Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: The Aftermath

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, iwasish said:

Kris  is a piece of work. "Ever since Rob Sr died all the responsibility for the  kids has been on het" Really? They had been divorced for years and she was married to Caitlyn, worlds best stepfather, by then.But she rewrites history and wipes out any mention of her.

Unless my math is off, when Robert Sr died, Kourtney, Kim, and Khloe were already adults (Kim was married to husband #1) and Rob Jr was in high school.  I know kids still need their parents' help past the age of 18, but her statement seemed like she was lumping Kendall and Kylie into this "responsibility", and those are not Rob Sr's kids!  Does Kris think we don't know this? 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Unless my math is off, when Robert Sr died, Kourtney, Kim, and Khloe were already adults (Kim was married to husband #1) and Rob Jr was in high school.  I know kids still need their parents' help past the age of 18, but her statement seemed like she was lumping Kendall and Kylie into this "responsibility", and those are not Rob Sr's kids!  Does Kris think we don't know this? 

By the time Rob Sr died, Kris was married to Cailtyn for 12 years, Khloe was 19. Cailtyn had long been step father to the Kardashian kids  and had 2 of his own kids with Kris. Kris is downplaying the whole connection to Cailtyn.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

What I am saying (and clearly not as successfully as I'd hoped) is that she made herself a much easier and more visible target and made it really easy for them to find the window of opportunity to do what they wanted to do. While the large majority of people are not criminals looking for opportunity, those people are out there and target celebrities for the very reason that they do have the jewelry, etc. There are a lot of celebrities who have her level of wealth, bigger and better jewelry, houses, vacays, appearances, etc., who don't broadcast it all on social media and have not been crime victims.

Besides the jewelry, the fact that Kim cannot stay off social media for more than a few minutes at a time makes it that much easier to know exactly where she is and who she's with.  I thought I read that she had just posted a video chat between her and Chyna right before she was robbed (or something like that).  So whoever was following her on social media not only knew where she was, but that she was alone.

8 minutes ago, iwasish said:

By the time Rob Sr died, Kris was married to Cailtyn for 12 years, Khloe was 19. Cailtyn had long been step father to the Kardashian kids  and had 2 of his own kids with Kris. Kris is downplaying the whole connection to Cailtyn.

And this is where I actually have an ounce of sympathy for Caitlyn, because having watched this show, we know that Caitlyn bore the majority of responsibility of driving Kendall and Kylie to school and handling their daily stuff (before Kris managed to turn them both into product placements).  I also just caught the rerun where Kris schools Rob into apologizing to Bruce after Rob says that he didn't have a father figure growing up.  In that episode, Kris tearfully rhapsodizes on what an amazing step-father he was to her kids.  But that's our Kris -- professional history re-writer extraordinaire.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Even though Caitlyn is awful, I just think it is terrible that she's being written out of family history because she decided to become (publicly) the person that (I am willing to bet) Kris and her kids knew she was all along.  Okay, you wear dresses and makeup out in public now, so you're no longer Kylie and Kendall's parent.  Kris can have all the regrets over knowingly marrying someone who was grappling with their gender, and rushing to the alter in a matter of months with her fingers in her ears singing "nah nah nah can't hear you".  This history re-write is just delusional.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And this is where I actually have an ounce of sympathy for Caitlyn, because having watched this show, we know that Caitlyn bore the majority of responsibility of driving Kendall and Kylie to school and handling their daily stuff (before Kris managed to turn them both into product placements).  I

Big deal.  What did Cait do. She drove the kids to school in one of her luxury cars.  Did she cook. Did she clean. Chauffeuring the kids gave her a reason to get into one of her fancy cars.

• Love 2

It would have been stupid for Kris,unarmed

I'm sure she would have brought at least a release to be filmed for the intruder to sign and maybe some Kardashian  memorabilia.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

These are investment properties.  All of Kris' kids are constantly buying, squatting, selling them within a year or two.  Rob is starting to get into the game now with his R&C money.  I doubt Kylie and Kendall spend much time in their investment properties, which would explain why Kendall seemed to have an open door frat house policy when this burglary occurred recently. 

Investment properties, yes. Running out in the middle of the night and leaving your friends to party while you are gone speaks to another matter. I have a few guesses why she'd feel the need to run an errand in the middle of the night. 

Edited by bagatelle
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, bagatelle said:

Big deal.  What did Cait do. She drove the kids to school in one of her luxury cars.  Did she cook. Did she clean. Chauffeuring the kids gave her a reason to get into one of her fancy cars.

Well back before the transitioning, Kris and the K kids couldn't sing her praises any louder. She was the bestest ever step father and was always there for them.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Well back before the transitioning, Kris and the K kids couldn't sing her praises any louder. She was the bestest ever step father and was always there for them.

I don't remember them singing any praises. I remember Kendall and Kylie being disrespectful brats to both Kris and Caitlyn,  Khloe and Rob didn't want much to do with her, either. Khloe didn't even tell Caitlyn when she was getting married to Lamar until the Caitlyn found out on her own and Caitlyn was really hurt by that.  There was also an episode when Rob was looking for a house and Caitlyn offered to go help him and Rob said no, he would rather go by himself. Caitlyn was treated like an outsider in her own family.  I can't even imagine how they treated her when the camera's weren't rolling. Not a big fan of Caitlyn but I bet she was thrilled to move away from them. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1

Well, so much for milking Kim's robbery aftermath.

Kim plans on trying for baby #3 (warning - autoplay)

I guess they realized Kim's traumatic robbery and the staged familial reactions weren't getting anywhere near the ratings that babies!pregancies! get on this show.

Wasn't this a major plot point for an episode last season?  Why the retread - nothing has changed for the better.  Kim is another year old and...oh....

Kim has PTSD, panic attacks, Kanye was recently hospitalized.  Good time to have a third kid?  North and Saint need a sibling? Aren't they each others' siblings?  They are barely even old enough to play together yet. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I also don't remember the kids saying anything all that nice, all I remember is Cait singing her own praises. She was a great parent, she drove the kids to school! That's the only example of great parenting she ever came up with.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Well, so much for milking Kim's robbery aftermath.

Kim plans on trying for baby #3 (warning - autoplay)

I guess they realized Kim's traumatic robbery and the staged familial reactions weren't getting anywhere near the ratings that babies!pregancies! get on this show.

Wasn't this a major plot point for an episode last season?  Why the retread - nothing has changed for the better.  Kim is another year old and...oh....

Kim has PTSD, panic attacks, Kanye was recently hospitalized.  Good time to have a third kid?  North and Saint need a sibling? Aren't they each others' siblings?  They are barely even old enough to play together yet. 

I haven't watched the clip, but also.. last season didn't Kim go to a doctor and they said it would be hard to carry a 3rd child due to her precious complicated pregnancies? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I haven't watched the clip, but also.. last season didn't Kim go to a doctor and they said it would be hard to carry a 3rd child due to her precious complicated pregnancies? 

Kim consulted with her go-to OBGYN, and got a second opinion from another DR.  According to Mariah Smith's Keeping UP recap, both OBGYN appointments happened within the same filming day.  So if 2 top-of-the-line OBGYNs say "don't do it", and you've got that on camera, and you poo-poo surrogacy (on camera) and then announce to your family you want to go through the nonsense all over again....you are desperate for show content.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Kim consulted with her go-to OBGYN, and got a second opinion from another DR.  According to Mariah Smith's Keeping UP recap, both OBGYN appointments happened within the same filming day.  So if 2 top-of-the-line OBGYNs say "don't do it", and you've got that on camera, and you poo-poo surrogacy (on camera) and then announce to your family you want to go through the nonsense all over again....you are desperate for show content.

Yeah I remember the surrogacy scene. The poor woman she talked to seemed somewhat horrified by Kim's questions of "but you love this child as much as the ones you gave birth to?" Also yes, she's not good pregnant. Not just her attitude itself but her health isn't great for it. I've never been pregnant but I know with Saint she kept eating junk and the doctors were advising her to eat healthy and she wasn't. 

• Love 3

She is discussing a third kid to counter the rumors of possible divorce. Personally I would not consider a third child so soon after a spouse's  breakdown. I would want to be some what assured that they are stable and adhering to any prescribed medical treatment. But then I do suspect that Kim is just using this subject as another means to stay in the spotlight on the show. Her talk about pulling back and sharing less of her private life seems to be just so much talk. Discussions of how she's risking her life to carry another baby, are ridiculous anyway, as if she's even considering something that could kill her while she's recovering from her fear of nearly dying in a robbery.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Even though Caitlyn is awful, I just think it is terrible that she's being written out of family history because she decided to become (publicly) the person that (I am willing to bet) Kris and her kids knew she was all along.

I think it's just the way Caitlyn handled everything. It turned them all off and angry for some time, even Kendall. They found out about the transition through the fact the television showwas going to happen at E! Diane Sawyer etc..

Caitlyn didn't respect any of her kids enough to talk to them first before being opportunist and shopping a tv show. 

• Love 1

Some continuity errors from "Aftermath":

The scene where Kim has a panic attack in the bathroom and Khloe shuts down filming:  filmed January 23rd

The scenes where Kendall discusses her dread over having to testify at the upcoming trial:  filmed October 31, several weeks after the trial

The scene where Kim coaches Kendall on testifying against her stalker:  filmed February 14

• Love 4

The vitrol this woman gets for daring to be rich and robbed is amazing.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I wanted to respond to this statement because it really bothers me as well.  I think you have a few factors at play here"

1)  You have a reality star/family that people genuinely hate.  For plenty of reasons. 

2)  Then you combine that with Kardashian overload in the media, which I think makes us desensitized to them.  (Example:  "See pics of Kim & Kanye's date night!" (who cares, I hate them) "Kourtney goes shopping in the hamptons!" (who cares, we hate them) "Kendall walks fashion week!" (who cares, I hate them)  "Kim gets robbed at gunpoint!" (who cares, I hate them)  "Scott & Kourtney spend the night together!" (who cares, I hate them). ) 

3)  Then you have us, the customer, who are used to immediate access to information and therefore, that's how information is shared.  If I remember correctly, when the story first broke, it was "Kim K robbed."  Well, that could mean one of her homes, or a hotel, or something -- without any context.  Then it became "held at gunpoint."  Then you found out more details.   In so many ways it was treated as a tabloid story (because she has made herself a fixture in the tabloids), and the information was all over the place, so it made the story, the situation, Kim and everything less sympathetic. 

Combo those thing together and it becomes harder to see her as a legitimate victim of a crime, which psychologically, will have an impact for a long time to come, as opposed to a character in a show we watch every week.  Just my unofficial analysis. 

I remember reading one in-depth article - if I remember correctly it started with the French police, getting the call about a high profile victim, and them immediately knowing that it was not fake, it was not for press, etc.  They immediately had an idea of who had pulled it off.  Then it covered the gang, the problems they've caused in france, etc.  If I remember correctly, it really removed "Kim" from it.  And when you read it, it was like reading an entirely different story.  It was about the crime and Kim as a victim of crime.  Not "Kim Gets Robbed!  Find Out How She's Coping!" 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Some continuity errors from "Aftermath":

The scene where Kim has a panic attack in the bathroom and Khloe shuts down filming:  filmed January 23rd

The scenes where Kendall discusses her dread over having to testify at the upcoming trial:  filmed October 31, several weeks after the trial

The scene where Kim coaches Kendall on testifying against her stalker:  filmed February 14

Do people really think that what they see on this show is entirely real?  No one on the show is a good enough actor to be convincing whenever they are re-enacting (or maybe just inventing from whole cloth) something emotional.  They say these terrible things to each other with absolutely no affect at all.  No way are those conversations and events are happening in real time. 

That's why I try to reserve judgement on some things because we just don't know what's real and what isn't. 

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, iwasish said:

How does a motion detector say that "glass is breaking" Dollars to donuts the dog or dogs got out of their crates or confined areas and set off the motion detectors. And Kylie could give a crap about those dogs. She had one she left in her hot car while hanging out with her father and got annoyed with Kendall for saying the dog seemed hot.

Home motion detectors will typically not trigger for dogs/pets running around or they'd be going off all of the time.  If a dog pushed a door shut or knocked over a large piece of furniture, that would trigger the motion detector.  That Kylie has the $$ to purchase a home of her own, doesn't necessarily mean she is mature enough to be a home owner.  Calling Mommy 24/7 for every random homeowner issue - Kris probably loves this.  She's got them all on a short leash. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Home motion detectors will typically not trigger for dogs/pets running around or they'd be going off all of the time.  If a dog pushed a door shut or knocked over a large piece of furniture, that would trigger the motion detector.  That Kylie has the $$ to purchase a home of her own, doesn't necessarily mean she is mature enough to be a home owner.  Calling Mommy 24/7 for every random homeowner issue - Kris probably loves this.  She's got them all on a short leash. 

I believe Kylie crates her dog when she isn't home, because it craps all over the house. I've seen her cleaning shit up from her closet and seeing the dog in a crate. So it could be that the detectors are not programmed to account for the movement of pets. 

But you are right, Kris lives to be in their business. And then act all put upon.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Even though Caitlyn is awful, I just think it is terrible that she's being written out of family history because she decided to become (publicly) the person that (I am willing to bet) Kris and her kids knew she was all along.  Okay, you wear dresses and makeup out in public now, so you're no longer Kylie and Kendall's parent.  Kris can have all the regrets over knowingly marrying someone who was grappling with their gender, and rushing to the alter in a matter of months with her fingers in her ears singing "nah nah nah can't hear you".  This history re-write is just delusional.

Caitlyn was hardly this put upon victim that she wants to portray herself as.  She was known to have a very dark, dismissive personality.  After all, she abandon her first 4 kids.  And because there was no pre-nup, she clean up financially from her divorce from Kris - who was really responsible for Kardashian empire.

The family may have known of her cross dressing.  But that doesn't necessarily equate to someone being transgender.

• Love 5

What I am saying (and clearly not as successfully as I'd hoped) is that she made herself a much easier and more visible target and made it really easy for them to find the window of opportunity to do what they wanted to do. While the large majority of people are not criminals looking for opportunity, those people are out there and target celebrities for the very reason that they do have the jewelry, etc. There are a lot of celebrities who have her level of wealth, bigger and better jewelry, houses, vacays, appearances, etc., who don't broadcast it all on social media and have not been crime victims.

Besides the jewelry, the fact that Kim cannot stay off social media for more than a few minutes at a time makes it that much easier to know exactly where she is and who she's with.  I thought I read that she had just posted a video chat between her and Chyna right before she was robbed (or something like that).  So whoever was following her on social media not only knew where she was, but that she was alone.

This is what I've always said.  No one deserves to be robbed, or terrified in their own home or wherever they are. But we can all take steps to lessen the probability.

Interestingly enough, just yesterday one of our local news stations ran a story of convicted burglars etc telling home owners how not to advertise that your house/belongings are an easy target. Don't advertise on social media you're going out of town, if so let neighbors know, etc. No all this pertains to the K's but burglars/robbers look for opportunity and she was an easy target. A woman all alone with several million dollars worth of jewelry in a hotel that was easily accessed. 

Kim is known for faking a wedding/marriage, so there are going to be people that think her credibility in every situation is up for discussion. 

And if you want to get real cynical, there are people who think Kanye set it up to get the insurance money because he was $53 million in debt and was beging people on Twitter to give him money.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

And if you want to get real cynical, there are people who think Kanye set it up to get the insurance money because he was $53 million in debt and was beging people on Twitter to give him money.  

That's not actual debt though, it was an investment, and likely not all his own money (he probably had other investors, and created an LLC).  Debt is sunk money that you'll never get back.  He may end up losing some of his investment (or profiting) but it's not like he set fire to $53 million.

"Aftermath" brought in 1.4M viewers (almost half what RHOA pulled in Sunday night).  Down from close to 1.6M viewers for "Paris", and down from nearly 1.5M viewers for the premiere. 

I am not a Kim Kardashian fan *BY FAR*, but the sky must be falling because I found her relatable and even at times borderline likeable in this episode. 

Kris's revisionist erasure of Bruce/Cait's role in the kids' lives was pretty cold.  But then, that's Kris. 

Was anyone else worried that Rob was going to drop the cake?  He's totally the schlemiel of this family. 

1 hour ago, ladle said:

I am not a Kim Kardashian fan *BY FAR*, but the sky must be falling because I found her relatable and even at times borderline likeable in this episode. 

Kris's revisionist erasure of Bruce/Cait's role in the kids' lives was pretty cold.  But then, that's Kris. 

Was anyone else worried that Rob was going to drop the cake?  He's totally the schlemiel of this family. 

True, but I doubt Rob would waste a good cake.

That must be the go to cake, They have the same one at nearly every party. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/27/2017 at 10:11 AM, Misslindsey said:

I did like seeing Matt who used to be on Flipping Out again. 

Major downgrade. Not only did he downgrade his career but he downgraded in terms of the quality of the people around him.  Says a lot about Matt, in my opinion.

Edited by lightbeam
  • Love 1
On 3/28/2017 at 7:00 PM, escape said:

Caitlyn was hardly this put upon victim that she wants to portray herself as.  She was known to have a very dark, dismissive personality.  After all, she abandon her first 4 kids.  And because there was no pre-nup, she clean up financially from her divorce from Kris - who was really responsible for Kardashian empire.

The family may have known of her cross dressing.  But that doesn't necessarily equate to someone being transgender.

Caitlyn deserves a piece of the pie.  I don't think the reality show would have happened if Kris didn't marry her and use her good name to get into the spotlight.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lightbeam said:

Caitlyn deserves a piece of the pie.  I don't think the reality show would have happened if Kris didn't marry her and use her good name to get into the spotlight.

I disagree. KUWTK happened only because of Kim Kardashian’s sex tape, and certainly not because of the participation of Ray J, Brandy’s little brother, or because Kim was the stepdaughter of a has-been Olympian. It was the Kardashian name that got the green light for this show and for that reason it was not called “Keeping up with the Jenners (or Jenner-Kardashians)”. Caitlyn went along for the profitable ride, as have all the rest of the family and their assorted hangers-on. In fact, I believe that the whole hoopla over Caitlyn’s transition was in great part due to her association with the Kardashian fame/infamy. Caitlyn knows this very well and that is why she is more Kardashian-than-thou in everything from her personal style to her now failed reality show. The Kardashians are her role models, not vice versa.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

I disagree. KUWTK happened only because of Kim Kardashian’s sex tape, and certainly not because of the participation of Ray J, Brandy’s little brother, or because Kim was the stepdaughter of a has-been Olympian. It was the Kardashian name that got the green light for this show and for that reason it was not called “Keeping up with the Jenners (or Jenner-Kardashians)”. Caitlyn went along for the profitable ride, as have all the rest of the family and their assorted hangers-on. In fact, I believe that the whole hoopla over Caitlyn’s transition was in great part due to her association with the Kardashian fame/infamy. Caitlyn knows this very well and that is why she is more Kardashian-than-thou in everything from her personal style to her now failed reality show. The Kardashians are her role models, not vice versa.

The show was actually produced before the sex tape even happened. It's easy to think otherwise, because it looks like the show happened after the sex tape, but it was filmed prior to all of the sex tape hoopla. Kris may have capitalized on the OJ stuff, but the fact that she was married to Bruce Jenner was a major draw. I doubt she would have managed to get the show otherwise.

• Love 2

Interesting about the timing, @lightbeam, I didn't know that, I assumed the show came about after the sex tape. What a blessing/curse that Kim Kardashian's sex tape was "accidentally" released, when they already had the show in the can. What a surprise that it came out right when they needed publicity for the show. They are one lucky family...bible!

• Love 1