Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Belly Up

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Ok, please don't anyone take this the wrong way. Todd runs like the stereotype of a gay guy.

Todd does everything like the stereotype of a gay guy.

Regarding the pronunciation of "sensuous", WTF with her taking out an entire syllable?  Is she just calling attention to herself as usual?  I believe she doesn't know how to pronounce this word like I believe she doesn't know Nathan is her relative.  Babs probably put him up to the stunt.  I think Babs is behind a lot of the so-called plots on this show.

• Love 3

Did I hear Whit say she studied and has experience in jazz, ballet, hip hop? What the what? Maybe in kindergarten.  I hope she was kidding. 

I was expecting to see Whit and her parents discussing her "cousin date" and asking them for more background on this guy and if they knew who he was, etc.. but we got nothing. That sure went away in a hurry. Whit's disgust and her running out the door was so juvenile. It's not like they had sex or anything. I would have stayed and asked him more questions, they could have ended up as friends, especially if they really were related in some way.  

Can't wait to see the New York episode. You have to do a shitload of walking when in NYC. It wears me out every time I visit and I'm not any where near Whit's size. It should be interesting. 

• Love 11

By the way, I don't know about anybody else on this forum, but I found that belly dance instructor's constant reference to the body as "meat" offensive.  Women have been struggling for years to not be considered a piece of meat. Now, does she do this all the time or is it only Whitney's body that she refers to as a meat?  

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8

Also, they showed promos for next week. And her comment when she got into her tiff with Todd  about how wonderful his life was living in that fit, nice looking body, made my blood pressure go through the roof! Her body is in the state it is in because of her choices and her actions! And, yes, the PCOS may make it hard to stay slim or to lose weight, but that body is a result of  consuming thousands of calories a day.  Even with PCOS she would not weigh that much if she ate 1200 cal a day,  for example.  

Edited by Kid
  • Love 15

I thought this episode was rather boring &  dozed off a few times but didn't miss anything. Everything was so predictable.

The way Twit acted made me feel really bad for Nathan.  She leaned far away from him the whole time they were talking like he had the plague.  If anyone should have leaned away, it should have been Nathan last week after having to dance with her sweaty body.  I think he at least expected her to stay to go thru the museum by the way he was standing at the end.  Why else would he have met her there rather than telling her over the phone or meeting her at a park bench?

I'd be pissed too that new girl Twit got chosen to dance.  They even had to have a 5X large size costume made especially for her.  Did Twit pay for it? (Ha ha, I know who paid!)  I agree the camera men like to make fun of her.  There was one side view of her where the skirt was hiked up in the back from going over her butt wing. Then it angled harshly down to the front where it had settled under her stomach roll.  Very becoming.  And yes, thank God for her spandex shorts. 

Like others, I'm getting tired of her parents showing up at every thing she does.  Friends are one thing, even tho this time it seemed Buddy wasn't very interested & was glad there was food.   I know they do it to support her but she isn't 5 anymore & i don't think they need to attend her every function. Then they have to exclaim how great she was, no matter what.  Hunter looked like he was over the whole thing as he walked in.  

Her "hitch in her giddy up" was definitely noticeable when she walked out of the dance room to get her costume.(i can't say it enough how much I love that line in describing her gait.) Thanks ClareWalks, I think it was from you : )

• Love 11
7 hours ago, LookABird said:

"I don't like to do anything half-assed"  and  "I'm naturally sen-shus"

Two phrases which will live in infamy.

I've never heard that word (sen-shus) before last night. Is that supposed to read, "sensuous"? The grammar-cop in me wants to vomit.  Does she think that's cute?

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Kid said:

By the way, I don't know about anybody else on this forum, but I found that belly dance instructor's constant reference to the body as "meat."  Women have been struggling for years to not be considered a piece of meat. Now, does she do this all the time or is it only Whitney's body that she refers to as a meat?  

Meat. Such disgusting pictures that paints for me.  Maybe the instructor is a closet cannibal.

• Love 3

Hunter looked like he was over the whole thing as he walked in.  

I think Hunter was beyond being over this circus. He looked absolutely mortified in every shot. I am sure that the editors don't like her. Why else would they repeat the "senshus" clip over and over?

Wait, she had to dance choreography she had barely learned in front of a huge crowd? Hypocritical much? First, she agreed to do it second, BGDC participants may have known they had signed up for a tv show but I doubt they were looking for a parade, a demo at the NFF  or a dance battle.

• Love 3

I thought the Belly-Dance Instructor had a weird way of saying it, but I think her point was that you can do belly dancing even if you have "meat on your bones", so to speak.  In fact, she tried to emphasize that it actually helps.  Essentially, she's trying to convey the message that Whitney fails to miserably at conveying.

Which reminded me of another little thing.  Whitney started whining "will the people at the restaurant be upset that a 'fat girl' is belly dancing?" (or words to that effect).  

[pause before I get to my point: Isn't that diametrically opposed to the "No B.S." message Whitney purports to champion?  So, either she doesn't practice what she grifts, or she fakes this insecurity to look faux-humble.  Either way, not a good look]

Back to my point: the Instructor starts giving Whitney a body-positive pep-talk (the kind Whitney purports to be the spokesperson for!), and as she's saying "and people that don't like it . . . " Whitney interrupts her and says "can go fuck themselves (or fuck off)".

How fucking vulgar.

I take a back seat to no one when it comes to profanity.  But, she's basically just met this woman, and this woman just offered her a job working with her.  And Whitney's talking like she's at the bar with her barnacles.  It's no wonder she's still a failure in her mid-30's and sponging off her parents.

Point the Second: I wasn't impressed with Whitney's "belly-dancing" at the restaurant at all.  I didn't see anything that anyone with no experience couldn't have pulled off after three lessons (including a private one-on-one lesson).  For someone with all of this "professional training" in "ballet, and jazz, and modern, and tap, and hip hop" I would've expected much more from Whitney.

Instead, she basically used her blubber to mask the fact that she was actually barely moving at all.  It was like bumping a bowl of jello.  All spring-action momentum.  No actual controlled movement.  She does the same thing in the few reps we see her do at the gym.  For someone who claims to have all of this training in how to move and control her body, she has absolutely awful form at every type of movement we've seen her do.

Finally, someone needs to explain to Whitney the difference between "getting inspiration" and "ripping off other people's routines".

Edited by Alapaki
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Her "hitch in her giddy up" was definitely noticeable when she walked out of the dance room to get her costume.(i can't say it enough how much I love that line in describing her gait.) Thanks ClareWalks, I think it was from you : )

It was me! I'm  glad it brings others the joy it brings me ;)

I haven't watched the whole episode yet (my son wanted to watch Mickey instead, and of course I HAPPILY agreed), but I've seen about half. I stopped it right after Whitney said to her cousin, "did you tell me this because you don't want to see me again?" WHAT? What kind of question is that? Is she saying she WOULD want to see him again? Is she saying she wouldn't want to know he is her cousin if they had a romantic connection? Is she saying she wants HIM to want to date HER, even if they ARE cousins? It was a really fucked up question and there is no way to even answer it. I have no idea how he does answer it (Mickey is still on), but I would say "uh, yeah, I don't want to see you again, are you kidding? Why WOULD I want to date my cousin?"

My husband was getting ready for work and just saying "ew. Ew. EW." at Whitney walking around everywhere in a sports bra and leggings and nothing else. The sad thing is she looks decent when she puts some fucking clothes on, like this second date with her cousin, LOLOL. Sorry, guys, I am just tickled by the fact that every storyline on this show is calibrated for maximum humiliation, and everyone except Whitney (and her delusional fans) is in on it.

Oh, and I was glad Jiya pointed out that Whitney also interpreted the rules of the dance battle badly when she hired a friggin' outside choreographer. At least Jiya used child dancers that she actually teaches.

1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

I've never heard that word (sen-shus) before last night. Is that supposed to read, "sensuous"? The grammar-cop in me wants to vomit.  Does she think that's cute?

She also said her friend Donna was giving her a "senshul massage" in an earlier episode. There is no way this is a regional accent, right? Whitney is just a fucking moron, right? I mean, I studied linguistic anthropology with a particular interest in regional diction but holy fuck, I have never heard anyone pronounce "sensual" or "sensuous" with fewer than 3 syllables each.

• Love 9

As someone who loves belly dancing and studied it for quite a few years, I was enraged at how casually they allowed Whitless to steal the spotlight at the performance. I've said it here before - it's not a dance form that gets a whole lot of respect because people just think that we're shaking our tummies and waving our arms around, but it takes months and years to become really proficient in all the nuances. Not to mention learning to give real impact (physically and emotionally) in our performances.

So yeah, I'm calling total bullshit that the judge from the dance battle who's running this class not only invites Whitney to join her class, but decides after only one or two lessons that she's good enough to feature in a paid performance venue. It's incredibly disrespectful to the serious students who did put in the classroom hours and have to share their stage with someone who joined in because the tv show paid for her to be there. And of course they just happened to have a costume ready for her to wear, even though there is no one in the class nearly as big as she is. A teacher might have things like a spare set of zils or a few hip scarves for new students, but not whole costumes.

When I performed with my class, I had my own costume that I paid for with my money and was made specifically to fit me perfectly. A good belly dancing costume will be made to highlight the dancer's body and have flow and movement. There are all these little elements like tassels and hanging beads or coins to help show off the dancer's movements and give them some oomph. Whitney's was cheap looking and clung to her body rather than moved and flow. It looked like a cheap practice costume and not something that you'd wear for a public performance. 

And as for her dance ability, what little she did wasn't totally awful but it was very, very basic. As in the kind of things you'd be learning in your first few classes. Despite Bab's comments about her "abilities", there were no isolations of her body and her traveling steps were just basically walking slowly while shimmying her shoulders. There was barely anything to her performance. No real undulations or hip drops or turns. And what a coincidence... her skirt just falls off her. Not like we're going to remember her joking about having a Janet Jackson type wardrobe malfunction before the performance. That's wasn't planned at all. 

The rest of the episode was a total snore. Another dance battle? Who cares? Whitney was related to her date? Meh. The only thing vaguely interesting was the promo for next week - looks like one of the barnacles is getting tired of existing as nothing more than Whiney's cheerleader and seems to be rebelling. That should be fun.

• Love 16
28 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I thought the Belly-Dance Instructor had a weird way of saying it, but I think her point was that you can do belly dancing even if you have "meat on your bones", so to speak.  In fact, she tried to emphasize that it actually helps.  Essentially, she's trying to convey the message that Whitney fails to miserably at conveying.

A little extra weight around the tummy definitely makes the movements look better. I'm not a fan of totally toned dancers with rock hard abs because you lose a lot of the subtleties of the dance moves. It just looks nicer (to me) if the dancer has a bit of surface softness. It's a great dance for women who aren't especially thin and helps build up a lot of strength in the core, as well as confidence. 

31 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Instead, she basically used her blubber to mask the fact that she was actually barely moving at all.  It was like bumping a bowl of jello.  All spring-action momentum.  No actual controlled movement.  She does the same thing in the few reps we see her do at the gym.  For someone who claims to have all of this training in how to move and control her body, she has absolutely awful form at every type of movement we've seen her do.

BINGO! A bit of extra flesh will give the movements a lot of interesting dimension, but there has to be some movement! Wiggling your butt and waving your arms is not belly dancing! Arghh!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

NOWHERE, we laugh at her because she thinks SHE"S A PROFESSIONAL DANCER and she ain't. Nowhere NEAR a professional. Plus, if TLC can't find another weird dance for her to do, they need to just let it go and give up.  I predict we'll be seeing Whitney on "MY 600 lb LIFE" next.

As much as I enjoy snarking on this show, I haven't actually watched a full episode in a couple of seasons.  Last night, though, I tuned in out of curiosity to see the fake belly dance scenes.  We caught the first part of the episode, when Whitney was sitting on the bleachers while Todd's kickball team was playing.  I said to Mr. AZC, "Does she look like 350 pounds to you?"  He responded, "She looks to me like someone to whom  Dr. Now (My 600-Pound Life) would say, 'Vitney, what is your eating habit?  Go lose 50 pounds in da next mont, and maybe we can approve you for veight-loss surgery.'"

She really is getting into his territory.  

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

When I performed with my class, I had my own costume that I paid for with my money and was made specifically to fit me perfectly. A good belly dancing costume will be made to highlight the dancer's body and have flow and movement. There are all these little elements like tassels and hanging beads or coins to help show off the dancer's movements and give them some oomph. Whitney's was cheap looking and clung to her body rather than moved and flow. It looked like a cheap practice costume and not something that you'd wear for a public performance. 

And as for her dance ability, what little she did wasn't totally awful but it was very, very basic. As in the kind of things you'd be learning in your first few classes. Despite Bab's comments about her "abilities", there were no isolations of her body and her traveling steps were just basically walking slowly while shimmying her shoulders. There was barely anything to her performance. No real undulations or hip drops or turns.

You could really tell the difference the way the other two dancers' used their costumes and how the costumes moved with them, and . . . what we saw from Whitney.  

Also, when the Instructor demonstrated the sword routine, it looked like she kept her arms right about at shoulder height (which makes sense because of how the sword is dangling).  But Whitney was flailing her arms up over her head the whole time.  That seems like such a basic thing to have not picked up over the course of 3 rehearsals. 

• Love 5

She looked so damned sloppy during the performance. Her hair looks like it hasn't been washed in days, no real makeup... she just threw that cheap costume on and called it a day. After so many years of dancing and performing in a variety of venues, I would have been mortified to go out there looking the way she did. There was no thought or care in her appearance and she just went in "half-assed" the way she always does. I never stepped a foot on stage without my costume being done properly and a full face of makeup on, along with appropriate jewelry and accessories.

Most performing belly dancers have either long hair, wear a hairpiece to make them look like they have long hair, or hide their hair with a veil or turban. Covering her hair would have looked a lot better than Whitney's unwashed, unbrushed mess.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

As much as I enjoy snarking on this show, I haven't actually watched a full episode in a couple of seasons.  Last night, though, I tuned in out of curiosity to see the fake belly dance scenes.  We caught the first part of the episode, when Whitney was sitting on the bleachers while Todd's kickball team was playing.  I said to Mr. AZC, "Does she look like 350 pounds to you?"  He responded, "She looks to me like someone to whom  Dr. Now (My 600-Pound Life) would say, 'Vitney, what is your eating habit?  Go lose 50 pounds in da next mont, and maybe we can approve you for veight-loss surgery.'"

It was really shocking to me how huge she looked in that scene. I don't normally comment on her weight because she's such a repulsive person for so many bigger reasons but during that scene I commented to Mr Gala that her thigh is bigger than my waist! She's gotten so big she can barely move without gasping and sweating. So fabulous. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I stopped it right after Whitney said to her cousin, "did you tell me this because you don't want to see me again?" WHAT? What kind of question is that? Is she saying she WOULD want to see him again? Is she saying she wouldn't want to know he is her cousin if they had a romantic connection? Is she saying she wants HIM to want to date HER, even if they ARE cousins? It was a really fucked up question and there is no way to even answer it. I have no idea how he does answer it (Mickey is still on), but I would say "uh, yeah, I don't want to see you again, are you kidding? Why WOULD I want to date my cousin?"

I dunno, it sounds icky but also they are second cousins maybe even further removed so it's not like it counts as incest. Plus they didn't even kiss, you can turn down the histrionics and maybe just enjoy the museum with your cousin. Oh also the date was totally fake from the beginning.

And let's get real here, Whit is so desprate that she would date a first cousin if he or she showed any interest in her.

• Love 11

So Twit goes to ONE practice (more about that later), and the teacher is SO impressed that she offers Twit a place in a PAID dance performance right then and there.  A performance that's in ONE week.  Yeah.  Right.  Now pull the other one - it has bells!  And the dance class happens to just find a costume that will fit Twit in less than a week.  Bet that's the first time Twit's "girls" have been incased in anything resembling a bra in YEARS.  And I agree with the rest of y'all regarding Twit's fear of appearing in front of her dad in that costume - guuuurrrrrrlll, please!  Have a seat.  In fact, have several of them (just one won't hold that butt of yours).  Your dad was a witness to your boob massage by Donna.  In which everyone was mic'ed up and cameras were already in position, so it wasn't a surprise to anyone.

So how long does anyone else think Twit has really been "studying" belly dance?  Based on what we saw last night, I'd say she's been practicing for about 6 months or more.  I think it would take her at least that long to learn those basic moves.  Then they pretend that she's taking her first lesson.  Actually, considering that they're playing out this whole "Dance Battle II - Electric Redemption Tour Bugaloo", I'll say she's probably been learning on the low down for a year or more, just so she can bust a move and shame Jiya and her class.  Be prepared to be wowed.  Or not.  Probably all the BGDC has been studying for a year or more, just for this one episode to come.

Guess mom, dad and Hunter will get a paycheck this month, along with Boo Bear and Heather and the rest of the barnacles.  Gosh, I haven't seen them in YEARS!!   Wonder if the rest of the crowd at the restaurant also gets a check, or if they just got a free meal for warming those seats and making it look like there was really some other customers there.  How much do you want to bet that they just used the restaurant on a Monday (a day when most restaurants are closed) for shooting, and paid the owners for the use, just like they used the stage at the Folk Dance Festival before the festival even began?

And why was Twit so squeamish about Nathan being a distant relative?  If he's so distant that neither of them knew it, then nothing is wrong with it.  But what a handy way to end the whole dating storyline so they don't have to have a fake Lenny-type relationship again so soon.  Makes it easy to make it look like Twit is jumping back into dating and all that.  And that someone who's attractive would totally want to date her.  Too bad he didn't bother to actually read her bio, in which she stated quite clearly how attached she was to her cats, Mr. Cat Hater.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Which reminded me of another little thing.  Whitney started whining "will the people at the restaurant be upset that a 'fat girl' is belly dancing?" (or words to that effect).  

[pause before I get to my point: Isn't that diametrically opposed to the "No B.S." message Whitney purports to champion?  So, either she doesn't practice what she grifts, or she fakes this insecurity to look faux-humble.  Either way, not a good look]

Back to my point: the Instructor starts giving Whitney a body-positive pep-talk (the kind Whitney purports to be the spokesperson for!), and as she's saying "and people that don't like it . . . " Whitney interrupts her and says "can go fuck themselves (or fuck off)".

How fucking vulgar.

I take a back seat to no one when it comes to profanity.  But, she's basically just met this woman, and this woman just offered her a job working with her.  And Whitney's talking like she's at the bar with her barnacles.  It's no wonder she's still a failure in her mid-30's and sponging off her parents.

Point the Second: I wasn't impressed with Whitney's "belly-dancing" at the restaurant at all.  I didn't see anything that anyone with no experience couldn't have pulled off after three lessons (including a private one-on-one lesson).  For someone with all of this "professional training" in "ballet, and jazz, and modern, and tap, and hip hop" I would've expected much more from Whitney.

Finally, someone needs to explain to Whitney the difference between "getting inspiration" and "ripping off other people's routines".

Her personality gets uglier and uglier as the episodes roll on. 

And has she ever had an original idea? Really, swords? As someone who's moderately trained on sword (Seidokan Aikido) you'd think she would rather choose something not brand new to her--or her "class", regardless of what style she's going to use--you can tell fakers.  I'd think an MMA theme would be awesome for a dance battle, easier to accomplish and yet look tough. 

• Love 3

So I had a new book come out on the 20th. The weeks leading up to the release, and then the few weeks after, are usually really busy for me. I've only watched the past few episodes with half interest, usually half listening as I am working. This one, however, I ended up rewinding and watching twice. The bullshit was strong in this one. 

My husband lol'ed when Whitney's friends were encouraging her to date her cousin. It's the only time he has ever laughed during an episode. 

Oh, please. The owner of that dance studio just wanted Whitney to perform because it was getting her dance school some publicity. Had nothing to do with Whitney's skills. Why else would you bring in someone with zero experience? With that being said, damn girl. I've been bellydancing for 20 years. So has my mom. My mom is around 350 pounds but she has NEVER looked as greasy, sweaty, and gross as Whitney did during her performance. The two-toned hair didn't help. There are the other two women, looking fresh and vibrant, and there's Whitney-looking like she just finished rolling around in a tub of Jeri-curl. 

I can't stand the way she describes "sensuous." And uh, no girlfriend. You are NOT a sensuous person. You are confusing erotic and sensual movements and actions with your overtly-blatant, trashy, NSFW, personality. Constantly making people uncomfortable with your inappropriate sexual remarks, gyrating your ass back and forth at any given moment, and submitting your co-workers, friends, and family to blatant displays of your underclothes does not make you "sensuous." It makes you desperate. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

but she has NEVER looked as greasy, sweaty, and gross as Whitney did during her performance. The two-toned hair didn't help. There are the other two women, looking fresh and vibrant, and there's Whitney-looking like she just finished rolling around in a tub of Jeri-curl. 

Well, the dance teacher was trying to push her into spending a little bit of time to get dressed before the performance was supposed to start, but Whitless was too busy "practicing". When I was prepping for a dance recital, it would take me upwards of an hour to do hair, stage makeup and get into costume, and I would do that long before I had to hit the stage so I'd have a chance to do any run throughs that I needed before facing the audience. Whitney looked sloppy and rushed because she is sloppy and rushed. I'd be embarrassed to have her representing my class if I were that teacher. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Alapaki said:

How fucking vulgar.

Totally agree with you here. I was also taken aback. Look, I have a mouth like a sailor. I got the opportunity to hang out with Michelle Obama a few years ago and before I sailed out the door, leaving my family behind, my mother yelled, "Watch your language!" Because, you know, my family knows me. With that being said, I know how to control it. I don't curse in professional settings, to people I just met, etc. Rein that shit in. 

And also, no Whitney, they can't just go fuck themselves. Not everything has to be so dramatic. "To each their own." "Just ignore those folks." "You can't change someone's mind that doesn't want to be changed." There are lots of other things that could have been said. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I can't stand the way she describes "sensuous." And uh, no girlfriend. You are NOT a sensuous person. You are confusing erotic and sensual movements and actions with your overtly-blatant, trashy, NSFW, personality.

To phrase it as an SAT analogy, Whitney : sensuous :: Sir Mix a Lot : Barry White.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Well, the dance teacher was trying to push her into spending a little bit of time to get dressed before the performance was supposed to start, but Whitless was too busy "practicing". When I was prepping for a dance recital, it would take me upwards of an hour to do hair, stage makeup and get into costume, and I would do that long before I had to hit the stage so I'd have a chance to do any run throughs that I needed before facing the audience. Whitney looked sloppy and rushed because she is sloppy and rushed. I'd be embarrassed to have her representing my class if I were that teacher. 

I am also a dancer. I am very aware of the amount of time it takes to get ready before a performance. The only time Whitney looks fresh is when they're doing the talking heads, and my guess is that it's because they have a team of people standing by with fans, face powder, styling combs, fresh shirts, and blow dryers. 

My opinion still stands, however. She still looked like a greasy mess. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

And of course they just happened to have a costume ready for her to wear, even though there is no one in the class nearly as big as she is. A teacher might have things like a spare set of zils or a few hip scarves for new students, but not whole costumes.

That was some next level bullshit. I doubt most studios have a 5X bellydancing costume lying around.

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

He responded, "She looks to me like someone to whom  Dr. Now (My 600-Pound Life) would say, 'Vitney, what is your eating habit?  Go lose 50 pounds in da next mont, and maybe we can approve you for veight-loss surgery.'"

I heard Dr. Now's voice in my head when I read that.

• Love 9
Just now, mamadrama said:

My opinion still stands, however. She still looked like a greasy mess. 

I agree with you 100% and there was absolutely no reason for her to look that way. It's not like she showed up at the restaurant right after running a half marathon. She could have showered and done her hair and makeup at home and then arrive at the restaurant to get dressed with the rest of the girls. Bring your makeup and a hairbrush to do a quick touchup before taking the stage, but there is absolutely no excuse for her to parade herself in front of an audience who is paying for the "privilege" of seeing her and looking like you just rolled out of bed.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I'd think an MMA theme would be awesome for a dance battle, easier to accomplish and yet look tough. 

Except that even an attempt at faking MMA would require Whitney to bend her knees, something she has already shown she is loath to do. 

I was shocked when Whitney flat out said that she is now OK with dating chubby chasers, because she wants someone who is attracted to her body and her body isn't going to be changing any time soon.  I wonder what Will thinks about this unusual display of honesty?

• Love 7

I found Whitney's claim that she "never does anything half-assed" extremely ironic. She does literally EVERYTHING half-assed. From weight-loss attempts for working out to dancing to friendships to jobs to relationships to personal hygiene. She has never put her whole ass into ANYTHING, and it's not just because it wouldn't fit. She is a walking/waddling "fat and lazy" stereotype who is in massive denial about it. I have known many women who are fat and fit and successful and have their shit together. Whitney just doesn't. At all.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I found Whitney's claim that she "never does anything half-assed" extremely ironic. She does literally EVERYTHING half-assed. From weight-loss attempts for working out to dancing to friendships to jobs to relationships to personal hygiene. She has never put her whole ass into ANYTHING, and it's not just because it wouldn't fit. She is a walking/waddling "fat and lazy" stereotype who is in massive denial about it. I have known many women who are fat and fit and successful and have their shit together. Whitney just doesn't. At all.

IKR. And every episode's main purpose seems to be "How can we make Whitney look like an idiot?" yet she maintains having high standards and a strong work ethic (always wanting to "win" with little effort, etc.). It's becoming boring and isn't even funny anymore--it's like the kid at school who's picked on and pranked yet tries so, so hard to be liked and just doesn't see his/her tormentors as such. Yawn. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

She has never put her whole ass into ANYTHING

Actually, she's put her whole ass into BEING an ass, I think, when she walks around thinking the world should revolve around her.  Just like I think we'll see Todd say next week, and that people here have pointed out.  It's always "I, me and my".  Berating Glenn when he tries to bring her healthy food, and then expecting him to bring her toilet paper.  Expecting Roy to fall in love with her.  Expecting praise from Will for only eating half a giant cookie.

Only I expect that Todd will apologize on the show and make it seem like he was wrong.  Because Twit is the *Stah* of this show and a source of his paycheck.

• Love 10

I had a good laugh when Twit said she stuck out like a sore thumb in the belly dancing class because..... 'She's inexperienced' .  Yeah ok Twit. You have waaaaay less clothes on than the instructor and dammit that tiny *sports bra you insist on wearing . That gut!- Full moon! 100% illumination !!

** 'sports' bra aka the stretchy fabric twit is required to use to cover her girls cuz no way she could reach/close bra hooks. Plus twit likes to shock/attention grab hence the miles of skin showing 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, scoopski potata said:

I'm sorry, did I just see Whit park in the handicapped spot at the belly dancing studio? And I'm supposed to believe her weight doesn't affect her quality of life and everything is wonderful and fabulous. But she has a handicapped sticker because....? 

Or perhaps I didn't see what I think I saw. 

Ok, so I watched again and it wasn't super clear but there was a handicapped marker in front of the second space and she parked in the first one, but the camera made a point to zoom in on the handicapped sign showing a double ended arrow indicating two spaces are designated handicapped. So my professional opinion is that yes, she parked in a handicapped space. And no, I've never seen a placard on her car. But to give her the benefit of the doubt, it wasn't super clearly marked from what I could tell...but I mean...spaces by ramps with signs nearby...I feel like that's not a leap. I'd assume and be safe and park somewhere else anyway. 

• Love 4

There is little doubt in my mind that Whit's super morbid obesity would qualify her as disabled at this point and she could easily have handicapped plates which are blurred out anyways instead of a placard.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Nancypants said:

364 "I, ME, MINE"'s

@Nancypants did you actually sit and count Twits I ME MY's ???!!!! Ladies & Gents may I present the MVP of this episodes message board: 

NANCYPANTS!!!!!  ?

• Love 6

I didn't see the part you are talking about in parking, however, NC is very specific about what constitutes a handicapped space. It has to be CORRECTLY labeled with an official sign.  You can't just point to another spot with one sign.  If Whit violated it, then shame on her. If not, then she was not violating a handicapped space rule.http://legalbeagle.com/7421962-north-handicap-parking-space-requirements.html  

I thought this was a pretty good episode.  I liked how Whit took to belly dancing.  It seems to suit her more so than some of the more challenging dances that requires more flexibility in the lower limbs.  She has trouble with that.  I thought she was plenty self deprecating or at least very aware of her limitations and how some people might react to a person her size in their space belly dancing.  Obviously, this performance was set up in advance.  That's why the instructor and class thought Whit did great and should join in for a performance.  Not a bad storyline.  I've seen worse on the show.  

I was impressed with the sword balancing.  It doesn't look easy, so, I hand her that.  If someone hates Whit, I don't think that her swimming the English channel would impress them.  lol  I try to see the good in people and it really serves me well.

If Whit can do so well on little preparation, I wonder what she could do with LOTS of practice.  That's what I'd like to see.  Maybe, next season.  

I'm not that amused by a rematch with the dance teams.  It just looked too desperate to me.  But, no doubt, Whit's group will come to do battle and take this ONE!  The good thing is that someone's charity wins on this.  So, that's okay.  

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, scoopski potata said:

Ok, so I watched again and it wasn't super clear but there was a handicapped marker in front of the second space and she parked in the first one, but the camera made a point to zoom in on the handicapped sign showing a double ended arrow indicating two spaces are designated handicapped. So my professional opinion is that yes, she parked in a handicapped space. And no, I've never seen a placard on her car. But to give her the benefit of the doubt, it wasn't super clearly marked from what I could tell...but I mean...spaces by ramps with signs nearby...I feel like that's not a leap. I'd assume and be safe and park somewhere else anyway. 

I don't think it was a handicap spot. I don't think it is actually a parking spot at all. Google map confirmed, see the squared off space. The rest are open indicating u can park there. Where Twit parked is a closed square. Kind of funny the camera zoomed in on the handicapped sign though. On the other side the spot does have a painted handicap in the space itself. The others don't 

IMG_4384.PNG

• Love 1

I thought she parked in the space to the left of that. I remember seeing that left-most handicapped sign in front of the space to her left.

7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If someone hates Whit, I don't think that her swimming the English channel would impress them.  lol  I try to see the good in people and it really serves me well

If this bitch actually swam the English Channel (or even did a moderate workout that was longer than 45 minutes without whining and puking), I'd throw her a goddamn ticker tape parade. I am glad you are able to see the good in Whitney but my eyes ain't sharp enough, I suppose. 

• Love 7

I'll watch more carefully, if I watch this episode again.  I doubt that I will, but, if Whit parked in a properly noted handicapped space, shame on her. It's one of my pet peeves. You need a proper tag to use those spaces for sure. I do see some that seem to be one sign, but try to cover more spaces and that's not proper designation.

I don't know what Whit does in the workout dept.  It seems to me that her endurance and strength have not been what I would expect so far this season.  She's been in the gym with her trainer, she's lost weight, she's doing competition, but, I don't see much improvement in her overall abilities. That's just my take on it.  Maybe, there is something that we don't know about or maybe, her weight loss and exercise is not properly conveyed on camera.  Who knows.  It is reality tv after all.  lol But, she is moving, she is working and she is is trying to date.  

I'm still concerned about Buddy.  He appeared dog tired last night too.  I wonder what Heather things about it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

I thought the most telling indicator of Whitney's actual abilities was the 5K she did (last season? The one before?). It was the only time she has done a for-sure continuous workout, that could not have been edited together from snippets of actual work. She was complaining about her feet killing her and the hard cardio after walking less than one mile into that race. She was dry-heaving. By the time she finished in one hour (which is a pretty mediocre time, even for walking...I signed my 60-year-old mother up for a 5K without telling her in advance, and that was about her finish time), she was crying and exhausted and looked a mess. I simply do not believe that she is working hard in real life, because if she were doing real workouts then walking 5K would not have been THAT hard.

• Love 6

Okay, this is one of the many, MANY things that really bugs me about this show lately. I'm supposed to believe that this judge person just has to have Whitney come dance at her studio and, the first time she sees Whitney attempt the belly dance moves, she's so awed by Whitney's innate talent that she has to have her come perform for a paid gig at a restaurant.  Okay, great.  Sure, I believe all that.  Right.  Then I'm supposed to believe that, without any real rehearsals or set program or choreography, these three chuckleheads -- one of whom has zero experience belly dancing -- is going to show up for a paying gig and just wing it.  Okay, sure, I believe that.  Why not?  THEN I'm supposed to believe that this is an actual paying gig belly dancing for diners at a restaurant.  So, sure, I... NO!  NO!  NO!  I WON'T!  STOP IT!  This restaurant is clearly closed for business.  The women are actually changing at the frickin' bar, which would not be happening if this restaurant were open.  The "diners" all appear to be Whitney's family and friends who are seated outside, with plastic sheeting creating walls and ceilings.  THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT!  STOP TREATING ME LIKE I'M AN IDIOT!!!!

P.S.  When people talk about what a fantastic dancer Whitney is, what is it they're talking about, exactly? 

Edited by pbutler111
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

I thought the most telling indicator of Whitney's actual abilities was the 5K she did (last season? The one before?). It was the only time she has done a for-sure continuous workout, that could not have been edited together from snippets of actual work. She was complaining about her feet killing her and the hard cardio after walking less than one mile into that race. She was dry-heaving. By the time she finished in one hour (which is a pretty mediocre time, even for walking...I signed my 60-year-old mother up for a 5K without telling her in advance, and that was about her finish time), she was crying and exhausted and looked a mess. I simply do not believe that she is working hard in real life, because if she were doing real workouts then walking 5K would not have been THAT hard.

Right? We're required to do 3 miles in 45 minutes for our wildland fire pack test carrying 45 lb, no running allowed for this test. Many of us finish in under 40 minutes doing a "ranger shuffle" fast walk. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If Whit can do so well on little preparation, I wonder what she could do with LOTS of practice.  That's what I'd like to see.  Maybe, next season.  

But you see, this is exactly what Twitney WANTS you to say. And I guarantee you we will never, ever ever see her do "LOTS of practice." Because, just like anyone else, there's a chance she might fail. So she'll never even try. She'd rather have viewers saying things like the comment above and then LEAVE IT AT THAT. Because that's SAFE.

She gets praised and excused and doesn't have to do another freakin' thing. No risk of failure. No risk of exertion or other hard work. THIS is all she wants.

I am a writer and I see this constantly in the writing field - everybody wants to be published and rich, you know. They might manage to write a little bit and a few of their friends praise them to the skies and say, "Wow, think about what you could do if you finished that story!"

The "writer" spends the next 20 years or more living on the praise those few pages get them and never write another thing. But they constantly talk about how great they could be if only they could find the time!

Twitney is exactly the same way. And she's being even more vastly rewarded for failing at everything and putting in 1% effort - it's gotten her a TV show and fame and money and praise (from idiots) and more money. It should be called, "My Big Fat Fabulous Half-Assed Life." 

• Love 12

Just wondering what everyone thinks Whit’s life was like before the show.  I do think, despite the show producers trying to cast her in the most unflattering light as possible, that she does indeed have all those negative personality traits we have seen/discussed.  And because everything is really fake on this show, then what did she really have going on in her pre-show life?  Delusional about her dance abilities and her health, she does her own lazy version of dancing with visions of greatness.  It touches a chord and the video goes viral.  I’m thinking the most fabulous part of her pre-show life, was living at home and having the folks support her, giving her time to hang out with her friends.  Having essentially no life, the producers just took the ball and ran with it.  Having realized all too soon that MBFFL was not going to be a “weight loss journey” show, they just took it into the most ridiculous directions. 

And just to respond to this particular episode, I kind of thought the belly dancing could be something Whit could do despite her size, even though it does actually require using her feet and legs, which is obviously a challenge to her.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I didn't see the part you are talking about in parking, however, NC is very specific about what constitutes a handicapped space. It has to be CORRECTLY labeled with an official sign.  You can't just point to another spot with one sign.  If Whit violated it, then shame on her. If not, then she was not violating a handicapped space rule.http://legalbeagle.com/7421962-north-handicap-parking-space-requirements.html  

Well, I think you can because they do use that arrow to do that. The double ended arrow is used to indicate that the space to the left and right of the sign are handicapped spaces. All that means is that they can't just paint the wheelchair on the ground in the space and call it a day, they have to put a sign up too. But I'll check with my NC state trooper cousin just to be sure (though I've lived here my whole life so I'm pretty positive that's correct). 

But I think she actually parked in a non parking space in front of the flower bed...there was a line right down the middle of where she parked. Regardless, all of the parking spaces she could have possibly parked in (ie, all of the first spots right by the doors) are either non-spots or designated handicapped, best I can tell. Not that it really matters all that much since I'm betting they filmed that when no one else was even there just for that shot. I was just wondering if she's got a handicapped placard or plates. 

• Love 2

People who weigh A LOT have a lot more pressure and stress on their feet and knees.  I'm not in that category, but, I am heavier than I used to be when I could run 5 miles straight.  (That was my longest distance and on a treadmill. I know pretty wimpy,. but hey, I did other stuff too.  I weighed about 135 pounds and was considered really thin by most people.)  It's a lot different, even if you put on 50 pounds.   I can't even imagine running or walking for MILES when over 300 pounds.  It really does boggle the mind.  So, I don't really expect  to see Whitney pumped up for that kind of endurance challenge. What I would expect with her modest weight loss and gym workouts would be more endurance and flexibility in short dance routines, salsa dance class, etc.  I guess the most impressed that I've been this season is her climbing on the horse!  Really. Even with that stand she got on.  That couldn't have been easy.    

• Love 2

I haven't finished last night's episode yet but at the kickball scene Todd mentions going to New York and Whitney seems surprised and then mentioned how they had both gone to New York before but never together...

Todd lives in New York, I'm pretty sure he has lived in New York for the entire series or at least the last two seasons. Why does this show lie about the stupidest fucking things, things that are easy to check. Todd's facebook which he uses to promote the show says he lives in New York, it's no secret.

Is TLC really that desperate for Whit to have someone to hang out with that they feel they have to fly Todd down and pretend he lives in Greensboro and hangs out with Whit all the time?

• Love 7