Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Belly Up

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, scoopski potata said:

This has been bothering me a little more than it probably should and mostly for the principle of just figuring it out at this point, to be honest. But here's what I think happened with the parking. I've gotten up close and personal with this scene a couple of times comparing it with this photo and I think she parked in the spot I've circled and pointed to (which doesn't appear to be an actual parking spot as it has a line down the middle of it). But you'll note the three handicapped signs on the wall, all double arrowed meaning effectively all of those spots are handicapped. Anyway thus ends my sleuthing and irrelevant commenting on parking and annoyance with her taking up spaces for actual handicapped folks.IMG_1959.thumb.JPG.325e973b4446ce26155b798ed37e6d24.JPG

I had to go back and watch that scene now. And there are two different ones that she parks in front of the handicapped signs. I missed the first one cuz I was focused on her carrying her shoes (which btw she has had since season 1. i had the same ones) but she clearly parks in the handicapped spot there. Also looks like no other cars are there. The second time was her one on one and she parked in the spot meant for the ramps. Ugh hate this women even more now! 

RenderedContent-1C15E13B-23C1-4FF1-9518-7D75E61FE598.JPG

IMG_4374.PNG

Edited by AmyB
  • Love 2

I've been thinking about the "cousin" thing. I did our genealogy report a few years ago and learned that my mother's great, great, great grandfather and my dad's great, great, great, GREAT grandfather were brothers. We've laughed about it a lot. However, that particular family was one of the first ones to settle our state. Realistically, every family in my state that can trace themselves back to the 1700s here can trace themselves to one of those brothers. That's what happens when a new area is settled. It's kind of the Adam and Eve Syndrome. We're also one of the few cultures that doesn't engage in cousin marry. In many societies, it's highly encouraged for people to marry their second and third cousins. It's become a taboo in western society only fairly recently. Whitney and Nathan couldn't have been close-neither of her parents seemed to know who he was (I am sure she told them his name, even if it was off camera) and she didn't recognize him. Plus, he didn't distinguish what kind of cousins they were, leading me to believe that it was so far back that it was eye rolling. 

With all that being said, it was totally just more manufactured drama for the show. They probably weren't even related at all. It's like this season is following a checklist. Pregnancy scare? Check! Lesbianism? Check! Incest? Check, CHECK! 

Watch out, cats. I'd hide. 

17 hours ago, scoopski potata said:

Also, re Todd and NYC: I thought the same thing about him living there. I was really confused at her confusion. Even I knew he lived there...his fb profile says he lives there so why was she like "what are you going there for?" Such a stupid pointless (my husband would make a dad-joke here and say "it's round!" harhar) lie. 

In earlier seasons Whitney actually referenced Todd living there and would talk about him flying down to Greensboro for whatever reason. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

I had to go back and watch that scene now. And there are two different ones that she parks in front of the handicapped signs. I missed the first one cuz I was focused on her carrying her shoes (which btw she has had since season 1. i had the same ones) but she clearly parks in the handicapped spot there. Also looks like no other cars are there. The second time was her one on one and she parked in the spot meant for the ramps. Ugh hate this women even more now! 

RenderedContent-1C15E13B-23C1-4FF1-9518-7D75E61FE598.JPG

IMG_4374.PNG

I didn't even notice the second one! Now I see where she's parked in the wheelchair space. Ugh. What a pain in the ass. My dad has his wife's placard on his truck and could probably get away with parking in handicapped spots but he doesn't. Why? Because he's not fucking handicapped nor an asshole and he can walk another 5 steps from another spot. Jesus this woman can flail around and straddle Todd and wants everyone to think she can do anything just like everyone else because her weight doesn't affect her does it? Noooo. But clearly it affects her when it's convenient for her. 

• Love 7
On 3/28/2017 at 11:17 PM, Nancypants said:

Whitney's beard is very evident in this ep, due to chin closeups of her chin scabs from shaving. Attractive!

Her editors hate her worse than I do

I feel like of all of the things to mock about this show, this is maybe not that kind? As someone who also has PCOS, my initial wish for MBFFL was "wow - maybe this show will help people understand what I deal with - facial hair, thinning hair, extremely heavy and painful periods, inability to lose weight, etc etc." Clearly that's not how the show went, but maybe we could lay off of the things that people with this disorder can't control?

Gotta run, off to shave my chin - b/c the only thing worse than you being able to mock chin scabs would be you having to see my facial hair, amirite? Ugh.

• Love 14
Just now, goodbyeglittergirl said:

I feel like of all of the things to mock about this show, this is maybe not that kind? As someone who also has PCOS, my initial wish for MBFFL was "wow - maybe this show will help people understand what I deal with - facial hair, thinning hair, extremely heavy and painful periods, inability to lose weight, etc etc." Clearly that's not how the show went, but maybe we could lay off of the things that people with this disorder can't control?

Gotta run, off to shave my chin - b/c the only thing worse than you being able to mock chin scabs would be you having to see my facial hair, amirite? Ugh.

The facial hair thing doesn't bug me about Whitney (as you say, it can't be helped), but if I were her friend I would recommend laser hair removal to her. She looks like she could be a perfect candidate since she has dark hair and fair skin (although certain medications can make people too photosensitive), and when you consider the cost of waxing and shaving it's not that expensive. I've been doing laser on my armpits and a few other spots and it is LIFE CHANGING. Not very painful and it is giving me permanent results.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

I feel like of all of the things to mock about this show, this is maybe not that kind? As someone who also has PCOS, my initial wish for MBFFL was "wow - maybe this show will help people understand what I deal with - facial hair, thinning hair, extremely heavy and painful periods, inability to lose weight, etc etc." Clearly that's not how the show went,

I agree.  It is odd, though, that for as much of an emphasis as they gave the PCOS in the first season, we haven't heard a thing about it since.  I was always curious why we didn't get more of an insight into Whitney's medical treatment for the PCOS, which in retrospect makes me question whether she's doing anything to deal with it.

By the same token:

11 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

if I were her friend I would recommend laser hair removal to her. She looks like she could be a perfect candidate since she has dark hair and fair skin (although certain medications can make people too photosensitive), and when you consider the cost of waxing and shaving it's not that expensive

It's odd that, knowing she was going to be filmed, she wouldn't have taken care of that.  

Like how cool would it be to meet your cousin who's around your age - has teen children . You may find you really like them so you've got more family to hang with than just Glen & babs every minute . But no . Not twit. She flees the scene like an idiot .  Actually , you're lucky Nathan . 

Just another example of either how fake this show is, or how awful Whitney is.  In real life, you come across a relative, who lives right nearby but whom you never knew about, you want to pick their brain, find out about their lives, get to know them, etc.  Instead, we got "yeah, Mom said something about a Glen, argle-bargle cousin yada-yada" and Whitney shrieks off.  Forget about whether the relationship is distant enough to not be creepy.  That's just a shitty way to interact with a newly-discovered relative.

7 hours ago, Dot said:

I agree about Babs: tiresome

I have to admit that in the first season Babs was my favorite thing about the show.  Maybe it's my growing cynicism about the show, or maybe she and Glen have changed, but at this point it really seems like they realize that keeping this show going is their only shot at keeping Whitney out of their spare bedroom.

• Love 7
On 3/28/2017 at 11:17 PM, Nancypants said:

Whitney's beard is very evident in this ep, due to chin closeups of her chin scabs from shaving. Attractive!

Her editors hate her worse than I do

My point is her Editors Hate her , they make sure to point out things about her that are unattractive, both inside and out.

• Love 4

I use electrolysis for my *ahem* unwanted hair needs and recommend it to everyone. Laser wasn't as thorough and effective for me as I would have liked, but electrolysis has been, to borrow @ClareWalks' words, life-changing. The only drawback I've had is that it can be painful, though there are really simple ways to mitigate that. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

I use electrolysis for my *ahem* unwanted hair needs and recommend it to everyone. Laser wasn't as thorough and effective for me as I would have liked, but electrolysis has been, to borrow @ClareWalks' words, life-changing. The only drawback I've had is that it can be painful, though there are really simple ways to mitigate that. 

Yes! Electrolysis is more focused and better for people who don't have a lot of contrast between their hair and skin color. I think any pain is certainly worth it :) And it is not as expensive as you'd think, I added up how much shaving my underarms costs vs the laser package and basically if you look at ONLY the money, it pays for itself in 3 years.

• Love 3

The cousin thing bothered me in how she reacted and treated him. Ok you guys found out you are related so you can't date but hey you found a new family member. I would have definitely taken that opportunity to get to know him! I totally fb stalked when I figured out who he was and there are no public photos of them posted nor any mutual friends listed with any of the thore clan as far as I can tell.  And he does seem like a cool guy from some of his posts. Really into fitness too. Also interesting he is a good friend with the owner of the place that hosts the salsa class (not the people that run the class but the owners of the actual place). 

Another interesting tidbit, if you go watch MRL fb live for today, Maney makes a comment about the dance battle (somewhere around the 17 min mark) Think it is safe to say it probably won't happen thru their radio show. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I agree.  It is odd, though, that for as much of an emphasis as they gave the PCOS in the first season, we haven't heard a thing about it since.  I was always curious why we didn't get more of an insight into Whitney's medical treatment for the PCOS, which in retrospect makes me question whether she's doing anything to deal with it.

Probably because many people with PCOS called her out on her bullshit. It may be harder, not IMPOSSIBLE, to lose weight and stay fit. I know many people diagnosed with it who remain a normal size and some have to work harder at it than others, but they do it. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AmyB said:

The cousin thing bothered me in how she reacted and treated him. Ok you guys found out you are related so you can't date but hey you found a new family member. I would have definitely taken that opportunity to get to know him! I totally fb stalked when I figured out who he was and there are no public photos of them posted nor any mutual friends listed with any of the thore clan as far as I can tell.  And he does seem like a cool guy from some of his posts. Really into fitness too. Also interesting he is a good friend with the owner of the place that hosts the salsa class (not the people that run the class but the owners of the actual place). 

Totally agree. 

Through Facebook, I found out I have a brother. My mom was on a neighboring county's historical society's page and some guy got on there and posted a picture of a man. He wrote, "This is my dad. I have never met him and don't know his name but I know he's from that county. Does anyone know him?" My mom called me and was like, "Uh...you might have a brother."

We haven't met yet, were hoping to in a few weeks, but we've talked on the phone a lot. I was totally excited about it. We're the same age and have a TON in common. We've both spent our entire lives feeling like something was missing. And I FB stalked the hell out of him. 

• Love 7

I have to say this:  Whitney's life is not fabulous.  She's morbidly obese and suffers from all the ills that come with that.  She's weak and out of breath most of the time.  She must eat fattening food all the time, and in large quantities in order to maintain that weight.  She can't dance!!  She moves her feet and arms a little, jiggles a lot, and she calls it dancing, but that isn't dancing.   And someone needs to tell her to put some fucking clothes on. She does not look good!  No one wants to look at all that fat!!  If I had been a diner at that restaurant, and suddenly Whitney shows up, nearly naked and shaking sweat all over the place, I would have left, bill unpaid.  Her parents and friends need to do an intervention...nothing about this is "fabulous".

• Love 9
15 hours ago, DNR said:

NYC subways also have about 5 million stairs( with tons of rushed New Yorkers who will not appreciate getting trapped behind slow moving Twit)..... Good luck Twit. I predict LOTS of hailing of cabs

Yes! I made the mistake of visiting my bro in NYC in the summer, (I usually go in the fall) and walking up and down the subway stairs and sweating like a beast was killer, my bro and his girlfriend couldn't understand what I was bitching about because the locals just skip down and practically run up the stairs, don't look down at the stairs and don't hold on to the railing or anything! New Yorkers are pretty fit people in general, and I noticed the great legs most of the women there have because of the constant walking and stair climbing! I can pretty much guarantee that Whit will not be using public transportation while she is there!. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

I agree 100% on this. I had an endocrine imbalance as a teenager that left me with facial hair that I can't do anything about except remove it. It's not anything that I'm ashamed of since it was completely out of my control, but it has lead to some mortifying moments (like when a boyfriend noticed it). There's plenty to rag on Whitney about in regards to her behavior and her delusions about how her weight is affecting her life (and the influence it has on her followers). We don't need to go here.

• Love 2

It seems pretty obvious that MBFFL is going to be renewed for a 5th season, so I have an idea for a story arc that could be maintained over the entire season. (Pay attention, MBFFL scriptwriters; we know you're lurking in this forum.)

Whitney becomes a sumo wrestler!

Think about it. She won't have to pretend any more that she's trying to lose weight; in fact, she could probably stand to gain a few pounds. She can eat all -- and everything -- she wants without hiding. She can wear even less clothing than she does now. Her movement is limited to a small circle where all she does is lift a leg now & then. (Pretty much what she does now & calls it "dance.") And she can continue to think of herself as athletic. It's perfect for her!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

Another interesting tidbit, if you go watch MRL fb live for today, Maney makes a comment about the dance battle (somewhere around the 17 min mark) Think it is safe to say it probably won't happen thru their radio show. 

Heh. I've fb stalked him too. I remain convinced the Amanda he hangs out with is Whitney's Amanda. 

Took a listen to the MRL clip you were talking about...holy hell Maney is so over her shit! Yeah it doesn't sound like they're very interested in having much to do with round 2. And jesus does he have her number or what?!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, skippy said:

I have to say this:  Whitney's life is not fabulous.  She's morbidly obese and suffers from all the ills that come with that.  She's weak and out of breath most of the time.  She must eat fattening food all the time, and in large quantities in order to maintain that weight.  She can't dance!!  She moves her feet and arms a little, jiggles a lot, and she calls it dancing, but that isn't dancing.   And someone needs to tell her to put some fucking clothes on. She does not look good!  No one wants to look at all that fat!!  If I had been a diner at that restaurant, and suddenly Whitney shows up, nearly naked and shaking sweat all over the place, I would have left, bill unpaid.  Her parents and friends need to do an intervention...nothing about this is "fabulous".

Boy, this is saying it like it is. 

You know, one does not have to be perfect. But, one should pick clothes that work on your body and actually make you look better.  Complement  the good things and minimize the bad things. I will never understand why people with arms the size of hams go sleeveless.  My arms have never gotten as big as hers and I would never dream of wearing a sleeveless top.  It's unattractive  and unflattering. Having her gut hanging out all the time is also attractive and unflattering. When she wears proper clothes, even at her weight, she looks pretty. So is she choosing those clothes or are they "costuming" her? If they are giving her those clothes to wear as her costume, they are deliberately making her as unattractive as possible. 

Edited by Kid

This episode was really boring. Everything about Whitney's dancing has always been boring, but it seems they have ramped up the focus on it this season. I miss the days when they were staging fake funerals or even going to the beach in a bikini for the first time. Can you even believe that there was once a time when Whitney felt self-conscious about showing her bare flesh in public???

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Well i honeslty didn't think MRL was gonna show up but they did. I guess it is safe to say they aren't filming MBFFL right now either. 

IMG_4399.PNG

IMG_4400.PNG

"Radio Fam . . . and Whitney". Heh.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, scoopski potata said:

Took a listen to the MRL clip you were talking about...holy hell Maney is so over her shit! Yeah it doesn't sound like they're very interested in having much to do with round 2. And jesus does he have her number or what?!

Can one of you give a summary of it in Whitney's individual thread?

• Love 1
On 3/29/2017 at 9:38 AM, AZChristian said:

As much as I enjoy snarking on this show, I haven't actually watched a full episode in a couple of seasons.  Last night, though, I tuned in out of curiosity to see the fake belly dance scenes.  We caught the first part of the episode, when Whitney was sitting on the bleachers while Todd's kickball team was playing.  I said to Mr. AZC, "Does she look like 350 pounds to you?"  He responded, "She looks to me like someone to whom  Dr. Now (My 600-Pound Life) would say, 'Vitney, what is your eating habit?  Go lose 50 pounds in da next mont, and maybe we can approve you for veight-loss surgery.'"

She really is getting into his territory.  

You forgot:

Dr. Now: "Who buys the food? You are her enablers!"

[Camera pans to Buddy looking guilty and Glen looking embarrassed.]

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Can one of you give a summary of it in Whitney's individual thread?

Wait there is an individual thread? I didn't know this. Is that where these type of post should go? Sorry. Still a newbie. 

Edited by AmyB
Typo
1 minute ago, AmyB said:

Wait there is an individual thread? I didn't know this. Is that where these type of post should go? Sorry. Still a newbie. 

Yeah, I don't understand that either & I'd like to see the MLR summary here.

3 minutes ago, Dot said:

Um, well, I'll just be a maverick and do it and if a mod thinks it's out of line, please correct me! Until then, I'm gonna claim newbie ignorance and beg your mercy if I'm out of line and too far off topic here! 

Basically Maney said that no matter what the result was, Whitney would be unhappy with it and they weren't gonna go through the trouble of setting all that up again just for her to ultimately be unhappy yet again regardless of the result.

Which is par for the course for Whitney. No matter if things go her way or not, she finds some way to complain or be dissatisfied with whatever it is. Like immediately after Jiya agreed to a rematch, Whitney was like "oh shit now I've got to actually do some work again..." Just terminally complainy-pants.

• Love 9

She's gotta complain so that viewers think she's under a lot of stress so when she wins, it looks like it was a big victory. If she reacted to things appropriately, we would realize that her biggest worry in life is for her Zumba class to beat some other Zumba class that teased them because they didn't get low enough.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

All T all shade, I want to know exactly how long Whitney "werked out" with the class. I'll put the over-under at 5 minutes.

I figured someone would post a video. It's a short one, but she is barely moving. Just observing pretty much like we'd expect. ‪

edit: the guy in the blue kiss shirt is one of the interns (forgot his name but he does the fb live stuff) he is videoing too so hopefully it's posted to their pages later. 

Edited by AmyB
Update
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

If she reacted to things appropriately, we would realize that her biggest worry in life is for her Zumba class to beat some other Zumba class that teased them because they didn't get low enough.

BWAH!

I think Whitney THINKS her life is the movie "You Got Served," when it's really more like "bitter women at the senior chair yoga class at Shady Pines."

• Love 6
On 3/29/2017 at 8:39 AM, ClareWalks said:

It was me! I'm  glad it brings others the joy it brings me ;)

I haven't watched the whole episode yet (my son wanted to watch Mickey instead, and of course I HAPPILY agreed), but I've seen about half. I stopped it right after Whitney said to her cousin, "did you tell me this because you don't want to see me again?" WHAT? What kind of question is that? Is she saying she WOULD want to see him again? Is she saying she wouldn't want to know he is her cousin if they had a romantic connection? Is she saying she wants HIM to want to date HER, even if they ARE cousins? It was a really fucked up question and there is no way to even answer it. I have no idea how he does answer it (Mickey is still on), but I would say "uh, yeah, I don't want to see you again, are you kidding? Why WOULD I want to date my cousin?"

My husband was getting ready for work and just saying "ew. Ew. EW." at Whitney walking around everywhere in a sports bra and leggings and nothing else. The sad thing is she looks decent when she puts some fucking clothes on, like this second date with her cousin, LOLOL. Sorry, guys, I am just tickled by the fact that every storyline on this show is calibrated for maximum humiliation, and everyone except Whitney (and her delusional fans) is in on it.

Oh, and I was glad Jiya pointed out that Whitney also interpreted the rules of the dance battle badly when she hired a friggin' outside choreographer. At least Jiya used child dancers that she actually teaches.

She also said her friend Donna was giving her a "senshul massage" in an earlier episode. There is no way this is a regional accent, right? Whitney is just a fucking moron, right? I mean, I studied linguistic anthropology with a particular interest in regional diction but holy fuck, I have never heard anyone pronounce "sensual" or "sensuous" with fewer than 3 syllables each.

She meant "Are you lying about this, because you don't want to see me again?" Not that she would still date him even though they're cousins.

On 3/29/2017 at 2:48 PM, ClareWalks said:

"My giddyup is hitching even more than usual today! Aren't I FAAABULOUS?"

When I see that "I have a hitch in my giddyup" expression it reminds me of Mom.  She says that a lot.

5 minutes ago, Honey said:

She meant "Are you lying about this, because you don't want to see me again?" Not that she would still date him even though they're cousins.

Yeah, I thought that might be what she meant, but I wondered why she would even ask that since she clearly said she wasn't interested in him and felt no spark. So why would she care if he was "lying to get out of a date?"

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, I thought that might be what she meant, but I wondered why she would even ask that since she clearly said she wasn't interested in him and felt no spark. So why would she care if he was "lying to get out of a date?"

It's okay for her to be uninterested, it's not okay for him to be uninterested.

She's a weirdo.

• Love 7

Whitney could easily get a doctor to give her a handicap placard or plate. All she would have to say is that she has trouble walking more then 100 feet because of her weight/knees.  Whitney seems like she avoids doctors when she can and certainly does not like to admit anything is wrong so I have a hard time believing she would ask for a handicap plate because that would be admitting a problem related to being overweight. 

I have a handicap placard. It is due to a heart/vascular/kidney condition and I refused to take one from my doctor for a long time. Then my doctor saw me fall with my child in a parking lot during Christmas when I had to park way in the back and he made me take the placard. I have learned never to judge who parks in a handicap spot. While I know there are cheaters, like my neighbors grandson who drives her car and parks in a handicap spot, people can look healthy and young and be sick. I live in a city with lots of retirees and one of the first times I used my handicap placard a retiree screamed at me, saying I was too good looking and I shouldn't park there. I  showed him my heart monitor (my resting pulse was over 180) and my picc line and left the parking lot crying. Then a few weeks later I saw another senior yelling at a mom for taking a handicap space, and her husband was livid and explained she had terminal stage 4 cancer and just wanted to take her daughter shopping for her birthday and this was a huge deal to be out of the house.

As for the cousin thing, something is very off on the "storyline" or edit. Who would not ask how are we related? A second cousin would be close enough that whoever his mom or dad was should be someone Whitney or her parents heard of. Also if Nathan consented to be filmed, it is hard to believe he had not heard his cousin had a tv show? My husband comes from a huge Utah family. There are hundreds of first cousins, I could not count second cousins. We bump into cousins he never knew a few times a year. An example, we bought a mattress and the store owner saw my husband's name and we found out his wife was my husband's first cousin. We sat and chatted about a few relatives we knew and about his grandmother that had died. We didn't expect the cousin to be our new BFF or even a discount but it is just polite to make a bit of small talk and find out how you are related and catch up a bit.  Also Whitney did not ask her mom and dad about how they were related? She tells her parents when she kisses a girl, the pregnancy scare, but does not say I met my second cousin on my last date? If he were truly her second cousin, there would have been a whole scene with her parents.

Count me as one that does not want another dance battle. After Whitney agrees no outside help, she takes a class from one of the judges and wants to use it in the next battle? I guess Whitney s going to be the winner wither way. Either the other group says no to the rematch and she will say they knew they couldn't beat her fair and square or they have another contest and she wins.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

Whitney could easily get a doctor to give her a handicap placard or plate. All she would have to say is that she has trouble walking more then 100 feet because of her weight/knees.  Whitney seems like she avoids doctors when she can and certainly does not like to admit anything is wrong so I have a hard time believing she would ask for a handicap plate because that would be admitting a problem related to being overweight. 

I have learned never to judge who parks in a handicap spot. While I know there are cheaters...

Twit's sole income depends on her pretense that a morbidly obese woman of some 350+ pounds can be fit though fat. Of course, a doctor would give her a DP placard; I've said that upthread. She IS disabled at her weight. However, her NOT having a DP placard & still parking in a handicapped space is fraud & I reiterate my hope she gets caught & pays a huge fine.

I am going to be watching the Extra Fab next week very closely. If the MBFFL camera focused briefly on the handicapped sign to indicate where she is parking, I missed it. And that would be another indication of how much the MBFFL crew hates her, that they would call her out for her being a cheat.

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Totally agree. 

Through Facebook, I found out I have a brother. My mom was on a neighboring county's historical society's page and some guy got on there and posted a picture of a man. He wrote, "This is my dad. I have never met him and don't know his name but I know he's from that county. Does anyone know him?" My mom called me and was like, "Uh...you might have a brother."

We haven't met yet, were hoping to in a few weeks, but we've talked on the phone a lot. I was totally excited about it. We're the same age and have a TON in common. We've both spent our entire lives feeling like something was missing. And I FB stalked the hell out of him. 

Twit is an idiot and judgemental as all get out abt her date/second cousin. Incredibly immature. 

There is a new book out by actor Andrew McCarthy, called Lets Fly Away, abt a young teen who discovers she has a half-sibling across town. McCarthy has been doing the talk show circuit and says now  people frequently  tell him that they have found out abt another sibling heretofore unknown.  

Twit's dad is a wimp for not putting his foot down abt her exhibitionism --when he's around.  Seriously, put on clothes Twit. The sheet thing is still appalling to me. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit's sole income depends on her pretense that a morbidly obese woman of some 350+ pounds can be fit though fat. Of course, a doctor would give her a DP placard; I've said that upthread. She IS disabled at her weight.

I think her main source of income is her folks.  I can see where the money's from, what I can't figure is what she does with her time.
OK, I'm old and retired, and so watch too many shows like this, but when I was her age, I had a good job, and friends, and a life.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, AmyB said:

8 hours ago, Dot said:

I was referring to the Whitney thread. THIS thread is about this particular episode. Whitney has her own thread where we can post general topics about her that aren't episode specific. 

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I was referring to the Whitney thread. THIS thread is about this particular episode. Whitney has her own thread where we can post general topics about her that aren't episode specific. 

Yeah, but when you say that I -- and I suspect others -- don't know what you mean. It wasn't until OnceSane gave the location of Whitney's "own thread" that I knew what it was actually named.

3 hours ago, Dot said:

Yeah, but when you say that I -- and I suspect others -- don't know what you mean. It wasn't until OnceSane gave the location of Whitney's "own thread" that I knew what it was actually named.

Yea I was not aware that was actually her individual thread but makes sense now :p. Gotta make sure I book mark that one cuz I got tons to share later :)  

Just to set the record straight Greensboro like most cities its size and larger requires a filming permit for a production on the scale of Whit's show and because for some reason cities think filming is so valuable if they have the permit they can pretty do whatever they want including things like parking illegally or generally being a public nuisance in a way that would otherwise be illegal. Around a year ago a production company erected a 9 story tall light right outside of my 9th story window that I am not kidding was designed to simulate the sun. It was there until after 12AM causing significant disturbance to myself and my neighbors. They also blocked access to our parking garage without permission In any other circumstance this would be completely illegal but it was fine because they had a filming permit. And actually they did break the law because they were required to provide us notice which they did not do probably because they knew that if were notified we would throw a fit about it and the permit would have been yanked because we have a lot of sway at city hall. For that my understanding is they just got told don't do it again and please keep filming here.

Whit parking in the handicapped parking spot makes her look bad which I am fine with but in reality there was a film crew there with a filming permit, they had rented the facility or had exclusive use of it for free in exchange for promotion and had at least one off duty police officer to control the scene. We all know this isn't reality but her parking in that spot from a legal standpoint was no more not OK than a character doing it with a fake placard in a Hollywood movie.

Edited by John M
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, AmyB said:

Yea I was not aware that was actually her individual thread but makes sense now :p. Gotta make sure I book mark that one cuz I got tons to share later :)  

Actually, since MLR were talking about their appearance in MBFFL where they OK'd sponsoring another dance battle, it seems to me to be relevant to THIS thread.

37 minutes ago, Dot said:

Actually, since MLR were talking about their appearance in MBFFL where they OK'd sponsoring another dance battle, it seems to me to be relevant to THIS thread.

OnceSane (the mod here) has posted a few guidelines about staying on topic, and while we sometimes break off a tangent (lord knows I am also guilty), we try to keep it fairly organized. It just makes things easier to find. So speculation-type things or stuff found out from social media would go in the Whitney thread because it didn't happen in this particular episode (even if it follows a related storyline). Hope this helps! I know we have some new folks from the IMDB boards and it is tough to keep everything straight!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Getting a placard or plate is ridiculously easy and I'm willing to bet she's had one for a while and asked for it. I'm wondering about that scene at Will's gym where he confronted her in the parking lot. She was right near the door there as well. I have a friend who has one because she claims a "fatigue" syndrome. It's something that can't be tested for, only self-reported. Personally, I think she's gotten some doctor to agree that laziness is a disability. Twit strikes me as very similar. She's always talking about how busy she is (fake "job", fake dance class, etc.) and presents as a super morbidly obese  patient. Her BMI is greater than 50 at 65.85 assuming she is 360lbs. She doesn't seem to ever be too motivated to do anything for herself, preferring to let others do for her (even in this episode, she's frequently shown sitting down). She's talked before about how she can't walk far without her knees hurting. Even her excessive sweating shows that her body is working very hard just to get her around. I think she'd never let it be filmed that she got a placard, and it's probably why she doesn't have a plate, but I think she's definitely got one and has been using it for a long time. It should have been a wake up call that it was time to do something different.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Tosia said:

Twit's dad is a wimp for not putting his foot down abt her exhibitionism --when he's around.  Seriously, put on clothes Twit. The sheet thing is still appalling to me. 

She's a grown woman in her 30s.  Her father has nothing to say about what she does or doesn't do.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, John M said:

Whit parking in the handicapped parking spot makes her look bad which I am fine with but in reality there was a film crew there with a filming permit, they had rented the facility or had exclusive use of it for free in exchange for promotion and had at least one off duty police officer to control the scene. We all know this isn't reality but her parking in that spot from a legal standpoint was no more not OK than a character doing it with a fake placard in a Hollywood movie.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that Whitney deprived a handicapped person of a parking spot on this particular occasion.  Rather, this incident demonstrates that Whitney is most likely the type of person would, does, and has done so.  Regardless of whether Production reserved the whole parking lot or the whole block, most people would probably avoid pulling into the handicap parking spots, out of habit if nothing else.  

Which begs the bigger question of why we were shown this.  Seeing Whitney pull up, park and walk into the place added nothing to the substance of that scene.  But my recollection is that they made a point of highlighting that she was taking a handicap parking spot.  Either she did that on her own, and Production included it because they don't like her.  Or Production told her to park there, and then used it make her look bad, in which case they really don't like her.

• Love 2

She's a grown woman in her 30s.  Her father has nothing to say about what she does or doesn't do.

No, but when she is dressed in a way that he finds inappropriate he could remove himself, explain that he is uncomfortable with how she is dressed and that he will return when she wears something more modest e.g. not a sheet over her naked body. He could even have asked to see her belly dancing costume and excuse himself from attending the activity.

Yeah, weird as all get out that her parents go to all of her events and lavish praise on her.

• Love 6