Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Can y'all imagine if men were the ones carrying babies and giving birth? This quiverfull bullshit would be interpreted very differently, for sure.

So true.  I just watched a show on Netflix (reality show, i think it's called An Unorthodox life) and just wow.  there really are people out there like the Duggars - it is like a cult, no ifs, ands or buts.  They were fundies.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

To quote Gloria Steinem, " If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament." Gloria attributed it to a female cab driver in Boston who said it to her.

I always say legal and fully covered by insurance! 

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

FIFY.

I was considering that John David MAY have enough skills to support himself without Daddy, but that may just be wishful .

18 hours ago, SMama said:

Are you referring only to the sons? Derick, Austin, and Jeremy (if he ever comes to terms that he’ll never be famous, just infamous) are able to provide for their families. 

Austin seemed independent when they first married, but now he doesn’t even have a current contractor’s license. They bought their house from JB, and he’s been involved with some of the Mediccorps scams. Derick is the only one I believe can support his family independently at this point.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I was considering that John David MAY have enough skills to support himself without Daddy, but that may just be wishful .

Austin seemed independent when they first married, but now he doesn’t even have a current contractor’s license. They bought their house from JB, and he’s been involved with some of the Mediccorps scams. Derick is the only one I believe can support his family independently at this point.

Derick is the only one we have seen furthering his education because he actually has a real one! We have also seen him actually work at a job not funded by JB. 

• Love 14

Like the Duggar females and their homemaking, schedule shock will be an initial struggle if the Duggar males work out in the real world. Although if Joe becomes a money making real estate agent, he can have a more flexible schedule.

I thought Ben had the only real independent job in the beginning. Derick's mom got him a job at Walmart and Jeremy's dad got him the Laredo preaching gig.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Like the Duggar females and their homemaking, schedule shock will be an initial struggle if the Duggar males work out in the real world. Although if Joe becomes a money making real estate agent, he can have a more flexible schedule.

I thought Ben had the only real independent job in the beginning. Derick's mom got him a job at Walmart and Jeremy's dad got him the Laredo preaching gig.

Didn’t Bin work for his dad’s auto glass company (or something similar)?

• Love 4

IIRC Bin also worked part-time at an insurance agency, although there were no specific details about his position. Pa Seewald screwed up royally when he sold his teenage son to JB thinking it would lead to fame. Having two jobs at 17, even if part-time indicates a good work ethic. Ben could have been done with a four year degree by age 22. Instead, he’s breeding for Jesus, depends on JB to feed and clothe his kids, and is a Duggar for all practical purposes.

• Love 8

I think the SILs will be ok, since they weren’t raised as Duggars. Their families actually worked at real jobs, so they know how it works. It’ll be a huge shift for Ben and Jeremy, but they can do it. The Duggar boys are the ones who will be in deep sh—. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Derick is the only one we have seen furthering his education because he actually has a real one! We have also seen him actually work at a job not funded by JB. 

Now, don't forget, Jeremee has a bachelor's degree and some hours toward a master's, IIRC. He's now furthering his professional education by studying brown-nosing for a degree at the Seminary of St. MacArthur in LA. Majoring in some kind of religious stuff, I assume, with a strong minor in aspirational social media work. (Or do I have the major and minor mixed up?)

ETA: I know, you don't really "major" in subjects at the grad level. I just have not a clue about the curriculum at the seminary, nor do I care to know.  And Jeremee's such a wonderful target for snark, I can't help it.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10

I don't believe Kendra is pregnant. I haven't heard this anywhere else. Carlin is pregnant and maybe Joy too. I know the internet is anxious to have Kendra announce, but it's a little soon for her and I haven't seen this on other sites. I have been convinced some of the Duggars were pregnant when they weren't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

In terms of doing something educational past high school/GED, in addition to the ones listed, Bin, Joe, and Jill have taken classes. Bin has completed one or two programs - maybe an associates and whatever he did at Moody. Joe completed a one year program at Crown College. Jill took lay midwifery courses and whatever else with SOS. We could snark or belittle those accomplishments, but at least they did something.

• Love 7
On 9/24/2021 at 6:54 PM, Cinnabon said:

Didn’t Bin work for his dad’s auto glass company (or something similar)?

His dad had bought into a home-business, auto-glass-repair franchise for a while and Bin worked with him. I don't think his dad had that for very long, but maybe he did and Bin just quit.

Strangely, I've never heard what else his dad ever did or now does for a living. Although I think at the time he did the auto-glass it probably wasn't the only thing he had going. Anybody know what Mike Seewald's vocations/ehterprises were or are? 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

His dad had bought into a home-business, auto-glass-repair franchise for a while and Bin worked with him. I don't think his dad had that for very long, but maybe he did and Bin just quit.

Strangely, I've never heard what else his dad ever did or now does for a living. Although I think at the time he did the auto-glass it probably wasn't the only thing he had going. Anybody know what Mike Seewald's vocations/ehterprises were or are? 

Answering in the Seewald thread.

• Love 3
On 10/9/2021 at 8:28 AM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

In terms of doing something educational past high school/GED, in addition to the ones listed, Bin, Joe, and Jill have taken classes. Bin has completed one or two programs - maybe an associates and whatever he did at Moody. Joe completed a one year program at Crown College. Jill took lay midwifery courses and whatever else with SOS. We could snark or belittle those accomplishments, but at least they did something.

Did Joe pass his classes? Clown isn't acredited and Jill's midwifery career was a joke.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

Did Joe pass his classes? Clown isn't acredited and Jill's midwifery career was a joke.

I don't think we ever heard how Joe did at Crown.  He was never in a degree program, just some sort of Christian studies thing that lasted one school year.  Even if he got some sort of certificate, it wouldn't mean anything or have any value in finding a job.  It's like the participation certificates you get when you play in Little League; meaningless.

Jill's midwifery 'training', mainly done with a 'midwife' who isn't even licensed; was not just a joke, it was downright dangerous.  Anyone thinking that they are capable of handling anything that comes along in pregnancy, labor and delivery after that sort of 'education' is a danger to all pregnant women.

• Love 5

occasionally I check Joe's current real estate listings. He has 2 new listings in the last few weeks. Both look like Jason builds. One is on a lot owned by Josiah's LLC which was purchased in april for $12,000. House on the market for $469,900. The other one on a lot owned by Dwain Swanson's Swanson Properties Llc. on the market for $398,900.

• Useful 10

Eventually, aren't the Duggar LLC's all going to implode on one another?  It's like JD buys an empty lot from Josiah for Jason to build a house using lumber flown in by Jed and sells it to Jere who flips it to Joe who gives it to Justin for a dollar who tears it down and opens a used car lot run by Jackson.

Granted, I don't really know how LLCs work but it all sounds super shady...like if one Duggar doesn't play his part in the complicated scheme, the whole process falls apart and circles the drain until there's nothing left but another empty piece of land and the whole thing starts all over again.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

my thoughts are since they are all shadow JB/duggar enterprise companies, I doubt any of the guys with their name on any duggar connected llc sees any real cash.  Sort of like Jed! sells Jason a vehicle through the car lot. Something JB or a minion most likely bought at an auction, which was then filtered through Jed! and now written off as a business expense for Jason as a company vehicle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 10/12/2021 at 10:30 AM, Rootbeer said:

I don't think we ever heard how Joe did at Crown.  He was never in a degree program, just some sort of Christian studies thing that lasted one school year.  Even if he got some sort of certificate, it wouldn't mean anything or have any value in finding a job.  It's like the participation certificates you get when you play in Little League; meaningless.

I kind of have a feeling that the version of the course Joe took may have only been one semester long. But in any case it was, literally, a course to improve your godbothering.

It was a course offered to anybody who wanted it and it taught them how best to proselytize people. I don't think it was a course that gave out grades or anything remotely like that, so there was probably really nothing to hear about when he was done. There might have been a cheap "certificate of attendance" of some sort. But the course was in no way intended to be any kind of credential for anything at all, at least when he took it.  

As the school was seeking more credibility at the time, they surrounded it with a whole lot of statements about how the course was in no way shape or form connected even a tiny bit to any of the courses they offered for credit. Did everything they could to distance it from all their departments and their allegedly more respectable offerings. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I kind of have a feeling that the version of the course Joe took may have only been one semester long. But in any case it was, literally, a course to improve your godbothering.

It was a course offered to anybody who wanted it and it taught them how best to proselytize people. I don't think it was a course that gave out grades or anything remotely like that, so there was probably really nothing to hear about when he was done. There might have been a cheap "certificate of attendance" of some sort. But the course was in no way intended to be any kind of credential for anything at all, at least when he took it.  

As the school was seeking more credibility at the time, they surrounded it with a whole lot of statements about how the course was in no way shape or form connected even a tiny bit to any of the courses they offered for credit. Did everything they could to distance it from all their departments and their allegedly more respectable offerings. 😁

Trace Bates did the certificate program a couple years after Joe. It was 2 semesters, and he walked at graduation with Tori who, to her credit, attended 4 years. I found that all kinds of hinky.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
To ID TRACE
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Trace Bates did the certificate program a couple years after Joe. It was 2 semesters, and he walked at graduation with Tori who, to her credit, attended 4 years. I found that all kinds of hinky.

Yep. As they were trying to get some form of accreditation, they revamped that course so they weren't perceived to be offering anything that wasn't in some way substantive and therefore legitimate. Which tells us what it was like when Joe took it. 😁

• Love 3
On 10/13/2021 at 2:24 PM, laurakaye said:

Eventually, aren't the Duggar LLC's all going to implode on one another?  It's like JD buys an empty lot from Josiah for Jason to build a house using lumber flown in by Jed and sells it to Jere who flips it to Joe who gives it to Justin for a dollar who tears it down and opens a used car lot run by Jackson.

Funniest thing ever !

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Addison is really cute. I swear I can smell the baby powder just looking at Kendra’s kids. She keeps them in such adorable clothes. 

I know what you mean about the baby powder.They always looks clean and adorably dressed. Question is, can she keep it up when she has 10+ kids? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Addison is really cute. I swear I can smell the baby powder just looking at Kendra’s kids. She keeps them in such adorable clothes. 

I know what you mean, they look like kids in a fabric softener ad. They're a really cute bunch. 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

have Joe and Kendra  moved off the duggar property? why would joe and the little girl be shown walking on a sidewalk in a neighborhood if they don't live there?

Screenshot (155).png

Maybe the Caldwell's neighborhood?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Joe and Kendra seem to have sold the house they supposedly built for themselves, to the Caldwells in July. More likely they sold part of the land on that property since the price was $10,000.

this is the location the caldwells moved to after JB ousted them from the house behind Jed's car lot. (where Jed! and Katey now live)  It is a very wooded area. Caldwell family pics show them with bonfires, kids on a deck looking into the woods and such.

I always assumed from the bonfires that they were clearing some of the property to build another house.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

This is a bunch of people raised on the notion that God will provide for them beautifully if they just do everything he says -- and front and center among everything he says are adamant demands that women not work outside the home, that they pump out as many children as possible, and that they do everything they can to stomp out the notion that homosexuality is something that's built in to people and not a God-defying choice.

So how do they square that with the fact that those who are apparently most faithful to God's commands have to buy a damn house for $10,000 or else live, apparently, with their many many children in a ditch or some such? 

Does this not ever prompt them to re-examine their particular theology and maybe take a little interest in theologies that apparently fit the facts a bit better? 

Apparently not. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

I thought Joe and Kendra built a house. Why buy one with two bedrooms, that is what they have now. That house is not adequate for a family of 11 and counting. Way to provide Papa Caldwell.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

This is a bunch of people raised on the notion that God will provide for them beautifully if they just do everything he says -- and front and center among everything he says are adamant demands that women not work outside the home, that they pump out as many children as possible, and that they do everything they can to stomp out the notion that homosexuality is something that's built in to people and not a God-defying choice.

So how do they square that with the fact that those who are apparently most faithful to God's commands have to buy a damn house for $10,000 or else live, apparently, with their many many children in a ditch or some such? 

Does this not ever prompt them to re-examine their particular theology and maybe take a little interest in theologies that apparently fit the facts a bit better? 

Apparently not. 

So what if they do have to live in a ditch? It’s the next life that matters anyway, not this one. Right?

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

Does anyone else think Paul and Christina are kind of fame-whorish in their own way? I don't understand how that Sun article would be considered newsworthy because it features the in-laws (the Caldwells) and their connection to a famous family (i.e., Joe) doesn't even rank among the top five interesting members of the Duggars. 

It just seems like the Caldwells are in the media more than any of the other in-laws.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Does anyone else think Paul and Christina are kind of fame-whorish in their own way? I don't understand how that Sun article would be considered newsworthy because it features the in-laws (the Caldwells) and their connection to a famous family (i.e., Joe) doesn't even rank among the top five interesting members of the Duggars. 

It just seems like the Caldwells are in the media more than any of the other in-laws.

Absolutely. I think there's a pattern of behavior suggesting that, in fact, Paul Caldwell chose to put his plant church in Northwest Arkansas because of the Duggars.

As I see it, something like this likely happened -- When he was back in Virginia, he saw himself and his wife as a handsome young Christian couple who could turn into a Christian power couple if they just got the right PR breaks. So he decided to ask his church to let him plant a church right near the Duggars. (Arkansas was already in the top two most conservative-Baptist states in the country -- on various measures the top spot wavers back and forth between Arkansas and Mississippi --  so he was not going to a place where there was a significant need for his style of religion. 48 states had more "need" for his church than Arkansas did.)

His plan from the beginning, I'm convinced, was to hook up with the Duggars and piggyback on their fame (and level of influential-people status, to the extent they had that) to get fame and power for himself as he launched various super-conservative-Christian activities.

He and the Duggs, in his mind, were going to help each other gain both religious and temporal power. He glommed onto them as soon as he got to Arkansas. They did work together. They were activists together.  And I'd bet quite a bit that he figured the combination of his beautiful-coupleness and the fame the Duggars already had, both locally and globally, would help him draw crowds. 

It didn't work. Some stuff fizzled and some stuff blew up in his face. ....(Getting young kids to ring doorbells to tell people God didn't make any homosexuals is a tactic with serious pitfalls, he learned, for example)  

So maybe by now he's realized that he isn't going to be king of any Christian hills. I'm sure he thought that, by this time, he'd be running a very large church that could ring any doorbells it wanted.  When you look at the history, I don't think there's much question that being a big cheese and using Duggar fame to help him get there was his original plan when he moved to Arkansas. 

And the urge to become a famous big shot doesn't tend to subside much, even after your attempt has flopped, I think. So I'm sure fame-and-power-whorish urges still lurk in him. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 9
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I haven't kept up much with the connections between the Caldwells and the Duggars. Am I right that the Duggars used to attend the Caldwell's church at one point? And it sounds like there's a rift between the families? Can someone clarify? 

Your information is all correct. A rift occurred around Spring 2020, and the Duggars left Lighthouse Baptist. No one knows what caused the rift; the stories I've heard don't seem plausible. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I remember Kendra saying she struggled with bad morning sickness, to the point where she could only eat one or two foods for weeks. I hope to God she's not pregnant again. She looks exhausted and worn out. 

I couldn’t imagine being sick as a dog and still having to care for 3 small children 24/7.  Joe, go buy some condoms, dude!

• Love 14