Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Lauren didn't get pregnant until late August. Her due date, if the same as Jessa's as she claimed, would have been 6/6. She was married in late June, so not quite a honeymoon baby.

So third time's a charm.

I'm guessing Josiah might think by tracking Michelle's cycle all those years that intercourse is required once a month at a certain time to produce a baby. I'm guessing Lauren probably doesn't know better either.

We may be in for a long wait.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

We may be in for a long wait.

I certainly hope so.  They both need to grow up before adding a baby to the mix and possibly figure out either how to make the marriage work or escape.

• Love 19
On 4/1/2019 at 5:35 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Lauren didn't get pregnant until late August. Her due date, if the same as Jessa's as she claimed, would have been 6/6. She was married in late June, so not quite a honeymoon baby.

I've posted this before but it's impossible for Jessa and Lauren to have had the same due date. Lauren announced she was pregnant at Michelle's birthday, correct? If so, Lauren did get pregnant shortly after the wedding. Not as quickly as Joy, Jill, Kendra, et al. but fairly quickly.

Yeah I figure she got pregnant late July, early August at the latest. It's next to impossible that she and Jessa shared the same due date if Lauren announced at Michelle's birthday.

Not getting pregnant on the first try like Jill, Kendra and Joy but she did conceive fairly quickly.

SiRen might end up being the couple that beat Jeremy and Jinger for longest spacing between marriage and parenthood at this rate though.

Probably for the best. Maybe they can start picking up the slack for Iz and Sam and whatever other nieces and nephews get neglected along the way.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Lunera said:

This one? Found it on a fan page

That's pretty heavily filtered, but all three of them still look happy. I have nothing in common with Kendra except we're both females with long hair, but you know what? I'm kind of envious of her innate happiness. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Is it just me or does he look a little like a Kennedy son in the picture.

The basic Duggar features and the basic Kennedy features are not unalike. Funny how the one family was always seen to be so attractive, while the other, not so much. I could never really see what was supposed to make JFK particularly handsome. Both families have that basic sort of "All American" look which does nothing for me. I guess a lot of the difference is in how you carry yourself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The basic Duggar features and the basic Kennedy features are not unalike. Funny how the one family was always seen to be so attractive, while the other, not so much. I could never really see what was supposed to make JFK particularly handsome. Both families have that basic sort of "All American" look which does nothing for me. I guess a lot of the difference is in how you carry yourself. 

Does this make Smugs the fundy version of Ted Kennedy,

3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And diet.  I'm not saying that the Kennedys ate a wonderful balanced diet, but they would not have been eating processed crap at every meal.  The Kennedys grew up with enough money that they had cooks preparing their meals.  You would not be serving any Campbell soup recipes to the family of a former ambassador, senators, etc.  I also do believe that there is a right amount of alcohol one should be consuming regularly to benefit your appearance and lengthen your life. This is different for each person, but too much and you look bloated and older.

I do think that Joe is benefiting from being outside the TTH.  Kendra is probably making meals with fresher ingredients and more balanced with fewer empty carbs.  You can do that when you are only making meals for 2.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I never thought JFK was handsome. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

And diet.  I'm not saying that the Kennedys ate a wonderful balanced diet, but they would not have been eating processed crap at every meal.  The Kennedys grew up with enough money that they had cooks preparing their meals.  You would not be serving any Campbell soup recipes to the family of a former ambassador, senators, etc.  I also do believe that there is a right amount of alcohol one should be consuming regularly to benefit your appearance and lengthen your life. This is different for each person, but too much and you look bloated and older.

I do think that Joe is benefiting from being outside the TTH.  Kendra is probably making meals with fresher ingredients and more balanced with fewer empty carbs.  You can do that when you are only making meals for 2.

Having smarter things come out of your mouth also makes a difference. You hardly ever hear a Duggar guy saying anything that isn't some vague and garbled cliche that was passed down to him by JB or M. .....

I notice that when any of them says anything that's vaguely witty or perceptive, that guy's stock goes up among viewers (at least temporarily) and I don't doubt that that slight rise tends to extend to people's assessment of his looks, too. 

If you've actually got those "handsome" or "beautiful" balanced, symmetrical features and you pretty much keep your mouth shut, you'll look handsome to most people, even if you're hiding massive stupidity and lack of wit.

But my experience suggests that if you're somewhere in the average range of looks -- which is where I'd put both Duggars and Kennedys, by and large -- saying something intelligent or humorous  -- or even just being reported to have done so -- is also going to make you look way better. .....

That being the case, assessment of the Duggarlings' looks probably would lag behind that of most other average-looking famous guys and not just the Kennedys, I'd guess.

Aside from the Duggarlings, few average-looking somewhat dimwitted-seeming dudes become famous for anything, seems to me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

....to be fair, JFK had Addison's disease and was on a f-ton of meds, which I'm sure degraded his looks.

Actually, I've read that the meds improved his looks overall.  He looked buffer, not so skinny, tanned, and it prevented him from developing gray hair.  He was intelligent and witty, even self-deprecatingly witty.

I've always regretted that I missed an opportunity to meet him on a NJ campaign stop in 1960 as my dad did.  He was 90 minutes late, I was just short of my 8th birthday, and left with my mom and younger brother before he arrived.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

I said "Hello John" to John John in 1992 as we crossed paths in Central Park...

For whatever reason, my main thought when it comes to John John is Elaine from the "master of my domain" episode of Seinfeld! LOL. I guess I'd never really bothered to think much about him before then. He was certainly nice enough looking, but not someone I'd particularly do a double take at if he was just some guy,

As for JFK, to be honest I don't recall him back in the day - we didn't move to the USA until some five years after his assassination - but I always got the impression that people found him attractive. Maybe that was partly a money/power thing, and partly that he was actually a young enough president to even have potential for that sort of appeal. And probably rumors of goings-on with women like Marilyn Monroe didn't hurt.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

Actually, I've read that the meds improved his looks overall.  He looked buffer, not so skinny, tanned, and it prevented him from developing gray hair.  He was intelligent and witty, even self-deprecatingly witty.

I've always regretted that I missed an opportunity to meet him on a NJ campaign stop in 1960 as my dad did.  He was 90 minutes late, I was just short of my 8th birthday, and left with my mom and younger brother before he arrived.

As a little kid I saw the back of Eisenhower’s head as he rode in a limo, also in NJ. 

The Kennedys, IMO had personality and charm which  made them appealing to the masses, unlike the Duggars, who can’t spit out a cohesive sentence.

• Love 14

JFK, Duggar-style: "Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for my wallet!" 

I never particularly found the Kennedy men attractive appearance-wise, though I get why a lot of people do/did. I think there is something sort of generically jaunty and all-American about them, though personality and charm, as others have mentioned, is part of that, too. And I think that makes a big difference in how they're perceived versus how the Duggars are. 

Actually, I always thought Rosemary, when she was a young woman pre-lobotomy, was the most striking-looking member of the family. Poor Rosemary. 😞 

• Love 5

Rosemary had severe depression. She was not slow as they thought she was. She was acting out due to the mental and physical pain she was in due to her mental illness. What her father did to her to control her was terrible.

In some ways, JB is just as bad as Joe Kennedy. He did things to cover up what Smugs did to his sisters in order to get his own television show. He and Joe Kennedy should be the ones getting a lobotomy. I secretly hope the Duggar children treat JB the same way he treated his father when he was dying by pushing him around in a chair and saying JB abused them.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Rosemary had severe depression. She was not slow as they thought she was. She was acting out due to the mental and physical pain she was in due to her mental illness. What her father did to her to control her was terrible.

In some ways, JB is just as bad as Joe Kennedy. He did things to cover up what Smugs did to his sisters in order to get his own television show. He and Joe Kennedy should be the ones getting a lobotomy. I secretly hope the Duggar children treat JB the same way he treated his father when he was dying by pushing him around in a chair and saying JB abused them.

Yes, what happened to her was just terrible. 😞 

I think the entire emotional dynamic in that family was really unhealthy. I remember reading a bio about RFK last year that mentioned as a child he nearly drowned because he jumped off the family yacht, hoping someone would notice him.

Actually, that's probably a scenario some of the Duggar kids could relate to. Minus the family yacht, of course.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes, what happened to her was just terrible. 😞 

I think the entire emotional dynamic in that family was really unhealthy. I remember reading a bio about RFK last year that mentioned as a child he nearly drowned because he jumped off the family yacht, hoping someone would notice him.

Actually, that's probably a scenario some of the Duggar kids could relate to. Minus the family yacht, of course.  

They could put JB and Michelle on a small leaking boat out in the middle of the ocean and wave goodbye to them and have a party to celebrate afterwards.

3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Good luck to them. They're still living in a house the don't own, on his family land, with no visible means of support, right? Wise choice for a blessing, God.

That has not stop any of these nitwits before.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Oh please! God sits around all day helping her get pregnant. I think he has more important issues to worry about.

Exactly!  Although...that would explain a lot of the war, disease, genocide, and other forms of human suffering in the world if there's a higher being who is only focused on helping Duggars reproduce....  

On 4/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, bythelake said:

Except the Kennedy brothers all had great hair. The Duggar boys,not so much.

And they (and their wives) also wore well-fitting, stylist-yet-appropriate clothing.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
23 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Exactly!  Although...that would explain a lot of the war, disease, genocide, and other suffering if there's a higher being who is only focused on helping Duggars reproduce....  

I love it!

"Why does a benevolent God allow evil in the world?" 

"Too busy helping Duggars get pregnant." 

Disturbing that God and Jim Bob have the same top priority. 

Too bad that TLC probably won't spring for any more trips abroad where Jim Bob can collar innocent strangers on the street and brag to them about how many children and grandchildren he has.. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Good luck to them. They're still living in a house the don't own, on his family land, with no visible means of support, right? Wise choice for a blessing, God.

Oh, that's all part of JB's master plan. He wants a big Duggar tribe all living and working together, under JB's headship, including his kids and grandkids and great-grandkids, and unto all the generations, amen. 

JB must be spitting nails that Jinger and Jer are off doing Jeremy's thing and not living under JB's thumb. And JB must also be annoyed that Derick seems to be out of (JB's) control and has picked a public feud with TLC aka the cash cow. JB's tight with Austin's dad, so I suppose JB is okay with Joy not being literally on Duggar land. She's still close by, and her headship seems to be a serious Kool-aid drinker.

• Love 10

When I mentioned the new Instagram family profile picture, I had already heard the speculation that given how nice the photo was it was a pregnancy announcement. I was sure that was right, but I didn't post it here.  (The profile doesn't show the announcement, but it's the same clothes.)

Garrett is ten months and since they're announcing the pregnancy with a big magazine spread, she's most likely at least three months along. That means the baby will be somewhere about 15-17 months younger than Garrett. 

Joe and Kendra have been my pick to have the most kids of the first nine Duggar kids. They both seem fundie enough to keep going and have a big quiver. 

• Love 9

If she's announcing now it means she's over 12 weeks, so she got pregnant when Garrett was only 7 months. 

I knew she was pregnant even before the Pinterest stuff. Her getting overly emotional and crying when she found out Jessa was pregnant was the first sign. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Lunera said:

If she's announcing now it means she's over 12 weeks, so she got pregnant when Garrett was only 7 months. 

I knew she was pregnant even before the Pinterest stuff. Her getting overly emotional and crying when she found out Jessa was pregnant was the first sign. 

Jessa announced to the family in December. I don't think Kendra is *that* far along.

33 minutes ago, drafan said:

OK, I just looked at that mag pic, and what in the world is that black blob spreading across her knees?

There is a comment I want to make, but I do not want to spend the rest of my life in the Prayer Closet.

UGH. Kendra and I had the same due date last year. I could not imagine being pregnant right now. I know a lot of people get pregnant around the 1 year mark but it just seems so soon to me!! 

Does Joe have a job?? Especially with the rumblings of TLC maybe pulling the plug soon, how are they going to feed a quiver?

They are so young and are going to be so stressed out if they keep knocking out kids every year. It's really sad. 

• Love 15

JB is probably jumping for joy. Keep those kids pregnant and the show goes on forever.

That’s all they do. That is their whole life. Screwing for Jesus.( sorry for the blasphemy)

First Jessa, now Kendra, then Joy, Lauren ,Abby and then Jinger., and they start all over again.

Who know what’s happening with Jill and if Anna will add to her brood, but it doesn’t matter, JB’s got more kids growing up ready to take their place.

This shitshow  will never end.

• Love 4