Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

1997 is a bit generous. She looks like Counselor Troi circa 1990/2367.

Fundie Stevie Nicks circa 1977.  That look is so wrong on so many levels.  There's nothing cute about it.

I don't see any of the Duggar boys being encouraged to select any of the Rod females, not unless JB gets totally desperate for mating options for them.  

• Love 6

I'm betting JB has told all the Duggar boys -- Just sit tight, and I'll be lining up a girl for each of you. No need for you to go out looking for one. 

And because they apparently have so little initiative, they're probably just going with that. But I don't see any possible tit for tat that might come to JB from a Rodrigui wedding, so I expect Jill's pitiful, horrifying brood is way at the bottom of the pile. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, lianau said:

Jill , nobody is interested in Nurie because you're crazy , even for a fundie .

That's funny that something has finally penetrated the daze. I mean, when the Duggar parents seem sane and viable to the future spouse's family... but everyone looks at JillRod and goes, 'nope, not going within 12 miles of that', you know the parents are weird.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

I don't see any of the Duggar boys being encouraged to select any of the Rod females, not unless JB gets totally desperate for mating options for them.  

Can you imagine having to entertain and host that family if they actually became in-laws popping by all the time?  Scary.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, queenanne said:

That's funny that something has finally penetrated the daze. I mean, when the Duggar parents seem sane and viable to the future spouse's family... but everyone looks at JillRod and goes, 'nope, not going within 12 miles of that', you know the parents are weird.

I do expect that even the Rodrigui would be less weird-appearing if, like the Duggars, they'd managed to find a money tree, though. JB needed some initiative that David R doesn't have, certainly, but if TLC had never come along, I doubt that the outward appearance of the Duggs would be as nearly "normal" seeming as it is now. And if Jill and David had gotten themselves a money tree, their kids would look less like they were starving and wouldn't have to spend so much time on the bus. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

I like how you used this word since truthfully that's all there is to it.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

I like how you used this word since truthfully that's all there is to it.

I know, right? When you're marrying a complete stranger you've never even had a private conversation with, "mating partner" is the most accurate description there is.

• Love 11

The difference in Marj and Nurie, besides sanity, is that Marj isn't desperate. She has normal outside goals before she gets married and has 10000 kids. By 'normal', I mean getting a real education and having some interests besides reproducing. Looks like she finished a real, legit, homeschool education. She's also going to college. She's published those books, she has friends, she has style, she can carry on a conversation that doesn't sound like a fundie Squeaky Frome. If Marj decides to get married at 20 or 21 and have 100 kids, it's because its her choice and her decision, not because she can't comprehend doing anything else.

Nurie is a pretty girl, but she's really, really, strange. Not sure if her strangeness can be fixed, or if she wants it to be fixed. I kind of admire anyone who can have that much confidence in their own warped little world, but the Rodriguii are past 'doing things a little differently'. They're flat out WEIRD. Very entertaining, but not entertaining enough to want to marry them into your family.

Nurie reminds me of those old cartoons, where the curtain slowly rises to the floor to show a really pretty ankle, then leg, then whole figure, then when they get to the face, it's some crazy Ugly Stepsister who's desperate for a MAY-UN. Not that Nurie is ugly, because she isn't, but that she's just so bizarre, and screams RUNNNNNN!

If she had to be a TV character, I'd liken her to a more desperate Rhonda from Big Love, when she tried to blend with the other kids off the compound, and just couldn't. Even her modern clothes were 'off', and she just couldn't socially fit in with even goody two shoes Heather. Not that Nurie is mean or manipulative like Rhonda, but that she just thought she was the princess in her own world, and couldn't quite grasp how everyone wasn't impressed with her. They must all be sinners.

I doubt very much any Duggar or Bates boy ends up with a Rodriguii, unless they can somehow be tricked into a good old fashioned Victorian 'compromising.' Maybe one of the Howler Boys will be stupid and arrogant enough to be left alone with Nurie, but I think everyone is aware she's out to Trap a Man and nothing else, so I doubt if there will ever be a chance to force a marriage. 

It would be so entertaining to see everyone, especially Michelle and Jessa, deal with Jill's domineering nuttiness, that I'd love to see a Rodriguii kid marry into that family, but I doubt it will every happen. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Yeah, that RenFaire style dress from the pimpage photos posed in the yard is just... odd.  (It's like Nurie escaped from a high school performance of Robin Hood.) Ironically, it's one of those things I feel *could be* in style and that designers are making clothes with bell sleeves, etc.; but it's like whoever whipped it up from homemade, didn't have a modern pattern to go from.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

Who is the official marriage license watcher?

The wedding will be in August.  All the Duggar courtships last 2 1/2 - 3 months.  This season of Counting On is only seven episodes.  So, the Joe/Kendra wedding almost guarantees another season for the show.

• Love 1

I read the People article (print) last night at the store. It had the tiniest box given to Joe and Kendra. It was so generic it was unreal. It said he proposed at his sister's wedding and that he was so nervous that she might say no. And she said no I was thinking "Finally! I was waiting for you."  Huh? She's 18, and they've been courting for less than three months. Why"finally" except for that's what lots women say?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I read the People article (print) last night at the store. It had the tiniest box given to Joe and Kendra. It was so generic it was unreal. It said he proposed at his sister's wedding and that he was so nervous that she might say no. And she said no I was thinking "Finally! I was waiting for you."  Huh? She's 18, and they've been courting for less than three months. Why"finally" except for that's what lots women say?

They will probably get their own People spread.

It's a shame Joy couldn't even have her wedding day as her own. Sad, actually.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It's a shame Joy couldn't even have her wedding day as her own. Sad, actually.

Or, it's sad that Joe and Kendra didn't get a TV episode just about their engagement.  All the other married couples got that.

• Love 3

Given that they're leading off with Joy's wedding, it's going to be massively awkward when they end the season with Joe's proposal. Because that's how they'll work this. They have to squeeze out Jessa's birth, the leaving (nah, they'll lie)...the return of the Dullards from DA, I guess the moving of Mary's house, Jana decorating Joy and Austin's lovenest (houses don't build themselves....they have to live somewhere before they supposedly "build" their own house). Jessa will be knocked up again soon enough; JoKen will get the Mold House by default, even if Jessa isn't pregnant by late August. 

• Love 4
On 6/3/2017 at 1:22 PM, Mollie said:

The wedding will be in August.  All the Duggar courtships last 2 1/2 - 3 months.  This season of Counting On is only seven episodes.  So, the Joe/Kendra wedding almost guarantees another season for the show.

Kendra said to People that they want a fall wedding.

2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:
On 6/3/2017 at 11:22 AM, Mollie said:

Kendra said to People that they want a fall wedding.

Yeah, but September 2nd (first Saturday in Sept) probably counts as Fall in Duggar time.

• Love 1
(edited)

I immediately thought of all the fundie couples when I saw these engagement pictures. I hope JoKen don't get any inspiration from them. 

IMG_6144.JPG

Edited by AUgirl
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

I immediately thought of all the fundie couples when I saw these engagement pictures. I hope JoKen don't get any inspiration from them. 

IMG_6144.JPG

So many captions!

"I saw what you were up to in the bushes a few minutes ago. You're not getting into heaven."

"Jesus Christ, Kendra! Where? Over there! Oh, I see him!"

"Savior of the world and all I get is a stick. You get home schooled and land a fine assed bitch. There's no f'in justice!"

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints, it was because Sandpeople always ride single file to hide their numbers."

It's a shame Derick doesn't have the manbun anymore. He'd dress up as Jesus at the drop of a hat.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, AUgirl said:

IMG_6144.JPG

Here's a stick. Go beat the hell, oops, I mean HECK out of the Duggars and the rest of the crazies who think they represent who I am."

• Love 11
15 hours ago, JoanArc said:

So many captions!

"I saw what you were up to in the bushes a few minutes ago. You're not getting into heaven."

"Jesus Christ, Kendra! Where? Over there! Oh, I see him!"

"Savior of the world and all I get is a stick. You get home schooled and land a fine assed bitch. There's no f'in justice!"

"My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints, it was because Sandpeople always ride single file to hide their numbers."

It's a shame Derick doesn't have the manbun anymore. He'd dress up as Jesus at the drop of a hat.

im dying . 

• Love 5

It could be the wedding will be in October or November.  Kendra's family is in charge of the wedding and they may take more time to actually provide real food, buy actual bridesmaids dresses, etc.  Hopefully it will put the Duggar weddings to shame--I remember Anna's was classier--they actually fed folks!

• Love 1

Am I the only one wondering whether Kendra's round chipmunk-face will balance the Duggar pointy chin? Genetics being favorable, they could produce some sweet looking babies. Same goes for Joy/Austin for that matter...there's the makings of quite an attractive face there if it's balanced right.

(edited)

Apparently they want to go into "ministry." Good luck, kids. That field is saturated in NWA. I'm not sure if she's been to Danger America. It sounds like they want to live off of Duggar Money while Joe and Ben fight over the straggling evangelicals in their area, competing with her own daddy.  You have to be JoKen if these two try to minister outside of the US. Joe has some flimsy certificate from Clown College before it got its tenuous accreditation last year. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

I thought someone found pictures ok Kendra in a missioncation with the Duggars. It doesn't surprise me they want to go into fake ministry. What skills do they have? If her education is as good as Joe's, all they are capable of doing is parrot bible verses. No critical thinking skills, no employable skills. And they will speed breed, that is the real tragedy.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Apparently they want to go into "ministry." 

No wonder Jana talked about wanting a guy who does manual work. Spending all your time in the thick of this crowd of clueless "ministers" and "missionaries" running around trying to save the world would drive anyone with a half ounce of sense up a wall. 

• Love 16

Have y'all seen this "Dear Prudence" story that went viral? Long story short the best man/officiant asked his pregnant girlfriend to marry him in the middle of the bride and groom's vows and all hell breaks loose lol (it's the third story down)http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2017/05/dear_prudence_my_boyfriend_keeps_naked_photos_of_his_exes.html

it immediately brought to mind Joe asking for Kendra's hand at Joy's reception.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Apparently they want to go into "ministry." Good luck, kids. That field is saturated in NWA. 

Even the next generation Bates girls are regressing by courting guys who want to go into the "ministry." There can't be all that many jobs out there considering church attendance is down as a whole, so is that really a wise plan? I think Kendra is so young, dumb and brainwashed she doesn't know to say anything different, but I'd expect a little more from Joe. I always thought he was more like JD where he had actual skills to make a living. I guess not.

• Love 8
On 6/7/2017 at 9:24 PM, JoanArc said:

Okay this one made me laugh. I love the Star Wars reference!

On 6/4/2017 at 2:37 AM, Temperance said:

I worried she might say no? Stop the bullshit. She's been salivating over courting you, she's in your sister's wedding, you are proposing at your sister's wedding. You knew she would say yes. Please just stop. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Even the next generation Bates girls are regressing by courting guys who want to go into the "ministry." There can't be all that many jobs out there considering church attendance is down as a whole, so is that really a wise plan? I think Kendra is so young, dumb and brainwashed she doesn't know to say anything different, but I'd expect a little more from Joe. I always thought he was more like JD where he had actual skills to make a living. I guess not.

Maybe they mean ministry as in working in the church nursery or cleaning church toilets. I sure don't see Joe as blasting out an interesting sermon.

• Love 5
On 6/7/2017 at 11:41 PM, AUgirl said:

IMG_6144.JPG

Truly awful.

"Hell, no, I'm not Jesus come back from the dead. Haven't you guys ever heard of John Lennon?"

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Maybe they mean ministry as in working in the church nursery or cleaning church toilets. I sure don't see Joe as blasting out an interesting sermon.

Unfortunately, as we've seen, you don't even need to preach sermons for them to think theyre in the ministry. 

• Love 5