Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Quilt Fairy

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

I don’t think we ever heard anything about the broken engagement of Lauren and Titus. Very mysterious.

• Like 8

Yeah, it's like one day they announced the engagement and the next, the whole thing disappeared. Obviously Lauren doesn't owe anyone an explanation, but I do find the situation very interesting. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Did we hear that the engagement was broken?  Or did his social media just disappear?  I forget. Darn, now they're chewed and spit out gum who have lost pieces of their hearts 😞

• Laugh 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, awaken said:

Did we hear that the engagement was broken?  Or did his social media just disappear?  I forget. Darn, now they're chewed and spit out gum who have lost pieces of their hearts 😞

Both families scrubbed all mention and pictures of the couple on their respective social medias, and Lauren no longer wears a ring. I can't recall there being an official announcement, but it's easy enough to connect the dots. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

how come i can't see any of the links ya'll have shared? has the world gone offline and forgotten to tell me?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, zoomama said:

how come i can't see any of the links ya'll have shared? has the world gone offline and forgotten to tell me?

Is it the Instagram ones? For some reason, we used to be able to embed them but not anymore. Either have to click on the link or wait for a kind soul to screenshot it. Not sure what the deal is. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

On 1/13/2021 at 8:39 AM, ginger90 said:

Caldwell family scavenger hunt. So many cringeworthy moments, to me.

Video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJpfOBbAVcf/?hl=en

Joe's quiet nature really gives good cover for that overly-aggressive Duggar competitive streak, particularly over something so pointless.   It makes a bit more sense for the Caldwell children still in their actual childhoods who will live with this latest blessing/sibling.   For the life of me I can't begin to understand why a grown man in his early twenties with his own third blessing on the way is so fired up about finding out the gender of this soon to be in-law that he would run down small children to reach the clues first.  

Edited by Tikichick
  • Like 14
  • Laugh 5

30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Did Joe seriously trample a toddler? What the heck?!

One thing Boob taught his boys, you gotta be first no matter what.

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

38 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Did Joe seriously trample a toddler? What the heck?!

This comment does not surprise me at all. I chose not to even watch the video. Even though Joe is *whatever* years old and is expecting his THIRD child... he is, himself, still a child. Fuck you Boob and Me-Chelle *SMH*

• Like 12

I did watch, when it was first posted... he kind of stumbles over the littlest Caldwell boy in a general rush to get to the next "clue," and creates a domino effect where some of the other mid-sized Caldwells also fall over/ onto the poor toddler. Joe kept going and didn't look back. Little Caldwell was hysterical crying for a bit and did not rejoin the festivities.

• Like 1
  • Surprise 5
  • Sad 14

See, it looked to me like one of his brothers tripped over him chasing after Joe and the others.  He should have checked that everything was ok though, and appologized if he was the one who caused the accident.

Joe didn't look competitive or anything like that to me.  He was hanging back a bit and helping the kids search for the clues, he wasn't front of the pack trying to find them or anything. 

I also don't know that he's in a position to really help if one of the little Caldwells are upset or anything.  He's not mommy or someone I imagine they spend a lot of time being cuddled and coddled by, so once he was up the stairs (which he was on by the time the kid started crying) there would be no purpose in going back, even if he was the one to trip on him.  

2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It was a cute game for the younger Caldwell siblings. Joe was way too involved.

Even when a little one fell and was crying.  Must. Continue. With. Hunt.   

It's a woman's job to take care of crying children after all.     And Kendra just keeps giggling.    This little peek showed me the future ain't gonna be pretty.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It was a cute game for the younger Caldwell siblings. Joe was way too involved.

Well, think about the typical Duggar birthday party. Didn't they lump kids together, and have a birthday observance for teenagers that was really only suitable for a 6 year old, with all the kids involved? He was probably just acting as he'd been conditioned to while Growing Up Duggared.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Even when a little one fell and was crying.  Must. Continue. With. Hunt.   

It's a woman's job to take care of crying children after all.     And Kendra just keeps giggling.    This little peek showed me the future ain't gonna be pretty.

Sounds like Joe and Kendra will grow into being the new JB and Michelle!

• Sad 4

I kind of forgot what Kendra looks like when she’s not pregnant...

• Like 5
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They’re at a hibachi grill.

I like those places, the schtick gets old but I like the food. Years ago, one opened up near my house. We went with my parents for my son's birthday. The guy comes out (now this is a Japanese place that has sushi as well), starts setting up and my mom opens up a conversation with him--- in Spanish. So he wasn't quite Asian. He thought it was kind of neat and they joked around while he prepared the food. She could always sense when someone spoke her language. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This picture is from the Caldwell family Instagram. Does anyone know who needs the wheelchair?

295AB365-C946-417F-916D-AEB489626A93.jpeg

I remember a year or more ago, when the youngest son had some sort of tumor on his spine.  The Caldwells wrote about how they opted out of the MRI scans when they were told the (very rare) side effects of the contrast media.  I hope their son didn't suffer an unnecessary health problem due to the parents' fear of medical things.

Or the wheelchair could be for the mom, who is said to suffer horrible joint pain during her pregnancies.

Edited by louannems
  • Useful 10