Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Home Oklahoma


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts


I still enjoy this show, but last night was my least favorite. The sippy cups were just a big no. Those kids are way too old for that shit. They probably all have dental problems. And who's drinking grape kool-aid in the middle of the night??? Again, dental problems. Put some water at their bedside. If you're worried about spills, just use reusable water bottles with a straw. I carry one of those every where! I was kind of hoping this was a made up storyline, because....wow. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

I completely agree with Ghoulina about the sippy cups and dental problems (agreed they should be drinking water at night not sugared, dyed, and chemical laden liquid) but did discover a good use for them in my life. I used to go out in the boat and be drinking red wine. It would spill and stain my clothes as well as make a mess on the boat itself. I figured out that by putting it in sippy cups, it eliminated the spills, stains and the need to bleach the deck after the cruise. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I completely agree with Ghoulina about the sippy cups and dental problems (agreed they should be drinking water at night not sugared, dyed, and chemical laden liquid) but did discover a good use for them in my life. I used to go out in the boat and be drinking red wine. It would spill and stain my clothes as well as make a mess on the boat itself. I figured out that by putting it in sippy cups, it eliminated the spills, stains and the need to bleach the deck after the cruise. 

The actually make Wine and beer sippy cups. she did say that the grape "Kool aid" was sugar free but still so random that they would go through two cups of it every night.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

If it is sugar free, then it's probably made with Aspartame, which is even worse, IMO. I have no idea why they would two full cups a night either. I keep some water on my nightstand and I might take a few sips if I wake up in  the night. Not much. The whole thing is just weird. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Ugh,  those sugar substitutes can reek havoc on ones kidneys and bladder. Especially with young children that you are trying to potty train at night (yes, I'm aware her kids are past that). They say you get addicted to sweetness and the substitutions don't help the cravings. I too,  keep water by the bedside and since I hate to get up all night to go to the bathroom I try not to chug it. Otherwise she seems like a fun parent. I laughed as she was making the waffles for breakfast when her daughter reminded her that it was almost noon! 

I love that these three women can have a fun non jealous relationship. Usually there's the third man out theory when you have a grouping of 3. The pranks are hysterical (unless you're the brunt). Three is usually a crowd on the other RH shows. Refreshing 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

The whole premise for the show was these "ride or die" friends challenging "small town Oklahoma" conventions.

In Week One they ordered iced tea at a bar and brought their own in after checking it was ok since the bar didn't serve iced tea and followed their friend on a blind date.

Week Two they went to "the lake" and pranked each other with air horns and mascara on binoculars.

Week Three they throw out sippy cups for teenagers, burn a to do list and, hire a handyman.

I tell ya, these people are really hard living liberals?  Sippy cups people.  The show is funny, but I can't believe they sold the show on "challenging conventions" when they do nothing of the sort.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Why didn't they just call this show "PUMPERS!"  Check out our hee-larious hi-jinks! It's exhausting. They may be like that personality wise in real life, but it's no documentary - I called "Pumpers" putting the Fit Bit counter on the dog as soon as they tracked her and was so proud of her progress. I'm totally missing what's so fascinating about this woman, seriously. I'm over "we TOTALLY should be on reality TV, we're so mad cap!" shows. Including Christley Knows Best. I don't try to keep up with the Kardashians either. I usually give them a full pass.

If that kid really was legit pissed about losing her sippy cup, that says everything. Pumpers work here is done, having raised 3 kids too fucking lazy to sit up and drink grape kool-aid on themselves at night...from a cup that she prepares before bed like baby bottles. There are so many things wrong here that the cup it's in is the LEAST of the issues here. 

I didn't watch when it came on, and read a few "it's not what I thought" comments so having nothing to watch and nothing on the DVR (!!) I decided to watch it on Demand. I agree with those who wondered why it wasn't on TLC or WE.

Meh.

  • Love 7
Link to comment
On 4/5/2017 at 11:47 AM, scenicbyway said:

I tell ya, these people are really hard living liberals?  Sippy cups people.  The show is funny, but I can't believe they sold the show on "challenging conventions" when they do nothing of the sort.

Yea, I wasn't to excited about this ep. I guess they can't all be great but damn Pumpers is a terrible parent. She obviously loves her kids but at the same time is destroying them. You have to teach your kids to be independent and self sufficient. She does everything for them and it's rediculous. Her son will be living with her for the rest of his life and Pumps will probably like it that way. It's sick and she needs some therapy to figure out what her problem is. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

I don't really think sippy cups means she's "ruining" her children nor do I think it makes her a terrible mom.  I'm sure the whole thing was played up for the cameras.   Her kids seem like good kids, not over spoiled assholes.  We only saw a few minutes with the kids, I don't think its fair to judge her parenting with that one sippy cup scene. 

  • Love 7
Link to comment

I worry her kids are going to be teased to no end about the sippy cups. Shit. 14 is nearly high school. 

Also? Nichols Hills is NOT a suburb. It is in the middle of OKC. Just north of it is The Village. Two "towns" which OKC has engulfed and surrounded. 

Link to comment

Between Kay saying regarding the first time she saw Pumpers smoking with her glove "That poor bitch burned her hand!" And realizing the perfect way to annoy Jen was to buy mismatched plates for Tubbers bday I adore her.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Giselle said:

While many may consider Oklahoma a fly over state one thing is for certain. this is definitely a fly over show.

I guess everyone is different this show makes me laugh and my boyfriend who hates all Bravo fare and several other friends find it entertaining as hell. I know I love this show more than I will like Jax and Britney take Kentucky.

The reason I love it is because the friendship are so real and the kids we see have clearly grown up with all these adults in their life and know them and so I would rather watch them trying to take the  piss out of each other over a dogs birthday party for two episodes rather than several about who saw who saw who's vagina, who is lying about their divorce and whatever Sonja's current delusion. I mean I am going to watch them all but this show makes me laugh intentional and feel happy. 

Though Pumps dont come for Tubbers because you are both awesomesauce.

  • Love 15
Link to comment

It definitely is for light viewing and not to be taken too seriously.  I agree with you, @biakbiak.  

Also the landscaping thing where the neighbor took down a tree that didn't belong to him?  Genius.  A little passive/aggressive, but genius.

  • Love 8
Link to comment

7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I guess everyone is different this show makes me laugh and my boyfriend who hates all Bravo fare and several other friends find it entertaining as hell. I know I love this show more than I will like Jax and Britney take Kentucky.

The reason I love it is because the friendship are so real and the kids we see have clearly grown up with all these adults in their life and know them and so I would rather watch them trying to take the  piss out of each other over a dogs birthday party for two episodes rather than several about who saw who saw who's vagina, who is lying about their divorce and whatever Sonja's current delusion. I mean I am going to watch them all but this show makes me laugh intentional and feel happy. 

Though Pumps dont come for Tubbers because you are both awesomesauce.

Glad you enjoy it.

One thing that pinged on my radar of how much is real and how much is manufactured.  The name "Pumps", was it made up for the show? Because Jennifer had to explain to her son Roman who Pumps was when making an invitation. "So Angie, aka Pump's, I think is extremely jealous of Tubby." Sounds fake if the kid has known Angie or Pumps all his life.

Did like the F-you trees.

Edited by Giselle
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Glad you enjoy it.

One thing that pinged on my radar of how much is real and how much is manufactured was the name "Pumps." Was it made up for the show? Because Jennifer had to explain to her son Roman who Pumps was when making an invitation. "So Angie, aka Pump's, I think is extremely jealous of Tubby." Sounds fake if the kid has known Angie or Pumps all his life.

Did like the F-you trees.

Well you can ask several people who know them who post here. 

Roman didn't say anything like you quoted. Jenn didnt even say the words you put in quotes. But I saw Angie/Pumps interact when reading the invite and both of their delight in each other's presence. Not to mention the casual relationship that Jenn and Pumps daughter have had over several eps.

Again spilled  their secrets that on the first ep that could easily be googled.  I am sure there are depths to be dived about Pumps two exs, Lee's ex who clearly doesn't allow their kids on camera, etc. but lots of us enjoy it.

I am here for what it's presenting because they seem more authentic  at its core:buying fake toperiary/ dog birthday party seems more "true" than most shit that has been shoveled on Bravo.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

This episode was back to being funny again. Fuck that tree murderer, here's a giant penis!!! 

Getting Pumps to do all this shit for a doggy birthday is damn hilarious. I love that these girls all love each other, but will call each other out on their shit and poke fun at one another. It shows that they don't take life too seriously. 

  • Love 6
Link to comment
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Well you can ask several people who know them who post here. 

Roman didn't say anything like you quoted. Jenn didnt even say the words you put in quotes. But I saw Angie/Pumps interact when reading the invite and both of their delight in each other's presence. Not to mention the casual relationship that Jenn and Pumps daughter have had over several eps.

Again spilled  their secrets that on the first ep that could easily be googled.  I am sure there are depths to be dived about Pumps two exs, Lee's ex who clearly doesn't allow their kids on camera, etc. but lots of us enjoy it.

I am here for what it's presenting because they seem more authentic  at its core:buying fake toperiary/ dog birthday party seems more "true" than most shit that has been shoveled on Bravo.

I don't need to ask anybody. I made an observation, specifically if the name Pumps was conjured for TV. Jennifer used both names when talking to her son and I found it odd for someone to say who's children have been around said family friend for years.

Also, I didn't say Roman said it I said his mother said it to him. Jennifer said it verbatim as they were sitting at the table/counter when they were planning to make the invitation. I played the scene back as I was typing the quote. It was at my two minute Tivo mark when the subtitling  saying "Roman, 9 Jennifer & Josh's Son" came on the screen. It was after the Tupper "history" flashback beginning the scene and before the dog took a dump on the rug and before they gave said invitation to Pumps.

As I said, glad you enjoy it.

Have a good day!

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Quote

Nichols Hills is NOT a suburb. It is in the middle of OKC. Just north of it is The Village. Two "towns" which OKC has engulfed and surrounded. 

Right you are.  I always forget it's technically not Oklahoma City.  

Link to comment
On 4/11/2017 at 10:28 AM, biakbiak said:

Well you can ask several people who know them who post here. 

Roman didn't say anything like you quoted. Jenn didnt even say the words you put in quotes. But I saw Angie/Pumps interact when reading the invite and both of their delight in each other's presence. Not to mention the casual relationship that Jenn and Pumps daughter have had over several eps.

Again spilled  their secrets that on the first ep that could easily be googled.  I am sure there are depths to be dived about Pumps two exs, Lee's ex who clearly doesn't allow their kids on camera, etc. but lots of us enjoy it.

I am here for what it's presenting because they seem more authentic  at its core:buying fake toperiary/ dog birthday party seems more "true" than most shit that has been shoveled on Bravo.

Jenn did say to her son, Angie aka Pumps when first discussing the party.  I thought it was odd too.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

This episode had me laughing so hard, I felt I was with right there with Pumps and her friend in the parking lot.  When Pumps was leaning over the back seat of her car showing her undies and the friend reached in and pulled Pump's dress down and then she and Pumps laughed so hard they couldn't talk - I laughed so hard myself - especially when the friend was laughing so hard she peed.  LMAO    It was legit, spontaneous and IMO funny.

Way too much of 'reality' tv is heavily produced (aka: scripted) and this show seems to be so far from that norm.  The friendships seem to be legit, they have history with each other, and they aren't as pretentious and plastic in appearance, as well as behavior, as most reality show casts and I'm finding this show to be refreshing and one I really look forward to each week - so far I haven't been disappointed.  Compare the friendships on this show to any of the housewives shows (where so many of the cast members only see each other when they're filming) and there just isn't any similarity.  The humor on this show might not be for everyone, but it brings me a welcome dose of lighthearted viewing enjoyment each episode.  

Edited by rayndon
  • Love 13
Link to comment
14 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Jenn did say to her son, Angie aka Pumps when first discussing the party.  I thought it was odd too.

Maybe she phrased it that way for the sake of the show. They call her "Pumps" so much, maybe she figured she'd better clarify, because viewers might not know who Angie is. 

  • Love 8
Link to comment
On 4/4/2017 at 5:30 PM, biakbiak said:

The actually make Wine and beer sippy cups. she did say that the grape "Kool aid" was sugar free but still so random that they would go through two cups of it every night.

yesss, I have a couple of the wine suppy cups and swear by them! I am quite the klutz so they are great when outside or on a boat.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I know some people think this show is stupid, but, I absolutely loved Tubbers birthday party.  Hysterical!

Absolutely! The cake made of dog food and rice crispies was a delight. So what if it wasn't perfect. It was made by her Mom with love and did the dogs care? No. It was the taste that mattered. Did they have a separate cake for the adults? I didn't catch it if there was. Poor Pumps. Dressed like a Roaring 20's gal (she did look good) and at least the husband (don't see this enough to recall all the names...even went over to IMDB and there was no cast listed) dressed as a clown. He was a good sport to wear the costume and let his wife paint his face with lipstick! These people are about friendships and fun but the episodes are getting a bit thin in plot and substance (boring). I want to laugh with this crowd. Give them more to do!! 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

I loved that the birthday party was part poking at Pumps, but also part actually for the dog. Hey, if you love your dog and want to throw it a party, go for it! Just a really fun episode and I love the relationship that Angie has with Josh, with no jealousy issues from his wife. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Having held a one-year birthday party for my dearly departed Lab, complete with doggie ice cream and 10 of his closest friends, I can throw no shade at Tubbers' over-the-top party. However, I'm giving the side eye to Jennifer for apparently faking that he is a service dog. Not cool.

The kids all seem sweet and well-mannered. That Roman is one adorable child.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Love this show and so excited when I see it in my DVR list of newly recorded episodes! Thankful for the genuine friendships, and the honesty of the marriages, addiction problems, etc. 

I really adore Angie's (Pumps) partner in crime, Kay.  Those two are a riot and a half.  I understand what a few others are saying about 1 or 2 episodes being a little too slow for their interest, however that begins the slippery slope that the Real Housewives and other reality based shows have traversed.  I'll take a little slowness, even boring, mixed in here and there instead of being treated like an idiot viewer expected to watch all the producer driven, non-realistic shenanigans.  I'll GLADLY take Jen and Josh over Vicki Gunvalson Brooks Ayers.  I'm THRILLED to watch Angie, Esq. instead of Phaedra Parks, Esq.  As much as I do not like or endorse the sippy cups for teens, I'll watch Angie's kids sipping sugar free kool-aid over Lynn Curtain's train wreck daughters any day.    

Now I just need to figure out how I can relocate my job to OK, so I can move next door to them. I promise not to cut down any trees, without first knocking on a door!!

  • Love 10
Link to comment

Another challenging of down home conventions!  Throwing your dog a birthday party.  Look out Oklahoma!

Ugh.

A couple of things struck me in this episode:  Why do they have to promote Tubbers as a service dog?  So it can go in the cabin on a plane?  I'm sure fellow passengers love smelling the dog on the way to their vacations.  Little Roman, unknowingly let the world know his family are atheists.  Lastly, Jennifer's kids seemed so disappointed that the "cake" was really just for the dogs.  Those poor kids need a little sugar, no wonder the rice krispie dog head fell off before everyone arrived, it was the only edible part for humans, the boys keep sneaking bits of frosting from it.  I hope Josh takes the boys out for ice cream occasionally.  I get Jen doesn't want to eat sugar because she wants to be skinny, but the boys could have a little cake without going overboard.

Link to comment

I loved how just when Pumps thought she had completed everything she thought was expected of her, they'd draw her back in - with Josh it was "give him a hug!  Hug him harder!" and Roman with the "I'd like Pumps to say a few words": I loved this episode.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

Another challenging of down home conventions!  Throwing your dog a birthday party.  Look out Oklahoma!

Ugh.

A couple of things struck me in this episode:  Why do they have to promote Tubbers as a service dog?  So it can go in the cabin on a plane?  I'm sure fellow passengers love smelling the dog on the way to their vacations.  Little Roman, unknowingly let the world know his family are atheists.  Lastly, Jennifer's kids seemed so disappointed that the "cake" was really just for the dogs.  Those poor kids need a little sugar, no wonder the rice krispie dog head fell off before everyone arrived, it was the only edible part for humans, the boys keep sneaking bits of frosting from it.  I hope Josh takes the boys out for ice cream occasionally.  I get Jen doesn't want to eat sugar because she wants to be skinny, but the boys could have a little cake without going overboard.

Josh passed around cupcakes for the human guests. I saw the tray a few times.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

Those poor kids need a little sugar, no wonder the rice krispie dog head fell off before everyone arrived, it was the only edible part for humans, the boys keep sneaking bits of frosting from it

They had cupcakes for the human beings, it looked to boys were trying to just make the cake look better not eating it which j can't imagine had sugar in it.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I sure hope the whole Tubbers-as-a-service-animal thing is made up for the show.  It bothers me when people fake a service animal and it surprises me that someone would flaunt it on national TV.

Otherwise I'm really enjoying this show.  And I thought the doggy birthday party was awesome.  I like the organic friendship the ladies have.  I love that they don't get bent over being pranked and that they can laugh at themselves. 

Edited by SoTheresThat
  • Love 5
Link to comment

This show is funny. Mindless fun. I do hope that Andy Cohen doesn't ruin it by encouraging infighting and shitty behavior. All of those NYC ladies used to be friends and act lke human beings. I am looking askance at how the show shows it's East Coast view of the world by interviewing Oklahomians about life and customs on their flyover planet. I don't recall seeing any of that shit on the other franchises. Disclaimer - I live in the Northeast and have that same tude towards flyover states that I am constantly working on and am trying being less of an asshole about it.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

how the show shows it's East Coast view of the world by interviewing Oklahomians about life and customs on their flyover planet.

Jen is an ex producer and sold the show and interview segments so they arent an East Coast view and why the show is different because it has nothing to do with the RH franchises and since Andy has long ago moved on from any role at Bravo other than on air talent and ex producer of the RH shows he gets no credit or blame.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Jen is an ex producer and sold the show and interview segments so they arent an East Coast view and why the show is different because it has nothing to do with the RH franchises and since Andy has long ago moved on from any role at Bravo other than on air talent and ex producer of the RH shows he gets no credit or blame.

Very interesting. I can't stand Cohen so I was assuming that it was more of his dickishness.

Link to comment

This show reminds me of the woman who was a PR agent and lived in Alabama.  Jamie is her name and she was from NJ.  She had a great group of friends and everyone got along..  bravo didn't renew the series.  I didn't think I would like this show but these women rock!  I would totally hang out with them.  U unfortunately, Bravo probably won't renew the show because there is no drama.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 4/19/2017 at 7:37 PM, spankydoll said:

. Disclaimer - I live in the Northeast and have that same tude towards flyover states that I am constantly working on and am trying being less of an asshole about it.

Oklahoma is exactly what you think it is and at the same time completely different than you think it is.  We're not all the same here.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:30 PM, Mischievious said:

Josh is the new Slade. Wanting to be a housewife 

Winner winner chicken dinner! He is suuuuuper laid back. I wonder if he is on some medication. He appears to have been a very successful attorney prior to his addiction issues.

Link to comment

I'm so IN! My favorite of all the Bravo "genre"....such as it is.  LOVE that its about goofy friendships instead of the usual Andy Cohen formula: vicious hatreds.  LOVE the disbarred lawyer with the man bun and the birthday party for the dog---with the slide show,  and Pumps water-ski ballet and all the undertakings of tthe two lady cohorts.  Also love that it takes place in a "flyover" state and in every day neighborhoods.  Also, didn't know there was even a lake near Oklahoma City.  If there's to be a bunch of red-state politics it hasn't surfaced yet so...bravo!  Maybe the cast could do with a bit more expansion but not if it means messing with the premise.  These folks remind me of everyone I used to clown around with growing up in the Texas Hill Country.  Didn't realize how much I've missed it!  

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...