Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

My husband and I were born the same years as Ma and Pa Caldwell. She and I were both born in 1980, and Mr. Sleepy and Paul were both born in 1977.

We got married much later, though, and only had 4 children before taking permanent measures to stop the baby train. We had our children in less than six years, and I have no doubt that without the vasectomy I would have another toddler and be pregnant again at this point. From that perspective, the idea that Christina would be expecting again isn't too outlandish to me. However,  also like me, she could just be sporting the permanently pouchy belly of motherhood. I know not every mom gets a diastasis recti, but many pregnancies in rapid succession make it more likely. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

But her last baby was born in, I think, December. Yikes! Not that it's not possible, but her previous pregnancies were fairly spaced out (for a fundy).

If she's pregnant, (and that is an if) it gives the Caldwells an even larger platform. "Look! Our daughter married into the Duggars! And we are just like them! Come follow us on Twitter and Instagram! Visit Pastor Caldwell's church! We do missionary trips to Greece!!!!"

• Love 2
On 7/10/2019 at 6:47 AM, ginger90 said:

45D459FD-DD1F-4E7F-BB92-5D819A0E07E5.jpeg

68B32D6B-92BB-487F-9790-1B93BC2FFE98.jpeg

This dress would be cute if not for the white undershirt. I am not against ladies being modest, and comfortable in what they wear, but that looks like a CHILD’S undershirt, for a pre-pubcent girl who doesn’t wear a bra yet. I’d do a lacy cami, but the neckline isn’t even low (although Kendra is pretty short). 

13 hours ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190710-181915_Instagram-1080x1191.thumb.jpg.68ae7e6b9ce67a8e660e6f41aa0169f0.jpg

Screenshot_20190710-181951_Instagram-1080x1160.thumb.jpg.b5860494fc5adac5a8bb41e8540b2ebe.jpg

Screenshot_20190710-182415_Instagram-1076x988.thumb.jpg.221ad738fc3840db45d07151a52e8536.jpg

Looks like Kendra and her mom are pregnant together again. This would be the 9th Caldwell child.

She looks pregnant to me as well. Either that OR she kept a pooch and is wearing an insanely big shirt. She’s very slender when not pregnant like a poster said above. 

• Love 5

No idea if Mrs. Caldwell is pregnant. It's possible her body just didn't "bounce back" after the last child. The more kids someone has and the older they get, the harder it is to lose the weight. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

No idea if Mrs. Caldwell is pregnant. It's possible her body just didn't "bounce back" after the last child. The more kids someone has and the older they get, the harder it is to lose the weight. 

This is true. I’m not bodying shaming her- I think she is gorgeous, I just wonder why she would wear such a big shirt!

• Love 3
On 7/10/2019 at 9:55 PM, allonsyalice said:

Her mom looks so young, damn! But also, pregnant together??? again??? weird and creepy. How??!!

It's not that unusual in big families where women start having babies at a young age. It's neither weird nor creepy. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It's not that unusual in big families where women start having babies at a young age. It's neither weird nor creepy. 

I have a great aunt that is younger than my aunt.  My great grandmother married at 20 and was still fertile in her early 40s.  My best friend's grandmother was pregnant with her dad at the same time as 2 of her daughters were pregnant.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have a great aunt that is younger than my aunt.  My great grandmother married at 20 and was still fertile in her early 40s.  My best friend's grandmother was pregnant with her dad at the same time as 2 of her daughters were pregnant.  

My great-grandmother married at barely 16 and had her first a year later. She had her thirteenth child 27 years, nine months later, the same year three of her daughters had babies (my grandmother's second). She had her eleventh child the same day the first grandchild was born. 

Back to topic: All the Caldwell females look happy, and so does Mr. Caldwell. I like Kendra's dress. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

When are the twins going to marry a Kendra sister and a Lauren sister?

Kendra's sister Lauren has what looks like a personal ad up on her family's Instagram account (the caldwell family). I think the Duggars aren't interested in adding her to the family.  It's sad to me that it seems that this young woman's options are help mom with the children while living at home or get married.  I can't stress enough how much it bothers that fundies force adult children to live at home until marriage, even if they let the kids get married. 

Lauren Swanson Duggar's sisters are not old enough to marry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Kendra's sister Lauren has what looks like a personal ad up on her family's Instagram account (the caldwell family). I think the Duggars aren't interested in adding her to the family.  It's sad to me that it seems that this young woman's options are help mom with the children while living at home or get married.  I can't stress enough how much it bothers that fundies force adult children to live at home until marriage, even if they let the kids get married. 

Lauren Swanson Duggar's sisters are not old enough to marry. 

You must be way off base, though, since their family motto -- per their Instagam -- is "faith. family. freedom." 

I mean, that's what the whole Duggar connection is about, right? Freedom! 

Yeah. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I thought the rumor was Lauren and Jason, not either of the twins.

That was primarily because they went on that Grecian missioncation and were in many pictures together (but not *together*).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I thought the rumor was Lauren and Jason, not either of the twins.

I assumed it was a get to know you trip with Madi Nicole that didn't pan out. She relocated to Arkansas shortly before the Greece "vacation". Her and family seem to be Duggar clingers like the Swainsons. 

Does anyone remember Lydia of Purple and the ads for her daughters on the website? That's what the pictures of Lauren Caldwell come off as.

They got one Caldwell. Lauren has to look elsewhere. Maybe she can go court the other Keller boy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Kendra's brother ill? It looks like the one in the light suit has something weird going on with his hair. Or is it the lighting?

The new baby looks a lot like Garrett.

1000?cb=20190424190437

I think it’s just the color of his hair plus the lighting. 

Is this a family portrait? Why isn’t at the very least Kendra included? Or is it once you get married that’s it? You are out of the family?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Heathen said:

okay maybe its not creepy, mea culpa for my mischosen word, but it's definitely weird, but hey, I guess YMMV. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

okay maybe its not creepy, mea culpa for my mischosen word, but it's definitely weird, but hey, I guess YMMV. 

I think it was more common years ago when most people got married at younger ages and birth control was not readily available.  These days it is definitely unusual.  

But the big difference, (and where it does seem a bit "off"), is that in the old days women had "menopause babies" but the pregnancies were not intentional. These folks are still actively trying to get pregnant despite the fact that they are grandparents and already have large families.  At least that's how I look at it.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I think it’s just the color of his hair plus the lighting. 

Is this a family portrait? Why isn’t at the very least Kendra included? Or is it once you get married that’s it? You are out of the family?

Did you notice they accidentally left a couple of holes for Kendra, Joe, and Garrett? If Mr. Caldwell moves left, there will be plenty of room for the Caldwell/Duggar squad. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Twelve and a half thousand comments. Citrus and Lemon must be creaming themselves.

And 81,000 likes.  If only 1% of that buys something,  Citrus and Lemon would get over 1000 orders, and all it costs them is a few free dresses.  This is the new form of marketing for the 21st century. 

• Love 11
On 7/12/2019 at 9:16 PM, GeeGolly said:

Is Kendra's brother ill? It looks like the one in the light suit has something weird going on with his hair. Or is it the lighting?

The new baby looks a lot like Garrett.

1000?cb=20190424190437

I hope it’s the lighting, poor boys looks like he’s going through early puberty and loosing his hair at the front just like the duggar boys do. 

7 minutes ago, Aunt Catfish said:

He does appear to be very fair skinned.

He does.  I know with my fair skin I flush easily because of the heat and it is not a sunburn.   I did some yard work this morning before it got too hot and I'm still red an hour later. 

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

He does.  I know with my fair skin I flush easily because of the heat and it is not a sunburn.   I did some yard work this morning before it got too hot and I'm still red an hour later. 

My blonde hair blue eyed  son & I are the same way with the flushing thing & our fair skin.  My son didn't know what it was like to go swimming with just his bathing suit on when he was younger. I  insisted he wear a light T-shirt too even after lathering him with high SPF sunscreen. He wore a hat as well.  

I'm glad to see little Garrett wearing what looks like kid appropriate swimwear instead of street clothes incl jean pants like his dad, uncles & grandfather wore back in the day.  (Makes me hot just typing that.)

• Love 9
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Cute kid, but he looks like he's in desperate need of a hat and sunscreen.

True, but I am absolutely thrilled to see him wearing a life jacket that not only looks like it fits him but appears to be fastened appropriately.

• Love 19
(edited)

The Caldwell family Instagram is filled with stuff you should see if you want to get an idea of who they are. 

First was the personal ad for Lauren Kendra's sister, who decribed among other ways as a "prayer warrior".

Now there's a post of Joe and his father-in-law (?) carrying rifles wearing SWAT t-shirts. If you're looking for this photo, it's burried in bunch of photos of the family starting with Lauren and her friend Madison (greek missionaries) and ends with a photo of Michelle Duggar.

You can see this for yourself on thecaldwellfamily Instagram. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

If I were Kendra, I would hot glue that baseball cap to Joe's head so he had to wear it forever, including during "sweet fellowship." Dude looks way better without the Charlie Brown spit curl.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

It seems like Jinger, Joe and JD prefer the company of their in-laws. They always look like they're having a much better time with them than the Duggars.

Do you blame them?

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I could never hike in a skirt, at least not the hiking we do. I guess if its a fairly easy trail it isn't too bad. 

Kendra has cropped leggings on under the skirt.   If the skirt is lightweight it might not be that uncomfortable.   At least she is not out in one of the Rods denim maxis.

• Love 4
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

Kendra has cropped leggings on under the skirt.   If the skirt is lightweight it might not be that uncomfortable.   At least she is not out in one of the Rods denim maxis.

True.