Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

On the Finale episode with JD's wedding, Joe's proclamation for his, Kendrab, and Carrot's near future....move into a new house...

The far, far, far away from the Duggar compound was implied....

The log cabin will be the Halfway House for recent married Duggars who need a place to shack up or maybe Jana's Old Maid Spinster home.....

Jessa and her growing family should move into the log cabin so she can get close by help from her preteens sisters when the 3rd kid comes along....and maybe Bin's red rimmed eyes from the suffocating Mold House will clear up...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

On the Finale episode with JD's wedding, Joe's proclamation for his, Kendrab, and Carrot's near future....move into a new house...

The log cabin will be the Halfway House for recent married Duggars who need a place to shack up or maybe Jana's spinster home.....

Jessa and her growing family should move into the log cabin so she can get close by help from her preteens sisters when the 3rd kid comes along....

The Mold House is such a dump, I can't believe Jessa and Bin haven't relocated. It's small, dingy and right off the expressway. Not exactly an ideal set-up for a family of five. Of course, if Bin would get a job they could probably afford something better by now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

The log cabin will be the Halfway House for recent married Duggars who need a place to shack up or maybe Jana's Old Maid Spinster home.....

Jessa and her growing family should move into the log cabin so she can get close by help from her preteens sisters when the 3rd kid comes along....and maybe Bin's red rimmed eyes from the suffocating Mold House will clear up...

Please God, no. Jessa is a slob, and it would be a shame to trash the log canin. She belongs in the mold house.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Please God, no. Jessa is a slob, and it would be a shame to trash the log canin. She belongs in the mold house.

Agreed. I am still offended by her pile of dirty diapers. That was fucking gross. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The Mold House is such a dump, I can't believe Jessa and Bin haven't relocated. It's small, dingy and right off the expressway. Not exactly an ideal set-up for a family of five. Of course, if Bin would get a job they could probably afford something better by now.

Brace yourselves- I'll defend Jessa's house. It's small, but that means low utility bills, and less cleaning. It has a decent yard, and could be landscaped nicely, with room for a decent food garden. It been updated (tough by Duggars, so crap work). Jessa paid, what, $1 for it? Most people her and Bin's age, especially with (almost) 3 kids, no education, and no real jobs, can't even think of owning their own home - without even a mortgage (let alone their two cars?). Her position would be enviable, and if she were sly, she could use this new baby to get some updates, or a room added on by TLC. It's a great plotline -she could get a new master bedroom built for herself, by her construction competent brothers (ha!), while giving the new baby (maybe a girl) her old room. She could be socking away money for the day TLC abandons them, and live well frugally then, but somehow I don't see it happening.

That said, she's shitting all over that house and her situation. At least do an hour of cleaning an maintenance a day, you unemployed slob. She deserves what she gets.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Brace yourselves- I'll defend Jessa's house. It's small, but that means low utility bills, and less cleaning. It has a decent yard, and could be landscaped nicely, with room for a decent food garden. It been updated (tough by Duggars, so crap work). Jessa paid, what, $1 for it? Most people her and Bin's age, especially with (almost) 3 kids, no education, and no real jobs, can't even think of owning their own home - without even a mortgage (let alone their two cars?). Her position would be enviable, and if she were sly, she could use this new baby to get some updates, or a room added on by TLC. It's a great plotline -she could get a new master bedroom built for herself, by her construction competent brothers (ha!), while giving the new baby (maybe a girl) her old room. She could be socking away money for the day TLC abandons them, and live well frugally then, but somehow I don't see it happening.

That said, she's shitting all over that house and her situation. At least do an hour of cleaning an maintenance a day, you unemployed slob. She deserves what she gets.

I've been thinking along these lines about their little house. However, I don't see TLC or the production company spending the coin to expand the house. Just not on the cards. The Duggs may be old network regulars after all these years but they aren't TLC's shiny stars like they used to be.

As to the rest of it: yes. This is a young family. Contrary to the US real estate industry, they don't need a big four-bedroom, three-bathroom house with granite countertops or whatever the latest trend is. They can live decently in a small house, meaning less money going out for maintenance and utilities, vs. living to the limits of their means (or beyond them). I think it's admirable that they're hanging in with a small house and not blowing their money on housing.

Actually, there's a saying of good old Dave Ramsey, the conservative Christian financial guru, about living frugally while you get out of debt and build your net worth: “If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.” Meaning, when starting out, or working to get out of debt, you may live in a small unfashionable apartment while friends/relatives are taking out big mortgages for houses, but eventually you'll be able to live very comfortably, debt-free, on the financial resources you built by being frugal.

However, it's on Jessa and Bin to make the best of their house, and they seem to be falling down on that job. They appear to be dirty and slovenly as to housekeeping. And a little strange: the kids are still co-sleeping in the parents' bedroom while Bin rules the other bedroom as his study. 

• Love 11

“If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.”

Cue Bitchy Jessa Voice: "No Bin, we're going out to dinner. THAT'S FINAL" 

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

However, I don't see TLC or the production company spending the coin to expand the house. Just not on the cards.

Probably not, but Jessa's not industrious enough to even try that grift.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I've been thinking along these lines about their little house. However, I don't see TLC or the production company spending the coin to expand the house. Just not on the cards. The Duggs may be old network regulars after all these years but they aren't TLC's shiny stars like they used to be.

As to the rest of it: yes. This is a young family. Contrary to the US real estate industry, they don't need a big four-bedroom, three-bathroom house with granite countertops or whatever the latest trend is. They can live decently in a small house, meaning less money going out for maintenance and utilities, vs. living to the limits of their means (or beyond them). I think it's admirable that they're hanging in with a small house and not blowing their money on housing.

Actually, there's a saying of good old Dave Ramsey, the conservative Christian financial guru, about living frugally while you get out of debt and build your net worth: “If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.” Meaning, when starting out, or working to get out of debt, you may live in a small unfashionable apartment while friends/relatives are taking out big mortgages for houses, but eventually you'll be able to live very comfortably, debt-free, on the financial resources you built by being frugal.

However, it's on Jessa and Bin to make the best of their house, and they seem to be falling down on that job. They appear to be dirty and slovenly as to housekeeping. And a little strange: the kids are still co-sleeping in the parents' bedroom while Bin rules the other bedroom as his study. 

Say what you want about Jill, but her children have proper beds and sleeping quarters.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

That dust is probably the cause of  en’s allergies. And, since he’s in the house more than not, he keeps breathing in allergens. 

This also can’t be healthy for the kids, either.

I guess God has not told them to clean the house to get rid of the allergens in the house, and/or see an allergist to be tested to see what allergies they may have.

7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

This house was an extraordinary gift for such young newlyweds.  Having seen only pictures of the interior and exterior, I am always stunned at the level of indifference shown towards their house.  They don't treat it like a loving home nor even attempt to do so.  Perhaps I am wrong. 

Contrast these pictures with what we have seen of Kendra's and  Lauren's first attempts at homemaking.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 7

Kendra updated her Pinterest and created a new baby announcement board a few days ago. I call pregnant, Lauren also started posting baby stuff on Pinterest around the time she got pregnant.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Two words: air purifier.  $150 bucks and a HEPA filter changed my life.  I need Ben to make the investment for his sake as well as the children. 

Good idea! The question is will be would Jessa allow it.

We are getting a exhaust fan put in our bathroom to help keep the moisture down. Hopefully it will help with my sinuses. In my case, I do feel better after taking a bath, but the weird thing is, I can go in the bathroom after someone else takes a bath or shower, and it makes me sick.

31 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Kendra updated her Pinterest and created a new baby announcement board a few days ago. I call pregnant, Lauren also started posting baby stuff on Pinterest around the time she got pregnant.

Yep! 

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Good idea! The question is will be would Jessa allow it.

We are getting a exhaust fan put in our bathroom to help keep the moisture down. Hopefully it will help with my sinuses. In my case, I do feel better after taking a bath, but the weird thing is, I can go in the bathroom after someone else takes a bath or shower, and it makes me sick.

Scent free products, including laundry detergent and sulfate free products were extremely helpful for me. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Scent free products, including laundry detergent and sulfate free products were extremely helpful for me. 

A true HEPA filter running while I sleep, a Navage, and using pillow and mattress covers all helped me.  The covers were pretty pricey though since I bought them from National Allergy Products, but well worth it.  The Navage is truly the best thing since sliced bread.  I almost want to gift one to poor Ben (almost).  

How selfish is Jessa to keep such a filthy house when she knows her husband has allergies.  They need to stop being cheap and hire a cleaning service for a deep cleaning, clean the air ducts, cover the mattresses, and get some new upholstered furniture.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Isn’t she still a teenager?

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Isn’t she still a teenager?

Which one?

Lauren is still 19 until May. Kendra turned 20 in August. 

Duggar Data and some other snarker called Kendra being pregnant.  Joe and Kendra are my pick to have the biggest family of all the currently wedded Duggars. Young, fundie, fertile and very devout! 

• Love 5

That's just nuts.  And I say this as someone who had 3 kids in the space of 4 years.  But I knew that my third was my last, and I had my first at 29, not 19.

Kendra and Joe are on track to have more kids than Jim Bob and Michelle.  

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

That's just nuts.  And I say this as someone who had 3 kids in the space of 4 years.  But I knew that my third was my last, and I had my first at 29, not 19.

Uh-oh. Look out, Kendra. If she can do the math, MOTY might be gunning for you. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

How does Joe expect to support his family?  

Has he ever spoken about real world career goals?

My suggestion is a welding program at a tech school in my area.   60  to 75,000 first year earnings in a career that is portable.  Will it happen?  No.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

How does Joe expect to support his family?  

Has he ever spoken about real world career goals?

My suggestion is a welding program at a tech school in my area.   60  to 75,000 first year earnings in a career that is portable.  Will it happen?  No.

The funny thing is, Clown College has a welding program as part of their trade school. Joe could've done that instead of getting that stupid Bible certificate. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The funny thing is, Clown College has a welding program as part of their trade school. Joe could've done that instead of getting that stupid Bible certificate. 

Unfortunately, Jim Bob doesn't need that much welding. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

DuggarData doesn't seem any of the Duggars surpassing their parents. She does see two of the Bates daughters (Alyssa Webster and Josie Balka) as surpassing the parents. She predicts enormous families for all of the Duggars and Bates. 

• Love 1

I don’t understand why they do it if it’s public and they aren’t ready to announce.  Taking it down does no good since we’ve all seen and are now speculating. Although wait- maybe that WAS the point!  To drum up buzz!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Oh, what an off-the-wall prediction. Sheer data-driven genius.

Well when most of the married-ins come from "birth control is sinful" families and have a no mercy rule in place. Kendra's mom did not look well. But she will reproduce until menopause kicks in.

Kendra will reproduce until her uterus falls out, grows a thumb, and hitches a ride to Mexico.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, awaken said:

I don’t understand why they do it if it’s public and they aren’t ready to announce.  Taking it down does no good since we’ve all seen and are now speculating. Although wait- maybe that WAS the point!  To drum up buzz!

I really don't think the in-laws initially grasp the Duggars 'fame' and/or SM. Jessa's SIL thought she posted a cryptic message when Spurge was born, however it wasn't so cryptic and her account was public. I doubt Kendra thought anyone was poking around on Pinterest to see what she was up to either. 

Even of the Duggars it seemed only JB, Josh and Jessa and now maybe Jeremy play(ed) the drum up interest game.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Well when most of the married-ins come from "birth control is sinful" families and have a no mercy rule in place. Kendra's mom did not look well. But she will reproduce until menopause kicks in.

Kendra will reproduce until her uterus falls out, grows a thumb, and hitches a ride to Mexico.

Because even fundies get the blues!

Edited by Annabel11
  • LOL 4
19 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

All they have to do is make their accounts private.

When has the word "private" ever meant anything to a Duggar? These are people who tracked MEchelle's menstrual cycle on a calendar in the kitchen. "Private" and "Duggar" are not words that belong in the same dictionary.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

So God just starts his day off loading babies in a van and randomly drops them off or the stork/baby thing is real and in the morning all the storks line up at God's big desk?

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, sixlets said:

“We would love to have more kids if the Lord blesses us,” she told UsWeekly“As many as He wants to give us, we’ll be happy to take them.”

This is what you say when your neighbor drops by with extra tomatoes from the garden.  There is something in the water with this family.

But not when they're schlepping zucchinis.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 3/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, sixlets said:

“We would love to have more kids if the Lord blesses us,” she told UsWeekly“As many as He wants to give us, we’ll be happy to take them.”

This is what you say when your neighbor drops by with extra tomatoes from the garden.  There is something in the water with this family.

Oh Kendra. The Lord has nothing to do with it. Most young women who have frequent unprotected sex will get pregnant over and over and over again. Our bodies are designed to reproduce. The future of the human race depends on it. 

This does make me feel a bit bad for Lauren. She miscarried about five months ago. Most of the time couples who have suffered an early miscarriage with no complications are given the go-ahead to start trying again immediately, and I assume she and Si did so. She’s got to be worried that she hasn’t already conceived again, especially when it was so easy to conceive the first time. It would be hard to have those worries and then watch a sister-in-law who already has a baby concieve so quickly and seemingly effortlessly. 

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Oh Kendra. The Lord has nothing to do with it. Most young women who have frequent unprotected sex will get pregnant over and over and over again. Our bodies are designed to reproduce. The future of the human race depends on it. 

This does make me feel a bit bad for Lauren. She miscarried about five months ago. Most of the time couples who have suffered an early miscarriage with no complications are given the go-ahead to start trying again immediately, and I assume she and Si did so. She’s got to be worried that she hasn’t already conceived again, especially when it was so easy to conceive the first time. It would be hard to have those worries and then watch a sister-in-law who already has a baby concieve so quickly and seemingly effortlessly. 

We don't know officially that Kendra is pregnant and we also don't know that Lauren isn't pregnant. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

We don't know officially that Kendra is pregnant and we also don't know that Lauren isn't pregnant. 

You are correct. I don’t live in their bathrooms (thank god) so I don’t know for sure that they are or aren’t pregnant.

I think it is highly likely that Kendra is pregnant. She’s young, fertile, and having regular sex without protection (breastfeeding is not the reliable contraceptive that some people think it is) and she was pinteresting baby stuff. a + b = baby.

Given that Si and Lauren were not expecting last month when they gave the statement about losing their first and only baby, I think it is unlikely that Lauren is pregnant. She could have conceived since then, of course, and they could have learned after their last experience that they shouldn’t announce right when the pee stick dries. I just don’t think they would stay quiet about it. 

• Love 13

I think the odds are with Kendra. In addition to being young and fertile, I think she and Joe are happy and attracted to one another. They're probably having sex a lot more often than Si and Lauren. Of course as mentioned above, nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but Si and Lauren are so painful together, I'm shocked she got pregnant so quickly in the first place.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think the odds are with Kendra. In addition to being young and fertile, I think she and Joe are happy and attracted to one another. They're probably having sex a lot more often than Si and Lauren. Of course as mentioned above, nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors, but Si and Lauren are so painful together, I'm shocked she got pregnant so quickly in the first place.

That’s a really good point. I also think that Joe seems much more likely to take the time to make sex a pleasurable experience for Kendra. Si seems more like the type to only care about his own needs. Plus he and Lauren haven’t been married as long, so they haven’t had as much time to get comfortable with each other, sexually or otherwise. 

With all the honeymoon babies in this family, I assume that the girls consider their cycles when they plan their weddings. One honeymoon baby could be a coincidence, but we’ve had Jill, Joy, Kendra and Lauren who have all conceived the month they got married. That’s an awful lot of good timing. 

• Love 12

Lauren didn't get pregnant until late August. Her due date, if the same as Jessa's as she claimed, would have been 6/6. She was married in late June, so not quite a honeymoon baby.

• Love 3