Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

On 5/12/2019 at 5:33 PM, Snow Fairy said:

My 16 month old girl plays with sticks, rocks, dirt, grass, and even with her brother's car toys... oh the horror right

What are baby girls suppose to do outside if playing with a stick is such a boy thing to do?

Cute pic, lousy comment under it

My three sisters and I, in the 1970s, happily made mud pies, played kick the can and soccer, and all had  Tonka trucks. Mom thought Barbies were “disgusting” and forbade them from the home. We’re all perfectly functional now and not at all confused about whether we are females.

• Love 15
(edited)

I’m ok with her comment. Yes, girls often okay with trucks, etc etc. yes, boys often play with Easy Bake ovens, etc,   But more boys play with trucks than girls, and more girls play with  Barbies than boys.   Even now as adults, we all snark about Men and their quirks and women and their quirks.  I’ve rolled my eyes st some stupid men antics just as my husband had rolled his eyes at stupid women antics. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m ok with her comment. Yes, girls often okay with trucks, etc etc. yes, boys often play with Easy Bake ovens, etc,   But more boys play with trucks than girls, and more girls play with  Barbies than boys.   Even now as adults. We all snark about Men and their quirks and women and their quirks.  I’ve rolled my eyes st some stupid men antics just as my husband had rolled his eyes at stupid women antics. 

Except.....  considerable damage has been done in the past and still is done by adults to CHILDREN who don't fit the part of being a typical boy or girl.  It has nothing to do with adults being quirky.

I suspect you never had your fifth grade teacher tell you that you would grow up to be a lesbian if you didn't start acting like a girl! 

• Love 6

So Anna Duggar is claiming on social media that everyone else is due in November....

This makes sense with Anna, Joy, and Lauren. It does not make sense with Kendra who announced April 11 at 2 months. I had assumed her due date was much earlier. It is possible Anna is wrong, but probably that's right. 

@Barb23 sounds like you'll get the October date you want. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I mentioned on the Benessa thread (where the pic is posted) that it now appears that Kendra just announced super early. Remember the Pinterest baby board that she hastily took down?

Edited by Sew Sumi
Vanessa is not Benessa
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, awaken said:

He’s much more Caldwell than Duggar!  One of the few (only?) grandkids we can say that about!

They are all really still so little, though. Well, some of the M's are getting to where their facial features are settling down, but most of the others are still at stages where they can look like one person one day and someone else the next. I remember that we all thought that Izzy looked just like a Duggar when he was first born, but now he is really looking more like Derick for the most part, especially in the teeth (poor kid!). The aforementioned M's are a mixed bunch, with some definitely looking more like Anna's side of the family.

Of Jessa's crew, Spurgie looks like his mother to my eye, while Henry looks a bit more like Ben, and as far as Ivy, it's still quite unclear who she will look like - she doesn't really look like either of the boys did when they were born as far as I remember.

Felicity seems to be a mix, but more Vuolo has been coming out in her lately.

Gideon seemed the image of Austin when he was smaller, but now there is some Duggar in there as well.

I think it's much more a mix throughout than we might think at first glance. Garrett is really sweet, though - he IS a very pretty child and appears to have his mother's genuinely sunny disposition. You can just see it in his eyes.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

They are all really still so little, though. Well, some of the M's are getting to where their facial features are settling down, but most of the others are still at stages where they can look like one person one day and someone else the next. I remember that we all thought that Izzy looked just like a Duggar when he was first born, but now he is really looking more like Derick for the most part, especially in the teeth (poor kid!). The aforementioned M's are a mixed bunch, with some definitely looking more like Anna's side of the family.

Of Jessa's crew, Spurgie looks like his mother to my eye, while Henry looks a bit more like Ben, and as far as Ivy, it's still quite unclear who she will look like - she doesn't really look like either of the boys did when they were born as far as I remember.

Felicity seems to be a mix, but more Vuolo has been coming out in her lately.

Gideon seemed the image of Austin when he was smaller, but now there is some Duggar in there as well.

I think it's much more a mix throughout than we might think at first glance. Garrett is really sweet, though - he IS a very pretty child and appears to have his mother's genuinely sunny disposition. You can just see it in his eyes.

The thing is, most of the couples generally resemble each other. I think the couple who resembles each other the least is Josiah and Lauren, so it may be easier to tell which way their baby will go more quickly.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

The thing is, most of the couples generally resemble each other. I think the couple who resembles each other the least is Josiah and Lauren, so it may be easier to tell which way their baby will go more quickly.

To a point...though Jill and Derick don't really look anything alike either, and Jin/Jer and Ben/Jessa don't really look any more alike than any two random people. Just that they also don't really have any truly distinctive features which would immediately be noticeable.

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Garrett is really sweet, though - he IS a very pretty child and appears to have his mother's genuinely sunny disposition. You can just see it in his eyes.

I think Ivy looks like Spurge did as a baby, poor Henry though looked like a potato, he’s a cutie now. 

Garret is very cute, definitely looks like Kendra and her family. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:
I can see these two using Mary since they’ve already used a grandparent name for Garrett. 

I think that's a good bet. It also wouldn't surprise me if Joy uses Mary or some variation if she has a girl since, at least based on her post, she seems like she may have had an actual relationship with her. 

• Love 9

Kendra seems like a genuinely sweet person.  Joe just looks happy in general.

The bad thing about them:  it seems that they're deep into the kool-aid, they're very young, and they are likely going to have kids numbering in the double digits.  I see that as unfortunate; obviously, they will not.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Readalot said:

This is the only Duggar family that I think is authentic from both sides. Lucky kids! 

They're authentic to me too, but I see that as more true believers who more firmly believe in the cult than a lot of Joe's siblings. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I look at this picture of their announcement and compare it to Lauren and Si's picture. These two look like an acutal happy family. Garret is adorable and seems like a very happy baby.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, Madtown said:

I look at this picture of their announcement and compare it to Lauren and Si's picture. These two look like an acutal happy family. Garret is adorable and seems like a very happy baby.

And no heart hands on bump!  Or meaty, groping hands fondling bump!!

• Love 16
21 hours ago, Temperance said:

Garrett is barely a year old, and Kendra doesn't turn 21 until August. I really hope they slow down after this, because she will have at least 7 kids by 30 if they don't. 

Isn’t Anna about there?  Just turned 31 and on her 6th?  And Sierra- on her 7th?  (Not sure how old she is).  

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, awaken said:

Isn’t Anna about there?  Just turned 31 and on her 6th?  And Sierra- on her 7th?  (Not sure how old she is).  

Sierra was born September 10, 1989.

(edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 6:18 PM, Lunera said:

Sierra is 29 on her 7th kid!? I swore she was at least Anna's age.

She looks rough, by just looking at her I would think she was in her late 40s.

How sad is that?  My daughter is a year older than Sierra.  She has been married for 3 years but has no children yet.  While Sierra was pumping out babies for Jesus she was finishing college, going to medical school, and completing her residency.  

Different strokes and all, I guess.  But yes, Sierra looks rough.  Being constantly pregnant  certainly takes a toll.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I saw an Instagram post of Joe, Kendra and Garret. Hashtag littleduggarfamily which they use often.

So Anna is trying to steal it? She has starting using it too

Anna has been using #littleduggars for quite awhile. But not sure if Kendra used her Instagram name first or not

• Useful 1

I will say one thing for this couple; they appear to be really in love with each other. Their eyes look happy and I think that they are right where they want to be in life. Of all of their kids, this will be the Duggar couple that follows in the family footsteps because they really want that lifestyle rather than because it's expected. Kendra will be the stay at home mom that follows her husband because she truly and sincerely believes that she's supposed to. She'll be the type that always tells the kids "What did dad say?" when they come to her with a question. It's not my thing, but it seems to be what she wants out of life. 

Josh/Anna - Josh never wanted a lot of kids and probably didn't even want to be married.

JD/Abbie - Will have some kids, perhaps 3-4. More mainstream christian than Gothard. I see them as your co-worker Christian family that you know secretly doesn't like LGTBQ people but they don't broadcast it. 

Jill/Derrick - Jill grabbed on to the first tug she had and will hold on forever. Her life will always revolve completely around what Derrick wants. I think she wants more kids but likely will not have many more due to medical issues. 

Jessa/Bin - Jessa is bitter that as the "prettiest" Duggar girl, she hasn't gotten more from it. I think she truly loves her kid but could give or take her husband. She wears the pants and will continue to do so. I predict a maximum of 4 kids for them. 

Jinger/Jeremy - Jinger has the best life of all the Duggar women in that she's escaped the compound and has some level of freedom. She still has terrible beliefs but I think that she'll be open to change. Many young people change their religious beliefs the more they are exposed to the real world. Jeremy I think will go the way of whatever is best for their image. I think they'll max out at 3 kids. They'll only have more if none of the 3 are boys. 

Josiah/Lauren - Are any words needed here? There is no doubt in my mind that Si would have lived an "alternate" lifestyle if his family wasn't completely intolerant. He was forced to marry and it shows in every aspect of his being. He looks miserable at all times. They'll end up with as many kids as Lauren can force out of him.

Joyanna/Austin - This is another content couple. They seem to enjoy being very "basic" people. I'd predict about 5-6 kids for them. I don't have a lot to say about them because they are boring. 

Did I miss anyone? It gets hard to keep track!

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Kendra's got the cradle-my-baby-bump pose, but I think she's cute in a unique way.  I do like the dress she's shilling.  It's a pretty color and looks like it fits her.  I agree that JoKen are happy together.

• Love 11

It's nice to be happy as a couple but they're going to be dragging at least a dozen children (at this rate) into a world where said children are going to be under-educated and woefully unequipped to deal with life outside the Duggar compound.

That's not entirely fair of them to do to the next generation. But I guess if they're happy.

• Love 5
(edited)
45 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kendra's got the cradle-my-baby-bump pose, but I think she's cute in a unique way.  I do like the dress she's shilling.  It's a pretty color and looks like it fits her.  I agree that JoKen are happy together.

True, that. I also note that Kendra - unlike Lauren at times - has mastered the art of the cradling-the-baby-bump pose without seeming to be playing with her ladyparts. Just saying. 🙄

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

I will say one thing for this couple; they appear to be really in love with each other. Their eyes look happy and I think that they are right where they want to be in life. Of all of their kids, this will be the Duggar couple that follows in the family footsteps because they really want that lifestyle rather than because it's expected. Kendra will be the stay at home mom that follows her husband because she truly and sincerely believes that she's supposed to. She'll be the type that always tells the kids "What did dad say?" when they come to her with a question. It's not my thing, but it seems to be what she wants out of life. 

Josh/Anna - Josh never wanted a lot of kids and probably didn't even want to be married.

JD/Abbie - Will have some kids, perhaps 3-4. More mainstream christian than Gothard. I see them as your co-worker Christian family that you know secretly doesn't like LGTBQ people but they don't broadcast it. 

Jill/Derrick - Jill grabbed on to the first tug she had and will hold on forever. Her life will always revolve completely around what Derrick wants. I think she wants more kids but likely will not have many more due to medical issues. 

Jessa/Bin - Jessa is bitter that as the "prettiest" Duggar girl, she hasn't gotten more from it. I think she truly loves her kid but could give or take her husband. She wears the pants and will continue to do so. I predict a maximum of 4 kids for them. 

Jinger/Jeremy - Jinger has the best life of all the Duggar women in that she's escaped the compound and has some level of freedom. She still has terrible beliefs but I think that she'll be open to change. Many young people change their religious beliefs the more they are exposed to the real world. Jeremy I think will go the way of whatever is best for their image. I think they'll max out at 3 kids. They'll only have more if none of the 3 are boys. 

Josiah/Lauren - Are any words needed here? There is no doubt in my mind that Si would have lived an "alternate" lifestyle if his family wasn't completely intolerant. He was forced to marry and it shows in every aspect of his being. He looks miserable at all times. They'll end up with as many kids as Lauren can force out of him.

Joyanna/Austin - This is another content couple. They seem to enjoy being very "basic" people. I'd predict about 5-6 kids for them. I don't have a lot to say about them because they are boring. 

Did I miss anyone? It gets hard to keep track!

I do think some of the couples are better matched than others.

Joseph/Kendra, JD/Abbie and Jinger/Jeremy all appear to be in sync with each other. I also think Jessa/Ben and Joy/Austin may have had some minor rough spots but are trying to work through them.

I don't think Jill/Derick are in sync, but they think they are. 

I completely agree about Josh/Anna, and Josiah/Lauren. I believe Josh is straight, but otherwise, their marriages seem pretty similar. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That dress looks pretty on her.

I'm guessing all those Citrus dresses are cheaply made with cheap fabrics. But unlike Jill, Kendra took the time to iron out the packaging folds and wrinkles.  She looks cute, even though her modesty tee shirt is way too high.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It's nice to be happy as a couple but they're going to be dragging at least a dozen children (at this rate) into a world where said children are going to be under-educated and woefully unequipped to deal with life outside the Duggar compound.

That's not entirely fair of them to do to the next generation. But I guess if they're happy.

Good point.  I'm the mother of one, by choice, and there is no way I'd even dream of breeding like the featured fundies seem to do.  And being pregnant with my mother pregnant at the same time?  Uh-uh.  Polygamists do the same thing, and while it's no way I'd want to live, I find myself intrigued and horrified at the same time, watching these kinds of shows!  

JoKen just seem the best suited out of all these Duggar couples, IMO anyway.  

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

True, that. I also note that Kendra - unlike Lauren at times - has mastered the art of the cradling-the-baby-bump pose without seeming to be playing with her ladyparts. Just saying. 🙄

Haha, I agree!  Lauren needs to take notice.

• Love 7

When people were pointing out how JoKen seem best suited I was reminded of JB and Michelle. Those two are obviously in love with each other. However they decided to string along 19 kids into their fundie fantasy. It's worked out peachy keen for those two so far. Their kids and grandchildren are not going to fare as well once the TeeVee money goes away.

The grandchildren are essentially being set up for a life of poverty.

• Love 6