Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Quilt Fairy

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Forgive me for asking a dirty old lady question, but how does Joe (or any of the post-pubescent boys) avoid pitching a trouser tent when they've never had sex (or even jerked off) and getthisclose to a woman?

I know; hell awaits.

We can ride together. I was thinking the exact same thing.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

To me, Kendra's outfit looks like the ugly short version of Jinger's awful avocado green shapeless long dress and hideous brown sweater. I think Jinger absolutely knew they were going to FILM her engagement. The floor was marked where they had to stand and the crew had to be ready for the whole thing.

Kendra also chose those drab colors, had her slip showing (who needs a slip with a lead skirt like that?) and her undershirt hanging out. Someone should have shown Joe what a clothes iron was beforehand. I agree those wedgie sandal shoes are awful. Why do they ALL seem to wear them?

Heck, Westiepeach: I have thought about what do those unmarried guys do in that male dormitory when they 'wake up in the morning' and their underwear is 'pitched" in front of those younger boys? Does Jim Bob make them feel guilty some how?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I don't buy for one second that those boys haven't gotten "handy" nope don't buy it in the least.

Since we are sharing I also wonder if Joe since he does resemble a young JB suffers from the terrible breath that JB does I remember Michelle mentioning it once.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

We're gonna need a bus, I need a ride also.

Just bought my ticket . First thing I thought about , he probably had an orgasm after getting this close to her fingers .

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Forgive me for asking a dirty old lady question, but how does Joe (or any of the post-pubescent boys) avoid pitching a trouser tent when they've never had sex (or even jerked off) and getthisclose to a woman?

I know; hell awaits.

Sisters. It happens in lots of families. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Forgive me for asking a dirty old lady question, but how does Joe (or any of the post-pubescent boys) avoid pitching a trouser tent when they've never had sex (or even jerked off) and getthisclose to a woman?

I know; hell awaits.

This is a valid question!  I don't quite believe the no jerking off though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

This is a valid question!  I don't quite believe the no jerking off though. 

Then a guy like Babe shows up and reinforces how bad their body is for behaving naturally, so Joe ends up engaged sniffing whatsherface hands. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Kendra's the oldest of a passel of kids in a family living in Bumfeck, Arkansas. Her dad is a fundie preacher, and her mom AFAIK doesn't pull a paycheck. If Kendra got a check from TLC as an appearance fee for her Counting On appearance(s), she probably signed it over to her Headship - assuming he's a follower of Gothard and a pal of good ol' herpderp JimBob. I doubt that Kendra's ever had money to just go out and buy a new dress because she's having a photo taken.

I'm not snarking, just trying to be real. The Quiverfull/Gothard families who don't have their own TV shows, often struggle financially unless the Headship is a really heavy-duty breadwinner. (Having lots of kids and strict gender roles that forbid wives/daughters from holding jobs and require the males to earn the family money.) Maybe the Caldwells have some family money behind them, so that they don't have to live on what I bet are the pretty slim pickings that Pastor Caldwell brings in from his service as a minister. But if they don't, then I don't expect Kendra to run out and buy a dress for a photo shoot. 

I don't want to suggest tha Kendra should have gotten a NEW dress for the photoshoot, just that she not look like a bag of rags. If she's the oldest, then she probably gets to pick out her own clothes and doesn't have to wear hand-me-downs.

And -- to continue flogging this dead horse -- if she was raised to be a help-meet, why can't she sew herself a pretty little sun dress? As I understand it, her whole reason for being alive is to snag a Gothard man and start pumping out babies. Shouldn't she be encouraged to have a modern modest man-trapping wardrobe?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Shouldn't she be encouraged to have a modern modest man-trapping wardrobe?

 

 

Perhaps she thinks she does?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Is he eating her hands?  Smelling them?  Kissing?  How is this allowed?!

 

I think he's sniffing the diamond. Why? Why do Duggars do anything? 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Sisters. It happens in lots of families. 

I really hope none of them have done that, except for Joshley, the number one son and privileged asshole who got away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

And -- to continue flogging this dead horse -- if she was raised to be a help-meet, why can't she sew herself a pretty little sun dress?

Wouldn't a sundress be too defrauding? She might need to borrow the mustard cardigan to be appropriately modest.

 

(I had to search for the mustard sweater after seeing it mentioned so many times on this board. I regret it now.)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Genevrier said:

Wouldn't a sundress be too defrauding? She might need to borrow the mustard cardigan to be appropriately modest.

 

(I had to search for the mustard sweater after seeing it mentioned so many times on this board. I regret it now.)

Obviously, if it was a strappy little sun dress, she would need a t-shirt (or two) under it, and the mustard cardigan, and perhaps an infinity scarf . . .

There are patterns, though, for sun dresses that have short sleeves and modest necklines. I know that because I've looked through plenty of pattern books in my life, and I can sew a dress, and I didn't spend my whole life preparing to be a help-meet.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Forgive me for asking a dirty old lady question, but how does Joe (or any of the post-pubescent boys) avoid pitching a trouser tent when they've never had sex (or even jerked off) and getthisclose to a woman?

 

They think of Jesus.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Obviously, if it was a strappy little sun dress, she would need a t-shirt (or two) under it, and the mustard cardigan, and perhaps an infinity scarf . . .

What is it with the infinity scarves? Jana seems to have one permanently attached to her neck.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

What is it with the infinity scarves? Jana seems to have one permanently attached to her neck.

They find it easy to be modest that way. kendra's engagement pics looks like she got her clothes at the mission barrel.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

They think of Jesus.

That's even more weird. Imagine getting hard and thinking of Jebus. lol But hey the alternative is rubbing one out and then confessing to mom and dad. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Forgive me for asking a dirty old lady question, but how does Joe (or any of the post-pubescent boys) avoid pitching a trouser tent when they've never had sex (or even jerked off) and getthisclose to a woman?

 

I didn't listen to that whole sermon of Jer's about not letting that happen. Maybe near the end he offered some tips.

4 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

This is a valid question!  I don't quite believe the no jerking off though. 

They've probably learned to do it very very very very quickly. Minimal satisfaction that way, but better than losing your mind because you aren't doing it at all.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

 

They've probably learned to do it very very very very quickly. Minimal satisfaction that way, but better than losing your mind because you aren't doing it at all.

That was my thought too. And the resulting guilt helps keep them in line. These kids can't win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Yep that would be a boner killer. 

I don't know...those flowing locks of hair, gentle loving smile, easy access robe...not to mention the sandled feet....

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Is he eating her hands?  Smelling them?  Kissing?  How is this allowed?!

IMG_7510.PNG

I'm assuming the typical guy would be kissing the hands. If you can't kiss the hands then skip this pose, IMO.

Does Kendra need to buy an iron? Looks like a brand new shirt, wrinkled with creases from be folded.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm assuming the typical guy would be kissing the hands. If you can't kiss the hands then skip this pose, IMO.

Does Kendra need to buy an iron? Looks like a brand new shirt, wrinkled with creases from be folded.

Which begs the question.  If you're going to buy a new top for your engagement photos, why not buy a pretty one?  Why not press it and get the creases out?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

 

Does Kendra need to buy an iron? Looks like a brand new shirt, wrinkled with creases from be folded.

Picture also seems to clarify the "is it a hanging skirt lining or bike shorts" question. That big visible part of the underthing over Kendra's right knee could suggest bike shorts. But there's also a tiny hunk of the same color hanging out from under her skirt on the left that clearly can't be. So I'm calling it -- it's hanging lining.

So here's what she chose to wear for the pics that'll no doubt be displayed fairly prominently and shown to people, perhaps for the rest of her married life: a plain jean skirt that somehow got tattered enough for the lining to hang out in at least two places; a white very very undershirty undershirt that not only pokes out at her neckline but hangs out below her shirt here and there; a pair of wedge sandals that I'm sure she thinks are adorable but that have at least one wedge that appears to be coal-black two thirds of the way up; and a "brand new bought-for-the-occasion" shirt that looks kind of like scrubs or a fast-food restaurant uniform in a dark and somber brown, still replete with all its folded-on-the-shelf wrinkles. And I do mean "all."

Interesting.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Why couldn't she have tucked in the modesty shirt?  Or wear some type of camisole that stayed hidden underneath her shirt?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Why couldn't she have tucked in the modesty shirt?  Or wear some type of camisole that stayed hidden underneath her shirt?  

For that matter, WHY IS SHE LAYERING IN THE SUMMER IN ARKANSAS???  Jesus, these modesty standards are not just stupid, they're cruel. This is such bullshit. 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Why couldn't she have tucked in the modesty shirt?  Or wear some type of camisole that stayed hidden underneath her shirt?  

Maybe she's just naturally a bit of the type who doesn't put a great deal of importance on looks. I suppose it's probably not the worst quality in the world, though a bit unfortunate in someone who is destined to be on teevee for any period of time. She's so young as well...I would think that it would probably take some real conscious effort for someone raised in an environment where the the only requirement made of clothing is that it not be defrauding to really cultivate a sense of style unless it was an inherent personality trait.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

The skirt appears to me to be a homemade skirt of denim-like material with a lining. A novice sewing move is to make the lining the same length as the skirt. Linings typically are at least a half inch shorter than whatever garment they are sewn in. Especially in pants and skirts, so when one sits the lining doesn't show.

Edited to add that a good photographer usually tells folks to adjust their clothing so it sits right. Some even suggest bringing a change of clothes "just in case". In this case the photographer could had said the camera is picking up the creases in Kendra's shirt.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Maybe she's just naturally a bit of the type who doesn't put a great deal of importance on looks. I suppose it's probably not the worst quality in the world, though a bit unfortunate in someone who is destined to be on teevee for any period of time. She's so young as well...I would think that it would probably take some real conscious effort for someone raised in an environment where the the only requirement made of clothing is that it not be defrauding to really cultivate a sense of style unless it was an inherent personality trait.

Yeah, I'm sure she's one of those who doesn't care much. I'm one of those, too, actually. But if I'm hiring a professional photographer, it kind of changes the calculation, at least a bit. Another odd thing to me, though, is that in some of her pictures, she does appear to be not Joy. And her mother seems to be a little image-conscious for this crowd. So in the parent-heavy environment here, I'm surprised her mother didn't push her to spruce up just a bit -- at least iron the shirt and tuck that lining up. But clearly she didn't. Which I also find ... interesting ....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I've been sewing for just about a year and a half and I know that. If it is homemade, it's definitely a fabric that did not need a lining. Must have been awkward. My thing, and it's a minor thing, but i don't understand why they don't tuck their multiple shirts in. maybe it's a "defrauding" thing, probably is, actually, but she would look way better if she just tucked her shirts in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Maybe she's just naturally a bit of the type who doesn't put a great deal of importance on looks. I suppose it's probably not the worst quality in the world, though a bit unfortunate in someone who is destined to be on teevee for any period of time. She's so young as well...I would think that it would probably take some real conscious effort for someone raised in an environment where the the only requirement made of clothing is that it not be defrauding to really cultivate a sense of style unless it was an inherent personality trait.

Maybe she doesn't care about fashion, but it looks to me like she's had her hair highlighted and she's got those damnable banana curls; so she must place some importance on her appearance.

 

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The skirt appears to me to be a homemade skirt of denim-like material with a lining. A novice sewing move is to make the lining the same length as the skirt. Linings typically are at least a half inch shorter than whatever garment they are sewn in. Especially in pants and skirts, so when one sits the lining doesn't show.

It definitely looks homemade and very poorly done at that.  The fabric looks like some sort of shiny pseudo-denim and the construction looks terrible. If it were an 8th grade home ec project, it would get a C minus only if the teacher was generous.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Maybe she doesn't care about fashion, but it looks to me like she's had her hair highlighted and she's got those damnable banana curls; so she must place some importance on her appearance.

She's also wearing a ton of makeup. At Joy's wedding she had even more-enough for two or three Duggar daughters, at least.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

I've been sewing for just about a year and a half and I know that. If it is homemade, it's definitely a fabric that did not need a lining. Must have been awkward. My thing, and it's a minor thing, but i don't understand why they don't tuck their multiple shirts in. maybe it's a "defrauding" thing, probably is, actually, but she would look way better if she just tucked her shirts in.

I think one of the reasons they don't tuck in their modesty shirts is because tucking them in accentuates curves.

And if the skirt is homemade it might have an elastic waist. When sewing, unless the fabric is similar to jersey cotton, elastic waisted garments take some talent to finish looking polished. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

As I throw shade at poor old Kendra, I should say that I once accepted an award wearing a pair of espadrilles, one of whose soles was almost completely detached from the shoe.

I did have some excuse. My workmates had decided to have a picnic before the ceremony, and I was new enough on the job to know nothing about the awards ceremony. But when we got there it became clear that I was monstrously, hideously, frighteningly underdressed for what turned out to be a black-tie event. I sat in the absolute back row, along with most of my coworkers, most of whom did know it was black tie but figured none of us would win anything so we could just sit in a dark corner in our picnic clothes and be unnoticed.

When the shock announcement came that I'd not only won something but won something big enough to require me to go onstage alone and make a short acceptance speech, I had to walk all the way from the back of the auditorium up onto the stage with my sole flapping noisily the whole way.  And wearing a knit miniskirt and a tee shirt in a room full of guys in tuxes.

It's a wonder they didn't refuse to give me the prize.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Forgive me for asking a dirty old lady question, but how does Joe (or any of the post-pubescent boys) avoid pitching a trouser tent when they've never had sex (or even jerked off) and getthisclose to a woman?

I know; hell awaits.

3 pairs of underware and a jock strap.  Just a guess.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

She is 18 and lives at home, so it's hard to believe her mother didn't help at least pick out the clothes. It's possible the heat wrinkled the shirt. 

Then again Joe is in jeans and a rather casual outfit.  If she were any nicer dressed, she would be better dressed than him by a mile. So maybe someone told her that to wear a casual outfit and nothing too formal. 

Also tucking in your shirt may be a generational thing. I rarely tuck mine in.  

In the fundie world, untucked may be the norm since there are so many kids nobody notices how many of them have tucked or untucked shirts. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

She should at least have worn a cute pink shirt to match him.  That's a manageable way to be super casual yet not sloppy. 

I feel bad for both of them because they know nothing else. And they do both seem like sweet kids. I haven't heard Joe say much of anything about being a spiritual leader or her master. And I don't know if I've heard anything from her at all. I'm assuming they'll be married by the time we're introduced to her on the show. 

Theyre going to have children with really big heads. 

Why is the military off limits to this bunch? They pretend to be so patriotic and love vets, so why is that life such a no no? All those "real" people of all religions?

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Y

31 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Why is the military off limits to this bunch? They pretend to be so patriotic and love vets, so why is that life such a no no? All those "real" people of all religions?

Yep, same reason they cannot go to regular schools; too many non-believers. And, in the military, some poor Gothardite boy might actually have to take orders from a heathen or a woman in pants(!) or gasp!- a gay man!!!  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

My husband had to strip down naked along with all of the other men on his first day in boot camp. That alone would probably be enough of a reason for these guys to say no thanks to joining the military.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I've always thought part of it is that they could get job training or even college paid for in the military, and then JB wouldn't have a good reason to tell them not to go!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, toodles said:

3 pairs of underware and a jock strap.  Just a guess.

I could see them doing that!  Great answer :)

I didn't date a lot before getting married, but I did know that young men got very excited easily.  Then there's the "blue balls" thing I heard about.

It just floors me that fundy types don't even get to kiss before marriage, and even jerking off is a major sin.  

Like I saw in a movie, it's not good for a guy to go out with a 'loaded gun,' so to speak. 

3 hours ago, Temperance said:

She is 18 and lives at home, so it's hard to believe her mother didn't help at least pick out the clothes. It's possible the heat wrinkled the shirt. 

Then again Joe is in jeans and a rather casual outfit.  If she were any nicer dressed, she would be better dressed than him by a mile. So maybe someone told her that to wear a casual outfit and nothing too formal. 

Also tucking in your shirt may be a generational thing. I rarely tuck mine in.  

In the fundie world, untucked may be the norm since there are so many kids nobody notices how many of them have tucked or untucked shirts. 

If the young guys didn't tuck, it might be easier to hide a boner.  Maybe fundies don't get them (haha.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Y

Yep, same reason they cannot go to regular schools; too many non-believers. And, in the military, some poor Gothardite boy might actually have to take orders from a heathen or a woman in pants(!) or gasp!- a gay man!!!  

I think you are on to something there.  One would think they would want to serve the country that lets them express their fundyism all they want to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

If one of their main goals in life is to spread their gospel and try to convert others, wouldn't the best places for that be those filled with non believers?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

That brown shirt is very similar to Mechelle's shirts. Joe's jeans are very similar to Blob's jeans. Icky. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, toodles said:

3 pairs of underware and a jock strap.  Just a guess.

I was thinking something similar. Actually, though it's probably more related to that sort of shared Duggar build, they do tend toward the appearance of having Depends or some sort of similarly bulky undergarments. Could it possibly be that there IS some sort of restrictive contraption under there?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Holding her hands in his hand, pressing part of his face onto her body part...was the courtship rule book thrown away for this photo shoot? So risque!

How to avoid boners...cold showers..prayer..picturing your father on top of your mother....

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...