Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Home Oklahoma - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Mischievious said:

Josh is the new Slade. Wanting to be a housewife 

But this isn't a housewives show and he is clearly one of the four stars of the show.

• Love 4

I enjoy the hell out of this show! I honestly LOL at some parts. I love that they tease and rib each other relentlessly but also support and genuinely seem to like each other. They seem like a blast to hang out with! 

Did they ever explain how they became friends? 

• Love 4

Also, didn't know there was even a lake near Oklahoma City.

OKlahoma City has two lakes right in the city and over 200 lakes statewide.  The lake they went to on the show is Grand Lake which is way up in the northeast part of the state - nowhere near the city.

• Love 2

Well, we now know where Jen got her love of pranking - her Mum calling Pumps about the smoking was something else.  ;-)

I usually despise man-buns, but somehow Josh's is just not that offensive to me - guess I must like him a little.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Not sure about this show yet - I watched the latest episode with Lee and Pumps and it just feels like the women are always on stage trying to be funny.

That will be what everyone dislikes about the show in season 2...

• Love 1
On 4/24/2017 at 8:11 PM, biakbiak said:

But this isn't a housewives show and he is clearly one of the four stars of the show.

Yea, in addition to being married to Jenn, he also appears to have a genuine friendship with Pumps. Both Pumps and Lee are currently single, but Jennifer is coupled, and this doesn't proclaim to be a show that focuses just on "WIVES", so I don't see an issue with him being featured on the show just as much as the women. 

• Love 2

It was great to see Jen's parents and the pigeons in this episode.  What a blast from the past and the pigeons were always fascinating. I remember her mom being fun when we were younger too.  Props to Jen for keeping her family together, she seems to genuinely love Josh, I can't imagine the crap he's put her through.  I hope he can find ways to cope without his kids eventually as they will shortly prefer to hang out with their friends vs parents.

• Love 1

Mike Tyson, the boxer, has a flock of carrier pigeons in Jersey City of all places. Seems that tough guy has a soft spot for birds (well it's a better option than trying to keep tigers lol). 

Kudos for marrying Josh 'for better or for worse' and keeping true to her vows and own self. I'd love to be at a party with these people. They understand fun doesn't come at the cost of hurting someone else. 

• Love 3
(edited)

They did divorce. I forget whether they're remarried, but if not, I'm pretty sure Jen said they planned on it at some point (after Josh got his law license back?). 

Sorry, this was spelled out in Episode 1, and I deleted the evidence. :D

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Oh gosh. Dagnabbit. 

Lets hope they can amicably co-parent.  Thank you for the information  

I still would like to have a cocktail with this crowd.

They mentioned in the first episode that they are divorced but dating/living together and have been back together as a couple for a year.

• Love 2

Too bad we didn't get to hear from the women on Andy Cohen's show. We saw them for five seconds.

It's interesting to me that Jennifer and Josh are choosing to reveal their trouble on camera. Perhaps they are trying to control the narrative on his troubled history. Despite his charisma, he appears quite ill at ease sometimes, like he's not ready for the real world.

I'm excited this series will be back in July. I love it.

• Love 4

I have no clue what the real deal is with Jen & Josh, but him calling her a possum who sleeps with one eye open, and only accepts a kiss on the cheek?  Gave me a chuckle.

Please, TPTB, do not ruin this show for me too soon - I really like it, which is usually the Kiss of Death.

• Love 10
On 4/8/2017 at 4:38 PM, Maharincess said:

I don't really think sippy cups means she's "ruining" her children nor do I think it makes her a terrible mom.  I'm sure the whole thing was played up for the cameras.   Her kids seem like good kids, not over spoiled assholes.  We only saw a few minutes with the kids, I don't think its fair to judge her parenting with that one sippy cup scene. 

It's far beyond sippy cups, and the sippy cups are just a sign of a bigger issue she's dealing with.  Her kids while obviously good children are not allowed the chance to practice independence.  They aren't allowed to fail, either.  Kids who are not given the opportunity to fail and pick up the pieces of their life struggle massively with adulthood.  She has come right out and said that she does everything for her kids because she doesn't like to see them struggle.  She does their homework for them.  Kids who have helicopter parents like that fall apart when college happens.  They do not know how to deal with adversity, they have no idea what to do when something is difficult.  They could struggle with their college exams due to not knowing the work since they don't do homework and fail before they even get into college.  If they don't know how to continue working at something instead of giving up and having mom do it because it's hard, how will they get through a tough subject and graduate college?  If one of them wants to be an attorney like mom, mom can't do their law school work for them or argue a tough case for them.  If they marry and have crappy in-laws and they have to put down serious boundaries and stand their ground otherwise their inlaws will be cruel, how can they learn to do that if mom has always fought their battles for them?  There are just examples after examples of ways these kids are going to struggle as adults if they don't struggle as children.  And that is what everyone is upset about regarding the sippy cups.  She's not letting the kids grow and learn and get their merit badges of life, she's keeping them children as long as she can.

• Love 2

I binge watched the entire series this week and it was the BEST DECISION EVER.   Absolutely laughed through the entire series.  Loved these women's relationships and their ability to rib each other and still be friends.  Not sure what I think of Josh just yet, but cannot wait for the new season to start on July 10.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, b2H said:

I hope it is a little more cohesive in the second season,

I doubt there will be any difference because I am pretty certain it was shot at the same time, they showed scenes for these next episodes when the last part ended. In fact I think it might actually be billed as a continuation of the first season and not a second season.

• Love 2

Yes. This will be a continuation. They filmed these episodes last summer.  Actually, I believe that's why Jenny didn't attend the funeral of one of our friends last july.  In hindsight, I commend her decision. Too much attention would have gone to her instead. 

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Good Lord, Monday nights are too full right now! 

(sorry about the quote box, it keeps happening to me on all threads.)

I know why you mean about Monday nights! So glad to see the Happy Horse nonsense of these women again. I pray they don't descend to the levels of pettiness and housewifery. 

• Love 4
(edited)

This show makes me so happy. I didn't even know it was coming back until I saw two new episodes show up on my DVR. 

I love Josh, he has the best personality and sense of humor, he's exactly the kind of guy I've always liked. I have never cared what a guy looks like, if he can make me laugh, I'm all in.   I hope he continues to do well in recovery. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 8

I love Josh, too.  His friendship with Pumps seems so genuine and comfortable (as do all the friendships on this lovely little show).

I also adore all the pranking on Pumps.  That spa hike was hilarious!

• Love 5
On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 7:59 PM, Duke2801 said:

Did they ever explain how they became friends? 

They mentioned during one of the new eps that Lee and Jen became friends through Roman, Jen and Josh's youngest, and one of Lee`s sons school or activities. Lee or probably Lee's ex since all the other kids appear on the show don't want them apart of it which no judgement from me on any parent making that choice for their kids.

I hate heat but I could spend a week at Jen's sisters house with her cute and mellow dogs.

I also understand they probably spliced the audio but Tubbers sharply turning his head toward Jen when they were commenting how he was on the lookout for coyotes right when they said coyotes would find him delicious still cracked me up.

• Love 4

So happy for this show to be back, I enjoy all of them from Pump to Tubbers 

The raw emotion that Jen shared as far as her relationship with Josh, that in spite of the love & hilarity they share  is very relatable

• Love 7

This show is a much needed palate cleanser after the toxicity of the SC reunion and the start of RHOOC.  I'm glad they're back after that shitshow SCSav took their spot.  And now I kinda want to go to Amarillo and try the steak at Big Texan, just not the 72 oz one.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Good Lord, Monday nights are too full right now! 

(sorry about the quote box, it keeps happening to me on all threads.)

I know - why does everything have to be on Mondays?!

So glad this show is back!  It totally makes me laugh.  But I also appreciate that they keep it real.  Like Jen admitting she had a lot of reservations about fully committing to Josh again.  It is understandable.  But I am rooting for him - and for them!

• Love 7

I like this show - and I wasn't expecting too.  I really like the women - they are all around my age and I am divorced now too. I totally related to what they were saying during the yard sale episode about how they wanted the white picket fence life, and they all had to deal with parting with that dream.  I also like how Pumps is so up front about how she can't afford to stay in her current neighborhood. One of the hardest things about divorce if you have to downgrade in lifestyle from when you were married.  The house & neighborhood you buy into as a married couple is usually not the house you can stay in as a single mom, and I like that she is not fronting otherwise.  I also really like that they are including their extended families so much.

• Love 6
On 7/11/2017 at 5:49 AM, Lizzing said:

And now I kinda want to go to Amarillo and try the steak at Big Texan, just not the 72 oz one.

Ick! Lizzing, don't waste a visit to Amarillo to go to the Big Texan, it's a tourist trap.  Beef is king in the panhandle and there are so many good steak places to visit.  I lived in Amarillo for years and my family is from the panhandle. You'd be better off getting a steak at Golden Corral or the like. LOL  If you do make it to Amarillo go check out Cadillac Ranch which is a few miles west of Amarillo on I-40-whacky stuff.  I'm quite surprised that they didn't tape a scene over there.

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, pasdetrois said:

This show, and Hulu's Harlots, are my new loves.

I was wondering about that show!  I may have to give it a watch now, as a fellow SHO lover.

I so get why Jen is so paralyzed emotionally....I had a similar situation with my husband and though it took years, we are in a better place than we have ever been.  I was pretty much paralyzed emotionally and had walls a mile high for a very long time.  It's painful to let those down and be vulnerable again, but if you are going to have a relationship you have to do it and that means things are gonna hurt sometimes....  I hope Jen and Josh can make their marriage work, I can tell they really love each other.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, Duke2801 said:

I know - why does everything have to be on Mondays?!

So glad this show is back!  It totally makes me laugh.  But I also appreciate that they keep it real.  Like Jen admitting she had a lot of reservations about fully committing to Josh again.  It is understandable.  But I am rooting for him - and for them!

I think the programmers chose Monday because 1) They had strong 'lead in' shows to hopefully give it as many viewers as possible 2) They expect us to be home from our weekends (assuming most people travel and do copious amounts of energetic things) from their time off doing outdoor activities OR (lol) going to clubs and partying 3) It is a refreshing break from the bitterness of previous shows  4) They probably made it fairly cheaply {it was a continuation of filming (no returning with crew and equipment) and no castmates fighting for more salary because ratings numbers were good} so it was "in the can" so to speak and it keeps Monday night from having any reruns  

Disclaimer: I really don't know squat but that's my 2 cents. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Grammar
  • Love 3

Now I know how Jen and Lee stay so slim - they were talking about how they normally "split a 4 oz steak"!  Yep that'll do it!  

Josh really looked SO different in their wedding photos- and of course when he was much bigger.  So they got married in 2005 - and this was filmed in 2016 .... does that mean they had their oldest son before they were married?  I thought he was a teenager.  (NOT that I care in any way, shape or form--just totally curious/nosy). 

6 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Now I know how Jen and Lee stay so slim - they were talking about how they normally "split a 4 oz steak"!  Yep that'll do it!  

Josh really looked SO different in their wedding photos- and of course when he was much bigger.  So they got married in 2005 - and this was filmed in 2016 .... does that mean they had their oldest son before they were married?  I thought he was a teenager.  (NOT that I care in any way, shape or form--just totally curious/nosy). 

Yes.  They married after he was born.  I remember she had just found out she was pregnant right before our 10 year reunion.  That was the summer of '02.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2017 at 6:58 PM, Marcya23 said:

Yes.  They married after he was born.  I remember she had just found out she was pregnant right before our 10 year reunion.  That was the summer of '02.

10 year HS reunion? Just curious if y'all are my age. :)