Type keyword(s) to search

Briana DeJesus: Farm league promoted to the Majors

• Start Topic

After pondering on this, I think bringing Brianna on is a precursor for either Chelsea leaving, or Janelle losing it so bad that they have to replace her.

Jannelle is ratings gold and she clearly needs/wants the money and publicity, but if she crosses too many lines MTV might not have much choice in the matter. For example, if she abused one of the kids and was charged, I have a hard time believing that MTV would continue to pay her and film her. 

Chelsea OTOH, might decide she is done and walk away. I doubt that MTV would drop her, because how would that look? The one TM who seemingly has her shit together gets canned. The trainwrecks get renewed. The optics are terrible.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Has filming begun for the next season? 

Yes. 

I know Chelsea has been filming. Kail's book signing was being filmed. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 3

I think they have to have at least one "success story" (using success here in the relative sense, as in relative to the other TM girls) and Chelsea is it. She may be boring but she's stable, is a decent mother, is in a loving adult relationship with a man who has a job outside of the show, cares for her children, completed a training program for a career, and has relatively little drama with her family. Chelsea is the only one who ended up with a pretty controversey-free, adult, stable life and one of the few who comes off as a decent parent, good human being, & someone who has made herself a happy, successful life despite being a teen parent. As boring as she is, I think they almost have to try to keep her around to balance out the other three trainwrecks (four counting Briana).

Briana's depiction on TM3 was definitely a case of a girl getting a good edit. If you've read sites that have followed her and her social media since the show ended, the girl is way more crass, trashy, & a bigger mess than she was shown as on the show. If she's coming back, I want to see everything about this chick in all her trashy glory, MTV - No "good girl" editing at all! Otherwise, yawn...... 

I stopped watching TM3 before its one season ended because I just couldn't bring myself to keep watching that snoozefest and all the girls except Katie irked me to no end (and not even in a "I love to hate-watch these chicks" type of way like Jenelle and Kail).  I think Briana may have even been the mom I liked least on TM3, although it's a tough call since I found Mackenzie and Alex to be pretty awful as well.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

Yes. 

I know Chelsea has been filming. Kail's book signing was being filmed. 

Oh PLEASE tell me there is footage of the women with the "Team Javi" shirts getting their picture taken with Kail.  That would make the whole season worth watching.

• Love 6

I feel like Chelsea may be quitting, but the producers begged her to stay just one more season to finish her story. Didn't she say at one point she didn't want Watson filmed? Maybe they told her if she came back, she could stay for half a season and then bow out, with limited airtime and calling all the shots. They may have even said she could leave for 8B if they do one!

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I feel like Chelsea may be quitting, but the producers begged her to stay just one more season to finish her story. Didn't she say at one point she didn't want Watson filmed? Maybe they told her if she came back, she could stay for half a season and then bow out, with limited airtime and calling all the shots. They may have even said she could leave for 8B if they do one!

I suspect Chelsea too. It explains with Adam has completely checked out of the series. He knows it's over. 

• Love 6

I absolutely could not stand Briana. Most of the girls I could feel a shred of empathy during their 16 and pregnant episodes, even Jenelle and Farrah. Just to be clear, I don't think I felt terribly bad for them or anything, but I could understand some of the behavior as immaturity, for example Jenelles leaving Jace to party... while that was no doubt a really crappy/horrible thing to do, at the point of her 16 and pregnant episode there could have been hope that she could get her act together. But if I knew then what I know now, then I would have absolutely no empathy/sympathy (I can never keep those 2 straight). 

That being said, Briana is the only one out of the series that I recall actually not liking, there were a couple others I felt indifferent about, but didn't actively dislike anyone that I can remember. 

I would prefer them not add anyone and just cancel the show, but if they had to add someone Mackenzie is not who I would choose. She's like a mash up of Leah/Farrah with her campaign for people to buy her a boob job, her sex tape, frequent health scares. I really don't understand her premise that her being married with 3 kids and one dad is more interesting than Briana (although I don't really find Briana interesting, I could see how her constant drama could be entertaining to some) does Makenzie think it's some special feat to have 3 children from one dad? While not the norm on the show, in general it's pretty normal. 

• Love 5

TBH Briana is the only one I remember from TM3. The only memory I have about Mackenzie is how she's like another version of Leah or some other fake blonde dummy from the south who got herself knocked up by her grunting boyfriend in high school. Aside from the diabetes, she's like a thousand girls.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, leighroda said:

I really don't understand her premise that her being married with 3 kids and one dad is more interesting than Briana (although I don't really find Briana interesting, I could see how her constant drama could be entertaining to some) does Makenzie think it's some special feat to have 3 children from one dad? While not the norm on the show, in general it's pretty normal. 

I actually think that's what she meant - that MTV chose Briana over Mack BECAUSE Briana's situation is more "dramatic". I think she was implying that she was passed over for having a boring, stable life.

• Love 3

Good Lawrd, the only thing worse than Briana is Mackenzie.  I really hope this is a ruse with Briana.  I'd much rather see Katie or Alex.  Katie blows Kail out of the water.  Alex has the truth telling, drug addicted, baby daddy.  

Mack is just stupid.  Bri lives with a coven of man hating witches.  I don't need either of these two on my screen.  Use them, because they want it, but---keep them off my screen.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I actually think that's what she meant - that MTV chose Briana over Mack BECAUSE Briana's situation is more "dramatic". I think she was implying that she was passed over for having a boring, stable life.

I think I need a forum intervention...I actually read that in my head as "dramastic"

• Love 12

I basically stopped watching Teen Mom 3 because I could just not stand Briana and her family.

Guess I will be doing a whole of fast forwarding during Teen Mom 2 or give that up all together.

Personally I would have preferred Mackenzie.

• Love 2
(edited)

I would have preferred Mack too, but as others pointed out, she's basically Leah, only married to a guy who's better at looking the other way than Jeremy and Corey were. Or just too damn lazy to file divorce papers. One or the other.

ETA: Also, Mackenzie is a pretty decent depiction of what Chelsea would have been like, sans Randy.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 5

I just can't with either girl. If only my dream would come true and MTV would present us a show featuring Katie and showcase how one can break the cycle of having an emotionally abusive boyfriend. I'd love for her story to be seen as she talks about going to school, completing her education and having a career. Her life has just begun and she did it without selling her soul and getting 150 pounds added to her ass, getting lip injections, fake tits, Botox, and breaking her child's heart by being a cold, selfish bitch.

• Love 11

Katie is admirable. That's the very reason I don't want her back on the show. I'm happy to know she's living her life without the cameras. An update special would be cool, but I don't want her to get sucked into the whole fame-whore lifestyle. 

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:18 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

TBH Briana is the only one I remember from TM3. The only memory I have about Mackenzie is how she's like another version of Leah or some other fake blonde dummy from the south who got herself knocked up by her grunting boyfriend in high school. Aside from the diabetes, she's like a thousand girls.

I remember thinking that Mackenzie seemed kind of sweet...that's something, maybe???????

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/04/05/exclusive-briana-dejesus-on-teen-mom-2-what-shes-getting-paid-who-she-beat-out-for-the-job/

The Ashley’s sources tell her that the show’s producers struggled to figure out what would be a fair salary to pay Briana for appearing on ‘Teen Mom 2.’ The ‘Teen Mom 2’ cast–Leah Messer, Kail Lowry, Chelsea Houska and Jenelle Evans— was reportedly very upset that the network was even considering paying Briana anything close to what they now make for doing the show, after eight full seasons. (As The Ashley has previously reported, the gals now make over $300,000 a season.)

When you hit the jackpot but you’re not allowed to say anything yet…

From what The Ashley hears, the producers are planning to pay Briana much less than the original girls will make for Season 8. They have decided to pay her the salary that Leah, Kail, Chelsea and Jenelle made for their second season on the show– an amount somewhere around $20,000. (And– for those of you asking, no that it not a typo! The ‘Teen Mom 2’ girls were paid about $20k for Season 2 as well.)

The ‘Teen Mom 2’ girls weren’t happy that Briana was making so much, but the network felt that was a fair amount, given that Briana had one season of a ‘Teen Mom’ show under her belt already.

Although Briana won’t be making anywhere near what the original girls make, she still scored a pretty good gig. In fact, she had to beat out several of her 16 and Pregnant Season 4 co-stars for the job, including the (somewhat bitter) Mackenzie McKee, who last week gave a salty interview to Radar about the situation.

(After the interview hit the Interwebs, Mackenzie backtracked on her quotes, tweeting that the site “twisted” her words.)

Anyway, The Ashley also hears that the producers were considering Season 4’s Lindsey Harrison for the job. The producers were considering her for a while, but apparently her life didn’t have the high level of drama the producers were looking for. Lindsey, who is now married and working as a real estate agent in Texas, was basically told “thanks but no thanks,” due to her having a stable life (which, as we ‘Teen Mom 2’ fans know, just isn’t all that fun to watch play out on our screens.)

Stay tuned– The Ashley will have more on Briana joining ‘Teen Mom 2’ soon!

• Love 1

Anyway, The Ashley also hears that the producers were considering Season 4’s Lindsey Harrison for the job. The producers were considering her for a while, but apparently her life didn’t have the high level of drama the producers were looking for. Lindsey, who is now married and working as a real estate agent in Texas, was basically told “thanks but no thanks,” due to her having a stable life (which, as we ‘Teen Mom 2’ fans know, just isn’t all that fun to watch play out on our screens.)

Interesting, as Lindsey originally went on record as saying she was approached to do Teen Mom 3 and turned them down.

Am I the only one that actually thinks it would be cool if they showed a full time employed former teen mom with a stable life??

• Love 9
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Interesting, as Lindsey originally went on record as saying she was approached to do Teen Mom 3 and turned them down.

Am I the only one that actually thinks it would be cool if they showed a full time employed former teen mom with a stable life??

The closest we have is Barb. She is no teen mom, but she is a mom who works full-time and is handling her business. I sure wouldn't mind having at least one girl doing something good with their life. It would be a contrast to the rest of the cast. Obviously, MTV is not wanting stability. They seek drama.

Speaking of Barb, I hope she has a will. I don't want to see Jenelle and UBT get their hands on her estate and money. If Barb leaves a big chunk of her money to Jace, that would be another reason I can see Jenelle wanting to have custody of Jace. Hopefully, Barb lives a long life.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

She says she was "spade" after third child this past August     

At least they won't have to think too hard to come  up with a name for this one!

• Love 4

I'm confused. Is she really pregnant, or is this a Catelynn type thing? From what I'm reading, Mackenzie posted a picture which had a bit of a "belly" (I've yet to find this supposed picture) and fans started speculating. So she then tweeted - "Thank you Instagram for informing me I’m pregnant with baby number 4… we are so excited" - followed by a laughing-so-hard-crying emoji, as well as a winking emoji. So that sounds rather sarcastic to me, not necessarily confirmation. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm confused. Is she really pregnant, or is this a Catelynn type thing? From what I'm reading, Mackenzie posted a picture which had a bit of a "belly" (I've yet to find this supposed picture) and fans started speculating. So she then tweeted - "Thank you Instagram for informing me I’m pregnant with baby number 4… we are so excited" - followed by a laughing-so-hard-crying emoji, as well as a winking emoji. So that sounds rather sarcastic to me, not necessarily confirmation. 

No, not like Catelynn who blatantly likes fucking with people. Mackenzie posted a photo (it is in this linked article) and her followers thought she was pregnant and that is how the rumor started. http://www.pioneernews.in/2017/04/04/another-teen-mom-announces-shes-pregnant-on-ig-wth/

I saw a tweet on MTV's site about Mackenzie being pregnant. But stupid MTV's headline made it seem she was in fact pregnant. I didn't bother to click on the link. Why would I with a headline that reads "Mackenzie is pregnant with baby no. 4"? That is why I posted my comment above.  Then, I decided to look into it more and I came up with the article that I linked in my previous post above which mentions Mackenzie was being sarcastic about the followers who thought she was pregnant.

The only thing I remember about Mackenzie is the white hair and that her husband looked like he should have the word "duh" tattooed across his forehead.  

On 4/4/2017 at 11:20 AM, BitterApple said:

My only hesitation on Katie is I wished she'd gotten married before having a second kid. Hopefully it works out for her this time around.

Why?

• Love 2
On 3/28/2017 at 9:37 AM, ghoulina said:

Yikes. I said it before in another thread, but I'm posting here to subscribe to this one. Brianna was the WORST from her season. I could not stand her. I really do not want to see her lazy ass, her enabling sister, or her man-hating mother. Lord knows this new dude is a real winner just like the last one. 

*Hated* the mom. In one of the recent previews, the producers tried to see it as "female empowerment" that Brianna's family is all female. I saw TM3 and how they acted-- MTV, on behalf of actual feminists, please please do not try to sell this as feminism. Nobody is buying. #gross

• Love 13

Congratulations to Briana's sister Brittany! You get another baby you didn't have yourself (because you are smarter than that) to raise! 

They better show Briana in all her trashy, ratchet glory. No edit of the nice, shy girl who is so close with her mom and sister. If this train wreck is coming back, I want to see her in all her trashy glory. 

• Love 11
On March 28, 2017 at 4:54 PM, BXD said:

Is she the one who spent every episode complaining that she wished she had an abortion like her sister? Please no.

Calling her child a mistake right in front of her is pretty special too.  The screaming brawls & dysfunctional convos that beautiful little girl has seen/heard - heartbreaking 

• Love 4
On April 6, 2017 at 0:15 PM, GreatKazu said:
On April 6, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Tatum said:

The closest we have is Barb. She is no teen mom, but she is a mom who works full-time and is handling her business. I sure wouldn't mind having at least one girl doing something good with their life. It would be a contrast to the rest of the cast. Obviously, MTV is not wanting stability. They seek drama.

Speaking of Barb, I hope she has a will. I don't want to see Jenelle and UBT get their hands on her estate and money. If Barb leaves a big chunk of her money to Jace, that would be another reason I can see Jenelle wanting to have custody of J

It's shocking that Barb hasn't stroked out or had a heart attack with juhnelle for a daughter . Jace keeps her going.

• Love 3

Wow, Nova looks just like her father.

2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I had forgotten what an idiot Brianna is. Thanks for the reminder MTV. 

Does vivid have some kind of teen mom pipeline? It seems like just about every tm has been approached. That's just gross. 

I wonder if she was even going to do it. She said before she would do it she wanted to get all those surgeries. She probably did all the surgeries as an excuse. And after baby she wants to get rid of her boobs and butt? Why even do it then? That whole family is dumb

• Love 1
(edited)

I vaguely remember TM3 and Briana- and those memories aren't positive. 

Nova is adorable though, I love the way they styled her hair in the first scene with the poms. Does Briana's sister have kids?

Why do they have conversations in front of these children as if they are deaf? Nova understands everything they are saying, and she just kept coloring looking up at her family like "WUT"  that made me smile  

shallow note- I liked Briana with the short hair, it really brought out her features. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 3

I got through about 3 minutes and turned it off.  Nova does look like her dad and Devoin makes for a cute little girl.  I started rolling my eyes when she was talking about her and Kail going back to Dr.Miami for boobs and butts (and vaginal rejuvenation, I'm sure), after "these babies".  THEN she let her hair down and flipped it around with an "I'm so nervous" flirty giggle.  Barf.  The producer sitting on the floor, by the coffee table, kissing her ass with something about a family of love-female family.... Whatever!  Off my Dvr now.  I'll catch Chelsea segments online, thank you.  I don't even care to see Kail lie or stomp out, Fuck Jenelle and her future demise, Leah who?  I'll try to catch the kids with their fathers.  I don't need to see any of their mothers.

33 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Does Briana's sister have kids?

No.  The two sisters got pregnant at the same time as teens.  She chose to abort.  And her sister kept hers and got an Mtv show.  

I do feel for the mom being diagnosed with Lupus but that's all.  She's atrocious. IMO

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I got through about 3 minutes and turned it off.  Nova does look like her dad and Devoin makes for a cute little girl.  I started rolling my eyes when she was talking about her and Kail going back to Dr.Miami for boobs and butts (and vaginal rejuvenation, I'm sure), after "these babies".  THEN she let her hair down and flipped it around with an "I'm so nervous" flirty giggle.  Barf.  The producer sitting on the floor, by the coffee table, kissing her ass with something about a family of love-female family.... Whatever!  Off my Dvr now.  I'll catch Chelsea segments online, thank you.  I don't even care to see Kail lie or stomp out, Fuck Jenelle and her future demise, Leah who?  I'll try to catch the kids with their fathers.  I don't need to see any of their mothers.

No.  The two sisters got pregnant at the same time as teens.  She chose to abort.  And her sister kept hers and got an Mtv show.  

I do feel for the mom being diagnosed with Lupus but that's all.  She's atrocious. IMO

Yes I remembered Brittany had an abortion while Brianna chose to have the baby, but I mean had Brittany had any children since then- looks like she hasn't (good for her). Brittany looks like she's over the entire thing. If she knows what's good for her she will keep her personal life off cameras and only show up to collect her check/discuss Nova. 

• Love 2

They showed up on A family therapy on VH1. They brought Nova in the last day or so.Totally cute. The Mom was forced to admit that her girls didn't share the same father. Brittneys dad was killed in the streets when she was about a year old. The mother lied her whole life. Both sisters lost their shit. Then a had just a lil sympathy for them. I guess we'll see more crap hit the fan.  

• Love 5