Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Something They Need

halgia
  • Start Topic

I'm gonna guess that Sasha didn't break the lamp because she wants a secret weapon. If as soon as they open the door they see that she's broken a shiv off of their lamp, then the element of surprise is gone. The lamp might even be there deliberately, as test.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Rock knocker said:

Contrails at 19:50.  I wonder who has planes still up?

Oh. Interesting. They usually do better with not showing contrails. That must be intentional, yes?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

How in the world can Rick or anyone else in his alliance have any idea if they have enough people to take on Nagen?

Obviously, he learned nothing from his ill-fated attack on the Neganites at the outpost. How many are there? Guess we'll find out when we get there, gang!

Edit because I keep forgetting something: Why on earth did Eugene put the kill pill in a baggie?? Does he think someone who wants to die is going to freak out if he rolled the pill under the door and it got dusty? She better find a way to hide the baggie, or Eugene might be the star attraction at the next weenie roast.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

The Sunday Cable ratings are in for "Something They Need":

At the top of the chart, “The Walking Dead” improved on the previous week with a 4.9 among adults 18-49 and 10.543 million viewers, up from 4.7 and 10.32 million the previous week.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-march-26-2017/

As always, here are the Cable Live  + Same Day ratings for 15/16ths of Season 7:

10-23-16 “The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be” 17.029 million
10-30-16 “The Well” 12.455 million
11-06-16 “The Cell” 11.721 million
11-13-16 “Service” 11.402 million
11-20-16 “Go Getters” 10.996 million
11-27-16 “Swear” 10.403 million
12-04-16 “Sing Me a Song” 10.481 million
12-11-16 “Hearts Still Beating” 10.583 million

02-12-17 “Rock in the Road” 11.996 million
02-19-17 “New Best Friends” 11.075 million
02-26-17 “Hostiles and Calamities” 10.423 million
03-05-17 “Say Yes” 10.163 million
03-12-17 “Bury Me Here” 10.676 million
03-19-17 “The Other Side” 10.318 million
03-26-17 “Something They Need” 10.543 million

With any luck, I'll catch up with the thread in a day or two...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I get that Rick and Company are in a hurry, but if they had stayed at Oceanside for a few minutes longer, they probably would have joined them. They seemed into it when they stopped listening to Grandma, why not spend a few more seconds to convince them to come, instead of leaving them defenseless.

Another thing that made no sense.  The Rickettes need the manpower (or womanpower).  Just having more guns is only half of the equation.

• Love 4

Maybe Dumbster Diva can attach all the guns onto a new, improved Winslow 2.0. And then march around Negan for a while, make a funny gesture, and say "You. Up up up. Now." Then Negan will start talking, which will give Rick a few hours to sneak in the back door, prove his alpha maleness, and make a big end-of-season speech to convince all of the Little Negans to follow him. As soon as they agree to work with him, a giant earthquake will hit the town and kill absolutely everyone who the writers aren't obsessed with. So, that gets rid of most of the evil extras, although Negan himself will no doubt escape with some kind of tough-guy injury. Probably a lost hand. We're one up on missing eyeballs, but nobody's lost a hand in a while. Next season, we'll watch his phony redemption arc as he wanders around killing people with his barbed-wire prosthetic. Hey, the Garbage Kids could make it for him!

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Haleth said:

The Golden Years. 

Right? I don't think this show has been very good since the conclusion of that (Terminus) storyline. It's had a few moments here and there, but overall been a showy drag. 

1 hour ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I'm starting to see a writer fail here - or a set / crew person fail, due to the lamp being there - unless I'm missing something.

Writer fails are a dime a dozen at this point. 

1 hour ago, Dobian said:

Another thing that made no sense.  The Rickettes need the manpower (or womanpower).  Just having more guns is only half of the equation.

Right. I found myself thinking what they were going to do if they had way more guns than people to use them. I know they can have backups on their person, but still.....I'd think getting actual fighters would take precedent over the weapons. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, EllenC said:

Don't worry. Rick has A Plan. 

Said no one seriously ever.

I agree they need people to go with the guns and weapons to shoot and kill Negan's group.  However, considering how the Rickettes have gone about their latest bone headed plan, there is no guarantee that the people from Oceanside or the Junkyard Dogs won't just kill Rick's people instead.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Nashville said:

Er - had you forgotten about Maggie and the Governor?

I didn't mean the show didn't deal with rape at all. The Claimers came to my mind first. Michonne was about to be a target as she was approaching the house. I was speaking specifically of the Negan storyline where the threat of rape never seemed to be a consideration for CDB.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Maybe Dumbster Diva can attach all the guns onto a new, improved Winslow 2.0. And then march around Negan for a while, make a funny gesture, and say "You. Up up up. Now." Then Negan will start talking, which will give Rick a few hours to sneak in the back door, prove his alpha maleness, and make a big end-of-season speech to convince all of the Little Negans to follow him. As soon as they agree to work with him, a giant earthquake will hit the town and kill absolutely everyone who the writers aren't obsessed with. So, that gets rid of most of the evil extras, although Negan himself will no doubt escape with some kind of tough-guy injury. Probably a lost hand

At this point? I'd be thrilled with that story line. And yeah, it's true - injuries just make them more macho looking, like a sexy eye patch or a strap-on knife hand.

Er - had you forgotten about Maggie and the Governor?

Rape has always been part of the spoils of the victors, but the Gov didn't rape Maggie. We know this because afterwards it's the only thing Glenn really REALLY wanted to know concerning Maggie's ordeal. Her humiliation, her terror - oh, well - but he needed to know if another man's penis had been in territory he considered to be his alone, maybe because he didn't want her to be able to make any comparisons. Okay, maybe that's mean, but not outside the realm of reality. I stand by it.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

With all of the racket that Rick's group was making in an effort to get the guns, how in the hell did no one in Nagenland hear it?  Nagen has to have patrols out in various areas. 

They've been very vague on geography, but my guess is that Oceanside is far from Neganland, or the Saviors would have found them again. It was mentioned that Tara, who found them, had gone further out than anyone else. Presumably, too far away for the Saviors to hear the explosions, especially over the sound of Negan's monologues.

Edited by Gobi
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

I'm gonna guess that Sasha didn't break the lamp because she wants a secret weapon. If as soon as they open the door they see that she's broken a shiv off of their lamp, then the element of surprise is gone. The lamp might even be there deliberately, as test.

But I'm not sure anyone would really notice if the metal handle / one of the side thing(s) was missing. And that could still do some damage - at least as much as a piece of glass might - if shoved in the eye or throat / jugular area. It should be fairly easy to conceal also. I don't think a knife - unless you're Sam or Dean Winchester - is going to be that easy to conceal safely without some kind of sheath. I wouldn't want to be trying to carry around a loose knife in my clothing anyway. Cutting yourself and getting blood showing would pretty much be suspicious. A piece of glass might do the same. And if Sasha's not going to be able to attack mode shove a piece of metal into Negan, I don't think a piece of glass would do her much good either. The piece of glass might even be more tricky.

4 hours ago, Rock knocker said:

Contrails at 19:50.  I wonder who has planes still up?

The shadow government, man.   Chemtrails, not contrails.   That's how the ZA started, dig?   They have to reseed the clouds to keep it going.

4 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

I was hoping Eugene would get her a knife, open the door to hand it to her and she'd plant it in his eye.   Eugene is tiresome.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:
3 hours ago, EllenC said:

Don't worry. Rick has A Plan. 

Said no one seriously ever.

Unless that plan involves Carol and some fireworks, you're pretty much hosed. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Sighed I said:

I guess it bugs me that they gave those stupid trash dwellers the benefit of the doubt when nothing indicates they are the least bit trustworthy (I'll be surprised if they don't screw our group over once they have Guns. Lots.), yet it didn't occur to them to try contacting the one person at Oceanside Tara knew was trustworthy. I understand Rick didn't want to waste time, but he did indicate he was willing to take the time to talk.

With the Junkyard Idiots, when they first went in to get Father Gabriel, they had no leverage, no weapons.  All they could do was talk.  Then they had an agreement, so to build on that, Rick's group gave them weapons and now they have armed allies.  Now, I wouldn't have had as big of a problem because I would have hidden weapons from Negan back at Alexandria, but whatever, this is what the show wants me to believe LOL.

At Oceanside, they are all armed (Junkyard wasn't) though the guns were conveniently locked up AND Rick's group is now also armed.   Almost certainly the Oceanside group would refuse to hand over anything - they were going to kill Tara to keep their secret.  One trustworthy person doesn't mean much; Tara almost died anyway.  If I were the leader of Oceanside, I wouldn't give Rick's group anything; so there would probably be shooting and people would be be hurt and/or killed.

So I can see why Rick went with non-lethal shooting, deception and stealing.

• Love 3

Excuse me if someone has already mentioned this, but Maggie was agonizingly slow in digging up that blackberry bush. Why didn't she bring a shovel instead of a little trowel? That scene is typical of what bugs me about this show. There is so much illogical behavior and every scene is drug out........

I'm also irritated by the fact that the Jesus character wears a big old leather coat in the hot Virginia (Georgia) sun. Why do some people wear big coats and others are in t shirts or are sleeveless? Sorry, I guess I'm easily irritated :)

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Right? I don't think this show has been very good since the conclusion of that (Terminus) storyline. It's had a few moments here and there, but overall been a showy drag. 

Writer fails are a dime a dozen at this point. 

Right. I found myself thinking what they were going to do if they had way more guns than people to use them. I know they can have backups on their person, but still.....I'd think getting actual fighters would take precedent over the weapons. 

And bullets are even more important.  I was looking and didn't see anyone carting boxes of bullets.    And that's why I hated that they wasted all of those bullets on those walkers who would not have come that way except for the stupid explosions.  (And what if there were any Savior scouting teams in the area?

• Love 5

So hard to imagine Sonequa Martin-Green leading her own show after this.  Her performance is so wooden.  I gather from the writing and the direction that she was tricking Eugene, but she brought nothing to that moment.  Think I'm going to start rooting for Negan to make watching more interesting.

I didn't catch on right away that she was tricking Eugene either, but I actually count that as good acting. For it to be more obvious to us, perhaps it would have to bad enough acting that we'd be wondering why Eugene fell for it. I mean, yeah, we've got Foghorn leghorn running around as the main villain, but I've known a lot of guys in real life who actually do act like Foghorn Leghorn. The show's realism has not quite yet dropped to the level of Bugs Bunny turning to the camera in mid-scheme and saying "He don't know me very well, do he?"

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Diane M said:

How is Sasha supposed to deliver that poison to Negan?  "Now say ah while I toss this pill in your mouth."

Maybe the way I always delivered pills to my dogs, by sticking it in a piece of hotdog - "Yummy! Look what you're getting!"?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe the way I always delivered pills to my dogs, by sticking it in a piece of hotdog - "Yummy! Look what you're getting!"?

"Who's a good little savior? Yes, you are!"

• Love 8

That's a great stat. You'd think TPTBs would do 30 seconds of basic research for some world-building. I'd figure that one out of every three houses would probably have at least one gun. It wouldn't be too hard to bury some stockpiles at strategic locations. Although, the use of the word "strategic" I know is ridiculous here. 

Ok, Negan killing that dude with the quick stab through the throat was cool.

Deriving drama from everyone just being dumb is getting beyond absurd now. I mean huh, a bunch of walkers showed up? I wonder why? 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 3
On 3/27/2017 at 3:09 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I've tried to imagine being whisked from my cushy little life into this savage kill or be killed world, and I know I've have lost it a long time ago.

That's the fundamental premise that I just don't buy. Everyone they've met, and themselves, are all kill or be killed. There's no way the world is only like that. It's just ridiculously one-dimensional. There's nothing tying anyone down. Just leave. I mean, after the governor, I'd be like, I'm going to San Diego. Bye. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

It's just ridiculously one-dimensional.

That's the way they are in cartoons and comic books, where it works. There should be a of places like Alexandria and even Woodbury, without a maniacal, sadistic psycho in charge of course.

You know though, I've read a small amount of comics, and I'm sure there's plenty here who have too. There's fully realized characters. I actually think Rick is a decent character. It's just the situations they're running into have been the same for a while now. I just don't think TPTBs have much creativity to think out the world they have created. With the way tv is made nowadays, they have a lot more flexibility in storytelling. 

There's reason why we haven't run into a group or even a single person who has traveled the country. TPTBs wouldn't know who that character is or what would they say about the larger world. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 6
On 3/29/2017 at 11:36 AM, Diane M said:

How is Sasha supposed to deliver that poison to Negan?  "Now say ah while I toss this pill in your mouth."

21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I hate to even mention this ... it involves having sex with Negan and some ass fingering.  Totally gross delivery method, but effective.

Slinking away now to have a shower.

• Love 1

Negan's the kind of mouthbreather than thinks a finger up the ass is teh ghey. 

Or maybe he was in a bad fingering accident and that's why he's going than lean thing all the time. He's trying to clench. 

• Love 1
On 3/28/2017 at 8:58 PM, raven said:

At Oceanside, they are all armed (Junkyard wasn't) though the guns were conveniently locked up AND Rick's group is now also armed.   Almost certainly the Oceanside group would refuse to hand over anything - they were going to kill Tara to keep their secret.  One trustworthy person doesn't mean much; Tara almost died anyway.  If I were the leader of Oceanside, I wouldn't give Rick's group anything; so there would probably be shooting and people would be be hurt and/or killed.

So I can see why Rick went with non-lethal shooting, deception and stealing.

Yeah...  Well Oceanside HAD all the guns and it didn't do them much good.  They couldn't counter an attack of five or so, the Saviors would have had them in a second.  At least the guns went into the hands of a capable group.

Knowing the Saviors are out there, why would Oceanside set up permanent camp within a day trip of (presumably) hundreds of well trained, well armed Saviors?  I would have been camping in Mexico before I stopped...

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:36 AM, Diane M said:

Well there is the "other" way, haha.  Maybe that's why Negan walks around all funny with the stiff back, like he's got a stick up there or something.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ChipBach said:

Knowing the Saviors are out there, why would Oceanside set up permanent camp within a day trip of (presumably) hundreds of well trained, well armed Saviors?  I would have been camping in Mexico before I stopped...

Yeah, after seeing two of my friends' heads bashed in, I would have been on the road to a coastal town far, far away.  I have no idea why Rick & co insist on staying in this part of the States, never mind why Oceanside decided to stay.  Though Oceanside does have cute houses.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

Well there is the "other" way, haha.  Maybe that's why Negan walks around all funny with the stiff back, like he's got a stick up there or something.

Not sure if Eunegan can build suicide suppositories....

• Love 4
4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I hate to even mention this ... it involves having sex with Negan and some ass fingering.  Totally gross delivery method, but effective.

Slinking away now to have a shower.

Lol!  I've been a little concerned about you lately.   But it would work.  Maybe.  Man that's nasty.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Okay, 'fess up: You've been reading fanfiction, haven't you? Oh, wait, no you haven't, or you'd know that Rick is the "bottom."

• Love 2