Type keyword(s) to search

Heartaches, Bromances, True Love and Team Arrow: the Relationships Thread

quarks
  • Start Topic

I agree with all of you. But that was my point. 

Oliver is not meant to be this person who is a good life partner. He chose a different life and a different path, which includes death, killings, sacrifices and lies, but also being a hero for everybody else.

Felicity has all the right to want something different in her personal life and just stay for the mission. And that is why I believe they both are moving on.

I don't think they intend to leave Oliver as the guy who can't be a partner. To me it seems like they set it up as something he needs to overcome and that he will need to prove that he developed from, not something that's just who he is and always will be. 

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, rtalive said:

Oliver is not meant to be this person who is a good life partner. He chose a different life and a different path, which includes death, killings, sacrifices and lies, but also being a hero for everybody else.

Felicity has all the right to want something different in her personal life and just stay for the mission. And that is why I believe they both are moving on.

I guess I disagree because part of Oliver's journey is learning that he can have both. He can be the hero and he can be the man in love (and maybe with a family down the line). That was actually part of his journey in s3. And he balanced those two worlds pretty well in s4 until he lied about his kid and it all came tumbling down.

Just because they're stalling the ship this season doesn't mean they're moving on or that Oliver is best alone. That would just be character regression, IMO. 

Also...if Oliver isn't a good life partner, then he shouldn't be given a "bad ass girl" at all so I find that earlier point pretty contradictory tbh. Unless you think he should be the playboy who just has sex and doesn't share a deeper connection with a woman ever again? IDK.

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, rtalive said:

But I disagree, one part of his life does not per se equal the other. Unless I watched the show wrong, the point of 4A, and to a certain extent the first few episodes of season 5, has been to show that Oliver could evolve and start letting people in. 4b was a pure mess written for drama purposes and for stalling the couple in the most contrived and stupid way. 

Perhaps the show will go in the direction of showing that they are both moving on. But I really fail to see how Oliver would be a better romantic partner with someone who is more like him? Two dysfunctional persons don't make a relationship functional.

Edited by RussianRoulette
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

At no point in the show was it shown or said that Oliver liked the fact Felicity was a "normal" girl with no mask. I would hazard a guess that Felicity being nowhere near normal is the appeal for Oliver. And even without the mask, Felicity is fully immersed in Oliver's world.

As for him hardly working with any woman, he's been working closely with Felicity for 5 years now, even admitting he couldn't do what's he's doing without her. Or did you mean side by side with another mask?

He found the woman he didn't have to apologize to in Felicity. She knows who he is and he didn't have to wear a mask with her. So I don't think I'm getting what you meant. Unless you're saying he should apologize at all, even when he's being an absolute jackass like with the baby mama lie.

Hm I actually am not entirely sure what Oliver liked in Felicity. I thought it was her being normal real person, something he told her on their first date. But may be you are also right, there is so much more to this, he probably liked that she is smart, brave and honest.

Working with any woman, I meant in a romantic relationship, what I wanted to say is that he is not a relationship material.

But about not having to apologize to Felicity, I think you are wrong. He has been in a lot of situations when he has to apologize, and took a lot of choices she didn't approve. Which I guess is normal because they are so different people.

15 minutes ago, rtalive said:

Never said that. Felicity is a bad ass.  And I never said he should be with someone with a mask. To be honest I am tired of all the masks popping up in the show.

I prefer him alone, he hardly works with any woman, he is too intense and too complicated.

I just want it to be simple, not so complicated. Diggle told Oliver in season 1, that he should find someone he doesn't have to apologize to or chance. That's how I imagine it. A woman that likes him for who he is, no more drama, no more proving to be worthy.

You said Felicity should be with a nice guy, implying Oliver isn't and Oliver should be with a badass woman, implying Felicity isn't to explain why you don't see them together.

Honestly looking at their behavior in season 4 if I had to give an alternative I'd put Oliver in a normal relationship where he can be a stay at home dad and drop the vigilante life as it was his wish and Felicity with a person that wants to fight crime with her since that's the life she said over and over again she wants.

I have a different take of Diggle's words..a woman that is the "right fit" as he called her should be someone that accepts and wants to share his life (included his nighttime activities) but not someone that doesn't push him to be the best version of himself. Turning a blind eye to his flaws isn't love, pushing him to be better is. 

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

You said Felicity should be with a nice guy, implying Oliver isn't and Oliver should be with a badass woman, implying Felicity isn't to explain why you don't see them together.

But Oliver is not a nice guy. At least this is what people here think, isn't he a cheater and a liar.

And i just imagine Oliver with a bad ass woman, but that does not mean I don't find Felicity to be bad ass. As I said she totally is.

41 minutes ago, rtalive said:

He liked the fact that she is a normal girl with no mask, I agree, and he wanted this normal life.

This was not part of the story -- Oliver never thought of Felicity as "normal" because she has no mask. Her having a mask or not had legit zero influence in him wanting to go away together, or wanting to be with her in S4. He used that excuse in S2, but it was an excuse, not the truth.

They even went out of their way in 4A to portray that Oliver's idea of a "normal" life was pretty artificial, and that Felicity was the one who knew their reality was never gonna be normal.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, rtalive said:

Hm I actually am not entirely sure what Oliver liked in Felicity. I thought it was her being normal real person, something he told her on their first date. But may be you are also right, there is so much more to this, he probably liked that she is smart, brave and honest.

Working with any woman, I meant in a romantic relationship, what I wanted to say is that he is not a relationship material.

But about not having to apologize to Felicity, I think you are wrong. He has been in a lot of situations when he has to apologize, and took a lot of choices she didn't approve. Which I guess is normal because they are so different people.

His dialogue from the date said she was the first person he could see as a person, not a threat or target. "Normal" had nothing to do with it. 

As for him not being relationship material .... you seem to be under the idea that Oliver is meant to be this lone wolf, except that the way the show has set up his story, a romantic relationship is supposed to help him with his journey to becoming a fully realized man and hero. The show has shown Oliver can be an awesome boyfriend (see 4A) but they also wanted him to stumble (and the CW also wanted to keep the main couple apart because TV), which meant the fans had to go through a horrible storyline like the BMD.

I have to apologize, because I don't understand what you're trying to say in the graf about apologizing to Felicity. What am I wrong about?

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I guess I disagree because part of Oliver's journey is learning that he can have both.

That was the s4 theme. And with the end they gave us, proved that he can't have them both. He tried and it didn't worked. I don't think they will try with that theme any more.

36 minutes ago, rtalive said:

That was the s4 theme. And with the end they gave us, proved that he can't have them both. He tried and it didn't worked. I don't think they will try with that theme any more.

Oliver's theme, Arrow's theme is identity: Can he be killer or hero? Can he be man or vigilante? Can he have a "normal" life even while doing abnormal things? We're in the middle of what could be a 7-chapter book, things are rough right now and the hero is not supposed to get or know everything. YET.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
To clarify what I think the theme is actually
  • Love 15

I think that theme is one of the themes of the show, not just something they do for one season. The whole learning to be both Oliver Queen and have a life and be GA has been a storyline since season 2 basically. They imo had him fail because that's how they stall it not because its never happening. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, rtalive said:

But Oliver is not a nice guy. At least this is what people here think, isn't he a cheater and a liar.

And i just imagine Oliver with a bad ass woman, but that does not mean I don't find Felicity to be bad ass. As I said she totally is.

He used to be a cheater, yes and in fact I doubt anyone would consider pre island Oliver a nice guy, he was a douche, LOL. And he did lie, but again, reality is far more complex than how you present it..bad people can do good things and good people can do bad things. 

I don't understand your logic. If you think Oliver should be with a badass woman and think Felicity is a badass woman why don't you conclude with Oliver should be with Felicity? It's the direct conclusion of those premises.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

His dialogue from the date said she was the first person he could see as a person, not a threat or target. "Normal" had nothing to do with it. 

As for him not being relationship material .... you seem to be under the idea that Oliver is meant to be this lone wolf, except that the way the show has set up his story, a romantic relationship is supposed to help him with his journey to becoming a fully realized man and hero. The show has shown Oliver can be an awesome boyfriend (see 4A) but they also wanted him to stumble (and the CW also wanted to keep the main couple apart because TV), which meant the fans had to go through a horrible storyline like the BMD.

I have to apologize, because I don't understand what you're trying to say in the graf about apologizing to Felicity. What am I wrong about?

I just wanted to say that he was in the position to apologize to her a lot. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

But yes, I do think he has to be this lone wolf. It just gives the character so much more charisma and potential. I am tired of story lines where he has to prove himself or evolve because of another person.

4 minutes ago, rtalive said:

Again, I disagree. He might stumble along the way but I think it's a series long journey. 

Or what @SmallScreenDiva said. 

• Love 2

And they are still trying to portray her as a voice of reason or something, continuing with the moral speeches and prop ups. Which to be honest is kind of unnecessary, first because he came a long way to need pep talks all the time, and second it is one sided. 

I think he is always gonna need some advice from others, but yeah its time he start making decisions and doing things without people holding holding his hand all the time. That one thing I dont like about the Olicity dynamic, its need to keep Oliver in this regressive, codependent state to shine.. 

For me, I find it more interesting when tv couples are sort of opposites because they offer two different perspectives/approaches to everything.  It's cool to see how a couple eventually finds the balance to make it work and grow into better people because they complement each other.  When two people are so much the same, they are less likely to evolve throughout the story.  

Not interesting to me, I get exhausted if romantic partnered characters are butting heads all the time. I think thats somewhat an oldTV trope that is not so much used these days. Actually Laurel/Oliver have had this problem more than Felicity/Oliver. When 2 people are so different, sometimes they never find the balance and it would be in their best interest to move on. Opposite attracts but they dont always stay together. 

Edited by HeroLeague
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

He used to be a cheater, yes and in fact I doubt anyone would consider pre island Oliver a nice guy, he was a douche, LOL. And he did lie, but again, reality is far more complex than how you present it..bad people can do good things and good people can do bad things. 

I don't understand your logic. If you think Oliver should be with a badass woman and think Felicity is a badass woman why don't you conclude with Oliver should be with Felicity? It's the direct conclusion of those premises.

Because Felicity does not want to be with him and has a boyfriend now. At the moment this is not happening. And we already had the Olicity relationship, time to move on.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Again, I disagree. He might stumble along the way but I think it's a series long journey. 

Or what @SmallScreenDiva said. 

Really this is the theme of the show? The theme of the show is for Oliver Queen to find that perfect someone? Didn't know that ;)

5 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

Not interesting to me, I get exhausted if romantic partnered characters are butting heads all the time. I think thats somewhat an oldTV trope that is not so much used these days. Actually Laurel/Oliver have had this problem more than Felicity/Oliver. When 2 people are so different, sometimes they never find the balance and it would be in their best interest to move on. Opposite attracts but they dont always stay together. 

Could you please elaborate on why you see them as opposites? I'm genuinely interested because I am not sure I understand aside from the whole darkness/light stuff. 

ETA: I should have clarified. I meant Oliver and Felicity. 

Edited by RussianRoulette
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, rtalive said:

Because Felicity does not want to be with him and has a boyfriend now. At the moment this is not happening. And we already had the Olicity relationship, time to move on.

In other words because you don't like them together, LOL. Which is perfectly fine..I just wanted to clear the "nice guy", "badass woman" misunderstanding.

• Love 13
Just now, rtalive said:

Really this is the theme of the show? The theme of the show is for Oliver Queen to find that perfect someone? Didn't know that ;)

I think maybe you should read my comment again because you've misconstrued my words. I never said it was the theme of the whole show. I said Oliver struggling to balance two sides of himself was a series long journey.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

efb5431c91d587f5a6bcc998994d86d7.jpg

My point exactly. And I was joking of course, sometimes it is hard to follow all of you :D :D :D I didn't expected to stir the waters. ;) Respect all of your opinions.

• Love 1

I dont  really agree but you are allowed to have this opinion, its just as valid as any. This is a long seriased show, no one can really know what endgame they will chose, i dont think even the writers know despite their original plans. 

Could you please elaborate on why you see them as opposites? 

I didnt say I did. I was speaking generally on the whole opposite attract trope on Tv in response to another poster's opinion on the matter. I dont think Arrow has had that much of a problem with this trope like some shows.

Edited by HeroLeague
13 minutes ago, rtalive said:

My point exactly. And I was joking of course, sometimes it is hard to follow all of you :D :D :D I didn't expected to stir the waters. ;) Respect all of your opinions.

Just FYI, I clarified my post upthread because I think you read it wrong. 

13 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

I didnt say I did. I was speaking generally on the whole opposite attract trope on Tv in response to another poster's opinion on the matter. I dont think Arrow has had it much of a problem with this trope like some shows.

I must have read it wrong then. Thanks for clarifying.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HeroLeague said:

I think he is always gonna need some advice from others, but yeah its time he start making decisions and doing things without people holding holding his hand all the time. That one thing I dont like about the Olicity dynamic, its need to keep Oliver in this regressive, codependent state to shine.

The first few episodes of season 1 had Oliver making all the decisions and doing things on his own.  A lot of people thought it was boring, including the EPs, who have said that things got better when Diggle was included and jelled after Felicity was added.

Codependent is a word that gets tossed around a lot. (It's also something that does not exist in the psychology literature,)  I don't see Oliver and Felicity as codependent any more than I see it in Oliver and Diggle.  In both relationships there is give and take.  Sometimes you're right, and sometimes you're wrong and you learn a little.

In fact, the show has often shown that it's when Oliver makes decisions on his own (to go after Laurel's foe instead of backing up Diggle in s1, joining the LoA and kidnapping Lyla in s3, choosing to lie to Felicity in s4) that he screws things up the worst.

2 hours ago, rtalive said:

I know it's hard to see because the writing is pretty non-existent but I get the feeling that she wants to be with him, she just can't be if she can't trust him  to be a full partner.  And really, isn't that what most of us want, man or woman?  Even Oliver's other women (Laurel, Sara, even Helena) also wanted the same thing.  So did Diggle in a platonic way.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I know it's hard to see because the writing is pretty non-existent but I get the feeling that she wants to be with him, she just can't be if she can't trust him  to be a full partner.  And really, isn't that what move of us want, man or woman?  Even Oliver's other women (Laurel, Sara, even Helena) also wanted the same thing.  So did Diggle in a platonic way.

Oliver broke Diggle's trust when he kidnapped Lyla and left Baby SARA home alone. Diggle was allowed to be pissed about that for quite some time. I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing a lot of criticism of Diggle's feelings on that matter. Or that there was no more place for Digg on the show. I'm trying to be diplomatic here, and while Digg and Oliver weren't romantic partners (if only!) the breach of trust was very similar. 

In general, people want to be around people they can trust, and I would think that is more so when you are dealing with life and death situations. Digg and Oliver repaired their work and personal relationship. Felicity and Oliver repaired their work relationship, but I have no problem with Felicity taking longer to repair their personal/romantic relationship. That also comes with the understand that I believe they eventually will repair the romantic aspect of their relationship. And now I've written relationship one too many times. 

• Love 10

The first few episodes of season 1 had Oliver making all the decisions and doing things on his own.  A lot of people thought it was boring, including the EPs, who have said that things got better when Diggle was included and jelled after Felicity was added.

In fact, the show has often shown that it's when Oliver makes decisions on his own (to go after Laurel's foe instead of backing up Diggle in s1, joining the LoA and kidnapping Lyla in s3, choosing to lie to Felicity in s4) that he screws things up the worst.

Im saying that I want Oliver to be more in charge of his decisions/actions, not that I dont want him to have teammates and get advice. I do, Im a big fan of Team Arrow and its expansion. So far S5 is treating Oliver's agency much better, but it could be better Imo. I dont expect him to make good decisions all the time but I do expect him to grow and make better decision next time. 

We all have our preferences. 

Edited by HeroLeague
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, rtalive said:

Give her some nice guy as a boyfriend, at least I hope the police guy will be a nice guy and him some bad ass girl. 

I object to this statement on a cellular level. This narrow definition of what makes a "girl" badass just makes my teeth grind together. Plus, do we remember this quote? "Since when are you such a badass??" "Since always."  

C'mon now. Felicity is every bit a badass and this notion that Oliver can only have some suited up warrior as his "forever" love interest is myopic at best. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I don't think they intend to leave Oliver as the guy who can't be a partner. To me it seems like they set it up as something he needs to overcome and that he will need to prove that he developed from, not something that's just who he is and always will be. 

This right here. If he was where he needed to end up, why wouldn't the show end with season 5? He's alone as "he should be" and that's that. Obviously the intention in the story is for him to evolve, to be someone who can fight crime and be a partner and embrace all these sides of himself and inspire others to do more with their lives and help their city as he has helped it. I mean, certainly other people see this too, right? That this is the whole point of the series?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, rtalive said:

Of course Oliver is a nice guy! But being nice doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes. He has cheated in the past. He has lied. But those don't make him not a "nice guy". Those are flaws that he has to try to improve, not for a woman but because he owes it to himself. That's what we all signed up for when we started watching this show, seeing how this guy evolved into a fully realized hero. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, rtalive said:

I just wanted to say that he was in the position to apologize to her a lot. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

But yes, I do think he has to be this lone wolf. It just gives the character so much more charisma and potential. I am tired of story lines where he has to prove himself or evolve because of another person.

But he doesn't have to evolve because of another person. This season is literally showing that (he's broken up with Felicity). He has to evolve for HIMSELF, for him to realize his true potential as a hero and the Green Arrow. I agree that people shouldn't have to change because of another person, if a person needs to change they need to do it because it's right for them. If it also helps grease the wheels of a relationship, then that's great, but that's more because that person is now finally ready to be in that relationship. Evolving is a personal thing. And it's a hero thing. It's literally part of the hero's journey. College courses study the classic hero's journey. Google it if you want some interesting reading. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, fangirlforever320 said:

But he doesn't have to evolve because of another person. This season is literally showing that (he's broken up with Felicity). He has to evolve for HIMSELF, for him to realize his true potential as a hero and the Green Arrow. I agree that people shouldn't have to change because of another person, if a person needs to change they need to do it because it's right for them.

Finally, a reason for Oliver and Felicity being apart right now.  Oliver needs to grow and mature and because he's single and alone (please don't have him bang anyone!), he's growing for himself, not to please a partner.

Still doesn't excuse the existence of Mayo as Felicity's new bf.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Finally, a reason for Oliver and Felicity being apart right now.  Oliver needs to grow and mature and because he's single and alone (please don't have him bang anyone!), he's growing for himself, not to please a partner.

Still doesn't excuse the existence of Mayo as Felicity's new bf.

WORD. I do believe them being apart is so Oliver can do this on his own and have a chance to be light for others (perhaps even her). That and a stall tactic. 

The boyfriend? I'm kinda falling back on him existing simply so they can say, when fans ask "Why aren't they together now?" that "Oh, she has a boyfriend!" Cuz I honestly see no other earthly reason right now. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, rtalive said:

Here's the thing, Felicity also chose the same path, the different kind of life that includes living outside of the law, and death and killing and sacrifices and lies and being a hero to the other heroes even.  She didn't break up with Oliver because they wanted different lives; she broke up with him because of a huge breach of trust.  

The lies in their lives never have to be to each other.  The lies are there to service the mission and what Oliver did in keeping the kid a secret had nothing to do with the mission.  Yes right now Felicity is with someone else but even that guy is out there fighting crime.  And the other guys she's dated have all had similar interests in righting wrongs.  She wants not to be excluded or lied to but the life Oliver has chosen is exactly the life that she also has picked, with or without Oliver, personal and professional.  

12 hours ago, rtalive said:

Oliver was a lone wolf at the beginning of the show and he was a desperately broken and traumatized human  being that 5 years later is still coping with his past.  Oliver was nearer to a robot when he was a lone wolf than someone full of charisma.  Yes he had potential, but the story means nothing if he never REALIZES his potential.  

• Love 11

I think the TPTB are just stringing Olicity fans along tbh ( and I am one) they really dont have to put these two back together if the same lingering looks that were there in season 1 and 2 are enough to keep them hanging on. I personally agree with the opinion that oliver is destined to end up alone. I don't think there is a HEA for him. In chapter 4 of his story he was making the same mistakes. We're in chapter 5 of his story and it seems he will be regressing in his romantic life. Even if his story has 7 or so chapters in it, I just cant see him evolving to the point where he could be a good life partner, esp with this season focused on "action" and getting "back to basics."

And I dont really understand how his life was so dangerous that William had to be sent away but he'll be able to settle down in the end with a wife and maybe kids? not sure if it has been discussed if felicty wants any but seems that it would not even be an option with Oliver.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, quarks said:

From the "Penance" episode thread:

Let's see what we know:

1. Several script pages released for Arrow indicate that the writers often do script the specific emotions they are hoping the characters reach in a scene.

2. We've also been told, by more than one director, that part of the pre-production process (the eight days they spend prior to shooting) includes going through each scene with the screenwriter and at least one showrunner, sometimes more than one, to understand what emotional beats the scenes need to convey. 

3. We've now had four straight episodes with one major Olicity scene, several lingering Oliver and Felicity looks, several touches, characters calling Oliver and Felicity Mom and Dad, Oliver immediately noting when Felicity wasn't ok, Oliver coming to Felicity's defense, Oliver knowing what fights to pick with her, and an episode ending with Oliver and Felicity again framed together as the leaders of Team Arrow - after one of those lingering looks. With every one of these Olicity scenes left in by the editors, and given final approval by the showrunners.

.....I'll leave you all to your own conclusions on this.

So what you're saying is Olicity is completely and totally dead. Felicity is going to marry Malone and Oliver us going to bring Laurel back to life and get married...because comics! ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

And I dont really understand how his life was so dangerous that William had to be sent away but he'll be able to settle down in the end with a wife and maybe kids? not sure if it has been discussed if felicty wants any but seems that it would not even be an option with Oliver.

During the episode before it was decided, Oliver talked to Dig about how he did it and DIg's answer was basically to keep her close and know where and who she was with at all times.  With William being with his mom, Oliver would not have that option.  He wouldn't be there to protect him.  They never gave a direct explanation but why would they ask Diggle to spell out his methods if it wasn't suppose to contribute something to Oliver's thought process.  He also spoke with Vixen who said give the kid the gift of a childhood but really, if he couldn't protect him, how was the kid to have a childhood?  

Don't know if Oliver would risk it even if he had the luxury of living with his kid, but in my opinion having a kid that lived full time with him would make a pretty big difference. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

Catching up on the spoilers thread, I wanted to ask a couple things - out of curiosity -after someone mentioned they thought they were actually killing Olicity, and how the people connected with the show seem to be wanting to avoid the Olicity related questions at all costs. Though, I don't really know what thread does this belong to.

What was the media's behaviour like, while the shift from LOLiver was happening? We've noticed how media can't stop asking about Olicity, what with it being an important part of the show - how was it in S2 and S3, when the attention of the show was moving away from Laurel/Oliver and onto Olicity?Did they keep asking questions about them? And if yes, what were the answers like?

Part of me is wondering whether they are giving the answers they are giving because Stephen spoiling the boyfriend blew their plan. They set it up as a reveal, were expecting hordes of enraged shippers and buzz, maybe they had in mind a certain kind of reaction to the audience's reaction. Instead it was just meh, so maybe they had to adjust?

• Love 1

They didn't get asked about it nearly as much IIRC, but I recall along with the vague they'll always be an important part of each other's lives, an awful lot of variations on "sometimes soulmate don't end up together".

On top of that, the first episode back had them officially vow they could never be together, kept their narratives distant, had Oliver view her with pity, had him reject her advances and then say he was done with her while he was dating her sister again.   

• Love 1

The beginning of S2 was a big Olicity push in the media, if I remember things correctly. This was when Emily was sent to SDCC interviews with Stephen. I don't remember the LL/OQ relationship getting a lot of attention. That may also be because the showrunners had already answered the questions about playing the LL/OQ relationship back in March (or maybe May?).

I just have to laugh at Stephen's latest answer. Someone in the other thread mentioned that he wasn't aware of the "complicated romantically involvement", but I remember him being pretty well aware of it during S3 - at least when he was on Kimmel's show.