Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Quilt Fairy

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

Recommended Posts

Besides skin cancer, sunburns are just miserable and painful. Those little guys are very fair-skinned. Maybe they did apply sunscreen initially, but it wasn’t enough or they needed to reapply it more often. Maybe they didn’t bother. Either way, if that is sunburn, the boys were probably pretty uncomfortable that night. I burn easily also, so unfortunately I speak from experience. 

Edited by EVS
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, EVS said:

Besides skin cancer, sunburns are just miserable and painful. Those little guys are very fair-skinned. Maybe they did apply sunscreen initially, but it wasn’t enough or they needed to reapply it more often. Maybe they didn’t bother. Either way, if that is sunburn, the boys were probably pretty uncomfortable that night. I burn easily also, so unfortunately I speak from experience. 

On the other hand, there are people (I am one of them) who turn very red out in the sun, to where people will say, "oh, ouch, that's going to be soooooore tomorrow" only to have it fade to nothingness by the next day. I'm not saying that sun protection isn't an issue, or denying that we, in my generation, gave it no thought whatsoever, and only passing thought when it came to our kids. I have a photo of my kids from when we were stationed in Guam, at about 3, 6 & 8 years old, brown as nuts, even the young towhead. I hope we didn't do them irreparable harm. They never had painful sunburns at that age, though all managed one or two by the time they reached 18. Sometimes it just happens. And generally when they are out with friends and sunscreen wouldn't have been a priority in any case. 

As I said, I really hope we didn't lay the groundwork for skin cancer, etc, back in the day when it was only beginning to be seen as a threat, but the chances are that even though the kids look a bit pink it doesn't mean that no one took any precautions, or that they will necessarily have a sore and miserable aftermath. I hope they don't, but they really don't look, to my eye, as though it's anything like inevitable.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That first shot says "Summer's Eve commercial" to me. And jeez, married only two years and already nearly two kids in.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

I love Kendra's dress.

They must really like Joe's butt - wasn't there another professional photo in which his backside was prominently featured? 😄 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 19

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I love Kendra's dress.

They must really like Joe's butt - wasn't there another professional photo in which his backside was prominently featured? 😄 

Joe does have a healthy sized buttocks. No I’m not saying he’s fat or overweight or anything, but it’s got more curve than a typical guy (that’s not a gym rat). And he doesn’t wear his clothes too tight, he’s just got back!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

“ I love when you clean up after me when I’m sick in pregnancy”

 And she didn’t forget the obligatory servants heart and looking forward to what God has in store! 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

Is it the lighting or has she gone blonde?  I suspect the former, but hope it was the latter.  The dress is pretty in a 60's boho way which suits her.  It would be even prettier without Kendra's hand on her crotch.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

The typical kid is just graduating college by age 22 and Kendra will have two kids and be married almost three years by her 22nd birthday. And maybe even pregnant with her third.

If she keeps going at this rate, Anna can throw in the towel and quit making blessings now, because Kendra will be taking over the role as super-breeder DIL.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

That'd be nice if she'd just cut out all the Duggar cliches. Unfortunately, with all the cliches it starts sounding like a load of horse hockey. 

And I do think she means it when she says she loves him very much..... 

I am sick of all the ostentatious kissing, though. Yeah. You people have sex. We get it............And, by the way, so do the rest of us. We just don't feel the need to keep proving it on camera all the time. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

51 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I love Kendra's dress.

They must really like Joe's butt - wasn't there another professional photo in which his backside was prominently featured? 😄 

image.png.cc49e60c1a68e634313402ce87287dc3.png

C'mon. I can't be the only one thinking it.

14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The typical kid is just graduating college by age 22 and Kendra will have two kids and be married almost three years by her 22nd birthday. And maybe even pregnant with her third.

If she keeps going at this rate, Anna can throw in the towel and quit making blessings now, because Kendra will be taking over the role as super-breeder DIL.

Unless Kendra's uterus falls out, she's going to outpace Anna by her 30th birthday.

If (and that is a big if) JB sticks to his promise to giving the TTH to whomever has the biggest family, Anna will be left in the dust. Personally I think Michelle will make sure the Smugs and M'kids get the TTH.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Joe does have a healthy sized buttocks. No I’m not saying he’s fat or overweight or anything, but it’s got more curve than a typical guy (that’s not a gym rat). And he doesn’t wear his clothes too tight, he’s just got back!

Big butts worked well for other, more famous, reality stars. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Is it the lighting or has she gone blonde?  I suspect the former, but hope it was the latter.  The dress is pretty in a 60's boho way which suits her.  It would be even prettier without Kendra's hand on her crotch.

I always considered Kendra a blonde. Her hair does look a bit lighter but it’s the end of summer so that doesn’t surprise me. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I always considered Kendra a blonde. Her hair does look a bit lighter but it’s the end of summer so that doesn’t surprise me. 

I've always thought of her as blonde as well. The hair seems a good bit longer than I remember - I thought it was sort of shoulder, or just below in length, but I never really stopped to notice so could well be mistaken. I do like the dress and the little braid in the hair, though. I enjoy most things with a Bohemian slant. 

As far as Joe's Butt, though I don't make a study of it, I remember, for some reason, when I was seven or eight, calling boys with that sort of bottom "Tinky boys" in my mind and not liking them. I have no idea why or how that came about. Fifty-few years later, I don't really mind that build at all, though I'll admit that a tighter buttock might be a bit nicer. Overall, though, I wonder whether my pre-pubescent self might have been reacting to something she had no intention of finding attractive. And that's about as far as I'll go toward giving a Duggar a compliment

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I've always thought of her as blonde as well. The hair seems a good bit longer than I remember - I thought it was sort of shoulder, or just below in length, but I never really stopped to notice so could well be mistaken. I do like the dress and the little braid in the hair, though. I enjoy most things with a Bohemian slant. 

Kendra has always had long hair. Not crazy scraggly Jill long, but normal people long. She just usually has it behind her shoulders. She is a fan of the little braid. I like braids a lot, so I get behind that. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It seems like in recent years a pregnancy photo shoot with the mother-to-be appearing in Nature in a Long Flowing Dress while Lovingly Cradling the Bump is obligatory or something.  And I’m talking in general, not just the fundie set.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

It seems like in recent years a pregnancy photo shoot with the mother-to-be appearing in Nature in a Long Flowing Dress while Lovingly Cradling the Bump is obligatory or something.  And I’m talking in general, not just the fundie set.

Yes that’s been a popular maternity shoot style especially if you’re pregnant in summer/fall. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

image.png.cc49e60c1a68e634313402ce87287dc3.png

C'mon. I can't be the only one thinking it.

Unless Kendra's uterus falls out, she's going to outpace Anna by her 30th birthday.

If (and that is a big if) JB sticks to his promise to giving the TTH to whomever has the biggest family, Anna will be left in the dust. Personally I think Michelle will make sure the Smugs and M'kids get the TTH.

I have a feeling that it won't be much of a gift by the time it passes to the lucky winner.It's a nasty airplane hanger of a house to begin with, and they don't maintain it at all, and they've had 20+ people banging around in it for 15 years, and it will be another 15 years before they "give it away" to anyone.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

The typical kid is just graduating college by age 22 and Kendra will have two kids and be married almost three years by her 22nd birthday. And maybe even pregnant with her third.

If she keeps going at this rate, Anna can throw in the towel and quit making blessings now, because Kendra will be taking over the role as super-breeder DIL.

At 22, my husband and I had been dating for a year. We were hanging out at bars with friends, drinking, partying, going to movies, concerts, road trips and having the time of our lives. I can't even imagine being on my second child at 22, heck not even having one. I also can't imagine this being my whole life along with Jesus 24/7.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I have a feeling that it won't be much of a gift by the time it passes to the lucky winner.It's a nasty airplane hanger of a house to begin with, and they don't maintain it at all, and they've had 20+ people banging around in it for 15 years, and it will be another 15 years before they "give it away" to anyone.

Better than the mold house with dirty diapers piled on the dresser though!

Expectations are low in this family.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

image.png.cc49e60c1a68e634313402ce87287dc3.png

C'mon. I can't be the only one thinking it.

Unless Kendra's uterus falls out, she's going to outpace Anna by her 30th birthday.

If (and that is a big if) JB sticks to his promise to giving the TTH to whomever has the biggest family, Anna will be left in the dust. Personally I think Michelle will make sure the Smugs and M'kids get the TTH.

Did Jim Bob actually say the TTH would go to the kid with the biggest family? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

44 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Did Jim Bob actually say the TTH would go to the kid with the biggest family? 

I'd have to find it again but apparently so. What a way to pit your kids against each other for an inheritance, by encouraging to reproduce like rabbits.

  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I love Kendra's dress.

They must really like Joe's butt - wasn't there another professional photo in which his backside was prominently featured? 😄 

Their engagement photos.  Joe was wearing jeans. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Joe does have a healthy sized buttocks. No I’m not saying he’s fat or overweight or anything, but it’s got more curve than a typical guy (that’s not a gym rat). And he doesn’t wear his clothes too tight, he’s just got back!

What, no Sir Mix-a-Lot reference? 

(Oh wait, that refers to ladies' butts - men do not have sinful thoughts about other men's butts, perish the thought!)

Joe does have a nice butt though.

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Is it the lighting or has she gone blonde?  I suspect the former, but hope it was the latter.  The dress is pretty in a 60's boho way which suits her.  It would be even prettier without Kendra's hand on her crotch.

She actually pulls this look off effortlessly, whereas Jill has been trying for years to get it, and it's just NOT gonna happen for Jill. 

Jill looks greasy, knobby and grimy, where Kendra looks clean, light and floaty.  I know that sounds bit weird.   *LOL*

  • Like 20
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

As far as Joe's Butt, though I don't make a study of it, I remember, for some reason, when I was seven or eight, calling boys with that sort of bottom "Tinky boys" in my mind and not liking them. I have no idea why or how that came about. Fifty-few years later, I don't really mind that build at all, though I'll admit that a tighter buttock might be a bit nicer. Overall, though, I wonder whether my pre-pubescent self might have been reacting to something she had no intention of finding attractive. And that's about as far as I'll go toward giving a Duggar a compliment

I seen this much interest about a butt since Jax Teller showed his on Sons of Anarchy.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That'd be nice if she'd just cut out all the Duggar cliches. Unfortunately, with all the cliches it starts sounding like a load of horse hockey. 

And I do think she means it when she says she loves him very much..... 

I am sick of all the ostentatious kissing, though. Yeah. You people have sex. We get it............And, by the way, so do the rest of us. We just don't feel the need to keep proving it on camera all the time. 

I saw this pic on insta, and my first thought was that she looks so skinny except for the bump! She reminds me of an actress on TV with just the bump, because she's obviously not really pregnant. I'm sure Kendra is eating a decent diet though. I don't see her being ignorant about cooking like the duggar girls are, so she's staying in decent shape. 

And about the kissing...how does that adhere to their beliefs? Unmarried people might see it! Jana has Instagram, for goodness sakes. What if she saw it and felt totally defrauded?!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Nysha said:

I seen this much interest about a butt since Jax Teller showed his on Sons of Anarchy.

So you missed where everyone was talking about James Garner's butt? I wish I could remember which one it was...I am old and I forget things.

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

So you missed where everyone was talking about James Garner's butt? I wish I could remember which one it was...I am old and I forget things.

Thank you for mentioning this because I was going to! LOL We had a rather extensive chat about that in the Prayer Closet. I'd rather look at James Garner's ass than Josiah's. 😉 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/9/2019 at 4:02 AM, Heathen said:

Did Jim Bob actually say the TTH would go to the kid with the biggest family? 

Well we know Jinger & Jeremy aren’t gonna get it (not that they’ll want it), I can’t see them having more than 3 kids.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:26 AM, Christina87 said:

And about the kissing...how does that adhere to their beliefs? Unmarried people might see it! Jana has Instagram, for goodness sakes. What if she saw it and felt totally defrauded?!

Jana has seen her married siblings kiss and her creepy parents I doubt she’s defrauded. 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

That's actually a very popular pose for engagements, because it shows most of the bride-to-be, and her engagement ring.  It's cute for them, because they're cute. 

The back-to-the-camera for the guy gives him a nice profile, while the girl gets a full face shot that minimizes a double chin, etc.  More flattering to both than a straight on shot, with them standing next to each other.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Cute photos. May all their kids not look like the Duggar’s 🤣. Their baby is pretty cute.

pregnancy really is becoming on her. She looks lovely, calm and relaxed.

I also hope the kids take after the Caldwell side.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Nice pictures except there are some of them which would have looked much better if Kendra would have let both her arms hang naturally rather than one arm doing the "holding baby bump/I gotta pee" look. For example, the first picture of Kendra by herself & the other one with her & Joe walking.

I think this is one of the few times Joe's hair looks good. His hair swirl is much better controlled than in their wedding photos (where the swirl seemed to have had a life of its own.)  Kendra looks gorgeous - I love her hair & her dress is really cute. I like her sandals too & wish I could have worn ones like that when I was 7 months along. Pregnancy sure does agree with her (for now.) Hopefully she'll look this good in Baby #11 Photo Shoot.

Edited by Barb23
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Sorry. Post fail. 

5CBFF1E9-C1B2-4C01-8EDB-CA5DAD05314C.jpeg

I think it's one of Kendra's little brothers.....second from the oldest brother, maybe....Seems odd that he has the Duggar hairline. Their other kids don't seem to have it. 

This is the first time I've been sure he has it -- never saw him from the top before. In front-on pictures it looks like he does but I thought maybe he just had really light-colored hair in that area or something....he seems too young to have that hairline. But now I see that he does. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Who is the preteen with the prematurely receding hairline?  The one entertaining Garrett?

34 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Sorry. Post fail. 

5CBFF1E9-C1B2-4C01-8EDB-CA5DAD05314C.jpeg

I thought you were just making fun of Joe in the first post. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size