Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: The Aftermath

• Start Topic

In the aftermath of Paris, Kim struggles to cope with frightening reminders of the robbery, Kendall wrestles with her decision to prosecute an unstable trespasser and Kris makes it her mission to heighten security for the entire family.

oh please with these bitches. AFTERMATH? Seriously? Aftermath is what happened after Hurricane Katrina. Aftermath is what happened after Sandy wiped out entire towns along the east coast. 

Yes it sucks for her. Yes it was scary. She can afford the therapy, and the security, and all of the other protections she needs to help her get past this. What about the millions of victims whose attackers don't get caught, and who can't afford all the coping resources and have to live with their terror -- on their own, in silence -- every single day.

She brought this shit on herself. No sympathy. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

oh please with these bitches. AFTERMATH? Seriously? Aftermath is what happened after Hurricane Katrina. Aftermath is what happened after Sandy wiped out entire towns along the east coast. 

Yes it sucks for her. Yes it was scary. She can afford the therapy, and the security, and all of the other protections she needs to help her get past this. What about the millions of victims whose attackers don't get caught, and who can't afford all the coping resources and have to live with their terror -- on their own, in silence -- every single day.

Simply tell the asshole to call her when he arrives home. And if she's afraid of someone breaking in, having her kid on bed with her, isn't safe for the kid.

And can't she just cure this anxiety like she did with her fear of driving? A quick spin with a SAG card holding therapist? 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, iwasish said:

having her kid on bed with her, isn't safe for the kid.

So she called her husband an a$$hole, right in front of her kid?

I had a random thought yesterday - what do Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman's families think of all of this?

Edited by TheVoicesToldMeTo
families plural
  • Love 4

Kanye was just as traumatized after the robbery as Kim, and I believe this was a factor in his eventual mental breakdown. He didn’t mean to frighten her; he just didn’t hear her calling out as he came up the stairs. I’m sure this was a one-time thing that was immediately resolved with better communication, so why was it necessary for her to film a staged segment “recounting” the incident to her bored and rehearsed mother and sister, calling her own husband an "asshole" for something that was done accidentally? Kim and Kris are determined to milk as much attention and sympathy from the robbery as possible. I’ve long since lost the compassion I previously had for what she went through, since the whole incident has now been monetized for ratings in the usual calculated Kardashian way.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

so why was it necessary for her to film a staged segment “recounting” the incident to her bored and rehearsed mother and sister, calling her own husband an "asshole" for something that was done accidentally?

The family has barely addressed Kanye's meltdown, or dismissed it as exhaustion/dyhration.  I think what they're trying to do here is make it look like Kanye caught some sort of contact-PTSD from Kim, after the robbery, and that his meltdown had nothing to do with a long term mental illness he wasn't treating, and was a predictable end to the manic behavior he'd been exhibiting most of the year prior. 

My bet is that he came home in some crazed mood at 3am and wanted to retile the kitchen floors or plan the family's next vacation to Jupiter. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

The family has barely addressed Kanye's meltdown, or dismissed it as exhaustion/dyhration.  I think what they're trying to do here is make it look like Kanye caught some sort of contact-PTSD from Kim, after the robbery, and that his meltdown had nothing to do with a long term mental illness he wasn't treating, and was a predictable end to the manic behavior he'd been exhibiting most of the year prior. 

My bet is that he came home in some crazed mood at 3am and wanted to retile the kitchen floors or plan the family's next vacation to Jupiter. 

He had a concert, she knew he could be coming home.. probably late,  she knows he is hard of hearing after a night on stage with the loud music and the crowd. She lives with that fucking phone in her hand.... he didn't communicate with her after the show, to tell her how wonderful he did and let her know he was on his way home? Didn't she say that she couldn't sleep without 4 guards outside her house? How is a thief/rapist/murderer going to get past 4 guards?  It's just all bullshit to make us sympathetic to her. Even Kris and Kourtney look bored to tears with her.  I might be slightly sympathetic to her, if I thought all these dramatic scenes weren't carefully staged and scripted, right down to the "no spray tan for a couple days before"  and the laughable concern for Kourtney's mental health... I guess she figured her kids would be just fine without her?

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I might be slightly sympathetic to her, if I thought all these dramatic scenes weren't carefully staged and scripted,

If you haven't seen this latest clip already, you're going to love it.  Kylie calls Kris because her motion detectors go off (she's not home) and Kris 3 way calls Corey to go over and check on things.  Corey isn't getting there fast enough so Kris offers to drive the 3 minutes over to Kylie's house (they live in the same gated community, so why someone didn't call the guard house, the security company, or 911, who knows).  Corey tells her to chill and Kris - petting her hair and lounging in luxury in front of a cozy crackling fireplace with ominous yet slightly goofy background soundtrack - defends her absurd idea to rush over there and refuses to "chill" because she's having a panic attack.  If that's a panic attack, I'd like to have 3 of them, daily.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

If you haven't seen this latest clip already, you're going to love it.  Kylie calls Kris because her motion detectors go off (she's not home) and Kris 3 way calls Corey to go over and check on things.  Corey isn't getting there fast enough so Kris offers to drive the 3 minutes over to Kylie's house (they live in the same gated community, so why someone didn't call the guard house, the security company, or 911, who knows).  Corey tells her to chill and Kris - petting her hair and lounging in luxury in front of a cozy crackling fireplace with ominous yet slightly goofy background soundtrack - defends her absurd idea to rush over there and refuses to "chill" because she's having a panic attack.  If that's a panic attack, I'd like to have 3 of them, daily.

For a family that has at least 3 fab vacays a year and doesn't seem to break so much as a nail doing menial tasks, they are awfully high strung, what with the anxiety and the panic attacks and the OCD.

The twit has motion detectors and doesn't  have a security company to respond to crap like that?

Poor Corey, he's been reduced to carrying Kris's bags and running errands for her still tied to the apron string kids. But maybe its better than dealing with the Biebs? At least there's plenty of young tit and ass to fantasize about.

Kris couldn't go because she's probably shit faced drunk.   

Bet they never call for real security because it was all faked for the show. I wonder how the homeowners association feels about them portraying the lack of security in their gated community?  Who would want to live there? 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Kris couldn't go because she's probably shit faced drunk.   

Her face - in that teaser clip - looked like it was inches away from the business end of a leaf blower on full blast.  I'd imagine she was on a ton of pain meds from some recent face lift, and topped it off with 3/4 a bottle of chardonnay. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Her face - in that teaser clip - looked like it was inches away from the business end of a leaf blower on full blast.  I'd imagine she was on a ton of pain meds from some recent face lift, and topped it off with 3/4 a bottle of chardonnay. 

only 3/4? I guess she tries to convince herself that by leaving 1/4 still in the bottle, she's doesn't have an alcohol problem.  

• Love 2
On March 23, 2017 at 5:00 PM, SailorGirl said:

Part of the "aftermath" has been my continued amusement when seeing Kimmy's cry-face. Never gets old.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Part of the "aftermath" has been my continued amusement when seeing Kimmy's cry-face. Never gets old.

She doesn't believe in therapy. She's told us that many times. Rob doesn't need therapy, he's fat and lazy, Scott is a drunk. She's careful not to mock Lamar but only cause she's scared Khloe will break her nose. She's always able to figure out what her issue is and cure it on her own.

But the ugly cry face... it never gets old. If I were one of the thieves, I'd have taken a selfie with her ugly cry face. For someone so vain, you'd think she'd learn how to cry pretty.  

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
On 3/23/2017 at 2:00 PM, SailorGirl said:

You can't see or hear me but I'm applauding you right now. I couldn't agree more.  She absolutely 100 percent brought this on herself and I feel no sympathy.  What kind of idiot posts pictures of herself, states the value of the ring she's wearing then says she's all alone!?   She may as well have sent a written invitation to the robbers.   What kind of idiot has to announce how much her jewelry costs?

They may not have faked the robbery but with the publicity its gotten, I bet they're thrilled it happened. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Maharincess said:

You can't see or hear me but I'm applauding you right now. I couldn't agree more.  She absolutely 100 percent brought this on herself and I feel no sympathy.  What kind of idiot posts pictures of herself, states the value of the ring she's wearing then says she's all alone!?   She may as well have sent a written invitation to the robbers.   What kind of idiot has to announce how much her jewelry costs?

They may not have faked the robbery but with the publicity its gotten, I bet they're thrilled it happened. 

Kris especially, she got plenty of dramatic screen time,  fully made up.and dressed in all her best black, 

Kris  is a piece of work. "Ever since Rob Sr died all the responsibility for the  kids has been on het" Really? They had been divorced for years and she was married to Caitlyn, worlds best stepfather, by then.But she rewrites history and wipes out any mention of her.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 10

No sense wasting three months of  being a recluse. Agree the lip thing is gross and nothing more than an affectation. 

That "Saint" necklace was hideous. It looked like a dog collar.

• Love 4

Kris has no idea at all what was going on with Kendall? She's asking Kendall, "hey what's up with that stalker guy" like Kris is a stranger who has no idea. Then Caitlyn shows up and and is the same "hey did you have to testify? How did that go?"  Meanwhile Kim's finding out information on Kendall's court case from TMZ? LOL  

They're not pretending now that Corey's the hired security at least.

Kendall's hair cut happened recently at NYFW didn't it? Yet in these scenes some with Kim her hair length varied.

Corey's calling himself the step-father of Kylie now? 

Caitlyn's "nobody's  after me." Made me LOL, Kendall didn't even say what she was thinking. She instead changed the subject to going inside.

North dressed in the Disney costume for Jasmine during the entire birthday was awesome. Since her parents were gone for the day, she clearly got to dress herself.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6

Khloe’s has an executive assistant? Does this mean she has a staff of assistants? She seemed so interested when she was with Kris in the car & Kris was talking about the robbery “yeah. uh-huh, I know” all the while staring out the window.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Kris has no idea at all what was going on with Kendall? She's asking Kendall, "hey what's up with that stalker guy" like Kris is a stranger who has no idea. Then Caitlyn shows up and and is the same "hey did you have to testify? How did that go?"  Meanwhile Kim's finding out information on Kendall's court case from TMZ? LOL  

Exactly, I guess Kendall is at the bottom of the Kris care list, she knows every detail of Kim’s robbery, but when it comes to the guy who was at Kendall’s house, it’s “what happened with that guy?”. I wonder if Kris told Kendall to see a therapist like she told Kim?

Kris feels that she’s their only parent since Robert passed away? Well,  Caitlyn, formerly Bruce, that pretty much tells you your worth in the family.

I don’t understand what happened with Kylie’s house, was it some kind of alarm that said there was a break in? When Kylie was on the phone & she said “what if they do something to Norman?”, I starting liking her more. She was so obviously worried about her dog & not her stuff. I was thinking exactly what Corey said, what did Kris think she was going to do at Kylie’s house if someone was breaking in? Stop them? Especially since Kylie wasn‘t even home so she couldn’t be hurt.

So Corey is in charge of Kardashian security now? Is he getting paid for this? Is it his real job?

My favorite moment of the show, the moment at Kim’s birthday party when I realized that Kim & Rob had the same outfit on.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, bagatelle said:

Kim is so traumatized, yet manages to get that Cher wig on her head to do the most mundane things. She even wore it coming back from Paris.

It's not a wig, they're extensions. They stay in all the time.

• Love 1

The vitrol this woman gets for daring to be rich and robbed is amazing. If you have never been robbed at gunpoint consider yourself lucky.  It changes you it makes you jumpy and cry the smallest thing can cause a trauma for you. I mean really just because she is rich and people dislike her doesn't mean she doesn't have fears, terrors and become traumatized. I was robbed in my 20's at gunpoint and locked in a store with my employers and that changed me. I am overly cautious still. I don't sleep with my back to a door, I check under beds in hotel rooms when I check in. Money doesn't make trauma any less of an issue. Throw in thought of never seeing your kids again and it can really do a number on you!

• Love 11
On 3/23/2017 at 10:15 PM, iwasish said:

Simply tell the asshole to call her when he arrives home. And if she's afraid of someone breaking in, having her kid on bed with her, isn't safe for the kid.

From time to time, we get to see flashes of "Kanye is an A**hole"  so that when she files for divorce (and she will, it's a matter of time), it will look like "Poor Kim, Having to Deal with Him".  We've seen it before -Iceland for example.   Of course, I doubt the family K counted on his upcoming breakdown, so how that they fit that in remains to be seen.  The Kalculating K's control  the editing for the show.  There's a reason why Kim recounted that little vignette for the audience.

LOL at Caitlyn "that hasn't happened to me yet". Don't worry, honey.

At least I got to find out that Corey does serve a purpose in Kardashian Land - security.    But what was with the "stepfather" bit?-"Im a friend of the family", "Mommie made me come over" (all of which Kylie could have confirmed)  - but "stepfather"?  Someone is over-reaching.  Surely he knows Kris has no intention of making that happen.

• Love 6

This whole Corey thing is so strange and awkward. We're supposed to believe he and Kris are an item, yet in their scenes together Kris treats him like he's an employee (and not an employee she particularly likes). She controls the narrative of this show - why can't she muster up a more convincing performance?? 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Maharincess said:

BOld is mine... then she is ever so helpful by telling Rob he shouldn't post pictures of his Rolexes - but offers that nugget of sisterly advice in front of the cameras so that the whole world now knows he has them.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, MsDiva2007 said:

The vitrol this woman gets for daring to be rich and robbed is amazing. If you have never been robbed at gunpoint consider yourself lucky.  It changes you it makes you jumpy and cry the smallest thing can cause a trauma for you. I mean really just because she is rich and people dislike her doesn't mean she doesn't have fears, terrors and become traumatized. I was robbed in my 20's at gunpoint and locked in a store with my employers and that changed me. I am overly cautious still. I don't sleep with my back to a door, I check under beds in hotel rooms when I check in. Money doesn't make trauma any less of an issue. Throw in thought of never seeing your kids again and it can really do a number on you!

I could care less if she's rich and hey too bad she was robbed, but she's never shown an ounce of compassion or sympathy for anyone other than herself. So as far as I'm concerned, she can just suck it up and get over it, the same way she's told others to deal with their issues and problems. The truly traumatized don't go on TMZ to see what's being written about them or give a shit what Howard Stern says. Once she's milked this for all the publicity she can, she'll be all over the place like before, making sure she's seen and in the tabloids. She wasn't killed or even injured, she was lucky. She'll collect her insurance money and replace her bling and go on.  

• Love 15

I don’t understand what happened with Kylie’s house, was it some kind of alarm that said there was a break in?

Some kind of motion detectors went off and there was the sound of breaking glass. I don't get it, they live in gated community don't they? Why call your mother and not 911 or the security for the development? And what actually happened? Nothing, from what "LAPD" said. So was it a false alarm? DId the dogs  set off the detectors? Or was it just some BS for the show?.

• Love 2

I did like seeing Matt who used to be on Flipping Out again. 

Kris said when watching the video with Robert that that was the best time of her life. Really? Ummmm...what about your two kids with Caitlyn? I hate how she keeps trying to rewrite history with Robert. Kris can be sad that he is not alive anymore and that her kids lost their dad, but acting like he was the love of her life or something when she cheated on him repeatedly is so irritating.

If Mason, Penelope and North watched Kanye's video for Kim, they must be wondering who the hell those people are. Most of the K's do not resemble their younger selves at all. Kris, Kim, Khloe, and Kylie are the worst offenders. 

All I understood about the Kylie situation was that the alarm was going off and there was the sound of broken glass. What did Kris think she was going to do, waltz over there in her onesie and tell potential robbers to get out? Kylie was not there so she was safe. I also, do not think Kris getting irritated on the phone equals a panic attack.

• Love 7

Seriously, these people.......

Kris all curled up on the couch in her camo jammies, saying that she was having a panic attack and thinking about driving to Kylie's rather than wait for Corey...not convincing in the least.  My daughter calls, lives close to me, says something is wrong?  I am flying over there like a bat out of hell.  Not Kris!  She calls her  - boyfriend?  Toy?  Personal Assistant/Security?  to go over there instead, even though he's 15 minutes out.  And it's (supposedly) because Corey doesn't want Kris to walk into a "situation."  A situation WHERE YOUR YOUNG DAUGHTER is currently (supposedly) scared crapless.  And yet - Kris is just chllin' on the couch, all snuggly, playing with her hair.  These people are not even trying anymore.  I feel stupider for having watched.

And every time one of them says that they are having a panic attack, I want to throw something through my television in the hopes that it will hit them.  They are not having panic attacks, and to suggest that they are is incredibly insulting to anyone who has actually had one, or witnessed someone else have one.  So shut up, Kris/Kylie/Kendall/etc.

Rob looked horrible in that episode.  That had to have been the peak of his fatness.  He was once a good-looking guy.  He's destroyed himself.

Caitlyn, as always, making a grand entrance, proclaiming that she had no idea what was going on with Kendall's trial.  This stupid family claims to be so close, but not one of them accompanied Kendall to court?  Really?  LOLZ.

And oh, poor Kris, getting the sads while watching video of her beloved former husband...the one she openly cheated on...gosh, that was profound.  Just stop, Kris, no one buys it.  Maybe if he was so amazing, you wouldn't have brought your boyfriend to your house to play with your kids while your incredible husband wasn't there (which she admitted to doing in her stupid book that I stupidly read).

I have a visceral reaction anytime Khloe talks with food in her mouth.  It's like fingernails on a chalkboard, but way worse.

Why can't I quit this show?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

They're not pretending now that Corey's the hired security at least.

This is the same family that, last season, was sooooooo involved with the minute-to-minute non-dramas of Rob and Chyna.

Corey as Kardashian security specialist.  I really hope that is not true.  There's a lot more to security than just hiring a bodyguard to follow you around.  A real security team will handle physical security, strategize family movements to avoid paparazzi/stalkers/weirdos, cover home security and data security (securing your phones, computers, education against phising, not uploading your business to the cloud, etc).  I hope that the K family has now hired the right people to handle this and they're just using Corey as a decoy.

Why are these people constantly having conversations in each others' beds?  They must have to wash their sheets everyday to get the spray tanner, contouring, and other people's perfume smell off.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

My daughter calls, lives close to me, says something is wrong?  I am flying over there like a bat out of hell.  Not Kris!  She calls her  - boyfriend?  Toy?  Personal Assistant/Security?  to go over there instead, even though he's 15 minutes out.  And it's (supposedly) because Corey doesn't want Kris to walk into a "situation."  A situation WHERE YOUR YOUNG DAUGHTER is currently (supposedly) scared crapless.  

I believe Kylie wasn't even home.  She said she was "on the 405".  So the house was empty except for her dog.  It would have been stupid for Kris, an unarmed (and untrained even if she were armed), 61 year old woman, with a penchant for panic attacks, to go over and "investigate", in the dark, alone.  They could have called 911, or the neighborhood patrol for the gated community they live in.  This Kris/Corey to the rescue bull$hit was just to give Kris a relevant plot line in the family aftermath season story arc.  I'm certain she's had weirdos on her property, and recently was the victim of identity theft (someone hacked her email and was posing as Kris) so she could have taken us back to those incidents, but cameras weren't filming at the time, so she had to dummy up a fake scene.  I noticed Kylie fumble her lines "they're breaking in - I mean glass is breaking!"

• Love 4

Thank you, I guess I couldn't really follow that scene because I was distracted by Kris's clothing choice.  I did, however, think that Kylie was actually convincing when she said she was worried that something had happened to her dog.  Was that all acting?  Was there even a break-in?  

I find it odd that the entire show was about Kim's robbery, Kendall's stalker, and Kylie's break-in.  So, Kris - here's where fame has gotten you.  She claims to be terrified for her children, and as a mom, I can't fault her for that.  What I can fault her for is keeping her series going by using all of these events as entertainment for the show.  At what point, if any, does she pull the plug, circle the wagons, and try to truly keep everyone safe?  Will there ever be a point when she decides that they have enough fame, money, etc?  Although the kids are in on it too, and each one has a say as to whether they want to have their lives filmed for all eternity, but I sense that Kris is all "family family family...if one of us is filming, we're all filming."  Who knows.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, MsDiva2007 said:

Please know I am in no way belittling what you went through -- it sounds horrific. The difference between what you went through, however, is that you did nothing to bring it on yourself. Were you or your employers flaunting wealth via social media, bragging about how much your jewelry is worth, broadcasting your location and ease of access to your possessions/business assets, and the like -- she 100% brought this on herself and frankly I am surprised it didn't happen sooner or more often. 

I don't watch this show unless i catch it channel flipping -- I just come here for the blessed snark . . . I was channel flipping on the commercials during Time after Time and saw about 15 seconds and that was all I could take -- they were serving food and Kim played the victim about how she doesn't each much anymore and then the attempt at a family prayer -- I got through "thanks for the food" and had to change -- it was painful to watch people who claim to be religious struggle to get through a simple dinner prayer. That was the maximum of what I could take watching them. Thank heaven for you guys who actually sit through this on behalf of people like me! :-D

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 8
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, SailorGirl said:

Not to mention that most people who have gone through what she went through (or worse), get a few days to pull themselves together (if that) and have to jump back into the daily grind - taking their kids to school, going to work, paying their bills.  No one is throwing them a "sorry you got robbed" party, or whatever inappropriate mess that was.

• Love 7

Before I state anything, I want to say I do feel incredibly bad for what happened to Kim. It's awful beyond words what happened to her. I never really thought the Kardashions made this up really. I am however like most unsure why she felt the need to not just post pictures of her jewelry but then felt the need to state how much it's all worth. 

Anyway. My favorite part of the episode was when Kylie was on the phone about the break in of her house and she seemed to be on every emotion. She was hysterical about her dogs which understandable and then a second later she was kind of just like whatever. Bad acting?  She just seemed really upset one second and then the next she seemed fine. Then again kris is the worst person to try and help a situation if you ask me. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Everything on this "reality" show seems so scripted, down to the prayer Kortney did before dinner. She looked like she was trying to keep from laughing while doing the  "please Jesus, keep the Kardashian Klan safe, in Jesus name, Amen" prayer.

That whole scene with a "break in" at Kyle's was so fake. Kyle was saying there was glass breaking in the kitchen, the motion detectors going off, but according to the police, everything was fine. Who told Kyle there was a window being shattered? Why did she call mom & not the police? My security alarm automatically calls the police.

Which brings me to Kendell' s stalker..first she said he was inside her gate banging on her car window, then it was said later that he was in her house. Again, why did she call her friends & not the police? Sounded like her friends called the police when they got there. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Maya said:

This whole Corey thing is so strange and awkward. We're supposed to believe he and Kris are an item, yet in their scenes together Kris treats him like he's an employee (and not an employee she particularly likes). She controls the narrative of this show - why can't she muster up a more convincing performance?? 

I do not believe for one minute that he is anything more than an employee. They can't even fake chemistry. 

Why do these young girls like Kylie and Kendall have these enormous homes? I would have myself an awesome penthouse in the best part of town if I was that age with endless money. Who needs all those landscape and pool people roaming around the premises, not to mention sleeping in a huge house by yourself.  I just don't get it. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

Please know I am in no way belittling what you went through -- it sounds horrific. The difference between what you went through, however, is that you did nothing to bring it on yourself. Were you or your employers flaunting wealth via social media, bragging about how much your jewelry is worth, broadcasting your location and ease of access to your possessions/business assets, and the like -- she 100% brought this on herself and frankly I am surprised it didn't happen sooner or more often. 

Millions of us have seen Kim's jewels, and it never occurred to most of us to take them from her by force.  The guys who did this are career criminals.  This is what they do.  I don't believe women bring on cat-calling and harassment by having the audacity to walk down a busy street.  Kim could be standing in front of LA stadium, butt naked, with a suitcase full of cash and she wouldn't deserve to be attacked and robbed. 

17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I find it odd that the entire show was about Kim's robbery, Kendall's stalker, and Kylie's break-in.  So, Kris - here's where fame has gotten you.  She claims to be terrified for her children, and as a mom, I can't fault her for that.  What I can fault her for is keeping her series going by using all of these events as entertainment for the show.  At what point, if any, does she pull the plug, circle the wagons, and try to truly keep everyone safe?  

From a TV-show standpoint, they're going to have a hard time keeping fans locked into the aftermath.  There's only so much the audience can take.  Does anyone remember the show Hogan's Family (80's)?  It was a family sitcom, and the star of the show left (the mother) so they killed her off to explain the absence.  Then, a couple of episodes later, the writers burned their house down!  It was just too much.  I feel like Keeping up is treading into that territory and the hard core fans who tune in to see what everyone is wearing, are just not going to be able to process this.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Millions of us have seen Kim's jewels, and it never occurred to most of us to take them from her by force.  The guys who did this are career criminals.  This is what they do.  I don't believe women bring on cat-calling and harassment by having the audacity to walk down a busy street.  Kim could be standing in front of LA stadium, butt naked, with a suitcase full of cash and she wouldn't deserve to be attacked and robbed. 

Very well stated. Saying Kim deserved to be robbed because of her flaunting her jewelry on social media is no better than saying women who wear revealing outfits deserve to be sexually assaulted. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I do not believe for one minute that he is anything more than an employee. They can't even fake chemistry. 

Why do these young girls like Kylie and Kendall have these enormous homes? I would have myself an awesome penthouse in the best part of town if I was that age with endless money. Who needs all those landscape and pool people roaming around the premises, not to mention sleeping in a huge house by yourself.  I just don't get it. 

These are both great points.

Regarding Corey - last night's episode was the first time I have seen a semblance of personality and intellect from him, and I immediately thought - who is this guy, and why is he wasting his life on Kris Jenner?  He actually seemed like he knew what he was talking about, and not only that, he got in her face and told her what's what.  Now, I'm sure she didn't care for that show of strength one little bit, but doesn't she get to control what airs and what doesn't?  As for faking chemistry - he seems to really care for her.  She seems annoyed as hell by him.  I feel stupid asking this, but is he just in it for the money?  

As for the huge houses, agree so much that neither of these girls needs to live alone while dealing with stalkers and break-ins.  I have never understood why Kris was so adamant about each of them getting their own places to live while they are so young.  Wouldn't it make far more sense for them to continue to live at home and be at least somewhat secure knowing that other people are living there, too?  Never made sense to me.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Very well stated. Saying Kim deserved to be robbed because of her flaunting her jewelry on social media is no better than saying women who wear revealing outfits deserve to be sexually assaulted. 

I don't think she deserved it, like I said I just don't know why she felt the need to state how much her ring was. She didn't deserve it though for doing that but it's just a strange thing to do. Same with Kendall a week or so ago, ignoring her alarm and then letting people just hang out in her apartment while she runs an errand or something and being surprised things were stolen from her. 

I too wonder how this story is going to affect KUWTK. It's a good story actually, with substance but like someone else stated most "fans" of this show and of the stars aren't here for this kind of show. They want to see  the clothes and the events and parties. I don't think they want to see these kind of episodes but maybe I'm wrong. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mwell345 said:

But what was with the "stepfather" bit?-"Im a friend of the family", "Mommie made me come over" (all of which Kylie could have confirmed)  - but "stepfather"?  Someone is over-reaching.  Surely he knows Kris has no intention of making that happen.

What's so funny is Kris seemed to pause because she didn't seem to know who it was the officer was talking about. lol

So Corey is in charge of Kardashian security now? Is he getting paid for this? Is it his real job?

I think it was his real job all along, now they're not hiding it anymore probably because it was so obvious.  Kris has always treated him like an employee and his tagging along with Kanye in that Donald Trump photo-op screamed bodyguard/security. He was far behind him, not walking with Kanye like a family member.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, GaT said:

It's not a wig, they're extensions. They stay in all the time.

I'm pretty sure it's a wig. That lace closure, middle part wig is something the Kardashian hair people finally learned how to do. 

• Love 4

There is no way Kris wasn't by Kendall's side, coaching her through the entire stalking incident and trial.  Why there was no footage of this, but instead this contrived set of scenes of Kris going full-bore Liam Neeson in Taken, during Kylie's false-alarm break-in.......I'll never understand. 

Kourtney saying Grace:  Everyone I know who attends church on the reg, knows how to throw down a proper Grace, has a few memorized they rotate through and a couple versions for special holidays.  Kourtney's Grace sounded like when a non-church-goer is put on the spot to say Grace and they're like "Um, Jesus...well, thanks for....stuff....and God something....can we eat now?"

I don't know if it's Kim's lip ring, or the vanta black super straight wig/extensions, or her new eyebrow situation, but the lines around her nose and mouth are really standing out and she looks like she's aged 5 years in 5 months.  As an executive producer, why would she allow herself to look like this in her talking heads?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MsDiva2007 said:

Most people don't have the resources to get help - therapy to help with anxiety, extra security, armed guards, etc.  I don't wish her harm but I don't think she is in the same boat as 99.99% of the people traumatized by a robbery.

41 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I don't equate the two - I would never think that a woman "brought on" cat calling or anything like that.  I do, however think that one must remember that there are bad people in the world, and to take precautions.  

It reminds me of when my grandpa died - my family made sure someone stayed at the house during the funeral beause there are people who check the paper, find out that there is a funeral and think - hey the whole family will be away, and take that opportunity to rob the house.  People were getting robbed, not because they asked for it, but because of a criminal opportunists.  

It is just always a good idea to take precautions, in every situation.  As in - don't advertise your stuff online!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Fair point -- I was in NO WAY saying she DESERVED to be robbed and I agree about women's clothing, regardless of its reveal, "invites" assault, and I sincerely apologize if that is how it came across.

What I am saying (and clearly not as successfully as I'd hoped) is that she made herself a much easier and more visible target and made it really easy for them to find the window of opportunity to do what they wanted to do. While the large majority of people are not criminals looking for opportunity, those people are out there and target celebrities for the very reason that they do have the jewelry, etc. There are a lot of celebrities who have her level of wealth, bigger and better jewelry, houses, vacays, appearances, etc., who don't broadcast it all on social media and have not been crime victims.

Edited to add: And even if those other celebs are crime victims, they don't use it as an opportunity to further self-promote and garner sympathy, unlike you-know-who. . . they typically want to keep it quiet/off-the-radar for many reasons, including the potential trauma involved. It went from "look at me with all my riches" . . . to "look at me, I'm such a survivor" . . . what's the common theme there??? "LOOK AT ME." Because "look at me" is all she's got . . . she has no other talent so she had to find a way to still make it "look at me." 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

It reminds me of when my grandpa died - my family made sure someone stayed at the house during the funeral beause there are people who check the paper, find out that there is a funeral and think - hey the whole family will be away, and take that opportunity to rob the house.  People were getting robbed, not because they asked for it, but because of a criminal opportunists.  

It is just always a good idea to take precautions, in every situation.  As in - don't advertise your stuff online!

This is a very good point, and now with people posting funeral details on gofundme - and that risk gets out to a much larger audience, too.

16 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

As for the huge houses, agree so much that neither of these girls needs to live alone while dealing with stalkers and break-ins.  I have never understood why Kris was so adamant about each of them getting their own places to live while they are so young.  Wouldn't it make far more sense for them to continue to live at home and be at least somewhat secure knowing that other people are living there, too?  Never made sense to me.

These are investment properties.  All of Kris' kids are constantly buying, squatting, selling them within a year or two.  Rob is starting to get into the game now with his R&C money.  I doubt Kylie and Kendall spend much time in their investment properties, which would explain why Kendall seemed to have an open door frat house policy when this burglary occurred recently. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Thank you, I guess I couldn't really follow that scene because I was distracted by Kris's clothing choice.  I did, however, think that Kylie was actually convincing when she said she was worried that something had happened to her dog.  Was that all acting?  Was there even a break-in?  

I find it odd that the entire show was about Kim's robbery, Kendall's stalker, and Kylie's break-in.  So, Kris - here's where fame has gotten you.  She claims to be terrified for her children, and as a mom, I can't fault her for that.  What I can fault her for is keeping her series going by using all of these events as entertainment for the show.  At what point, if any, does she pull the plug, circle the wagons, and try to truly keep everyone safe?  Will there ever be a point when she decides that they have enough fame, money, etc?  Although the kids are in on it too, and each one has a say as to whether they want to have their lives filmed for all eternity, but I sense that Kris is all "family family family...if one of us is filming, we're all filming."  Who knows.

How does a motion detector say that "glass is breaking" Dollars to donuts the dog or dogs got out of their crates or confined areas and set off the motion detectors. And Kylie could give a crap about those dogs. She had one she left in her hot car while hanging out with her father and got annoyed with Kendall for saying the dog seemed hot.

• Love 1