.  Man that's nasty.

It would totally work, and perhaps more likely than some hot dog treat.  Life is nasty.  ;-)

23 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, 'fess up: You've been reading fanfiction, haven't you? Oh, wait, no you haven't, or you'd know that Rick is the "bottom."

I've never read fanfic in my life, but I've lived a long, and somewhat colorful life, so I know a li'l sumpin about a li'l sumpin.  They're ALL bottoms, given the right circumstances.  ahem ...  ;-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Really, it's time for you to start. You will see things you never dreamed possible, no matter how long you've lived. Trust me.

I'll just take your word for it, then, and eschew the fiction from fans.   My horizons are already too broad.   :-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

I'll just take your word for it, then, and eschew the fiction from fans.  :-)

Don't tell me that something like this doesn't intrigue you:

“It’s not fucking over yet baby!” Negan continues to pound inside me, his cock stabbing the organs inside my stomach “Not…….until….oh shit!” one two, three final thrusts and he stops, his seed spilling out of his throbbing member inside me.

I lean against his chest momentarily before hopping off of him completely, picking up the towel, once again wrapping it around my body

“I didn’t-”

“I’m barren” I counter with a sly smirk “So nothing to worry about” my hand twirling strands of my hair

• Love 3
20 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

You will see things you never dreamed possible, no matter how long you've lived. Trust me.

You should see Supernatural fanfic. ; ) Let's just say that sometimes Dean really loves his Baby (car)... or his angel... or his brother. (Dean is the little black dress of that fandom - he goes with just about everything). Not to say it's all that - there's some really great general stuff, too, but you have to really pay attention to the fic warnings in that fandom. Trust me.

As for the suicide pill... a rendezvous could maybe include a glass of wine or some other alcohol? It might be tricky, but that could work I suppose if Sasha could get the pill to dissolve in the alcohol somehow and get Negan to drink it all - and not let him make her drink it. Unfortunately I think she only has the one pill, so she won't be able to experiment to see if it will dissolve or not.

• Love 3
On 3/29/2017 at 8:35 PM, ganesh said:

I just don't think TPTBs have much creativity to think out the world they have created.

I strongly suspect Kirkman has something to do with that...

• Love 4

I've been curious about this since last week's episode - I thought that the Alexandrians were still trying to prevent the Saviors from finding out that they know about and are working with the Hilltop, hence why Maggie, Daryl, etc all hid when the Saviors showed up. Sooo, why has Enid allowed herself to be seen by Saviors both at Alexandria and at Hilltop? She was similarly harassed by a Savior at Alexandria many episodes ago. She even pointed out that they were the same Savior group that came to Alexandria. Maybe one of the Saviors in this group put two and two together and that is Negan's 'little bird' who told him about Rick's plans? 

I'm really late to the discussion, but I read the whole thread before commenting and it's hard to keep up with all my shows like that and still have time to comment and be part of the active conversation :(. 

I get frustrated like most of you, but it takes A LOT for me to lose enjoyment or give up on my favorite shows even when they get so 'bad' that most people have jumped ship [I still watch(ed) Sleepy Hollow]. When it comes to this show, my main frustration with this Negan garbage is the repetition. So I understand when people complain about the writers 'wasting time'. Everything Negan said to Sasha is pretty much what he said to Eugene which is what he said to Daryl. We GET IT. I don't feel like they're showing or telling us anything that we didn't already know by the time the first couple of episodes this season were done. Have we learned anything about him through all of these speeches and extended episodes that warranted so much time spent on him? There's just more questions and no answers. Does/did he love anyone (other than the bat)? Did he love any one human? Can he love people? Why does he love that bat so much? What did he do before the end of the world? What exactly are his goals now? We knew the governor had a wife and daughter, he had Milton trying to figure out how to save Penny. What the hell is Negan doing? It seemed for a minute that he might be trying(?) to get Sherry pregnant in the first half of the season, is that why he has the harem? Does he want kids? He seemed to like Judith and Carl. Did he have a family before? Agh!

Sasha and Carl tried to kill Negan, Daryl attacked him, and he essentially tried to recruit them. Rosita tried to kill him and he killed Olivia. Is it just because the bat got hurt? I wish they'd be a little more clear on what his thinking is. 

In writing this I forgot all about Oceanside. I agree that I didn't like seeing our group take this approach to taking the guns. Not because they're 'women and children', but because it seemed not the best way to get a group of isolationist skittish people, who are wary of aggressive strangers, on your side.

The Oceansiders have been shown to be perfectly capable. They feed and house themselves. They have defenses and keep themselves safe. The kids were shown standing up to adults and taking down walkers. IIRC, they gave Tara the option of joining them but, when she refused, were going to kill her to keep their group safe (sort of like the Randall situation our group faced in season 2). A choice that after recent events would seem even more justified. 

I will agree that they could have given Tara a bit more than thirty seconds to try to negotiate with these people before blowing shit up and storming in. That was 100% ridiculous and did paint our group in a bad and stupid light. Knowing how wary Oceanside is, why didn't they send in Michonne with Tara, and maybe even Enid, too, just as a way of letting Oceanside see a little of themselves in our group. It may have made them a teensy bit more receptive than they were (even with their barging in, they still had Oceansiders who DID want to join the fight.) But why do any of that, when it would mean less time for the SFX team's explosions and Special Walker Makeup of the week.

Going into the finale, I'm dreading a 'shocking' death. I don't want to lose anyone else. I really feel like the writing did not do enough or anything this season to justify the loss of Glenn, or anything compelling (Sasha and Rosita) to justify the loss of Abraham.  I understand 'comics' but I don't care. I honestly don't see how I'd like Negan any less if any other random Alexandrian(s) had been shown being murdered the way Glenn and Abraham were. 

I will watch this show until the bitter, bitter end. 

I miss Glenn.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, gutbuster said:

I've been curious about this since last week's episode - I thought that the Alexandrians were still trying to prevent the Saviors from finding out that they know about and are working with the Hilltop, hence why Maggie, Daryl, etc all hid when the Saviors showed up. Sooo, why has Enid allowed herself to be seen by Saviors both at Alexandria and at Hilltop? She was similarly harassed by a Savior at Alexandria many episodes ago. She even pointed out that they were the same Savior group that came to Alexandria. Maybe one of the Saviors in this group put two and two together and that is Negan's 'little bird' who told him about Rick's plans? 

I'm really late to the discussion, but I read the whole thread before commenting and it's hard to keep up with all my shows like that and still have time to comment and be part of the active conversation :(. 

I get frustrated like most of you, but it takes A LOT for me to lose enjoyment or give up on my favorite shows even when they get so 'bad' that most people have jumped ship [I still watch(ed) Sleepy Hollow]. When it comes to this show, my main frustration with this Negan garbage is the repetition. So I understand when people complain about the writers 'wasting time'. Everything Negan said to Sasha is pretty much what he said to Eugene which is what he said to Daryl. We GET IT. I don't feel like they're showing or telling us anything that we didn't already know by the time the first couple of episodes this season were done. Have we learned anything about him through all of these speeches and extended episodes that warranted so much time spent on him? There's just more questions and no answers. Does/did he love anyone (other than the bat)? Did he love any one human? Can he love people? Why does he love that bat so much? What did he do before the end of the world? What exactly are his goals now? We knew the governor had a wife and daughter, he had Milton trying to figure out how to save Penny. What the hell is Negan doing? It seemed for a minute that he might be trying(?) to get Sherry pregnant in the first half of the season, is that why he has the harem? Does he want kids? He seemed to like Judith and Carl. Did he have a family before? Agh!

Sasha and Carl tried to kill Negan, Daryl attacked him, and he essentially tried to recruit them. Rosita tried to kill him and he killed Olivia. Is it just because the bat got hurt? I wish they'd be a little more clear on what his thinking is. 

In writing this I forgot all about Oceanside. I agree that I didn't like seeing our group take this approach to taking the guns. Not because they're 'women and children', but because it seemed not the best way to get a group of isolationist skittish people, who are wary of aggressive strangers, on your side.

The Oceansiders have been shown to be perfectly capable. They feed and house themselves. They have defenses and keep themselves safe. The kids were shown standing up to adults and taking down walkers. IIRC, they gave Tara the option of joining them but, when she refused, were going to kill her to keep their group safe (sort of like the Randall situation our group faced in season 2). A choice that after recent events would seem even more justified. 

I will agree that they could have given Tara a bit more than thirty seconds to try to negotiate with these people before blowing shit up and storming in. That was 100% ridiculous and did paint our group in a bad and stupid light. Knowing how wary Oceanside is, why didn't they send in Michonne with Tara, and maybe even Enid, too, just as a way of letting Oceanside see a little of themselves in our group. It may have made them a teensy bit more receptive than they were (even with their barging in, they still had Oceansiders who DID want to join the fight.) But why do any of that, when it would mean less time for the SFX team's explosions and Special Walker Makeup of the week.

Going into the finale, I'm dreading a 'shocking' death. I don't want to lose anyone else. I really feel like the writing did not do enough or anything this season to justify the loss of Glenn, or anything compelling (Sasha and Rosita) to justify the loss of Abraham.  I understand 'comics' but I don't care. I honestly don't see how I'd like Negan any less if any other random Alexandrian(s) had been shown being murdered the way Glenn and Abraham were. 

I miss Glenn.

No, Darryl had to hide because he escaped from the Saviours and they are pretending that they know nothing about it. Father Gabriel told Negan that Maggie was dead, to save her from joining the harem AND more importantly, to protect Baby Gleggie. Nothing to do with moving back and forth between Hilltop and Alexandria.

The rest of your post, I completely agree with....I especially mourn the loss of Glenn and Abraham. Not only because I loved Glenn and the humanity he brought to the show, but the fact these were the only two characters that ever made me laugh. I imagine Kirkman is particularly humourless. He is incapable of appreciating that a fully rounded character adds depth to the story and gives us a reason to care about the characters.  A real life incorporates humour and pathos. The willing suspension of disbelief is triggered by empathy for the people, warts and all. 

• Love 3
On 3/30/2017 at 6:33 PM, walnutqueen said:

I'll just take your word for it, then, and eschew the fiction from fans.   My horizons are already too broad.   :-)

Ok, if no fanfic, how about a memoir? I'd read that!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, gutbuster said:

We knew the governor had a wife and daughter, he had Milton trying to figure out how to save Penny. What the hell is Negan doing?

Exactly why I prefer the Gov - he at least acted like a real person might. It was the flashes of his humanity that made him more frightening, showing us that people who had lives just like ours and were like us can be perverted to this degree. Negan seems to have NO emotions except glee at his sadism and occasional sideroads into brief anger. He's evil for the sake of being evil. He delights in evil. He's a cardboard cutout and so far that makes him totally uninteresting.

17 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

I imagine Kirkman is particularly humourless. He is incapable of appreciating that a fully rounded character adds depth to the story and gives us a reason to care about the characters.

So right. People find a way, no matter how dire the circumstances, to have a laugh. It's an important part of being human and it's really necessary mentally. People bitch and whine and complain too. The writers (and I know I've griped about this before) are incapable of writing "fully rounded characters" and it's getting worse. This show has devolved into CGI gore, cartoon villains and explosions.

22 hours ago, gutbuster said:

Yeah, me too. After all, I watched season06 of "Dexter." Even the Garbage Pail Kids can't make TWD worse than that.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, Ocean Chick said:

Most y'all made my points regarding this episode, so I won't waste time repeating them.

As far as the cast goes, I'll make my predictions now.  Eric, now that he had his fine speech about seeing the need to fight, is a goner.  But don't worry Aaron - we just found out that Jesus is gay, so you're okay.  Two gay guys are automatically meant to be hooked up, just because they're gay.  And can I say I find Ross M SOOOO much hotter with a beard?  That baby face of his is just off-putting somehow.

I hope Cyndie and short-hair (Beatrice?) survive, but Granny is certainly a goner, as are most of the women of Oceanside.  If Tara survives, I want Rachel to survive, just because she irritates Tara so much.  Anyone who bugs Tara is okay by me.  Tara?  You're supposed to be a grown-up - try acting like one.

I'm hoping Jadis bites it, just because she irritates me with her faux Yoda-speak.  But I hope whoever makes the junk sculptures survives - the world needs artistic types, even in the za.  I hope man-bun from Hilltop survives as well - he's easy on the eyes.  And yes, we saw them growing crops before TF arrived, so why do they need Maggie telling them how to do it?  Did they lose IQ points when TF came on scene?  Speaking of which, Maggie!  If you're planning to transplant a bush, you might want to bring a shovel to the job site instead of a little hand trowel!  It makes the job a sight easier.

I think Shiva is going to die, just because I can't believe that they have the budget to keep CGI-ing a tiger into scenes.  But I hope Ezekiel and Jerry survive, as well as Henry and Nabila, Diane and a few of the other Kingdomers.  I like their group, and they seem to have their act together.

I think Sasha is for sure going.  My guess is that she knows Negan will try to use her to harm TF, so she'll take the suicide pill in order to keep Negan from being able to use her as a pawn.  And it'll be bonus points if Negan doesn't realize she's dead and she gets go eat his face.  Eugene, of course, will survive, and TF will take him back.  Probably without ever knowing that he joined the Saviors.  He'll convince them that he was playing a long con.  Judith, Coral and Enid will survive.

We found out Jesus is gay?

It was very *briefly* mentioned when he was talking to Maggie a couple of episodes ago when he was talking about being in foster homes or something. I missed it too. One of the reasons I come here is to catch if I missed anything.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, raven said:

With the Junkyard Idiots, when they first went in to get Father Gabriel, they had no leverage, no weapons.  All they could do was talk.  Then they had an agreement, so to build on that, Rick's group gave them weapons and now they have armed allies.  Now, I wouldn't have had as big of a problem because I would have hidden weapons from Negan back at Alexandria, but whatever, this is what the show wants me to believe LOL.

At Oceanside, they are all armed (Junkyard wasn't) though the guns were conveniently locked up AND Rick's group is now also armed.   Almost certainly the Oceanside group would refuse to hand over anything - they were going to kill Tara to keep their secret.  One trustworthy person doesn't mean much; Tara almost died anyway.  If I were the leader of Oceanside, I wouldn't give Rick's group anything; so there would probably be shooting and people would be be hurt and/or killed.

So I can see why Rick went with non-lethal shooting, deception and stealing.

All antibiotics are surely expired by now.  Even small wounds are potentially deadly without antibiotics - see Khal Drogo.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, nodorothyparker said:

I honestly didn't mind Tara as a B character.  She brought a bit of needed levity and she wasn't a superhero like so many of these people are supposed to be. She consistently tried her best anyway.  That was relatable.   But the actress simply doesn't have the acting chops or presence for more than that and it's painful when the show keeps trying to make it happen.  She's like Beth 2.0 in that without the crazy shipping.

And without the annoying habit of breaking into song.  TWD is not a musical.

• Love 1
On 3/30/2017 at 9:40 PM, walnutqueen said:

Actually, it just cements my resolve to avoid fanfic at ALL costs.  :-)

Yeah.  Everyone knows there are no other organs inside your stomach.   That's just dumb.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I've been defending Tara for a long time. But even I have to admit, she is an unbelievably stupid diplomat.

"We're taking your guns to fight him. You should join us."

"Um.. with what? Pointy sticks? You just said you're taking all our guns."

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 2
On 3/30/2017 at 8:35 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Don't tell me that something like this doesn't intrigue you:

Actually, the notion of Rick twirling strands of his hair is somewhat... disconcerting.

• Love 1

The Cable Live +3 ratings are in for "Something They Need":

A few more people watched the March 26 episode of “The Walking Dead” the night it aired than did the previous week. Not quite as many people caught up with the show within three days of its airing.

The result, however, is still a small gain for the show. “The Walking Dead” sits at a 6.6 rating after three days of DVR and on-demand viewing, up from 6.5 the previous week. Its total viewer count is also up (14.014 million vs. 13.88 million). It grew by 1.7 points in the 18-49 demo and 3.46 million viewers vs. 1.8 and 3.55 million the previous week.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/walking-dead-rises-despite-slower-growth-cable-live-3-ratings-for-march-20-26/

And here are the Cable Live + Same Day & Live +3 ratings for Season 7 so far:

10-23-16 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be” 17.029 million; 20.793 million
10-30-16 “The Well” 12.455 million; 16.849 million
11-06-16 “The Cell” 11.721 million; 16.225 million
11-13-16 “Service” 11.402 million; 15.718 million
11-20-16 “Go Getters” 10.996 million; 15.267 million
11-27-16 “Swear” 10.403 million; 14.275 million
12-04-16 “Sing Me a Song” 10.481 million; 14.940 million
12-11-16 “Hearts Still Beating” 10.583 million; 15.198 million

02-12-17 “Rock in the Road” 11.996 million; 15.932 million
02-19-17 “New Best Friends” 11.075 million; 15.243 million
02-26-17 “Hostiles and Calamities” 10.423 million; 14.740 million
03-05-17 “Say Yes” 10.163 million; 13.669 million
03-12-17 “Bury Me Here” 10.676 million; 13.682 million
03-19-17 “The Other Side” 10.318 million; 13.880 million
03-26-17 “Something They Need” 10.543 million; 14.014 million

The Cable Live +7 ratings are in for "Something They Need":

“The Walking Dead,” per usual, was the biggest gain in both adults 18-49 (+2.1, 4.9 to 7.0) and viewers (+4.22 million). [14.771 million]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-7-ratings-for-march-20-26-2017/

Here are the Live + Same Day, Live + 3, and Live +7 ratings for Season 7 to this point:

10-23-16 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be” 17.029 million; 20.793 million; 21.528 million
10-30-16 “The Well” 12.455 million; 16.849 million; 17.947 million
11-06-16 “The Cell” 11.721 million; 16.225 million; 17.208 million
11-13-16 “Service” 11.402 million; 15.718 million; not reported
11-20-16 “Go Getters” 10.996 million; 15.267 million; 16.308 million
11-27-16 “Swear” 10.403 million; 14.275 million; 15.096 million
12-04-16 “Sing Me a Song” 10.481 million; 14.940 million; 15.776 million
12-11-16 “Hearts Still Beating” 10.583 million; 15.198 million; 16.020 million

02-12-17 “Rock in the Road” 11.996 million; 15.932 million; 16.837 million
02-19-17 “New Best Friends” 11.075 million; 15.243 million; 16.171 million
02-26-17 “Hostiles and Calamities” 10.423 million; 14.740 million; 15.756 million
03-05-17 “Say Yes” 10.163 million; 13.669 million; not reported
03-12-17 “Bury Me Here” 10.676 million; 13.682 million; 14.430 million
03-19-17 “The Other Side” 10.318 million; 13.880 million; 14.776 million
03-26-17 “Something They Need” 10.543 million; 14.014 million; 14.771 million