Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Home Oklahoma - General Discussion

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Wasn't that when they went out and bought the fuck you trees (shrubs?) and planted them facing the neighbor's driveway?

Yep, or at least that's how the story went.  I found it a little hard to believe that someone would move into a house and on that very same day chop down his neighbor's tree before he even said hello, nice to meet you.  But I guess it takes all kinds!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think we've seen Lee's house, haven't we? When they were setting her up on that date, they were at her house, right? And the pre skating party prep was at her house, I think. 

Also after the aborted meditation outing, she's shown meditating in her front room. Very modest house, but AFAIK Nichols Hills has a range of housing stock. They're not all mini-manses like Pumps' house before divorce.

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 1

I found it a little hard to believe that someone would move into a house and on that very same day chop down his neighbor's tree before he even said hello, nice to meet you.  But I guess it takes all kinds!

It's astounding how entitled some homeowners are, especially about property lines. They often fail to check a surveyor's plat before removing vegetation that is along an invisible property line.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Well, that's a shonda, but on the other hand they won't become unrecognizable from producer interference to goose ratings. 

Amen! Andy Cohen has manipulated his HWives into disasters

• Love 4

This show has GOT to be renewed!   Finally convinced my husband to watch an episode with me on Sunday and it turned into an all day binge watch of the season.   He came home from work and said he felt really swampy.  ????

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 4

The description in the link sounds as if the series has morphed into Jen's design show - not the same premise as the original two seasons. The new name is Sweet Home, Not Sweet Home Oklahoma.

I'm disappointed. The original receipe SHO was one of my fave TV shows. I wonder if the network pushed out Lee. The show's name change makes me wonder if they were forced to alter the concept because Lee is gone. I can't remember if she was originally part of the concept team.

I'll enjoy seeing Angie and Tubbers again.

• Love 2

Really? do we want to see Jennifer the designer? With a little Pumps and Josh thrown in just to keep it from being a total bore. No, thanks. I thought what little we saw of her design aesthetic on the original show was nothing to get excited about. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

The description in the link sounds as if the series has morphed into Jen's design show - not the same premise as the original two seasons. The new name is Sweet Home, Not Sweet Home Oklahoma.

I'm disappointed. The original receipe SHO was one of my fave TV shows. I wonder if the network pushed out Lee. The show's name change makes me wonder if they were forced to alter the concept because Lee is gone. I can't remember if she was originally part of the concept team.

I'll enjoy seeing Angie and Tubbers again.

Lee and Jennifer are no longer friends and I think this is why she isn't part of the new show.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Lee and Jennifer are no longer friends and I think this is why she isn't part of the new show.

Do tell...  Are you friends of theirs?

Off Topic - Regarding the article about Mexican Dynasty. If you lived in a place where kidnapping for ransom is a cottage industry would you want to flaunt your wealth and luxurious life on TV? Can't people just be rich and travel and enjoy art and excellent food and not have to SHOW it to everyone? Wealth is wasted on some of the rich.

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, tabloidlover said:

Lol, no I don’t know them personally (I wish!)  They no longer follow each other on social media.  In a private fb group, it was said that it was due to alcohol.   Not sure how true that part is. 

Interesting. They all seemed to be equally lushy, Maybe soeone got sober and had to distance themselves?

3 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Interesting. They all seemed to be equally lushy, Maybe soeone got sober and had to distance themselves?

Definitely not Lee based on her IG.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe Josh fell off the wagon and somehow Jen and Josh blamed Lee? (totally speculating here....I hope that Josh has continued in his sobriety)

Seems unlikely because unlike with Pumps, Josh never really hung out with Lee that much. They were also Lee was a more recent addition to the group.

• Love 1

RIght Josh and Pumps met in law school, so they go waaaaay back together. I think Lee was in the group because her boys are around the same ages as Jen's. 

But the realistic answer is that this show seems to be focused more on Jen's interior decorating business and less on the hijinks. I do hope for a Tubbers sighting, but I doubt we'll see much, if any, of the boys. 

I think it will be more than her business.    I had an inkling that they had started filming again as I follow Jen on Instagram.   They have been taking quite a few trips in a short time span.   Mexico resort with Pumps for her birthday, and then a family trip to Peru for Spring Break I think.   I can't wait!

• Love 3

I just saw the first promo for the reboot of this show.  It's called Sweet Home now, I think, and Lee is gone.  Apparently all focused on Jennifer's decorating business, with wacky sidekick antics by Pumps.  So much for ride-or-die friendships.  Something really bad or really shady must've happened in that relationship behind the scenes.

I am definitely out.  Not interested in adding another decorating show to the roster, when I've spent the past decade deleting them.  This show could be the poster child for if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  We'll see.  (I mean, I won't see, but somebody will.)

I'm not sure this means there was any falling out. Maybe Bravo just decided the previous format didn't work and they wanted to keep these personalities, but take it in another direction? 

I'm not sure if I'll watch or not. I'm not interested in another decorating show, but I did love the dynamics between the friends. Maybe I'll check it out and see. 

• Love 1

Based on looking at their Twitter pages, where the two who are left on the show make zero mention of Lee and she doesn't mention anything to do with them or the show, I'm guessing it's safe to assume she's no longer part of the friendship off-screen either, whatever the precipitating factor was.

Edited by Mondrianyone
prepositions do count

The premiere of “Sweet Home” felt really disjointed, perhaps because they are trying to merge a new show with an “old” one even though the old one lasted just one season.  I think the designs are beautiful especially if you like a bunch of neutrals and marble.  I’m sure the show is great for Jenny’s career and gives Josh something to do but I do wonder if her kids have been through enough already and have the option to not be on the show.  Angie aka Pumps is funny and probably could’ve been the star but is she really going to be relegated to just popping into Jen’s worksites to admire the work?

If I had just spent millions on a renovation I sure wouldn’t have wanted my designer’s dog sitting on my new furniture.  Seriously?

• Love 2

I didn’t even recognize Pumps oldest son. He looks like he grew a foot and didn’t gain a pound.

I said it on the old show but I really want to know how Pumps handle Josh’s addiction and their J/J divorce. She clearly adores them both and has such a great individual relationship with them that it interests me more than Jen handling his addiction and the divorce.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

The premiere of “Sweet Home” felt really disjointed, perhaps because they are trying to merge a new show with an “old” one even though the old one lasted just one season.  I think the designs are beautiful especially if you like a bunch of neutrals and marble.  I’m sure the show is great for Jenny’s career and gives Josh something to do but I do wonder if her kids have been through enough already and have the option to not be on the show.  Angie aka Pumps is funny and probably could’ve been the star but is she really going to be relegated to just popping into Jen’s worksites to admire the work?

If I had just spent millions on a renovation I sure wouldn’t have wanted my designer’s dog sitting on my new furniture.  Seriously?

Tbh, I only caught the last 20 minutes, and I was really not impressed.  I don't find Jenny a compelling enough character/person to be able to carry this hour-long show.  I always thought that Pumps was the breakout from SHO, so I'm not sure how the idea for this show was born.  The weird ex-husband doesn't really interest me.  I'll give it at least another episode.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the French Bulldog.  Get the eff off my stuff!

The three ladies from last season were a good mix, and played off each other to keep it interesting.  It's a shame that there was a rift of some sort.  I'd like to know what happened.  Inquiring minds!

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I didn’t even recognize Pumps oldest son. He looks like he grew a foot and didn’t gain a pound.

I said it on the old show but I really want to know how Pumps handle Josh’s addiction and their J/J divorce. She clearly adores them both and has such a great individual relationship with them that it interests me more than Jen handling his addiction and the divorce.

Exactly!  Pumps is the character with all the interesting layers.  She’s known Josh since law school, they worked together, she met Jenny through him.  Sounds like she supported both of them during his rehab stints and then Jen supported Pumps through her divorce.  

I would guess that Lee wasn’t invited to do the “new” show and that, in part, led to the rift.  Completely odd to keep everyone else though and replace her with a bunch of millennials who know nothing about design. I’m guessing they are just there to attract a younger audience?

• Love 1
On 11/3/2018 at 7:33 AM, scenicbyway said:

Completely odd to keep everyone else though and replace her with a bunch of millennials who know nothing about design. I’m guessing they are just there to attract a younger audience?

I started following Jennifer on IG when the show started and she has always had young assistants. I actually liked Alex and she seemed to appear exactly as Jennifer described her a very competent airhead who is working on herself.

The fallout with Lynn happened before the new revamped version was a thing. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

I knew I'd be disappointed and I was. The first season of the original series was lightning in a bottle - very organic and it showcased the real relationships between these friends and their families. By season 2 they added scripted hijinks. (Even though it was scripted, I belly-laughed hard when Pumps and her girlfriend went shopping and had trouble getting back into the car. It was either weather or demon alcohol that was to blame.)

Now we have another design show. Jenn is too strident for me to enjoy her onscreen. Maybe she was overly nervous, sleep-exhausted, etc. for the first show and will calm down. Her two-fer talking heads with the blonde assistant are forced and not funny. Josh seems a bit beaten down; maybe I'm not used to seeing him without his glasses, but he looked tired. Pumps rolling in occasionally is not enough.

The design looked like what we've seen on other design shows. Jenn is just giving the clients what they want, mirroring current trends, but it's boring.

Oh well. It was good to see Tubbers.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6

Am I the only one who liked it? And I went into it very apprehensively - "Not another design show". But I really enjoyed it. I like Jennifer. She's not as OTT as Pumps (whom I adore; that's not a bad thing). But I appreciate her dry, understated humor. 

I thought there was a good mix of work and play. She seems like a good boss and I enjoyed her interactions with ditzy Alex. Overall, I thought it was light, fun, Friday night watching. (that I watched Tuesday at 4:30 am, because I forgot my DVR recorded it and DST is a fucking bitch.)

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Am I the only one who liked it?

I enjoyed it. Jen’s design aesthetic is a bit blah for my taste but I enjoy her competence. And I really liked her rapport with Alex who I thought was sweet and funny even if she is an airhead.

I do think it’s interesting that Josh has determined that practicing criminal defense and his sobriety are at odds. I can only imagine the stress of such a job. Luckily he is in a good place between Jen’s business,his photography and the show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

Well, I just got to see episode one because I was away and I liked it.  It was fun.  Ok.  I would like to see more Pumps and Jenn's husband.  That was so organic last season and Pumps is so funny.

Love Tubbers.

I don't know anything about the fallout with Lynn so if anyone can fill me in.....

• Love 1

LOL who is this “Lynn” person? Her name is Lee! I don’t think anybody really knows exactly why she fell out with Jen. It’s not been discussed publicly by any of the ladies.

I don’t mind the new show, but - based on these first 2 shows - it’s no longer “must see tv” the way that the first season was. I still adore the heck out of Pumps, and any scene with her is great. But the scenes with  Jen and her assistants are just “eh.”  Her extreme Type A personality might entertain some people, but it seems a bit grating to me—and would drive me absolutely NUTS in real life.

A commenter on Reddit says that her sister is a designer in the area and has worked with Jen professionally on some projects. Apparently she’s gotten a really big head from her success on tv and thinks she’s “all that” now. I guess she didn’t even bother showing up for more recent projects that they were supposed to do together. So that knowledge might be coloring my perception of her on the show somewhat. And perhaps could be one of the reasons that Jen and Lee are no longer friends (just speculating). 

But she has met Pumps (and Tubber) and says they are both awesome. Pumps IRL is apparently exactly how she is on tv. 

• Love 2

Love Tubbers, dog lover in general, but for some reason it bugs me that Tubbers is running free range all over every clients new floors, furniture, etc. 

Wonder if Pumps still does the sippy cups for her kids? Lol. 

• Love 5

I really liked it.  I kind of wish they'd addressed the fact that a person is missing from the previous show, because if I remember, Lee and Jennifer always struck me as the super close BFFs and them Pumps rounded out the trio.  So, it's kind of odd to now have Pumps and Jennifer doing things and no sign at all of Lee.  

The situation with the husband is just kind of a strange one to me.  I applaud him for choosing his sobriety, but I'm not sure that I would be able to handle being in a relationship with him.  He seems like he's kind of just floating around waiting for what he really wants to do to come to him and until it does, he'll dabble in this and that.  I could fully get that he wouldn't be able to go back to the type of law he was practicing, that maybe he couldn't go back to practicing law at all, but I don't know, I guess I'd need him to find something.  

I do like Jennifer's design aesthetic for the most part, I am the person who usually gets told that I need some color and life in my house.  I like stuff to be neutral and calm and then I like everything to be a texture you want to touch.  

• Love 1

Sweet baby potatoes! What the heck was that?  I got so tired so fast of Jen’s minions laughing with predictable  uproariousness at her little clevernesses that I desperately ff’ed to Pumps — and, as they say, didn’t laugh once. 

Ih, I smiled in recognition when Pumps declared she’d rather be braless & cozy at home than in the social swim. But after that, i got as far as her sarcastically playing at cheering Emily on — and I stopped the recording, erased it and cancelled the series record. 

Would love to have S1, all eps, on a dvd or something. Those were funny shows. These are not. Me & the ninjas — out. 

• Love 2

OMG, this show is horrible!!!  

Pumps cannot save this.  She just is not funny.  

Jen is so rough looking....I can’t stand her being the whole show.

Somewhere Lee is laughing at this shit show, although I feel bad she was left out.

I’m done.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

OMG, this show is horrible!!!  

Pumps cannot save this.  She just is not funny.  

Jen is so rough looking....I can’t stand her being the whole show.

Somewhere Lee is laughing at this shit show, although I feel bad she was left out.

I’m done.

Yep.  

Well, we’ll always have S1.

• Love 1

I guess it’s a good thing that Pumps doesn’t care what her house looks like because Jennifer just replaced a gray couch with a gray couch and a brown dining table with a brown dining table.  It all just looked really cheap but I guess the point was that it was a “free” makeover for her best friend.

I guess Pumps wouldn’t care that her filthy rugs and furniture were out on display by her bff who told her crew to take them to the dump.  Um?

I did notice Josh’s photos made it on the wall.  But how many times did he say in this episode that he’s been to rehab?  It was like every other word from him.  We get it, rehab, not working, coaches sons basketball.

And Jennifer survives on nicotine gum but won’t touch sugar...ok?

• Love 1